PDA

View Full Version : From a Florida Fan- What you really got with Tim Tebow

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
If you think your going to get the normal Tebow is greatest thing since sliced bread from a Florida fan this isn't the thread for you. The love for Tebow down here is amazing and thats partially because most casual football fans have an easier time identifying with one player than they do an entire team. Tebow being a born again Christian has greatly increased his popularity especially in North Florida such as Jacksonville. A good percentage of his fans can't say more than a paragraph about him without bringing that up even if has nothing to do with football. The media adores him down here mainly because if you write a good article or put a good story on him your going to sell papers and attract viewers. Saying something bad about Tim Tebow in the local media is like writing that your hometown sucks.

His main detraction is going to be his arm. When it comes to out passes or deep throws there is no real zip on his balls. I expect NFL caliber CB's to take back many of his out passes for a quick 6 the other way. He has never really had to read defenses at UF. It was a if he isnt open I'll run it. Realize that UF so outmatched its opponents that there was usually someone open and with UF's line he usually had lots of time. Tebow is a good runner but he isnt going to make any NFL player really miss. More of an Alstott type runner.

As for intangibles. Tebow is an all around decent guy. He isn't the brightest bulb. He had a high GPA when he was homeschooled and while he was at UF but take those for what they are worth. Anytime he took an actual test that was monitored he bombed (low wonderlic for a QB and 820 on his SAT) so take those GPA's for what they are worth and realize like all major athletes he had help. He is well liked by most of his teammates although I know a few personally that wouldn't dare say what they feel about him. I think his schtick can rub some people the wrong way. Again a majority like him.

If I was going to compare him with any recent QB I would say that you drafted a poor man's Daunte Culpepper.Both not the brightest. Tim is Daunte without the arm strength. Both were hyped as upstanding individuals by the local Florida media when they were here. I would say Tebow is much more upstanding but he hasnt been anywhere he wasnt coddled either. Its better for him that he went to you all instead of Cleveland, Philly or New England. They would have ate him alive. Imagine him crying on the the Philly sideline like he did when he lost games here.

Goodluck

broncofaninfla
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
For all of his short comings Tebow seems to have the drive, focus and passion to address them as well as the athletic ability to make it work. No doubt about it, he is a project at this point. It will be 2012 or longer before he could be declared a NFL QB or a bust. I'd feel better about this if we had a proven QB coach grooming him, maybe Ben Mcd can make a name for himself with thsi pick as well.

rocks
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
lol... You're not a Florida fan... Nice try though.

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
lol... You're not a Florida fan... Nice try though.

Been a Florida fan since the days of Kerwin Bell when I was a little kid. I just realize that UF won championships as a team. I also realize that if Tebow played for Kentucky or even Auburn he wouldn't have had the success he did. What you will find is that I'm more football knowledegable than many Tebow fans who like Tebow but really couldnt tell you much about the NFL or even football in general.

I find UF's success as a team much more impressive than the succes of one player. So yes I'm a UF fan.

dogfish
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM
dan marino scored a 13 on the wonderschmuck. . . .

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 11:38 AM
dan marino scored a 13 on the wonderschmuck. . . .

I've met both Dan Marino and Tim Tebow. Not surprised by both their scores. :) I have to say that everyone loves to bring up the best QB who scored low on the wonderlic but never pay attention to all the other great QB's who did well on it. If the Wonderlic was the one teller of how a QB would do in the NFL they would just go by that. Obviously it isnt and thus why the look at other things along with Wonderlic. I don't think anyone would argue that Tebow has the same physical tools as Dan Marino did coming out of Pitt.

Tebow isn't the worst QB ever but you gave up way too much for him. IMHO

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Been a Florida fan since the days of Kerwin Bell when I was a little kid. I just realize that UF won championships as a team. I also realize that if Tebow played for Kentucky or even Auburn he wouldn't have had the success he did. What you will find is that I'm more football knowledegable than many Tebow fans who like Tebow but really couldnt tell you much about the NFL or even football in general.

I find UF's success as a team much more impressive than the succes of one player. So yes I'm a UF fan.

...and how many rings would Joe Montana have without Jerry Rice?

