PDA

View Full Version : No one can hate on tebow after hearing this....

underrated29
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
From ed werder-

Tebow wanted to stay in town after the press conference today. Josh MF Mcd. said NFL rules prohibit this. So tebow is going to rent a hotel room and stay on his own dime so the coaches can come down and go over the playbook and get tebow a head start on learning it...

That my friends is badass no matter how you look at it!

Peerless
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Dedicated. I like it.

Northman
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I wonder why its prohibited?

Love dedication, but i knew he had that. Its whether or not he can actually play at this level im worried about.

BigDaddyBronco
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
He has a passion for the game like Peyton Manning.

He has "it". If he doesn't succeed it will be his brain, not his heart or his physical ability.

DenBronx
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
From ed werder-

Tebow wanted to stay in town after the press conference today. Josh MF Mcd. said NFL rules prohibit this. So tebow is going to rent a hotel room and stay on his own dime so the coaches can come down and go over the playbook and get tebow a head start on learning it...

I thought Tebow went back to Florida to be with his family? Reports were all his family couldnt travel in so he went back to be with them. If that's the case is his family charging him room and board for the extra nights stay?

G_Money
04-23-2010, 02:29 PM
From ed werder-

The coaches are running a draft. Come back on Monday, Tim. McDaniels has enough trouble scribbling on the white board in all the excitement without you making him work extra hours.

~G

Nomad
04-23-2010, 02:30 PM
I love it and hopefully this should light a fire under the rest of the BRONCO players to be the standard!!

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
That's great to hear, but it's not going to stop the haters from hating.

getlynched47
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM

NFL = No Fun League

Duh :doh:

:lol:

I have never hated Tim Tebow. I just didn't like the idea of drafting him in the 1st round. According to Todd McShay, he has three HUGE flaws.

1- Elongated delivery that exposes the ball and takes too much time

2- Footwork is poor and greatly affects his accuracy

3- Reading progressions. Todd says that Tebow has close to ZERO experience reading defenses and progressions

Oh well. I hope he becomes a great quarterback for us. The guy is just a great person. I hope he turns into a great player.

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I thought Tebow went back to Florida to be with his family? Reports were all his family couldnt travel in so he went back to be with them. If that's the case is his family charging him room and board for the extra nights stay?

He's heading to Denver now for his press conference. He asked the team if he could stay the whole week up through the Camp next week. McD said he couldn't because NFL rules prohibit it. Tebow said if that's the case, he's booking his own hotel and paying for it himself to stay in Denver the whole week. He wants the playbook brought to him and get a head start on the playbook. So he was in Florida for the draft, but not for the week.

Broncolingus
04-23-2010, 02:32 PM
No one can hate on tebow after hearing this....

Oh, around here there's NO shortage of shit to hate folks on...:tsk:

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
The coaches are running a draft. Come back on Monday, Tim. McDaniels has enough trouble scribbling on the white board in all the excitement without you making him work extra hours.

~G

I think he's looking more towards working AFTER the draft. There's no reason that starting Monday the coaches can't go over the playbook with him. Knowing Tim, that's probably not early enough. He'll want his playbook today and he should get it.

weazel
04-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I hate Tebow

...maybe Josh's kid needed a circumcision

underrated29
04-23-2010, 02:38 PM
3- Reading progressions. Todd says that Tebow has close to ZERO experience reading defenses and progressions

This is the one that Utterly scares me the most... The rest I am not even worried about if he doesnt change, because he makes it work. However, this one still gives me The Freak Out.

OrangeHoof
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I suspect the rule is a collective bargaining thing. There are limits to official off-season meetings and workouts because otherwise some workaholic burnout candidate would require all his players to be sequestered 24/7/365 so they have no life other than football (it might have helped PacMan, Plaxico, Vick, etc.).

So, I think the reason Tebow can't just live and breathe the Bronco life yet is due to collective bargaining. Also, he's unsigned so there are liability issues should he injure himself.

rocks
NFL = No Fun League

I have never hated Tim Tebow. I just didn't like the idea of drafting him in the 1st round. According to Todd McShay, he has three HUGE flaws.

