PDA

View Full Version : Where does Orton get traded to, today?

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Yes.. I think its a VERY good possibility that Orton gets traded today. I think it will either give us an additional 3rd, or, move us higher in draft and a 3rd. I think McD will figure we can 'do' with Quinn and Tebow, and then plan on starting Tebow next season.

You don't draft a QB in the first round and plan on him sitting for years. People tried to say that Cutler would sit for 2-3 years behind Plummer. It just doesn't work that way.

So...

If he IS traded (speculation, yes)..... who do you think he will be traded to?

My first guess, is Buffalo

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
"Welcome to Buffalo, MR. Orton!"

Hoser
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Maybe we'll send him to the Bears for Cutler and their 3rd round pick? :P

But nah seriously.... while I SERIOUSLY doubt he's traded... yeah. Probably the Bills.

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Well...let's see where McCoy and Clausen go first. It'll be easier to assess a potential spot after that.

FTR...I dont think Orton gets traded.

MileHighCrew
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Depends if the Bills get Clausen or Colt.

Buff
04-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Orton is worth more to us this year than a 2nd day pick. There is no market for Quinn. We go into camp with the current 4 QBs we have on the roster.

underrated29
04-23-2010, 11:30 AM
He will not be traded. And there is no team that would trade for him.

The bills can easily snag Colt, the vikes clausen, then there is still lefeaver, pike, skelton----

Orton will not be traded. THat will put me on the HATE Mcd wagon. Because it would be beyond stupid.

weazel
04-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Buffalo is going to draft a QB

dogfish
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
we're not trading orton. . .

somebody has to play quarterback this year. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Whichever team doesn't win the trade up with the Rams for the 33rd pick to get Clausen or McCoy (I think Minnesota will take the other at #34) be it Oakland, Buffalo, or maybe even Cleveland (even though I don't think they look at Orton when they have Delhomme - six of one, half dozen of another) will be in the market.

Remember though that even with the top 4 off the board there are still a TON of second tier QBs out there. Skelton, Pike, Lefevour, Snead, Hiller, The guy from WV (I forget his name), Robinson, etc.

A lot of those "second tier" guys are pretty damned good, too.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I can't see us trading Orton....Quinn maybe to Bufffalo for a 4th if they don't get a rookie.

tomjonesrocks
04-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Personally I would love a third in return for Orton. This team obviously has no expectations to win this year and Orton is not the future. Let's see what Quinn can do in this offense and try to groom that towering project Tebow meanwhile.

slim
04-23-2010, 11:44 AM
I say he goes to Baltimore along with our 1st and 2nd round picks next year.

In exchange, Denver will recieve an autographed photo of Ozzie Newsome.

G_Money
04-23-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm with the rest - Orton stays for this year. He understands the offense and is only on a 1-year tender. 2011 may not even have football.

Orton's gonna take us into the strike, and Tebow will take us out of it.

~G

dogfish
04-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Personally I would love a third in return for Orton. This team obviously has no expectations to win this year and Orton is not the future. Let's see what Quinn can do in this offense and try to groom that towering project Tebow meanwhile.

someone needs to mentor tebow. . . quinn can't teach him anything beyond how to hold a clipboard and suck (at football :shocked: ), and ben mcdaniels may not even be qualified for that. . .

we're not trading orton, unless mcD has an inexplicable hankering to win three games this year. . .

dogfish
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't see us trading Orton....Quinn maybe to Bufffalo for a 4th if they don't get a rookie.

quinn and a throw-in pick for marshawn lynch. . . :D

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 11:51 AM
what makes ya think Lynch is expendable? :hi:

topscribe
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
This thread gives a new meaning to the word "fail."

-----

Tned
04-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm with the rest - Orton stays for this year. He understands the offense and is only on a 1-year tender. 2011 may not even have football.

~G

McDaniels has to put a competitive team on the field this season in order to justify his draft picks that will help in the future. He can't trade Orton, because he is the Broncos best chance of putting a winning team on the field in '10.

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Orton will be staying in Denver. NO QUESTION.

