PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead To Day Two

getlynched47
04-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Alright, I'm done complaining and whining about the Tebow and Thomas picks. As much as I dislike the picks, they're not going to change magically. All I can do is hope for the best and pray that they pan out and become excellent football players.

Time to look forward:

2nd and 3rd round tomorrow, and we have three picks in those two rounds. I fully anticipate the Broncos being aggressive, but just for simplicities sake, I'm going to post my day 2 predictions for us. Let me know what you think.

2nd round pick- C Matt Tennant
I know, it a little bit of a reach. But we CAN NOT afford to let the center get away from us. We didn't address it today, so it MUST be addressed tomorrow. I think it's too risky to wait until the 3rd round to pick him up. I prefer Tennant to Walton because Tennant has more athleticism, which projects better in our spread offense, and he's a much better pass-protector. Additionally, his frame has not reached its full potential, and he can easily add 10+ pounds without losing his athletic edge over JD Walton.

3rd round pick- DL Torell Troup
He would be a great addition to our line rotation. I can see Troup playing all three positions on a 3-4 defensive line. He adds an infusion of youth to the line along with versatility. He's an ideal pick here because he fills a need and is also great value. (Alternate is DL Lamarr Houston)

3rd round pick- ILB Brandon Spikes
I can't begin to tell you guys how much I like Brandon Spikes. Hell I'd trade up to draft him. In all sincerity, I don't think the gap between McClain and Spikes is huge. They're both great leaders, solid tacklers, smart and instinctive players, and premiere linebackers. People forget that Spikes was a premiere linebacker before his infamous eye-gouging incident and slow 40 time. What he lacks in speed he makes up with intelligence and instinct, evidenced by his 6 interceptions in his last 2 seasons at Florida. He'd bring a physical presence, and be that young leader that we desperately need. (Alternate RB Toby Gerhart/ OLB Koa Misi)

Thoughts?

Shazam!
04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I disagree and think the Broncos had a great first day, but I read too that Tennant was probably the best C in the Draft. Definitely need a C and probably one the biggests O needs that must be addressed.

CrazyHorse
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Looks good. I'd prefer OG over DL though.

Nickademus
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM
I am still shell shocked the avs loss didnt help. I will expect us to be agressive tomorrow. I dont even question wether we will trade next years first you can kiss that goodbye hopefully we will get some decent o-line help in Ducase and walton/tennant (no I really dont care how they spell their names) throw in spikes and watch as these are the only players who are still on the team in three years. **** I hate mcD.

Northman
04-23-2010, 12:48 AM
If one things for certain is that McD doesnt think the same as many fans do. I see him picking more selections that will be contributing 3 years from now but not right now.

dogfish
04-23-2010, 12:52 AM
2. lamarr houston
3a. eric norwood
3b. JD walton

:werd:

getlynched47
04-23-2010, 12:57 AM
2. lamarr houston
3a. eric norwood
3b. JD walton

:werd:

IMO, Troup is more versatile than Houston, and like I said I feel Tennant will be the better, most complete center :D

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Here's some names to look for in day 2:

JD Walton
Matt Tennant
Lamarr Houston
Rodger Saffold
Terrance Cody
Vladimir Ducasse
Linval Joseph
Cam Thomas
Jon Asamoah
Torrell Troup
Al Woods
Brandon Spikes
Sean Lee
Donald Butler

My picks:
Round 2- Vladimir Ducasse
Round 3- Brandon Spikes
Round 3- JD Walton

dogfish
04-23-2010, 01:10 AM
IMO, Troup is more versatile than Houston, and like I said I feel Tennant will be the better, most complete center :D

that's fine, and i don't hate either of those guys, but i'll counter that walton is clearly the better fit for the scheme we want to run-- and a pure run-stopping five-technique is a more immediate need than a guy with nosetackle versatility. . . fields and baker gives us some youth at NT, but beyond the serviceable-at-best mcbean we got jack and shit for young ability at the five-tech. . .

DenBronx
04-23-2010, 01:15 AM
We need to pick Vladimir Ducasse, Brandon Spikes and the highest rated center.

This would be a very good draft if we could do that.

ikillz0mbies
04-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Alright, I'm done complaining and whining about the Tebow and Thomas picks. As much as I dislike the picks, they're not going to change magically. All I can do is hope for the best and pray that they pan out and become excellent football players.

Time to look forward:

2nd and 3rd round tomorrow, and we have three picks in those two rounds. I fully anticipate the Broncos being aggressive, but just for simplicities sake, I'm going to post my day 2 predictions for us. Let me know what you think.

I know, it a little bit of a reach. But we CAN NOT afford to let the center get away from us. We didn't address it today, so it MUST be addressed tomorrow. I think it's too risky to wait until the 3rd round to pick him up. I prefer Tennant to Walton because Tennant has more athleticism, which projects better in our spread offense, and he's a much better pass-protector. Additionally, his frame has not reached its full potential, and he can easily add 10+ pounds without losing his athletic edge over JD Walton.

He would be a great addition to our line rotation. I can see Troup playing all three positions on a 3-4 defensive line. He adds an infusion of youth to the line along with versatility. He's an ideal pick here because he fills a need and is also great value. (Alternate is DL Lamarr Houston)

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I like Brandon Spikes. Hell I'd trade up to draft him. In all sincerity, I don't think the gap between McClain and Spikes is huge. They're both great leaders, solid tacklers, smart and instinctive players, and premiere linebackers. People forget that Spikes was a premiere linebacker before his infamous eye-gouging incident and slow 40 time. What he lacks in speed he makes up with intelligence and instinct, evidenced by his 6 interceptions in his last 2 seasons at Florida. He'd bring a physical presence, and be that young leader that we desperately need. (Alternate RB Toby Gerhart/ OLB Koa Misi)

Thoughts?

Barring any trades, I find this scenario very realistic. I wouldn't have a problem at all with Tennant. But will Spikes fall that far to the 3rd? If he did, he would be a GREAT value pick. I don't know anything about Troup.

getlynched47
04-23-2010, 01:17 AM
that's fine, and i don't hate either of those guys, but i'll counter that walton is clearly the better fit for the scheme we want to run-- and a pure run-stopping five-technique is a more immediate need than a guy with nosetackle versatility. . . fields and baker gives us some youth at NT, but beyond the serviceable-at-best mcbean we got jack and shit for young ability at the five-tech. . .

How is Walton the better fit? He's not a great pass protector. I agree he's a better run blocker than Tennant, but he's also hit his peak in potential IMO. Tennant is the type of guy that gets better and better with each and every game.

