PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want for day 2???

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
We still need help at LB, RB, K, and more rotation for DT.

Name your top 3 for tomorrow.

Who are your sleeper picks still on the board and does anyone think we will trade back into the 3rd for for someone?

Nature Boy
04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Dan Conner and/or Jamaal Charles but they will be gone in the 3rd.:tsk:

BroncoWave
04-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I want Titus Brown from Mississippi State. It's a total homer pick but it would be a nice 4th or 5th round LB pickup. :D

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
My names of interest (in no particular order):

DuJuan Morgan, S, NC State
Dan Connor, MLB, Penn State
Jon Goff, MLB, Vanderbilt
Beau Bell, MLB, UNLV
Ahtyba Rubin, DT, Iowa State
Cliff Avril, OLB, Purdue
Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada
Jamie Silva, S, Boston College
Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian State
Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas
Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida
Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Pat Sims or Frank Okam for DT.

Tom Zibokowski would be a good pick too. I know we signed Mcree but it looks like this will be Lynch's last year anyway.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Morgan can be our athletic stud Safety and Silva can be our heady Lynch type Safety.

G_Money
04-26-2008, 11:01 PM
At RB I'd take Tashard Choice, RB from Georgia Tech. Fits our system perfectly. If we added Choice to Clady and Royal? I wouldn't call it perfect, but I'd say we definitely did good work on the offensive side of the ball. I could see us trading into the 3rd for that guy possibly. I know Shanny doesn't want this many picks.

I'd still like Owen Schmitt at FB.

Lichtensteiger as Nalen's understudy would still be nice in the 4th or 5th.

Harrison and Moore are still there at DT too, but I don't know how many more DTs we want to add if we're gonna play Crowder there with Thomas and Robertson. Probly one, though...right? I'm still thinking Nick Hayden later on.

Have I mentioned there are all sorts of safeties left? Demps and Castille are interesting (As are several others like Hefney) but I still have my heart set on Wes Woodyard. I would move into the 3rd for that guy in a heartbeat. He can play OLB or SS for me, and I would even put up with DJ in the middle to get Woodyard at the Will. It's better than DJ at Will and Kou in the middle...

But there are ALL SORTS of LBs available.

We'll see how they do in picking one.

Tomorrow could be all sorts of exciting. Or I may be spitting mad about what we do with all those picks... ;)

~G

Scarface
04-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Tashard Choice RD4:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/tashard-choice.jpg

G_Money
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Tashard Choice RD4:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/tashard-choice.jpg

I said that. :P

~G

Italianmobstr7
Dan connor, shawn mcmackin, jamaal charles, pat sims. Kevin smith.

SmilinAssasSin27
Yeah, I like Choice too. But weren't some comments made about Denver taking a serious look at the UCF RB?

Scarface
I said that. :P

~G

Jinx can't talk!:laugh:

G_Money
04-26-2008, 11:04 PM

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
I saw Mikeys draft choices are burning a hole in his pocket. He will burn a couple and climb back into the 3rd...I can smell it already. Fact is we dont really need all of thos edraft choices anyway and its not even likey a 6th or 7th rounder will even make the roster.

Tashard Choice should be there in the 4th right were we need him to be. So maybe we trade up for Dan Connor or Pat Simms???

slim
04-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Pat Sims
Dre Moore
Frank Okam
Marcus Harrison
Kevin Smith
Beau Bell

G_Money
04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I like Choice too. But weren't some comments made about Denver taking a serious look at the UCF RB?

I hope not. I don't like Smith.

I mean obviously here he'd be fine between the 20s, but he always fell down when guys hit him in the games I was watching. Looked good running through elephant-sized holes but didn't break many tackles.

Too much like Tatum for my liking in that way. Maybe I just didn't watch the "Right" games.

~G

slim
Did anyone take the safety from OK?

SmilinAssasSin27
I would also toss Erin Henderson's name into the mix.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Did anyone take the safety from OK?

nope...only 2 went.

honz
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I like Okam and Rubin at DT. We need a kicker, too.

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 11:16 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JDEyshcU9YQ&feature=related

Choice looks like a pretty physical RB. That LB is going to have nightmares about that stiff arm for years. He average 12 touchdowns and over 5 yards per carry the past 3 years.

