PDA

View Full Version : The Official "If you can't say something positive about the Broncos, don't say anything at all' thre

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
ad. (Due to the length of the title, I had to finish it in the body of the original post).

Okay, this is only for positive thoughts on our Broncos. If you are going to bash players that have yet to take the field, move along. If you are going to bash proir picks that did not pan out, move along.

If you are going to whine, call your mother. We don't want to hear it.

I will start:

I am REALLY excited about Eddie Royal. He projects the quiet confidence of another WR that is currently wrapping up his career.

Day1BroncoFan
04-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I love the Broncos because they are the best in the west.

MHCBill
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Great thread!!!

I love beef!

claymore
I am happy with the draft, and the change of direction with our player aqusition regarding "problem children".

Rex
I feel very happy about Ryan Clady.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Torain looks like he could be a steal.

tubby
Travis Henry is going to bounce back from a tumultuous season and RUN WILD in 2008!

Big Hoss #20 :salute:

BroncoJoe
I'm not draft expert (something others should realize as well ...) but I love the fact we went 100% with character guys.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Great thread!!!

I love beef!

I love you! Lets be positive and gay!

Dreadnought
Spencer Larsen is very unlikely to ever get busted in a strip joint throwing around piles of singles and biting the bouncers!

CoachChaz
Jack Williams will be the 2nd best player we chose in this draft.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Jack Williams will be the 2nd best player we chose in this draft.

Wow. See, that is the stuff I like. Expand the thought, Chaz. Why do you feel that way? How is your relationship with your mother?

MOtorboat
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Spencer Larsen is very unlikely to ever get busted in a strip joint throwing around piles of singles and biting the bouncers!

There is nothing wrong with a strip club.

That's a positive comment, right...

I like Torain.

claymore
04-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Peyton Hillis will be the first white guy to lead the league in rushing sense "Black sox Mcgee".

Rex
04-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I think Travis Henry will be just fine....he was hurt last year.

Rex
04-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Mo,

Can you bust an acoustic version of any song by the Commodores and post it.

tia.

MOtorboat
Mo,

Can you bust an acoustic version of any song by the Commodores and post it.

tia.

Why?

tia.

frauschieze
I am excited that we spent our first round pick on the trenches.

Rex
04-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Why?

tia.

Dont ask questions, sing Midget.

tia.

BeefStew25
Why?

tia.

Don't ask why. Be positive and do it. Negativity is not welcome here MO. Leave your baggage at the door.

Dreadnought
There is nothing wrong with a strip club.

That's a positive comment, right...

I like Torain.

Nothing wrong with strip joints per se (according to me, not Mrs. Dreadnought), but NFL guys have a knack for getting in trouble in them. Too much money for their own good, mixed with booze and hot nekkid girls. A combustible mix. Married Mormon guys with a kid already (by his lawful wife) are unlikely to show up on a Police blotter. Thats a good thing for us, yes.

topscribe
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Over on Mania, they have a whole forum to the affect of the title this thread.

It's called "Orange Colored Glasses." ;)

Just kidding . . . this thread is a good idea, Beef. :beer:

-----

honz
04-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Even though I really didn't want us to pick Clady, he will prove me wrong and be a perennial Pro Bowler.

Peyton Hillis will be our starting FB for the next decade. Steal of the draft!

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Negativity doesn't accomplish a thing. Especially since we are fans, and have little to no control of the decisions being made. Thus, if you are negative, I am going to hold you down and force feed the Kool Aid down your pie hole. And you will like it.

(I think when War Horse wakes up and finally gets out of bed, he is going to like the above paragraph).

topscribe
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Koutouvides is going to need surgery after the next Oakland game . . .

. . . to remove McFadden's teeth from his knuckles.

-----

MOtorboat
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM

-----

Meh...McFadden won't go anywhere...I'd rather Niko do that to Philip Rivers.

BroncoJoe
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Beef, this may not be an appropriate post in this wonderful thread, but I'm concerned about Boss. He hasn't been around since the draft. Think he may have jumped since none of his boys were picked?

Day1BroncoFan
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I love every draft pick this year and am looking forward to a season of wins. :cool:

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:43 PM

-----

Or, Rivers is going to punch DJ in the fist with his face.

claymore
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Negativity doesn't accomplish a thing. Especially since we are fans, and have little to no control of the decisions being made. Thus, if you are negative, I am going to hold you down and force feed the Kool Aid down your pie hole. And you will like it.

(I think when War Horse wakes up and finally gets out of bed, he is going to like the above paragraph).I thought he slept in a hamock, underneath a coconut tree? :confused:

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Beef, this may not be the appropriate post in this wonderful thread, but I'm concerned about Boss. He hasn't been around since the draft. Think he may have jumped since none of his boys were picked?

