PDA

View Full Version : So How Many INTS does Butthurtler Throw This Year?

Overtime
04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
how many INTS will Jay "Crybabyback Bitch" Butthurtler throw this year???

T.K.O.
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
i don't know....what's the nfl record?:D

Overtime
04-22-2010, 10:28 AM
i don't know....what's the nfl record?:D

42 - George Blanda, Houston, 1962

topscribe
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
We have to remember that Chicago had a bad team last year: bad receivers, bad
O-line, #29 rushing offense, #21 defense in points allowed. Couple that with
Cutler going into the year with only 2½ years under his belt and playing with a
new team in a new scheme.

It's easy to look at Cutler's 26 INTs and think "bust." But we forget that Elway
threw 23 INTs in his third year, and Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs in his first year
and 23 in his fourth . . . and Elway and Manning were in systems more familiar to
them, respectively.

I look for Chicago to be a better team this year all around, and Cutler will be more
experienced: both with the team and overall. He will be more settled down this
year, and I believe he will go on eventually to be a good QB.

-----

Overtime
04-22-2010, 10:47 AM

It's easy to look at Cutler's 26 INTs and think "bust." But we forget that Elway
threw 23 INTs in his third year, and Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs in his first year
and 23 in his fourth . . . and Elway and Manning were in systems more familiar to
them, respectively.

I look for Chicago to be a better team this year all around, and Cutler will be more

-----

c'mon now scribe, i was really hoping to hear that you thought he'd be able to fill George Blanda's shoes and at least tie the record for most INT's this year...:elefant:

MNPatsFan
04-22-2010, 11:56 AM

them, respectively.

-----Top, a big part of the reason the Bears were bad last season, however, was due to Cutler and his presence on the Bears. Cutler made a lot of bad decisions and bad throws, as has been discussed extensively on here. In addition, the Bears completely changed their philosophy last season because they obtained Cutler. Before having Cutler, the Bears ran the ball often and successfully. After obtaining Cutler, however, the Bears stopped running the ball with any regularity and instead became a primarily passing offense to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents. In addition to not making a commitment to run the ball, Cutler failed to keep the defenses honest because he rarely passed or dumped the ball off to Matt Forte thereby ignoring or neutralizing one of the Bears' biggest offensive weapons.

Therefore, Cutler's mistakes and the coaching staff's decision to significantly change their offensive play calling to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents played a HUGE role in why their offensive and defensive numbers were so bad. Defensively, the Bears were too often put into bad position by Cutler turnovers and/or numerous 3 and outs that didn't take any time off the clock while allowing the Bears D to rest.

Just my :2cents:

T.K.O.
04-22-2010, 11:57 AM

43;)

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 12:12 PM

T.K.O.
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
i voted less....only because i can't imagine him leading the league in int's 2 years in a row

Grover
04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm POSITIVE that Cutler will have a better year this year than last year. Settling in to his new team and coming out stronger and better prepared.

Therefore, I've got him down for 25 interceptions, 10 minimum in the red zone.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Top, a big part of the reason the Bears were bad last season, however, was due to Cutler and his presence on the Bears. Cutler made a lot of bad decisions and bad throws, as has been discussed extensively on here. In addition, the Bears completely changed their philosophy last season because they obtained Cutler. Before having Cutler, the Bears ran the ball often and successfully. After obtaining Cutler, however, the Bears stopped running the ball with any regularity and instead became a primarily passing offense to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents. In addition to not making a commitment to run the ball, Cutler failed to keep the defenses honest because he rarely passed or dumped the ball off to Matt Forte thereby ignoring or neutralizing one of the Bears' biggest offensive weapons.

Therefore, Cutler's mistakes and the coaching staff's decision to significantly change their offensive play calling to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents played a HUGE role in why their offensive and defensive numbers were so bad. Defensively, the Bears were too often put into bad position by Cutler turnovers and/or numerous 3 and outs that didn't take any time off the clock while allowing the Bears D to rest.

Just my :2cents:

The only thing wrong with that is that the Bears were bad at running in 2008,
and they were #30 in the league in pass defense that year, too. You might
wish to foist Chicago's troubles all on Cutler, but he was not responsible for
those stats.

Regarding bad decisions and bad throws, I have already pointed out the years
Elway and Manning threw a host of INTs, respectively. Do you think those
were good decisions and throws?

And who was the main RB behind those disappointing rushing stats? Forte. I've
got to see much better production out of him before I consider him a legitimate
"weapon." Far as I can see, Olsen is the only true "weapon" Cutler has, and
he needs more than a TE. Cutler also needs a better O-line and defense. He
can't play all the positions by himself . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...i-thought.html

Martz wowed by Cutler: 'Better than I thought'
April 20, 2010 1:09 PM | 53 Comments
By Brad Biggs

In the fourth week of the Bears' voluntary offseason workout program, Mike Martz can already say one thing: Jay Cutler is more talented than he even imagined.

The offensive coordinator raved about the quarterback when he joined Lovie Smith's staff three months ago, and Tuesday morning after introducing Olin Kreutz as the veteran winner of the club's Piccolo Award, he practically gushed about working with Cutler.

"He's better than I thought," Martz said. "I've got to smile because he's just been remarkable. He really has. He's so intelligent that he can intimidate you. He really can. He is extremely bright, one of the smartest people I've been around. Very humble though. He really loves this game, has a great passion for what he does."

With Cutler working in his third offense in as many years, Martz stripped it down to the basics.

Photo: Jay Cutler has impressed Mike Martz with his intelligence and passion for the game. (Brian Cassella/Tribune)
They're starting from square one and Martz emphasized the work being done now is to teach the system. He's not going to focus on position battles in other areas until training camp. By then, Cutler ought to have a firm grasp on what they are doing.