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Point taken. Football is a team sport...

but had Joe Montana played for the Saints, he wouldn't have won 4 Superbowls and had the 49ers had say, Jim Everette as their QB they wouldn't have won those Superbowls, either.

Everything has to fall into place to win Championships - Players, Coaching, Scheme, a little luck with the schedule and from the injury bug also don't hurt.

Tim Tebow was a HUGE part of those teams. Bring Rex Grossman back and tell me he'd have been anywhere near as successful as Tebow with that Florida squad in that offense...

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 11:47 AM

Any knowledgeable football individual that follows the NCAA and the NFL would tell that that there was no comparison in talent disparity between the UF and its competition to that of the 49ers in their golden years with Rice and Montana. Just the scoreboard would indicate that.

Tebow was a key component of UF's success but he wasn't the deal breaker. Arguably UF would have done just as well or close to it without him. Percy Harvin and Brandon Spikes were just as big losses.

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Any knowledgeable football individual that follows the NCAA and the NFL would tell that that there was no comparison in talent disparity between the UF and its competition to that of the 49ers in their golden years with Rice and Montana. Just the scoreboard would indicates that.

Nice try at a jab, but the point...to anyone with common sense...is that it's a no brainer that Tebow doesnt do as well at a lesser school. Niether would any prospect, college player or pro player that playing for a top team.

How many rings did Elway get playing on mediocre teams?

Lancane
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Jake Plummer had issues with release and his spirals just like Tebow, that is why many felt he was not a first round quarterback; Steve Young had a weird release and had a strange approach to the game. Tebow reminds me of them both, so...whatever.

Chan Gailey who is considered a good offensive mind was interested in Tebow as well, so was Belichick, I think I will believe in those professionals more then a scorned fan that's pissed he did not stay in Florida.

:coffee:

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Nice try at a jab, but the point...to anyone with common sense...is that it's a no brainer that Tebow doesnt do as well at a lesser school. Niether would any prospect, college player or pro player that playing for a top team.

How many rings did Elway get playing on mediocre teams? Wasn't trying to jab. There are many people who watch the NCAA but not the NFL and vice versa. You made the comparison of Montana not winning championships without Rice. I pointed out that the talent disparity in the NFL is nowhere near as great it is in the college game. If you just watch the NFL you may not realize this, so its not common knowledge.

Not trying to get in a p#@!ing match. I'm a Florida Fan giving my honest opinion without including much of the stupid crap like Tim Tebow is a good Christian man so he will win championships you would get from many casual UF fans. I'm a fan of UF not of any coach or any one player. I hated Spurrier partially because I had to work with him and he was a tool as described.

As one poster said, Tebow is a project at best. Nothing more nothing less. Is he the answer to your QB issues, definately not.

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Jake Plummer had issues with release and his spirals just like Tebow, that is why many felt he was not a first round quarterback; Steve Young had a weird release and had a strange approach to the game. Tebow reminds me of them both, so...whatever.

Chan Gailey who is considered a good offensive mind was interested in Tebow as well, so was Belichick, I think I will believe in those professionals more then a scorned fan that's pissed he did not stay in Florida.

:coffee:FYI: Belichick has a history of fooling teams on who he is really interested in. So take little stock in that.

Steve Young was also much more highly touted than Tebow was. The similarities are only that Young and Tebow are both projects. Since Young played in the USFL before heading to Tampa for two seasons and then being backup to Montana for 3 yeas in San Fran. Thats 6 pro seasons before he was a start in the NFL.

Also I would have loved for the Bucs to have drafted Tebow in the 3rd or better yet the 4th round. If they gave up all that you all gave up I would be going apecrap.

Fan in Exile
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
FYI the phrase reading a defense when it comes to college QB usually is used to refer to pre-snap reads about what type of defense they are running. Whereas going through their progression or checking down seems to be what you are referring to. All college QBs have to learn how to read NFL defenses because you just don't see the kinds of things an NFL defense can do at the college level.

rocks
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Wasn't trying to jab. There are many people who watch the NCAA but not the NFL and vice versa. You made the comparison of Montana not winning championships without Rice. I pointed out that the talent disparity in the NFL is nowhere near as great it is in the college game. If you just watch the NFL you may not realize this, so its not common knowledge.

