PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's agent says "we pretty much know hes going top 15"

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Tebow's agent says "we pretty much know" where he's going
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 2:43 PM ET
No one knows where Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will be drafted. But the people around Tebow are dropping some strong hints that some team has already told them that Tebow is their man.

Tebow's father, Bob Tebow, claims his son is going in the first 15 picks. And Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, told ESPN.com that he has a very good idea where Tebow will be drafted, and hints that it's higher than most people think.

"I don't know if it's gonna shock the world because I always thought he was going to do well," Sexton said. "But we pretty much know. We have a pretty good idea what's going to happen."

Of course, it's impossible for any player to know for sure where he's going to go until he hears his name called at Radio City Music Hall. Not even Sam Bradford knows for sure where he's going to go.

But the Tebow camp says they have a good idea. And they sound like they're pleased with where they think
they're going.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/tebows-agent-says-we-pretty-much-know-where-hes-going/

Commence meltdown!

UnderArmour
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
With all the pre-draft speculation I keep hearing, it's been hard for me to remember that the draft is today lol. Definitely one of the most rumor filled drafts in recent memory. I'd be much happier with Tebow at 11 than Pouncey or Iupati at 11.

Ziggy
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Jacksonville at 10.

slim
04-22-2010, 01:58 PM
I will puke on my shoes if we take him at #11.

Traveler
04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Probably best if I avoid all sites Bronco related if we select Tebow at #11.

claymore
04-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Probably best if I avoid all sites Bronco related if we select Tebow at #11.

There is no fun in that Traveler. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2010, 02:03 PM
With all the pre-draft speculation I keep hearing, it's been hard for me to remember that the draft is today lol. Definitely one of the most rumor filled drafts in recent memory. I'd be much happier with Tebow at 11 than Pouncey or Iupati at 11.

Speaking of Pouncy, here is one person's opinion of who the Broncos will pick at #11:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

11 DENVER BRONCOS (f/CHI): MAURKICE POUNCEY, C, FLORIDA

It’s relatively rare to see a center who carries a first round grade and it’s almost unheard for one to go in the top half of round one. However, Maurkice Pouncey is the exception to those rules. Some may consider this a reach but Pouncey is a legitimate Top 20 pick and this Broncos regime has shown they aren’t afraid to go against the grain on Draft Day. When it comes to need the Broncos don’t have any holes that are more glaring than the interior of their offensive line and Pouncey could help out at either center or guard. Perhaps they could trade down a few picks and still land Pouncey later but they have to be careful because the Pittsburgh Steelers are looming at #18. If they wanted to address their defense Rolando McClain would be a perfect fit at inside linebacker. Don’t rule out Mike Iupati either. As for Dez Bryant, even though wideout's a need now that they traded Brandon Marshall I doubt Josh McDaniels is inclined to replace him with another immature pass catcher.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 02:03 PM
If he knew or had a better than 75% chance of basically knowing where he was going, and it was in the top 10, wouldnt he be at Radio City Music Hall in a suit right now?
Of all the guys that are 1st round prospects, i cant imagine him not being there if he knew.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
There is no fun in that Traveler. :D

This is agent hype and only hype...Jacksonville is talking about trading down. Denver is talking about trading down. Unless Buffalo pulls a whiffler-screwball and yes I did say that, then it's not very likely. Maybe he's talking about Oakland and then poor Tebow is screwed.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 02:06 PM
This is agent hype and only hype...Jacksonville is talking about trading down. Denver is talking about trading down. Unless Buffalo pulls a whiffler-screwball and yes I did say that, then it's not very likely. Maybe he's talking about Oakland and then poor Tebow is screwed.

You know its DENVER. Just sit there a minute and really think about it.........

Yeah you know.:laugh:

claymore
04-22-2010, 02:07 PM

As a Christian I would feel terrible if Oakland drafted him.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
You know its DENVER. Just sit there a minute and really think about it.........

