PDA

View Full Version : J.J Arrington as KO returner?

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Listening to McD talk in his presser here, and he was asked what he thought about Arrington as KO returner. Sounds like he's going to give him a shot to be the primary returner.Which I like because if Eddie is indeed going to be a more focal point of the offense while Thomas gets the Offense down,I dont want to see him get hurt if he doesnt HAVE to play ST.Thoughts?

broncobryce
04-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah, kick returner of course and he can also catch the ball well. Screens, kick returns.

honz
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
I'll say it again...Eddie is a mediocre kick returner. I hope someone beats him out because he isn't that good at it and he is far more valuable to us as a healthy WR.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM
I saw little of his play when he was in Arizona, So I didnt know if he had done much in the way of special teams there. I know Eddie took several back to the house last year so I dont know how much better of a returner JJ could be, But it will be interesting to try and get some more speed back there.

honz
04-24-2010, 02:32 PM
I saw little of his play when he was in Arizona, So I didnt know if he had done much in the way of special teams there. I know Eddie took several back to the house last year so I dont know how much better of a returner JJ could be, But it will be interesting to try and get some more speed back there.

He took two back in the same game. Other than that he has done jack squat for us as a returner.

Northman
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM
I'll say it again...Eddie is a mediocre kick returner. I hope someone beats him out because he isn't that good at it and he is far more valuable to us as a healthy WR.

He looked fine to me. Its not like our special teams is top notch to give anyone a real chance anyway. But, like the first poster said he is now one of the vets we have at that position and we will need him there more than on returns.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM
He took two back in the same game. Other than that he has done jack squat for us as a returner.

thats right, I think that was the chargers game if Im not mistaken..Your right though. He's a darn good reciever so I got a bit excited to hear they are seriously considering putting either Arrington or this new CB we drafted today back there in ST.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Arrington really isn't any good. As a returner, as a RB, nothing. I think the only reason he'll probably make the squad this year is because Jordan and Hillis are gone and nobody else was brought in to compete. We have Moreno, Buck, Arrington, and... that's it?

Yep Arrington is making this team by default. Oh, and Perrish Cox will probably end up doing the returning because with only 3 RBs on the roster, Arrington can't "risk injury".

Maybe we'll bring in an UDFA RB.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 02:37 PM
McD said that they are very likely going to look to pick up some undrafted FA so I expect we might add another RB somewhere in there for camp fodder more then anything else.

tomjonesrocks
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't know why Arrington is on this team. Seems like a scrub to me--unsure what McD is seeing in him. Hope I'm wrong but wonder if he really makes the final roster.

JDL
04-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Listening to McD talk in his presser here, and he was asked what he thought about Arrington as KO returner. Sounds like he's going to give him a shot to be the primary returner.Which I like because if Eddie is indeed going to be a more focal point of the offense while Thomas gets the Offense down,I dont want to see him get hurt if he doesnt HAVE to play ST.Thoughts?

Why do people continue to think this guy is good at Kick Returns? He had 1 really long return that inflated his numbers, but his career numbers put him in the bottom 1/3 of league returners and he is a lesser kick returner than Chris Cole was for us. Watched too many years of this guy to know that him being in the NFL is a pretty big joke... there isn't a softer bigger p@$$y of a player in the league.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Why do people continue to think this guy is good at Kick Returns? He had 1 really long return that inflated his numbers, but his career numbers put him in the bottom 1/3 of league returners and he is a lesser kick returner than Chris Cole was for us. Watched too many years of this guy to know that him being in the NFL is a pretty big joke... there isn't a softer bigger p@$$y of a player in the league.

are you referring to Arrington or Royal? I was not implying that Arrington would be some fabulous returner for us.Though if it means that Eddie can concentrate more on being a primary reciever then working on ST,its a good choice. Hell, we tried Hillis as KO returner last year and On the VERY FIRST play of that week two game against cleveland he fumbled it. That left a bad taste in McD's mouth I am sure, So now he wants to give the guys a chance early on that can compete at every position.