The only reason I say Troup over Houston is because Troup can play DE and NT in a 3-4. Ronnie Fields' contract is up after 2010 and Jamal Williams is 34 years old so we need to get some insurance at the Nose Tackle position IMO. Lamarr Houston is a very good player, but I don't think he is as versatile as Troup. He can't play Nose Tackle.

Shazam!
04-23-2010, 01:18 AM
I see him picking more selections that will be contributing 3 years from now but not right now.

I'd rather watch Denver try to slowly build a talented balanced contender than what was the alternative, bringing in those quality guys like Simeon Rice, Dan Wilkinsen, Travis Henry, etc.

ikillz0mbies
04-23-2010, 01:20 AM
I'd rather watch Denver try to slowly build a talented balanced contender than what was the alternative, bringing in those quality guys like Simeon Rice, Dan Wilkinsen, Travis Henry, etc.

Don't ever mention those names again....it hurt when I saw those guys hit the field......yikes.

DenBronx
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
How is Walton the better fit? He's not a great pass protector. I agree he's a better run blocker than Tennant, but he's also hit his peak in potential IMO. Tennant is the type of guy that gets better and better with each and every game.

The only reason I say Troup over Houston is because Troup can play DE and NT in a 3-4. Ronnie Fields' contract is up after 2010 and Jamal Williams is 34 years old so we need to get some insurance at the Nose Tackle position IMO. Lamarr Houston is a very good player, but I don't think he is as versatile as Troup. He can't play Nose Tackle.

Did we cut Carlton Powell?

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
JD Walton is the nastiest player in this draft. His pass blocking skills are not as good as Tennant's, but he's a bull-dozer in the run game. Think of Tom Nalen with an extra 20 pounds of beef on his frame.

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
I'd like to see

tennent or walton at OC there is a littler guy that was the rep king can't remember his name

We only brought ducasse in IIRC from the OG class so would not be surprised to see his name.

And I suspect we see Cody picked as heir apparent to Willams. now that Dan Williams is gone.

not sure what order they go in but those would probably be my preferences.

I'm hoping now that we seem to have the skill spots filled we keep the rest of our picks to LOS folks, also looking at a ILB and TE, (which seems be on each NE draft)

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
JD Walton is the nastiest player in this draft. His pass blocking skills are not as good as Tennant's, but he's a bull-dozer in the run game. Think of Tom Nalen with an extra 20 pounds of beef on his frame.

hmm the nail gun :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ikillz0mbies
04-23-2010, 01:33 AM
I'd like to see

tennent or walton at OC there is a littler guy that was the rep king can't remember his name

We only brought ducasse in IIRC from the OG class so would not be surprised to see his name.

And I suspect we see Cody picked as heir apparent to Willams. now that Dan Williams is gone.

not sure what order they go in but those would probably be my preferences.

I'm hoping now that we seem to have the skill spots filled we keep the rest of our picks to LOS folks, also looking at a ILB and TE, (which seems be on each NE draft)

I'm still iffy on Mt. Cody just because of the weight issues....

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Who cares.

Fire McDipSit already.

Guys a ******* joke and is ruining this organization with his god aweful decisions.

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Who cares.

Fire McDipSit already.

Guys a ******* joke and is ruining this organization with his god aweful decisions.

Another intelligently thought out, insightful post. What a breath of fresh air!

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Another intelligently thought out, insightful post. What a breath of fresh air!

Can you please tell me what McDipShit traded to Baltimore, for a project who would have fallen to us in the second round?

At least enlighten me with that.

xzn
04-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Can you please tell me what McDipShit traded to Baltimore, for a project who would have fallen to us in the second round?

At least enlighten me with that.

Tebow would not have lasted to 43... :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Tebow would not have lasted to 43... :coffee:

Sure he would of. He would ahve lasted to the third round. Anybody telling you different, is pulling a sell job, like the GM's and Tebow apparently did with McDipShit.

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Sure he would of. He would ahve lasted to the third round. Anybody telling you different, is pulling a sell job, like the GM's and Tebow apparently did with McDipShit.

Ummm.... as things were developing, it was being reported, on multiple stations and by multiple sources, that the Bills were trying to put together a package to make the deal with Baltimore.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Ummm.... as things were developing, it was being reported, on multiple stations and by multiple sources, that the Bills were trying to put together a package to make the deal with Baltimore.

LMAO Not you too.

We all know that was a sell job to get McDipShit to trade up for a "project".

Looks like it worked.

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 02:04 AM
LMAO Not you too.

We all know that was a sell job to get McDipShit to trade up for a "project".

Looks like it worked.

Wait... are you seriously trying to claim that the Bills were trying to play the Broncos? The same team that just drafted Spiller when they already had Jackson and Lynch is then going to play games about Tebow?

Not bloody likely.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Wait... are you seriously trying to claim that the Bills were trying to play the Broncos? The same team that just drafted Spiller when they already had Jackson and Lynch is then going to play games about Tebow?

Not bloody likely.

In case you are unaware, Spiller can line up in the slot as a WR, so he isn;t taking that many touches away from Jackson and Lynch.

And LMAO at using the BIlls as an example of looking for a QB.

"If the BIlls think he could be a QB, then he must be a stud..."

lulz

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Did we cut Carlton Powell? pretty sure he is gone and now only have one bonafide guy behind Williams, Chris Baker

here is the roster for now.
93 Green, Jarvis DL 6' 3" 285 31 9th Louisiana State UFA (NE)-'10
91 Fields, Ronald DL 6' 2" 314 28 6th Mississippi State UFA(SF)- '09
Bannan, Justin DL 6' 3" 310 30 9th Colorado UFA (Balt)-'10
79 Thomas, Marcus DL 6' 3" 316 24 4th Florida D4- '07
97 Smith, Le Kevin DL 6' 3" 308 27 5th Nebraska T (NEP)-'09
Williams, Jamal DL 6' 3" 348 34 13th Oklahoma State UFA (SD)-'10
75 Baker, Chris DL 6' 2" 329 22 2nd Hampton CFA- '09

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm still iffy on Mt. Cody just because of the weight issues....
I'm not excited there either but YOU know IF OUR all pro CB had to work not eh fatty squad till he got intuit shape I suspect they are serious as a heart attack (JR humor) about conditioning and since he was brought in he knows it and they would not be worried about taking him if he knows.

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 02:12 AM
Bannan plays the nose also.

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 02:13 AM
Cody would be great in round 2. He may not be on the field for 3 downs, but he'll be an elite run stopper.