Joe, you read my mind.

Boss is sitting in a dark seedy hotel room slowly burning page after page of his mock.

This thread is for him and all the others like him that need hope to accept what they cannot change. I wrote a book a couple years ago called "The Energy Bus." I lost the floppy I saved it on, or I would have had it published. It was really brilliant work. I wish Boss could have read it.

Boss, if you are lurking, we need you here. There are still free agents to be signed.

frauschieze
04-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I LOVE that Lichensteiger has a mean streak.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 01:53 PM

Licky.

Dreadnought

I'm already dreaming of him kneeing Merriman in his "Wedding Tackle" in the middle of a pile. Almost worth 15 yards, but better if he gets away with it.

MOtorboat

I love that his scouting report made me laugh. "Player has short arms." Because it reminded me of this guy: http://www.sharealayout.com/graphics/thb_h0sm56k4vlbt.jpg

And it made me laugh.

I think he will be an excellent interior lineman in the future.

Bronco4ever
04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
I like that we have a thread dedicated to the Positive Pauls of the BroncosForums and not the Negative Nancys.

Royal will instantly improve in the field position battle and our offense will score more touchdowns because of the little guy. Powell will continue not to give up rushing yards to his side of the line and be a force.

Rex
04-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Guess what: I had Clady going to the Broncos at 12.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 02:02 PM
At least a few times next year, Eddie Royal will make some players that we collectively hate look laugh-out-loud funny when he turns them inside out.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Lex didn't get the memo.

MOtorboat
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Guess what: I had Clady going to the Broncos at 12.

As did I.

frauschieze
04-28-2008, 02:08 PM
The Torain pick sucks.

Listen here. Don't go sullying up this thread with your outright negativity. There are other threads for you to spout your disdan for all things Bronco. This is not one of them. Move on.

GEM
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
ad. (Due to the length of the title, I had to finish it in the body of the original post).

Okay, this is only for positive thoughts on our Broncos. If you are going to bash players that have yet to take the field, move along. If you are going to bash proir picks that did not pan out, move along.

If you are going to whine, call your mother. We don't want to hear it.

I will start:

I am REALLY excited about Eddie Royal. He projects the quiet confidence of another WR that is currently wrapping up his career.

Beef, I was thinkin the same thing about Royal. Wouldn't it be phenomenal to shut some of the negative nellies up with that!

Me personally, I was happy with our draft. We got needs filled. We didn't go out on limbs with character issues. We didn't go sexy, but sometimes sexy isn't what a team needs.

GEM
04-28-2008, 02:14 PM

Sounds like a mean sumbitch! :D

frauschieze
04-28-2008, 02:14 PM
If I post something negative, everyone is free to confront me and even call me names but it doesnt cut both ways?

This is a negativity-free thread as stated in the title and first post. Maybe you should make a positive-free thread and state that only negative things could be posted. Then if people say positive things, you can dog them. **EDIT**

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Beef, I was thinkin the same thing about Royal. Wouldn't it be phenomenal to shut some of the negative nellies up with that!

Me personally, I was happy with our draft. We got needs filled. We didn't go out on limbs with character issues. We didn't go sexy, but sometimes sexy isn't what a team needs.

I think this was such a long term draft in many ways. Maybe we quit trying to hit the homer and maybe go for some singles and an occasional double.

You build the amusement parks and nightclubs and parks after you build the roads and sewers and retention ponds.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
I think this was such a long term draft in many ways. Maybe we quit trying to hit the homer and maybe go for some singles and an occasional double.

You build the amusement parks and nightclubs and parks after you build the roads and sewers and retention ponds.

Exactly. We did it right this time, whether or not assclowns like Mel Kiper jr. like it or not. Build the fundamentals, and bring in kids with work ethics, smarts, toughness, team attitudes, desire, and clean police records to restore some pride and heart to this franchise. I think Shanny may have diagnosed our problems better than we credit him for.

GEM
04-28-2008, 02:20 PM
If I post something negative, everyone is free to confront me and even call me names but it doesnt cut both ways?

I dunno....unless you have a problem with reading comprehension, it was laid out in the title and first post. No Negativity. It's really not that hard. ;)

GEM
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Exactly. We did it right this time, whether or not assclowns like Mel Kiper jr. like it or not. Build the fundamentals, and bring in kids with work ethics, smarts, toughness, team attitudes, desire, and clean police records to restore some pride and heart to this franchise. I think Shanny may have diagnosed our problems better than we credit him for.

This would be the Broncos version of a rebuild. At least we aren't going to be picking top 10 for the next decade while we try to improve...unlike every other team in the AFC West.

