PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brandstater getting screwed?

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Seriously, does anyone else think Tom Brandstater is getting effed over?

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM
No.... just as I didn't think Plummer got screwed when we picked Cutler.

Brandstater never stood a chance of really getting on the field. How did he get screwed?

getlynched47
04-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes, very screwed. I guess the Broncos weren't as high on Brandstater as previously reported.

SBboundBRONCOS
04-22-2010, 09:37 PM
tom was a 6th rounder who the hell cares

Northman
04-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Not screwed but never given a real chance either. But that happens when you take a QB that high. Someone has to go and Orton has the most experience so i dont see that happen. Quinn maybe but i highly doubt it.

Ravage!!!
How is he getting screwed? Players are picked every draft, and someone is always on the team, that plays the same position, as someone drafted. Brandstater was barely a practice squad player. He's the last one that got screwed in any way

Fisticuffs
I care because he showed signs of being decent and now they are gonna dump him for a hype machine.

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
I think it's funny that Broncos fans were dying for them to give Brandstater a chance to start and now that Tebow got drafted he's nothing anymore. that sucks

BigDaddyBronco
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
He'll have a chance to beat out Brady Quinn. No big deal.

Northman
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
He'll have a chance to beat out Brady Quinn. No big deal.

Screw that. If you take a guy in the first he better be the starter. :lol:

Sparky The Sun Devil
04-22-2010, 09:43 PM
no, he couldnt impress coaches with the scout team, so its fault, he will be cut

LRtagger
04-22-2010, 09:44 PM
He'll be moved to the practice squad (is he eligible?) and I doubt anyone picks him up.

Nomad
04-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Whose to say Orton isn't out the door?? Funny all of a sudden people are Brandstater supporters!

Peerless
04-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Who the **** even cares about Brandstater? He was never going to amount to anything.

Fisticuffs
04-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I;ve always been a brandstater supporter (I'm a fresno state fan). I'm very unhappy they are gonna drop a project QB who they never gave a chance, for a project QB who is wayy overrated.

camdisco24
04-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Nope! Brandstater is a practice squad guy to me...

CrazyHorse
04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Like other people said he'll probably be put on Practice Squad.

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Brandstater never stood a chance from teh moment he was drafted. Players are picked in the draft every year. Just so you know, I'm not a Tebow fan, and wasn't calling for Brandstater to get on the field "before we drafted Tebow." I always knew Brandstater would never see the field.

JDL
04-22-2010, 10:14 PM

He didn't work hard over the season reportedly... he's a 6th rd pick.. people had their heads WAY up their @sses about the kid... he was a project from the start and would have been lucky to even develop into a backup and some are worried he isn't getting enough of a shot at the starter's gig? pleeassse child.

Tned
04-23-2010, 12:25 AM

No, of course not.

topscribe
04-23-2010, 12:38 AM
tom was a 6th rounder who the hell cares

Another Tom was, too.

Tom Brady. :coffee:

-----

BroncoWave
04-23-2010, 12:41 AM
:lol: There is only one thing I can say to this thread...

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/26/3a/1351328/original_image.png?1250215229

topscribe
04-23-2010, 12:41 AM

Brandstater has a stronger, more accurate arm than Quinn, and he's bigger and
stronger. He will have every opportunity to compete because that's McD's M.O.
I'm not sure Brandstater is the one who will go at this point . . .

-----

BroncoWave
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM

-----

I agree in part. I think Brandstater will be the one to go but you are correct in that he will still have every opportunity to succeed if he really is good enough to make it. I don't personally think he is but the acquisitions of Quinn and Tebow should make him work even harder he will still have a chance to prove his worth.

sneakers
04-23-2010, 02:35 AM
What did he make like almost half a million dollars last year for practicing with the Denver Broncos? Man, he did get a raw deal.

sneakers
04-23-2010, 02:35 AM

-----

Don't forget Brandstater is more masculine.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 02:36 AM
I like how he traded up to get Brandstater too.....

that was outstanding.

This guy has made worse decisions in the draft than Mike Shanahan did, and that's saying something.

Ziggy
04-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Screw that. If you take a guy in the first he better be the starter. :lol:

He will eventually. It doesn't have to be the 1st year. Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young, and Brett Favre were all QB's who didn't start thier first year. Young and Favre were both traded by the teams that drafted them in later years.

dogfish
04-23-2010, 04:00 AM
what? brandstater screwed us over when he didn't lead us to the super bowl!

