PDA

View Full Version : Report: Tebow below average on Wonderlic test

tomjonesrocks
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Had not heard this before actually. Is this common knowledge?

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

ESPN.com news services
Updated: March 11, 2010, 12:52 PM ET

While former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow wowed evaluators with his on-field performance at the NFL combine last month, he scored a 22 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test, the Palm Beach Post reported, citing an NFL source.

The 12-minute test measures an individual's learning and problem-solving abilities.

According to the Post, the average Wonderlic score for an NFL quarterback is 24. The newspaper also reported that the quarterback prospects in Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest rankings on ESPN.com -- Sam Bradford of Oklahoma (36), Colt McCoy of Texas (25) and Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame (23) -- scored higher than Tebow.

To put those scores in perspective, the Post compared Wonderlic numbers of run-of-the-mill NFL quarterbacks such as Alex Smith (40) and Matt Leinart (35) to those of Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (both 15) and an established star such as Donovan McNabb (14) of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Tebow is a Heisman Trophy winner who won two national championships at Florida. According to the newspaper, he graduated with a 3.66 GPA majoring in family, youth and community services.

Grades and Wonderlic scores likely won't determine how his NFL future will unfold. In an attempt to better adapt to the pro game, Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder. He intends to show off his refined style on his pro day for scouts at the University of Florida on Wednesday.

"There are things that I can get a lot better at -- my fundamentals," Tebow said in February. "I've never been asked to shorten or quicken my release and not have a loop in it. The changes I'm making have gone very well and it's becoming more and more natural to me."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Northman
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Did he not pray hard enough?

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 11:03 PM
yeah... Even though I don't like the pick at all for a QB, I'm not going to hold this against him.

Marino didn't have a high score, either. Its nice to know that your QB has better intelligence than this, but its not what makes it work on the field.

Shazam!
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
It may not be common knowledge, but it is completely irrelevant.

WARHORSE
04-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Well President Clinton scored 1 on the wonderlick.............which he took in the oval office.

That right there tells you how defunct that test is..........:coffee:

(but he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman!)

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Did he not pray hard enough?

North, youve always been one of the better posters on the boards IMO.I dont want to change that in any way..But is that really necessary? I think drafting Tebow was one of the best things this team has seen in years,However all the hate and negativity that he is recieving is totally uncalled for. What makes everyone so much better then him in that they can treat someone this way? The "F*** Tebow" and "F**** Mcdaniels" We are ALL broncos fans, each and every one of us are united in that sense.When the orange and blue come out of that tunnel every sunday,we all have our family traditions and for most of us that single day is oftentimes the highlight of the week. I know in our house it is. My son wakes up every sunday during the season with his little jersey on and his backwards broncos cap and says "DAD, ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BRONCOS"....This Tebow selection killing the mood for the best fans in the NFL....Its a darn shame. I dont know how else to put it. It shouldnt be that way..We live,drink,sleep,and yell broncos. Im proud to be a citizen of this great city and whether we go 0-16 or 16-0 and take home that Trophy......I love the broncos..

dogfish
04-24-2010, 01:30 AM
who cares?

no, really. . .

ever heard steve mcnair speak? no disrespect intended towards the deceased, but the guy was dumber than a box of rocks-- i highly doubt he could've added two and two and come up with four on consecutive tries. . . he was also a complete warrior on the field and a hell of a quarterback-- won an MVP, and came close to winning a championship. . .

tebow has enough legit issues to question him on-- this is just silly fluff. . .

dogfish
04-24-2010, 01:31 AM
North, youve always been one of the better posters on the boards IMO.

your join date is this month, and you think north has "always" been one of the better posters?

hmmm. . . lurker or dupe account?

;)

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 01:33 AM
your join date is this month, and you think north has "always" been one of the better posters?

hmmm. . . lurker or dupe account?

;)

I was Mattwood,but was having issues logging in under that name on my computer so I chose to create a new username. Have already spoken to the mods about it. So,No Neither Of the above two..I didnt post much under Mattwood but I did have about 300 posts and have been a member of BroncosForums for going on three years. Still again,Not much. But I am on this site on a daily basis.

dogfish
04-24-2010, 01:38 AM
I was Mattwood,but was having issues logging in under that name on my computer so I chose to create a new username. Have already spoken to the mods about it. So,No Neither Of the above two..I didnt post much under Mattwood but I did have about 300 posts and have been a member of BroncosForums for going on three years. Still again,Not much. But I am on this site on a daily basis.

gotcha. . . :beer:

but wait. . .

you've been around for three years, and you think north is a good poster?