Yeah you know.:laugh:

That's very true...could you imagine the roar if they did take him at 11? We would hear the roar of the crowed at New York Radio City Music Hall all the way here in Colorado...lol.

camdisco24
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
It sounds like Jacksonville to me as well.
They need a ticket salesman!!!
That being said... I wouldn't mind him becoming a Broncos but not at #11!!!!!!!!!!

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
That's very true...could you imagine the roar if they did take him at 11? We would hear the roar of the crowed at New York Radio City Music Hall all the way here in Colorado...lol.

Shoot! California!:laugh:

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 02:12 PM
As a Christian I would feel terrible if Oakland drafted him.

But the Tebow camp says they have a good idea. And they sound like they're pleased with where they think they're going.

underrated29
04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
If he knew or had a better than 75% chance of basically knowing where he was going, and it was in the top 10, wouldnt he be at Radio City Music Hall in a suit right now?
Of all the guys that are 1st round prospects, i cant imagine him not being there if he knew.

I read somewhere yesterday that he is going to be there in RCMH....

he will not be going to us at 11.....We are trading down and Now i think its between dez and graham at 24 and cody for our next shot.

Carl
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
If some team picking early in the first thinks hes not gonna be there at their second then they just might draft him. The Tebow camp is just trying to inflate his stock. Why else would they say this? Sam Bradford's family isnt prancing around talking about how high he is going to go. Welcome to the Tebow Bubble. And like all stock market bubbles the last guy to figure out its a bubble gets screwed...... Clausen might not even go top 15. This is rediculous...... and if its true...... well remember Ted Ginn Jr. at #9 a few years back..... The guy that just got traded for a 5th round pick.... yeah........

dogfish
04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
But the Tebow camp says they have a good idea. And they sound like they're pleased with where they think they're going.

i'd be pretty pleased if my client was a third round talent who got drafted at #8. . . .

:heh:

dogfish
04-22-2010, 02:23 PM
If some team picking early in the first thinks hes not gonna be there at their second then they just might draft him. The Tebow camp is just trying to inflate his stock. Why else would they say this? Sam Bradford's family isnt prancing around talking about how high he is going to go. Welcome to the Tebow Bubble. And like all stock market bubbles the last guy to figure out its a bubble gets screwed...... Clausen might not even go top 15. This is rediculous...... and if its true...... well remember Ted Ginn Jr. at #9 a few years back..... The guy that just got traded for a 5th round pick.... yeah........

and people said quinn should've been the pick there, and he just got traded for a half-eaten ham sammich. . .

i agree, this is another PR stunt from the tebow camp. . .

topscribe
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Hmmm . . . top 15 for an H-Back.

Better be a good one . . . :coffee:

-----

Spiritguy
04-22-2010, 02:34 PM

He did an interview a day or two ago on NFLN if i'm remembering right and he was asked to be there. He asked how many guests he could bring with and they said 5. His response (paraphrased strongly) was that there were more than 5 in his family not to mention his HS coach, college coach and many others that were important parts of his success and getting to the draft so he decided to party at home with all those folks instead.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I will puke on my shoes if we take him at #11.

I'll send you three rolls of paper towels and a bottle of pepto bismol a.s.a.p.

cuzz4169
04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
If we take him at 11 or later whats the difference? If hes a stud hes a stud. If hes a bust hes a bust. ex. Jarvis Moss, George Foster, Lelie, Middlebrooks, Marcus Nash, And you could argue Deltha O'neal..who had what one good season. so thats 6 out of our last 12 picks 50% thats not bad...yea right.

BroncoWave
04-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Hmmm . . . top 15 for an H-Back.

Better be a good one . . . :coffee:

-----

So McDaniels just had no clue what he was talking about when he said "There is no doubt that Tebow will be a very good NFL QB"?

I think I'll take his word on a QB over yours.

BroncoWave
04-22-2010, 03:08 PM
If we take him at 11 or later whats the difference? If hes a stud hes a stud. If hes a bust hes a bust. ex. Jarvis Moss, George Foster, Lelie, Middlebrooks, Marcus Nash, And you could argue Deltha O'neal..who had what one good season. so thats 6 out of our last 12 picks 50% thats not bad...yea right.