Overtime
04-23-2010, 07:24 AM

-----

hope you're right scribe. Tebow was a bad bad mistake, and i hope it shows and they put that chump on the practice squad for 3 years and then cut his dubmass.

what I'm afraid will happen? Brandstater will get cut or put on the PS, some team will want to pick him up, we'll start Tebow and we'll suck badly, and Brandstater will go to some team and starting tearing it up, and we'll look like even dumber ****s for letting him go to.

i can't wait till McDumbshit is fired, this guy took a team loaded with talent and in the span of 15 months, ran every smidge of good talent away, drafted a QB with terrible mechanics who will never succeed in the NFL, and passed on Dez Bryant in favor of some receiver I never heard of before. :coffee:

Someone get me Marty Schottenheimer or Bill Cowher please. this shit has to stop, and hopefully with McDickless' horrible outing as a rookie head coach, this will prod the NFL to install new rules to not allow a rookie HC to be less than 45 years of age.

ursamajor
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Tom is going to the practice squad at best-Kyle has more experience, Quinn had a pick invested in him, and Tebow is a 1st rounder.

LRtagger
04-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Whose to say Orton isn't out the door?? Funny all of a sudden people are Brandstater supporters!

Unless Orton has an elite year in 2010, we will not extend him. In 2011 they will pull Brandstater up from the PS and Quinn, Tebow, and Brandy will compete for the job.

Lancane
04-23-2010, 09:14 AM

Nope...cause we're going to trade Orton tonight, Quinn will start, Brandstater will be the backup and Tebow will sit and learn and come in on Wildhorse plays.

:beer:

SOCALORADO.
04-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Nope...cause we're going to trade Orton tonight, Quinn will start, Brandstater will be the backup and Tebow will sit and learn and come in on Wildhorse plays.

:beer:
I think Ortons buying a ticket to Buffalo right now myself.
And yeah, Qwinn will start and Steve Young II will play
wildhorses for 10-14 plays a game.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM

WOW - how lucky are we at BF to have you join - we NOW have someone who has been picked to get all of the Broncos' inside scoop - even before the media.

GEM
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM

Hint....he couldn't pass Simms on the depth chart.... :whistle:

skater15
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I am so pissed at what the broncos did. Their new coach has no clue at what he's doing. Brandstater should be their atarter considering how bad their quaterbacks have done. Their coach should either get fired or just strictly be a quarterback coach. If brandstater reads this go play with a team that is going to let you play not one that is going to keep picking up quarterback and throwing you under the bus. Now tebow whats next. What are they going to draft another quarterback. This in nonsencs.

Dortoh
04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Who?

GEM
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I am so pissed at what the broncos did. Their new coach has no clue at what he's doing. Brandstater should be their atarter considering how bad their quaterbacks have done. Their coach should either get fired or just strictly be a quarterback coach. If brandstater reads this go play with a team that is going to let you play not one that is going to keep picking up quarterback and throwing you under the bus. Now tebow whats next. What are they going to draft another quarterback. This in nonsencs.

Hello Fresno fan. Welcome to the BRONCOS boards. :salute:

topscribe
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Tom is going to the practice squad at best-Kyle has more experience, Quinn had a pick invested in him, and Tebow is a 1st rounder.

Orton is going to have to have a terrific year to stay around. He's capable of it,
but will it happen? Will he stay healthy?

If he does not play lights out, then I look for him to move on because I don't
believe he will accept sitting on the bench.

But they all have draft picks invested in him. Cutler was traded for the 2 1sts and
a 3rd. Orton came over effectively for the 5th. Brandy came to us for a 6th.

What I see is what I believe McDaniels sees: potential in all of them. So you may
well be right: if Brandy does well, he may be headed for the PS.

However, Orton isn't going anywhere for a year or two. He is the only one
experienced in this offense, and he did a credible job last year, by McDaniels
own admission, even playing through his injuries. He is too valuable at this
stage to let go or send anywhere. Anyone who would like to see him go does
not realize how disastrous that would be.

-----

skater15
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
I am not a fresno fan. I have his 2009 playoff contenders rookie card which they only made 63 of. So my point is i want him to play and do good so his card goes up in value lol. I know it sounds sick but its true.

Italianmobstr7
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
He'll be moved to the practice squad (is he eligible?) and I doubt anyone picks him up.

