PDA

View Full Version : Clady to start at LT immediately

Ziggy
04-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Shanahan says that CLady will start at LT immediately, and Harris, Kuper, Pears will compete at RT. Wow...I'm surprised. Anyone else?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9068436

r8rh8r
04-27-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm not surprised.

Clady has played LT in a ZBS for the last 3 years. He doesn't need to learn the technique. They just need to plug him in and perfect the chemistry. My guess is that Kuper opens up the season at RT and then slides over to LG when Harris is ready.

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 10:03 AM
agreed, if this is our future then plug him in now. he was a top 10 talent that we took at 12 and you dont invest in a guy like that to just have him ride the bench, not start or play a differant position. harris isnt the answer at lt....so let him try rt and maybe he can be worth his 2nd round pick.

Joel
04-27-2008, 10:27 AM
I somehow missed that he's from Boise State until AFTER the pick, probably because everyone (including Shanny, it seems... ) expected him to be gone since he fits so well, and evil Shanahan NEVER does what we tell him, right? ;-p That's cool, and not just because I hate OU ( "TU sucks, but OU swallows.... " ) They're my current poster child for Why I Ignore the Elected National "Champion. " How a team can go 13-0 and win an upset against a "good" team like OU in a Bowl, be the ONLY undefeated team in the nation, and finish FIFTH is beyond me. Some would say the Big 10 is so much tougher than the WAC, and the SEC is THE toughest, so obviously OSU and LSU were better, as was Michigan. I say, "Screw that! Let 'em all play each other and prove it!" Plus, first time I saw them I naturally thought Hmm, I like this team, there's something familiar about them... oh, wait, it's the Bronco on their helmet... wait, NO IT'S NOT...!

I still wish they'd gone NT in the second, but this draft is by many accounts pretty deep there, too; it's actually kind of fortunate because it looks to be deep at our two biggest positions of need. Now the question is how good all the scouts (especially Shannys... ) are.

I STILL think Pears is a good RT, but a LT has to be more. That doesn't mean I see Harris taking his job, though he may ultimately provide good depth. Kuper's always been the natural guard, so if Hamilton's healthy he could start with Nalen and either Kuper, Myers and Holland . Still thin at tackle and depends on Hamilton getting healthy and Nalen remaining so, but it's a pretty solid line, and far better than we've had for a while, IMHO, provided we stay healthy.

Hobe
04-27-2008, 10:32 AM
I‘m a little surprised that Shanny announced that he will start. I do not doubt the man or his talent; it’s just that good at Boise State and good in the NFL are very different. Remember, Foster was pretty highly rated when we drafted him. The article mentioned Chris Hinton as the highest drafted offensive lineman since in 1983. I didn’t remember his name so I checked and I don’t think he ever started. The Star from the ’83 draft was Mecklenburg in the 12th round.

However, like I said in the other thread, now that he is a Bronco, I love him!

Ziggy
04-27-2008, 12:51 PM
He never gave Foster a starting job going into camp, and Foster sucked in college.

r8rh8r
04-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I‘m a little surprised that Shanny announced that he will start. I do not doubt the man or his talent; it’s just that good at Boise State and good in the NFL are very different. Remember, Foster was pretty highly rated when we drafted him. The article mentioned Chris Hinton as the highest drafted offensive lineman since in 1983. I didn’t remember his name so I checked and I don’t think he ever started. The Star from the ’83 draft was Mecklenburg in the 12th round.

However, like I said in the other thread, now that he is a Bronco, I love him!

Chris Hinton was traded to the Colts for John Elway. He played 13 seasons and went to 7 pro bowls.

Most first round lineman start their first year in the league. In Denver's case, it takes a year or two to learn the zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking is a whole new technique and style of play than traditional systems. Clady has never played in any other system at the collegiate level and thus only needs to get acclimated with this teammates. He's NFL ready for Denver's system.

dogfish
04-27-2008, 01:42 PM
huh. . . so much for ryan harris. . . .

Simple Jaded
04-27-2008, 01:52 PM
He never gave Foster a starting job going into camp, and Foster sucked in college.

Hell, I don't think Mark Richt even gave Foster a starting job going into his SR season in college.