Oh well. I hope he becomes a great quarterback for us. The guy is just a great person. I hope he turns into a great player.

You say that like McShay knows what he's talking about. McShay is a joke among NFL scouts.

Watch this... Tell me what you think: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5080617

SOCALORADO.
NFL = No Fun League

Todd McShay. Someone you dont EVER want to listen to. EVER.

OrangeHoof
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
This is the one that Utterly scares me the most... The rest I am not even worried about if he doesnt change, because he makes it work. However, this one still gives me The Freak Out.

Vince Young figured it out. David Carr didn't.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
What a guy. If we could somehow implement his heart/desire into Orton or Quinn, we would be set at the QB position.

rocks
04-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Nor did Bradford. That's why he looked to the sideline for the call.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
NFL = No Fun League

And yet for all of those flaws he still threw for 88 TDs and only 18 Ints playing SEC defenses (where most of the top defensive players in the nation come from every year) week in and week out.

Man, if he can pass like that without knowing how to play QB, i can't wait to see what he does with real coaches teaching him... ;)

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
NFL = No Fun League

1 - Byron Leftwich

2- Byron Leftwich

3 - Akili Smith

If you could compare Tebow to an NFL QB, it would be a hybrid of Byron Leftwich's throwing motion and footwork, and Akili Smith's athleticism.

rocks
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
1 - Byron Leftwich

2- Byron Leftwich

3 - Akili Smith

If you could compare Tebow to an NFL QB, it would be a hybrid of Byron Leftwich's throwing motion and footwork, and Akili Smith's athleticism.

Tebow has already changed his motion. Leftwich left his alone.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Tebow has already changed his motion. Leftwich left his alone.

Correction. Tebow changed his motion without pads, and under a controlled enviroment. How did his changed motion work when he got under pressure of the senior bowl game? Not very good. When things break down, we'll see if he really changed his throwing motion.

Let's not forget that they tried to work with Leftiwch's as well, who got to a point and said F this I'm not changing. And David Carr? He reverted right back to his old throwing motion when he started focusing on trying to read NFL defenses, look for WR's, and avoid pressure. Something Tebow has yet to show he's had to do in college.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 02:54 PM
NFL = No Fun League

I think it's more disturbing that you listen to an idiot like McShay, Mel Kiper's butt rumping lover bot...lol.

:eek:

underrated29
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Correction. Tebow changed his motion without pads, and under a controlled enviroment. How did his changed motion work when he got under pressure of the senior bowl game? Not very good. When things break down, we'll see if he really changed his throwing motion.

But it all comes back to the fact that with his poor mechanics and throwing motion, whether he reverts back to old shytty mechanics or keeps them as is he Still makes it work. He always had made it work. So what, if he reverts to old, we know he can still win because he always did.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Love dedication, but i knew he had that. Its whether or not he can actually play at this level im worried about.

This is how I feel. THere are a TON of good character guys in the NFL.... and coming out from the draft. There are a TON of hard workers and dedicated players. I mean, seriously, how many times do we have to hear "first one in, last one to leave?" (I guess we should get used to it). I don't doubt Tebow's work ethic or character or whatevers.... I think they are exaggerated. I don't think that there are very many players that 'listen' to a guy if he's not on the field, and there lies the problem.

Watching his highlight 'youtube' video, reminded me why I was so bothered by the pick...... its filled with him RUNNING the ball. Sure he had a few nice throws.... but we can't be a team that relies on a QB running the ball to be successful in the NFL.

Yes.. Tebow will work hard, he's a strong kid with a good head. Just don't think he has the mechanics of a passing QB.... and this is absolutely a passing league.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
But it all comes back to the fact that with his poor mechanics and throwing motion, whether he reverts back to old shytty mechanics or keeps them as is he Still makes it work. He always had made it work. So what, if he reverts to old, we know he can still win because he always did.

He won because he was a great player, on a great team, that ran a very NFL unfriendly offense.

It's my opinion he won't amount to much in the NFL. I'm not saying that's fact. I can honestly say, everything in terms of what NFL coaches look for in an NFL style QB, Tebow did not display at Florida.

The first thing Tebow worked with coaches, is how to change his throwing style. He doesn't even throw the ball right.

