PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Broncos draft a quarterback who can't throw the ball?

compucomp
04-22-2010, 09:14 PM
In the first round no less?

I've been a Broncos fan for 15 years and this is the first move that is IMO flat out ridiculously bad.

His measurables aren't great, so he can only play QB. What good are his "intangibles" going to do when he can't do the primary job of a QB, throw the ball?

What a ludicrous waste of a second, third, and fourth round pick. He will be out of the league within 3 years.

Peerless
04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
LOL really.

LRtagger
04-22-2010, 09:16 PM
McDaniels can teach a wet turd how to throw TD passes.

Not sure why we just didnt wait til our second round pick. Oh well.

Az Snake
04-22-2010, 09:17 PM

I've been a Broncos fan for 15 years and this is the first move that is IMO flat out ridiculously bad.

His measurables aren't great, so he can only play QB. What good are his "intangibles" going to do when he can't do the primary job of a QB, throw the ball?

What a ludicrous waste of a second, third, and fourth round pick. He will be out of the league within 3 years.

We didn't draft him, we traded Cutler to Chicago for him.

Fan in Exile
04-22-2010, 09:18 PM
We didn't wait because the Bills really wanted Tebow as well.

Mr D
If Matt Cassell (someone who never started in college) can turn into a starting QB in the NFL (60 million dollar QB)... are you seriously doubting Tebow?

shanahanfan24
tim tebow=3rd round pick NOT to the broncos

shanahanfan24
04-22-2010, 09:19 PM
hes a leftie look at leinart

compucomp
04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
If Matt Cassell (someone who never started in college) can turn into a starting QB in the NFL (60 million dollar QB)... are you seriously doubting Tebow?

His measurables are not that good, his arm is not strong, he has a ridiculous throwing motion that he has to completely revamp, he played in a spread offense, and his style of play is trucking over defenders.

That's 5 red flags right there as far as him playing in the NFL. Do I really need to look for some more?

underrated29
04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
tim tebow=3rd round pick NOT to the broncos

Nope. Tim tebow= 1st round pick TO the broncos.

:lol:

honz
04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
hes a leftie look at leinart
Steve Young was a lefty, parrot.

Bosco
04-22-2010, 09:23 PM
His measurables are not that good The hell they aren't.

his arm is not strong

he has a ridiculous throwing motion that he has to completely revamp Which has already begun and now he gets to work under a QB guru.

he played in a spread offense Which is alot like what Denver runs.

underrated29
04-22-2010, 09:23 PM
His measurables are not that good, his arm is not strong, he has a ridiculous throwing motion that he has to completely revamp, he played in a spread offense, and his style of play is trucking over defenders.

That's 5 red flags right there as far as him playing in the NFL. Do I really need to look for some more?

I hear he has herpes....

CrazyHorse
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
No way in Hell the Tebow pick turns out worse than Jarvis Moss.

Skacorica
04-22-2010, 09:26 PM

The joke here is that you obviously have not watched the guy play. He was a 70% passer, wtf you mean cant throw the ball. Genius post.

Peerless
04-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Dude, he's a virgin.

Shazam!
04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Compucomp knows more about QBs than Josh McDaniels can ever know if he lived to be 1,000.

xX-Bronco-Xx
04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
:confused:

:elefant::elefant::elefant:

Broncolingus
04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Why did the Broncos draft a quarterback who can't throw the ball?

http://www.razaodiada.orconhosting.net.nz/Stupid%20thread.gif

compucomp
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM
This board loves to flame Orton. Orton is an infinitely better quarterback than Tim Tebow will ever be. At least he can make a positive gain on offense by throwing the ball, as opposed to Tebow who has to truck his defenders, and we all know how that won't work in the NFL.

camdisco24
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Did the OP ever watch Tebow play a game in college???
Can't throw... hmmmmmmm.

scott.475
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
http://www.razaodiada.orconhosting.net.nz/Stupid%20thread.gif

Immediately is spelled wrong on that sign :D Classic :lol:

I'm willing to give the guy a chance. Compared to what we have been through the last few years (maybe I shouldn't say it) but how much wor...never mind, I am not going to say it. Still, I am really ready to give both Tebow and Quinn a chance.

Know something? Even when I am confused as heck over what is going on, I ALWAYS wear my orange colored glasses, hoping for the best for my Broncos.

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I watched him play..

He is NOT a throwing QB. Thats why the coaches and scouts after watchign the senior bowl.. all went "Uhmmm.... so... you SURE you dont' want to play TE??"