Agreed. There is no guarantee that McClain or Pouncey or Bryant won't be a bust either. If McD loves Tebow and doesn't think he'll be there at 43, then take him at 11.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
So McDaniels just had no clue what he was talking about when he said "There is no doubt that Tebow will be a very good NFL QB"?

I was being sarcastic. Didn't mean to talk over your head . . . ;)

-----

weazel
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
it's agent hype trying to get a team to bite early. the earlier he goes, the more money he makes.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Rumor now has it that people close to Tebow said that Carroll has told him if hes there at #14, he'll be drafted by SEA.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Rumor now has it that people close to Tebow said that Carroll has told him if hes there at #14, he'll be drafted by SEA.

Probably started by the New York Giants.

Get Denver to jump on Tebow, and the NYG get McClain.

Genius move . . .

-----

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
It amazes me that so many people buy into the hype that Tebow is such a horrible player. A few scouts say something bad about his motion and BOOM...suddenly he third round talent. The same stuff was said about guys like Rodgers and Rivers, but they didnt quite have the name glamour that Tebow does, so it wasnt blown out of proportion like this chaos is.

Unless any of us have broken down all the film on him and seen his progress in the private workouts, then we're just assuming that the minority of scouts are spot on with their early assessment of him.

3rd round H-back? Insanity

Northman
04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Come on Coach, there isnt anything that guarantee's this kid is going to succeed either. Its just people's opinions and im one of them who doesnt think he will be great at the NFL level. Its just an opinion and considering i would personally like to see us go after more important needs i think QB is the last thing we should worry about this year. He struggled at the senior bowl and improved at his pro day but none of that says whether he will fail or succeed in the NFL. I just dont see that position as a priority and he really isnt the first choice i would go with.

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Come on Coach, there isnt anything that guarantee's this kid is going to succeed either. Its just people's opinions and im one of them who doesnt think he will be great at the NFL level. Its just an opinion and considering i would personally like to see us go after more important needs i think QB is the last thing we should worry about this year. He struggled at the senior bowl and improved at his pro day but none of that says whether he will fail or succeed in the NFL. I just dont see that position as a priority and he really isnt the first choice i would go with.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not proclaiming him as the next great QB or even advocating that Denver drafts him. I'm just stating MY opinion that I think it's crazy to assume he is such a horrible prospect. 3rd round H-back? Colt McCoy and a few others are better prospects? Based on what??? Nothing more than the fact that he is the biggest name in the draft and a few scouts pointed out some flaws.

I know it's my fault for expecting informed dialogue when seriously discussing draft prospects, so I apologize

Northman
04-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Dont get me wrong, I'm not proclaiming him as the next great QB or even advocating that Denver drafts him. I'm just stating MY opinion that I think it's crazy to assume he is such a horrible prospect. 3rd round H-back? Colt McCoy and a few others are better prospects? Based on what??? Nothing more than the fact that he is the biggest name in the draft and a few scouts pointed out some flaws.

I know it's my fault for expecting informed dialogue when seriously discussing draft prospects, so I apologize

I love ya anyway. ;)

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 03:40 PM
it's agent hype trying to get a team to bite early. the earlier he goes, the more money he makes.

Mayock thinks he'll go late in the first round.

DenBronx
04-22-2010, 03:42 PM
here's my thoughts on the denver broncos taking tebow at 11. if tebow is on your radar know this, his draft stock has drastically risen from a 3rd grade talent to a 1st grade talent by most nfl spectators. if teams are really that high on him i think there will be a alot of teams trying to climb back into round 1 to take him and alot of teams willing to listen to offers to trade back.

so, if you take tebow at 11 then your original choices like pouncey, bryant, mcclain will be easier to get in the late first than a tim tebow. can we get a solid wr or ilb or even a center in round two? yes we can. in fact i think a guy like demarius thomas or a golden tate slips out of the first. it would then be easier to trade up or hope one falls to 43.

that being said...i don't want tebow or pouncey at 11. i want dez bryant or mcclain.

