PDA

View Full Version : If Tebow is a bust...

honz
04-22-2010, 11:20 PM
then he is a bust. It won't be the first one we have drafted and he won't be the only bust to come out of this first round. The world would go on and so would the Broncos. The only reason this is getting so much attention is because he is a QB and because he is Tim Tebow. Time will tell who is right about the player.

Here is to hoping that he is not a bust. :beer:

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
The flip side is if he works out he will work out to the tune of 3 SB victories. Everybody will look back and recall the stones it took to make this pick.

I just think the Bust:Stud ratio is 95:5

camdisco24
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
I personally hope a Tebow item can be added to the crow cafe...

LordTrychon
04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm going to have to ask Jamarcus Russell fans if this is the fastest apologetic thread ever made for a bust.

If I can find any...

G_Money
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM
This could be Josh's Waterloo (see how cleverly I snuck in a Napoleon reference?). He's gonna stand or fall on Tebow...

Probably.

A guy named Cowher survived drafting Slash to play QB for him. He had consistently good teams, so he could keep trying to make that QB position work for him. If McD can get a TEAM going, Tim could work out great or he could have time to go in a different direction.

I think Tebow needs to work out. He's an interesting guy for Josh to hitch his wagon to - I really thought it was gonna be McCoy.

But the Broncos will survive if he fails, and hopefully thrive if he succeeds. I'm actually much more comfortable knowing the plan.

Just having Orton running my team with no plan of succession was driving me crazy. Now I know: It's Orton this year, Tebow in some part of next year, and then Tebow until he succeeds or Josh is out.

And now we can watch it play out.

~G

Ziggy
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Anyone else see the wild horse formation being a staple of our offense this year? That, or injury is probably the only way Tebow gets on the field in 2010. With McD having the cajones to trade back into the 1st to get him, you have to think he'll find a way to play him.

Shazam!
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Just having Orton running my team with no plan of succession was driving me crazy.

This is one of the most ironic things here, not you G but in general.

Many of the people killing Orton for almost a whole year are now killing his successor before he even has a copy of the playbook.

I'd have thought some wouldve been more happy.

gregbroncs
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
I am not happy with this pick. I have been in McDaniels corner in most arguments. I am going to be very interested in the picks they make from here on out. I am not a Tebow fan I think he should have been a 3rd round pick. I don't get trading 3 picks to move up just to pick him.

I really hope I am wrong and Tebow is a great player for us.

Buff
04-23-2010, 12:04 AM
The way I look at it we were able to acquire two first round picks tonight and still have five picks left in the draft (2nd, two 3rd rounders, plus 5th & 6th round picks).

If nothing else I give Josh credit for being creative enough to get his guy without mortgaging the future. That mitigates some of the risk in my eyes.

LordTrychon
This could be Josh's Waterloo (see how cleverly I snuck in a Napoleon reference?). He's gonna stand or fall on Tebow...

Probably.

A guy named Cowher survived drafting Slash to play QB for him. He had consistently good teams, so he could keep trying to make that QB position work for him. If McD can get a TEAM going, Tim could work out great or he could have time to go in a different direction.

I think Tebow needs to work out. He's an interesting guy for Josh to hitch his wagon to - I really thought it was gonna be McCoy.

But the Broncos will survive if he fails, and hopefully thrive if he succeeds. I'm actually much more comfortable knowing the plan.

Just having Orton running my team with no plan of succession was driving me crazy. Now I know: It's Orton this year, Tebow in some part of next year, and then Tebow until he succeeds or Josh is out.

~G

This is like what I told a friend. If we can win some games... it really doesn't matter if Tebow works out. If we can't win games though, and Tebow looks like a bust... it's gonna hurt him pretty bad (McD, that is).

CrazyHorse
Define bust. At worst I see him as a situational player.

G_Money
04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Tebow makes people want to riot in the streets.

I haven't figured out why. Hype?

Ryan Leaf was almost picked over Payton Manning. Akili Smith went #3, right? Same with Joey Harrington? Isn't there some Jamarcus guy blowing chunks in Oak-town? There have been some MASSIVE early busts. Bradford is no guarantee.

Why kill a late-first-round QB because Helmet-Hair doesn't like him? I think Tebow is more of a pro project than some other options, but that doesn't make him a bust. Drew Brees sucked bad enough in his first couple of seasons that SD drafted his replacement. If they'd just waited they might have actually won a SB already.

Tebow's gonna take some time, and patience, but nobody has a better work ethic. If it CAN be done, Tebow will put the effort into making it happen.

So the only question is whether making this great college QB into a great pro QB can be done.

I dunno - but we sure weren't turning Orton into the belle of the ball any time soon, so at least now McDaniels can put his advertised QB-making prowess to proper use.

Go big or go home...so let's hope both Josh and Tim can go big.

~G

JDL
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
then he is a bust. It won't be the first one we have drafted and he won't be the only bust to come out of this first round. The world would go on and so would the Broncos. The only reason this is getting so much attention is because he is a QB and because he is Tim Tebow. Time will tell who is right about the player.

Here is to hoping that he is not a bust. :beer:

Tebow will make or break McD's coaching career in Denver... if he flops, McD will be remembered as one of the biggest jokes of a NFL coach ever (considering all the dismantling he's done) or he will go down as sheer genius.

Basically, it is a RISKY move for him, Tebow literally has to demonstrate some ability to play the NFL just to buy time and ultimately has to prove to be a franchise QB.... Thomas is there too, to a lesser degree.

It will be exciting to watch .... though we might be much much more frustrated later.

Hoser
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
You didn't get the memo?

1st round bust = Organization is suspended from the NFL for eternity.

Northman
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Tebow will make or break McD's coaching career in Denver... if he flops, McD will be remembered as one of the biggest jokes of a NFL coach ever (considering all the dismantling he's done) or he will go down as sheer genius.

Basically, it is a RISKY move for him, Tebow literally has to demonstrate some ability to play the NFL just to buy time and ultimately has to prove to be a franchise QB.... Thomas is there too, to a lesser degree.

It will be exciting to watch .... though we might be much much more frustrated later.

This^

titan
04-23-2010, 12:12 AM
The way I look at it we were able to acquire two first round picks tonight and still have five picks left in the draft (2nd, two 3rd rounders, plus 5th & 6th round picks).

If nothing else I give Josh credit for being creative enough to get his guy without mortgaging the future. That mitigates some of the risk in my eyes.

Excellent point. If Josh had picked Tebow at #11 it would have been a far different story.

I'm thinking the broncos like some linemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that we'll see tomorrow and didn't think it was necessary to invest a high pick in the lines. Under Shanahan the broncos were always good at getting productive later round offensive linemen - let's see what McD does tomorrow.

topscribe

Probably.

~G

I don't necessarily believe that, G.

If the Broncos go deep into some playoffs, and even to the Super Bowl, I
don't think it will matter who is playing at any position. The bottom line has
been met, and McDaniels' job is secure.

So if Tebow busts and Orton leads us to the promised land, or if Tebow rises
into stardom and Orton rides off into the sunset, and the Broncos get there,
it won't matter. Provided the Broncos got there. That's what it's all about,
isn't it?

-----

Shazam!
ANY Qb McD got could be a bust.

For every Kiper TT critic, there are those whove said he'll be a superstar.