PDA

View Full Version : The Moves We Made....Give Credit Where Credit is DUE

WARHORSE
04-23-2010, 02:40 PM
At the end of the day, Josh and X manipulated the boards to our great advantage.

We moved to accumulate two extra thirds and an extra fourth.

We came into the day with a first, two seconds a third and a fourth.

We moved to get to a first, two seconds, three thirds and two fourths.

The we went back into the round, got TWO first rounders instead of two seconds, and have an extra THIRD rounder to boot.

We have three picks today in a deep player pool, and we can easily address interior line and Dline depth, or Lbers.

I think we take Asamoah, Beadles or Saffold to get it done at the interior oline....possibly two of these guys.

Not to mention Kindle at rush LBer. Teams will be trying to get Clausen and McCoy......

Golden Tate, Asamoah, Saffold, Ducasse, Mt. Cody, Arrelious Benn, Kindle........theres lots of great players left and we are going to gain.

Dont forget we have an extra second next year to give us more flex if we want it.

Nice job Josh and X.:salute::salute:

claymore
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
and we only gave up a 2nd For Tebow when its all said and done.

WARHORSE
04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I think we trade back our second rounder and accumulate another third or fourth.

Dallas would be a good place, them moving up to get an OT.

jlarsiii
04-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd rather assign blame at a later date after we see whether these choices blow up in McD's face. . .

Northman
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I dont understand the point of this thread. Dont we have like 20 of them already?

mateus
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
At the end of the day, Josh and X manipulated the boards to our great advantage.

We moved to accumulate two extra thirds and an extra fourth.

We came into the day with a first, two seconds a third and a fourth.

We moved to get to a first, two seconds, three thirds and two fourths.

The we went back into the round, got TWO first rounders instead of two seconds, and have an extra THIRD rounder to boot.

We have three picks today in a deep player pool, and we can easily address interior line and Dline depth, or Lbers.

I think we take Asamoah, Beadles or Saffold to get it done at the interior oline....possibly two of these guys.

Not to mention Kindle at rush LBer. Teams will be trying to get Clausen and McCoy......

Golden Tate, Asamoah, Saffold, Ducasse, Mt. Cody, Arrelious Benn, Kindle........theres lots of great players left and we are going to gain.

Dont forget we have an extra second next year to give us more flex if we want it.

Nice job Josh and X.:salute::salute:
one of the soundest posts ive read since joining yesterday.
overall, we can only determine how well the Broncos did YEARS down the line.

slim
04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
and we only gave up a 2nd For Tebow when its all said and done.

Clay, do you like the Tebow pick?

I assume you have seen him play quite a bit.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Tebow is superman.

Ya still got the pic?

claymore
04-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Clay, do you like the Tebow pick?

I assume you have seen him play quite a bit.
I love the Tebow pick. I havent watched him at all this year, but I see his highlights over and over etc... Every where I go.

Tebow is superman.

Ya still got the pic?

Remember when that was your Sig? :laugh:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I love the Tebow pick. I havent watched him at all this year, but I see his highlights over and over etc... Every where I go.

Remember when that was your Sig? :laugh:

yes...ass

JONtheBRONCO
04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
This is probably the only post for me today considering the split between the two crowds. It's actually pretty funny. I was a little surprised at both picks, but have found a way to be happy about them. And after I did some research on each player Denver selected, I'm sitting here pretty excited about what they both will bring to the table. McDaniels manipulated the draft perfectly. He came in day 1 of the draft with #11, two 2nd's, 1 third, and a 4th (I'll limit it to round 4). Today, he starts with Tim Tebow, D. Thomas, 1 second and 2 thirds. Regardless if you like the picks, hate the picks, or hate McDaniels, the way he moved around, and still was able to nab two players, and have 3 picks today --- thats awesome. That is ******* awesome.

For all the Tebow haters, bashers, etc.. I get it.. I get the fact Tim Tebow has some major question marks about him and his ability to play at a pro football level. A lot of critics, scouts, coaches, etc. have been on each side of the fence about him. Same thing with all the spectators (that is you and me. You know, the ones who don't watch every throw the guy has ever made, or understand anything about how anything actually works inside the business). But at the same time, who is actually going to sit there and doubt him. Go ahead. He has a long way to go in multiple areas.

But with that said, if a man's goal in life is to climb a mountain, and he has the determination and work ethic to someday climb that mountain, and he works as hard as he can everyday, give him the right training and equipment -- he's going to climb that mountain. That is the best way to describe Tebow's character and work ethic. He is a true leader, a smart person and a football warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qodBTlMtA

I'm not going to doubt Tim Tebow one bit. He is in the right place, with the right coach, and he has time to learn. This is a good thing. In so many ways. I won't provide you with research on his college career, high school career, stats or ratings. Do that for yourself, in fact you should, to see what he has accomplished, and who he is as a person. You might be surprised. If you look deeper, and look at the way's McDaniels can use Tebow, you'll see he might contribute sooner than you think. The fact Denver couldn't convert 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, any short yard situation and inside the redzone, the idea of Tim Tebow as a Bronco makes the deal even sweeter. Thats his bread and butter.

Demaryius Thomas an Dez Bryant are two different players. Both boom or bust in my eyes. Both players have questions about whether they will live up to expectations. But after watching Thomas play and read up on his character, along with looking at his size and speed, it's hard not to be excited about him. I've read many opinions on this guy, scouts, coaches, GM's, etc. The common pattern here whether they liked him or not, was that he was a very big and fast physical wide out. Some critized McDaniels for not taking Bryant, but they all agreed Denver got great value for Thomas. There majority of opinions raved about his superstar potential and think he was a great pick.

It's the NFL. Teams wheel and deal, they give up a lot sometimes, but on the other hand, some people just need to sit back and relax, let the GM's make the decisions, while you sit on your couch and wait for it to play out, before sticking a dagger in your heart. Don't be such a drama queen. If you hate the picks, fine, but regardless, we have three picks today, probably more after its all over. Thats exciting. This draft is so deep and after looking at the remaining players left, there are around 20 or so players who could make a major push for the first round, in any other year. It's awesome. Hope some of you find a way to be happy about the Broncos and the players they pick. Sometimes it just takes a little education on the subject. Go Broncos.