Forget the throwing style for a second. This is what he's going to have to do to be a good NFL QB.

He's going to have to recognize the coverage the defense is in.

He's going to have to be able to see the blitz.

He's going to have to see what the defense does after the ball is snapped and make a decision.

He's going to have to have to have the accuracy to make tight throws through windows, and in timing patterns.

He didn't do one of those things at Florida in his entire career.

Not 1.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM

he did running the ball.... he wont run through the tackles of the NFL like he did in florida.

rocks
04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
He won because he was a great player, on a great team, that ran a very NFL unfriendly offense.

It's my opinion he won't amount to much in the NFL. I'm not saying that's fact. I can honestly say, everything in terms of what NFL coaches look for in an NFL style QB, Tebow did not display at Florida.

The first thing Tebow worked with coaches, is how to change his throwing style. He doesn't even throw the ball right.

Forget the throwing style for a second. This is what he's going to have to do to be a good NFL QB.

He's going to have to see what the defense does after the ball is snapped and make a decision.

He's going to have to have to have the accuracy to make tight throws through windows, and in timing patterns.

Not 1.

Hmmm... Sounds similar to Bradford. He's going to have to do all those things too because he sure didn't do it at Oklahoma.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Not 1.

And he never took snaps from under center. So not only is he going to have to learn all that you mentioned, but he's going to have to learn them from under center as well. All the footwork from under center is much different than taking snap from shot-gun. The looks defenses give and how they appear from center and shotgun are different.

Just more for him to learn... imo. Can he do it? I don't know. Maybe. But is he going to be good at reading defenses... and most importantly.. good at throwing against NFL defenses

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Hmmm... Sounds similar to Bradford. He's going to have to do all those things too because he sure didn't do it at Oklahoma.

LULZ

Bradford's accuracy is uncanny. He's made virtually every throw in the book at some point in his NFL career. He also displayed the ability to go through his reads, and his progressions.

rocks
04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
he did running the ball.... he wont run through the tackles of the NFL like he did in florida.

The same thing was said about Vince Young: "He won't fake out those LB's and CB's in the NFL". Oops.

It's funny when I read those things. RB's run over guys all the time. Why can't Tebow? He's bigger than 95% of the RB's in the NFL.

rocks
04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
LULZ

Bradford's accuracy is uncanny. He's made virtually every throw in the book at some point in his NFL career. He also displayed the ability to go through his reads, and his progressions.

Is it? Because Tebow has a better accuracy and completion ratio (including over 20 yard passes).

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
And he never took snaps from under center. So not only is he going to have to learn all that you mentioned, but he's going to have to learn them from under center as well. All the footwork from under center is much different than taking snap from shot-gun. The looks defenses give and how they appear from center and shotgun are different.

Just more for him to learn... imo. Can he do it? I don't know. Maybe. But is he going to be good at reading defenses... and most importantly.. good at throwing against NFL defenses

Great point.

Going back to the throwing motion argument, I would expect the game will move ultra fast for him right away (like it does for all QB's), especially since he has to learn to take snaps under center.

Will his muscle memory allow him to throw the ball the correct way, when his brain is racing 100 mph's trying to go through all the scenarios he's going to have to go through, as well as avoiding pressure?

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Is it? Because Tebow has a better accuracy and completion ratio (including over 20 yard passes).

You're not seriously looking at stats are you? Because that would place TT QB's, and Hawaii QB's, who also run a spread offense, at an all time high.

FLorida runs a spread option run, with a ratio of 70-30 or so run to pass. Something like that. Every pass play Tebow has made in his career, has probably been 1 on 1 coverage, with great to elite WR's trying to beat average CB's 1 on 1, with the exceptions of great CB's in the SEC, who Urban Meyer probably never even called a pass play towards.

GEM
04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Why is it illegal? Because #1 draft picks like Russell don't want a guy like Tebow getting unfair advantages. He should be able to hold out without the worry that some other qb is getting an early look at playbooks. :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 03:17 PM

Not 1.