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 02:18 AM
In case you are unaware, Spiller can line up in the slot as a WR, so he isn;t taking that many touches away from Jackson and Lynch.

And LMAO at using the BIlls as an example of looking for a QB.

"If the BIlls think he could be a QB, then he must be a stud..."

lulz

Ok, at this point, you've got to be just yanking our chains.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:20 AM
Ok, at this point, you've got to be just yanking our chains.

Well, I thought McDaniels was yanking all our chains when he allowed Baltimore to rape us in a trade involving a guy that's probably going to be a better Hback than QB.

But I was wrong.

cuzz4169
04-23-2010, 02:20 AM
I live in Buffalo and word is they wanted Tebow bad late in rd one.

By the way I love the 2 picks. But because Josh and STAFF hasn't picked the guys you like as a FAN with no credentials you want him fired or he sucks. It takes 3 years for a pro coach and 5 years for a college coach to build his team give it a chance. If you were the GM which your NOT and NEVER will be then you can pick your guys. so stick to madden and your trades & draft there.

So my last question is to everyone if these two guys turn out to be studs what do you say? Don't answer they wont because, if you were for sure you could be making a lot of money instead of working at walmart.

Just so everyone is aware this is not to one individual its to all the turds that whine and cry about moves made by the Broncos...plz go cheer for another team then!

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:26 AM
By the way I love the 2 picks.

I've backed McDipShit since the very beginning. If you were on this bhoard anytime in the last year you would have known that.

But his endless search of throwing draft picks away in hopes of hitting the lottery with a QB has grown old on me.

I'm even starting to think he threw away the last half of the season intentionally.

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Well, I thought McDaniels was yanking all our chains when he allowed Baltimore to rape us in a trade involving a guy that's probably going to be a better Hback than QB.

But I was wrong.

They gave up a 3rd round pick and switched positions in the fourth in order to move up from 43 to 25. What the hell are you crying for?

The First round, after all the trades, netted the team its wide receiver, QB prospect and an extra 3rd round pick.

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Bannan plays the nose also.

I'm talking bona fide NT that is great at it. we will have to get one either this year or next even if Baker beams the eventual starter some one to rotate with him.
Unless your carrying 330plus and most of that is muscle as a NT your not going to be UBER effective all season. IMO Yes I know there are a few like the kid from DAL but for the most part the great NT are all 330 + some are 360+ but I doubt they could survive 8 games at altitude.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:30 AM
They gave up a 3rd round pick and switched positions in the fourth in order to move up from 43 to 25. What the hell are you crying for?

The First round, after all the trades, netted the team its wide receiver, QB prospect and an extra 3rd round pick.

We drafted Tim Tebow in the first round. That's what I'm crying for.

Apparently McDipShit thinks he can just pray his way to a playoff win.

If he wanted a QB, at least get a guy like Clausen, not some hybrid project Akili Smith wannabe that can't read defenses.

OMG I think I'm going to be sick....

:yuck:

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 02:31 AM
To get this thread back on track....

McDaniels hasn't gone against anything he said in his pre-draft interview. He said that the Broncos were interested in every prospect they brought in. So far, they've drafted 2 of them. Thomas said he had a meeting with the Broncos on Monday, and we know that they talked to Tebow twice. McD was very high on Tebow in the interview, and he traded back into the 1st to get him. I look forward to tomorrow's picks. Here's the list of 2nd and 3rd rounders that we know Denver has visited with that are projected for round 2 and 3 and are still on the board:

ROUND 2
NT Terrance Cody
OL Vladimir Ducasse
WR Damian Williams
TE Rob Gronkowski
WR Eric Decker
C Matt Tennant
C JD Walton
WR Carlton Mitchell
WR Mardy Gilyard
LB Koa Misi
NT/DE Torrell Troup
RB Toby Gerhart
RB Montario Hardesty
WR/RB Dexter McCluster
WR Mardy Gilyard
OL Jared Veldheer
WR Jordan Shipley
DE Al Woods
QB Tony Pike
WR Jacoby Ford
DE CJ Wilson
OL Zane Beadles

There is also a thread with the names for players in every round that we visited with in the draft thread.

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 02:32 AM
We drafted Tim Tebow in the first round. That's what I'm crying for.

Apparently McDipShit thinks he can just pray his way to a playoff win.

If he wanted a QB, at least get a guy like Clausen, not some hybrid project Akili Smith wannabe that can't read defenses.

OMG I think I'm going to be sick....

:yuck:

Wait..... you're bitching about Tebow, but you'd be ok with Clausen?

:lol:

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 02:33 AM
I've backed McDipShit since the very beginning. If you were on this bhoard anytime in the last year you would have known that.

But his endless search of throwing draft picks away in hopes of hitting the lottery with a QB has grown old on me.

I'm even starting to think he threw away the last half of the season intentionally.

FWIW it may be time to hang them up for the night and bring back a fresh perspective during the draft tomorrow.:D

Your a better poster than this.:salute:

cuzz4169
04-23-2010, 02:33 AM
For day two I like Spikes, Cody, Kindle, Mays, Tate, Dunlap & Vlad. I'm really high on Dunlap. OG & C you can find later in the draft or sign one when cuts are made we will find someone.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Wait..... you're bitching about Tebow, but you'd be ok with Clausen?

:lol:

At least Clausen can read a defense, and make every throw on the field. SOmething Tim Tebow cannot do. That is important in the NFL you know.

...and I woiuld have been al;most as sick as CLausen....

I am glad McDipShit traded Peyton Hillis for basically a 5th round pick though. That was outstanding.

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 02:36 AM
At least Clausen can read a defense, and make every throw on the field. SOmething Tim Tebow cannot do. That is important in the NFL you know.

I am glad McDipShit traded Peyton Hillis for basically a 5th round pick though. That was outstanding.

Clausen sucks. Hillis was wildly overrated by Broncos fans. Tebow showed enough to impress Gruden, who knows a bit about QBs.

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 02:36 AM

McDaniels hasn't gone against anything he said in his pre-draft interview. He said that the Broncos were interested in every prospect they brought in. So far, they've drafted 2 of them. Thomas said he had a meeting with the Broncos on Monday, and we know that they talked to Tebow twice. McD was very high on Tebow in the interview, and he traded back into the 1st to get him. I look forward to tomorrow's picks. Here's the list of 2nd and 3rd rounders that we know Denver has visited with that are projected for round 2 and 3 and are still on the board:

ROUND 2
NT Terrance Cody
OL Vladimir Ducasse
WR Damian Williams
TE Rob Gronkowski
WR Eric Decker
C Matt Tennant
C JD Walton
WR Carlton Mitchell
WR Mardy Gilyard
LB Koa Misi
NT/DE Torrell Troup
RB Toby Gerhart
RB Montario Hardesty
WR/RB Dexter McCluster
WR Mardy Gilyard
OL Jared Veldheer
WR Jordan Shipley
DE Al Woods
QB Tony Pike
WR Jacoby Ford
DE CJ Wilson
OL Zane Beadles

There is also a thread with the names for players in every round that we visited with in the draft thread.
I for one would like Gerhard on Saturday If he is still around.

