PDA

View Full Version : Live Press Conference - Tim Tebow

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2816&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

First-round pick Tim Tebow will meet the media at approximately 2 p.m. MDT. Watch the rookie's press conference live here.

Broncolingus
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2816&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

First-round pick Tim Tebow will meet the media at approximately 2 p.m. MDT. Watch the rookie's press conference live here.

Thx, C...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
First-round pick Tim Tebow will meet the media at approximately 2:30 p.m. MDT. Watch the rookie's press conference live here.

Coach McD is talking on ESPN right now with Ed Werner

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Werder: "What was it about Tim Tebow that made him one of the centerpieces of this complex plan?"

McDaniels: "We have a lot of parameters that we look for in our quarterbacks and Tim has really displayed all of those. He's productive, he's tough, he's smart. He's been a leader, and has great work ethic. He's highly recommended and regarded from everybody that you speak to. I understand the questions about the throwing motion and the mechanics and all of those things, but I think there's some things that he has that you can't coach and can't teach. And the things that we would like to improve and tweak relative to his game, those are things that you can coach. So we're looking forward to getting to work with him, putting him in there with our other three quarterbacks and we think the competition is going to be incredible."

Werder: "You want your quarterback to be the best player on your team and have a positive effect on lifting the performance of everybody around him, how long a process will this be with this quarterback?"

McDaniels: "We tell all our players that they're to create their own roles. We have no timetable for any player on our team. We want the best players on the field at all times and we know that the competition is going to be great at that position so we're trying to do that everywhere on our football team. We certainly feel like the competitiveness of the players that are going to play quarterback for us this year is going to make all of them better, and we expect that from all of them. We're looking forward to seeing how it all plays out."

Werder: "You mentioned the throwing motion and he's already evolved to a certain point in remaking that. This is what you do, you're a quarterback guy, you're a technician at that position. How far does he have to go, and how far has he already made it?"

McDaniels: "I think he's definitely made progress in changing what he wanted to do with it. I think the most important thing for us is to get him to a point where he feels it's consistent. I don't think it's that big of a deal that all of our quarterbacks look identical, I'm not going to try to do that, I don't think that's really a smart thing to do. He's been a very productive player at college you know? 67 percent completions, done a lot of things, obviously won a lot of games doing things the way he's done it and certainly he's made some progress with his motion already, and we're going to try to get it to the point where it's smooth, consistent, natural and he can just play, and that's a goal that we have for all our quarterbacks and it will be no different for Tim."

Werder: "Let's talk about the other player you pick, Demaryius Thomas. Most people had Dez Bryant as the number one receiver on their board. You think this guy on the field reminds you of Brandon Marshall, why the decision you made there?"

McDaniels: "We just again made an evaluation of the entire package. Dez Bryant we certainly had on our board and felt good about that player as well, but Demaryius just gave us some things that we felt we were looking for in our offense. He's been a vertical guy, and again you can't evaluate necessarily how many times he's had a chance to do it at Georgia Tech because their offense has been different but the opportunities he's had to display the things that he can do, he's really shown the ability to go up and get the ball. On the field he's got great speed, he can do things with the ball after he catches it, and we spent a lot of time with this player. We feel very good about his ability to come in and learn our offense and be a productive part of it."

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Well I"ve been in there for a while now. The camera or anything hasn't came on :fight:

If it does then let me know in case its just not working for me :lol:

Hopefully its 2:30. I'm anxious :elefant:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Denver Broncos' site is still saying 2:30, but there is absolutely no activity on there - so I don't believe it is still 2:30?????

Tebow4Ever
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Will it work if i just keep the page up and keep refreshing it? for the vid conference with Tebo?

broncophan
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
espn just said Tebow is having problems getting to Denver because of a snowstorm....

Tebow4Ever
04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Denver Broncos' site is still saying 2:30, but there is absolutely no activity on there - so I don't believe it is still 2:30?????

still not showing nothing, i keep refreshing the page.