"We started with him and how he holds his hands under center to how he steps, his stance underneath the center, just like he's a high school quarterback," Martz said. "We go back and re-train all the basic fundamentals how we see it with him. He's bought into everything that we do. He's been a dream for me. I couldn't ask for a better situation."

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM

By Brad Biggs

In the fourth week of the Bears' voluntary offseason workout program, Mike Martz can already say one thing: Jay Cutler is more talented than he even imagined.

The offensive coordinator raved about the quarterback when he joined Lovie Smith's staff three months ago, and Tuesday morning after introducing Olin Kreutz as the veteran winner of the club's Piccolo Award, he practically gushed about working with Cutler.

"He's better than I thought," Martz said. "I've got to smile because he's just been remarkable. He really has. He's so intelligent that he can intimidate you. He really can. He is extremely bright, one of the smartest people I've been around. Very humble though. He really loves this game, has a great passion for what he does."

With Cutler working in his third offense in as many years, Martz stripped it down to the basics.

Photo: Jay Cutler has impressed Mike Martz with his intelligence and passion for the game. (Brian Cassella/Tribune)
They're starting from square one and Martz emphasized the work being done now is to teach the system. He's not going to focus on position battles in other areas until training camp. By then, Cutler ought to have a firm grasp on what they are doing.

"We started with him and how he holds his hands under center to how he steps, his stance underneath the center, just like he's a high school quarterback," Martz said. "We go back and re-train all the basic fundamentals how we see it with him. He's bought into everything that we do. He's been a dream for me. I couldn't ask for a better situation."

You trying to get me depressed? http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm going to quote Tned from another thread, the one about Broncos taking a QB in teh first two rounds, because I found this to be pretty interesting stat....

That is something many simply will never agree with, regardless of what he did in Denver or may do in Chicago or elsewhere.

Interesting thing just happened, logged into Twitter to check on some pre-draft stuff and see Frank Schwab having a conversation and someone is making the oft-repeated statement about Cutler killing the team with red zone interceptions (repeated many, many times on BF as well).

He poses the question of "how many RZ INTs did Cutler have and a few ppl through out numbers, 10, 12, etc. Schwab replies with 4. In 37 starts, Cutler through 4 INTs, and had 38 RZ TDs to his 4 RZ INTs.

I have watched every single game for a couple decades, and even I had been convinced by those that re-write history that Cutler killed the team with RZ INTs, because that's the way the history has been re-written.

Like Cutler or not, what we are left with is the fact we need to find a long term QB solution to replace him, and blowing a first round pick on Alphonso Smith makes that more difficult to do.

Its interesting to see how many people on the boards talk and gripe and complain and bitch and moan about the RZ INTs...... he's had 4. Just another example (as Tned says) of history being rewritten by exaggeration and hyperbole.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 12:49 PM

By Brad Biggs

so lemme get this straight? Martz is impressed with the guy in some spring drills??? seriously? Martz hasn't coached him in a single live action game, and he's already impressed? it would take much more than that for me to be impressed.

some of these coaches open their mouths entirely too earlier.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM
so lemme get this straight? Martz is impressed with the guy in some spring drills??? seriously? Martz hasn't coached him in a single live action game, and he's already impressed? it would take much more than that for me to be impressed.

You are aware of who Martz is, right?

Martz has seen a whole lot of very good QBs in his lengthy career . . .

-----

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Hopefully Martz doesn't get him killed with all his empty sets and that horrendous oline.

EMB6903
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Isnt that AFL?

two different leagues.

NFL record in one season is 35 set by Vinny T.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Hopefully Martz doesn't get him killed with all his empty sets and that horrendous oline.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Overtime
04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
You are aware of who Martz is, right?

Martz has seen a whole lot of very good QBs in his lengthy career . . .

-----

oh wait, yeah didn't he draft Marc Bulger? :coffee:

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 01:03 PM

You've obviously never coached and/or taught anyone at anything, before.

MNPatsFan
04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
The only thing wrong with that is that the Bears were bad at running in 2008,
and they were #30 in the league in pass defense that year, too. You might
wish to foist Chicago's troubles all on Cutler, but he was not responsible for
those stats.

Regarding bad decisions and bad throws, I have already pointed out the years
Elway and Manning threw a host of INTs, respectively. Do you think those
were good decisions and throws?

And who was the main RB behind those disappointing rushing stats? Forte. I've
got to see much better production out of him before I consider him a legitimate
"weapon." Far as I can see, Olsen is the only true "weapon" Cutler has, and
he needs more than a TE. Cutler also needs a better O-line and defense. He
can't play all the positions by himself . . .

-----Top, sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't placing all the blame on Cutler. I actually was placing a great deal of the blame on the Bears coaching staff for significantly changing their offensive style and play calling and thereby abandoning what had worked fairly well the previous season.

In 2008, Matt Forte had
316 rushing attempts
1,238 rushing yards
3.9 average per carry *acceptable but not great*
63 receptions
477 receiving yards
12 TDs (8 rushing and 4 receiving)

In 2009, Matt Forte had
258 attempts
929 rushing yards
3.6 average per carry (sub par)
57 receptions
471 receiving yards
4 TDs (4 rushing and NO receiving)

IMO, the way the Bears used Forte changed in 2009. I can remember a number of times where Forte was open in the flat or just past the 1st down marker, but Cutler would throw further down field trying for the big gain/home run. Brett Favre did the exact same thing in the NFC Championship game and arguably cost the Vikes the game because he ignored the receiver(s) who were open short and went for the big play getting intercepted.

