PDA

View Full Version : We are the laughing stock of the Draft

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Tim Tebow first round? Is Al Davis picking for us this year?

honz
04-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Good thread bro.

Broncolingus
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
http://forums.gideontech.com/vps/data/500/thread-is-stupid.jpg

Skinny
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I heard alot of clapping.

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
true fans know what a bad pick this was. McDaniels is destroying the Broncos

LRtagger
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
oh noes the armchair GMs on the internet think we are stupid. Let's forfeit the season.

BFI
04-22-2010, 09:57 PM

Guess I'm not a true fan then. I didnt know that until just now.

Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated.:salute:

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 09:58 PM
well at the very least you don't know football very well if you think Tebow was worth it.

ikillz0mbies
Not a fan of the pick, but to call it a bad pick is pretty ridiculous. We, as fans and spectators, don't know how he is going to be used. To pass judgment this early is stupid.

sakic_avs
true fans know what a bad pick this was. Mcdaniels is destroying the broncos

lmfao.

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
well at the very least you don't know football very well if you think Tebow was worth it.

I'd go with the opposite, but that's just MY OPINION

camdisco24
Laughing stock? I guess everyone sees it differently.
How does anyone KNOW Tebow will be a bust???????????//

mateus

someone needs a definitions:

an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
so i don't see how true fans should know more about draft picks than others.

Fisticuffs
LMFAO.

stupidity? this is the only forum i've been to where anyone was remotely excited about the pick.

hotcarl
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Guess I'm not a true fan then. I didnt know that until just now.

Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated.:salute:

jon gruden said he has the personality of a sock puppet and that hes going to fly to florida to quote:"beat his pansy ass"

get this guy off TV~!:welcome:

BroncoDiva87
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Not a fan of the pick, but to call it a bad pick is pretty ridiculous. We, as fans and spectators, don't know how he is going to be used. To pass judgment this early is stupid.

I Am Super-Excited About this Pick!!! I Cant Wait to see how it all works out!! I cant Wait to Order my Tebow Jersey!!!!!:marchmellow::2thumbs::cheer2:

WARHORSE
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Completion % right there with Bradfords. Never threw more than 6 picks in a season.

Weighs in at 245 LBS.

Rushed for more TDs than any QB in history.

THIS year, Tebow will be a goaline threat.

Need redzone offense? Here it is.

QB rating for career.........121.2

sakic_avs
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
You are the laughing stock of posters.

Broncolingus
04-22-2010, 10:05 PM
is that all you can say? i'm so gonna revive this thread after next season

http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 10:07 PM
seriously am I the only bronco fan that absolutely despises this pick? Clausen would have been a better pick. At least he can throw properly.

sakic_avs
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Lmao!

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
It's ok I obviously came to the wrong forum. Denver can do no wrong here.

Tebowned
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
This.

JDL
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Tim Tebow first round? Is Al Davis picking for us this year?

We might be, Tebow is a great divider amongst scouts... many believe he has zero shot of being a great NFL player. I happen to have serious doubts, but he has great character and work ethic and it is an interesting pick for an offensive minded coach. I wouldn't get all huffy about it though... he is perhaps the most dominant college player of all-time. We didn't give up a lot to do it and it should be fun to watch him.

All I am saying is I wouldn't count out a player like Tebow... give him a shot... I am one of his biggest detractors but he is the kind of guy you WANT to root for and have succeed, really hope he can.

broncobryce
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
We? Who you calling we?

Dean
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't understand a second, third, and switch fourths for a lefty QB who lessens Clady's ability to contribute.

Italianmobstr7
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
It's ok I obviously came to the wrong forum. Denver can do no wrong here.

Denver can do wrong. People have been pissed lately. Denver made a GREAT decision with this pick IMO though. We just got arguably the GREATEST COLLEGE PLAYER OF ALL TIME. He'll be an instant thread in the Red Zone to run or pass (sort of like Vick for the Eagles) and next year I assume he'll take over his role as the starting QB. I can't wait to see our new team in action!

jlarsiii
04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
**DELETED PERSONAL ATTACK

Hold on. This poster comes here to post his displeasure at a draft pick tonight, a bunch of you jump all over him, accuse him making idiotic judgments, and then for good measure call him an idiot and/or stupid.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Attack the post if you like but lay off the poster. Sometimes you all are damn embarrassing. . .

Krugan
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
We might be, Tebow is a great divider amongst scouts... many believe he has zero shot of being a great NFL player. I happen to have serious doubts, but he has great character and work ethic and it is an interesting pick for an offensive minded coach. I wouldn't get all huffy about it though... he is perhaps the most dominant college player of all-time. We didn't give up a lot to do it and it should be fun to watch him.