AND tebow will go before colt mccoy...purely because of hype.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
They just mentioned that the Giants may be interested in trading up with Denver for the 11th overall pick because they want McClain.

Tebow at 15?

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
They just mentioned that the Giants may be interested in trading up with Denver for the 11th overall pick because they want McClain.

Tebow at 15?

That would still qualify as Tebow going top 15.

I just dont know who...between 11 and 15...the Giants are afraid of losing McClain to.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 03:46 PM
here's my thoughts on the denver broncos taking tebow at 11. if tebow is on your radar know this, his draft stock has drastically risen from a 3rd grade talent to a 1st grade talent by most nfl spectators. if teams are really that high on him i think there will be a alot of teams trying to climb back into round 1 to take him and alot of teams willing to listen to offers to trade back.

so, if you take tebow at 11 then your original choices like pouncey, bryant, mcclain will be easier to get in the late first than a tim tebow. can we get a solid wr or ilb or even a center in round two? yes we can. in fact i think a guy like demarius thomas or a golden tate slips out of the first. it would then be easier to trade up or hope one falls to 43.

that being said...i don't want tebow or pouncey at 11. i want dez bryant or mcclain.

I am not a huge advocate of Tebow either, and only in the last week has he really been a topic of dicussion here in the draft forum, so hes kinda the new thing for conversation, and aside from me putting all kinds of random crap out there about him, and then watching posters fume back and forth (cmon, it fun!) I do think hes a low 1st, high 2nd round grade to me.
And if your planning on taking him at 43, you might as well take him at #11 cause he might not be there. Then with the high 2nd, take the players you need to fill in the pothles.
With that many high picks, 1 way or the other, you'll get what you need.
Again, i am not saying DEN should do this, theres other players available as well.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 03:48 PM

McCoy is climbing on hype himself, not Tebowdacious hype...but still. :lol:

As far as receivers go, there are only three or four I wouldn't mind coming to Denver; Bryant, Gilyard, Shipley or Easley. I feel there are too many possible busts in this receiver class.

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
McCoy is climbing on hype himself, not Tebowdacious hype...but still. :lol:

As far as receivers go, there are only three or four I wouldn't mind coming to Denver; Bryant, Gilyard, Shipley or Easley. I feel there are too many possible busts in this receiver class.

Including the 4 you mentioned

DenBronx
04-22-2010, 03:52 PM

Tebow at 15?

i'd do it. we only go down 4 spots and alot of really good players will still be on the board NOT named tebow. :laugh: i actually think dez will still be there.

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I've just heard it all.

The argument that Tebow is a great pick in the first round, not because he could be a great player, but because he's a high character guy in a league that lacks so many.

L O L

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Tebow at 15?

I would rather trade the #15 pick for a late second round pick than draft Tebow.

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
our first picks should be used on players that make us better this year...we can get devolopmental players later

does tebow make us better tommorro?..doubt it

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2010, 04:26 PM

I don't think people honestly believe he's going to be a good NFL QB any time soon. This is a guy that had questionable decision making in college, and all of a sudden people think he could be great because he's changed his throwing motion without pads on.

L O L

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
our first picks should be used on players that make us better this year...we can get devolopmental players later

Tim Tebow doesn't make anyone better tomorrow. Except the christians.

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 04:34 PM

thats what i mean...we have so many holes now on this team its ridiculous to even consider tebow that high...we need these 1st and 2nd round picks to go for filling imediate needs

BroncoBJ
04-22-2010, 04:38 PM

Top has been around longer then McDaniels. He knows a good QB when he sees one. He also knows a good H-back when he sees one. :salute:

Not many Hbacks throw for 30 Td's and run for 15 a year. If we draft Tebow, we will never lose another game as long as hes our QB. :rockon:

topscribe
04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Top has been around longer then McDaniels. He knows a good QB when he sees one. He also knows a good H-back when he sees one. :salute:

Not many Hbacks throw for 30 Td's and run for 15 a year. If we draft Tebow, we will never lose another game as long as hes our QB. :rockon:

Yeah, what he said. ^^^ :D

-----

LTC Pain
04-22-2010, 04:41 PM

What? Ughhh!

topscribe
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
What? Ughhh!