Not trying to get in a p#@!ing match. I'm a Florida Fan giving my honest opinion without including much of the stupid crap like Tim Tebow is a good Christian man so he will win championships you would get from many casual UF fans. I'm a fan of UF not of any coach or any one player. I hated Spurrier partially because I had to work with him and he was a tool as described.

As one poster said, Tebow is a project at best. Nothing more nothing less. Is he the answer to your QB issues, definately not.

Sorry dude, you don't seem like a very happy UF fan. Why come to a Denver board and spew crap about a player who gave his all for UF and nothing less? Just doesn't seem to add up.

Are you going to start a thread on the message board board of whoever drafts Dunlap to tell them to "watch out, he likes to get drunk" or the team who drafts Spikes and write "Watch your eyes!!!"?

Be happy for the guy. He didn't piss in your wheaties. Stop acting like a bas**rd...

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 12:18 PM
His main detraction is going to be his arm. When it comes to out passes or deep throws there is no real zip on his balls. I expect NFL caliber CB's to take back many of his out passes for a quick 6 the other way.

He has never really had to read defenses at UF.

Realize that UF so outmatched its opponents that there was usually someone open and with UF's line he usually had lots of time.

Tebow is a good runner but he isnt going to make any NFL player really miss. More of an Alstott type runner.

As for intangibles. Tebow is an all around decent guy. He isn't the brightest bulb.

If I was going to compare him with any recent QB I would say that you drafted a poor man's Daunte Culpepper.Both not the brightest. Tim is Daunte without the arm strength.

Outstanding post.

This has gone from completel nightmare to a horror movie.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM

:coffee:

What does that mean?

And Gailey, Belichek, and Tebow sure did a hell of a sell job on ol' McDipShit didn't they?

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry dude, you don't seem like a very happy UF fan. Why come to a Denver board and spew crap about a player who gave his all for UF and nothing less? Just doesn't seem to add up.

Are you going to start a thread on the message board board of whoever drafts Dunlap to tell them to "watch out, he likes to get drunk" or the team who drafts Spikes and write "Watch your eyes!!!"?

Be happy for the guy. He didn't piss in your wheaties. Stop acting like a bas**rd...

If you got an outstanding player for a steal I would have come here and said that. I'm not a UF fan that believes that just because he played for UF that he is the best thing ever. As a football fan and not a fanboy I would want real football opinions from people rather than just he is a wonderful Christian person.I dont know but I'm assuming your a Florida fan? If that the case it proves my point that being critical of Tebow down here is not acceptable to many as if he is different from other athletes.

I've given my opinion and many UF fans are not going to like it and some Bronco fans are not going to like it. You don't have to agree.

Goodluck to all.

Shazam!
04-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Tebow is an all around decent guy. He isn't the brightest bulb.

Stopped reading right there but wanted to after the bull**** about arm strength (this is the internet after all, just Youtube TT). His intelligence is one of the questionable assets he brings and nobody ever disputes that. People who have questioned his skillset have said he's smart and a workaholic, and because of both he'll succeed. Proof you dont know what the **** youre talking about and youre just a TT hater.

rocks
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
If you got an outstanding player for a steal I would have come here and said that. I'm not a UF fan that believes that just because he played for UF that he is the best thing ever. As a football fan and not a fanboy I would want real football opinions from people rather than just he is a wonderful Christian person.I dont know but I'm assuming your a Florida fan? If that the case it proves my point that being critical of Tebow down here is not acceptable to many as if he is different from other athletes.

I've given my opinion and many UF fans are not going to like it and some Bronco fans are not going to like it. You don't have to agree.

Goodluck to all.

I'm all for being critical. But you're beyond critical. Kiper is critical. You're bashing.

Your post started off critical but then it became a personal attack on his intelligence. No "UF" fan would come to a message board and give an "honest opinion" and include bullsh** like that.

I hate it when people masquerade as a fan of one team just so their opinion is "validated". Next you'll be telling me you're not a Lightning fan...

Broncolingus
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm just a weird mother-******...

...I'm the only one who doesn't know what the future holds for Tebow or anyone.

Ted Gregory was a fuking stud and he sure did turn out to be a difference maker...