Gimpygod
04-23-2010, 12:04 PM

~G

sweet! I thought you were dead... being the incarnation of death aside.;)

Now that you have actually resurfaced I've got questions. Why not start Tebow? he can throw the ball 5 yards I'm sure, which encompasses 95% of our innovative playcalling and won't get tackled by Phantom tacklers. I swear I have seen Orton take a dive in anticipation of pressure. Okay, that's only one question but I didn't want to frighten you back into your hobbit den.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Yes.. I think its a VERY good possibility that Orton gets traded today. I think it will either give us an additional 3rd, or, move us higher in draft and a 3rd. I think McD will figure we can 'do' with Quinn and Tebow, and then plan on starting Tebow next season.

You don't draft a QB in the first round and plan on him sitting for years. People tried to say that Cutler would sit for 2-3 years behind Plummer. It just doesn't work that way.

So...

Buffalo or Oakland IMHO, Buffalo even if they take Clausen may want him to sit a year or two. Oakland is not likely to take a quarterback in the draft, but Orton is better then any of those on the roster and would make for a shift in their organization. I feel it will be Oakland...

Lancane
04-23-2010, 12:07 PM
McDaniels has to put a competitive team on the field this season in order to justify his draft picks that will help in the future. He can't trade Orton, because he is the Broncos best chance of putting a winning team on the field in '10.

Unless he saw enough of Quinn to believe that he was just as capable as the starter!

;)

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 12:07 PM

So...

OMG. I think I'm going to be sick....:yuck:

tomjonesrocks
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM

~G

There was a lot of hype that Quinn already knows more about this offense as a result of working with Weiss than even Orton does. If that is true, Quinn's far superior physical skills seem to make Orton expendable to me...

jhildebrand
04-23-2010, 12:25 PM

So...

Brandstater is the odd man out. McDaniels wont be able to cut and Practice Squad him based on his performance last year in the preseason. He won't trade Orton to hand the reigns to Quinn, IMHO.

Rav, you sound a bit sad at the prospect of Orton being moved. Never thought we would see the day where we actually would have to root for Orton a little :tsk:

jhildebrand
04-23-2010, 12:26 PM
There was a lot of hype that Quinn already knows more about this offense as a result of working with Weiss than even Orton does. If that is true, Quinn's far superior physical skills seem to make Orton expendable to me...

Quinn had the same advantage in Cleveland having already played under Weiss. Mangina was running the same 'system.' Even then Quinn couldn't use the leg up advantage he had to beatout DA. I don't know that here will be any different.

jhildebrand
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
quinn and a throw-in pick for marshawn lynch. . . :D

Our RB coach is from Buffalo. He knows Lynch. However, with 'character' being the flavor of the regime, it would be hard to sell bringing in a Lynch after moving Marshall.

claymore
04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
I hope we trade orton, play quinn this year, make him look good, then ship his gay ass out too.

WAR TEBOW!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
This thread gives a new meaning to the word "fail."

-----

I flat out said in the OP it was just for speculation... .no sense being a horse's ass about it. I know that difficult for you, but at least pick your moments.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Brandstater is the odd man out. McDaniels wont be able to cut and Practice Squad him based on his performance last year in the preseason. He won't trade Orton to hand the reigns to Quinn, IMHO.

Rav, you sound a bit sad at the prospect of Orton being moved. Never thought we would see the day where we actually would have to root for Orton a little :tsk:

Not sad to see him go... I'm sad that he's actually the best friggin PASSING QB we have on the team..... THAT is what makes me sad :tsk:

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope we trade orton, play quinn this year, make him look good, then ship his gay ass out too.

WAR TEBOW!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Crazy, on my way back from Starbucks with me, Bowlens and MCD's coffee's MCD said the exact same thing, word for word to me on the celly!
I completely agreed. He's a freakin wizard man.

G_Money
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
sweet! I thought you were dead... being the incarnation of death aside.;)

Now that you have actually resurfaced I've got questions. Why not start Tebow? he can throw the ball 5 yards I'm sure, which encompasses 95% of our innovative playcalling and won't get tackled by Phantom tacklers. I swear I have seen Orton take a dive in anticipation of pressure. Okay, that's only one question but I didn't want to frighten you back into your hobbit den.

You don't start Tebow because you don't want to put your whole season on his shoulders. He's never had to really read defenses before - his progression was, "First guy's not open, RB's not open, first guy still isn't open so time for me to run for the first down."

You can't run like that in this league. You can't afford a LOT of mistakes in the NFL that you can get away with in college. The worst pro team is better than the best competition Tebow has ever faced. He also will have a better team around him to help him compete, but QB is one position where getting thrown immediately into the fire is a good way to develop bad habits you will never shake.