Any way, the whole Bears team is responsible for how poorly they did. I was just trying to articulate that Cutler had a bad season which was exacerbated by the coaching staff's decision to significantly alter their offensive game plan and play calling to attempt to take advantage of Cutler's arm. As a result, the defense frequently ended up on the field in bad situations given Cutler's bad season and the offense's ineptitude. The whole snowball rolling down the side of a mountain analogy. Sorry if my previous post did not clearly articulate my intent and points.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
oh wait, yeah didn't he draft Marc Bulger? :coffee:

Yup. In the the 6th round in 2000. Two-time Pro Bowl. Pro Bowl MVP in 2004.
Looks like a very good 6th round selection to me.

So what is your point? :coffee:

-----

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM

them, respectively.

-----

I do not think any one thinks that jay is a bust YET. and yes he did not help the bears last year with his turnovers but unless they pull some talent out of this draft they could very well spiral down. Doing so without top draft choices is tough to do.

If he does not get some top notch coaching and LISTEN to it he is IMHO the next jeff George a coach killer.

silkamilkamonico
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Martz could be very good for Cutler. But I hope martz will lose some of his pride and work with what he has, meaning leaving more help in protection. IMHO Cutler needs protection more than he needs options. He'll be fine if he can get time to let WR's run their routes. But if he tries to pull the same things he did with Detroit and SF the offense is going to rbeak down as the year goes on and teams get smart.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I do not think any one thinks that jay is a bust YET. and yes he did not help the bears last year with his turnovers but unless they pull some talent out of this draft they could very well spiral down. Doing so without top draft choices is tough to do.

If he does not get some top notch coaching and LISTEN to it he is IMHO the next jeff George a coach killer.

True. They did their best to ruin Jay last year, as they did for all the time Orton
was there. Hopefully, Martz can turn that around. I'm not a big fan of Martz',
but I believe he is a significant upgrade over what they had . . .

-----

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Top, sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't placing all the blame on Cutler. I actually was placing a great deal of the blame on the Bears coaching staff for significantly changing their offensive style and play calling and thereby abandoning what had worked fairly well the previous season.

In 2008, Matt Forte had
316 rushing attempts
1,238 rushing yards
3.9 average per carry *acceptable but not great*
63 receptions
477 receiving yards
12 TDs (8 rushing and 4 receiving)

In 2009, Matt Forte had
258 attempts
929 rushing yards
3.6 average per carry (sub par)
57 receptions
471 receiving yards
4 TDs (4 rushing and NO receiving)

IMO, the way the Bears used Forte changed in 2009. I can remember a number of times where Forte was open in the flat or just past the 1st down marker, but Cutler would throw further down field trying for the big gain/home run. Brett Favre did the exact same thing in the NFC Championship game and arguably cost the Vikes the game because he ignored the receiver(s) who were open short and went for the big play getting intercepted.

Any way, the whole Bears team is responsible for how poorly they did. I was just trying to articulate that Cutler had a bad season which was exacerbated by the coaching staff's decision to significantly alter their offensive game plan and play calling to attempt to take advantage of Cutler's arm. As a result, the defense frequently ended up on the field in bad situations given Cutler's bad season and the offense's ineptitude. The whole snowball rolling down the side of a mountain analogy. Sorry if my previous post did not clearly articulate my intent and points.

they changed their offense to take advantage of the arm jay has, to the determent of the rest of the offense. IMO the same thing that mike did in DEN instead of balancing the draft choices out he loaded the team with O and the D withered on the vine.

Very few teams that are one dimensional are consistent winners.

KCL
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Maybe none....who knows...can't believe anyone on here is still carrying on about Cutler.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Yup. In the the 6th round in 2000. Two-time Pro Bowl. Pro Bowl MVP in 2004.
Looks like a very good 6th round selection to me.

So what is your point? :coffee:

-----

and a bust since then.........

topscribe
04-22-2010, 01:20 PM

So what...is...your...point? :rolleyes:

-----

GEM
04-22-2010, 01:24 PM

By Brad Biggs

Of course he's going to be smooching some Cutler ass....his job depends on it.

:lol:

topscribe
04-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Of course he's going to be smooching some Cutler ass....his job depends on it.

:lol:

I know you said that tongue-in-cheek.

But Martz did not have to do that much gushing. Sure, he's going to be nothing
but positive to the press, but when they gush like that, it's usually sincere . . .

-----

ursamajor
04-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Martz could be very good for Cutler. But I hope martz will lose some of his pride and work with what he has, meaning leaving more help in protection. IMHO Cutler needs protection more than he needs options. He'll be fine if he can get time to let WR's run their routes. But if he tries to pull the same things he did with Detroit and SF the offense is going to rbeak down as the year goes on and teams get smart.

Im kinda in a "wait and see" mindset. Tice said that too many olinemen were being played out of posistion. Omiyale at G for one. They already said he was being put back at RT. And Williams was encouraging when put at LT last season.

Still alot of offseason left.

ursamajor
04-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Maybe none....who knows...can't believe anyone on here is still carrying on about Cutler.

Congrats on Berry. He is the best player in this draft. Here is to your Chiefs, and the rivalry

xpU4gIwnrgY

Overtime
04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
but when they gush like that, it's usually sincere . . .

-----

so maybe we'll see the first gay marriage between an NFL coach and an NFL player? :confused:

atwater27
04-23-2010, 06:33 PM
how many INTS will Jay "Crybabyback Bitch" Butthurtler throw this year???