Him, Moreno and Tebow in the back field

WHO you gonna cover? (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Clausen sucks. Hillis was wildly overrated by Broncos fans. Tebow showed enough to impress Gruden, who knows a bit about QBs.

Gruden doesn't know QB's like Dilfer does, who's been spot on with every QB since Aaron Rodgers. He has almost a 100% hit rate since he became an analyst, and has stated Tebow isn't even a 3rd round value as a QB.

And John Gruden has changed his tune about Tebow, when people are talking about Tebow being a top QB prospect, so there goes that theory.

cuzz4169
04-23-2010, 02:39 AM

How can't tebow read a defense...If he was so bad why was his int. to TD ratio so good? The guy made great decisions with the ball. He has a big arm so not making every throw I dont get. By the way I am a gators fan so I have watched him for four years every game not just highlights. I love the pick and fans will grow to like like him I believe he will be a great player in the NFL.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:42 AM
How can't tebow read a defense...If he was so bad why was his int. to TD ratio so good? The guy made great decisions with the ball. He has a big arm so not making every throw I dont get. By the way I am a gators fan so I have watched him for four years every game not just highlights. I love the pick and fans will grow to like like him I believe he will be a great player in the NFL.

For one, Meyer has stated repeated number of times through Tebow's career that he "dumbified" the offense, keeping it simple for Tebow, who struggled to go through progressions. He also has a big arm, with not a lot of accuracy. His TD-int ration is a stretch, playing in a spread system that benefits QB stats.

And fwiw, I don't hate Tebow. I hate what Denver has "invested" to get Tebow, who has shown absolutely nothing in terms of being an NFL QB, other than the ability to change his motion without wearing pads.

Brilliant...

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Gruden doesn't know QB's like Dilfer does...

:shocked:

Ok, that tells me all I need to know right there.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:45 AM
:shocked:

Ok, that tells me all I need to know right there.

How about Dilfer's opinions on QB in the last few years, which has been signifciantly higher than Gruden's?

Gruden also said JaMarcus Russell was going to be the next big thing, where Dilfer said he was lazy and would not amount to much.

But I bet you won't go there, will you?

cuzz4169
04-23-2010, 02:48 AM
For one, Meyer has stated repeated number of times through Tebow's career that he "dumbified" the offense, keeping it simple for Tebow, who struggled to go through progressions. He also has a big arm, with not a lot of accuracy. His TD-int ration is a stretch, playing in a spread system that benefits QB stats.

And fwiw, I don't hate Tebow. I hate what Denver has "invested" to get Tebow, who has shown absolutely nothing in terms of being an NFL QB, other than the ability to change his motion without wearing pads.

Brilliant...
I have never heard Meyer or read where he has ever said that. And prove to me that the spread offense benefits QB stats...There are a lot of teams who run it and we are not talking about their QBs. I just dont get the accuracy thing either...have you watched or just passing along other peoples info?

Passing Stats
YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2006 FLA 22 33 66.7 358 10.8 5 55 1 201.73
2007 FLA 234 350 66.9 3286 9.4 32 66 6 172.47
2008 FLA 192 298 64.4 2746 9.2 30 70 4 172.37
2009 FLA 213 314 67.8 2895 9.2 21 80 5 164.17
Rushing Stats
YEAR TEAM ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
2006 FLA 89 469 5.3 29 8 0 0 0
2007 FLA 210 895 4.3 25 23 0 0 0
2008 FLA 176 673 3.8 26 12 0 0 0
2009 FLA 217 910 4.2 55 14 0 0 0

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=183484

here are teams who run the spread

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4327427

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 02:49 AM
How about Dilfer's opinions on QB in the last few years, which has been signifciantly higher than Gruden's?

Gruden also said JaMarcus Russell was going to be the next big thing, where Dilfer said he was lazy and would not amount to much.

But I bet you won't go there, will you?

Gruden worked with QBs for a living. Dilfer was a QB disappointment for a living. Nobody's perfect and Gruden will make mistakes like everyone else, but claiming that Dilfer knows QBs better than Gruden is just insanity.

Lonestar
04-23-2010, 02:50 AM

Brilliant...

Just exactly what did they invest in Tebow? a second third and fourth of which we are getting back their fourth. the second was ours but we still have one, the third was someone else s but we still have two of them.

SO basically we gave up a 43 pick and a 70 something and moved back 4 picks in the fourth pick for a 25 pick.

Just how do you not see the value there?

Sorry but it looks like some great value to me.

OK FOLKS I'm going to bed so PLAY NICE NICE or Gem will get you in the morning.:salute:

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Gruden worked with QBs for a living. Dilfer was a QB disappointment for a living. Nobody's perfect and Gruden will make mistakes like everyone else, but claiming that Dilfer knows QBs better than Gruden is just insanity.

Yea, Gruden really hit a homerun in TB with Griese, Gradkowski, and Simms, didn't he?

Lulz.....

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:51 AM
And prove to me that the spread offense benefits QB stats...

You're joking right? You don't need to look past the Big 12 to figure that one out.....LMAO

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Just exactly what did they invest in Tebow? a second third and fourth of which we are getting back their fourth. the second was ours but we still have one, the third was someone else s but we still have two of them.

SO basically we gave up a 43 pick and a 70 something and moved back 4 picks in the fourth pick for a 25 pick.

Just how do you not see the value there?

Sorry but it looks like some great value to me.

OK FOLKS I'm going to bed so PLAY NICE NICE or Gem will get you in the morning.:salute:

For a project QB? C'mon man......we got needs all over the place.

How about McDipShit actually focuses on building a team, than trying to play god with the QB position? That helps you know.

cuzz4169
04-23-2010, 02:55 AM
You're joking right? You don't need to look past the Big 12 to figure that one out.....LMAO

Does the big 12 play defense?

dogfish
04-23-2010, 02:57 AM

walton is a better fit because he's bigger and stronger and projects as a better drive blocker. . . tennant's best (physical) asset is his athleticism and mobility-- he's ideal for a ZBS, but he's not the type of man-to-man mauler we should be looking for. . . pass protection isn't AS important in a scheme built around three-step drops and getting the ball out quickly-- especially when we just drafted a QB with top mobility. . .