This is not a pick you build around. Terrible pick.......

MileHiWildcat
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
What did Pat Bowlen hire a coach that couldn't run a lemonade stand ?

Hoser
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Okay look, I get you don't like the pick, but can you at least take a reasonable stance so that it's not impossible to discuss something with you?

It isn't that Tebow "can't throw a football", it's that he has somewhat of an awkward throwing motion, however, the ONLY thing wrong with it really is that he drops the ball too low. He keeps the ball around his hip, all he has to do is keep the ball right up above his shoulder and it's fixed. He's not changing the release point or the motion, he just doesn't keep the ball down around his hip.

I think Tebow is going to be somebody the fans fall in love with. He's the kind of player that is going to love the team and give it all to the team like any of us would if we were in the same situation.

I can't root against somebody like that, and I'm certainly not going to. We just drafted somebody who IMO is going to outwork every rookie to come out of this draft. He needs to change his mechanics a bit, and everything I've heard has said his footwork on drops is looking excellent.

Tebow only lacks in the things that can be coached, his intangibles are that of a #1 overall pick. I am confident that he'll take those intangibles, and turn himself into a great player. If Tony Romo or Kurt Warner, both UDFA's, or Tom Brady, a 6th rounder, can become a top QB in the NFL, why can't Tebow? Being a QB is about how hard you are willing to work, and I know Tebow is going to bust his ass to be great.

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Dude, he's a virgin.

That is a sweeeeet sig dude.

BMF Bronco
04-22-2010, 11:16 PM
15 WHOLE YEARS? wow...............

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 11:19 PM
HE's never taken a snap from center. Something else we have to teach? Reading defenses.. somethign else we have to teach him. Reading from under center....footwork from under center...

I know Tebow is a great athlete. There is no denying this... but even during and after his time in college, anyone that watched him was "this kid is NOT NFL ready." How many QBs have come out of college that couldn't throw while in college, turned into passers once they made it to the NFL?

underrated29
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Dude, he's a virgin.

I know.
And he still has the herp. Definite red flag.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM

Well, why were we so selfish? Why didn't we let Buffalo have him?

-----

Hoser
04-22-2010, 11:24 PM
HE's never taken a snap from center. Something else we have to teach? Reading defenses.. somethign else we have to teach him. Reading from under center....footwork from under center...

I know Tebow is a great athlete. There is no denying this... but even during and after his time in college, anyone that watched him was "this kid is NOT NFL ready." How many QBs have come out of college that couldn't throw while in college, turned into passers once they made it to the NFL?

I get the doubts, I truly do, I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with him AT ALL. He has a lot of work to do.

However, when you look at guys like Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and Tony Romo. They weren't just guys that were really lucky who happened to become awesome. They didn't have awesome mechanics, they didn't have a perfect release, they weren't great in any way.

NONE of them were NFL ready. They were UDFA's and 6th rounders, so what exactly was it that made them good? It clearly was their desire to put in the work and beat out everybody in front of them.

There is no shred of doubt in my mind that Tebow is going to put in all the work needed to prove everybody except the Broncos wrong.

Trust me, prior to about 8 hours ago I HATED the idea of getting Tebow, I thought it would have been the stupidest thing to do, but then I made a post at DB.com explaining my change of heart, and honestly, I'm happy we got him.

I couldn't be more excited about our future. He's not perfect now, but I know he's going to work and learn what he needs to learn to be great.

I know you and many aren't going to agree with me, but I think Tebow is going to be incredible for us.

Ravage!!!
what I don't understand, is that Tim didn't come from a poor family. His family is pretty "well-to-do".

So.. why is it, that Tebow knew he was building a career to go to the NFL. During all these years in college, he KNEW he was criticized and critiqued poorly for his throwing and throwing motion. So how is it, he nver got the coaching to work on these things?? He could have had the best coaches from anywhere in the country to help him, but he never got any help and/or coaching to work on his throwing motion? Why not? Why wait 4 weeks before your 'pro-day' to try and change your entire muscle memory and habits?

topscribe
This board loves to flame Orton. Orton is an infinitely better quarterback than Tim Tebow will ever be. At least he can make a positive gain on offense by throwing the ball, as opposed to Tebow who has to truck his defenders, and we all know how that won't work in the NFL.

I do believe Orton throws a better ball at this time, but I think you're overdoing
the "can't throw" thing regarding Tebow. The Broncos hosted him at Dove
Valley twice within a week. If he couldn't throw, the Broncos would not have
selected him at all, let alone in the first round.