**** is up with that??

(kidding big guy, you know i love ya!)

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
IMO...lol That's not saying much but hey. There is a couple of them on here. This is usually the 1st place I check for broncos info,as many are quick and very accurate in what they say.

shank
04-24-2010, 03:54 AM
i've been around (slut) and north isn't good. fact.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 04:29 AM
this is common knowledge, and lmao at the notion of seeking intelligent pro football players...they don't exist.

dogfish
04-24-2010, 05:21 AM
this is common knowledge, and lmao at the notion of seeking intelligent pro football players...they don't exist.

yea, it's not like myron rolle is a freaking rhodes scholar or anything. . . .

sterotypes FTW!

edit: if you said the league wasn't filled with geniuses, almost anyone would agree with you. . .

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 05:23 AM
yea, it's not like myron rolle is a freaking rhodes scholar or anything. . . .

sterotypes FTW!

I know four rhodes scholars, only one of them I would call intelligent, the rest are just very, very smart. Many NFL players are smart, but intelligent? I don't think so.

LordTrychon
04-24-2010, 06:57 AM
I know four rhodes scholars, only one of them I would call intelligent, the rest are just very, very smart. Many NFL players are smart, but intelligent? I don't think so.

Intelligent=/genius.

What is your definition of intelligent?

Since 'very very smart' doesn't cut it apparently?

ursamajor
04-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Well President Clinton scored 1 on the wonderlick.............which he took in the oval office.

That right there tells you how defunct that test is..........:coffee:

(but he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman!)

Maybe when he heard "wonderlick" he thought it was something else.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Intelligent=/genius.

What is your definition of intelligent?

Since 'very very smart' doesn't cut it apparently?

Being intelligent and being smart are in no way related, only the most prominent thinkers in history were both smart and intelligent. Intelligent people can understand and overstand ideas as well as create them. Smart people have acquired a lot of knowledge, smart and intelligent are not the same thing.

Many people confuse this mostly because the military gathers information and call it intel, when really the intellectuals are the ones interpreting the information, the information itself is not actually intelligence.

BigDaddyBronco
04-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Brett Farve had a 22, Dan Marino had a 16...they were pretty good QB's.

True, most QB's score higher than a 22, but I don't think it means he will be a bust.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

claymore
04-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Brett Farve had a 22, Dan Marino had a 16...they were pretty good QB's.

True, most QB's score higher than a 22, but I don't think it means he will be a bust.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

I also read somewhere that Tebow was home schooled and does terrible on proctored tests. he had like an 880 on his SAT's but has done well in all his studies.

I dont care as long as he can absorb the playbook like Rainman.

BigDaddyBronco
04-24-2010, 07:47 AM
It's not like he is Vince Young or Mike Vick...

or cough cough DJ Williams cough cough

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 07:55 AM
I also read somewhere that Tebow was home schooled and does terrible on proctored tests. he had like an 880 on his SAT's but has done well in all his studies.

Yeah he was homeschooled for religious reasons, and even lead a coalition to let other homeschooled kids in different schools be aloud into district team sports.

Personally I would want my kids to look at all perspectives and not just mine, as I'm confident they'll find god without me shoving it in their face, but that's a whole nother thing. :D

BigDaddyBronco
04-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah he was homeschooled for religious reasons, and even lead a coalition to let other homeschooled kids in different schools be aloud into district team sports.

Personally I would want my kids to look at all perspectives and not just mine, as I'm confident they'll find god without me shoving it in their face, but that's a whole nother thing. :D

Since his parents were missionaries, they probably didn't want his schedule to be tied down with public school. Just a guess.

claymore
04-24-2010, 08:10 AM

You would want your kids to believe in anything you do. Whether it is looking into all avenues of education like you stated, being agnostic or Christian etc... Its what parents do. Its instinct.

NightTrainLayne
04-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Since his parents were missionaries, they probably didn't want his schedule to be tied down with public school. Just a guess.