Neither did Vince Young. Neither, Frankly, did Sam Bradford. Bradford, like McCoy and Tebow, played out of a shotgun spread offense on a team LOADED with talent. Hell, 3 dudes from Bradford's team went in the TOP 4 PICKS!!! So, Bradford's throwing motion looks prettier... he still can't read defenses. He still didn't put up the numberss Tebow did. And, Tebow took a ton more hits and stayed Healthy. What about fragile Sam?

Tebow won't be expected to start and will have time and coaching to get better. Bradford will more than likely get thrown into the fire right away and get killed. We'll get to see Bradford's character and St Louis' patience right away because even with him behind center, I don't think (even if he stays healthy) they win more than 4 games this year.

Right now given the situation, Tebow is the one with the brighter future.

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Love Tebows heart and leadership and dedication. :salute:

I hope to see plenty of this in Denver...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-qodBTlMtA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-qodBTlMtA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Also another one that I really love is his speech that probably everone knows about:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/96vAbtpakLg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/96vAbtpakLg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Those vids straight give me chills. He is a true leader and I havn't seen that much leadership out of former Broncos qb's. ;)

And He Hates losing and it is not acceptable. Pretty much the opposite of Jay when a few years ago we lost to Oakland and he said it didn't really matter because the Chargers lost also. Never really liked when he said that. :fight:

But I'm looking forward to Tebow being a bronco. Let the doubters doubt. :salute:

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 03:22 PM
The same thing was said about Vince Young: "He won't fake out those LB's and CB's in the NFL". Oops.

It's funny when I read those things. RB's run over guys all the time. Why can't Tebow? He's bigger than 95% of the RB's in the NFL.

Micheal Vick was the greatest running QB of all time.

You do not WANT your QB running "OVER" people in the NFL...its a passing league and the amount of money you pay your QB, the last thing you want him doing is taking shots from STUD LBs each week.

The thing about the Pros... as opposed to college... is that Tebow will be facing pro-level Defensive ends, LBs, and SS bashing into him EACH week, as opposed to every once in a while in college.

NightTrainLayne
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM
I always said that what set Elway apart from other QB's was his leadership abilities. Not only did Elway take the leadership role, but everyone on the team BELIEVED he would lead them to victory.

That is an intangible that simply cannot be quantified. Tebow certainly has some of those leadership qualities, and I think it's necessary for an NFL team to have a player like that.

silkamilkamonico
Neither did Vince Young. Neither, Frankly, did Sam Bradford. Bradford, like McCoy and Tebow, played out of a shotgun spread offense on a team LOADED with talent. Hell, 3 dudes from Bradford's team went in the TOP 4 PICKS!!! So, Bradford's throwing motion looks prettier... he still can't read defenses. He still didn't put up the numberss Tebow did. And, Tebow took a ton more hits and stayed Healthy. What about fragile Sam?

Tebow won't be expected to start and will have time and coaching to get better. Bradford will more than likely get thrown into the fire right away and get killed. We'll get to see Bradford's character and St Louis' patience right away because even with him behind center, I don't think (even if he stays healthy) they win more than 4 games this year.

Wrong. Vince Young is the only exception. I'm not going to bank on Tebow, or any college player, duplicating the success Young has.

As far as Bradford and McCoy, it's already been acknowledged that both players played in a system where they at least went through passing progressions.

How is Sam fragile? He took one hit. And then came back way earlier then expected. He dislocated his gthrowing shoulder, and then played 3 weeks later. I've dislocated my shoulder. I couldnt imagine even throwing a football.

Will Tim Tebow have another concussion, which, in this day and age, is more serious than a shoulder injury? Did you forget about his concussion?

Ravage!!!

Bradford can read defenses, and his throws are tops.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Not to mention, Young is STILL not considered a good NFL QB.

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM

You do not WANT your QB running "OVER" people in the NFL...its a passing league and the amount of money you pay your QB, the last thing you want him doing is taking shots from STUD LBs each week.

The thing about the Pros... as opposed to college... is that Tebow will be facing pro-level Defensive ends, LBs, and SS bashing into him EACH week, as opposed to every once in a while in college.