Terrell Davis was a 'waste pick' at RB and sure did turn out to be one, huh?

Bottom line, ask me after Tebow (and everyone else) has had a chance to learn and play the game for a while and then pass judgement...

...of course, that's not what (most) people are about today, eh?

Northman
04-23-2010, 01:29 PM

Ted Gregory was a fuking stud and he sure did turn out to be a difference maker...

Bottom line, ask me after Tebow (and everyone else) has had a chance to learn and play the game for a while and then pass judgement...

Excellent points i just wish Tebow was a 6th round pick. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM

Did Denver trade a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for Gregory?

Did Denver basically throw away a 3rd round pick to move up to spots to draft a guy would would have been there at #24?

Does it not scare you that Josh Mcdaniels treats draft picks like buing a pack of M&M's, and not eating the brown ones?

Broncolingus
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Excellent points i just wish Tebow was a 6th round pick. :lol:

I'm with ya, brother...

...I'll (I've already) conceed(ed) the 'risk' with taking him so high.

...now he (and McD) HAVE to produce whereas I think that 'pressure' wouldn't have been there as much with a 6th.

Broncolingus
04-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Did Denver trade a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for Gregory?

Did Denver basically throw away a 3rd round pick to move up to spots to draft a guy would would have been there at #24?

Does it not scare you that Josh Mcdaniels treats draft picks like buing a pack of M&M's, and not eating the brown ones?

I'm just sayin, bud, if the dude turns out to be 'the' QB, and wins games (regular and postseason) no one will care what we gave up...

...if he busts, then McD was wrong and (probably) needs to go.

...and, it's really McD's choice because he's the coach and we all have to give it some time to make the final judgement.

That's all I'm sayin...

rocks
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm just sayin, bud, if the dude turns out to be 'the' QB, and wins games (regular and postseason) no one will care what we gave up...

...and, it's really McD's choice because he's the coach and we all have to give it some time to make the final judgement.

That's all I'm sayin...

That won't happen. Everyone knows the real experts hang out on message boards and are never wrong.

James Bond
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
This message is hidden because silkamilkamonico is on your ignore list.

Because you just post crap......

girler
04-23-2010, 02:06 PM

That's all I'm sayin...

It is so very interesting reading what everyone thinks about this pick. I've been reading about Tebow for the last year on this board- people here have been wanting him for a LONG time!

Anyway, this IS McD's make-it or break-it move for himself. He sees himself as a QB maker/mentor. It obviously didn't work with Orton/Simms because they are too old and have baggage. So he is starting with a fresh rookie who's got whatever it is he's looking for. McD is looking to make another QB who rivals Brady. Whether he can do that or not can/will be argued for the next 4 months to 4 years. Who knows right now?

Most everyone has legitimate points, but unless you've had a good long talk with God and he's told you what's going to happen, it's just an opinion/guess like everyone else.

My guess is that McD/Brady will only happen once (in his early life), and Josh is way too full of himself. He might be able to coach a good QB in 15-20 years after he gets more experience under his belt. IF he gets more experience under his belt- since my guess makes this a "break it" move for him.

Northman
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
It is so very interesting reading what everyone thinks about this pick. I've been reading about Tebow for the last year on this board- people here have been wanting him for a LONG time!

Anyway, this IS McD's make-it or break-it move for himself. He sees himself as a QB maker/mentor. It obviously didn't work with Orton/Simms because they are too old and have baggage. So he is starting with a fresh rookie who's got whatever it is he's looking for. McD is looking to make another QB who rivals Brady. Whether he can do that or not can/will be argued for the next 4 months to 4 years. Who knows right now?

Most everyone has legitimate points, but unless you've had a good long talk with God and he's told you what's going to happen, it's just an opinion/guess like everyone else.

My guess is that McD/Brady will only happen once (in his early life), and Josh is way too full of himself. He might be able to coach a good QB in 15-20 years after he gets more experience under his belt. IF he gets more experience under his belt- since my guess makes this a "break it" move for him.

Good points. It took BB a while before he started having success at the HC level. Unfortuantely, Denver doesnt have quite that long to wait.