McDaniels hasn't gone against anything he said in his pre-draft interview.

in fairness, he did say he thought we could get guys who could contribute early with our high picks, and i very much question whether we accomplished that at all today. . .

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Does the big 12 play defense?

Thanks for making the Jay Cutler trade look that much worse for McDipShit. I can appreciate that.

Tempus Fugit
04-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Yea, Gruden really hit a homerun in TB with Griese, Gradkowski, and Simms, didn't he?

Lulz.....

And more evidence, not that it was needed. Well, I'll just back out slowly, to be safe.

Enjoy your insane ramblings!

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 03:03 AM
And more evidence, not that it was needed. Well, I'll just back out slowly, to be safe.

Enjoy your insane ramblings!

I know dude......Chris Simms.....I too once thought Gruden knew QB's.

cuzz4169
04-23-2010, 03:03 AM
For a project QB? C'mon man......we got needs all over the place.

Ok people keep saying we have a lot of needs where? QB is one WR is another arguably.....OG or C. We signed 3 DL who will all probably start. You can argue ILB but I dont think so because the LB position that is open is the mike position its a grunt position so its perfect for Larson or Haggon you dont need a stud there just someone to eat blocks for the will....Yes our starting secondary is older but you cant give up on smith yet but its not a glaring need.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Ok people keep saying we have a lot of needs where? QB is one WR is another arguably.....OG or C. We signed 3 DL who will all probably start. You can argue ILB but I dont think so because the LB position that is open is the mike position its a grunt position so its perfect for Larson or Haggon you dont need a stud there just someone to eat blocks for the will....Yes our starting secondary is older but you cant give up on smith yet but its not a glaring need.

Smith sucks.

The coaching staff felt so high on Smith that they started an undrafted rookie free agent CB, and an old broken down Ty Law, to start over him.

There was another brillinat decision on draft day.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-23-2010, 03:10 AM
silk tells the truth we all know but hate knowing. ^_^

cuzz4169
04-23-2010, 03:11 AM
Smith sucks.

The coaching staff felt so high on Smith that they started an undrafted rookie free agent CB, and an old broken down Ty Law, to start over him.

There was another brillinat decision on draft day.

I agree with ya a bad decision..I heard Josh say that they didnt have much time to prepare for last years draft...if so why trade up to get someone? But I cant give up on the kid after one year we will see. Its a big learning curve for an nfl corner. I think he has the athletic ability but can he grasp the knowledge we will see.

LordTrychon
04-23-2010, 03:21 AM
http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Half_Empty_Or_Full.jpg

NittanyBuff24
04-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Sean Lee boys, quality player, leader etc.. still coming back from the injury!

Nomad
04-23-2010, 07:43 AM
We need to pick Vladimir Ducasse, Brandon Spikes and the highest rated center.

This would be a very good draft if we could do that.

I would be happy with this!

Lancane
04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Will make some trades...

Shit, and here I thought I was a gloom and doom person!

We'll trade Kyle Orton to Oakland for the 69th overall pick, and trade Eddie Royal to Chicago for the 75th overall pick and trade our original second round pick next year to Cleveland for the 71st overall pick this year.

We'll end up with five or six more draft picks in this draft.

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Will make some trades...

We'll trade Kyle Orton to Oakland for the 69th overall pick, and trade Eddie Royal to Chicago for the 75th overall pick and trade our original second round pick next year to Cleveland for the 71st overall pick this year.

I think this site would literally catch fire if all that happened. I dont think Royal or Orton get traded, but I wont be surprised to see us add another 2nd by maybe dealing our extra 2011 2nd rounder. If we have 5 picks tonight, I think we could do a lot of damage and add some quality players.

Nomad
04-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Will make some trades...

Exciting! I like Royal though:(

Prozac's stock has risen due to BRONCO fans:lol:

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
I think this site would literally catch fire if all that happened. I dont think Royal or Orton get traded, but I wont be surprised to see us add another 2nd by maybe dealing our extra 2011 2nd rounder. If we have 5 picks tonight, I think we could do a lot of damage and add some quality players.

With all the Tebow implosions going on, (did i call that one too, Coach or what?) alot of posters have forgotten that there are a TON of really talented player still on the board as we type!!!!
Cody,Cam Thomas
Lamarr Houston,Carrington
Kindle!?!? Holy crap! I thought he would be gone by now!
Ducasse, and whos the linemen outta Indiana!?!?
FS Nate Allen is going to go high along with Claussen leaving alot of players slipping down to DEN. This thing aint over yet, and DEN can STILL get a bunch of really solid players.

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
With all the Tebow implosions going on, (did i call that one too, Coach or what?) alot of posters have forgotten that there are a TON of really talented player still on the board as we type!!!!
Cody,Cam Thomas
Lamarr Houston,Carrington
Kindle!?!? Holy crap! I thought he would be gone by now!
Ducasse, and whos the linemen outta Indiana!?!?
FS Nate Allen is going to go high along with Claussen leaving alot of players slipping down to DEN. This thing aint over yet, and DEN can STILL get a bunch of really solid players.

That's why I started the Tebow bandwagon thread...lol

But you're right. LOADS of talent left on the board and lots of opportunities to add players we need. Fortunately for us, our biggest are of need id OL and that is something that can be had in rounds 3 and 4. I may be in the minority, but I feel like I may be one that walks away VERY happy with this draft.

Nomad
04-23-2010, 08:22 AM

But you're right. LOADS of talent left on the board and lots of opportunities to add players we need. Fortunately for us, our biggest are of need id OL and that is something that can be had in rounds 3 and 4. I may be in the minority, but I feel like I may be one that walks away VERY happy with this draft.

Overall, I'm good with it so far but I would like to see some big fellas picked soon! And this site has been highly entertaining so far!:lol:

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Overall, I'm good with it so far but I would like to see some big fellas picked soon! And this site has been highly entertaining so far!:lol:

Walton, Jerry, Pietrus, Asamoah, Tennant, Olsen, Byers, Saffold, Johnson, Beadles, Newhouse...lots of big boys left for the interior

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 08:30 AM

Yeah, the 1st thing after all the Tebow talk, me and my buddies watching this thing commented on was ALL THE TALENT STILL LEFT!
Theres just a TON of really solid players right there for the taking.

Also, i wonder what happens to ILB Kirk Morrison in OAK? They drafted Rolando, so i wonder if someone could grab him for that tendered 3rd?
I expect alot of trades with players today.
Marshawn Lynch being one of the top of my head.

