PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents

OldManBronco
04-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Now that the draft is finally over, what players are out there that Denver could look at in filling out the squad?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Erin Henderson
Jamie Silva
Kerry Brown
Ezra Butler
Adarius Bowman
Darius Reynaud
Eric Young

Ziggy
04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Mike Dragosavich- P Monster leg, the job is open for competition, and what punter doesn't want to kick in altitude?

Ziggy
04-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Erin Henderson
Jamie Silva
Kerry Brown
Ezra Butler
Adarius Bowman
Darius Reynaud
Eric Young

If I had to put money on any FA coming in, it would probably be on Silva

shank
04-27-2008, 06:14 PM
henderson and woodyard would bring a smile to my face.

drago, just cause our newest punter already has an assault charge on his record, and those don't seem to fit well here for punters....

butler and silva would be nice too, i like both guys, but i don't see silva making our team with all of our safeties.

BigCurly1230
04-27-2008, 06:17 PM
How bout ...
Art Carmody
K
University of Louisville
holds the college football career record by being successful on 95.45 percent of his overall kicks (255-of-257 PATs, 60-of-73 field goals)
nicknamed: "Art-O-Matic"

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
henderson and woodyard would bring a smile to my face.

drago, just cause our newest punter already has an assault charge on his record, and those don't seem to fit well here for punters....

butler and silva would be nice too, i like both guys, but i don't see silva making our team with all of our safeties.

I like Woodyard as he also could fill in a Safety spot down the road he is fast as hell, hits like a freight train.. Had played LB after being asked to do so, he is a natural safety..

I thought he would be gone in the 4th.. Obviously something wrong medically or character I have not heard of..

shank
04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I like Woodyard as he also could fill in a Safety spot down the road he is fast as hell, hits like a freight train.. Had played LB after being asked to do so, he is a natural safety..

I thought he would be gone in the 4th.. Obviously something wrong medically or character I have not heard of..

i guess, i can't believe both he and barrett dropped so far. i didn't want a safety in this draft, but barrett has a lot of potential coming this late in the draft. he's a beast of an athlete, lets hope we can harness it.

another guy i'm intrigued by is danny woodhead. i know we have a lot of backs, but i would love to see us give the kid a chance, if he's gonna do well somewhere, it might as well be here.

nj10
04-27-2008, 06:34 PM
We need the Danny's. Woodhead and Amendola.

honz
04-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Jeremy Ito??? We still need a K.

Broncospsycho77
04-27-2008, 06:51 PM
We really lucked out with so few kickers and punters being drafted. Still some prime targets in the UDFA crowd.

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
but we only have so many slots available to fill who gets cut for UDFA's?

shank
04-27-2008, 07:11 PM
ooh, and mcmackin, the interior lineman.

Ziggy
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Woodhead signed with the Jets

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
shanahan said in his press conferance that we got another back. this one sounds like a smaller, quicker back. but, he said he had been scoping torain for awhile and had been really high on him.

good press conferance if you guys are wanting more details.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2618&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Nick
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Rumor has that Wesley Woodyard signed with us! :beer:

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Rumor has that Wesley Woodyard signed with us! :beer:

where did you hear that?

Nick
04-27-2008, 09:19 PM
where did you hear that?

Couple people said they heard it on NFL Radio and received a phone call.

Nick
04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Broncos RB Anthony Alridge (Houston) - what went into my toilet weighs more then him!
Broncos K Garrett Hartley (Oklahoma)

shank
04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
where are you getting these?

woodyard is sweet.
aldrige will be a wr
any k to compete is a good thing.

erin henderson should be a target.
and shawn mcmackin. get him.

Nick
04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
OT Mitch Erickson (South Dakota State) - not familiar with him

Nick
04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
where are you getting these?

woodyard is sweet.
aldrige will be a wr
any k to compete is a good thing.

erin henderson should be a target.
and shawn mcmackin. get him.

I am pleased with Aldrige. I really liked him in college but needs some weight!

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Broncos RB Anthony Alridge (Houston) - what went into my toilet weighs more then him!

well, alridge fits the description.

JONtheBRONCO
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Alridge - 259 rushes 1597 yards 14 TD's, 42 receptions 428 yards 3 TD's

Roommate played with him in HS, said he's super quick and very fast.

200 + yards vs. Oregon
2 other 200 + yard games
100 vs. Alabama
4 other 100 + yard games

Combine 40: 4.36.

May not be the biggest cat in the alley, but he does add speed and experience to the roster... Maybe a KR? Scat back?

MOtorboat
04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Danny Woodhead!

shank
04-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Broncos RB Anthony Alridge (Houston)
Broncos T Mitch Erickson (South Dakota State)
Broncos T Tyler Polumbus (Colorado)
Broncos P Brett Kern (Toledo)
Broncos WR Lorne Sam (Texas-El Paso)
http://fflivewire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128822

plus wesely woodyard, but no link on that one yet.

p and k look like they are both good enough to compete.

studbucket
04-28-2008, 07:25 AM
I would like to see Ali Highsmith (LB, LSU) brought in.

studbucket
04-28-2008, 07:42 AM
MHR Posted our list of signings: http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/4/28/462163/2008-nfl-draft-denver-sign

Follow the link and read their more in-depth analysis.