Tebow4Ever
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
espn just said Tebow is having problems getting to Denver because of a snowstorm....

I read he landed at DIA almost two hours ago, it is no longer snowing in the Denver metro area, at least not where i am..About 20 minutes from Dove Valley.

ikillz0mbies
04-23-2010, 03:56 PM
lindsay jones from the denver post said the press conference will start at 3 pm via her twitter.

Northman
04-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I heard he was having trouble getting over the clouds because his head is too big. So i heard anyway.

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I heard he was having trouble getting over the clouds because his head is too big. So i heard anyway.

You must be speaking of Jay "I have stronger arm than Elway" Cutler. Tebow is down to earth as they come.

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I heard hes making snow Angels right now. He'll be there shortly :salute:

Tebow4Ever
04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Test...

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I thought I missed it, so will try later I did however watch thomas. while no Mensa candidate sounds like a good kid, with a rough childhood that learned from it and is on the straight and narrow after his mom went to prison.

I have to admit when I saw some of his plays on U Tube I was really looking at the numbers to see if it was marshall with speed.

He said he ran a 4.38 forty just before breaking his foot preparing for the daft IF that is correct he is a burner.

He looked fast to me on the field and when I heard others bad mouth him about being slow I was thinking I may have judged him wrong.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
First-round pick Tim Tebow will meet the media at approximately 3:45 p.m. MDT. Watch the rookie's press conference live here.

Tebow4Ever
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
First-round pick Tim Tebow will meet the media at approximately 3:45 p.m. MDT. Watch the rookie's press conference live here.

why the heck do they keep pushing it back? He should be down there by now.Landed at DIA two hours ago.

G_Money
04-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Bet he doesn't get a lot of snow delays in SEC travel.

~G

rocks
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
why the heck do they keep pushing it back? He should be down there by now.Landed at DIA two hours ago.
Some of the board members are camped out with sniper rifles trying to take him out before he's signed... Security detail is searching for them now. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 04:16 PM
He said he ran a 4.38 forty just before breaking his foot preparing for the daft IF that is correct he is a burner.

Supposedly, his agent was video taping his workouts prior to the combine and that's where the 4.38 came from. When he broke his foot, his agent started sending the video to teams knowing that he wouldn't be able to workout at the combine or probably his pro-day.

From what some guy on NFL Network said last night, those videos combined with his game footage is what really helped keep his draft stock from slipping. I've seen him play several times and he always seemed like he was better than everyone the defense had on the field (has that "man among boys" look). His coaches at GT compare him - no kidding - with Calvin Johnson saying he's a "clone".

I really think we got us a good one and I'm stoked to see this guy tearing it up in the Orange and Blue on Sundays!

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 04:17 PM

He's currently in the war room with Josh discussing our later picks today (who he wants on the O-line). :D ;)

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 04:26 PM
feed on denverbroncos.com is finally up.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 04:28 PM
He's currently in the war room with Josh discussing our later picks today (who he wants on the O-line). :D ;)

I want Aaron Hernandez coach and how about Matt Tennant to be my center?

:listen:

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 04:29 PM

Hes fielding calls from teams that are trying to trade for Orton as well.
Man, this guys got a great work ethic!
Hes really polite too.
So far he has a 3rd from Buffalo......

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I want Aaron Hernandez coach and how about Matt Tennant to be my center?

:listen:

JD Walton. And the OG from Indiana.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
JD Walton. And the OG from Indiana.

Hell no, I want Hernandez...

I would be fine with Walton, but I would prefer Ducasse over Stafford.

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Hell no, I want Hernandez...

I would be fine with Walton, but I would prefer Ducasse over Stafford.

Coach was sayin Ducasse is such a project.
Whereas Saffold could start day one.
I like what ive read on Ducasse though.
I want maulers.