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Walton, Jerry, Pietrus, Asamoah, Tennant, Olsen, Byers, Saffold, Johnson, Beadles, Newhouse...lots of big boys left for the interior

Saffold! thats his name! I thought he would be gone in the 1st. Man, if DEN could steal him with their 2nd.....Ducasse is still there as well, i think!?!?

Lancane
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM

Don't bet on it, even Dumervil may be on the block. Especially since he would probably net us two if not three picks. Orton a pick, or we could trade him to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch or to Oakland for Morrison? Royal would become a number one wide in Chicago, and it seems that everytime that your publicly praised your then traded...lol. Like I said, I'm just guessing. But with our needs, I would not be surprised by anything at this point.

Nomad
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Don't bet on it, even Dumervil may be on the block. Especially since he would probably net us two if not three picks. Orton a pick, or we could trade him to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch or to Oakland for Morrison? Royal would become a number one wide in Chicago, and it seems that everytime that your publicly praised your then traded...lol. Like I said, I'm just guessing. But with our needs, I would not be surprised by anything at this point.

Dumervil would be a jaw dropper!!

Lancane
04-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Dumervil would be a jaw dropper!!

I think he would be and wouldn't be, not when you consider the price tag to keep him after the season and that he is a bit one dimensional. I could see Miami or Baltimore making a move for him. If they felt that Ayers could start at the position, it wouldn't surprise me.

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Saffold! thats his name! I thought he would be gone in the 1st. Man, if DEN could steal him with their 2nd.....Ducasse is still there as well, i think!?!?

Ducasse is probably a bigger project than Tebow and Thomas, but I'd be okay with him too.

Nomad
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM
I think he would be and wouldn't be, not when you consider the price tag to keep him after the season and that he is a bit one dimensional. I could see Miami or Baltimore making a move for him. If they felt that Ayers could start at the position, it wouldn't surprise me.

I guess if you put it that way! My mind is blank who is the OLB!!

Lancane
04-23-2010, 08:54 AM
I guess if you put it that way! My mind is blank who is the OLB!!

That really depends on what happens, say we trade Orton to Oakland for Morrison and swap third round picks. Then Morrison mans the inside with Williams that would leave Haggan outside, we draft someone to eventually take over the slot. There are a ton of options, that is the point I was trying to make.

Nomad
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
That really depends on what happens, say we trade Orton to Oakland for Morrison and swap third round picks. Then Morrison mans the inside with Williams that would leave Haggan outside, we draft someone to eventually take over the slot. There are a ton of options, that is the point I was trying to make.

Actually this isn't a bad scenerio, I'd take it!

MileHighCrew
04-23-2010, 09:07 AM
I think tonight could be just as interesting as last night for Bronco fans. I can see there being a lot more going on. One thing no one can debate, McD loves the draft.

broncofaninfla
04-23-2010, 10:27 AM
I know we have some postions that need to be addressed but I think Denver is flirting with disaster if they get away from the best player available approach and just focus soley on teh postion needs. So far Denver has clearly targeted players over choosing best player available. Don't get me wrong, I like the draft so far BUT I'd rather go best player available from here on out.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
I know we have some postions that need to be addressed but I think Denver is flirting with disaster if they get away from the best player available approach and just focus soley on teh postion needs. So far Denver has clearly targeted players over choosing best player available. Don't get me wrong, I like the draft so far BUT I'd rather go best player available from here on out.

I will tell you this in the words of the great Bill Walsh, "The best player available is hogwash and nonsense, the best player available for a team should be measured by the organization itself and no one else!" - so said he when people questioned him for drafting Jerry Rice.

;)

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
I will tell you this in the words of the great Bill Walsh, "The best player available is hogwash and nonsense, the best player available for a team should be measured by the organization itself and no one else!" - so said he when people questioned him for drafting Jerry Rice.

;)

Where did he go? Arkansas Polytechnic?

Lancane
04-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Where did he go? Arkansas Polytechnic?

Mississippi Valley State, and most people felt he would fall until the mid rounds, Walsh used his first round pick on him and boom.

broncofaninfla
04-23-2010, 10:44 AM

;)

There is no fool proof approach towards the draft but for every Rice there is a Marcus Nash.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 10:48 AM
There is no fool proof approach towards the draft but for every Rice there is a Marcus Nash.

For every Manning there is a Leaf, for every Fitzgerald there is a Nash and so on and so forth. But all we can do is hope the organization itself has a clue. Thus far they have proven they have the balls, cast-iron ones at that...and they clank!

BroncosRockdaRockies
04-23-2010, 10:56 AM

Time to look forward:

Thoughts?

I am in agreeance with Brandon Spikes I think he is a solid player. We do need a center and guard really bad.

I kinda wish we needed a Safety b/c I think Taylor Mays is the next Steve Atwater! I like him better than the ones we have now. (as far as young Safeties go)

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I am in agreeance with Brandon Spikes I think he is a solid player. We do need a center and guard really bad.

I kinda wish we needed a Safety b/c I think Taylor Mays is the next Steve Atwater! I like him better than the ones we have now. (as far as young Safeties go)

Steve Atwater has no place in today's NFL...and niether does Mays. Unless someone turns him into a SAM

getlynched47
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Shut the hell up dude. It's passed. It's over. It's not going to change. Get over it. McDaniels very well knows that he's putting himself in the crosshairs and that he NEEDS to succeed.

He's putting the pressure upon himself, and now he needs to produce playoffs this years. Regardless of whether Tebow is on this team or not.

Let's talk about day two :offtopic:

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Here's some names to look for in day 2:

JD Walton
Matt Tennant
Lamarr Houston
Rodger Saffold
Terrance Cody
Vladimir Ducasse
Linval Joseph
Cam Thomas
Jon Asamoah
Torrell Troup
Al Woods
Brandon Spikes
Sean Lee
Donald Butler

My picks:
Round 2- Vladimir Ducasse
Round 3- Brandon Spikes
Round 3- JD Walton

If we take pretty much any two of the guys you have listed, this draft is a success in my book.

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Steve Atwater has no place in today's NFL...and niether does Mays. Unless someone turns him into a SAM

I have seen alot of chatter that HOU wants to bring in Mays and pair him with his former teammate Cushing, and play him at WILL. He would only have to gain 15 lbs.
A MUCH better spot for Mays.

weazel
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry, but you cannot predict the rest of the Broncos draft. You can not predict what a lunatic will do, it is futile.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
For every Manning there is a Leaf, for every Fitzgerald there is a Nash and so on and so forth. But all we can do is hope the organization itself has a clue. Thus far they have proven they have the balls, cast-iron ones at that...and they clank!