George Foster started (Something like) a whopping 11 games in college, only an idiot (Like Mike Shanahan) would take a player like that in the 1st round, let alone start him going into his first training camp......

lex
04-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Its not surprising that Shanahan would say that. A lot of people think Williams was more ready to start right away so in anticipation of criticism, its not surprising he would say this. That and/or also the fact that our OTs are nothing to scream about.

Hobe
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Chris Hinton was traded to the Colts for John Elway. He played 13 seasons and went to 7 pro bowls.

Most first round lineman start their first year in the league. In Denver's case, it takes a year or two to learn the zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking is a whole new technique and style of play than traditional systems. Clady has never played in any other system at the collegiate level and thus only needs to get acclimated with this teammates. He's NFL ready for Denver's system.

Thanks for the info! :salute:

No wonder I didn't remember him.

mclark
04-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Shanahan says that CLady will start at LT immediately, and Harris, Kuper, Pears will compete at RT. Wow...I'm surprised. Anyone else?

No. A top 15 pick (exclusive of qb's) should be ready to start. Plus, we missed on Ryan Harris obviously. And Pears wasn't even drafted...

When we had Jake Plummer as our qb we had a qb that other teams didn't rally want to rush -- they wanted to contain, keep in the pocket. Jake was most dangerous when he was flushed out of the pocket.

r8rh8r
04-27-2008, 02:21 PM
No. A top 15 pick (exclusive of qb's) should be ready to start. Plus, we missed on Ryan Harris obviously. And Pears wasn't even drafted...

When we had Jake Plummer as our qb we had a qb that other teams didn't rally want to rush -- they wanted to contain, keep in the pocket. Jake was most dangerous when he was flushed out of the pocket.

Kuper is a fantastic guard. I think the goal would be for Harris to settle in at RT and for Kuper to play LG. Kuper, Clady, and Nalen will open some holes on that left side. That's a talented group.

Pears is a bench player. He's not a guy you want starting. But how did we miss on Harris? He's only been with us for a year. Let's see how he looks in camp before we label him a bust.

Ziggy
04-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Kuper is a fantastic guard. I think the goal would be for Harris to settle in at RT and for Kuper to play LG. Kuper, Clady, and Nalen will open some holes on that left side. That's a talented group.Pears is a bench player. He's not a guy you want starting. But how did we miss on Harris? He's only been with us for a year. Let's see how he looks in camp before we label him a bust.

There's a kid named Hamilton on that left side that they like a little bit too. Personally, I think he's a bit overrated and would love to see Kuper take that spot. I agree that the Broncos probably hope that Harris can nail the RT spot. If he can, and Kuper can take over on the left side, we have the makings of a good young line, with Lichtingsteiger hopefully ready to fill in when Nalen hangs up the cleets.

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 02:42 PM
huh. . . so much for ryan harris. . . .

i think ryans still a work in progress. he should do fine at rt.

r8rh8r
04-27-2008, 02:43 PM
There's a kid named Hamilton on that left side that they like a little bit too. Personally, I think he's a bit overrated and would love to see Kuper take that spot. I agree that the Broncos probably hope that Harris can nail the RT spot. If he can, and Kuper can take over on the left side, we have the makings of a good young line, with Lichtingsteiger hopefully ready to fill in when Nalen hangs up the cleets.

Hamilton turns 31 in August and will retire in the next two years if not sooner. If he gets a concussion this year, he's probably done for good. I know Hamilton and Nalen will start this year, but neither is a long-term solution in front of Cutler. When I talk about the future, I'm talking about who will be blocking Cutler for the foreseeable future, rather than just 2008. As far as I'm concerned, 2008 is a rebuilding year. Anything more than 8 wins is gravy.

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
All of a sudden EVERYONE is jumping off the "in DEN the OLINE guys take two or three years to learn the system" band wagon and jumping on the "he is an immediate starter bandwagon"..

Something I have advocated forever a #1 pick should be able to step in day one or no later than bye week.

What a bunch of hypocrites.. sheep that will still believe whatever crap mikey spews..

koolade drinkers anonymous anyone?

r8rh8r
04-27-2008, 03:06 PM

That point has already been covered. No one is "jumping off" the idea that it takes a year or more to develop an effective zone blocker. Clady has been developing as a zone blocker for 3 years. For once, a top athlete came through the college ranks playing Rick Dennison football. If it were Albert, Williams, Otah, or Cherilus, the learning curve would be much bigger.

