PDA

View Full Version : Don't think Quarterback

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Don't look at Tebow as a shitty NFL quarterback - Think of him as a 250 pound fullback with arms the size of your head who just happens to be able to throw the ball a little bit. A guy to be plugged into the wildhorse and redevolup the offensive system to keep defenses completely off balance when he's on the field. Think of him as a guy that can line up at tight end. Think of him as a guy who will make a couple tackles on special teams. More or less, realize that no matter how flawed he is as a quarterback, he is one kickass FOOTBALL PLAYER and a proven winner time and time again. Does his throwing motion resemble mannings? no. But they told him he couldn't be a high school QB, then a Florida QB and he made them all look foolish. I don't see a weak QB, I see an excellent football player with the desire to win and prove doubters wrong.

That is all.

WARHORSE
04-24-2010, 06:36 AM
.........Kinda like Kick A** and Hit Girl, huh?
:D

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 06:49 AM
.........Kinda like Kick A** and Hit Girl, huh?
:D

Wait, what?

Lonestar
04-24-2010, 08:25 AM
He is a superb athlete that may or may not ever become a starting NFL QB.

I'm betting that he will, but then he may never be a statisicaly a top 5 "passer" that makes one elite.

I say who cares if he wins consistently, is superb leader and he is an extreme overachiever.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

SoCoPoCo
04-24-2010, 09:17 AM
I am actually looking forward to buying my 10-year old son the football jersey of a Broncos draftee. We got a player who will never be on the police blotter, challenge his coach or the owner through the media, hold out because he feels disrespected by his contract, or feel entitled to be a millionaire. We got an outstanding human who also happens to be one of the greatest FOOTBALL players in college football history. I am tired of explaining to a young Broncos fan the fact players have been traded because they didn't want to be on the Broncos. The future of the Broncos organization is very bright and I'm glad to see us turn the corner!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:20 AM
I am actually looking forward to buying my 10-year old son the football jersey of a Broncos draftee. We got a player who will never be on the police blotter, challenge his coach or the owner through the media, hold out because he feels disrespected by his contract, or feel entitled to be a millionaire. We got an outstanding human who also happens to be one of the greatest FOOTBALL players in college football history. I am tired of explaining to a young Broncos fan the fact players have been traded because they didn't want to be on the Broncos. The future of the Broncos organization is very bright and I'm glad to see us turn the corner!

I agree 100%, even if this batch isn't looked at as the most talented they will be looked at as the most reputable characters through and through, that shows alot of discipline and dedication to the philosophy by the coaching staff.

spikerman
04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
IMO, if he is not a being brought to Denver to eventually become the starting quarterback it was a wasted first round pick. You don't trade picks to move up into the first round to draft a guy who isn't a difference maker. I like the selection of Tebow, just not where he was drafted and not at the price paid. I certainly understand that he's a long-term project and that would be fine if this team was closer to being a contender. I just think of all of the players that could have been signed who could have helped immediately with the picks the Broncos were stockpiling and can't help but shake my head.

That said, nobody will be rooting harder than me for Tebow to succeed, which is a difficult thing to admit for this FSU fan. :D

lgenf
04-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Well as a UF alum - and a branded GATOR

I will be rooting harder then you will

EMB6903
04-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Tebow will never play a down on special teams... lol

arapaho2
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't look at Tebow as a shitty NFL quarterback - Think of him as a 250 pound fullback with arms the size of your head who just happens to be able to throw the ball a little bit. A guy to be plugged into the wildhorse and redevolup the offensive system to keep defenses completely off balance when he's on the field. Think of him as a guy that can line up at tight end. Think of him as a guy who will make a couple tackles on special teams. More or less, realize that no matter how flawed he is as a quarterback, he is one kickass FOOTBALL PLAYER and a proven winner time and time again. Does his throwing motion resemble mannings? no. But they told him he couldn't be a high school QB, then a Florida QB and he made them all look foolish. I don't see a weak QB, I see an excellent football player with the desire to win and prove doubters wrong.