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Stopped reading right there but wanted to after the bull**** about arm strength (this is the internet after all, just Youtube TT). His intelligence is one of the questionable assets he brings and nobody ever disputes that. People who have questioned his skillset have said he's smart and a workaholic, and because of both he'll succeed. Proof you dont know what the **** youre talking about and youre just a TT hater. Considering someone smart after you talk to them is a relative term. Now someone else may have met him and thought he was a genius. I've met Tim Tebow on many an occasion and he isn't the brightest bulb. Not an idiot. Many other Tebow fans will tell you the same thing. His aptitude tests are well documented and can back up my beliefs but his gpa says otherwise. Again he was homeschooled which is monitored poorly in the State of Florida and we all know about college athletes and academics (see FSU cheating scandal) Look at his interviews. He is very enthusiastic but when it gets deeper it really shows. No one is going to go on national tv and call a player not bright. So if someone says he is smart your not going to get the counterpoint. When a QB is succesful on the field they call them smart. Its practically coach speak. It goes with the position whether its true or not. What people will say is that he will do what it takes to learn the system. I cannot disagree with that. He's a project and I'm sorry if that offends as
Fanboys tend to see those that don't worship their heroes as haters, its almost as if you criticized their wife or loved one.

Skacorica
04-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Any knowledgeable football individual that follows the NCAA and the NFL would tell that that there was no comparison in talent disparity between the UF and its competition to that of the 49ers in their golden years with Rice and Montana. Just the scoreboard would indicate that.

Tebow was a key component of UF's success but he wasn't the deal breaker. Arguably UF would have done just as well or close to it without him. Percy Harvin and Brandon Spikes were just as big losses.

You are obviously not a UF fan. Sound more like a FSU fan trying to sound like a Florida fan.

rocks
04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
You are obviously not a UF fan. Sound more like a FSU fan trying to sound like a Florida fan.

Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner.

Google doesn't forget.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 04:24 PM

Fans from other schools or teams come to the boards all the time.

WARHORSE
04-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Just another so called 'fan' with nothing but jack to say thats good.

Fact is, no one knows whats going to happen.

But one thing I know, Josh went through six hours of drilling with him on the chalkboard and tape, and he thinks at a minimum he has something to work with.

As for TBONEs arm, dont tell me he cant make the throws. He has the arm strenth.

This pick ultimately will either be viewed as a pass or fail.

Just like ALL the picks in the draft.

That will play itself out.

But at least we wont have to worry about where this kids head is gonna be.................cause its gonna be in the playbook and the weightroom.

spikerman
04-23-2010, 04:30 PM

At least one, if I'm not mistaken.

Dreadnought
04-23-2010, 04:49 PM
At least one, if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, he had Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon as WR's for the 1981 SB. Plus almost no running game whatsoever.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I also remember that Montana (3rd Round Pick) was said to be too small, have a bad release, was not a pro caliber quarterback and would be a career backup in the NFL by most scouts at that time.

Now he's in the Hall of Fame... :beer:

Dreadnought
04-23-2010, 05:03 PM
I think that its entirely possible Tebow becomes a first rate QB, but I would expect that to take a few years, two at a minimum. That is in part why this was such a wild-assed gamble

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I also remember that Montana (3rd Round Pick) was said to be too small, have a bad release, was not a pro caliber quarterback and would be a career backup in the NFL by most scouts at that time.

Now he's in the Hall of Fame... :beer:

A little off subject but these comments are the best. Not because they are not true but because for every Joe Montana story there are about 100 other QB they said would fail that actually did fail.

Dreadnought
04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
A little off subject but these comments are the best. Not because they are not true but because for every Joe Montana story there are about 100 other QB they said would fail that actually did fail.

True, but there are legions of guys who had speed, cat-like reflexes and physiques like Hercules who end up sucking too. Its a damned inexact science.

kinggelato
04-23-2010, 05:11 PM
You are obviously not a UF fan. Sound more like a FSU fan trying to sound like a Florida fan. Ever notice the fanboys can never logically argue their opinion but rather just attack the messenger. Apparently your under the perception that all Florida fans must view Tim Tebow as the greatest QB of all time.