Dean
04-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I know that Shanahan said that Clady would be a starter at LT this year but I don't buy it. I think that Clady will be a starter at right offensive tackle this season to get his feet wet and then in the next year or two move to the left side.

Call me crazy but I just can't see Jay having a rookie starting on his blind side tackle spot.

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
I know that Shanahan said that Clady would be a starter at LT this year but I don't buy it. I think that Clady will be a starter at right offensive tackle this season to get his feet wet and then in the next year or two move to the left side.

Call me crazy but I just can't see Jay having a rookie starting on his blind side tackle spot.3

I suspect your correct.. It may take him that long to learn the playbook..

between his wunderlick and fast feet.. I think him and Graham are going to become long time friends.. If graham decides to stay after his contract is up..

Ziggy
04-27-2008, 03:59 PM
All of a sudden EVERYONE is jumping off the "in DEN the OLINE guys take two or three years to learn the system" band wagon and jumping on the "he is an immediate starter bandwagon"..

Something I have advocated forever a #1 pick should be able to step in day one or no later than bye week.

What a bunch of hypocrites.. sheep that will still believe whatever crap mikey spews..

koolade drinkers anonymous anyone?

I think that bandwagon was running on the theory that our Olineman take 2 or 3 years to learn the system when :
1. They didnt play in a zone blocking scheme in college
2. They were either mid to late round picks, or George Foster
3. They are going to be played out of position

dogfish
04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
i think ryans still a work in progress. he should do fine at rt.

either that, or we wasted a pick on an undersized softy with a bad back when there were better tackle prospects like doug free on the board, and harris will spend a few years riding the bench before being cut. . . .

JONtheBRONCO
04-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Clady, Royal arrive at Dove Valley
By Tom Kensler
The Denver Post

Broncos second-round draft pick Eddie Royal from Virginia Tech, left, and first-round draft pick Ryan Clady from Boise State pose at Dove Valley on Sunday. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
Related Articles

A 6-feet-6, former Boise State offensive tackle Ryan Clady said he is now up to somewhere between 318 and 320 pounds - while remaining as quick and athletic as ever.

How athletic?

"I can dunk," a smiling Clady said Sunday after flying into Denver to meet with Broncos coaches and officials, as well as with the local media. "I like playing basketball. It's fun."

Clady became the first-ever player from Boise State to be drafted in the first round on Saturday when the Broncos made him the 12th overall pick. He was the second offensive tackle chosen, being former Michigan star Jake Long, who went first overall, to Miami.

Clady said he already has received a text message from Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler. From the moment Clady returns for mini-camp sessions next month, he figures to be the favorite to earn the starting job at left tackle.

"(Cutler) said he was excited to have me back there (protecting his blind side)," Clady said. "I said I was, too. I'm just excited for the new techniques to learn and the new scheme."

Denver's second-round pick, Virginia Tech wide receiver Eddie Royal, also flew in for interviews on Sunday.

"(Saturday) was stressful; I probably lost five pounds just sweating it out," Royal said of the draft. "I didn't think the Broncos were one of the teams on the radar. I'm glad it worked out."

Royal, 5-9 1/2 and 184 pounds, caught 33 passes for 496 yards and four touchdowns in 2007. Broncos coach Mike Shanahan likes Royal's potential as a receiver but said he first will get every opportunity to become the Broncos' kickoff and punt returner.

Royal said he studies tape of Chicago Bears returner Devin Hester. "You strive to be the best," Royal said. "I've been studying film of him ever since he played (in college) for Miami."

Clady joked that he won't have to adjust to the Broncos team colors. Or the nickname.

The Boise State Broncos also wear blue and orange.

dogfish
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM

Call me crazy but I just can't see Jay having a rookie starting on his blind side tackle spot.

i won't call you crazy, because i'd generally agree with you about a rook at LT. . . however, i won't be surprised if clady does start there, just because i don't have great confidence in our other options (i do really like kupes a lot at guard, but he's pretty much an unknown playing tackle at this level). . . who do you see starting the season at OLT?