Anthony Alridge (WR - Houston)
K Garrett Hartley (Oklahoma)
T Mitch Erickson (South Dakota State)
T Tyler Polumbus (Colorado)
P Brett Kern (Toledo)
WR Lorne Sam (Texas-El Paso)
OLB Wesley Woodyard (Kentucky)

shank
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I would like to see Ali Highsmith (LB, LSU) brought in.

i liked erin henderson a lot more. he ended up with the vikings.

Slick
04-28-2008, 11:40 AM
http://fflivewire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128822

plus wesely woodyard, but no link on that one yet.

p and k look like they are both good enough to compete.

I'm stoked about Polumbus. I think he only gave up one sack last year at CU. He can at least offer up some competition at the RT spot.

I read somewhere on BC that Woodyard is coming to camp too.

Anyone know why Highsmith wasn't drafted? Of the LSU games I saw, he was the best player on that defense not named Dorsey.

NightTrainLayne
04-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Hartley's a good Kicker. Pretty accurate, but maybe not as powerful as some.

As an OU fan, I was never worried though when we brought him out. He can kick at the NFL level.

D1g1tal j1m
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Brett Kern was one of three finalist for the 2007 Ray Guy Award, given out to the nation's top punter. He averaged 46.1 yards per punt as a senior this past season, 2nd best average in the country. He was named the MAC Special Teams Player of the Year and also earned 3rd Team All-America honors by the Associated Press and Rivals.com

D1g1tal j1m
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Positives: Before 2007, he was a model of consistency in all phases of his kicking game - field goals, placements and kickoffs … Has just adequate leg extension and flexibility, but drives the ball with good explosion … Needs to improve the rise of his placements and the hang time on his kickoffs, but is very accurate from either hash on intermediate field-goal tries … Has enough strength in his legs to power through the longer field-goal attempts (just not asked to do it often) … Gets enough lift on his field goals to reduce the blocks he had earlier in his career … Even with his slower kick times in 2007, he did a good job of adjusting to pressure … Gets the ball up with good lift (erratic in 2007) and is very accurate on three-point tries inside the 40-yard line … Has enough leg strength to drive his kicks through the wind … Cool under pressure and is good at blocking out field distractions … Has the functional strength to assist the coverage team as a tackler.

Negatives: Known for his consistency and accuracy, Hartley seemed to be rushing his placement kicks often in 2007, resulting in his five misses … Has good leg strength, but seemed to lack explosion behind his kickoff attempts as a senior (averaged a career-best 66.8-yard distance average, but after having just 55.1 percent of his kickoffs returned during his first three seasons, 72.1 percent of his kickoffs were returned in 2007) … Functional tackler as the last line of defense in kick coverage, but needs to do a better job of wrapping, rather than colliding with the returner (seven returners were able to gain at least another 10 yards after bouncing off his tackle attempts the last two years) … His kickoffs seemed to lose their height as a senior (his placements were also lower than his standard) and this greatly reduced his hang time (averaged 4.34 second per kickoff the first three years, but only 3.89 seconds as a senior) … Has run afoul with the coaching staff for his off-field partying and needs to show better judgment and maturity in the locker room (has been in the coach's doghouse) … The pop and drive he displayed in his kicking approach was too inconsistent as a senior and his snap-to-toe timing is just adequate (1.34-second average in 2007, compared to 1.28 in 2006).

Compares To: PHIL DAWSON-Cleveland … A model of consistency during his first three years, Hartley had a few chinks in his armor as a senior, as he uncharacteristically hit more than several kicks off the side of his foot, especially on placements, where he missed five as a senior. He got very good distance on his kickoffs, but more than a few were low, line drive types, leading to more than 70 percent of them being returned. It just seemed like he was distracted all season. He does have the leg to kick in the pro ranks, but must show that he is serious about his craft.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Ali Highsmith is garbage. He benefitted from a mean inside which flushed runners his way. He is slow, misses tackles and is vastly undersized. Not very athletic. Their D was very overrated once people stayed away from the middle. The outside was soft and a step slow. Ask McFadden and plenty of others who put up points vs their "vaunted D".

G_Money
04-28-2008, 04:48 PM
MHR Posted our list of signings: http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/4/28/462163/2008-nfl-draft-denver-sign

OLB Wesley Woodyard (Kentucky)

Follow the link and read their more in-depth analysis.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Articles/20071211/293.home.alone.121107.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

:coffee:

Ahem.

I freakin' love that kid. If he really signed with us, prepare to either a) scrap that Kou/Larsen/Webster thing in the middle and leave DJ there with Woodyard STARTING at the Will, or b) have to lose a safety like Hamza because we're moving Wesley there ASAP.

This is a really happy day for me if we got Wes. And he's ANOTHER high-character guy. All-academic, all-charity rolemodel kid who just has a non-stop motor and can tackle the moon.

That SERIOUSLY upgrades our draft-day work, at least for me. I can go home happy now. Thanks y'all. :salute:

~G