That is all.

thats all fine and dandy...but what i see is we blew up our draft to take a guy that wasnt a need and may with all probability been there around 43#

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Well said, my son has been wondering what all the hype is about Tebow. Tried to explain these very things to him. He's got a Brandon Marshall jersey and I told him we would get a Tebow one as well, But the old 15 has got to be hung up.

jlarsiii
04-24-2010, 12:27 PM
IMO, if he is not a being brought to Denver to eventually become the starting quarterback it was a wasted first round pick. You don't trade picks to move up into the first round to draft a guy who isn't a difference maker. I like the selection of Tebow, just not where he was drafted and not at the price paid. I certainly understand that he's a long-term project and that would be fine if this team was closer to being a contender. I just think of all of the players that could have been signed who could have helped immediately with the picks the Broncos were stockpiling and can't help but shake my head.

That said, nobody will be rooting harder than me for Tebow to succeed, which is a difficult thing to admit for this FSU fan. :D

I couldn't agree more with your statement. If Tebag is here for any other reason then to be a starting QB then it was a huge waste of picks to get him. His character aside if he can't produce on the field then what good is he to the team?

If all he can do is be a gimmick player in the "wild horses" formation and play ST if needed, then how on earth did we think he would not be there to be drafted in the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th round?

Whatever you think of Tebow as a player, I still believe that we severely overvalued him when we could have kept our other picks and drafted him much later in the draft. Where Clausen and McCoy were drafted clearly demonstrates that Tebow could have been drafted much, much later.

We gave up too much unless Tebow quickly becomes an all pro QB and stays that way for his entire career. I have my doubts about that ever happening. . .

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Franchise QB...I really, really, miss you.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Franchise QB...I really, really, miss you.

He's number 15,Will take some time.. But I really think he will be a success for us.

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM
He's number 15,Will take some time.. But I really think he will be a success for us.

He could succeed like a Vince Young, but I don't think he will quite have the wins. He's like a non poor version of Young. Like a clone with more power and less shiftiness.

Man I wish Denver could find a Manning/Brees/Brady/Warner type QB. Maybe I was just spoiled with John Elway.

jlarsiii
04-24-2010, 12:42 PM
He could succeed like a Vince Young, but I don't think he will quite have the wins. He's like a non poor version of Young. Like a clone with more power and less shiftiness.

Man I wish Denver could find a Manning/Brees/Brady/Warner type QB. Maybe I was just spoiled with John Elway.

We were all spoiled by Elway. It makes us all a touch more critical of the QB position because we all want another Elway on this team.

Tned
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM

They had one, he's in Chicago now.

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 12:57 PM

I'm starting to believe it, especially considering the lovefest going on with Tebow already, who's more like a Vince Young clone.

claymore
04-24-2010, 01:02 PM
This regime lasts as long as Tebow does. He will not be a fullback with big arms or whatever. He is our Franchise QB until McD is fired.

Unless Orton or Quinn have a lights out camp and season, they are as good as gone or benchwarmers by next year. Maybe even later this year.

Might as well pretend to love it because there aint shit that can be done about it. At least Tebow is a good young man, and easily likeable. Maybe a little too likeable but whatever.

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Unless we're winning SuperBowls, I'll never like Tebow. The thought of him throwing more than 20 passes disgusts me.

I feel totally fooled by Josh McDaniels, and I can't believe I bought into his "QB guru" label, in which looks like he's bringing us a power running offense, especially with the Tebow pick.

Lonestar
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM

Did you really think we were going to spend all of those on picks?

If you did do you really think they would have all made the team or just be camp fodder?

We can only keep 53 players this year.

WE were pretty for players well set from last year and needed only OG, OC, WR(in some folks eyes) after that we need not necessarily in this order Backups/replacements down the road for NT, OT, TE, ILB, CB, DE..

Since lots of folks hate both Orton and Quinn getting another down the road "franchise QB" was something we needed to do.

Thinking that he was going to get past MIN is foolish, as they need a BIG time QB after Farve retires.

Think what you want about Tebow he is a winner and he will succeed at QB here in DEN unless the fans expect him to be another rocket armed QB with nothing between the ears but money, honors and pro bowls on his mind.