Here's his bio:

Tashard Choice
Height: 5-101/2 | Weight: 215 | 40-Time: 4.52

Official Bio

Strengths:
Natural runner with excellent instincts...Terrific vision...Hits the hole hard..Is tough and aggressive...Adequate blocker...Good hands and can catch the ball out of the backfield...Nice balance...Hard worker and leader with top intangibles...Productive.

Weaknesses:
Timed speed is just average...Not very elusive and doesn't have much wiggle...He doesn't run with a lot of power and lacks strength...Is not a big play threat...Might run too physical for his own good...Durability is a concern..Upside could be limited.

Notes:
Began his college career at Oklahoma where he redshirted in '03 and then backed up Adrian Peterson in '04...Was granted a transfer waiver by the NCAA and didn't have to sit out a year due to extenuating family circumstances...He led the ACC in rushing as a junior...Does everything well but nothing great..It wouldn't be a total shock if he ended up being a starter but he probably profiles as more of a backup.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Statistics
Year GP Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds TD
2003 DNP - - - - - - -
2004 8 22 100 4.5 0 1 7 0
2005 12 117 513 4.4 6 14 76 0
2006 14 297 1,473 5.0 12 12 98 0
2007 12 261 1,379 5.3 10 14 107 0
Totals 46 697 3,465 5.0 28 41 288 0

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I like Okam and Rubin at DT. We need a kicker, too.

Maybe their thinking we have DT covered now that we traded for Robertson??? I would still like a DT picked up in round 4.

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Jamaal Charles anyone???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bgOdDkjUo1s

Might make a good combo with Henry.

Here's his bio:

Jamaal Charles
Height: 5-11 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.38

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has outstanding speed...Explosive with a burst...Smooth athlete...Quick and agile with good change of direction...Can get outside and turn the corner...Big play guy who is always a threat to take it the distance...Is tough and runs hard...Has great hands and is a pretty good receiver out of the backfield....Patient with good vision and instincts...Solid intangibles...Productive....Still improving and has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Is not very strong or powerful...Just an average inside runner...He goes down too easy...Isn't very elusive and does not have a lot of wiggle...Has some issues with ball security...Is not a great blocker...May be more of a situational type...Was not utilized as a return man...Durability is a concern...Basically just a one-year starter.

Notes:
Was also a prolific track star in high school and college and only recently began to focus strictly on football....Worked in a rotation early on in his career before finally assuming the full-time starting job as a junior..Really came on down the stretch in '07, including a 290 yard / 3 touchdown performance against Nebraska...Does not project as a workhorse at the next level but could excel as a change of pace type and 3rd down back...Not just a track guy and his best football is still ahead of him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Statistics
2005 13 119 878 7.4 11 14 157 2
2006 12 156 831 5.3 7 18 183 1
2007 13 258 1,619 6.3 18 17 199 0
Totals 38 533 3,328 6.2 36 49 539 3

nevcraw
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Justice C
Zibosky S
BPA (best punter available)
Silva
BKA
Lex Hilliard

slim
04-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Jamaal Charles anyone???

Here's his bio:

Jamaal Charles
Height: 5-11 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.38

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has outstanding speed...Explosive with a burst...Smooth athlete...Quick and agile with good change of direction...Can get outside and turn the corner...Big play guy who is always a threat to take it the distance...Is tough and runs hard...Has great hands and is a pretty good receiver out of the backfield....Patient with good vision and instincts...Solid intangibles...Productive....Still improving and has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Is not very strong or powerful...Just an average inside runner...He goes down too easy...Isn't very elusive and does not have a lot of wiggle...Has some issues with ball security...Is not a great blocker...May be more of a situational type...Was not utilized as a return man...Durability is a concern...Basically just a one-year starter.