GEM
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
:confused: You've been negative all morning in just about every thread. Why come in to one that specifically states NO NEGATIVITY just for the single purpose of being negative.

If you hate all things Broncos and you are that much smarter than the guys that get paid for the things you wish you were doing, why are you still a fan? Why do you still invest time into the Broncos if they aren't up to your high standards?

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 02:27 PM
:confused: You've been negative all morning in just about every thread. Why come in to one that specifically states NO NEGATIVITY just for the single purpose of being negative.

If you hate all things Broncos and you are that much smarter than the guys that get paid for the things you wish you were doing, why are you still a fan? Why do you still invest time into the Broncos if they aren't up to your high standards?

Don't be negative, dearest GEM :D

His post got deleted. Good. I can go back to daydreaming of Cutler's production after getting a little more time, a real pass catching FB, Scheff, Stolky, Marshall (G-d willing), Royal, and whoever ends up staying on the roster from our cast-of-thousands. This will be fun.

Mike
04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok, all. Let's get back on topic.

For those who can't stay on topic or try to tear down someone's thread...either don't post here or go create your own thread.

OB
04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I left you a mile high salute calling you a homo. Take a hint chump and scram.

Heres something positive - me and tubby agree :D

Ziggy
04-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Dude, seriously. Leave. Start your negative thread and go talk to yourself.

He won't be talking to himself. Boss will be back soon.

Hillis will be a huge factor in the redzone this year, and Royal will put us there quicker. How nice will it be not having to start most of our drives inside the 25 yard line?

BeefStew25

For those who can't stay on topic or try to tear down someone's thread...either don't post here or go create your own thread.

Mike, I need something positive from you.

OB

Capt America has spoken :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-28-2008, 02:30 PM
The only selection I was really down about was Spencer Larsen due to his age. However, the kid is right that he's a young 24/25 years old since he is relatively fresh from football. When I did see him play, he was just all over the place. Personally, I think he's just a special teamer, but if he could be a special teams captain down the road, that'd be awesome.

I don't see how anyone can really complain about the selections we've got until they are out on the field for a full year or two and see how they progress.

Denver took some nice players, I'm extremely happy with Day 1, and Day 2 was pretty solid as well. The problems in this draft come to mind with the injury concerns regarding Lichtensteiger (who is a few months away from shoulder surgery) Torain with his Lisfranc injury (which is almost death to running backs) and then Barrett; who I love -- but is often dinged up as well.

That's the nature of football though. I hope all these picks pan out, and I'm really excited about a lot of them. I think fans should be excited first before they get really down on them. Let's just hope for a speedy recovery for Kory L., and have a positive attitude regarding our picks and hope they progress as we move forward. That's all we can hope for. Oh, let's hope they'll be free of injury from now on too.

I know it's hard to not let your emotions get the best of you, but come on guys. Give these guys a chance.

mclark
04-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Gotta love that center we drafted. That's Kory with a 'K" Lightersinger, Leisterzinger, Lasttostingher. Oh, well.

GEM
04-28-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm daydreaming about Royal taking one to the house in the preseason game 1. :D

honz
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
All of last year, I thought that many of our woes (especially on defense) were due to lack of heart. I know the scheme and players have something to do with it, but don't try to tell me that our guys were giving it their all on every play last year.

Every player drafted this year seems to either be high character guys and/or hard workers. I think we got football players and teammates in this draft rather than just athletes.

MHCBill
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
I wanted Johnathan Stewart in the worst way... almost as bad as Boss, but I am very happy Ryan Clady is a Bronco.

I love the direction of the draft... team guys, high character, strong work ethic, and most importantly team first, me second players.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
All of last year, I thought that many of our woes (especially on defense) were due to lack of heart. I know the scheme and players have something to do with it, but don't try to tell me that our guys were giving it their all on every play last year.

Every player drafted this year seems to either be high character guys and/or hard workers. I think we got football players and teammates in this draft rather just athletes.

Exactly. Ask Dan Snyder how well that approach of bringing in high profile "sexy" big name talents has worked out. Give me sound fundamentals, a great O-line, and Running-back-by-committee every time.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 02:35 PM
I wanted Johnathan Stewart in the worst way... almost as bad as Boss, but I am very happy Ryan Clady is a Bronco.

I love the direction of the draft... team guys, high character, strong work ethic, and most importantly team first, me second players.

We can disagree on Stewart v. Clady, but in general I am with you 100%

Mike
04-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Mike, I need something positive from you.

I wasn't crazy about Clady over Williams...but I am happy that OL was a priority for the Broncos. We needed protection for our young QB. :beer:

Ziggy
04-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this Taurian kid turns out to be something special. When it comes to mid to late round RB's, in Shanny I Trust.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 02:40 PM
You guys make me so very happy. I am so glad all of you came into my life. I want to thank you.