HE will not be a day one starter but given a YEAR to get up to speed and limited play time to fix those areas the COACHES feel he has to, he will IMHO be the QB of the future.

Lonestar
04-24-2010, 01:26 PM
We were all spoiled by Elway. It makes us all a touch more critical of the QB position because we all want another Elway on this team.

IMO he is a Elway type QB excepting his delivery and arm strength, not sure there will ever be another Duke with him being the "perfect storm" so to speak.

But he has all the other tools and the delivery will get fixed and We really do not know how strong the arm is yet do we.

He is going to give Defenses fits done the road with his ability to run and throw on the run.

spikerman
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Did you really think we were going to spend all of those on picks?

If you did do you really think they would have all made the team or just be camp fodder?

We can only keep 53 players this year. No, I didn't expect them to use all of the picks, but they could have turned some of those picks into future high round draft choices while drafting for depth this year.

WE were pretty for players well set from last year and needed only OG, OC, WR(in some folks eyes) after that we need not necessarily in this order Backups/replacements down the road for NT, OT, TE, ILB, CB, DE.. I disagree- I know, big surprise, right? :D This team is not extremely talented on either side of the ball and I think they have more pressing needs than drafting for backups and replacements. They could use younger, better defensive linemen for instance. Like I said above, drafting for depth is important, but this team has needs to fill now. That's why I'm not sure drafting a "project" so early is a good idea.

Since lots of folks hate both Orton and Quinn getting another down the road "franchise QB" was something we needed to do.

Thinking that he was going to get past MIN is foolish, as they need a BIG time QB after Farve retires. Minnesota did not seem to be in a real big hurry to draft a quarterback.

Think what you want about Tebow he is a winner and he will succeed at QB here in DEN unless the fans expect him to be another rocket armed QB with nothing between the ears but money, honors and pro bowls on his mind.

HE will not be a day one starter but given a YEAR to get up to speed and limited play time to fix those areas the COACHES feel he has to, he will IMHO be the QB of the future. I agree that he's a winner. And again, I'll say that I don't dislike that Tim Tebow is a member of the Broncos, I just think the Broncos had much bigger needs at the spot he was drafted and gave away far too much to move up and draft a guy that won't be ready anytime in the near future. I would have had no problem with him being drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, but using a few valuable picks to move up to get him was a bit of a reach. Oh well, all I can do now is root like hell for him to succeed.

DenBronx
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM

Man I do miss Cutler. I don't think fans realize how rare of a QB to WR tandum we had and they were all a new young necleous. Maybe Cutler wasn't Manning or Brady but you could see what he was capable of and with time I think he would have taken us to the big game. I'm devastated as a fan.

We could have just kept the offense in tact and went after some very solid defensive players the last couple of years.

I bet Bowlen wishes he could go back in time and not make such a bone headed decision.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 02:42 PM
I bet Bowlen wishes he could go back in time and not make such a bone headed decision.[/QUOTE]

Bowlen didn't make that decision. He left that up to the coach and the coach decided it wasnt' worth the trouble. I honestly believe Bowlen is behind McD all the way and trusts him to make choices that are going to give our team the best chance for success. I am however surprised that we have heard NOTHING of Bowlens thoughts over the course of our draft these last few days.

DenBronx
04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Bowlen didn't make that decision. He left that up to the coach and the coach decided it wasnt' worth the trouble. I honestly believe Bowlen is behind McD all the way and trusts him to make choices that are going to give our team the best chance for success. I am however surprised that we have heard NOTHING of Bowlens thoughts over the course of our draft these last few days.

yeah because bowlens got that OH SHIT look on his face.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
yeah because bowlens got that OH SHIT look on his face.

I doubt it...

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 03:36 PM

Bowlen was the one who made the final decision to trade Jay Cutler. Are you a Denver fan or a Tebow fan? It looks like you've been here long enough to announce the Tebow pick.

SM19
04-24-2010, 03:37 PM

That is all.