-----

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 11:26 PM

Well, why were we so selfish? Why didn't we let Buffalo have him?

-----

I'm with top on this. I dont think this should have been reason enough to jump up and give away so much to get him. Considering how bad the bills have drafted, it worries me that THEY wanted him.

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm with top on this. I dont think this should have been reason enough to jump up and give away so much to get him. Considering how bad the bills have drafted, it worries me that THEY wanted him.

Yea, i have trouble with that arguement as well. Some have even said he is the best college player ever. So why didnt he go #1 overall? I mean, best ever is a lofty praise to put on a player. Buffalo hasnt had the greatest of luck at selecting QB's so the fact they really wanted him and no one else is concerning.

sacmar
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm down for giving the kid a shot....dude's attitude is awesome !! We haven't had a guy that's stuck since elway, one more qb battling it out is fine with me.

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Elway still has the GREATEST rating of any player to ever come out of collge... at ANY position. This is no Elway, and Tebow isn't the greatest college player ever.

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Elway still has the GREATEST rating of any player to ever come out of collge... at ANY position. This is no Elway, and Tebow isn't the greatest college player ever.

And i think the programs between Florida and Stanford are worlds apart.

underrated29
04-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Yea, i have trouble with that arguement as well. Some have even said he is the best college player ever. So why didnt he go #1 overall? I mean, best ever is a lofty praise to put on a player. Buffalo hasnt had the greatest of luck at selecting QB's so the fact they really wanted him and no one else is concerning.

Hey- Doom led the college nation in sacks and he went 4th round. Why didnt the sack leader go in1?

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey- Doom led the college nation in sacks and he went 4th round. Why didnt the sack leader go in1?

What does that have to do with Tebow?

underrated29
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
You asked if tebow was the best college player why didnt he go #1

I said that doom was the best college sack player and he went 4th round.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm down for giving the kid a shot....dude's attitude is awesome !! We haven't had a guy that's stuck since elway, one more qb battling it out is fine with me.

Yes, it's fine with me, too.

What bothers me is where the Broncos selected him and what they gave up and passed up to get him . . .

-----

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
You asked if tebow was the best college player why didnt he go #1

I said that doom was the best college sack player and he went 4th round.

I didnt ask if he was the best college player i said other people were claiming him to be the best college player and if that was the case why didnt he go number one. I never said Doom was the best college player nor have i ever heard a fan say so. Bad comparison my man.

topscribe

I'm not sure that's relevant, U29. Brady, for instance, went in the 6th round, didn't he?

-----

Northman
Yes, it's fine with me, too.

What bothers me is where the Broncos selected him and what they gave up and passed up to get him . . .

-----

Yep, thats all. Im with you. It is what it is but i disagree with the placement and the position taken there.

Hoser
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I didnt ask if he was the best college player i said other people were claiming him to be the best college player and if that was the case why didnt he go number one. I never said Doom was the best college player nor have i ever heard a fan say so. Bad comparison my man.

If the best college player always went #1 then the Heisman trophy winner would go 1st every single season. That's obviously not the case.

People are scared of his inability to transfer to the NFL, but I'm convinced he has the mindset and intangibles to make himself great.

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I don't dislike Tebow the man, or the athlete. He's a physical speciman....and I know we needed to get a QB. But if you are going to use a top pic on a QB, at least get one that is a passing QB. This is a passing league. Tebow isn't a passing QB. Thats what bothers me

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
If the best college player always went #1 then the Heisman trophy winner would go 1st every single season. That's obviously not the case.

People are scared of his inability to transfer to the NFL, but I'm convinced he has the mindset and intangibles to make himself great.

And im not convinced. We agree to disagree then. :whoknows:

Hoser
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
And im not convinced. We agree to disagree then. :whoknows:

Just wondering, what about him are you not convinced of? Are you just not convinced that he actually will work hard enough to be good, or do you just think it's not possible?

Gatorbyt
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Sounds like somebody has been listening too much to Kiper and McShay.

- Passing efficiency rating (last year only - don't have career #): 164.1
(led nation)
- Completion %age - career: 66.4%
- Interception %age - career: 1.6% (wow!)
- Yds. per completion (career): 14.0 (he wasn't just dinking and dunking)

Those of us who have watched Tebow for 4 years - and seen his box scores and tracked his extremely high passer rating and accuracy numbers for 4 years - know that he is a very accurate passer. The vast majority of general fans (especially NFL fans who are consuming this draft "analysis" misinformation), however, don't have any more of a clue than the "gurus" who are 99% of the time talking right out of their arse.