All I am saying is I wouldn't count out a player like Tebow... give him a shot... I am one of his biggest detractors but he is the kind of guy you WANT to root for and have succeed, really hope he can.

We gave up a 2nd a 3rd and a 4th, I consider that alot for "divider".

Im just not happy that we had to trade back into the first to take him, when we could have taken him and stayed where we were. Not like there arent a ton of other players that would have been around for those picks tomorrow.

Shazam!
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
seriously am I the only bronco fan that absolutely despises this pick? Clausen would have been a better pick. At least he can throw properly

Maybe if you posted like this with a point in an actual mature and semi-intelligent manner your reaction here may be different.

Shazam!
04-22-2010, 10:15 PM

If he wasn't such an outspoken guy abut his religious beliefs, he'd have had much higher stock I think.

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
call me an idiot i don't care. I'm still a bronco fan no matter what. :salute: I can tell you right now, without a doubt, that Tebow is a bust.

WARHORSE
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
The move from an organizational point is very good.

Tebow is magnetic.

He isnt going to make waves. He isnt going to be crying for playing time. Hes going to WORK for his chance.

Other than a "HITCH" in his throwing motion, theres nothing to say about him that isnt good.

Bring it on TEBOW. I'll give you a shot.

Until you prove otherwise, you da BOMB.

WhosUrDaddy
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
If McD seals up the holes in the O-line maybe we'll be ok. If not, we're gonna need 4 QBs. Cause they're gonna get killed.

Bosco
04-22-2010, 10:18 PM
"We are the laughing stock of the Draft"

Says who?

Tebowned
04-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Denver can do wrong. People have been pissed lately. Denver made a GREAT decision with this pick IMO though. We just got arguably the GREATEST COLLEGE PLAYER OF ALL TIME. He'll be an instant thread in the Red Zone to run or pass (sort of like Vick for the Eagles) and next year I assume he'll take over his role as the starting QB. I can't wait to see our new team in action!

Never compare Tebow to Vick. Completely different players even though Vick is just about done. Tebow was a great college player, but there are plenty of great college players who do not make it in the NFL. I'm not saying this will happen for Tebow, but trading a 2, 3, and 4 for Tebow when we could have had Clausen and Bryant looks flat out dumb right now. These are facts.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm an FSU fan so by default I hate UF and everything they stand for. I remember the press conference in Tebow's sophomore season right after they lost and he came out and essentially promised to put Florida on his back and carry them to the National Championship the next year. I laughed. Then he frickin' did EXACTLY what he said he'd do. It was the most amazing season/feat EVER by a college ball player, even better than Vince Young's Rose Bowl performance.

From then on, I've had nothing but respect for this dude and I'm very pleased, even if he doesn't turn out to be an elite QB, to call him a Bronco. Just his leadership and character alone will benefit this team... even if he never takes an NFL snap.

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Says who?

you should see the texts im getting from friends that are fans of other teams. :mad:

Lancane
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM

Says who?

Someone's Momma, Mayock credited the pick, Gruden credited the pick...

Oh wait, Kiper bad mouthed the pick, but who the F' cares about that moron, he can lick my jock!

;)

WARHORSE
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
you should see the texts im getting from friends that are fans of other teams. :mad:

Still time to be a Faider if you hurry.

:D
;)

James Bond
seriously am I the only bronco fan that absolutely despises this pick? Clausen would have been a better pick. At least he can throw properly.

Must be. You have made few friends so far.....

You probably need to go to another forum........

Ravage!!!
yeah.. Kiper is the ONLY one that is going to criticize this move... Riiiiiiiiiight. :lol:

We are the laughing stock of the draft, right now.

Shazam!
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
you should see the texts im getting from friends that are fans of other teams.

Riveting.

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
so I'm watching espn right now and nobody is agreeing with denver's pick? I guess they are all idiots too.

Northman
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I have a friend who is a Bmore fan and he is laughing hysterically.

James Bond
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
call me an idiot i don't care. I'm still a bronco fan no matter what. :salute: I can tell you right now, without a doubt, that Tebow is a bust.

And you know how?

G8trBronc
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
so I'm watching espn right now and nobody is agreeing with denver's pick? I guess they are all idiots too.

McShay is a moron. Look at what he's picked over the years. Who the hell is this guy? He played QB at Richmond for !@#$!#@ sake.:laugh: Fisticuffs - get over it.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 10:29 PM
yeah.. Kiper is the ONLY one that is going to criticize this move... Riiiiiiiiiight. :lol:

Usually you and I see eye to eye, but I don't believe that...