Well playing in the SEC, he pretty much faces top competition every week. I guess passing for 88 TD's and around 9000 yards doesn't make you a passing QB. He somewhat reminds me of a left handed version of Ben. Or should I say a left handed Virgin of Ben ;)

The guy can make plays. Everyone keeps doubting and he keeps proving people wrong :salute:

underrated29
04-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Dont get me wrong I am not saying he will come in and start from day 1. I think we will see him this year, but not much....I honestly think he needs atleast 2 years to get everything up to speed.....

Having said that- people keep going back to the throwing motion and footwork, which atrocious, but so what. He still thew plenty of passes, and most of them from the vids looked pretty accurate. Fact of the matter is, if he throws a jump pass, or any other pass, he can throw the football and thats fine as long as it works for him.....If it works what is the problem???

Even though Happy gilmore was fiction, he still made his goofy swing work for him. Once again it doesnt matter so much.

What matters is him being able to read defenses, get the ball in the tight windows, and win. We know he can do the last, it will take a couple years to hone the first two. But this kid can do it.

rocks
04-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Bradford can read defenses, and his throws are tops.

How do you know he can read defenses? He didn't do it at Oklahoma.

SBboundBRONCOS
04-23-2010, 03:28 PM

first off, tebow has 57 RUSHING TDs more than hershel walker, second off he payed in the SEC meaning that he played NFL level talent nearly every week

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
How do you know he can read defenses? He didn't do it at Oklahoma.

He did recognize coverages. That's a step in itself. I'm sure he checked the safeties after the ball was snapped as well.

He has also made every throw in the book at some point or another, and has great accuracy.

Northman
04-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Here's my support for Tebag.

http://www.usdailysports.com/upload/images/small_759409213.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2787221462_4c759a612d.jpg

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/gallery/uf_gator_girls/gator_girls-55.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/whiteynelson/uncle%20rico/GatorGirlHOT.jpg

http://cdn4.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/67/85067-71.jpg

http://www.usdailysports.com/upload/images/small_1957167780.jpg

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/florida-gator-girls-9.jpg

rocks
04-23-2010, 03:40 PM
You're not seriously looking at stats are you? Because that would place TT QB's, and Hawaii QB's, who also run a spread offense, at an all time high.

FLorida runs a spread option run, with a ratio of 70-30 or so run to pass. Something like that. Every pass play Tebow has made in his career, has probably been 1 on 1 coverage, with great to elite WR's trying to beat average CB's 1 on 1, with the exceptions of great CB's in the SEC, who Urban Meyer probably never even called a pass play towards.

It's about 50/50. Maybe 55/45. I guess you don't want too much UF football because he threw a lot of passes into coverage (with very little int's).

Are you saying the CB's in the Big 12 are better than those in the SEC? Are you saying the defenses are better in the Big 12 than the SEC? I (and most every other analyst) seriously doubts that.

Fact is, Tebow played and beat some of the most difficult defenses while in college. All the while he accumulated some of the most prolific stats (including passer rating / completion ratio) put up by a QB ever.

Bradford nor Tebow did very much in the way of reading defenses. They were always looking to the sideline to get the defensive read. They both played in very similar offenses (spread attacks) and made the same progressions. Bradford is better and getting through the reads before running than Tebow is right now, but that will change.

The biggest difference between the two of them (besides the championship rings) is that St. Louis going to spend $50 million to see if Bradford will be their next QB while Denver will spend about $15 million. Not to mention Tebow will be in special packages for him next year while he learns the position. Bradford won't be so lucky. They better have a good oline in St. Louis. Better protect that shoulder.

I know you don't like Tebow now, but I can almost guarantee you will by the end of 2010.

rocks
04-23-2010, 03:57 PM
He did recognize coverages. That's a step in itself. I'm sure he checked the safeties after the ball was snapped as well.

He has also made every throw in the book at some point or another, and has great accuracy.

Tebow never checked the safeties after the ball was snapped. What did he do? Ignore them? No, he checked the safeties too. He threw freaking 88 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. You don't have those type of crazy stats by not reading defenses. Sorry, you don't.

As far as accuracy goes, I do think Bradford is a little more accurate. That doesn't make him a better QB and certainly not worth $35 million more to me.

Overtime
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
From ed werder-

so? he will still be a bust, failure, or whatever you wanna call him. this is Denver's version of the Chiefs picking Todd Blackledge.