So, TT led the nation in QB rating..was in the top 4 all 3 years in ypa and ypc...has a higher completion % on passes over 15 yards than Sam Bradford...threw for 88 tds against only 16 int....and did all this while playing against 22 top 25 defenses in his last 42 games. Which means he faced a far, far higher level of competition than any of the other QBs in the draft.

Y'all are going to be surprised at how strong his arm and accuracy are. As for his throwing motion, the problem was him dropping the ball down by his hip. He's worked to eliminate that, and believe me, when Tebow works on something, he works harder than anybody!

topscribe
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't dislike Tebow the man, or the athlete. He's a physical speciman....and I know we needed to get a QB. But if you are going to use a top pic on a QB, at least get one that is a passing QB. This is a passing league. Tebow isn't a passing QB. Thats what bothers me

That's what bothered me about Tebow's highlights: run, run, run, pass. Run,
run, run, pass. And the passes did not particularly impress me.

Tebow is an impressive runner. But then, Knowshon Moreno is an impressive
runner - and I don't see him playing QB. If we were going to gut our draft
choices for a QB, why didn't we just empty the bag and go for Bradford? Then
we would have had a passing QB.

-----

Northman
04-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Just wondering, what about him are you not convinced of? Are you just not convinced that he actually will work hard enough to be good, or do you just think it's not possible?

I dont think its possible. I dont doubt his heart, work ethic, etc. I just think he is a project that is going to take many years if at all possible for him to achieve success in this league. He wasnt a pure passer while in college and although not nearly as bad as Scott Frost from Nebraska it does remind me a bit of him. I dont like running first Qb's. Mobility is great but only when added to a passer who has great accuracy and the mechanics to do so. Tebow to me is a great player who you take in the 3rd or 4th round. But with all the hype they've put this kid in a very tough position because if things go sour with Orton or Quinn many will expect this kid to be the franchise QB because of where he was taken in the draft. I would LOVE for this guy to prove me wrong but i really dont see it happening unfortuantely. I do hope the weekend turns out better in terms of what i perceive to be quality picks to help the team overall, not 3 years from now.

Hoser
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM

(led nation)

Those of us who have watched Tebow for 4 years - and seen his box scores and tracked his extremely high passer rating and accuracy numbers for 4 years - know that he is a very accurate passer. The vast majority of general fans (especially NFL fans who are consuming this draft "analysis" misinformation), however, don't have any more of a clue than the "gurus" who are 99% of the time talking right out of their arse.

So, TT led the nation in QB rating..was in the top 4 all 3 years in ypa and ypc...has a higher completion % on passes over 15 yards than Sam Bradford...threw for 88 tds against only 16 int....and did all this while playing against 22 top 25 defenses in his last 42 games. Which means he faced a far, far higher level of competition than any of the other QBs in the draft.

Y'all are going to be surprised at how strong his arm and accuracy are. As for his throwing motion, the problem was him dropping the ball down by his hip. He's worked to eliminate that, and believe me, when Tebow works on something, he works harder than anybody!

I definitely like the Tebow pick, but college stats really do not matter in the NFL.

That being said, his leadership ability and intangibles are off the charts, and I think he'll be a great player for us.

Overtime
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Tebow Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoser
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Tebow Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL OMG U MUST FEEL SO COOL WHAT AN AWESOME POST YOU HAVE BLOWN MY MIND WITH THE INTENSE CONTRIBUTIONS YOU JUST MADE TO THE BOARD HOLY COW OMGOMGMOGMOGMOGMOMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMMGOMOGMOGM

lol

sweetpickbro
04-23-2010, 12:19 AM

(led nation)

all that stuff you just posted is cute and all..
CMP ATT YDS CMP YDS/A TD INT RAT
214 317 2952 67.5 9.31 32 4 176.5

look at those.. pretty similar to tebows right? .. guess why? because that's alex smith, who just happened to play in the same system the tebow played in.. smith had a better completion percentage, rating .. better interception % etc.etc.etc. .. how much good did that do him in the pros? 0..

tebow's numbers are a by-product of the system. it's a pretty simple system.. not a lot of reads and he had HOURS in the pocket.. he's not going to have that in the NFL.. plus he's not gonna be on a loaded florida squad playing a physically outmatched opponent every week.

