PDA

View Full Version : Now I know what I'll do with my #15 Jersey

MileHighCrew
04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
I am not a fan of Tebow to this point, but in the spirit of embrassing change I will change the last name on my #15 authentic road jersey from Marshall to Tebow.

weazel
04-23-2010, 09:50 AM
then wipe your ass with it and throw it at McDaniels on the sideline.

MileHighCrew
04-23-2010, 09:53 AM
then wipe your ass with it and throw it at McDaniels on the sideline.

Yesterday I would have considered it, but I love the Broncos I always have my entire life. I am trying to accept, it is hard but I am trying

weazel
04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
serenity now!

horsemeat
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
One of the greatest NFL receivers of all time for a possible unproven starter or backup. I remember when things like this didn't happen too often. Keep the Marshall jersey! He is/was a bronco like Sharpe is/was still a bronco.

rationalfan
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
One of the greatest NFL receivers of all time for a possible unproven starter or backup. I remember when things like this didn't happen too often. Keep the Marshall jersey! He is/was a bronco like Sharpe is/was still a bronco.

marshall=one of the greatest receivers ever? really? calling that an overstatement is an understatement.

and while, like many of you, i'm not pleased with the tebow pick, it's curious that everyone thinks tebow will fail but pretty much every other pick won't. history tells us about 10 first round picks will fail. tebow might be one of them. but so could the player you thought denver should have selected. it's all projection right now.

horsemeat
04-23-2010, 11:38 PM
marshall=one of the greatest receivers ever? really? calling that an overstatement is an understatement.

and while, like many of you, i'm not pleased with the tebow pick, it's curious that everyone thinks tebow will fail but pretty much every other pick won't. history tells us about 10 first round picks will fail. tebow might be one of them. but so could the player you thought denver should have selected. it's all projection right now.

Don't get me wrong I think Tebow could be a great qb. But to dump the Marshall jersey for an unproven guy at this time is funny. I don't care what anyone says about Marshall. Anyone who became one of five players in NFL history to catch at least 100 passes in three consecutive seasons would be on my list for top nfl receivers.

ikillz0mbies
04-23-2010, 11:54 PM

As much as I didn't want Marshall out of Denver, to say he is one of the greatest NFL receivers of all time is totally jumping the gun. Almost laughable.....

horsemeat
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
As much as I didn't want Marshall out of Denver, to say he is one of the greatest NFL receivers of all time is totally jumping the gun. Almost laughable.....

I'm glad you find it funny. I'm not saying he is the greatest (Rice). To say that he wont be one of the greatest is a joke in itself. I'm not the orange glasses type of guy, but IMO Marshall is for real.

Italianmobstr7
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Marshall is a beast. I'm keeping my authentic Marshall jersey as a throwback. If I decide to get a Tebow one it won't be for a while. I am thinking about grabbing a Demaryius Thomas one though...

Shazam!
04-24-2010, 12:23 AM
One of the greatest NFL receivers of all time...

Brandon Marshall? You're out of your mind.

Not even the greatest Broncos receiver, let alone the League.

I'd take the Super Bowl Broncos WRs over Marshall any day. Sure they werent half the physical specimen Marshall is but Smith and Mc were character guys with excellent work ethic, hustlers on the Field, and lead by example.

Anyway back to topic, that's an excellent idea, changing your jersey to a Tebow. It's rare you can make a change like that. All I know is after Cutler I swore never to buy current Broncos jerseys again.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Calling any young and current player one of the greatest of all time is so stupid there's no word to describe it.

Don't be ridiculous.

MileHighCrew
04-24-2010, 08:27 AM
I love Marshall but I have enough throwbacks. Time for me to invest something into the McD era. As much as I loved Shanny, Cutler and Marshall they are not coming back and I am tired of being angry about it.
I just want to enjoy the Broncos again and supporting Tebow, who I was very vocal against drafting BTW, is a step in that direction.
Have I drank the McD kool-aid, no not at all, but I am trying to accept the new way

mateus
04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I love Marshall but I have enough throwbacks. Time for me to invest something into the McD era. As much as I loved Shanny, Cutler and Marshall they are not coming back and I am tired of being angry about it.
I just want to enjoy the Broncos again and supporting Tebow, who I was very vocal against drafting BTW, is a step in that direction.
Have I drank the McD kool-aid, no not at all, but I am trying to accept the new way

smart idea. i mean if your going to hate the sports team you love...that can't be a healthy relationship.

MileHighCrew
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
smart idea. i mean if your going to hate the sports team you love...that can't be a healthy relationship.

Spend some time around here it is very common

tomjonesrocks
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Brandon MarshallAll I know is after Cutler I swore never to buy current Broncos jerseys again.

There's an old post around here with me saying exactly the same thing. After having to eat deep losses on authentic Portis and Cutler jerseys--I am done with current players--am never going to change my mind on this.

claymore
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM
There's an old post around here with me saying exactly the same thing. After having to eat deep losses on authentic Portis and Cutler jerseys--I am done with current players--am never going to change my mind on this.

Cutler jersey burned me to. But where I live now having a Tebow jersey would get you out of a ticket. They love that SOB down here.

broncobryce
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Cutler jersey burned me to. But where I live now having a Tebow jersey would get you out of a ticket. They love that SOB down here.

You're probably in hell then. I'm assuming you hate him.

BroncoWave
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
I am not a fan of Tebow to this point, but in the spirit of embrassing change I will change the last name on my #15 authentic road jersey from Marshall to Tebow.

How do you do that? I want to do the same thing to my Marshall jersey.

MileHighCrew
04-25-2010, 08:03 AM
How do you do that? I want to do the same thing to my Marshall jersey.

If it is an authentic, you just change the name plate on the back, it is easy if a sports store will make you a Tebow one.

I have a lot of current player or recently former player jerseys. Yes I have been burned too, Cutler, Marshall, Mike Anderson, Portis, Price, Plummer ect. but it is my hobby and my wife understand so I will keep buying them.

Traveler
04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Won't jump on the Tebow bandwagon......yet.

Also no need to change the name on my #15 Jersey since Brandon and I share the same last name.

As for the remainer of the draft choices, JMFMcD & X-man did an awesome job.