How many retarded ******* threads is overtime going to initiate this year?

ursamajor
04-23-2010, 06:42 PM
How many retarded ******* threads is overtime going to initiate this year?

i don't know....what's the BroncosForums record?:D

KCL
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Congrats on Berry. He is the best player in this draft. Here is to your Chiefs, and the rivalry

xpU4gIwnrgY

Thanks for posting that and from what I have read...he will be starting!!!

claymore
04-23-2010, 07:27 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/01/13/mailbag/Tim-Tebow.mailbag.jpg

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
so maybe we'll see the first gay marriage between an NFL coach and an NFL player? :confused:

you sure seem to be jealous.....and i noticed you used the "confused smiley"
is there something you want to tell everyone ?

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/01/13/mailbag/Tim-Tebow.mailbag.jpg

"you would'nt like me when i'm angry !"

BoltWalt
05-23-2010, 01:25 PM

Sadly I believe Chicago would bench him well short of the record to spare Jay the psychological pain of such a grand fail. They want to save him from becoming broken, no need to damage the Franchise QB when you have 2nd and 3rd string QBs who would be happy for the face time.

Rick
05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Wouldn't write off Cutler just yet.

Did manage 8 TD 1 INT over last 2 games.

Broncolingus
05-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I think he'll throw less total this year vs. last season, but he'll still have a 'high' overall total - i.e...he wont be one of the low-boi's in the NFL for INTs.

...I think it's also now 'established' that he regularly throws INTs at critical times during games - if there are 'critical' times vs. not critical times during games.

...and Ed Hochuli can't officate every Bears contest this this year.

Watchthemiddle
05-23-2010, 06:14 PM
HE will throw less ...

No way he stays on the field for 16 games this year.

Mark these words..

Weeks 1-3 will be the honeymoon. When he has 2 Td's and 5 Int's after the first 3 weeks, Martz will give him a pass due to it being only 3 games.
Weeks 4-7 - 7 td's and 13 int's and Martz' face will be getting red, and Cutler will not be able to handle the pressure after the honeymoon was over.
Weeks 8-10 - IMPLOSION in Chicago. Cutler will be benched and sucking on his thumb finishing the 2010 season with 9 Td's and 15 int's.

BigBroncLove
05-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Martz has a lot of 5 and 7 step drops. He likes his QB's to be able to sit in a pocket and watch the play develop. That means a lot of time waiting, behiind that terrible offensive line the bears hardly addressed. Martz also likes a spread offense. That means a lot of base protection for Cutler, with not a lot of extra help from TE's, RB,'s or jumbo sets. Cutler is very good in the pocket but I don't think he's that good.

Beyond all that Martz likes to teach and presses very hard that QB's throw to a point on the field, not to a receiver. His system is all about stretches. High/low and in/out stretches that open parts of the field that the O takes advantage of. Honestly I think its obvious why Martz's system has worked in fewer places then it hasn't. It's a system that requires all the pieces be in place, something the Bears don't have. On PFW's audibles one unknown insider was quoted as saying the most important pieces in Martz's offense isn't the QB or the WR's its the tackles and their ability to buy the QB time to see what Martz system is all about. Chicago doesn't have great tackles. MArtz is also uncompromising in his system. He rarely changes protection schemes so his system can properly stretch the D.

I think Cutler won't do as badly this year, but it'll be close, and a lot of that will be on Martz who I obviously have very little faith in. Martz's system works, but it comes at a high cost to the players physically, and its a system very easy to break down with even a sub-par pass rush.

atwater27
05-25-2010, 08:32 AM
HE will throw less ...

No way he stays on the field for 16 games this year.

Mark these words..

Weeks 1-3 will be the honeymoon. When he has 2 Td's and 5 Int's after the first 3 weeks, Martz will give him a pass due to it being only 3 games.
Weeks 4-7 - 7 td's and 13 int's and Martz' face will be getting red, and Cutler will not be able to handle the pressure after the honeymoon was over.
Weeks 8-10 - IMPLOSION in Chicago. Cutler will be benched and sucking on his thumb finishing the 2010 season with 9 Td's and 15 int's.

obsess much?:tsk:

Lonestar
05-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Martz is the next killed coach by jay. And lovie will be right behind him making that #s 4 and 5. 6 if you count dinger.

Getting 2 firsts a 3rd and Orton for this loser was a brilliant move.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
05-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Its stupid to think that Cutler had anything to do with the firing of ANY of the staff in Denver. Especially since he went Pro-bowl when here. Orton would have as much to do with the firing of Lovie. I guess the way some are counting "coaches" that have lost their job due to Jay, it would make about as much sense to say that Orton is the reason Nolan is gone. Just doesn't make sense. But then........

claymore
05-25-2010, 09:53 AM
The only coach I see getting killed by Cutler is McDaniels.

Northman
05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Cutler was hardly the problem in 08'. Did he have some fault? Yes, but i think smart enough fans know where the biggest problem was that year and it wasnt QB. I have my problems with Cutler's maturity and some of his mechanics as a QB but im not ignorant enough to try and call him a coach killer. Just like the defense was the main reason we even made it too .500 last year, the same can be said for 08' where Jay was the main reason we even sniffed .500 in 08.

Medford Bronco
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Isnt that AFL?

two different leagues.

NFL record in one season is 35 set by Vinny T.

lol Vinny inteceptaverde:D

I remember 3 in the 1998 AFC Championship game in Denver. :D

TXBRONC
05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Cutler was hardly the problem in 08'. Did he have some fault? Yes, but i think smart enough fans know where the biggest problem was that year and it wasnt QB. I have my problems with Cutler's maturity and some of his mechanics as a QB but im not ignorant enough to try and call him a coach killer. Just like the defense was the main reason we even made it too .500 last year, the same can be said for 08' where Jay was the main reason we even sniffed .500 in 08.

Yep. I think people who are now trying the push the idea that Cutler got coaches fires are just trying to stir shit for the sake of stiring shit.

atwater27
05-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Finally, this thread is coming to it's senses.