Bingo. I'm not a big fan of home schooling, but Tebow's spent a lot of time travelling to different parts of the world and experience different cultures first-hand. That's a great education if you ask me.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Bingo. I'm not a big fan of home schooling, but Tebow's spent a lot of time travelling to different parts of the world and experience different cultures first-hand. That's a great education if you ask me.

Yeah traveling the world is about 100x more educational than looking at a schoolbook written in the 60s.

LordTrychon
04-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Being intelligent and being smart are in no way related, only the most prominent thinkers in history were both smart and intelligent. Intelligent people can understand and overstand ideas as well as create them. Smart people have acquired a lot of knowledge, smart and intelligent are not the same thing.

Many people confuse this mostly because the military gathers information and call it intel, when really the intellectuals are the ones interpreting the information, the information itself is not actually intelligence.

lol.

Intelligent : Having the faculty of reasoning and understanding;

You describe Rhodes scholars as not being intelligent... I think you're putting it on a different level... you're thinking of intelligent as meaning extremely high intelligence.

Everyone has some level of intelligence... the word itself does not imply genius or above levels. I.e. I can ask... 'how intelligent is so and so?' I.Q. tests are to measure levels of intelligence.

Rhodes scholars are (in my estimation) usually rather intelligent.

Lancane
04-24-2010, 09:28 AM
The wonderlic test is bullshit, ask any pro scout or coach...it's truly worthless.

Dan Marino, Steve McNair, Terry Bradshaw and even Donovan McNabb had wonderlic scores in the teens.

Brett Favre had the same score as Tebow? One of the best in league history...

Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler both only had a 26 which is not that much better, and hell if we go by the wonderlic numbers then Brady Quinn should be the starter because he scored a 29.

Brian Griese, we all remember him...yeah, he had a 39, Alex Smith of San Francisco had a 40!

:coffee:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:29 AM
lol.

Intelligent : Having the faculty of reasoning and understanding;

You describe Rhodes scholars as not being intelligent... I think you're putting it on a different level... you're thinking of intelligent as meaning extremely high intelligence.

Everyone has some level of intelligence... the word itself does not imply genius or above levels. I.e. I can ask... 'how intelligent is so and so?' I.Q. tests are to measure levels of intelligence.

Rhodes scholars are (in my estimation) usually rather intelligent.

It's like you don't speak english or something, I never once regarded intelligence as a higher level of "smart", that's exactly what i'm trying to convey in plain english. Smarts are knowledge, intelligence is ideas. Not higher or lower levels of the same thing, but two totally different things - apples and oranges.

LordTrychon
04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
The wonderlic test is bullshit, ask any pro scout or coach...it's truly worthless.

Dan Marino, Steve McNair, Terry Bradshaw and even Donovan McNabb had wonderlic scores in the teens.

Brett Favre had the same score as Tebow? One of the best in league history...

Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler both only had a 26 which is not that much better, and hell if we go by the wonderlic numbers then Brady Quinn should be the starter because he scored a 29.

Brian Griese, we all remember him...yeah, he had a 39, Alex Smith of San Francisco had a 40!

Sounds like someone had a bad Wonderlic this year....

Little bitter, Lancane?

;)

j/k

kinggelato
04-24-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm a fan of Tim Tebow and his Wonderlic score and low SAT scores are very well reported.

With that said, I'm not a fan of his parents methods. I live in Florida and know that the homeschooling situation down here is very losely monitored and I think that is a huge reason he did so poorly on his SAT. In fact in Florida you can apply to do a a thing called unschooling where you actually let kids teach themselves. His parents missionary work had litttle to with the reason he was homeschooled rather they pretty much want him to get their views on the world and nothing else. He wasn't travelling the world and would occasionally go to the Phillipines during the summer for a few weeks. His fathers occupation and where he makes his living is from is running his own charitibable foundation.

Its my opinion that if it wasn't for sports, he could have turned out to be one socially messed up kid.

Lancane
04-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Sounds like someone had a bad Wonderlic this year....

Little bitter, Lancane?