But there's only ONE Tim MF'n Tebow! :D

getlynched47
04-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Hey, what do you guys think about the possibility of getting another wide receiver (Damian Williams)??

In my opinion, I don't feel that we need to draft another receiver, at least not that early (I'm talking about 2nd and 3rd round).

But there's no question that Damian Williams is the most pro-ready receiver in the draft with his route-running ability and hands and special teams value. I think he could be an immediate impact type of player.

The only case I would make for grabbing another receiver is Stokley's and Gaffney's age. But it really all depends on how McDaniels feels about Kenny McKinley. He suffered a serious knee injury vs. the Eagles, and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of knee injury it was.

So what do you guys think? Another wide receiver today? Or wait and get a guy like Jordan Shipley in the 4th? Or something else?
:salute:

Lancane
04-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm going with those in my sig...Ducasse, Hernandez, Muckelroy and Tennant.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey, what do you guys think about the possibility of getting another wide receiver (Damian Williams)??

In my opinion, I don't feel that we need to draft another receiver, at least not that early (I'm talking about 2nd and 3rd round).

But there's no question that Damian Williams is the most pro-ready receiver in the draft with his route-running ability and hands and special teams value. I think he could be an immediate impact type of player.

The only case I would make for grabbing another receiver is Stokley's and Gaffney's age. But it really all depends on how McDaniels feels about Kenny McKinley. He suffered a serious knee injury vs. the Eagles, and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of knee injury it was.

So what do you guys think? Another wide receiver today? Or wait and get a guy like Jordan Shipley in the 4th? Or something else?

I say we take Hernandez, he's a tweener, wideout/pass catching tight end?

Thomas, Royal, Hernandez and Gaffney? ;)

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 11:42 AM

William is a Great route runner, slow as hell.
Carlton Mitchell in the 3rd?!?!
I dont really want a WR, but hes fast, tall and alot
like Vincent Jackson i've read.

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 11:44 AM
If Taylor Price is around in the 4th, I'll take him...but at the moment, I'd prefer to see some OL and LB additions

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
If Taylor Price is around in the 4th, I'll take him...but at the moment, I'd prefer to see some OL and LB additions

Yeah, i am down with
NT/DE (whichever)
C
OG
LB
TE

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Day 1 was an incredible day IF, and only IF, we get at least 2 OLinemen today. We do that and I'm completely on board w/ day 1. we don't and THEN I'll be leaning toward the McD hater side.

Foochacho
04-23-2010, 12:04 PM

That is a load of crap. I guess Lynch and Dawkins have no place either. Since when is a hard hitting safety useless?

I would much rather have a safety that will knock your head off than some weak ass ballhawk. A hard hitting safety does so much for a team that you cannot measure. The fear these receivers feel everytime they have to go to the middle isn't something you can measure stat wise but it does make a difference. Remember when DJ almost killed Roy Williams this year? I would of liked to see him go up for a ball like that again. I know Dj is a linebacker but I am just trying to use a recent example. A hard hitting safety will punish teams and wear them down.

You can either take a weak ballhawk who might get you 6-8 picks if your lucky. but he will also get ran over on many plays trying to make a weak ass tackle. Or you can take a hard hitting safety who will give you quite a few forced fumbles and most likely an interception or 2 as well. Both will get you turnovers but the hard hitter will do the running over instead of being on the other end.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 12:06 PM

Honestly, I'd rather take a project like Dexter McCluster who can play in all 3 phases. 3rd down RB, split him out like a WR, or returning punts and kicks. The lil' dude is a BEAST. He's a poor man's CJ Spiller.

roomemp
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM

You never saw Atwater play I guess then....... :coffee:

Northman
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
That is a load of crap. I guess Lynch and Dawkins have no place either. Since when is a hard hitting safety useless?

I would much rather have a safety that will knock your head off than some weak ass ballhawk. A hard hitting safety does so much for a team that you cannot measure. The fear these receivers feel everytime they have to go to the middle isn't something you can measure stat wise but it does make a difference. Remember when DJ almost killed Roy Williams this year? I would of liked to see him go up for a ball like that again. I know Dj is a linebacker but I am just trying to use a recent example. A hard hitting safety will punish teams and wear them down.

You can either take a weak ballhawk who might get you 6-8 picks if your lucky. but he will also get ran over on many plays trying to make a weak ass tackle. Or you can take a hard hitting safety who will give you quite a few forced fumbles and most likely an interception or 2 as well. Both will get you turnovers but the hard hitter will do the running over instead of being on the other end.

I think he means their useless because of the fines that can amass for hard hitting safeties.

roomemp
04-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I think he means their useless because of the fines that can amass for hard hitting safeties.

If he is, then most pass rushers are useless too with all of the rules to protect the QB's

underrated29
04-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I bet anything we take:

Terrence cody
Trade our 1 or 2 from next year and take Tennant
3rd cam thomas
3rd used in conjunction with future 2 for tennant

So again
cody
tennant
cam thomas
Spikes- if we still have the other 3rd.

we are rumored to take a TE in 3 and a CB, but I see LB the higher so if Spikes is there he is ours!

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I bet anything we take:

Terrence cody
Trade our 1 or 2 from next year and take Tennant
3rd cam thomas
3rd used in conjunction with future 2 for tennant

So again
cody
tennant
cam thomas
Spikes- if we still have the other 3rd.

we are rumored to take a TE in 3 and a CB, but I see LB the higher so if Spikes is there he is ours!

I don't understand. Are you possibly saying we could trade a future 1st, or 2nd round, to draft Tennant in the third round?

dogfish
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Day 1 was an incredible day IF, and only IF, we get at least 2 OLinemen today. We do that and I'm completely on board w/ day 1. we don't and THEN I'll be leaning toward the McD hater side.

i agree that today is going to be CRUCIAL for mcD's long term success here-- he needs to find a couple of guys who can give us some immediate help to buy himself time to develop tebow and thomas. . .

i'm not adamant that we gotta get two OLs-- i could live with just a good center if the coaching staff thinks olsen can handle OLG-- but we absolutely need some fortification in the running game. . . and some depth at LB and a talented DL to start developing would be great. . .

i'll stand by my choices from last night:

2. lamarr houston
3a. eric norwood
3b. JD walton

maybe we can get an OL like petrus in the 4th, or a solid RB slips through the cracks. . .

edit: i do suspect that U29's got the right idea, though. . . i highly doubt we have the patience to wait for walton or tennant-- i won't be the slightest bit surprised if we take one of those guys at #45. . . mcD doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks about the value of his picks-- he's gonna get his guy, and everyone else can go to hell. . . if we don't take a center there, i fully expect that we'll trade back in, and one way or another, i fully expect one of next year's top three picks to get traded before today is through. . . and i agree that cody could be high on our radar for today. . .

underrated29
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't understand. Are you possibly saying we could trade a future 1st, or 2nd round, to draft Tennant in the third round?