Hernandez will be there in the 5th. Be patient.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Jim Saccamono (sp) just announced that Tim might be 10 mins away - he is in visiting with Josh

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I KNEW IT! I told you he was in with Josh...

discussing draft picks!

That's what they just said (okay, I made up the last part) but they said 10 more minutes.

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
OK 'cane, i am with you.

Vladimir Ducasse, UMass
Height: 6-4. Weight: 332.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Combine 40 Time: 5.21.
Benchx225: 29. Arm: 34 3/4.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.
1/17/10: Has played guard and right tackle at UMass, and had 24 career starts going into his senior year. Was voted as a Division 1-AA First-Team All-American. Received a Combine invite.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 05:00 PM
OK 'cane, i am with you.

Vladimir Ducasse, UMass
Height: 6-4. Weight: 332.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Combine 40 Time: 5.21.
Benchx225: 29. Arm: 34 3/4.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.
1/17/10: Has played guard and right tackle at UMass, and had 24 career starts going into his senior year. Was voted as a Division 1-AA First-Team All-American. Received a Combine invite.

He's the Mastadon Beast from the East. :lol:

Skacorica
04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Man, anytime now, the last 20 minutes at work have not been productive :)

G_Money
04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
It's hilarious hearing Alfred Williams in the background of this feed while Tebow takes his sweet time getting here.

~G

broncophan
04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Wow....a qb with personality and a sense of humor......have not seen that for a while...

broncophan
04-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Honored to be a bronco......and play for a great organization

broncophan
04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
is on espn news now

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Wants to be a great pocket passer

sees himself as a normal qb with an extra dimension because of his athletic ability.

G_Money
04-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I can't help it, I really do like the kid.

Hope I like him on the field, too.

~G

broncophan
04-23-2010, 05:29 PM
I can't help it, I really do like the kid.

Hope I like him on the field, too.

~G

Me too......hard to remember hearing ar seeing a more likeable kid drafted by the broncos.Hope he is not too much of a "yes man" though....

G_Money
04-23-2010, 05:30 PM
"As a kid wanting to be a QB you ABSOLUTELY know who John Elway is. Watching him dive for the first down in the Superbowl...I'm a film junkie, I've watched John Elway on film at Stanford."

Gotta like a kid who is doing film study on college games from before he was born. *laughs*

~G

G_Money
04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Me too......hard to remember hearing ar seeing a more likeable kid drafted by the broncos.Hope he is not too much of a "yes man" though....

If he's not, McDaniels isn't gonna keep him around.

So instead, I hope he can take dumb ideas and make them smarter on the field. The same way Elway used to throw into triple coverage and make all of us go, "Dammit John! That's gonna be picked off agai...hey, great throw!"

~G

broncophan
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
"As a kid wanting to be a QB you ABSOLUTELY know who John Elway is. Watching him dive for the first down in the Superbowl...I'm a film junkie, I've watched John Elway on film at Stanford."

Gotta like a kid who is doing film study on college games from before he was born. *laughs*

~G

Really makes you feel old though when you here someone say they grew up watching Elway play.....I was already "well-grown up" when Elway was playing....lol

Watchthemiddle
04-23-2010, 05:33 PM
The difference between Tebow and Cutler....

Tebow has the drive to succeed. Has not been handed anything in life, and has had to work towards all of the success he has enjoyed. Does not pout when things don't go his way, if anything that makes him want it more and work harder.

I am so glad Tebow is here. I think everyone is going to be glad he is here when we see him on the field.

G_Money
04-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Cutler was the son of a bricklayer who could only play option QB at Vandy because everyone else wanted him to be a safety - and even the college that let him play quarterback didn't want him to throw the ball his first 2 years there, just run it. He was Tebow on one of the worst SEC teams instead of the best, getting pummeled by far more talented defenses.

And through all that he managed to become a first round pick in the NFL, traded for 2 more first round picks. He's not worth all those first rounders yet, but nobody "handed" Cutler anything either.

Tebow certainly gets along with McDaniels better though.

~G