;)

j/k

:lol:

honz
04-24-2010, 09:37 AM
The wonderlic is stupid. It's a bunch of trick questions and strangely worded questions that you have to try and answer really fast. Didn't Clady score like a 12 or something?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
The wonderlic is stupid. It's a bunch of trick questions and strangely worded questions that you have to try and answer really fast. Didn't Clady score like a 12 or something?

I don't think most guys even care about it, they just got done lifting weights and sprinting, the last thing they're worried about are number sequences.

Lancane
04-24-2010, 09:39 AM

Don't bother...most people can not even grasp the stupidity of the test, especially when you account for those with real low scores that have been great football players. Tebow had the same score as Brett Favre, I guess he sucks!

Nomad
04-24-2010, 09:41 AM
What's the point in giving the test then??

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Don't bother...most people can not even grasp the stupidity of the test, especially when you account for those with real low scores that have been great football players. Tebow had the same score as Brett Favre, I guess he sucks!

I don't think anybody on this board has insinuated they take the wonderlic seriously, so I don't know who you're talking about here.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
What's the point in giving the test then??

To make sure they have good handwriting. :elefant:

Lancane
04-24-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm a fan of Tim Tebow and his Wonderlic score and low SAT scores are very well reported.

With that said, I'm not a fan of his parents methods. I live in Florida and know that the homeschooling situation down here is very losely monitored and I think that is a huge reason he did so poorly on his SAT. In fact in Florida you can apply to do a a thing called unschooling where you actually let kids teach themselves. His parents missionary work had litttle to with the reason he was homeschooled rather they pretty much want him to get their views on the world and nothing else. He wasn't travelling the world and would occasionally go to the Phillipines during the summer for a few weeks. His fathers occupation and where he makes his living is from is running his own charitibable foundation.

Its my opinion that if it wasn't for sports, he could have turned out to be one socially messed up kid.

Yesterday you posted that you were a Gator Fan and claimed Tebow sucked and would be nothing special, now your his fan and claiming he's a dumbshit?

:confused:

Comeback tomorrow so you can tell us that your his gay lover, or better yet some cheerleader he dug out in a public restroom and how he's no better then Roethlesberger!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Speaking of Tebow's gay lover..... ^^^^^^

Nomad
04-24-2010, 09:45 AM

:lol:I mean if the test has no significance, why do people get wound up by the score!! I'm sure these players could give a crap what they score!!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:47 AM
:lol:I mean if the test has no significance, why do people get wound up by the score!! I'm sure these players could give a crap what they score!!

I don't care what they score, they don't care what they score, and If I had to guess I'd say GM's don't take it serious either. Just tradition I suppose. Plus, making college graduates do another test is their way of letting rookies know right from the jump it's he NO FUN LEAGUE. :laugh:

Lancane
04-24-2010, 09:51 AM

The wonderlic test was created by psychologists to test quick thinking for problem solving. So it forces one to figure out a strenuous problem in an unreasonable timeline. It's basically a problem comprehension test.

Here is the average scores based on particular industries in America.

Chemist – 32
Programmer – 29
Journalist – 26
Sales – 24
Bank teller – 22
Clerical worker – 21
Security guard – 17
Warehouse – 15

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
The wonderlic test was created by psychologists to test quick thinking for problem solving. So it forces one to figure out a strenuous problem in an unreasonable timeline. It's basically a problem comprehension test.

Here is the average scores based on particular industries in America.

Chemist – 32
Programmer – 29
Journalist – 26
Sales – 24
Bank teller – 22
Clerical worker – 21
Security guard – 17
Warehouse – 15

It. Was. A. Joke.

Just stop posting, you're only making one person look incredibly dumb with each post.

LordTrychon
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
It's like you don't speak english or something, I never once regarded intelligence as a higher level of "smart", that's exactly what i'm trying to convey in plain english. Smarts are knowledge, intelligence is ideas. Not higher or lower levels of the same thing, but two totally different things - apples and oranges.

:laugh:

I don't speak english or something?

You're upset that I compared intelligence and 'smarts'? How exactly did I use the word 'smarts' in my post?

I didn't.

Therefore, I couldn't have implied that these 'smarts' are high or low levels of intelligence. I did mention the difference between intelligence and extremely intelligent...

You seemed to make the jump back to 'smarts' on your own... so who is having a hard time with the language?