G_Money
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
I dont think its possible. I dont doubt his heart, work ethic, etc. I just think he is a project that is going to take many years if at all possible for him to achieve success in this league. He wasnt a pure passer while in college and although not nearly as bad as Scott Frost from Nebraska it does remind me a bit of him. I dont like running first Qb's. Mobility is great but only when added to a passer who has great accuracy and the mechanics to do so. Tebow to me is a great player who you take in the 3rd or 4th round. But with all the hype they've put this kid in a very tough position because if things go sour with Orton or Quinn many will expect this kid to be the franchise QB because of where he was taken in the draft. I would LOVE for this guy to prove me wrong but i really dont see it happening unfortuantely. I do hope the weekend turns out better in terms of what i perceive to be quality picks to help the team overall, not 3 years from now.

And that's the only question that really matters. Tebow is GONNA put the work in. Is there ever gonna be enough work that can be put in to make him an upper echelon QB in the pros?

I remember a kid out of Stanford who ran too much and didn't throw a catchable ball (too hard, kid!) who made it work because he was a winner who struggled through a bad system for him and a coach who disliked him and just WON.

Vince Young just friggin' wins, ugly-ass throwing motion and all.

Tebow has an uncanny belief in himself. Is that enough? No. But will it get him a good start? I think it will.

I don't know if he can make it as a QB in the pros. I dunno if McDaniels will last long enough for Tebow to learn the pro game and still have Josh as his coach.

But if there's anything that offshore gambling has taught me, it's not to bet against Tim Tebow. The kid has the heart of a lion even if he has the arm of a goat - and that whole goat-arm thing hasn't been proven yet.

He wouldn't have been my pick to lead the team into the future, but it's not an automatic fail for the kid either.

The rest of the weekend I don't want to see any more picks that we hope will mature in the 2013 season either, though - can we please help ourselves NOW just a little bit? Our FA season wasn't THAT good.

~G

JDL
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM

(led nation)

Ha ha ha.... this has to be a joke... college passing stats aren't very indicative of a QBs ability... if that was really the case then no reason we should not have taken Colt McCoy over Tebow - or better example... go track down Graham Harrell... why didn't we take him? lol.

We will see if Tebow can correct his mechanics enough to be a consistent - NFL passer. Tebow played in a college passing system that has not been conducive to producing good NFL players. Tebow right now throws a lot like Vince Young. Really loses a lot of accuracy the deeper he throws and that is due to poor mechanics. Still, his feet, toughness and leadership give him an opportunity to develop. I would also point out that Cassell was a pretty terrible passer (and I still think he is) but McDaniels did get a lot out of him and helped him develop much better throwing mechanics, but Tebow is twice as bad. I don't expect him to overcome his deficiencies, but I wouldn't put it past him either because it won't be from a lack of effort and he seems like a fairly sharp person as well. I find myself rooting for him more than even a typical Broncos draft pick.

Shazam!
04-23-2010, 12:27 AM
alex smith, who just happened to play in the same system the tebow played in.. smith had a better completion percentage, rating .. better interception % etc.etc.etc. .. how much good did that do him in the pros?

Let me refresh your memory. It was Alex Smith's Niners who helped destroy the Broncos playoff hopes a few short years ago.

He has been mismanaged by a horrible SF team for a few years, juggled Coordiantors and has shown flashes. He definitely showed steady solid improvement last year, and he's something to watch in SF with the new regime. Singletary is on to something in SF.

Im not making excuses for him, but someone like Cutler came into a much better situation just a year later than Smith did.

Northman
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
And that's the only question that really matters. Tebow is GONNA put the work in. Is there ever gonna be enough work that can be put in to make him an upper echelon QB in the pros?

I remember a kid out of Stanford who ran too much and didn't throw a catchable ball (too hard, kid!) who made it work because he was a winner who struggled through a bad system for him and a coach who disliked him and just WON.

Vince Young just friggin' wins, ugly-ass throwing motion and all.

Tebow has an uncanny belief in himself. Is that enough? No. But will it get him a good start? I think it will.

I don't know if he can make it as a QB in the pros. I dunno if McDaniels will last long enough for Tebow to learn the pro game and still have Josh as his coach.

But if there's anything that offshore gambling has taught me, it's not to bet against Tim Tebow. The kid has the heart of a lion even if he has the arm of a goat - and that whole goat-arm thing hasn't been proven yet.

He wouldn't have been my pick to lead the team into the future, but it's not an automatic fail for the kid either.

The rest of the weekend I don't want to see any more picks that we hope will mature in the 2013 season either, though - can we please help ourselves NOW just a little bit? Our FA season wasn't THAT good.