Bosco
05-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Too close to call. On one hand you have what should be some natural improvement with himself and the team, but then you got Martz coming to town.

Lonestar
05-30-2010, 12:48 AM

Let's see did mike get fired after the 08 season Y/N?

Did bates leave after that stellar year Y/N?

Did dinger leave after a less than stellar year in 07 or might have been 06 Y/N?

Did the OC in CHI get fired in 0C Y/N?

Will LOvie be gone after this year along with Martz because they have bascially done nothing to shore up the OLine or WR corps. Y/N?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

I rest my case. To many Coaches good and lousy have rolled the dice on cutlet and are coming up craps.

It is a mattr of time that his natural instinct to wing it kicks in and he throws into double or triple coverage like he has done since grade school. Someething he could get away with in HS and maybe in some college games. BUT he will not get away with it in the pros consistently.

IMO he will never reach the NFL minimum of 2 to 1 TD pick ratio.

broncogirl7
05-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Cutler will have a good year and throw fewer interceptions.

Lonestar
05-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Too close to call. On one hand you have what should be some natural improvement with himself and the team, but then you got Martz coming to town.

But there realy has not been any real improveemnent on the team other than the same crappy players have one more years expreinces playing for a crappy coach and other players.

Everyone thought cutlet would be th savior. But all he did was cost them 3 great draft choices and a starting QB. They needed thos picks to shore up the offense and get some talent for an aging defense.

They are now hooked, screwed and tattooed. With a careless QB that has to win games for them as their division is a really tough one with GB and MIN cleary aheead of them talent wise and maybe even DET with all the top choices they have gotten over the past 15 years or so. Yes I know most of them are busts but the past couple of years have been stellar and da bears have went backwards even farther.

Martz will he have an effect maybe but then you have to throw in learning curve. And frankly lovie better win big this year or he is out on his ass an cutler will have two more notches/scalps on his resume.

TXBRONC
05-30-2010, 07:19 PM
obsess much?:tsk:

Nah. ;)

Bosco
05-30-2010, 08:49 PM
But there realy has not been any real improveemnent on the team other than the same crappy players have one more years expreinces playing for a crappy coach and other players.

Everyone thought cutlet would be th savior. But all he did was cost them 3 great draft choices and a starting QB. They needed thos picks to shore up the offense and get some talent for an aging defense.

They are now hooked, screwed and tattooed. With a careless QB that has to win games for them as their division is a really tough one with GB and MIN cleary aheead of them talent wise and maybe even DET with all the top choices they have gotten over the past 15 years or so. Yes I know most of them are busts but the past couple of years have been stellar and da bears have went backwards even farther.

Martz will he have an effect maybe but then you have to throw in learning curve. And frankly lovie better win big this year or he is out on his ass an cutler will have two more notches/scalps on his resume.

Oh yeah, Chicago is totally ******. They spent all that money and picks for the luxury of having the 3rd best quarterback in their division. Talk about a royal **** up.

Softskull
05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
IMO he will never reach the NFL minimum of 2 to 1 TD pick ratio.

Here are a couple of QBs in their first three years of starting TD/INT ratio

TDs Ints TD/INT
Cutler 72 58 1.24
Manning 85 58 1.47
Elway 59 51 1.16
Farve 70 51 1.37
Brees 55 38 1.45
Orton 58 37 1.57

Lonestar
05-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Here are a couple of QBs in their first three years of starting TD/INT ratio

TDs Ints TD/INT
Cutler 72 58 1.24
Manning 85 58 1.47
Elway 59 51 1.16
Farve 70 51 1.37
Brees 55 38 1.45
Orton 58 37 1.57

do you think I mean really think he will improve.

here is Jeff George

33-40 -.18

lifetime
154 -113 1.36

Personally I do not think he will be anything better than Jeff because he will continue to do it his way.

He really has not incentive now to do better with 20 mil or so guaranteed.

Lonestar
05-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, Chicago is totally ******. They spent all that money and picks for the luxury of having the 3rd best quarterback in their division. Talk about a royal **** up.

and some of our obsessive fans will never get that fact.

Softskull
05-31-2010, 01:56 PM

here is Jeff George

33-40 -.18

lifetime
154 -113 1.36

Personally I do not think he will be anything better than Jeff because he will continue to do it his way.

I dont think either of us have a functioning crystal ball. Cutler made huge strides in his second year under Shanny/Bates. I think that he'd do well under Martz for two years.

George wasn't well liked by team mates, coaches, and most fans. That wasn't the case with Cutler. George was definately a cancer. I dont see that label being attached to Cutler except by bloggers. He supposedly works hard, a first in, last out kind of guy. That usually isnt the guy that just doing for 20 million IMO. I didnt much care for Cutler's personality, but I was willing to let a second year started get a third year.

He may end up "doing it his way", and if that's the case it will be his demise. I think he has as much of a chance unlearning his risk taking as Tebow has of learning a new passing motion.

We've gotten our first rounders out of Chicago, it's ok to not wish every pass he throws is a interception. I hope he does well, same with Hillis, Scheff, and Marshal in 2011.

atwater27
05-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Talk about a royal **** up.

You are right. About the Broncos that is.

Lonestar
05-31-2010, 02:09 PM
I dont think either of us have a functioning crystal ball. Cutler made huge strides in his second year under Shanny/Bates. I think that he'd do well under Martz for two years.

George wasn't well liked by team mates, coaches, and most fans. That wasn't the case with Cutler. George was definately a cancer. I dont see that label being attached to Cutler except by bloggers. He supposedly works hard, a first in, last out kind of guy. That usually isnt the guy that just doing for 20 million IMO. I didnt much care for Cutler's personality, but I was willing to let a second year started get a third year.