Intelligent is defined as an adjective of one with the ability to reason. I would attribute that to anyone with a degree for the most part... let alone someone

Lancane
04-24-2010, 09:54 AM

Yeah, I'm his lover :rolleyes: can't you tell with my board name, even though it's not TimTebowArmySoldier#69...so keep running your mouth.

;)

kinggelato
04-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Yesterday you posted that you were a Gator Fan and claimed Tebow sucked and would be nothing special, now your his fan and claiming he's a dumbshit?

:confused:

Comeback tomorrow so you can tell us that your his gay lover, or better yet some cheerleader he dug out in a public restroom and how he's no better then Roethlesberger!

Its funny how if you don't say Tebow is going to be the greatest QB since sliced bread you said he sucks and you must not be a gator fan. What I said is that he is a project. He doesn't have any zip on his out passes and isnt the greatest deep ball thrower. I also said he wasn't the brightest bulb but has amazing work ethic. I called him a poor man's Daunte Culpepper but with a ton more work ethic.

I'm a gator fan who realizes football is a team sport and he had an amazing team around him. 7 drafted in the first 3 rounds just yesterday and not to mention the ones drafted last year. I find the acheivements of my team a much a greater acheivement than one individual.

The problem seems to be reading comprehension more than anything, and no I'm not talking about Tebow's reading comprehension.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I'm his lover :rolleyes: can't you tell with my board name, even though it's not TimTebowArmySoldier#69...so keep running your mouth.

;)

I can tell by your 50 posts in a row arguing with people who agree with you in the first place, that's how defensive you are about tebow. I don't sit here all night defending Kyle Orton. He's fat, he has a weak arm, he's scared to throw deep. I don't care neeeeaaar as much about orton as you do about tebow, and if tebow was the starter my board name would be tebowarmy#128.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 10:00 AM
The problem seems to be reading comprehension more than anything, and no I'm not talking about Tebow's reading comprehension.

Quoted for truth.

CrazyHorse
04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
20 is considered average, just like an IQ of 100. So we apparently have a quarterback of slightly above average intelligence.
I really don't care as long as the coaches are smart. It's the players job to execute.
We could always get Ryan Fitzpatrick. He got a 48....

Elevation inc
04-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Had not heard this before actually. Is this common knowledge?

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

ESPN.com news services
Updated: March 11, 2010, 12:52 PM ET

While former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow wowed evaluators with his on-field performance at the NFL combine last month, he scored a 22 out of 50 on the Wonderlic test, the Palm Beach Post reported, citing an NFL source.

The 12-minute test measures an individual's learning and problem-solving abilities.

According to the Post, the average Wonderlic score for an NFL quarterback is 24. The newspaper also reported that the quarterback prospects in Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest rankings on ESPN.com -- Sam Bradford of Oklahoma (36), Colt McCoy of Texas (25) and Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame (23) -- scored higher than Tebow.

To put those scores in perspective, the Post compared Wonderlic numbers of run-of-the-mill NFL quarterbacks such as Alex Smith (40) and Matt Leinart (35) to those of Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (both 15) and an established star such as Donovan McNabb (14) of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Tebow is a Heisman Trophy winner who won two national championships at Florida. According to the newspaper, he graduated with a 3.66 GPA majoring in family, youth and community services.

Grades and Wonderlic scores likely won't determine how his NFL future will unfold. In an attempt to better adapt to the pro game, Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder. He intends to show off his refined style on his pro day for scouts at the University of Florida on Wednesday.

"There are things that I can get a lot better at -- my fundamentals," Tebow said in February. "I've never been asked to shorten or quicken my release and not have a loop in it. The changes I'm making have gone very well and it's becoming more and more natural to me."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

higher wonderlic may mean players spend to much time thinking about what to do:lol:..... while guys like tebow, marino, clady, mcnabb just play and win....