I had hope that we took Bryant and maybe Tebow in the second, we took Thomas...I just question the trading up to get him and then nabbed Tebow before Buffalo nabbed him. McDaniels, Gailey and Belichick wanted the kid? Sorry, I like the pick...maybe not what we gave up for him, but hell...

jhildebrand
I said it before and I will say it again.

Tim Tebow is our Darius Heyward-Bey!

dogfish
I don't understand a second, third, and switch fourths for a lefty QB who lessens Clady's ability to contribute.

leaving judgement of the pick aside. . . do you see a reason that, IF tebow at some point becomes our fulltime starting QB, clady couldn't/wouldn't be moved to right tackle? he's certainly big enough to play against bigger LDEs in the run game, and i think it's fair to call harris' future here questionable given the ongoing durability concerns and probably less than ideal fit in our current preferred blocking scheme. . .

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm not gonna get over it! I am very concerned about my team. I look forward to football every year and now I'm very upset and scared that this next season is going to s#%t.

Northman
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I said it before and I will say it again.

Tim Tebow is our Darius Heyward-Bey!

Sadly, i agree with you.

jlarsiii
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't like the move. And none of you that are hanging from Tebag's jock strap are going to convince me otherwise.

We trade 3 picks away during what is regarded to be a very deep draft for a project QB to go right alongside our other 3 QBs on the roster. That move makes perfect sense.:confused:

Tebag has more than a throwing hitch to overcome if he wants to become a productive pro QB. I don't see it happening, and this could end up being the proverbial nail in McD's coffin.

We had team needs and McD did great job of moving back to acquire picks, but then he blows them all before we get out of the first round. Sheer genius!:coffee:

JDL
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Just because I like to take the countervailing point of view (even if - again - I wouldn't have made the pick.) Tebow throws as well or better than Vince Young... FWIW

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Cleveland gave up a future 1st and a second rounder to move back into the first for Quinn.

This move reeks worse than that!

Somewhere in Baltimore the cops should be talking to Ozzie Newsome because he ripped McD off and did his lady in the process.

Somewhere in Miami Brandon Marshall is laughing his ass off!

WhosUrDaddy
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I know everybody hates Tebow's throwing motion, but is he accurate?

G8trBronc
04-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Jon Gruden - guy's got a SUPER BOWL RING. Loves TT. Steve Young..ahem, didn't bet against him. What the hell does Kiper know about talent? He is a talking head. Of course he is going to say TT isn't going to make it. He makes money being 'right'. Waffling on his predictions isn't good for his business.

Tebowned
04-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Jon Gruden - guy's got a SUPER BOWL RING. Loves TT. Steve Young..ahem, didn't bet against him. What the hell does Kiper know about talent? He is a talking head. Of course he is going to say TT isn't going to make it. He makes money being 'right'. Waffling on his predictions isn't good for his business.

Our fans have really gone off the deep end tonight.

mateus

I'll trust Wilbaum and Kornheiser on PTI once I hear them on this tomorow.

Denver Native (Carol)
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/03/jon-gruden-works-with-tim-tebow-works.html

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow had a workout today at Carrollwood Day School throwing the football under the direction of ex-Bucs head coach Jon Gruden.

"It was great, it was wonderful,'' Tebow said. "I have so much respect for Coach Gruden, and to be able to spend a day with him and talk ball and be able to throw with him was a lot of fun. It was a great opportunity for me.

"(Gruden) still loves it. He's into it. He knows everything about you. He's broken you down. He understands you, and that's a big plus.''

Since the Senior Bowl, Tebow has worked with various coaches around the country, including Marc Trestman and Sam Wyche, improving his footwork, shortening his delivery and trying to prepare for the NFL game.

Tebow, who is lefthanded, began the day breaking down film of other lefthanded quarterbacks, such as Steve Young, Boomer Esiason and Chris Simms.

"It was a great day, we had a blast,'' Gruden said. "You know I love quarterbacks. It was a great day to have a chance to watch a lot of tape and spend a lot of time together. How could you not love Tim Tebow?

"He's a great person and a heck of a quarterback. He's a courageous, competitive, playmaking, indestructible force, and I think he's going to be a great success.''

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 10:38 PM

are you.. wait.. are you saying we should listen to mother****ing GRUDEN?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

G8trBronc
04-22-2010, 10:39 PM
I know everybody hates Tebow's throwing motion, but is he accurate?