He may end up "doing it his way", and if that's the case it will be his demise. I think he has as much of a chance unlearning his risk taking as Tebow has of learning a new passing motion.

We've gotten our first rounders out of Chicago, it's ok to not wish every pass he throws is a interception. I hope he does well, same with Hillis, Scheff, and Marshal in 2011.

The team around him in CHI is just not good and he is not that good to beat teams on his own. their OLINE sucks and they have birtually nothing in the WR drawer.

He will get frustrated and start forcing throws at some time and that will get both marts and love fired as this team SHOULD have used those draft choices to fix the OLINE and WR corp IMO. they would have made a much bigger impact than what cutler can do.

ursamajor
06-01-2010, 05:39 AM
The team around him in CHI is just not good and he is not that good to beat teams on his own.

Actually he is-good enough to be last years NFC runner ups and preseason fav to win the NFC-Vikings...and all they had to do is take the ball and chain off of his ankle known as Ron Turner.

Yes they let Jay call the plays that game. And the following game as well. He beat the Vikings, even with a defense that had 2/3 of its starting LBs out, and that horrible O-line, as well as the inexperinced WRs.

Jay single handedly won that game-he out thought the Vikings D, and outplayed Favre.

I am anxious to see what Martz can get out of him.

ursamajor
06-01-2010, 05:48 AM

here is Jeff George

33-40 -.18

lifetime
154 -113 1.36

I dont think the whole "doing it his way" thing is accurate. Going from the schemes and philosophies of on of the all-time great offensive minds in Shanahan to Ron Turner...well I am surprised Jay didn't bust out into fits of laughter every time Ron radioed in a play.

Actually the fact that Jay kept a straight face while listening to nothing but idiocy piped into headset has me convinced that he has a zen master like level of self control.

Jay will buy into Martz, I have no doubt...Mike does have a clue about how to call an offense, whereas Ron was the first and only NFL OC to have his entire playbook written on a single cocktail napkin.

Lonestar
06-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Well glad your convinced that jay has gotten over throwing into double and triple coverages. That his arn strench alone will beat the world.

Even with a great OLINE,a vaunted OC/HC and WR he was average.

Having a lousy OL average at best set of WR and martz will not be an upgrade over DEN.

Good luck with him and the team learning third offense in 5 years and winning all the marbles.
When he gets frustrated he becomes a head case and forcs things.

So ONE game last year doth not make consistency somthing he has not shown maybe since HS and not sure he was then.
I still think that he will never reach or be under the.2 to 1 TD to pick ratio that is considered the minimum standard for good to great QB's.
Glad we got draft choices from you and don't have to deal with his slucking on the bench when a mistake is made by himslef or other player.

P Rivers was so inside his head everytime we played SAN that it was not pretty. It is a matter of time before the division teams get that book on him.

Yep so gald he is gone. :salute:

claymore
06-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Well glad your convinced that jay has gotten over throwing into double and triple coverages. That his arn strench alone will beat the world.

Even with a great OLINE,a vaunted OC/HC and WR he was average.

Having a lousy OL average at best set of WR and martz will not be an upgrade over DEN.

Good luck with him and the team learning third offense in 5 years and winning all the marbles.
When he gets frustrated he becomes a head case and forcs things.

So ONE game last year doth not make consistency somthing he has not shown maybe since HS and not sure he was then.
I still think that he will never reach or be under the.2 to 1 TD to pick ratio that is considered the minimum standard for good to great QB's.
Glad we got draft choices from you and don't have to deal with his slucking on the bench when a mistake is made by himslef or other player.

P Rivers was so inside his head everytime we played SAN that it was not pretty. It is a matter of time before the division teams get that book on him.

Yep so gald he is gone. :salute:

He still holds the single season passing record for the Broncos. Something he did in his 3rd year.

We will be lucky as hell if Tebow can ever become as good as Cutler. Quinn and Orton dont have a chance.

Hate all you want, but Cutler was by far the 2nd best QB the Broncos have ever had.

Lonestar
06-01-2010, 09:38 AM
He still holds the single season passing record for the Broncos.

Hate all you want, but Cutler was by far the 2nd best QB the Broncos have ever had.
Man you just can't stop stop swinging from his jock
To see that his records is between the 20's who cares.

He has been a loser since just after HS and0maybe even then as I could care less about Santa Claus High records.

I don't hate the guy just see him for what he is a head case. When he wins the same % of games for DEN as Jake even did then he falls into the second best QB ever in a bronco uniform and that is not even with MORTON in the mix. Both were winners in DEN even if you hated them they were leaders and did not sluck on the sidelines after a bad series.

Your laughable because of your man love for this twit.

Time to move on Josh has as have most real fans.

claymore
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Man you just can't stop stop swinging from his jock

He has been a loser since just after HS and0maybe even then as I could care less about Santa Claus High records.

I don't hate the guy just see him for what he is a head case. When he wins the same % of games for DEN as Jake even did then he falls into the second best QB ever in a bronco uniform and that is not even with MORTON in the mix. Both were winners in DEN even if you hated them they were leaders and did not sluck on the sidelines after a bad series.

Your laughable because of your man love for this twit.

Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumsAre you drunk? What does sluck mean?

Bosco
06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
You are right. About the Broncos that is.

We sure didn't miss the Frown Cannon last year.

Softskull
06-01-2010, 11:20 AM
We sure didn't miss the Frown Cannon last year.

That's funny. That's actually one of the things I liked about the youngin'. I'm so sick of the made for TV types - boring!

The same with Plummer. It adds a bit of flavor when you flip off a few drunken loud mouths. Throw in the beard and his devotion to Tillman, you have a character of interest.

Greise was a wet towel.