Signed,

Blood, Sweat & Tears

Requiem / The Dagda
04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this Taurian kid turns out to be something special. When it comes to mid to late round RB's, in Shanny I Trust.

I was a huge fan of Torain's and he was slated in my earliest mocks because he was on a tear his first half of the season before he ripped his Lisfranc apart. That's a real concern to me, but they did an alternate surgery and he says he's 100%. I hope so, because he runs nasty!

Ziggy
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
You guys make me so very happy. I am so glad all of you came into my life. I want to thank you.

Signed,

Blood, Sweat & Tears

I'm singing Koom-ba-ya as we speak.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm singing Koom-ba-ya as we speak.

Beef will do that to you. The words that first come to my mind are "inclusive", "diverse", "tolerant", and "caring". That is the true nature of Beefstew25, and why he is my friend.

Rex
04-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Beef, do you find yourself thinking about Dream more often these days?

topscribe
04-28-2008, 02:58 PM

Signed,

Blood, Sweat & Tears

Awww . . . gawrshk! hyuk!, hyuk! *kicks the dirt*

Can I tell you what I want for my birthday? :D

-----

tubby
04-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Niko will be a run stuffer in the middle.

G_Money
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Barrett looked mediocre at times this year.

Barrett also sprained his MCL this year.

Barrett was listed as the #2 safety before the season started (right behind Kenny Phillips) by some sources.

Barrett had a pretty darn good year last year that caused me to be keenly interested in his progress this year.

Barrett did not make progress this year...but how much of that was him and how much was the injury?

Barrett seems to have instinct problems, a la DJ Williams - GREAT physical attributes, needs to have his hand held while he's being taught the position.

Barrett's got a big motor and is overaggressive rather than lazy - a much better problem to have IMO.

Barrett is the most impressive physical specimen in the draft at the S position, and could play FS or SS depending on how he develops.

And we got him for basically nothing.

Also, he's hungry:

Barrett, who spoke to Broncos coach Mike Shanahan just prior to being selected, said he is eager to head out to rookie mini camp.

"I was the only safety Denver drafted. That's a message in itself. I just need to take advantage of it," he said. "I just need to go in there and have a great camp."

Barrett is also looking forward to being an understudy to John Lynch, the Broncos' 15-year veteran and eight-time Pro-Bowler.

"As much knowledge as he has about football, I've heard so many tremendous things about the man he is and the way he lives his life," Barrett said. "He's a tremendous all-time player, and if I don't come out of this being a better player, I'm going to need some examination."
As a 7th round flier, we could have done FAR worse than Barrett. He could be lighting it up come August and September. Health and understanding are really his only barriers to what could be a very interesting training camp.

~G

Tned
04-28-2008, 03:04 PM
The Torain pick sucks.

Way to respect the thread starter's wishes.

Speaking about Ahab like quests, you might need to look in the mirror.

On to my positive statement:

The more I read about Ryan Torain and where he was ranked and thought of before the injury, if he is fully healed he could turn out to be a hell of a runner. Entering the 2007 college season, Kiper had him as a first day pick, and some had him going in the first round.

G_Money
04-28-2008, 03:06 PM
I was a huge fan of Torain's and he was slated in my earliest mocks because he was on a tear his first half of the season before he ripped his Lisfranc apart. That's a real concern to me, but they did an alternate surgery and he says he's 100%. I hope so, because he runs nasty!

Torain runs too light for his weight for me - at least when I was watching him earlier this year.

But he's a 1-cut back, and a guy who reads middle runs really well. I dunno that he's gonna be able to gain the edge consistently enough, but honestly we don't run a lot of those loooooong stretch plays or end runs that could expose him.

I wasn't thrilled w/ his selection because we could have had Choice (who had an injury, but not a crazy foot injury with a new surgical technique), but I'll freely admit - TD-style explosion is possible. He's a good back. :beer:

I just don't think he's gonna be ready this year is all. We'll see. Training camp is gonna be a ton of fun this year. A lot of vets better watch their backs - there aren't a lot of kids with zero shot to make the roster.

~G

honz
04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
I really like that quote from Barrett...he seems to understand that he is going to be in a good situation and it is up to him to make the most out of the situation and become a better player.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Torain runs too light for his weight for me - at least when I was watching him earlier this year.

But he's a 1-cut back, and a guy who reads middle runs really well. I dunno that he's gonna be able to gain the edge consistently enough, but honestly we don't run a lot of those loooooong stretch plays or end runs that could expose him.