Tebow already has bad habits we want to coach him out of - no need to give him more because he's in over his head.

You can be the greatest 5k Breast Cancer jogger ever, but if I toss you into an Ironman field you're probably gonna get hurt.

He needs to learn how to handle a longer season, against more physically talented players, with FAR more complicated schemes, AND work on his mechanics and understanding of the pro game.

Don't make him start on top of all that.

Orton's been through the process. He's a reasonably mediocre pro QB, which in Game One we should NOT expect Tebow to be.

Tebow's first year is gonna be spend studying and getting better, as it should be. And for that we need Orton around to keep up at .500 (or better) so that Josh doesn't lose his job.

Peyton Freaking Manning went 3-13 with 28 INTs to 26 TDs his first season as he adjusted, because he didn't sit. Tebow is not Manning in his preparedness for the NFL.

Dres Brees sat basically his whole first year, went 10-17 in his next TWO seasons before putting it together. It can take a while.

Guys like Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are skewing the recent numbers a little, but it tends to be rough going for a QB new to the league, and those guys succeeded because they weren't being asked to do too much.

Until our running game comes around and our defense can stop the run, we WOULD be asking Tebow to do too much.

I'd rather he just sit and learn for now - and thanks for the welcome. :beer: I'm around, just busy as hell. It should slacken up in time for the preseason...I hope. :lol:

~G

jhildebrand
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Not sad to see him go... I'm sad that he's actually the best friggin PASSING QB we have on the team..... THAT is what makes me sad :tsk:

It will be an interesting season to say the least. I am more interested in seeing how this affects McDaniels time here. I can see how it would shorten it dramatically but see some others views on how it could keep him here longer.

The one saving grace I hold out is this:

McD made Brady better when, by all accounts, he was as good as a QB could be.

He made Matt Cassell, without any college career to speak of, a $60 Million QB.

Finally, I hope with the QB position being a bit back logged that McDaniels will declare it an open competition. I know he already declared Orton the starter. However, I think that should all change seeing how we drafted the "player" in the first round. First round QB's are supposed to be able to come in and push for the starting role.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 01:53 PM
The way I see it is that he'll either succeed and be heralded as a genius or he'll fail and the Broncos will go out in a blaze of glory...well, at least a flame or two.

:laugh:

If he fails, I'll bet someone a load of money that we see the West Coast offense reinstalled, a defensive coach like Wink made HC and maybe Shanahan Jr. as the assistant HC/Offensive Coordinator.

It can only get better...I hope. And Tebow is an underdog so it makes you want him to succeed, I wouldn't bet against him becoming more then what people believe, like Young, Montana, Brady and Plummer.

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
If Orton gets traded today then it makes things real interesting. I'd rather start Orton this year and let his stock rise even more and then we can trade him. :lol:

I just hope the fans don't rush Tim on the field as the starter like with Jay. I hope Tebow doesn't start til at least next year. :salute:

Btw Ravage ... whos your fav QB on the roster now? I know that you really don't like any of them :lol:

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
The way I see it is that he'll either succeed and be heralded as a genius or he'll fail and the Broncos will go out in a blaze of glory...well, at least a flame or two.

:laugh:

If he fails, I'll bet someone a load of money that we see the West Coast offense reinstalled, a defensive coach like Wink made HC and maybe Shanahan Jr. as the assistant HC/Offensive Coordinator.

It can only get better...I hope. And Tebow is an underdog so it makes you want him to succeed, I wouldn't bet against him becoming more then what people believe, like Young, Montana, Brady and Plummer.

You can honeslty see us being successful with Tebow throwing 25+ passes a game?

uff-da

Lancane
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
You can honeslty see us being successful with Tebow throwing 25+ passes a game?

uff-da

Silk, what happens if he turns into the next Steve Young or Jake Plummer?

Like I said it will either be a genius move or McOhShit...will be McDohFired.

Broncolingus
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Barring some miracle metamorphosis of Quinny, Orton isn't going anywhere this (and perhaps next) year thus he's not getting traded.

I've said all along, I'd have no problem with Orton staying as a backup after Denver finds it's QB...

Brandy, though, might be gone...

ikillz0mbies
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't see Orton going anywhere. He's here for one more year and has experience in the offense. If he is though, I see the Bills as the most logical team. They could offer Lynch since he is on the block, but it wouldn't make sense because of his character concerns.