Brister seemed to be mainlining adrenaline. Interesting but tiring to watch.

Bosco
06-01-2010, 11:29 AM
That's funny. That's actually one of the things I liked about the youngin'. I'm so sick of the made for TV types - boring!

The same with Plummer. It adds a bit of flavor when you flip off a few drunken loud mouths. Throw in the beard and his devotion to Tillman, you have a character of interest.

Greise was a wet towel.

Brister seemed to be mainlining adrenaline. Interesting but tiring to watch.

Cutler was alot more Griese than Plummer though.

Softskull
06-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Cutler was alot more Griese than Plummer though.

Could be, hard to tell what Greise was like. Plummer continues to be like a freakin cartoon of a human. I miss that guy. Our loss was the handball world's gain.

claymore
06-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Plummer was a shit stain on the Broncos great history.

Bosco
06-01-2010, 11:49 AM

You mean the guy who with the 39-15 record, 3 straight playoff appearances and quarterback of the only Broncos team to win a playoff game since John Elway retired?

If he's a shit stain on our history, what do you consider Cutler? The Anti-Christ?

claymore
06-01-2010, 11:57 AM
You mean the guy who with the 39-15 record, 3 straight playoff appearances and quarterback of the only Broncos team to win a playoff game since John Elway retired?

If he's a shit stain on our history, what do you consider Cutler? The Anti-Christ?

No one ever mentions Plummer's record before Shanahan's coaching. Plummer is a piece of shit as a person, and as a player. Take away the bootleg and plummer would be Tom Brandstater's backup.

Bosco
06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
No one ever mentions Plummer's record before Shanahan's coaching. Actually they did, as he led the then hapless Cardinals to a playoff victory over the Cowboys in 1998.

Plummer is a piece of shit as a person That's funny. His teammates would have run through a brick wall for him.

and as a player. So again I ask, what do you consider Cutler and his losing record to be?

Take away the bootleg and plummer would be Tom Brandstater's backup. And yet it worked so well.

claymore
06-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Actually they did, as he led the then hapless Cardinals to a playoff victory over the Cowboys in 1998.

That's funny. His teammates would have run through a brick wall for him.

So again I ask, what do you consider Cutler and his losing record to be?

And yet it worked so well.

Plummer had more turnovers than TD's. He has sexualy assulated women, physically assulted women, flipped off the fans, and been cited in road rage/hit and run case.

Defend him if you want but he is a turd.

Cutler cant lose games by himself. Its impossible to pin losses on a single player in a team sport.

claymore
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Actually they did, as he led the then hapless Cardinals to a playoff victory over the Cowboys in 1998.

That's funny. His teammates would have run through a brick wall for him.

So again I ask, what do you consider Cutler and his losing record to be?

And yet it worked so well.

And if they would have gone thru a wall for him, he wouldnt have lost his job to a rookie. What a doosh!

Bosco
06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Plummer had more turnovers than TD's. He has sexualy assulated women, physically assulted women So you were there?

flipped off a fan Fixed

and been cited in road rage/hit and run case. What a *******!

Defend him if you want but he is a turd. But then you consider Cutler to be the Anti-Christ, right?

Cutler cant lose games by himself. Its impossible to pin losses on a single player in a team sport. Oh? How about San Diego in 2008 before Hochuli bailed his ass out? Buffalo 2008?

And if they would have gone thru a wall for him, he wouldnt have lost his job to a rookie. What a doosh! Say what?

claymore
06-01-2010, 12:47 PM
So you were there?
He admitted it.

Fixed
You dont know who he flipped off. There were 20,000 people behind him.

What a *******!
Agreed.

But then you consider Cutler to be the Anti-Christ, right?Why would I think that?

Oh? How about San Diego in 2008 before Hochuli bailed his ass out? Buffalo 2008? Cutler kept us in the Sandiego game, dont recall much of the Buffalo game besides the miracle FG. What about them?

Say what?
What?

Bosco
06-01-2010, 01:44 PM
He admitted it. He did? Granted this was over a decade ago, but I certainly don't remember him admitting to it.

You dont know who he flipped off. There were 20,000 people behind him. IIRC correctly he came out and said he was flipping off one fan who was heckling him.

Why would I think that? Oh I don't know. The Phillip Rivers incident, horrible clutch performances, losing record, the PR war he waged on the Broncos for his own personal gain, the lying to the local and national media and insulting the entire Bronco's fanbase?

Take your pick.

Cutler kept us in the Sandiego game True, but then he turned around and fumbled the ball when no one was within several feet of him. Luckily the refs bailed his (and by proxy, our) asses out.

As for the Buffalo game, throwing the interception late in the 4th quarter when we were trying to tie up the game was bad enough. Then after our defense stepped up and got him the ball back he managed to overthrow a wide open Brandon Stokley twice, on 3rd and 4th down, respectively.

What? Sorry, I'm just not understanding how the fact that Plummer's teammates would have run through walls for him has anything to do with him losing his job.

claymore
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
He did? Granted this was over a decade ago, but I certainly don't remember him admitting to it.

IIRC correctly he came out and said he was flipping off one fan who was heckling him.

Oh I don't know. The Phillip Rivers incident, horrible clutch performances, losing record, the PR war he waged on the Broncos for his own personal gain, the lying to the local and national media and insulting the entire Bronco's fanbase?

Take your pick.

True, but then he turned around and fumbled the ball when no one was within several feet of him. Luckily the refs bailed his (and by proxy, our) asses out.

As for the Buffalo game, throwing the interception late in the 4th quarter when we were trying to tie up the game was bad enough. Then after our defense stepped up and got him the ball back he managed to overthrow a wide open Brandon Stokley twice, on 3rd and 4th down, respectively.