I can't wait to see it all fail and everything come tumbling down so Tebow and McDaniels can get run the **** out of town.

I hope we go 0-16, just so it happens at the end of this season and we can acquire Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer, or someone competent enough to run this team properly, because McDumbshit certainly isn't qualified.

claymore
04-23-2010, 07:26 PM
He has a passion for the game like Peyton Manning.

He has "it". If he doesn't succeed it will be his brain, not his heart or his physical ability.
I am really falling in love with this kid. I hope Josh watches his potty mouth around him!

SBboundBRONCOS
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM
so? he will still be a bust, failure, or whatever you wanna call him. this is Denver's version of the Chiefs picking Todd Blackledge.

I can't wait to see it all fail and everything come tumbling down so Tebow and McDaniels can get run the **** out of town.

I hope we go 0-16, just so it happens at the end of this season and we can acquire Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer, or someone competent enough to run this team properly, because McDumbshit certainly isn't qualified.

lol this is some of the most asinine posting i have ever seen, why cant you just root for the team to freaking win, just because you dont like McD

even if he proves to win and win your gonna hate him and theres no changing the minds of the ignorant

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Sorry tebow, but all we were trying to do was win a mother****ing game~

Poet
04-23-2010, 09:18 PM

Sam Bradford has as much experience with this.

The spread QB's are all like that.

sacmar
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I like the guy. We obviously don't have a guy we can solidly say is our qb yet so i'm down for the guy a shot. Happens all the time when the guy who supposidly god's gift toe football isn't and the one they said is crap is.

Poet
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM
LULZ

Bradford is a beast.

But.....

He's in the same boat as Tebow. He looked to the sidelines and got the calls. He never read defenses, he dropped back into an open area and because of his offense and surrounding talent he threw the ball to people who were pretty much wide open.

I don't like the Tebow pick in round one. I think he would have been there in round three. I don't like him as a QB, I LOVE him as an NFL offensive player in general.

This is the defining moment in McD's career.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM
first off, tebow has 57 RUSHING TDs more than hershel walker, second off he payed in the SEC meaning that he played NFL level talent nearly every week

And? So you are saying, that he will run like that in the NFL? You think this is what owners/GMs/coaches want from an NFL QB? I don't see your point.

He's not fast...but he will make his running plays, sure. But he's nto going to run over defenses in the NFL. He's not going to be able to run the option all the time. We can't simply use him as a running back like they did in Flordia.

He may have faced 1.. maybe TWO players on the opposing teams that make it in the NFL.... certainly NOT every weeek. You are exaggerating.. or.. jsut simply incorrect. Either way... I promise you that not a single defense he played again, has as many "NFL starters" as any NFL defense he will play against. HUGE differences.

Poet
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Ravage, there's a lot of NFL talent on those SEC teams.

We aren't just talking about guys who went into this class with him either...

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 09:31 PM

Great post. What a true fan. Nothing better then losing. :rockon:

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Ravage, there's a lot of NFL talent on those SEC teams.

We aren't just talking about guys who went into this class with him either...

I'm not saying there's not. I'm saying that how many players (on an opposing defense, in any regular season game he plays) will be starting on an NFL team? How many on each defense he plays against on average? On average, less then one player. Some teams will have two, some will have three... big games agianst major schools might have 4 or five. Some, will have none.

In the NFL, EVERY player is the best of the defenses he played against at their position. He won't be able to run like he did at Florida. He's going to have his runs. Of course. He's goign to have his rushing TDs, absolutely. But you watch his 'highlight' clip, and its rushing. Running the option... running draws. This isnt' what you want your NFL starting QB to do.

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
I can't wait to see it all fail
I hope we go 0-16,.

pathetic:tsk:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm gonna come out and say it right now...I've got to expose the truth.

Overtime is Jay Cutler :shocked:

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna come out and say it right now...I've got to expose the truth.

Overtime is Jay Cutler :shocked:

i was thinking brandstater or quinn,cuz he seems to be ascared !
and one of them boys just got shipped to the minor leagues !:laugh:

Krull
04-29-2010, 09:04 PM

Ohhh I'm calling bullshit on this sir.