PDA

View Full Version : The blind side for a lefty?

DenBronx
04-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Ok so say that Tebow does make it in the NFL. He's a lefty so who is the blind side for him? LT Ryan "Sweet Feet" Clady? RT Ryan Harris? Does Clady and Harris switch or do they just stay at their natural positions? WTH!!! :confused:

Do we go after linemen that can move around to multiple positions??? that's what she said

If we have an injury this will screw up the whole chemistry of the o-line moving them all around for righty.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-23-2010, 03:17 AM
In last year's presser when orton was hurt McD stressed that they won't change the system to accommodate a qb. Of course it's a bit different now.

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 03:22 AM
hen I was posting earlier today I mentioned when we got Tebow we would have to find a Blind side OT to protect him.

I personally do not trust Harris to be that guy. I do not think we have to worry about it all that much this year but in 2011 that could be another story all together,

dogfish
04-23-2010, 03:25 AM
hen I was posting earlier today I mentioned when we got Tebow we would have to find a Blind side OT to protect him.

we have arguably the best blindside protector in the whole league, why would we need another?

i'm pretty sure clady can play on the right side. . .

BroncoBJ
04-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Tebow doesn't need anyone on his blindside. Thats how good he is. :elefant:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Ask Lancane - Tebow has eyes in the back of his head.

LordTrychon
04-23-2010, 03:37 AM
Wait...

Is Clady a lefty or a righty?

LordTrychon
04-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Do you mean Tebow, not Clady?

Cause Tebow is a lefty.

Right... but can Clady lefty-block? ;)

Hoser
04-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Right... but can Clady lefty-block? ;)

I'm sure he can learn how to. It'd take some adjustment but I'm sure he could do it.

Where did my earlier post go? :confused:

DenBronx
04-23-2010, 03:47 AM
we have arguably the best blindside protector in the whole league, why would we need another?

i'm pretty sure clady can play on the right side. . .

it's like asking a qb to change his throwing motion. clady would have to completely reverse everything.

LordTrychon
04-23-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm sure he can learn how to. It'd take some adjustment but I'm sure he could do it.

:confused: I don't know.

I know I'm not insane. Not yet.

dogfish
04-23-2010, 03:55 AM
it's like asking a qb to change his throwing motion. clady would have to completely reverse everything.

if guys like matt lepsis and tony jones could effectively make the transition from right to left, i feel pretty confident that a massively talented guy like clady can pull off the reverse. . . not saying it's guaranteed, but it sure isn't high on my list of worries. . .

LordTrychon
04-23-2010, 04:07 AM
if guys like matt lepsis and tony jones could effectively make the transition from right to left, i feel pretty confident that a massively talented guy like clady can pull off the reverse. . . not saying it's guaranteed, but it sure isn't high on my list of worries. . .

And Erik Pears! He was an ambi-blocker too!

Tned
04-23-2010, 08:58 AM

You deleted it. It says, "message deleted by Hoser"

TXBRONC
04-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Ok so say that Tebow does make it in the NFL. He's a lefty so who is the blind side for him? LT Ryan "Sweet Feet" Clady? RT Ryan Harris? Does Clady and Harris switch or do they just stay at their natural positions? WTH!!! :confused:

Do we go after linemen that can move around to multiple positions??? that's what she said

If we have an injury this will screw up the whole chemistry of the o-line moving them all around for righty.

The Raiders had Hall of Fame LT with a left handed starting quarterback.

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I think Harris healthy could easily do it.
Rumor here a while ago was that Shanahan was interested in Harris as a LT in WASH.
Hes a pretty damn good player, and to me, when healthy, hes a top 3 RT in the NFL.
As long as Harris is healthy, i would not be worried.

Lonestar
04-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Then of course the new OT that we just got from UT might be a backup for ORT when Tebow starts.

By taking extra OLINE in rounds 2 & 3 I'll but Josh was hedging bets because knaedles can play all the positions on the Oline.

Now how many of Y'all still think Josh made mistakes taking Thomas and Tebow. He got some great players in rds 2 and 3.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.