I wasn't thrilled w/ his selection because we could have had Choice (who had an injury, but not a crazy foot injury with a new surgical technique), but I'll freely admit - TD-style explosion is possible. He's a good back. :beer:

I just don't think he's gonna be ready this year is all. We'll see. Training camp is gonna be a ton of fun this year. A lot of vets better watch their backs - there aren't a lot of kids with zero shot to make the roster.

~G

I'd hope that Torain makes the roster. Henry, Torain and Young are probably our backs. We'll see. That undrafted kid Alridge could make it as a returner to pair with Royal!

Tned
04-28-2008, 03:11 PM

~G

The good news is he probably doesn't have to be ready. With Henry/Young as the main runners (who have shown they can get the job done when healthy) and possibly mixing in Hillis on short yardage/goal line, I think the running game will be just fine this year.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Training camp is gonna be a ton of fun this year. A lot of vets better watch their backs - there aren't a lot of kids with zero shot to make the roster.

~G

Amen to that. I would recommend Sami Parker and a few others rent rather than buy, because I could easily see most of these guys on the opening day roster.

topscribe
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
The good news is he probably doesn't have to be ready. With Henry/Young as the main runners (who have shown they can get the job done when healthy) and possibly mixing in Hillis on short yardage/goal line, I think the running game will be just fine this year.

It's good to hear some positive remarks about the backs the Broncos already
have. They made some serious yardage last year. They were just
horrendously unlucky with injuries.

Both Henry and Young have indicated they have really turned down the
screws in preparing for this year. That plus just a little bit of luck :pray:, an
improved O-line, and better field position should help with the injury situation.

-----

Ziggy
04-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Barrett looked mediocre at times this year.

Barrett also sprained his MCL this year.

Barrett was listed as the #2 safety before the season started (right behind Kenny Phillips) by some sources.

Barrett had a pretty darn good year last year that caused me to be keenly interested in his progress this year.

Barrett did not make progress this year...but how much of that was him and how much was the injury?

Barrett seems to have instinct problems, a la DJ Williams - GREAT physical attributes, needs to have his hand held while he's being taught the position.

Barrett's got a big motor and is overaggressive rather than lazy - a much better problem to have IMO.

Barrett is the most impressive physical specimen in the draft at the S position, and could play FS or SS depending on how he develops.

And we got him for basically nothing.

Also, he's hungry:

As a 7th round flier, we could have done FAR worse than Barrett. He could be lighting it up come August and September. Health and understanding are really his only barriers to what could be a very interesting training camp.

~G

Is it just me or do all of our draft picks seem to have one or more of the following attributes? Big, mean, fast, non-stop motor, team player.

MOtorboat
04-28-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking we've got a stable in the backfield again boys...

Ziggy
04-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm really looking forward to the Cowboys coming to Dove Valley to practice with the Broncos. Last year in camp we were pushed around by them on both lines, and it was a sign of things to come for the Broncos. We are going to get an early glimpse of just how improved we are in that area. Can't wait!

topscribe
04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm really looking forward to the Cowboys coming to Dove Valley to practice with the Broncos. Last year in camp we were pushed around by them on both lines, and it was a sign of things to come for the Broncos. We are going to get an early glimpse of just how improved we are in that area. Can't wait!

You know they won't be pushing Nalen around. And they won't be pushing on
Thomas/Robertson, either. And Ekuban will be back: He doesn't push easily.
Throw Kuper in there with another year under his belt and 320-lb Clady over
at tackle . . . it won't be like last year. :beer:

-----

Broncospsycho77
04-28-2008, 03:41 PM
I really like how Eddie Royal has a Rod Smith-esque way of carrying himself on and off the field. True businessman, and the right character this organization needs after run-ins with the law.

Day1BroncoFan
04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
The only selection I was really down about was Spencer Larsen due to his age. However, the kid is right that he's a young 24/25 years old since he is relatively fresh from football. When I did see him play, he was just all over the place. Personally, I think he's just a special teamer, but if he could be a special teams captain down the road, that'd be awesome.

I don't see how anyone can really complain about the selections we've got until they are out on the field for a full year or two and see how they progress.

Denver took some nice players, I'm extremely happy with Day 1, and Day 2 was pretty solid as well. The problems in this draft come to mind with the injury concerns regarding Lichtensteiger (who is a few months away from shoulder surgery) Torain with his Lisfranc injury (which is almost death to running backs) and then Barrett; who I love -- but is often dinged up as well.

That's the nature of football though. I hope all these picks pan out, and I'm really excited about a lot of them. I think fans should be excited first before they get really down on them. Let's just hope for a speedy recovery for Kory L., and have a positive attitude regarding our picks and hope they progress as we move forward. That's all we can hope for. Oh, let's hope they'll be free of injury from now on too.