You're right, that sounds like an awesome third-round pick.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Bowlen was the one who made the final decision to trade Jay Cutler. Are you a Denver fan or a Tebow fan? It looks like you've been here long enough to announce the Tebow pick.

another smartass..I have been on the forums for three years but had an issue trying to post with my other username. So i changed it, EVERY mod as well as Tned is aware of it and knows who I am..So bring some more cute comments on.

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 03:40 PM
another smartass..I have been on the forums for three years but had an issue trying to post with my other username. So i changed it, EVERY mod as well as Tned is aware of it and knows who I am..So bring some more cute comments on.

I'm sorry. You didn't have Tebow4Ever(I've been here for 3 years but had issues with my other username so I changed it) as your handle.

Apparently you didn't notice the "April 2010" next to your join date.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry. You didn't have Tebow4Ever(I've been here for 3 years but had issues with my other username so I changed it) as your handle.

Apparently you didn't notice the "April 2010" next to your join date.

what are you trying to get at? the join date is totally irrelevant.

topscribe
04-24-2010, 03:43 PM
"I certainly understand the economics of a first-round draft pick at quarterback,"
Orton said today. "But I'm really set on going out and have the best year of my
career. And whatever decision they make, it's going to be a tough one for them."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14952583

-----

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 03:46 PM
what are you trying to get at? the join date is totally irrelevant.

The join date is the date that someone "joins the message board". It's a fairly simple concept really. Or were you expecting me to read your mind that you were here 3 years earlier?

LMAO

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 03:47 PM
The join date is the date that someone "joins the message board". It's a fairly simple concept really. Or were you expecting me to read your mind that you were here 3 years earlier?

LMAO

allright Silk, i get your drift. No need to keep it up. I am a Broncos fan, not just a tebow fan...Enough said.

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 03:48 PM
allright Silk, i get your drift. No need to keep it up. I am a Broncos fan, not just a tebow fan...Enough said.

Sounds good. It was actually a pretty innocent question in the first place.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Sounds good. It was actually a pretty innocent question in the first place.

Agreed. Im just getting tired of defending myself. Your just another pisser to join that group that thinks Tebow is a waste of 4 draft picks...Thats all, No offense.:beer:

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Agreed. Im just getting tired of defending myself. Your just another pisser to join that group that thinks Tebow is a waste of 4 draft picks...Thats all, No offense.:beer:

LOL He looks to me to be in the mold of a Vince Young. Not that VY is a bad player, because the guy wins, but I thought we were getting a controlled passing attack with McDaniels that would eventually open up, and it looks like he's moving more and more to a power rushing attack.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 03:56 PM
LOL He looks to me to be in the mold of a Vince Young. Not that VY is a bad player, because the guy wins, but I thought we were getting a controlled passing attack with McDaniels that would eventually open up, and it looks like he's moving more and more to a power rushing attack.

this is only the 2nd year for him. He has just begun I think to really see what he can utilize his players for.Hence with Cutler,Hillis,Marshall,and Scheffler gone.A new coach is going to pick his team.Despite all the talent that the above players had and will continue to have at other teams,they were not for whatever reason the players Mcdaniels wanted here.I do not agree that we are leaning towards a power rushing attack. We really only have 1 legitamite running back in Moreno as far as the future is concerned. Buckhalter is a solid back up but I think lacks the stamina for a load as full starter,and quite frankly. I do NOT see Tebow lining up in the wildcat as much as some people think.Occasionally yes, But not to the point where that becomes the core of our offensive playbook. Only time will tell, But Mcdaniels has football intelligence and he will succeed.This draft was significantly better then last years.

topscribe
04-24-2010, 07:45 PM

Tebow reminds me more of a QB we had recently: Bradlee Van Pelt.

Big, tough. Check.
Fiercely competitive. Check.
Fleet afoot. Check.
Terrific running QB. Check.
Lacks field vision. Check.
Meh, okay passer. Check.

Of course, it is my understanding BVP didn't attend church quite as often . . .

-----

Shazam!
04-24-2010, 08:20 PM
IMO, if he is not a being brought to Denver to eventually become the starting quarterback it was a wasted first round pick.

He may have the talent to be a TE of FB, but he is destined to be a QB for the Broncos. We'll see how he develops.