Notes:
Was also a prolific track star in high school and college and only recently began to focus strictly on football....Worked in a rotation early on in his career before finally assuming the full-time starting job as a junior..Really came on down the stretch in '07, including a 290 yard / 3 touchdown performance against Nebraska...Does not project as a workhorse at the next level but could excel as a change of pace type and 3rd down back...Not just a track guy and his best football is still ahead of him.
Career Statistics
2005 13 119 878 7.4 11 14 157 2
2006 12 156 831 5.3 7 18 183 1
2007 13 258 1,619 6.3 18 17 199 0
Totals 38 533 3,328 6.2 36 49 539 3

Isn't he really just another Selvin Young?

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Isn't he really just another Selvin Young?

Better! I think he is more of home run hitter. He runs a 4.3. Downside is he is only 200 pounds. But, I wouldnt mind seeing him don the orange and blue. He is just as good as Felix Jones if you ask me.

Check out the run at 6:20

As a 1 yr starter he rushed for almost 1700 yards and 18 td's! He can also be a passing threat.

Lonestar
04-26-2008, 11:43 PM
A real GM making the choices..

G_Money
04-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Tashard Choice
Height: 5-101/2 | Weight: 215 | 40-Time: 4.52

Official Bio

Strengths:
Natural runner with excellent instincts...Terrific vision...Hits the hole hard..Is tough and aggressive...Adequate blocker...Good hands and can catch the ball out of the backfield...Nice balance...Hard worker and leader with top intangibles...Productive.

Weaknesses:
Timed speed is just average...Not very elusive and doesn't have much wiggle...He doesn't run with a lot of power and lacks strength...Is not a big play threat...Might run too physical for his own good...Durability is a concern..Upside could be limited.

I love "Durability could be a concern." Like it's not for every runner.

You wanna know who Tashard Choice is? He missed the game before this speech with a hamstring pull. And then for this game against Clemson he gave this speech:

Tashard Choice rallying the troops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nnstylh2g8)

"We're gonna lie down. Gonna bleed awhile. Then we're gonna get up. Then we're gonna fight again."

That guy has heart. He has quick steps, has incredibly solid contact with the ground, and would tear it up in our system. And he bleeds football.

I'd be proud to have Choice added to our team.

~G

G_Money
04-26-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't like Jamaal Charles as much. His running style doesn't lead to a lot of broken tackles, and he can get too horizontal and forget that forward yardage is the sort he's supposed to get.

He could be fine - he's quite a decent runner, and more talented than Selvin (as evinced by Selvin's back-up position on the team behind Charles) but I'm not especially enamored of Charles.

~G

DenBronx
04-26-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't like Jamaal Charles as much. His running style doesn't lead to a lot of broken tackles, and he can get too horizontal and forget that forward yardage is the sort he's supposed to get.

He could be fine - he's quite a decent runner, and more talented than Selvin (as evinced by Selvin's back-up position on the team behind Charles) but I'm not especially enamored of Charles.

~G

yeah but you get what you get on the 2nd day and we all know that sometimes you strike gold on the 2nd day, ala terrel davis. the thing im not too high on about charles is of course his size. but....the kid has nothing but upside. any idea on what round he will go???

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2008, 11:52 PM
I like you G Money. Never have I seen a poster as efficient w/ his words than you. Bravo!

slim
04-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I like you G Money. Never have I seen a poster as efficient w/ his words than you. Bravo!

Are you drunk?

I respect G as much as anyone here, but efficient use or words is not his forte. :D

Nature Boy
04-26-2008, 11:55 PM
We wont be able to get a whiff of Jamaal Charles without an early 3rd rounder.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Are you drunk?

I respect G as much as anyone here, but efficient use or words is not his forte. :D

He may use a lot of words, but he doesn't waste them either. His post totals are lower cuz he's able to get his point across the first time. That is efficiency.

slim
04-26-2008, 11:57 PM
We wont be able to get a whiff of Jamaal Charles without an early 3rd rounder.

That's the same story I heard about Conner and the second round...just saying.

slim
04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
He may use a lot of words, but he doesn't waste them either. His post totals are lower cuz he's able to get his point across the first time. That is efficiency.

LOL...I would disagree (and that is not a bad thing, I love reading G's posts).

Nature Boy
04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Conner and Charles are my target choice for day 2. We have to trade up somehow. I say we offer one of the early teams our 2nd round in 2009 for their 3rd tomorrow.