I know it's hard to not let your emotions get the best of you, but come on guys. Give these guys a chance.

Day1 is the best.

On another note, we have a Royal Flush now and we will shove those nasty little punts and kicks down their nasty little throats with him. :D

If you all keep talking such positive talk I may get to excited. :D

G_Money
04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
University of Kentucky center Eric Scott and running back/kick returner Rafael Little have signed free-agent contracts with the Tennessee Titans and linebacker Wesley Woodyard has signed a free-agent deal with the Denver Broncos.

So.

Wes Woodyard.

A guy I wanted with our missing 3rd round pick. A guy I would have been willing to take in the 2nd rather than miss out. I guy I originally was thinking would have to be a promising safety conversion project and after watching a lot more of him decided he can play weakside LB or SS for me any day.

A leader on the field, a guy who has It in the huddle and after the ball has been snapped, a player with more heart than almost anyone and zero quit, fast as hell, strong, tackling machine, heavy hitter, and all-around badass.

Also, nice guy, academic all-american, recognized at KY for his charity work and a student of the game.

Welcome to my team. I have no idea why nobody else picked you up, but as a LB with 10 extra pounds over your playing weight you ran the agility drills better than most of the safeties and are smooth, fluid and explosive in everything you do.

Keep bringing the hammer and putting in the work and you're gonna play a decade in the league - and a lot of teams are gonna look stupid for passing on you.

Better 'backer than Adibi or Highsmith, and with the potential to be as good a safety as any of the safeties drafted.

I dunno where we'll be playing you, but I know you'll succeed there.

Also, if you want to go to prom with me, I'd be forever greatful.

~G

Lonestar
04-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow with all that koolade I have to go get dialysis to get some sugar removed..

I said enough yesterday about the draft I'm going to let it rest a few days and see if the sun does come up Wednesday..

BroncoJoe
04-28-2008, 05:47 PM

~G

I was reading through your post, and was going to make a comment like that. You're always right on top of things, ~G.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow with all that koolade I have to go get dialysis to get some sugar removed..

I said enough yesterday about the draft I'm going to let it rest a few days and see if the sun does come up Wednesday..

I need something positive from you Jr. Something. Like, "I like when the sky is blue." Anything.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
G, if you like him, I like him.

Lonestar
04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
I need something positive from you Jr. Something. Like, "I like when the sky is blue." Anything.

Maybe Wednesday I still see this as train wreck..

OH here is a positive we did not get character issues this time or SO IT SEEMS.. Time will tell.

BeefStew25
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Maybe Wednesday I still see this as train wreck..

OH here is a positive we did not get character issues this time or SO IT SEEMS.. Time will tell.

Halfhearted, but the judges accepted it.

Dreadnought
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
So.

Wes Woodyard.

A guy I wanted with our missing 3rd round pick. A guy I would have been willing to take in the 2nd rather than miss out. I guy I originally was thinking would have to be a promising safety conversion project and after watching a lot more of him decided he can play weakside LB or SS for me any day.

A leader on the field, a guy who has It in the huddle and after the ball has been snapped, a player with more heart than almost anyone and zero quit, fast as hell, strong, tackling machine, heavy hitter, and all-around badass.

Also, nice guy, academic all-american, recognized at KY for his charity work and a student of the game.

Welcome to my team. I have no idea why nobody else picked you up, but as a LB with 10 extra pounds over your playing weight you ran the agility drills better than most of the safeties and are smooth, fluid and explosive in everything you do.

Keep bringing the hammer and putting in the work and you're gonna play a decade in the league - and a lot of teams are gonna look stupid for passing on you.

Better 'backer than Adibi or Highsmith, and with the potential to be as good a safety as any of the safeties drafted.

I dunno where we'll be playing you, but I know you'll succeed there.

~G

G, it sounds like Wes Woodyard wouldn't need to offer you a Million bucks, frankly. Not that there's anything wrong with that....:D

Slick
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Great thread.

I'm excited about a lot of these guys. I really like the fact that Barret seems to be ready to be a sponge around Lynch. I liked the Clady pick. I have to be honest I didn't know who some of these other guys were, but like mentioned before, it seems like we drafted a lot of high character guys.

I made no secrets about wanting Owen Schmitt, but Hillis is the next best thing, maybe even better. I get paid to scuba dive, not make draft picks.

Also, how 'bout the UDFA's we got. I really like Polumbus(only allowed one sack last season I believe, and he's a local guy-Cherry Creek HS), the speedy back from Houston might be a sleeper, and G's prom date Woodyard, how the heck did a team not scoop him up?