Tned
04-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Tebow reminds me more of a QB we had recently: Bradlee Van Pelt.

Big, tough. Check.
Fiercely competitive. Check.
Fleet afoot. Check.
Terrific running QB. Check.
Lacks field vision. Check.
Meh, okay passer. Check.

Of course, it is my understanding BVP didn't attend church quite as often . . .

-----

Others have made the BVP comparison since we drafted him on Thursday.

I think it's fair to say that the comparison would never be made if BVP hadn't been a Bronco.

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 09:04 PM
I will say this. If I were to envision what kind of QB Josh McDaniels likes, Tim Tebow would be at the polar opposite of the spectrum.

With him working so well with Brady, and doing a brilliant coaching job with Cassell, and then not wanting to work with Jay Cutler because Cutler would apparently make to many bad throws for his taste, I would have figured McDaniels likes cerebral QB's who are very accurate (big arm is irrelevant), quick decision maker, and has pinpoint accuracy where he is hitting his WR's in strides with short controlled paterns all the way down the field, with an occasional deep throw.

Brady, Cassell, and even Orton are all similiar QB's to a degree. They certainly are not your big play, huge arm, down the field, mobile QB's that other systems prefer. He's always defended his offense as quick hits and letting the WR do most of the work.

That is nothing like the scouting report on Tim Tebow. That's almost completely opposite.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I will say this. If I were to envision what kind of QB Josh McDaniels likes, Tim Tebow would be at the polar opposite of the spectrum.

With him working so well with Brady, and doing a brilliant coaching job with Cassell, and then not wanting to work with Jay Cutler because Cutler would apparently make to many bad throws for his taste, I would have figured McDaniels likes cerebral QB's who are very accurate (big arm is irrelevant), quick decision maker, and has pinpoint accuracy where he is hitting his WR's in strides with short controlled paterns all the way down the field, with an occasional deep throw.

Brady, Cassell, and even Orton are all similiar QB's to a degree. They certainly are not your big play, huge arm, down the field, mobile QB's that other systems prefer. He's always defended his offense as quick hits and letting the WR do most of the work.

That is nothing like the scouting report on Tim Tebow. That's almost completely opposite.

Except that Tebow is the ultimate competitor and he's been a winner at every level. He's shown nothing but the desire to win and be coached (which I think was a HUGE + for McDaniels) since he's played. He's a leader, he's dedicated, he's athletically gifted, and he's a humble, no off-field BS guy. How many Frat Party pictures are guys going to be able to dig up on this guy being all drunk and looking like a dumbass? How many girls is he going to rape in a nightclub? This guy makes Peyton Manning look like an A-hole in comparison.

So he has an ugly wind up and probably has trouble reading a pro-style defense (even though he's what 2/3 vs Nick Saban's "dominant" defense?). those are things that are totally coachable.

He doesn't have to start right away! That's the best part. Isn't it always the hope that a rookie QB gets to hold the clipboard for a year or two, anyway? Isn't that what everyone says? Even if they're a 1st round pick?

Why is everyone who's doubting Tebow acting like we have to rush this guy onto the field this year and watch him fail? Doesn't he get to ride the pine and watch Orton (the starter) and Quinn (the backup) for a year or two like every other QB if the opportunity is there?

SO WTF IS THE PROBLEM??? We've got a guy that could be SUPERMAN for us in the future. We had a great draft without Tebow! He's the icing on the cake of future dominance! I find it absolutely hilarious that the "wait and see" and "trust in McDaniels" crowd hates Tebow so much that they are actually doubting McDaniels and the rest of the draft, too! :lol:

topscribe
04-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Others have made the BVP comparison since we drafted him on Thursday.

I think it's fair to say that the comparison would never be made if BVP hadn't been a Bronco.

Well, he was, and it fits so well, IMO.

-----

silkamilkamonico
04-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Except that Tebow is the ultimate competitor and he's been a winner at every level. He's shown nothing but the desire to win and be coached (which I think was a HUGE + for McDaniels) since he's played. He's a leader, he's dedicated, he's athletically gifted, and he's a humble, no off-field BS guy. How many Frat Party pictures are guys going to be able to dig up on this guy being all drunk and looking like a dumbass? How many girls is he going to rape in a nightclub? This guy makes Peyton Manning look like an A-hole in comparison.