As I stated before, Tim Tebow is a project QB, with questionable arm strength, not the brightest bulb, is a hard worker and all around good guy. Basically a project QB. A poor mans Daunte Culpepper when it comes to his talent. Apparently that makes me an FSU fan. Laughable to anyone close to the UF program.

gatorpower
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I've met Tim Tebow on many an occasion and he isn't the brightest bulb. Not an idiot. Many other Tebow fans will tell you the same thing. His aptitude tests are well documented and can back up my beliefs but his gpa says otherwise. Again he was homeschooled which is monitored poorly in the State of Florida and we all know about college athletes and academics (see FSU cheating scandal) Look at his interviews. He is very enthusiastic but when it gets deeper it really shows. No one is going to go on national tv and call a player not bright. So if someone says he is smart your not going to get the counterpoint. When a QB is succesful on the field they call them smart. Its practically coach speak. It goes with the position whether its true or not. What people will say is that he will do what it takes to learn the system. I cannot disagree with that. He's a project and I'm sorry if that offends as
Fanboys tend to see those that don't worship their heroes as haters, its almost as if you criticized their wife or loved one.

I'm calling BS on you too. The old "I've met XXXX many times" internet argument. I've lived in Gainesville since 1988 and in that time I've had only had a dozen-or-so encounters with football players that lead to conversations lasting more than 2 minutes and I use to work on UF's campus at Shands.

As for his academics. He won the William V. Campbell trophy last year. That's the academic heisman. He completed most of classes in 3 years at UF. Please.

kinggelato
04-24-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm calling BS on you too. The old "I've met XXXX many times" internet argument. I've lived in Gainesville since 1988 and in that time I've had only had a dozen-or-so encounters with football players that lead to conversations lasting more than 2 minutes and I use to work on UF's campus at Shands.

As for his academics. He won the William V. Campbell trophy last year. That's the academic heisman. He completed most of classes in 3 years at UF. Please.
Yes I'm sure we travel in the same circles? Your probably 20 years younger than me. I don't even live in Gainesville. His accomplishments while being a student at UF have already been discussed. I suggest you reread.

FYI the William V. Campbell award is not just based on academics but also community service. Its as much a marketing tool for (healthsouth) as much as anything. Thus why it is usually given to players from major BCS bowl teams. You don't see it going to a player from Duke or Harvard. I know it very well.

honz
04-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Okay, so we are letting some trollish fan get us worked up. He is probably just the claymore of Florida fans.

BroncoJoe
04-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Sounds to me like kinggelato is an atheist and dislikes Tebow for religious reasons.

mateus
04-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Sounds to me like kinggelato is an atheist and dislikes Tebow for religious reasons.

isnt that the case with a majority of atheists?(not saying directly at Tebow or All atheists)

gatorpower
04-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes I'm sure we travel in the same circles?

We would only travel the same circles if I joined a carnival.

T.K.O.
04-24-2010, 02:45 PM
tim tebow is considered by many "experts" to possibly be the greatest college football player in history.he is the only qb to have rushed for and passed for 20 td's in a single season.
does that mean he will be a great nfl qb ? no way in hell
does that mean the team that drafts him could have an absolute playmaker on their hands ? hell yeah it does
we'll see,but to suggest that he cant wrap his tiny mind around an nfl playbook and learn to read defenses is absurd.
he did'nt just sign up for "rocket surgeon" it's mf football and dude has game:salute:

T.T.T (team tim tebow)
04-24-2010, 02:56 PM
tim tebow is considered by many "experts" to possibly be the greatest college football player in history.he is the only qb to have rushed for and passed for 20 td's in a single season.
does that mean he will be a great nfl qb ? no way in hell
does that mean the team that drafts him could have an absolute playmaker on their hands ? hell yeah it does
we'll see,but to suggest that he cant wrap his tiny mind around an nfl playbook and learn to read defenses is absurd.
he did'nt just sign up for "rocket surgeon" it's mf football and dude has game:salute:
We're gonna get along.

claymore
04-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Now all we need is a Team Brady Quinn!

T.K.O.
04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Now all we need is a Team Brady Quinn!

gotcha covered clay.....i'll be at the ready to change my name when the starter is decided:beer:
that's how i roll !
or did you say that to claim your rights to the name ?;)