Bronco9798
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
If Peyton can have a rookie protect him, I don't see why Cutler cant. Just because a guy is a rookie doesn't mean he cant learn and play. He'll take some lumps along the way and you'll need to give him some TE/RB protection, but I think with the camps, OTA's, and pre-season he can start and be effective. He has the ability and the talent.

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
i won't call you crazy, because i'd generally agree with you about a rook at LT. . . however, i won't be surprised if clady does start there, just because i don't have great confidence in our other options (i do really like kupes a lot at guard, but he's pretty much an unknown playing tackle at this level). . . who do you see starting the season at OLT?

not many options are there?

While I generally agree completely with what DEAN says as he is the Coach..
I think a top 15 choice has to start and play..

I think the new full back will be in their to pick up th blitz and Daniel Graham will once again be kept in for pass protection..

Both will be mid year before being allowed out to catch passes on third and long..

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 06:40 PM
If Peyton can have a rookie protect him, I don't see why Cutler cant. Just because a guy is a rookie doesn't mean he cant learn and play. He'll take some lumps along the way and you'll need to give him some TE/RB protection, but I think with the camps, OTA's, and pre-season he can start and be effective. He has the ability and the talent.

good post
because from day one EVERYONE on this forum says a rookies can't start in DEN, only a few of us has brought this same argument to the table to be attacked for thinking mikeys vaunted ZBS was beyond a rookie starting..

They start every where in the NFL every year..

But But BUT DEN is special..

What BS..

They may have to scale back the playbook for his wonder-lick score until he gets enough reps in for each scheme..

fcspikeit
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
good post
because from day one EVERYONE on this forum says a rookies can't start in DEN, only a few of us has brought this same argument to the table to be attacked for thinking mikeys vaunted ZBS was beyond a rookie starting..

They start every where in the NFL every year..

But But BUT DEN is special..

What BS..

They may have to scale back the playbook for his wonder-lick score until he gets enough reps in for each scheme..

I have been saying the same thing JR..

Our 5th + round rookies don't start, but if your good enough to go in the 1st, you should be able to start! You can get a future project in the later rounds, why would you waist a 1st round pick on one :confused:

TXBRONC
04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
agreed, if this is our future then plug him in now. he was a top 10 talent that we took at 12 and you dont invest in a guy like that to just have him ride the bench, not start or play a differant position. harris isnt the answer at lt....so let him try rt and maybe he can be worth his 2nd round pick.

I think Kuper has the best chance of starting at right tackle.

honz
04-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Tony Ugoh, a 3rd round pick I believe, protected Peyton all of last year, so i don't see why Clady couldn't do the same thing for Cutler.

Let Graham be his training wheels at first, see how it goes and adjust from there.

Broncoschic7
04-27-2008, 06:54 PM
I think it was a great pic and was super duper happy they took him as the first round pick. We have several "young" players so he'll fit right in,,,May as well grow right along with Cutler. If Royal can excel as a return guy how skippie is that ? We will have two less worries for next season !

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
I have been saying the same thing JR..

Our 5th + round rookies don't start, but if your good enough to go in the 1st, you should be able to start! You can get a future project in the later rounds, why would you waste a 1st round pick on one :confused:

I have always advocated that the top 100 maybe even the top 150 players taken should be starters by the end of their rookie years Unless they were brought in to learn behind a retiring starter..

Fee people agree with that, it usually means that your talking about one of the top 3 maybe 4 players at any position in the draft..

Unless their was complete run on OT like their was this year in round one and early two. But that still means in the top 100 picks that some position may only be 2 deep at another position..

IF you can't find a starter at one of these positions for your team that means one of two things.. Your SAN, NE or maybe PIT that is so deep and young they are not going to crack the line up for a year or two when the starters move on or retire.. OR your GM is incompetent!!!

Everyones top pick should be able to step in by years end at worst and be able to make an impact.. Even if they start they should be getting the experience they need for the next year..

This Broncos team is just not that good that two of these players can;t make a significant impact this year..

Simple Jaded
04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Tony Ugoh, a 3rd round pick I believe, protected Peyton all of last year, so i don't see why Clady couldn't do the same thing for Cutler.

Let Graham be his training wheels at first, see how it goes and adjust from there.

Tony Ugoh was a high 2nd round pick, Indy traded up with the 49ers to get him, since they had the 11th pick last year he was probably around the same pick Denver took Royal with. But your point is well taken......