Have to agree. That was silly, Silk . . .

-----

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Have to agree. That was silly, Silk . . .

-----

WHy? I'm a christian. He makes me happy.

Is there one team in the NFL, you can say, that he would immediately be able to conrtibute on the field and make better?

Give me one team that would be better for him starting this year...

topscribe
04-22-2010, 04:49 PM

Is there one team in the NFL, you can say, that he would immediately be able to conrtibute on the field and make better?

I agree with you on whether Tebow could immediately contribute. That should
be obvious by now.

One of the better teams that doesn't have needs all over the field may be able
to afford drafting such a talent . . . and he is a talent. But the Broncos can't.

IMHO.

-----

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 04:49 PM

i think your theory is severely flawed by the fact top is firmly entangled in ortons jock:coffee:

just saying

dogfish
04-22-2010, 04:51 PM
jason la canfora was just on NFLN's pre-draft coverage, and he said that all the internet buzz right now is about us taking tebow at 15, but his sources say we wouldn't take him that high. . . FWIW, which is probably nothing right now. . . :D

topscribe
04-22-2010, 04:53 PM
i think your theory is severely flawed by the fact top is firmly entangled in ortons jock:coffee:

just saying

It's amazing how you manage to work Orton into any thread you're in at the moment . . .

Do you have fetish problems?

-----

BroncoBJ
04-22-2010, 04:58 PM

just saying

I dont understand why everyone assumes people are on other peoples jock because they like a certain player or don't like a certain player. I havn't really seen Top talk about Orton in this thread. :fight:

However I like Orton as well. Don't love him and don't hate him. Just hate his mobility. And I really Don't like Quinn at all. Never liked him at Notre Dame or with the Browns.

Pretty silly that over the past few years we've traded picks/players all over the place. And I still don't know who our starter will be come week 1. :fight:

HORSEPOWER 56
04-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I think it's either Cleveland at 7 or Jax at 10. Jax NEEDS Tebow to bring in fans and fill up the stadium so they don't black out every game.

Did you know that the only game last year that the Jags sold out was the Indy game (it was prime time and it was Peyton Manning). The Jags need Tebow to keep them in Jacksonville.

Mr D
04-22-2010, 05:05 PM
You guys need to factor in all the variables of getting Tebow...

Bowlen said he wanted to draft a QB - he never said he was satisfied with Quinn.

From a business standpoint - Tebow would be the preferable move. He'll drive jersey sales through the roof, he'll make sure tickets sell out, and most importantly our fan base will increase by like 50%. Let's put it like this - there is NO negatives from getting Tebow looking at it from a business standpoint.

From a long term standpoint - if Bowlen/McDaniels/Xanders and company believe they can get Tebow running by year 2 or 3 - there's no problem with that. The best position for a QB to be in is to come in and stand on the sidelines and get used to the NFL game and go through mental reps, etc.

From a short term standpoint - one of our biggest issues last year was short yardage situations, 3rd and 2, 3rd and 1, 3rd and 3. Tebow can come in and help with that right away. Wild horses can also be upgraded.

Krugan
04-22-2010, 05:08 PM

Jacksonville or the Rams or the Chiefs or the Raiders, or pretty much any team that has a suctastic QB.

EDIT: doesnt mean I think the Broncos should draft him.

weazel
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM

I agree

LTC Pain
04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree

I also agree. Pass on Tebow.

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
It's amazing how you manage to work Orton into any thread you're in at the moment . . .

Do you have fetish problems?

-----

sorry...did i forget a smilie:lol:

just pushing your buttons old man

Lancane
04-22-2010, 05:52 PM

You think we really have a shot of winning this season? Now that's F'n funny!

:laugh:

We may do okay, but no one is going to come in and make that big of an impact to help us get over the hump. I don't see us making a major push until 2011, in my opinion at least.

CrazyHorse
04-23-2010, 12:38 AM
bump...
Tebow's agent was wrong but he did go first round.