What I am saying is we take cody with our 2nd rd pick. Then we trade back into the 2nd round for tennant. Either using our 1 or 2 from next year and or our 2nd 3rd from this year.

So:
45-cody
trade back in 2nd- tennant
3rd-player- i think thomas
3rd-if not traded-spikes.

So to answer your question, yes. I think Josh fully intends to trade our 2nd from miami next year along with another pick (maybe our other 3rd this year) to get back into the 2nd round..(who I think will be tennant)

dogfish
04-23-2010, 01:35 PM
What I am saying is we take cody with our 2nd rd pick. Then we trade back into the 2nd round for tennant. Either using our 1 or 2 from next year and or our 2nd 3rd from this year.

So:
45-cody
trade back in 2nd- tennant
3rd-player- i think thomas
3rd-if not traded-spikes.

So to answer your question, yes. I think Josh fully intends to trade our 2nd from miami next year along with another pick (maybe our other 3rd this year) to get back into the 2nd round..(who I think will be tennant)

seems pretty likely to me too. . .

which, of course, means we'll probably package all of today's picks and one of next year's to take dexter mccluster and nate allen. . . .

underrated29
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
gl47-

I would not be completely surprised to see another wr take, like gilyard...But we would have many many many wr....

thomas,royal,gaff,stokes,mckin,lloyd, ???,

Northman
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
gl47-

I would not be completely surprised to see another wr take, like gilyard...But we would have many many many wr....

thomas,royal,gaff,stokes,mckin,lloyd, ???,

Good, dump Lloyd and Mclovin and lets roll.

LTC Pain
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
From Day 2, 2nd/3rd round picks the Broncos need a Center, ILB and RB.

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
You can have safeties that are solid against the run...but in today's NFL, you have to have someone that can cover as well. Too many spreads and 4 receiver sets to have a guy that is nothing but a headhunter out there. Look at any hard hitter that has come out recently and tell me where he is today. Roy Williams being the obvious example. Tell me a guy that cant cover but can hit hard is at the top of wish lists and a regular on a defense and you'll see a defense suseptible to the pass.

Guys like Dawk and Troy P are exceptions because they are playmakers in zones and can play the run. mays is NOT in the same category as either one.

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Oline, LB, and Dline today please. I'd be OK with a corner too.

getlynched47
04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
From Day 2, 2nd/3rd round picks the Broncos need a Center, ILB and RB.

How about some youth and versatility on the defensive line???

Brandon Spikes FOR THE WIN!!! :elefant:

Lancane
04-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Our offense is more important at this point then defense give linebacker depth. So...we'll see what they do.

LTC Pain
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
How about some youth and versatility on the defensive line???

Brandon Spikes FOR THE WIN!!! :elefant:

I'm all for helping the D-line. But with the free agent acquisitions (J. Williams, Bannen, Green) to add depth to the D-line and the Broncos passing on D. Williams last night to take Tebow, I'm thinking the Broncos will focus on the other areas I mentioned above.

weazel
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
my puke looks horrible

Nomad
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I wish there was some way Denver could squeeze McCluster in there!

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm never disappointed with drafting a Dlineman. I guess I should have put that on my wish list for today too.

jlarsiii
04-23-2010, 03:05 PM
We should look at drafting Clausen, McCoy, or Lefeavour IMO. As McD puts it competition is a good thing so it follows that 5 QBs would be better than 4QBs heading into training camp.

As a plus we would have more insurance just in case project Timmy doesn't work out. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd be cool w/ Cody in round 2 as well. Still want the OLine help, but Cody would make a huge splash and could rotate w/ Williams to take some pressure off of his ailing body. People may actually start to fear us a bit.

nevcraw
04-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Jordan Shipley.. we still need another slot WR for the future (provided Royal stays at #2 or becomes #1 and not slot) and he would replace stokes..

Lancane
04-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Jordan Shipley.. we still need another slot WR for the future (provided Royal stays at #2 or becomes #1 and not slot) and he would replace stokes..

Aaron Hernandez would be good in the slot? :D

Northman
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Aaron Hernandez would be good in the slot? :D

Annnnnd, he's familiar with TEABAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Kirk Morrison is on the way out of Oakland
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 23, 2010 3:34 PM ET
The NFL is often a zero sum game. So with the Raiders drafting their middle linebacker of the future in Rolondo McClain, their middle linebacker of the last few years is likely on his way out.

Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune says Kirk Morrison will be cut or traded. He's due $2.51 million, which is too much for a player that's ultimately depth now.

Perhaps Morrison isn't as good as his production indicates, but he can help a team. We'd think another team would give up a late-round pick for him.

The selection of McClain indicates a new direction for the Raiders defense. The team plans to use more "multiple" fronts with an extra linebacker next year, as we guessed last night.

Head coach Tom Cable also admitted the team would have taken Russell Okung or Trent Williams if they were available to him.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/kirk-morrison-is-on-the-way-out-of-oakland/

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM
LenDale, four Cowboys, almost every Raider available in trade
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 23, 2010 4:43 PM ET
The list of players who have been shopped in trade proposals over the last 24 hours includes some well-known veterans, former first-round picks, and almost everyone in Oakland.

After talking to several coaches and general managers, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com has compiled a list of players who were shopped, and it includes some names you'd expect and some you might not.

Glazer reports that the Cowboys have made defensive end Marcus Spears, linebacker Bobby Carpenter and wide receivers Sam Hurd and Patrick Crayton available, the Jaguars talked to a few teams about defensive tackle John Henderson, the Saints were offering offensive tackle Jamaal Brown and the Titans are shopping running back LenDale White.

And, Glazer says, the Raiders let other teams know that nearly anyone on their roster is available, a message that the Raiders pass along every year.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/lendale-four-cowboys-almost-every-raider-available-in-trade/

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM

Had to quote myself on this one. I'm giddy.

jlarsiii
04-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Had to quote myself on this one. I'm giddy.

Nice call on your part. Kudos.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Nice call on your part. Kudos.

I take no credit for a prediction. Just what i wanted to see. thanx though.