Need to watch some of his tape. Particularly the SEC championship game 2008 when he led a 4th qtr comeback to beat Alabama.

It is going to take some time for him to get comfortable in the pocket and not tuck it and run but....if he does, he can move some bodies.

jlarsiii
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/03/jon-gruden-works-with-tim-tebow-works.html

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow had a workout today at Carrollwood Day School throwing the football under the direction of ex-Bucs head coach Jon Gruden.

"It was great, it was wonderful,'' Tebow said. "I have so much respect for Coach Gruden, and to be able to spend a day with him and talk ball and be able to throw with him was a lot of fun. It was a great opportunity for me.

"(Gruden) still loves it. He's into it. He knows everything about you. He's broken you down. He understands you, and that's a big plus.''

Since the Senior Bowl, Tebow has worked with various coaches around the country, including Marc Trestman and Sam Wyche, improving his footwork, shortening his delivery and trying to prepare for the NFL game.

Edit: I think I am going to call it a night, cool off, and come back when I have had more time to digest the moves made tonight. I am so disappointed right now. . .

Tebow, who is lefthanded, began the day breaking down film of other lefthanded quarterbacks, such as Steve Young, Boomer Esiason and Chris Simms.

"It was a great day, we had a blast,'' Gruden said. "You know I love quarterbacks. It was a great day to have a chance to watch a lot of tape and spend a lot of time together. How could you not love Tim Tebow?

"He's a great person and a heck of a quarterback. He's a courageous, competitive, playmaking, indestructible force, and I think he's going to be a great success.''

Well I am glad Gruden gave his seal of approval. That makes me feel so much better that a guy that was so good as a head coach that he is now out of the league gives his endorsement!

Sorry Carol, but I have been drinking and my anger can't be placated by this.

Edit: I think I am going to call it a night, cool off, and come back when I have had some time to digest the moves made tonight. I am so disappointed. . .

Northman
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
are you.. wait.. are you saying we should listen to mother****ing GRUDEN?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nothing wrong with Gruden, he's a good guy and a great coach. But, im sure i could go back in time and find other coaches who think Harrington, Leaf, Akili Smith, etc that were great prospects also. Anyone can find a guy who meets their arguement. The draft is a crapshoot with a 50/50 chance of success with any given player. I personally just didnt like the "position" taken.

MileHiWildcat
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Year 2 - McDaniels proves once again that he does not have a freaking clue. I'm so glad he didn't pick Dez because that other no-name reminded him of Marshall...******* !!!

WhosUrDaddy
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Need to watch some of his tape. Particularly the SEC championship game 2008 when he led a 4th qtr comeback to beat Alabama.

It is going to take some time for him to get comfortable in the pocket and not tuck it and run but....if he does, he can move some bodies.

I didn't like giving up 3 picks anymore than anybody else, but hell McD made Orton look like a starting QB with the bubble screens. So whos to say he can't with Tebow, and Tebow's very mobile.

G8trBronc
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
I'll trust Wilbaum and Kornheiser on PTI once I hear them on this tomorow.

Kornhole and Wilb..oh, nevermind. Khole is lucky to still have a job after mouthing off so many times. That guy is a loud mouth.

I think we'll see TT as a 3rd and short specialist. Keep your pants on.

Northman
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
I didn't like giving up 3 picks anymore than anybody else, but hell McD made Orton look like a starting QB with the bubble screens. So whos to say he can't with Tebow, and Tebow's very mobile.

That doesnt make any sense. Orton is still young and if you have 2 Qb's doing the same thing why bother drafting the other just to throw bubble screens? :lol:

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM

You mean with our awsome scoring offense? Fantastic

mateus
04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Kornhole and Wilb..oh, nevermind. Khole is lucky to still have a job after mouthing off so many times. That guy is a loud mouth.

I think we'll see TT as a 3rd and short specialist. Keep your pants on.

i never said they were the know it all experts. but i do trust there differing opinions a little more than supposed article writers. and well...PTI is a good show!

Ravage!!!
Nothing wrong with Gruden, he's a good guy and a great coach. But, im sure i could go back in time and find other coaches who think Harrington, Leaf, Akili Smith, etc that were great prospects also. Anyone can find a guy who meets their arguement. The draft is a crapshoot with a 50/50 chance of success with any given player. I personally just didnt like the "position" taken.

I also know we could find coaches that don't think Tebow is a good NFL prospect. We've heard them talk about it all week long. Its pretty easy to find one.

