PDA

View Full Version : UDFA's signed, players released

OldManBronco
04-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Got this from the Bronco site:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A day after adding seven players in rounds three through seven of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Broncos added seven more.

The team announced the additions of Houston running back Anthony Alridge, Oklahoma kicker Garrett Hartley, tackle Mitch Erickson from South Dakota State, tackle Tyler Polumbus from Colorado, Toledo punter Brett Kern, Texas-El Paso wideout Lorne Sam and Kentucky linebacker Wesley Woodyard.

Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

In order to stay under the 80-man roster limit, the Broncos released defensive tackle Michael Bozeman, safety Steve Cargile, offensive lineman Mark Fenton, fullback Steven Jackson, linebacker William Kershaw, fullback Paul Smith and running back Marquis Weeks

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7987

atwater27
04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Steve Cargile??? I like that guy!

D1g1tal j1m
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Paul Smith had the rep as a special teams ace. Too bad he couldn't help our special teams needs...

frauschieze
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Dang! I like Cargile and thought Smith was a small bright spot in an otherwise bleak special teams. Hopefully our new additions will step up in ST.

Fan in Exile
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Looking at their numbers they were surprisingly unproductive on special teams last year. Six tackles for Cargile and 2 for Smith. I get that tackles aren't the only measure but still that isn't many.

frauschieze
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Cargile was only active for four games in 2007. Smith was mainly a blocker, and at times, seemed to be the only one who knew what he was supposed to be doing. However, Smith has an injury history and was injured last year as well, so I guess I really shouldn't be that surprised.

joshxhannah
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I really hate that KC picked up Luke Swan. He is going to be a great special teams contriubter if he makes the team.