PDA

View Full Version : DeMaryius Thomas new Broncos WR on Tim Tebow, Brandon Marshall

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
There was a thread started last night, stating that DeMaryius Thomas LOOKED disappointed when the Broncos drafted him. PLEASE, do not only read what is posted here, but watch the video on the link, and then come back and state that DeMaryius was disappointed when the Broncos drafted him. Not all of what is on the video was posted in the article.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=61975

This NFL Draft installment (thanks to the Inn at Irving Place, part of the Small Luxury Hotels of The World brand) comes from New York, Radio City Music Hall - In the 2010 NFL Draft, Florida Quarterback Tim Tebow is now a Denver Bronco player and was drafted by the Broncos with the 25th pick in the 1st round.

That's almost right on the heels of the Broncos drafting the person I just interviewed Georgia Tech WR DeMaryius Thomas with the 22nd pick in the 1st round. Thus, it was only logical to talk to DeMaryius Thomas about the prospect of playing with Tim Tebow in Denver. What's he think about catching passes from Tim Tebow?

"I don't know. A lot of people talk about the way he throws," Thomas said, "but I think it will be fun. I'm looking forward to it." Thomas says the pass pattern he most enjoys running is one that will make football blogger Chris Brown of Smart Football happy: the post / corner with the safety read. That's a pass pattern in the Broncos offense, so look for Tebow to Thomas from that pattern.

The most interesting and frank talk came when the subject of the Oakland Raiders and former Broncos now Miami Dolphin swide receiver Brandon Marshall came up. On the matter of the Oakland Raiders, who DeMaryius Thomas will face twice, he said "I know they've got a good cornerback. I got nothing to say to him (Nnamdi Asomugha). I'll see him on the field.

On the matter of Brandon Marshall, who DeMaryius Thomas was essentially drafted to replace, Thomas said that Marshall was a good guy, and they both had similar body types, and the "same speed," but Thomas then added, "but I'm a better blocker."

That's confidence. It doesn't bother Thomas that he's the replacement for Marshall or that Denver Broncos fans have high expectations for him. It also doesn't bother Thomas that he's coming to Oakland to face Asomugha or The Black Hole.

2010 will be an interesting season. DeMaryius Thomas has already given both the Raiders and The Miami Dolphins blackboard material.

Stay tuned.

OrangeHoof
04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Keep your mouth shut, rook.

nevcraw
04-23-2010, 03:45 PM
that wasn't black board material that was no news, zero, nada.. good lord..

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
that wasn't black board material that was no news, zero, nada.. good lord..

It was a Raider fan (admittedly, I watched the video) doing the interview, that's why talk of Asomugha and the Raiders even came up.

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 03:52 PM
For some reason, this guy just seems a bit cocky or something. Not sure if I like his attitude :lol:

Says hes a better blocker then Marshall. And then said hes a better person then Dez and he knows that. Then talks about all the other reasons why hes better then Dez. :lol:

hmmm We'll see how he is. :salute:

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
For some reason, this guy just seems a bit cocky or something. Not sure if I like his attitude :lol:

Says hes a better blocker then Marshall. And then said hes a better person then Dez and he knows that. Then talks about all the other reasons why hes better then Dez. :lol:

hmmm We'll see how he is. :salute:

They kind of set him up for those answers. The question asked was "Why are you better than Dez Bryant?" What's he supposed to say? "I'm not. Dez is awesome, I hope to be half as good as him." The other question asked was "how do you compare to Brandon Marshall?" He said he was a better blocker but had similar speed, size and strength. Said Marshall has more experience. I don't see how that's cocky at all.