I'm ready for some football. :salute:

G_Money
04-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Polumbus is a total practice-squad guy, but he's so raw that it's gonna be a while before he turns into anything.

But he COULD turn into something really nice. Exactly the kind of guy you want to pick up and stash until you can make a better determination.

I will laugh my ass off if Alridge turns out to be a better KR than Royal...but in a good way. ;) Either way, two great shots at a good return guy are fine with me.

And Woodyard's a freakin' steal - except we didn't steal him, we vied for his services with several other teams and came out on top. I don't know what that means. Did we promise him a look at OLB? Does he WANT to play safety and learn from Lynch?

He could have gone to a more Tampa 2 scheme if he wants to be a 'backer...but until very recently we've liked smaller backers here as well. We'll see.

The more I look at the draft and the current 80 man roster, the more I want mini-camps and training camps and pre-season to get here.

I want to see how the varied parts of this roster fit together. Last year we had 25 DTs, this year it's a ton of LBs and safeties and OL and WRs.

I wanna see how this plays out. I like optimism after the draft instead of rabid disgust and/or frustration.

Much better feeling. ;)

~G

Hobe
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I talked to my sister today. She lives in Virginia and watches Virginia Tech. I told her the Broncos drafted two VT players and she said, ”WOW THAT’S COOL!” Then we talked about her new colt (Not Indianapolis.).

broncohead
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
I wanted Barrett in the 4th but I didn't know if he would be there. I thought someone would have been enamered with his rare athletic, height/weight ratio. Great pick! For the Broncos to take a step into the playoffs this or next year Clady HAS to pan out and I hope he does. Royal is a good pick. Instently gives us better field position and a guy who can stretch the field with Marshall running under the safeties. Kory is a great pick. Nalen is getting old. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start next year.

DenBronx
04-29-2008, 02:36 AM
loling at the raiders. the pass on dorsey...best defensive player in the whole draft this year and decide to take a reggie bush clone. the had rhodes, fargas, bush (last years 4th) and jordan. so to me, the raiders had a stupid draft. plain ignorant! fargas was their bright spot and they just invested money in him and lose cap space by cutting rhodes. fargas did have some monster games too...what idiots!

50 bucks says we are in the top 10 in rushing again this year and the raiders are not.

sneakers
04-29-2008, 02:39 AM
The broncos are a quality foodball team.

DenBronx
04-29-2008, 02:40 AM
btw the raiders were 6th in the nfl last year. now i bet they have a slug fest to figure out who is going to actually carry the ball after run dmc doesnt pan out. we were 9th in the nfl and had major o-line issues.

edit: dmac is going to struggle trying to run on the interior. i think mayock said it best about his legs "going dead on contact" and not being able to take a hit. people compare dmac with adrian peterson. not so, petersons legs are much more powerfull and he can actually run up the middle and take those shots. i think mcfadden is coming in expected to take on the full load and when he finally gets introduced to the speed of the nfl he wont look like superman anymore.

DenBronx
04-29-2008, 02:41 AM
uh...i forgot the fruity gay positive comment....

i like ice cream....the bubble gum kind. :elefant:

BeefStew25
04-29-2008, 07:51 AM

Negative comments regarding the Raiders count as postive comments. You did just fine young man. You have a bright future here.

Zweems56
04-29-2008, 09:24 AM

do we allow 3 adjectives per noun? :heh:

MOtorboat
04-29-2008, 09:32 AM

There's got to be some commas to set off the classifiers.

fruity, gay, positive comment

claymore
04-29-2008, 09:39 AM

There's got to be some commas to set off the classifiers.

WTF are you guys talking about? :D

MOtorboat
04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
WTF are you guys talking about? :D

This is not a positive comment.

pnbronco
04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm glad to be part of the best fan base out there. To make it even better I found the very best Bronco Message Board. I don't anything about the draft, but I do believe the statement that you have to have an roads and sewers before you build the park, thanks Beef :D:D

BigDaddyBronco
04-29-2008, 10:26 AM
I love the fact that we are building our Oline with some 300+ lb guys who can play in the ZBS. Plus we added another big back in Torian and added a good sized FB in Hillis that could potentially turn into a great FB. It looks like Shanny is moving in the right direction to solve the red zone issues.

We are also doing things by getting more talent at LB, S, and CB to improve our special teams. Adding a guy like Royal could really help our field position issues.

So the last big problem is stopping the run. If healthy, Robertson and a better scheme could improve our run defense.

So, the three biggest issues IMHO we had last year Shanny is trying to fix: red zone effectiveness, special teams, and run defense.

Nomad
04-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Training Camp - 3 1/2 months away:beer:. Looking forward to a winning season (maybe more) for the Denver BRONCOS.