Tned
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
BOISE STATE T RYAN CLADY PRESS CONFERENCE (ENGLEWOOD, COLO.) (Rd. 1 - 12th overall)

On his last 24 hours since being drafted by Denver
"I would probably say hectic. You know, not a lot of sleep. A lot of phone calls--my phone has been blowing up [with] 'Congratulations' and stuff like that. It's been fun, though, especially my family with the party we had. It's a good time."

On the conversation he had with Denver when he was drafted
"It was exciting. It was fast--right when they got on the clock the call came. I really couldn't talk at first. [There] was a lot of screaming, so I had to wait a while before I could communicate back and forth."

On his athleticism
"I can dunk. I like playing basketball, it's fun. It's something I've done a lot growing up."

On his ideal playing weight
"I would say [I'm comfortable] around 320 [pounds]--in that range--maybe 318 [pounds]. I'm around there right now."

On whether he had talked to QB Jay Cutler
"He texted me yesterday. He just said he was excited to have me back there [protecting his blind side], and I said I was, too."

On declaring for the draft after his junior season
"I feel good about my decision, and I had a great career up at Boise State. I felt that I pretty much accomplished everything that I wanted to accomplish. I just thought it was time to take my talents to the next level."

On why he wasn't highly recruited out of high school
"I'm not sure exactly why I wasn't [highly] recruited. I did play defensive line in high school, but most schools recruited me as an offensive lineman. 'Hawk' [University of Colorado Head Coach and former Boise State Head Coach Dan Hawkins] just recruited me--just took a chance on me because I never really played the position [and he] didn't know if it would work out or not. I went on my recruiting trip up there [to Boise State] and I just loved all of the coaches and the players, and it just felt like a brotherhood up there. I felt the most comfortable there so I went with that decision."

On whether he had talked to Dan Hawkins
"No, I haven't heard from him, but I'll probably give him a visit when I get back in town sometime."

On continuing to wear blue and orange
"It looks like I'm going to be orange and blue for a while now. [I'll] continue to be a Bronco."

On how he developed confidence
"Just working on my game and how hard I work. You develop some comfort and confidence playing the position I play. You have to be confident."

[B]On whether he has room to grow
"Definitely, I've been growing. I'm just excited for the new techniques to learn and the new scheme--I'm definitely excited for that."

On why he quit playing football for a period during his youth
"I don't really know. I just had to make weight every week, so it [was] kind of a challenge for me. I didn't really want to have to do that year-in and year-out. I had to be under 130 [pounds]...When I signed up I think I was around 140 [pounds], 145."

http://den.scout.com/2/750547.html?refid=400&CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Dean
04-27-2008, 09:48 PM
My post did not say that I didn't think that Clady would start. I believe he will start at right tackle where a rookie mistake will be able to be seen by Jay and the hit avoided. His wonderlick score has me worried as to how quickly he will pick up the playbook.

I think that Kuper will be starting at left offensive tackle. His measurables are those of an NFL left tackle :salute: and he has a years experience under fire so to speak.

TXBRONC
04-27-2008, 11:13 PM
My post did not say that I didn't think that Clady would start. I believe he will start at right tackle where a rookie mistake will be able to be seen by Jay and the hit avoided. His wonderlic score has me worried as to how quickly he will pick up the playbook.

I think that Kuper will be starting at left offensive tackle. His measurables are those of an NFL left tackle :salute: and he has a years experience under fire so to speak.

I could see this happening that Clady plays right tackle for year. However, something I read just recently said that the Broncos ultimately see Kuper as fixture at right tackle.

sneakers
04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
If you draft a person at #12, they better start right away.

Tned
04-27-2008, 11:22 PM
If you draft a person at #12, they better start right away.

Cutler was drafted at 11 and he didn't start right away.

Lonestar
04-28-2008, 02:32 AM

Perhaps because he had an experienced QB in front of him.. had Lepsis still been here this year perhaps he should not..

As it stands he has more recent ZBS experience at left tackle than the others combined.

Davii
04-28-2008, 03:12 AM
Perhaps because he had an experienced QB in front of him.. had Lepsis still been here this year perhaps he should not..

As it stands he has more recent ZBS experience at left tackle than the others combined.