This is just absurd. There are others of talented, leading, wanting to be coached, humble, competitive, great college QB's making the transition to the NFL that are great character guys and wouldn't be caught in the same group of guys as people your listing. Let's not sit here and pretend Tim Tebow is something special and unique when it comes to general character of good NFL players.

So he has an ugly wind up and probably has trouble reading a pro-style defense (even though he's what 2/3 vs Nick Saban's "dominant" defense?). those are things that are totally coachable.

Actually, no, it's not. If it was so easy, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Akili Smith, and a plethora of other talented and upstanding QB's would be playing at a high level right now.

Why is everyone who's doubting Tebow acting like we have to rush this guy onto the field this year and watch him fail? Doesn't he get to ride the pine and watch Orton (the starter) and Quinn (the backup) for a year or two like every other QB if the opportunity is there?

I'm certainly not doubting Tebow in a sense of him being rushed out on the field. I'm not sure why you're categorizing one argument as "everybody".

SO WTF IS THE PROBLEM??? We've got a guy that could be SUPERMAN for us in the future. We had a great draft without Tebow! He's the icing on the cake of future dominance! I find it absolutely hilarious that the "wait and see" and "trust in McDaniels" crowd hates Tebow so much that they are actually doubting McDaniels and the rest of the draft, too! :lol:

Yea, Superman. Great argument. This guy could be Superman!! That's why 8 teams who could use a new QB passed on him, because they don't want Superman. I mean, who wouldn't want Superman?

LMAO

And congratulations on spinning the argument of being unhappy with one guy as "the rest ofd the draft". We did draft some pretty good players. Let's not sit here and pretend "Superman" somehow makes everyone else we drafted irrelevant.

topscribe
04-24-2010, 09:39 PM

He doesn't have to start right away! That's the best part. Isn't it always the hope that a rookie QB gets to hold the clipboard for a year or two, anyway? Isn't that what everyone says? Even if they're a 1st round pick?

My how the winds can so quickly change.

How recently has it been since you have been saying such derogatory things
about Orton? And now those who show some doubt about Tebow become the
crowd that "hates Tebow so much."

Amazing.

-----

Italianmobstr7
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I haven't read anything in this thread except the OP. I think Quarterback because that's what Tebow is. I love that he's a QB with a FEW extra dimensions. Dude will run you over, or run around you. If he can't do that, he'll just throw a rope to a WR. I love that flexibility and I really think that he's going to be a future STAR for us. So many people want the guy to fail, and I think it will help drive him to greatness. I honestly believe that Tebow will be a SUPERSTAR in this league in a few years. I just can't wait for him to fix his mechanics and blossom into the player we all hope and want him to be.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-24-2010, 09:41 PM
I heard something really funny today. Jim Miller and Bob Papa (I think) were interviewing Dan Lefevour on Sirius NFL Radio. The guy they most compared him to was Tebow. Athletic, running QB, played in the spread, etc.

I think it's funny that the guy that Woody Paige thought was the "guy the Broncos had to have in this draft" is exactly the kind of guy the pundits are flaming us for drafting...

HORSEPOWER 56
04-24-2010, 09:44 PM
My how the winds can so quickly change.

How recently has it been since you have been saying such derogatory things
about Orton? And now those who show some doubt about Tebow become the
crowd that "hates Tebow so much."

Amazing.

-----

It's just the "Duality of Man" I guess... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VHKpGJX29s

Tned
04-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, he was, and it fits so well, IMO.

-----

How does their college winning percentage compare?
Passer rating?
Completion percentage?
TD/INT ratio?
INT/ATT ratio?
National championships?

The only reason the two names would ever be mentioned together is because BVP was a Bronco.

topscribe
04-24-2010, 09:55 PM
How does their college winning percentage compare?
Passer rating?
Completion percentage?
TD/INT ratio?
INT/ATT ratio?
National championships?