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Conner and Charles are my target choice for day 2. We have to trade up somehow. I say we offer one of the early teams our 2nd round in 2009 for their 3rd tomorrow.

or maybe next years 3rd and this years 5th and 7th? mike bell???

Nick
04-27-2008, 12:20 AM
I was going through some of the people I want for day two. That a I geeked out :laugh: and went off on my sheet... this is what I came up with.

Offensive Tackles

Oniel Cousins, UTEP
Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers
Kirk Barton, Ohio State

Will be great in a zone blocking system.

and

Tony Hills, Texas

If drops he is worth a look at and should be able to atleast attribute to special teams.

I really want to see our broncos grab an additional Tackle, preferably some one that could also be moved to guard if needed. This will add depth on our line. Increase competition. Also help on special teams.

And

Drew Miller, Florida could be a sleeper in the 7th... played all of the place and could be a hybrid center/guard/tackle, might be a decent guard for a team. Not sure about this guy though.

Guards

Donald Thomas, Connecticut
Adam Kraus, Michigan
Kirk Elder, Texas A&M

Running Backs

Kevin Smith, Central Florida
Chauncey Washington, USC
Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech
Steve Slaton, West Virginia

Wide reciever

Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
Andre Caldwell, Florida
William Franklin, Missouri
Mark Bradford, Stanford

Defensive Tackle

Pat Sims, Auburn
Dre Moore, Maryland
Marcus Harrison, Arkansas
Frank Okam, Texas
DeMario Pressley, N.C. State
Red Bryant, Texas A&M
Jason Shirley, Fresno State (If you read this Dream, Yes I still want the Broncos to consider him late in the draft.)
Letroy Guion, Florida State (if in the 7th but only if in 7th)

Inside Linebacker

Dan Connor, Penn State
Beau Bell, UNLV
Corey McKeon, Nebraska

Outside Linebacker

Ali Highsmith, LSU
Shawn Crable, Michigan
Bryan Kehl, BYU
Ezra Butler, Nevada
Marcus Howard, Georgia
Erin Henderson, Maryland
Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech
Marcus Howard, Georgia
Tavares Gooden, Miami
Bryan Kehl, BYU

I will not mind any of these guys if they drop into the very late rounds.

Safety

Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona State
Tom Zbikowski, SS, Notre Dame
Marcus Griffin, FS, Texas
DaJuan Morgan, FS, N.C. State

Fullback

Peyton Hillis, Arkansas
Owen Schmitt, West Virginia
Jerome Felton

And some kicker or punter... who ever is better and they like... And that will kick it far and accurate and stuff...

honz
04-27-2008, 12:39 AM
If we trade up, though, we will be in the same position next year...out a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and left wanting to trade up yet again.

Or if trade late round picks from this year, we just miss out on valuable picks in a fairly deep draft class in a year that we have a lot of needs.

Do NOT trade up, please Shanny! It's not worth it.

Nature Boy
04-27-2008, 12:42 AM
How about a 4th + 5th for a 3rd. It's gonna suck sitting there watching all the other teams draft the guys we want.

honz
04-27-2008, 12:44 AM
How about a 4th + 5th for a 3rd. It's gonna suck sitting there watching all the other teams draft the guys we want.
Eh, I still don't like it...I just don't like trading up unless it is for a true stud...i.e. Jay Cutler.

slim
04-27-2008, 12:45 AM
LOL...you guys crack me up. If Shanny trades up to get a player he wants you bitch because "he didn't need to" (the player would have been there anyway). If he doesn't trade up, you will bitch and moan because he didn't take the guy YOU wanted.

Seriously, this is great comedy. I am LMMFAO over here.

Nature Boy
04-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Eh, I still don't like it...I just don't like trading up unless it is for a true stud...i.e. Jay Cutler.

After the 3rd round, there will be nothing left but bones for us to pick at.

I bet owners, GMs and head coaches pack in their bags, meets up with their new draft picks and their agents and they go out for happy hour after their 3rd round is up. :beer: :beer: :beer:

The assistants are left behind to salvage what they can.