I thought you didn't agree with this pick JR. Sounds to me like you're agreeing. This is even more reason to draft the guy.

TXBRONC
04-28-2008, 05:48 AM

Yep just because a guy is taken that high doesn't necessarily mean they should start right away.

TXBRONC
04-28-2008, 05:50 AM

Not more than Hamilton and Nalen combined or individually.

Retired_Member_001
04-28-2008, 07:58 AM

Yeah that's a different matter. Cutler was behind a experienced QB who was coming off of a Pro Bowl season.

I don't think we really have a guy ahead of Clady, so he will start.

Joel
04-28-2008, 09:17 AM
My post did not say that I didn't think that Clady would start. I believe he will start at right tackle where a rookie mistake will be able to be seen by Jay and the hit avoided. His wonderlick score has me worried as to how quickly he will pick up the playbook.

The real question is who's starting in December and January. My main concern is the general of the draft and its hype in particular. If the guy's a spectacular flop it's just an always dubious draft pick to me; just means we can't trade the pick, though we might find a sucker to trade the player. But in this case it leaves not only the vital LT but the whole line and its rotation up in the air. Kuper has a years experience, but we want him as a great run blocking guard since we need one. Pears has a years experience, too, prior to one at his natural right tackle slot. Is Ryan Harris still involved, or is it Clady and those two? Of course, if (though I pray we will... ) we don't have Hamilton or Nalen the answer is automatically "yes. " I haven't kept up over here lately, work, and wanted to wait for the draft, but we've still got Meyers and Holland, right? I like the former a lot more, another versatile and athletic lineman with experience at all positions (though a college LT isn't automatically an NFL one. )

Mainly I'm just bothered we seem to have bet the farm, IMHO, on one talented but undersized DT to provide the critical and powerful run stopping, pocket buckling line surge we need up front. For a game, season or multi-year SB run we need at least two or three of those as much as almost anything (with the exception of not blindsiding the sophomore franchise QB.... ) Until/unless we do that it doesn't matter much how good the new or old safeties are because teams will just keeping piling blockers on Thomas or whomever and running up the gut till a LB or safety finally manages a lunging tackle 5 or 6 yards later--or not.... ALL our linemen, and our whole offense, better be stellar, because it'll have to play mistakes free lights out, at least for a while, to build a lead big enough they HAVE to throw at Champ, Bly and the rest. But even then we'll need SOMETHING to occupy the middle of their line, and hopefully even break it, while the DEs are blitzing and the LBs are blitzing and/or looking for a pick. To sustain it will need 2+, which has the added a bonus of a nasty little present waiting for anyone who gets into the red zone.

xzn
04-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Morambar,

FYI Myers is a Texan now and we signed Dwayne Robertson and drafted a run stuffing power pig DT who has been a three year starter for the #1 ranked defense in the country over the last three years. Mc Kinley is a servicable rotation guy as a fourth DT and Crowder can go inside on passing downs.

Lonestar
04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
I thought you didn't agree with this pick JR. Sounds to me like you're agreeing. This is even more reason to draft the guy.

I did not agree with clady, I think there were others I'd rather have had, as I think he is dumber than box of rocks..

I do believe that whoever is drafted in the first two rounds at least should almost be instant starters with a few exceptions that is..

If someone is being drafted to replace someone like Nalen going on or into his last year before retiring.. Or perhaps QB I firmly believe QB's need to sit a year before playing meaning full games IF the team is a contender..
WR should IMO NEVER be drafted period.. By the time they have mikeys system figured out they are free agents..

Any QB in MIA, ATL should start ASAP to get as much experience as they can as fast as they can..

I was comparing him to Jay and Jake. We had a quality QB before the draft, I would have handled the whole thing differently..

Right now we have NO ONE other than Pears who has started at OLT in the NFL, any highly regarded OLT taken in the first round should be an IMPACT guy and should start immediately. IMO

The whole BS line about OLINE rookies can't start IMO is just that.. The only reason mikey has never done it was he never drafted a good one on DAY one.. All of his OLINE guys are other teams afterthoughts.. UNTIL Saturday..

Nature Boy
04-28-2008, 06:11 PM

Surprised? Not at all.

At least on paper Clady is the starting LT but wait til he gets on the field then we'll know for sure.