TXBRONC
That doesnt make any sense. Orton is still young and if you have 2 Qb's doing the same thing why bother drafting the other just to throw bubble screens? :lol:

Because three quarterbacks that can throw bubble screens is better than two? :confused: :D

ChampWJ
04-22-2010, 10:53 PM

Find some tape of him crying on the sideline and the game tape will no longer matter. He sucks!

WhosUrDaddy
04-22-2010, 10:56 PM

It makes perfect sense if Orton's not McD's wet dream. Orton is just a bandaid for Cutler. McD was never gonna be able to control Cutler. So bring in temp help till he can find his pet project

Dzone
04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Like Gruden said, Tebow brings MANPOWER to the broncos. great great pick
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/4-82009-mid.jpg

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Because three quarterbacks that can throw bubble screens is better than two? :confused: :D

I guess, but they could of hired me and not waste a draft pick at that rate. :lol:

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
you are just asking for a pick of him sitting on the sidelines crying...

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
It makes perfect sense if Orton's not McD's wet dream. Orton is just a bandaid for Cutler. McD was never gonna be able to control Cutler. So bring in temp help till he can find his pet project

McD thinks that Orton is the answer or so he has told us. :confused:

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n31/psyc007/TimTebowCrying.jpg

WhosUrDaddy
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
McD thinks that Orton is the answer or so he has told us. :confused:

Kinda like how fondly he spoke about Hillis in OTA's last year:shocked:

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:15 PM
kinda like how fondly he spoke about hillis in ota's last year:shocked:

exactly.

LRtagger
04-23-2010, 08:40 AM

Kiper said your boy Cutler would be a bust, too.

MNPatsFan
04-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Wow, I had to double check to see which forum I was on because the anger of a lot of the posters and Broncos fans on here mirrors the reaction of many Pats fans on various Pats forums regarding the Pats pick of the CB from Rutgers.:lol:

I am not going to even attempt to argue whether the Broncos actions or the Pats actions were good or bad because I am merely a fan, not a NFL personnel/draft expert. I will say that I was surprised by both the Broncos and Pats drafts so far. However, we will have to wait a couple of seasons to see whether the drafts were good or bad.

I will also say (as I did in the smack forum in response to a Raiders fan) that what I have heard, Tebow has the drive, focus and desire to make the corrects and adjustments that allegedly he needs to make in order to make this pick look good or great. I don't expect Tebow to start or play except in sub or specialty packages this year and even maybe next year. He can sit behind Orton and Quinn, watch and learn and make the adjustment to his throwing motion etc. habit and natural so that he won't revert to his old form when he is under pressure scrambling for his life.

Still it comes down to the fact that only time will tell whether the Broncos and Pats drafts were good or not.

Mike
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Lesson in life...who the heck cares what other people think?

dunk7
04-23-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm not going to comment on whether I think that Tebow will be an NFL starter because that is almost impossible to predict. The stupidity of this pick is due to the fact that you don't pick a guy that was projected to fall to the third or fourth round in the first considering Clausen was still on the board. We have many more needs on this football team then to risk a first rounder on a project QB.

GEM
04-23-2010, 09:55 AM

If youz like dis pick youz don't knowz no foozball!!!!

:rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Wow, I had to double check to see which forum I was on because the anger of a lot of the posters and Broncos fans on here mirrors the reaction of many Pats fans on various Pats forums regarding the Pats pick of the CB from Rutgers.:lol:

I am not going to even attempt to argue whether the Broncos actions or the Pats actions were good or bad because I am merely a fan, not a NFL personnel/draft expert. I will say that I was surprised by both the Broncos and Pats drafts so far. However, we will have to wait a couple of seasons to see whether the drafts were good or bad.

I will also say (as I did in the smack forum in response to a Raiders fan) that what I have heard, Tebow has the drive, focus and desire to make the corrects and adjustments that allegedly he needs to make in order to make this pick look good or great. I don't expect Tebow to start or play except in sub or specialty packages this year and even maybe next year. He can sit behind Orton and Quinn, watch and learn and make the adjustment to his throwing motion etc. habit and natural so that he won't revert to his old form when he is under pressure scrambling for his life.

Still it comes down to the fact that only time will tell whether the Broncos and Pats drafts were good or not.

If you would like to become an NFL/personnel draft expert, you need to spend as much time as you possibly can on here, as we have MANY on here who THINK they qualify as an NFL/personnel draft expert

Northman
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
If you would like to become an NFL/personnel draft expert, you need to spend as much time as you possibly can on here, as we have MANY on here who THINK they quality as an NFL/personnel draft expert

I dont think, i know. :coffee::D

Slick
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm not going to comment on whether I think that Tebow will be an NFL starter because that is almost impossible to predict. The stupidity of this pick is due to the fact that you don't pick a guy that was projected to fall to the third or fourth round in the first considering Clausen was still on the board. We have many more needs on this football team then to risk a first rounder on a project QB.