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 12:56 AM
LOL...you guys crack me up. If Shanny trades up to get a player he wants you bitch because "he didn't need to" (the player would have been there anyway). If he doesn't trade up, you will bitch and moan because he didn't take the guy YOU wanted.

Seriously, this is great comedy. I am LMMFAO over here.

yeah but we dont have a 3rd rounder and this years 3rd round has some true talent.

lex
04-27-2008, 01:07 AM
or maybe next years 3rd and this years 5th and 7th? mike bell???

I like this. If we could move Foxworth too, I wouldnt complain. Id like it a lot if we could somehow land Jamaal Charles.

lex
04-27-2008, 01:10 AM

That could be Charles. We had this big discussion a while back about whether he is more like Portis or Bell, and most think he is closer to Portis. Plus he can line up vs linebackers and youre talking severe mismatch.

Nature Boy
04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Charles' only negative is holding onto the football, but that can be easily corrected. Added about 10-15lbs will help with him holding the ball.

BeefStew25
04-27-2008, 01:21 AM

We get it.

fcspikeit
04-27-2008, 01:43 AM
LB Dan Connor
RB Kevin Smith
S Tom Zbikowski
S Creag Steltz
S Jamie Silva
LB/S Wesley Woodyard
LB Philip Wheeler
LB Spencer Larson
FB Jacob Hester
FB Payton Hills
FB Owen Schmitt
G/T Teremy Zuttah
C/G Kory Lichtensteiger
DT Marcus Harrison
DT Red Bryant

fcspikeit
04-27-2008, 01:53 AM
I hope not. I don't like Smith.

I mean obviously here he'd be fine between the 20s, but he always fell down when guys hit him in the games I was watching. Looked good running through elephant-sized holes but didn't break many tackles.

Too much like Tatum for my liking in that way. Maybe I just didn't watch the "Right" games.

~G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUuzBgVT98

Looks pretty good to me G :beer:

honz
04-27-2008, 01:55 AM
After the 3rd round, there will be nothing left but bones for us to pick at.

I bet owners, GMs and head coaches pack in their bags, meets up with their new draft picks and their agents and they go out for happy hour after their 3rd round is up. :beer: :beer: :beer:

The assistants are left behind to salvage what they can.
Like Brandon Marshall, eh? Or what about Colston of the Saints who was the 2nd to last pick in the draft, I believe? What do you think of dem bones?:D

fcspikeit
04-27-2008, 01:59 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JDEyshcU9YQ&feature=related

Choice looks like a pretty physical RB. That LB is going to have nightmares about that stiff arm for years. He average 12 touchdowns and over 5 yards per carry the past 3 years.

Jamaal Charles anyone???

I'll take Kevin Smith over both those guys..

41 carries and he is still running hard. It looks like a highlight reel instead of ever carry from one game. He is a work horse!

lex
04-27-2008, 02:07 AM
I'll take Kevin Smith over both those guys..

41 carries and he is still running hard. It looks like a highlight reel instead of ever carry from one game. He is a work worse!

That was against UAB.

fcspikeit
04-27-2008, 02:14 AM
That was against UAB.

If your point is that he wont run for over 200 yards in every game against good NFL defenses I agree... :D

My point is that he ran the ball 41 times in one game and was still running hard, He has nice cut back ability and he can run between the tackles..

Nature Boy
04-27-2008, 02:16 AM
Like Brandon Marshall, eh? Or what about Colston of the Saints who was the 2nd to last pick in the draft, I believe? What do you think of dem bones?:D

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find a "diamond in the rough." Exceptions to everything, but you know that.

Nature Boy
04-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Kevin Smith's running style is nothing like Tatum Bell. If anything, it's more like Eddie George minus the power.

lex
04-27-2008, 02:19 AM
If your point is that he wont run for over 200 yards in every game against good NFL defenses I agree... :D

My point is that he ran the ball 41 times in one game and was still running hard, He has nice cut back ability and he can run between the tackles..

Troy Davis had back to back 2000 yard seasons in the Big 12 and he couldnt cut it in the NFL. What makes you think Smith is more than just a guy?