DenBronx
04-29-2008, 05:32 PM

Always capitalize the first letter of the word in the beggining of a sentance. :salute:

frauschieze
04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Always capitalize the first letter of the word in the beggining of a sentance. :salute:

The beginning step in instructing sentence capitialization is ensuring spell check is operational. ;)

Broncospsycho77
04-29-2008, 06:27 PM
The beginning step in instructing sentence capitialization is ensuring spell check is operational. ;)

:five:

Lonestar
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

This is not a positive comment.

:focus: :D

DenBronx
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM

i did that on purpose for all the forum spell check police. ;)

:focus: :D

so yeah, i think our offense is going to score with ease inside the redzone this year. :beer:

Day1BroncoFan
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks to a few great draft our offense will be in the zone when they're in the red zone and they will score more often. :D

DenBronx
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
did i mention that the denver broncos have the most loyal and greatest fans in the world?

slim
04-30-2008, 12:16 AM
I like this draft. Solid from top to bottom.

Nice thread, BTW. We need more of these. I can't believe the amount of idiot whiner's we have to suffer through.

Oh, did I mention that this was a good draft?

honz
04-30-2008, 12:35 AM
I like this draft. Solid from top to bottom.

Nice thread, BTW. We need more of these. I can't believe the amount of idiot whiner's we have to suffer through.

Oh, did I mention that this was a good draft?
Nice, save there...you almost went negative on us.

The Broncos will make the playoffs this year, book it!:elefant:

Dapper Dan
12-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Go Broncos!

Ware will get more playing time this weekend. I'd hate to be Big Ben, trying to hold on to the ball for 10 seconds like he does. Another Harris or Talib pick 6 would be awesome.

Ravage!!!
12-16-2015, 11:02 AM
hard to look back at that draft now that we've had 7 years.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2015, 12:08 PM
"Ryan Torain reminds me of Terrell Davis". Shanatan was so full of shit.

BroncoWave
12-16-2015, 12:12 PM
hard to look back at that draft now that we've had 7 years.

Good first two picks but man that is a brutal draft after that. Other than Hillis did anyone else in that draft even make it 2-3 years in the NFL?

tripp
12-16-2015, 12:27 PM
I miss Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, and Tatum Bell

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 12:57 PM
He was a good football player. He just couldn't stay healthy for more than a game while he was here. I think he had a pretty good run in DC, for about 6 games, then got hurt again.

Ravage!!!
12-16-2015, 01:26 PM
I miss Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, and Tatum Bell

Tatum Bell?

BroncoJoe
12-16-2015, 01:35 PM
There's a lot of people posting in this thread that aren't around anymore.

I wonder if they died. And went to heaven (positive post...).

NightTrainLayne
12-16-2015, 01:54 PM
There's a lot of people posting in this thread that aren't around anymore.

I wonder if they died. And went to heaven (positive post...).

Claymore is in Heaven right now.

Which for him is a strip club, with a liberal champagne room.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Our offense doesn't suck as bad as 2011! Also, I've seen worst special teams!

Simple Jaded
12-16-2015, 02:03 PM
He was a good football player. He just couldn't stay healthy for more than a game while he was here. I think he had a pretty good run in DC, for about 6 games, then got hurt again.

I forgot he went to Redskins, iirc it was after he was out of league for a year/2.

He's literally nothing like TD, tho, Griese was no Montana, Jarvis Moss was no Charles Haley. Shanny loved to insult out intelligence.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 02:07 PM
I forgot he went to Redskins, iirc it was after he was out of league for a year/2.

He's literally nothing like TD, tho, Griese was no Montana, Jarvis Moss was no Charles Haley. Shanny loved to insult out intelligence.

True

SR
12-16-2015, 02:21 PM

He was awesome at ASU though

tripp
12-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Tatum Bell?

I liked him, 900+ yds rushing in both seasons. 8 TD's in 2005. With that being said you could put any RB in that offense and have them do extremely well

tomjonesrocks
12-16-2015, 04:03 PM

He actually had talent - moreso than Montee Ball, who also got compared to Davis...

We should stop invoking TD - there's only one of those.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 04:08 PM
He actually had talent - moreso than Montee Ball, who also got compared to Davis...

We should stop invoking TD - there's only one of those.

Ball actually reminded me of Moreno more than anybody else.

Cugel
12-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Can you name the one player from the 2007 Broncos draft who is on the current roster?
:confused:

(It's a trick question: Ryan Harris, 3rd rounder. He was cut by the Broncos and signed by the Texans, then cut by the Texans and started at RT for the Chiefs last year). He still sucks though.

Dapper Dan
12-18-2015, 05:26 PM
You guys could **** up a wet dream.