Word from Shefter was the Bills were trying to move back into the 1st to get Tebow.

We had the luxury to take Tebow at 24 and still hang on to all the picks we accumulated by moving back, and still improve the hell out of the team while gambling on Tebow.

We still have enough picks to solidify the roster so I'm not in panic mode like some, but I would have liked to see us hold on to those picks.

GEM
04-23-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm not gonna get over it! I am very concerned about my team. I look forward to football every year and now I'm very upset and scared that this next season is going to s#%t.

What did you do with yourself for the past few seasons then....cause....wait for it....our seasons have been shit since 2005. ;)

GEM
04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Cleveland gave up a future 1st and a second rounder to move back into the first for Quinn.

This move reeks worse than that!

Somewhere in Baltimore the cops should be talking to Ozzie Newsome because he ripped McD off and did his lady in the process.

Somewhere in Miami Brandon Marshall is laughing his ass off!

Let's just hope when he was done laughing he didn't pimp slap the wife. :shocked:

Mike
04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Word from Shefter was the Bills were trying to move back into the 1st to get Tebow.

We had the luxury to take Tebow at 24 and still hang on to all the picks we accumulated by moving back, and still improve the hell out of the team while gambling on Tebow.

We still have enough picks to solidify the roster so I'm not in panic mode like some, but I would have liked to see us hold on to those picks.

A NE fan in my office says he read a NE article stating NE was ready to get him in the 2nd also.

dunk7
04-23-2010, 10:08 AM

I had heard that but keep in mind, I think there are a lot of mind games that teams play during the draft. For instance, the Super Chokers moved up for Ryan Mathews because they heard someone was interested. No way anyone was touching him IMHO.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah... EVERYONE was going to 'jump' on him if we didn't. Bully for us for being the genius' that made this move.

Slick
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah... EVERYONE was going to 'jump' on him if we didn't. Bully for us for being the genius' that made this move.

Not even mildly intrigued about the Tebow pick Rav?

The simple fact that he could turn a third and 6 into a first down simply because of his legs is more intriguing to me than watching Kyle throw a pass at Knowshon's feet, punting, and hoping our defense can hold them.

roomemp
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM

I agree.....True fans root AGAINST their team :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817b7b9d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

NEW YORK -- Tim Tebow, first-round draft pick.

Get used to it.

The great college quarterback that so many pundits insist will be a bust at the position in the NFL became part of some very elite company near the end of the first round of the draft Thursday night. That was when the Denver Broncos sent shock waves throughout the league by using the 25th overall choice, which followed four trades (two down and two up), on Tebow. Tebow came after the second upward move.

Crazy or brilliant?

Time will tell (and by most estimations, Tebow is considered a two- or three-year project), but no other choice is going to be scrutinized as heavily as this one.

If you can get past the fact that some NFL scouts and a number of analysts see the former Florida star as perhaps an H-back or filling some other position other than quarterback, try and wrap your brain around this: He was only one of two quarterbacks selected in the first round. The other, of course, was Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, whom the St. Louis Rams made the top overall pick.

Everyone expected the Rams to do what they did.

No one expected the Broncos, or any team, to take Tebow ahead of Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen.

Conventional wisdom had Clausen as the second-best quarterback in the draft. He was expected to be chosen somewhere in the first round, but that never happened. He certainly was expected to be picked ahead of Tebow.

Crazy or brilliant?

Clausen was supposed to have the sound passing mechanics. He was the one who played for former/current NFL offensive coordinator Charlie Weis and, therefore, seemingly was better prepared than perhaps any quarterback in the college crop for the NFL.

But there were questions about Clausen's personality, whether he could be an effective leader. Many teams were known to be bothered by that, and clearly, enough of them were turned off to allow Clausen to fall right out of the first round.

There were no such concerns about Tebow.

No, the rap on him was, well, poor mechanics. He had that low, looping release that he spent the past couple of months trying to fix. Sure, he was the consummate winner, with a 35-6 record as a starting quarterback. He was tough. He was an excellent athlete. He was big and strong and a man of sterling character.

The only thing he couldn't do, according to the so-called experts, was throw a football well enough to succeed in the NFL.

It's likely the experts haven't changed their mind. That, of course, puts the onus on Tebow and the Broncos to prove them wrong.