Nature Boy
04-27-2008, 02:20 AM
Choice looks like a prototypical RB. He'll be a great prospect.

lex
04-27-2008, 02:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4s8vdzYwFU&NR=1

shank
04-27-2008, 02:25 AM
rubin in the 4th would pretty much make my day tomorrow, i really hope he's not taken in the 3rd.

a kicker is my other main target, i really hope we get mehlhaff or coutu.

you see the guys i want in my day two mock in my sig, and any of them would make me happy, but if we do what we can to fill a few more needs with our 7 remaining picks, i'll be happy. no reaches though, pay attention to value!

Nature Boy
04-27-2008, 02:38 AM
I'd be happy we get a top notch kicker tomorrow.

BroncoWave
04-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Kevin Smith got shut down against Mississippi State in the Liberty Bowl when he was going for the record. Granted, MSU also shut down McFadden last season so I guess it's a moot point. I would prefer Smith to the rest of the RB's left I guess.

BroncoWave
04-27-2008, 07:31 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Scarface
04-27-2008, 07:40 AM
If we don't get Tashard Choice I'd be happy with Xavier Omon.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/RB/p1_Omon.jpg

Nomad
04-27-2008, 07:50 AM
As long as Denver's fills their needs with the best available player at the position we need. I see so many folks here whining about the 1st round, but haven't given the players a chance to prove themselves. As WTM said in another thread, Shanny filled two needs though his drafting hasn't been the best. I don't expect to win the SB next year and making the playoffs would be a bonus. If these players can get us on the right track to a winning season and promise for the future then this draft was a success.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 08:30 AM
OK, after a good night's sleep I like the fact that we have 7 picks and Foxxy as potential trade bait. What I would like to see a Foxxy trade into round 3 to grab either Goff or Connor. BUT, I would wait til the first is off the board so that we don't have to leap at the pick. If they both continue to drop, then we could maybe just offer up a combo of a 4th and a 6th.

Regardless of how it gets done, by ideal Day 2 is:

Rd 3 (via trade)- Connor/Goff, MLB
Rd 4-Ahtyba Rubin, DT
Rd 4-CB to replace Foxxy if he's used as bait...King/Branch/Scandrick
Rd 5-Kerry Brown, OG
Rd 5-Kendall Langfrod, DE, Hampton
Rd 6-Jamie Silva, S
Rd 7-K/P

Now I wouldn't be too upset if Owen Schmitt somehow found his way to Denver, but I'd wet myself w/ the above list of players. I also LOVE Early Doucet, but sumthin tells me no more WRs will be coming to Denver. This is the wrong frickin draft to not have our #3.

vtroper
04-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Just to show that my elation for picking Eddie Royal isn't soley because I'm a Virginia Tech alumni and season ticket holder, I don't want Denver anywhere near VT LB Xavier Adibi or DE Chris Ellis. Both were great college players, but I don't they'll do enough on the next level. I would however be OK with WR's Josh Morgan or Justin Harper (more victims of VT's horrible passing game) and would LOVE to snatch Vince Hall in the 5th-7th rounds.

Also for what it's worth, I hated to see KC get Brandon Flowers. I saw all 3 years of DeAngelo Hall at Tech and feel like Flowers is the superior player. I cheered when SD passed on him, assuming I wouldn't have to worry about seeing both Hall and Flowers twice a year only to throw up in my mouth when KC called his name.

r8rh8r
04-27-2008, 09:11 AM
A pair of defensive tackles and a middle linebacker. I'd love to see them spend a 5th rounder on Goff or Bell.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 10:00 AM
OK...so of my top 15 "desires" for today, 6 are gone...Connor, Morgan, Reggie Smith, Doucet, Langford and Gooden.

Still leaves Harrison, Moore, Rubin, Kerry Brown, Choice, Goff, Silva, Henderson and Bell...we'll see if we get any of em.

HolyDiver
04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
We need a DT at some point..............If Robertson is healthy and Thomas stays out of trouble.............I'm as happy as everyone else.......But I just think that's taking too big of a chance............About the only DT left is Red Bryant.

BroncoWave
04-27-2008, 10:37 AM
We need a DT at some point..............If Robertson is healthy and Thomas stays out of trouble.............I'm as happy as everyone else.......But I just think that's taking too big of a chance............About the only DT left is Red Bryant.