Yes he's eligible for the PS and yes he'll be moved there. This Brandstater BS is getting too Hillis like for my taste. Brandstater had 1 good preseason game, get off his nuts. He'll go on the practice squad and be our #3 next year after we get rid of Orton.

Dortoh
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Is Tom getting screwed LMMFAO

Seriously the dude is a professional getting paid really good money to practice the game of football. All the while getting a front row seat to each and every game, home and away.

Forgive me if I dont feel very upset for "poor" Tom

*edit - not to mention the health insurance and vacation benifits are pretty solid.

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Hint....he couldn't pass Simms on the depth chart.... :whistle:

I'm going to remember that if Tebow plays behind Orton and Quinn this year.

GEM
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm going to remember that if Tebow plays behind Orton and Quinn this year.

How long has Brandstater been on the roster again?

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
How long has Brandstater been on the roster again?

1 year, which is how long Tebow will have been on after next season if he doesn't beat out Orton or Brady. Not to mention, as a first round pick, he's expected to comein and pust to start immediately, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

topscribe
04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
1 year, which is how long Tebow will have been on after next season if he doesn't beat out Orton or Brady. Not to mention, as a first round pick, he's expected to comein and pust to start immediately, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Tebow will probably assume #2 simply because he was drafted in the 1st round.

Orton may be a different story. Remember San Diego and the Brees/Rivers
situation. Brees kept Rivers on the bench for a couple years, and then he went on
to stardom elsewhere, while Rivers assumed the role in San Diego. That could be
a possibility here, depending on how Orton plays this next year. And Orton will be
playing healthy (hopefully) in a now familiar offense with a familiar team.

McDaniels said there would be "incredible competition" at QB this year. I think he
believes that.

-----

GEM
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Alright then, bring it up in a year. :salute:

topscribe
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Alright then, bring it up in a year. :salute:
Yup. I don't know what more I can say about it. So I will try to say nothing . . . :laugh:

-----

silkamilkamonico
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Tebow will probably assume #2 simply because he was drafted in the 1st round.

Orton may be a different story. Remember San Diego and the Brees/Rivers
situation. Brees kept Rivers on the bench for a couple years, and then he went on
to stardom elsewhere, while Rivers assumed the role in San Diego. That could be
a possibility here, depending on how Orton plays this next year. And Orton will be
playing healthy (hopefully) in a now familiar offense with a familiar team.

McDaniels said there would be "incredible competition" at QB this year. I think he
believes that.

-----

I hope so. I cannot believe for one second that Tebow will actually push these guys for competition though. He's a classic case of a workout warrior in every sense, with added personality.

He couldn't read defenses at Florida, where they never had to alter schemes because they simply outmanned everyone.

He's not an accurate passer in a sense of being able to make every throw.

He wasn't a great decision maker at all in Florida, in terms of going through his progressions.

I don't buy his "changing motion" will stick. Muscle memory runs deep, and he isn't going to all of a sudden wake up and have a completely changed throwing motion when he's under pressure. You can't do it with baseball pitchers, you can't really do it with QB's.

I would be curious as to how many QB's had a successfull career after a changed throwing motion.

topscribe
04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I hope so. I cannot believe for one second that Tebow will actually push these guys for competition though. He's a classic case of a workout warrior in every sense, with added personality.

He couldn't read defenses at Florida, where they never had to alter schemes because they simply outmanned everyone.

He's not an accurate passer in a sense of being able to make every throw.

He wasn't a great decision maker at all in Florida, in terms of going through his progressions.

I don't buy his "changing motion" will stick. Muscle memory runs deep, and he isn't going to all of a sudden wake up and have a completely changed throwing motion when he's under pressure. You can't do it with baseball pitchers, you can't really do it with QB's.

I would be curious as to how many QB's had a successfull career after a changed throwing motion.

As so often happens, a player tries to correct a mechanical problem, and it
works fine in practice. Then he gets into the real battle and reverts to the old
habits. I've seen that time and again.

Tebow reminds me of a QB some years ago, who played for the Minnesota
Vikings: Joe Kapp. Joe had neither a tight spiral nor a "frozen rope," as it is
often described. It was often described as a "dying quail." He just got it there
somehow. However, Kapp got away with that and won some games. I hope
Tebow can, too . . .

-----

OrangeHoof
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Brandstater got a nice salary for doing next to nothing but hang around Dove Valley and shout "attaboy, Kyle" on cue and deliver a butt slap once in awhile.

If he *really* wants to be a starting NFL quarterback, he'd have been better off going to Canada and gaining experience.