Tebow is a supremely confident young man. He has no doubts about his ability to have success in the NFL.

And, if you look at it, Denver is the perfect place for him.

For one thing, although Josh McDaniels still has a lot to prove as a head coach, his credentials as a teacher and developer of quarterbacks are exceptional. He has the skills to give Tebow the necessary instruction to adapt his game to the NFL.

McDaniels has another crucial ingredient: Time.

McDaniels is only in his second season with the Broncos, and he will have the two or three years it might require to mold Tebow into a competent (or better) starter. Meanwhile, Kyle Orton can hold down the job. Orton also has the right personality to handle having a mega-star behind him on the depth chart.

Another reason the Broncos are such a good fit for the former Gators quarterback is that they run a spread offense. That is the scheme that Tebow ran in college while playing for coach Urban Meyer, who has a close connection with New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, for whom McDaniels formerly served as an offensive coordinator.

The Broncos' spread offense is similar to the Patriots' spread offense. And Tebow should feel comfortable in it. He shouldn't face a terribly difficult learning curve because the system will allow him to use his considerable athleticism, along with his strong passing arm.

McDaniels' creativity is one more factor to consider. He will find ways to incorporate Tebow in the offense as a change-up to Orton in certain situations. McDaniels will figure out how to take advantage of the physical talent that the Broncos are able to employ until Tebow has the mental part of the job down well enough to use him more extensively.

Crazy or brilliant?

We'll see. And we'll scrutinize.

Northman
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Not even mildly intrigued about the Tebow pick Rav?

The simple fact that he could turn a third and 6 into a first down simply because of his legs is more intriguing to me than watching Kyle throw a pass at Knowshon's feet, punting, and hoping our defense can hold them.

And every defense will know that when they face him. There's no surprise factor here with a kid who is a project at best.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Just a teaser for you doubters who think Tebow can't throw the ball:

First, Tebow threw for 88 TDs compared to 18 Ints in college... Some of you will say "dink and dunk", but WTF offense do you think we run, anyway?

Second, Tebow holds pretty much every PASSING record for a high school QB in the state of Florida. That's right I said PASSING.

His passing numbers aren't a fluke. His winning isn't a fluke.

Jerry Rice was too slow. Joe Montana didn't have the arm strength. Let's give the greatest college football player IN HISTORY an opportunity to learn up and then suit up at the pro level before we label him a stupid pick or "bust".

Everyone here has seen the guy play (if you haven't, you live under a rock). The guy is a baller, period.

Slick
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
And every defense will know that when they face him. There's no surprise factor here with a kid who is a project at best.

Fine. Just like every defense knows that Orton doesn't throw the ball more than 8 yards or that he couldn't escape the pocket if there was a bottle of Jack and three dime pieces waiting for him at the first down marker.

I'll be optimistic. You guys can wallow in your own misery.

Gimpygod
04-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Hold on. This poster comes here to post his displeasure at a draft pick tonight, a bunch of you jump all over him, accuse him making idiotic judgments, and then for good measure call him an idiot and/or stupid.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Attack the post if you like but lay off the poster. Sometimes you all are damn embarrassing. . .

its quite simple, many people here are idiots. You even mention Kool-Aid and these people have drunk 3 gallons before you can say, "ooh-ya!" McDaniels could shave down 21 orangutans and replace all of our current players with those newly Barbered critters and we would have a solid contingent of individuals here who would say, "how do you know it won't work? Let's give it a chance before we get to critical." And then when some smart reporter said, "why only 21 orangutans? There are 22 players." To which McDaniels would respond, "of course, stupid! We shaved a chimpanzee to be quarterback because of the intangibles and we are pretty sure we can fix his throwing motion." To which the nut bars here would exclaim, "McDaniels is a genius! We must capture his seed so that all future generations can benefit!!"

PS I like this pick because now I feel like I have someone I could root for... then again, I'm an idiot.:beer:
PPS The above depicted scenario would really piss off Charlton Heston because he would completely understand the slippery slope implications. (For sci-fi movie buffs only)

Krugan
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Its not that he is a Bronco that bothers me, its how he got to be here that drives me buggy.

So costly.

Cant tell me that he wouldnt have been there at 21(he was) or at 24 before we traded down the first time. Im thinking thomas is there in the 2nd, and if not there were other recievers that could fill that hole. Wont deny the WR corps is a mess, and well it still is! 2 first round projects, head scratcher is being nice.

So many holes to fill, even in a crapshoot, the more picks we could have saved the better the chance to fill the holes.