~G

The only difference is John ran out of necessity whereas Tebow was a designed runner. But i agree with everything else you said.

Gatorbyt
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, the only reason I put in college passing stats is that's all there is to go on at this time. My point being that he's much more accurate than he's been given credit for.

Dey-Dey-FRIDAY
04-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Because Josh McDaniels is a retard.

Shazam!
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Because Josh McDaniels is a retard.

What a fascinating second post.

Dey-Dey-FRIDAY
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
What a fascinating second post.

Thanks. It does have truth to it, though.

sweetpickbro
04-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Well, the only reason I put in college passing stats is that's all there is to go on at this time. My point being that he's much more accurate than he's been given credit for.

by-product of the system.. alex smith was a better passer than tebow.. and his career NFL completion percentage is 56% ..

compucomp
04-23-2010, 10:51 AM
All this talk about his college stats, his "intangibles", leadership, reminds me of a certain QB for the Titans who up until recently was one of the greatest draft busts of all time and on whom the jury is still very much out on.... Vince Young.

By all accounts, Vince Young is more athletic and quicker than Tebow and his throwing motion wasn't as bad.

So we drafted a poor man's Vince Young, in the first round. After we've already seen what VY has become (mostly an epic failure except for this recent fluky performance bolstered by a 2000 yard RB), this is a ludicrous pick.

GEM
04-23-2010, 10:55 AM
I hear he has herpes....

Immaculate herpes...now I've heard everything. :laugh:

GEM
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM

He can't throw the ball more than 15 yds unless a wr is completely open with no one around him and if there's no pressure coming his way. Fainting GOAT. Who knows what the future for Tebow holds, but let's not play like Orton is this great passer.

GEM
04-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Okay look, I get you don't like the pick, but can you at least take a reasonable stance so that it's not impossible to discuss something with you?

It isn't that Tebow "can't throw a football", it's that he has somewhat of an awkward throwing motion, however, the ONLY thing wrong with it really is that he drops the ball too low. He keeps the ball around his hip, all he has to do is keep the ball right up above his shoulder and it's fixed. He's not changing the release point or the motion, he just doesn't keep the ball down around his hip.

I think Tebow is going to be somebody the fans fall in love with. He's the kind of player that is going to love the team and give it all to the team like any of us would if we were in the same situation.

I can't root against somebody like that, and I'm certainly not going to. We just drafted somebody who IMO is going to outwork every rookie to come out of this draft. He needs to change his mechanics a bit, and everything I've heard has said his footwork on drops is looking excellent.

Tebow only lacks in the things that can be coached, his intangibles are that of a #1 overall pick. I am confident that he'll take those intangibles, and turn himself into a great player. If Tony Romo or Kurt Warner, both UDFA's, or Tom Brady, a 6th rounder, can become a top QB in the NFL, why can't Tebow? Being a QB is about how hard you are willing to work, and I know Tebow is going to bust his ass to be great.

The word reasonable doesn't exist around here.

Dortoh
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
**** me

That is all

HORSEPOWER 56
04-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Dude, Tebow can throw the ball. 88 TDs to 18 Ints says it all.

Oh, here's some good stuff on your new Broncos QB sure, there's a lot of running, but check out the throw at 2:40. Can't throw the ball? Whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INxqYDAFSQ8

CoachChaz
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
All this talk about his college stats, his "intangibles", leadership, reminds me of a certain QB for the Titans who up until recently was one of the greatest draft busts of all time and on whom the jury is still very much out on.... Vince Young.

By all accounts, Vince Young is more athletic and quicker than Tebow and his throwing motion wasn't as bad.

So we drafted a poor man's Vince Young, in the first round. After we've already seen what VY has become (mostly an epic failure except for this recent fluky performance bolstered by a 2000 yard RB), this is a ludicrous pick.

One must be high or insane to compare Tebow to Young in any sense. Tebow could throw with the wrong hand after a compound fracture and his motion wouldnt be worse than Young. be alittle realistic.

Northman
04-23-2010, 11:10 AM

Oh, here's some good stuff on your new Broncos QB sure, there's a lot of running, but check out the throw at 2:40. Can't throw the ball? Whatever.

Quit your bitching. Orton can throw the ball too. ;)

topscribe
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM

That's really ironic, coming from an Orton-basher. I have seen all kinds of throws
like that from Orton. And now you, of all people, are presenting this in defense of
Tebow? :confused:

-----