And Frank Okam.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Well...Harrison is now gone. Looks like Moore, Okam and Rubin, IMHO, are 3 very solid options who hopefully will be there in round 4 for Denver.

Nick
04-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Updating my list a little.

Offensive Tackles

Oniel Cousins, UTEP
Kirk Barton, Ohio State

Will be great in a zone blocking system.

and

Tony Hills, Texas

If drops he is worth a look at and should be able to atleast attribute to special teams.

I really want to see our broncos grab an additional Tackle, preferably some one that could also be moved to guard if needed. This will add depth on our line. Increase competition. Also help on special teams.

And

Drew Miller, Florida could be a sleeper in the 7th... played all of the place and could be a hybrid center/guard/tackle, might be a decent guard for a team. Not sure about this guy though.

Guards

Donald Thomas, Connecticut
Adam Kraus, Michigan
Kirk Elder, Texas A&M

Running Backs

Chauncey Washington, USC
Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech

Wide reciever

Andre Caldwell, Florida
William Franklin, Missouri
Mark Bradford, Stanford

Defensive Tackle

Dre Moore, Maryland
Frank Okam, Texas
DeMario Pressley, N.C. State
Red Bryant, Texas A&M
Jason Shirley, Fresno State (If you read this Dream, Yes I still want the Broncos to consider him late in the draft.)
Letroy Guion, Florida State (if in the 7th but only if in 7th)

Inside Linebacker

Beau Bell, UNLV
Corey McKeon, Nebraska

Outside Linebacker

Ali Highsmith, LSU
Bryan Kehl, BYU
Ezra Butler, Nevada
Marcus Howard, Georgia
Erin Henderson, Maryland
Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech
Marcus Howard, Georgia
Bryan Kehl, BYU

I will not mind any of these guys if they drop into the very late rounds.

Safety

Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona State
Marcus Griffin, FS, Texas

Fullback

Peyton Hillis, Arkansas
Owen Schmitt, West Virginia
Jerome Felton

And some kicker or punter.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 10:39 AM

Red Bryant is actually the LAST DT I want. Sfter than Charmin and gets winded by mid 2nd quarter. No thanx.

tubby
04-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Umm......Todd Blythe. :salute:

slim
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Tubby, how do you feel about Todd Blythe? Do you think we should take him?

MOtorboat
04-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Depth...

nj10
04-27-2008, 11:11 AM
We got a very similar WR in round 2 but I still want Danny Amendola.

nj10
04-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Danny Woodhead too.

G_Money
04-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Lichtensteiger as Nalen's understudy would still be nice in the 4th or 5th.

~G

:salute: There's another one. Glad we finally might have figured out the OL might need some help.

Get the line fixed, THEN get the RB to use it perfectly.

~G

Requiem / The Dagda
04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
:salute: There's another one. Glad we finally might have figured out the OL might need some help.

~G

Great call, I really like Kory too.

nj10
04-27-2008, 11:23 AM

~G

I wonder if Danny Woodhead will still be available in the 7th...

Slick
04-27-2008, 11:44 AM

~G

Good call G.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 11:45 AM
OK...so of my top 15 "desires" for today, 6 are gone...Connor, Morgan, Reggie Smith, Doucet, Langford and Gooden.

Still leaves Harrison, Moore, Rubin, Kerry Brown, Choice, Goff, Silva, Henderson and Bell...we'll see if we get any of em.

Still have Brown, Goff, Silva, Rubin and Henderson.

Skinny
04-27-2008, 11:49 AM
A DT would be nice.

DenBronx
04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I deffinitely didnt want a CB....lame pick....were freakin stacked at CB.

We better have some type of trade in the mix for Foxy. Like a 2nd rounder next year.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Foxxy and Paymah are both FAs next year. A CB had to be taken at some point.

MOtorboat
04-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Foxxy and Paymah are both FAs next year. A CB had to be taken at some point.

God forbid we think about the future...:rolleyes:

nj10
04-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Very athletic guy at LB or S:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/steve-allen?id=731

nj10
04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Depth at TE:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/kolo-kapanui?id=2678