The only reason the two names would ever be mentioned together is because BVP was a Bronco.

Did I compare Tebow to Craig Morton? Norris Weese? Steve Tensi? Steve Ramsey?
Gary Kubiak? Brian Griese? Jake Plummer? John Elway? They were all Broncos.

Go back and check the items of my comparison. Those are the criteria I used. I did
not use stat sheets to compare the two. I saw them both - Tebow mostly in films
and BVD in actual play at CSU and as a Bronco. (CSU is the #1 Division I school
I root for.) That is the basis of my comparison.

Tebow played for Florida, perennial contender for the national championship.
BVD played for CSU up the road. If the two switched schools, would the results
been the same for both schools? Very possible. They share the same skill set.
I admire both of them for their toughness, their fierce competitiveness. I also
see the same mediocre passing skills.

I have my doubts. It is based on what I see and what I have seen from various
quarterbacks throughout the years. I hope I am wrong. If I am, I will enjoy one
delightful course of crow.

-----

dogfish
04-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Josh McDaniels says Tim Tebow will only play quarterback
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 24, 2010 6:44 PM ET

Tim Tebow is capable of playing fullback or tight end or special teams or even defense, but he won't in Denver. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels insists that Tebow is a quarterback, period.

"He's a quarterback," McDaniels said, per Bill Williamson of ESPN.com. "He's a quarterback. That's all he's going to do."

McDaniels said Tebow will compete with Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn for the starting job.

"Like everybody, he will be competing for a job," McDaniels said. "I don't care if a guy is a rookie. If he's earned the job, he'll play. That goes for any position. But I'll say this, he has a long way to go to get there. But he is starting the process."

Although McDaniels is open to broadening the definition of "quarterback" enough to let Tebow take some snaps in the wildcat formation if he doesn't beat out Orton and Quinn, he repeated his opinion of Tebow three times: "He's a quarterback."

bcbronc
04-25-2010, 04:10 AM
I'm still conflicted on what to think about this. my first reaction was disgust and hate. I just don't see Tebow ever being a guy that can throw the ball 30+ times a game and consistently win games in the NFL. obviously it's not impossible, but I don't see it happening.

so if he can't do that, he can't ever really be a franchise quarterback. he's not Mike Vick or Randall Cunningham, and his power running game is not going to translate to the pros. sure he's big and strong and fast for a QB, but he's not going to be running through kids trying to arm tackle on Sundays.

I know he's going to come in and work hard and all that, but I just don't see a #1 QB, in the traditional sense, in Tim Tebow so it's hard to justify giving up 3 picks to acquire him.

But then after a couple sleeps, I started thinking on what Tebow does bring. He'll certainly provide some match-up issues for defensive coordinators, in certain situations. he brings huge versatility to 3rd and 3 or 1st and goal from the 8. These are big situations over the course of a season, so how much value can you place on upgrading them? we did give up a ton, so how many 3rd downs does he have to convert to be worth it?

I guess one answer is he has to be our starting, every down QB to be worth what we paid. But on the other hand, the game today is become so specialized in a lot of ways that it's easy to conceive of the "short yardage QB" becoming an NFL staple within the next few seasons. Philly and Miami have already started something along those lines, and Tebow (even without improved mechanics) has the skill set to fit that role perfectly.

in a way, Tebow could be a bit like Reggie Bush in that Bush was drafted as a RB, is listed as a RB, and plays RB but his value can't really be measured simply on his performance as a RB. similarly, TT will be a QB, but his contributions will be measured a bit differently than those of the typical QB in the league. maybe Tebow will only get 10-15 touches a game, but if those touches keep drives alive and finish them off, he'll be a key contributor.

maybe Tebow develops into a guy that takes every snap. but even if he doesn't, he should still be able to make some plays for us by creating some mismatches. whether that will be enough to validate McDaniels will likely come down to whether Tebow can make plays when they matter most: in the playoffs. If he does, nobody will care what we gave up for him.

still, none of that changes the fact that there is just something about his face that I can't stand, and I absolutely despise listening to him do an interview. not sure what it is exactly, but it's there. and I can't see it going away until he starts making some plays on the field.