GEM
04-24-2010, 10:48 AM

A report on 104.3 The Fan said that he sat down with Mcdaniels and the coaching staff and within an hour of getting the playbook he was turning his Florida terminology to the Broncos terminology, connecting the 2. They were highly impressed.

topscribe
04-24-2010, 10:54 AM
North, youve always been one of the better posters on the boards IMO.I dont want to change that in any way..But is that really necessary? I think drafting Tebow was one of the best things this team has seen in years,However all the hate and negativity that he is recieving is totally uncalled for. What makes everyone so much better then him in that they can treat someone this way? The "F*** Tebow" and "F**** Mcdaniels" We are ALL broncos fans, each and every one of us are united in that sense.When the orange and blue come out of that tunnel every sunday,we all have our family traditions and for most of us that single day is oftentimes the highlight of the week. I know in our house it is. My son wakes up every sunday during the season with his little jersey on and his backwards broncos cap and says "DAD, ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BRONCOS"....This Tebow selection killing the mood for the best fans in the NFL....Its a darn shame. I dont know how else to put it. It shouldnt be that way..We live,drink,sleep,and yell broncos. Im proud to be a citizen of this great city and whether we go 0-16 or 16-0 and take home that Trophy......I love the broncos..

It is unfair and really, really silly of you to associate North with those who say
such things about Tebow or another player. North was saying that with tongue-
in-cheek, which you should have been able to see. If you don't like his humor,
then move on. Most of the rest of us do.

-----

LordTrychon
04-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Quoted for truth.

Ironic.

:laugh:

I don't speak english or something?

You're upset that I compared intelligence and 'smarts'? How exactly did I use the word 'smarts' in my post?

I didn't.

Therefore, I couldn't have implied that these 'smarts' are high or low levels of intelligence. I did mention the difference between intelligence and extremely intelligent...

You seemed to make the jump back to 'smarts' on your own... so who is having a hard time with the language?

Intelligent is defined as an adjective of one with the ability to reason. I would attribute that to anyone with a degree for the most part... let alone someone

topscribe
04-24-2010, 10:59 AM
I can tell by your 50 posts in a row arguing with people who agree with you in the first place, that's how defensive you are about tebow. I don't sit here all night defending Kyle Orton. He's fat, he has a weak arm, he's scared to throw deep. I don't care neeeeaaar as much about orton as you do about tebow, and if tebow was the starter my board name would be tebowarmy#128.

Those of us who like Orton have been under attack since day one, and I don't see
that changing soon. Best get used to it.

It's funny though . . . I don't see anybody attacking me because I like Spencer
Larsen. Just Orton. Oh, that's right . . . they came down hard on me because I
said I like Gaffney . . . :coffee:

However, this was really uncalled for. ^

-----

Superchop 7
04-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Pat McInally, a graduate of Harvard University, is the only football player to record a confirmed perfect score of 50.[4] Ryan Fitzpatrick, also a Harvard graduate and currently a quarterback with the NFL Buffalo Bills, had also been rumored to have scored a perfect 50 points in only nine minutes.[5] However, Fitzpatrick denied this, saying that he had left at least one of the 50 answer spaces blank.[6] The Wall Street Journal later reported that Fitzpatrick's actual score was 48 but that Fitzpatrick's claim of completing the Wonderlic in only nine minutes was accurate (This report appeared in the September 30, 2005 edition of the WSJ in the Weekend Section). As of 2005, Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis, a graduate of Utah State University, was reported to be tied with Fitzpatrick and Benjamin Watson of the Cleveland Browns as having scored a 48, the highest Wonderlic score of any active NFL player.[7] During the 2009 Combine NFL Network's Rich Eisen mentioned that Boston College graduate Mike Mamula, a 1995 draftee, scored a 49; USA Today has also reported on this claim.[8]

On the other hand, some high profile players have scored rather low on the test. Dan Marino and Vince Young both scored 16 on the test, though Vince Young scored a 6 on his first attempt.[9] Marcus Vick, brother of Michael Vick, scored 11. Michael himself scored a 20.

A study[10] by McDonald Mirabile has shown that there is no significant correlation between Wonderlic scores and a quarterback's passer rating, and no significant correlation between Wonderlic scores and a quarterback's salary. This may call into question the reason for using Wonderlic scores in the NFL at all.

kinggelato
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
The wonderlic is used as part of the equation in picking players not the full equation. Is it the good that he scored low, no. Does it mean he won't be a good QB, no. If all other things being equal would you take the QB with the higher wonderlic, yes.

Nothing says I didn't do or couldn't do well on the Wonderlic like calling it stupid good for nothing.