GEM
04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
its quite simple, many people here are idiots. You even mention Kool-Aid and these people have drunk 3 gallons before you can say, "ooh-ya!" McDaniels could shave down 21 orangutans and replace all of our current players with those newly Barbered critters and we would have a solid contingent of individuals here who would say, "how do you know it won't work? Let's give it a chance before we get to critical." And then when some smart reporter said, "why only 21 orangutans? There are 22 players." To which McDaniels would respond, "of course, stupid! We shaved a chimpanzee to be quarterback because of the intangibles and we are pretty sure we can fix his throwing motion." To which the nut bars here would exclaim, "McDaniels is a genius! We must capture his seed so that all future generations can benefit!!"

PS I like this pick because now I feel like I have someone I could root for... then again, I'm an idiot.:beer:
PPS The above depicted scenario would really piss off Charlton Heston because he would completely understand the slippery slope implications. (For sci-fi movie buffs only)

Yep the optimism runs as deep as the pessimism. There's no in the middle. It's love or hate and the only thing in common is the passion felt by the fans.

You say tomato, I say tomoto. ;) I'm a nutjob for supporting these idiots. You're a nutjob for hating these idiots. It just depends on which side of the fence you sit as to the perceptions of the other side.

In the end, we're all fans, we all want the same outcome, we just all see how we get there very differently....and that's ok, that's what a message board is for, opinions. Everyone's got one. :D

Now, everyone sit in an effing circle and sing kum-bay-*******-ya.

:lol:

Gimpygod
04-23-2010, 10:50 AM

which is exactly why it's completely stupid to get rid of Brandon Marshall for draft picks or Schef for that matter. But for some reason people around here think draft picks for our proven players equal success when you just now said it's a crapshoot. So which is it?

Northman
04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
which is exactly why it's completely stupid to get rid of Brandon Marshall for draft picks or Schef for that matter. But for some reason people around here think draft picks for our proven players equal success when you just now said it's a crapshoot. So which is it?

Ive never made that statement. All ive ever said is if the player doesnt want to be here and doesnt want to play for the Broncos than you move them and get whatever compensation you can. Now, if McD starts trading guys like Doom or Royal than i would have some deeper concerns but right now he is just moving guys that dont want to be here or dont fit into his system.

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 11:04 AM

In the spirit of your excitement of drafting Tim Freakin Tebow, i decided to commission myself by you to paint Tim Tebow. Thank you for asking me.
We will auction the painting off at the Annual Tim Freakin Tebow Prayer Request Luncheon at the Luxor in Vegas. Enjoy my work.

http://www.davidcoursonart.com/image/Tim%20Tebow.jpg

Northman
04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
In the spirit of your excitement of drafting Tim Freakin Tebow, i decided to commission myself by you to paint Tim Tebow. Thank you for asking me.
We will action the painting off at the Annual Tim Freakin Tebow Prayer Request Luncheon at the Luxor in Vegas. Enjoy my work.

http://www.davidcoursonart.com/image/Tim%20Tebow.jpg

Great job Socal. I only wish he was shirtless.

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Great job Socal. I only wish he was shirtless.

Let me call him and see if he will do shirtless stuff!...............
Dammit! Josh keeps on answering Tebows celly!

GEM
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Let me call him and see if he will do shirtless stuff!...............
Dammit! Josh keeps on answering Tebows celly!

Going shirtless would break one of his celibacy promises. That is a no go, you perverts.

Gimpygod
04-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Going shirtless would break one of his celibacy promises. That is a no go, you perverts.

I'm starting to think Tim and I might Be twins or something! Chiseled good looks, check. Throwing motion, check. Completely celibate, (sob, sniffle) check...

Dean
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
leaving judgement of the pick aside. . . do you see a reason that, IF tebow at some point becomes our fulltime starting QB, clady couldn't/wouldn't be moved to right tackle? he's certainly big enough to play against bigger LDEs in the run game, and i think it's fair to call harris' future here questionable given the ongoing durability concerns and probably less than ideal fit in our current preferred blocking scheme. . .

It sounds like no big deal changing from LOT to ROT from the outside looking in. However, it is a huge change. The stance is different and feels uncomfortable to the player. All the muscle memory you have built up for years is no longer automatic so you have to think about each step, where you look, where your help is, and hand placement. Just not having a feel for exactly where the ball (QB or back) is can be disconcerting. You want the O-line to be completely reactionary. Thinking takes too long for reaction to occur.

When you couple all that with a player who can make a mint moving on, how will he take it?

Now if the question is can it be done, then of course it can but there is a learning curve attached to it and the duration of that learning is different for each and every player.