Sorry, I'm just not understanding how the fact that Plummer's teammates would have run through walls for him has anything to do with him losing his job.

Im not going to argue your personal opinion. I hate Plummer because he was a bad person, which has been documented by multiple news sources. I think he was a shit QB which has been statistically documented by the NFL and other sports sites.

Unless you present some proof that Cutler is a bad guy, or a worse QB than Plummer, Im done arguing.

Timmy!
06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
War Plummer.

Clay is in denial. :heh:

Lonestar
06-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Are you drunk? What does sluck mean? combo between suck and sulk..

which he did.

Lonestar
06-01-2010, 07:02 PM
He did? Granted this was over a decade ago, but I certainly don't remember him admitting to it.

IIRC correctly he came out and said he was flipping off one fan who was heckling him.

Oh I don't know. The Phillip Rivers incident, horrible clutch performances, losing record, the PR war he waged on the Broncos for his own personal gain, the lying to the local and national media and insulting the entire Bronco's fanbase?

Take your pick.

True, but then he turned around and fumbled the ball when no one was within several feet of him. Luckily the refs bailed his (and by proxy, our) asses out.

Sorry, I'm just not understanding how the fact that Plummer's teammates would have run through walls for him has anything to do with him losing his job.

nailed this one:salute::salute:

had it not been for referee ED we would have lost that ONE HUGE..

Forget trying to reason with haters as so many rode jays jock for years they can't see the forest for the trees.

Jake won a hell of a lot of games for us, just could not overcome having a LB next to him when he made his drop back to survey the field for a pass.

mikey got our asses kicked in that AFFC game by having a LOUSY LOS play in the game but then what do you except from FA and late round DAFT choices, on the LOS.

Lonestar
06-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Plummer had more turnovers than TD's. He has sexualy assulated women, physically assulted women, flipped off the fans, and been cited in road rage/hit and run case.

Defend him if you want but he is a turd.

Cutler cant lose games by himself. Its impossible to pin losses on a single player in a team sport.

Guess then BM is on your shit stain list also.

My o MY how the colors change.

ursamajor
06-02-2010, 04:30 AM

17 of his 27 tds came inside the 20 last season...18 tds if you count his rushing td. And since I know you are going to ask, he had 6 ints in the RZ last year.

Both sides are still riled up about it, as this thread proves.

ursamajor
06-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Well glad your convinced that jay has gotten over throwing into double and triple coverages.

I dunno, but no DC thought enough about any of our WRs last year to triple cover them at any point.

BoltWalt
06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
My how Denver's Golden Boy has fallen. Two years ago many of you thought that Cutler was Hot Shit in a martini glass, now he is like warm diarrhea in a Dixie Cup?

Ravage!!!
06-09-2010, 11:48 AM
My how Denver's Golden Boy has fallen. Two years ago many of you thought that Cutler was Hot Shit in a martini glass, now he is like warm diarrhea in a Dixie Cup?

Only with a few. ANy player that no longer wears the uniform will get crapped on. Watch how they talk about Marshall, as well.

Cutler is still MUCH MUCH better than any QB we have on the roster.

Ravage!!!
06-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I dunno, but no DC thought enough about any of our WRs last year to triple cover them at any point.

you are talking to a guy that doesn't even know that there is hardly never a 'triple coverage' on any one player. He certainly wouldn't recognize that none of your WRs certainly didn't get it.

atwater27
06-09-2010, 12:47 PM

warm diarrhea in a dixie cup..... sounds like another term for Tomlinson.

Ravage!!!
06-09-2010, 05:04 PM
17 of his 27 tds came inside the 20 last season...18 tds if you count his rushing td. And since I know you are going to ask, he had 6 ints in the RZ last year.

Both sides are still riled up about it, as this thread proves.

in the 37 starts he had in Denver, he had 4 RZ INTs and 38 TDs. Yet all the fans that want to talk trash want to try and say he has a RZ int problem. 38-to-4.. I'll take ANY day from ANY one.

Bosco
06-10-2010, 04:06 PM

I can't speak for the others, but I was never particularly impressed with Cutler.

T.K.O.
06-10-2010, 04:13 PM
I can't speak for the others, but I was never particularly impressed with Cutler.

i was very hopeful about cutler but no never impressed.i an curious about how he will finish his career but even that really does'nt matter at this point.
gotta hope tebow becomes our future qb star. then i really really wont give a ----

Colorado4Life
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
He won't throw any is an option? Is that for one series, one quarter, one half, one game? Its almost a mathematical certainly that he'll throw an interception and with it being Jay Cutler, there is an increase likelihood that that one interception will have friends, and hopefully many, many, many friends.

Lonestar
07-01-2010, 04:05 PM
i was very hopeful about cutler but no never impressed.i an curious about how he will finish his career but even that really does'nt matter at this point.
gotta hope tebow becomes our future qb star. then i really really wont give a ----

I have not given a darn since mikey left because I knew it was a matter of time before he was transformed into a real QB or be gone.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Surely you reminisce about your 1st crush/love. *wink*

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 09:41 AM
More like bustED. Too many sacks can do that. Plus losing your wr targets.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Yep.......winning records and playoffs be damned. :coffee:

KCL
09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Surely you reminisce about your 1st crush/love. *wink*

No I don't...but I guess some people do.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 10:39 AM
No one ever mentions Plummer's record before Shanahan's coaching. Plummer is a piece of shit as a person, and as a player. Take away the bootleg and plummer would be Tom Brandstater's backup.
You made no sense, clay, other than showing yor utter diisdain for the man. He was well liked by the team, great with his Foundation and dedicated his play/life to a former teammate. Frankly, your opinion of him says more about his detractors than it does him, imo. And his walking away from the game because he no longer had the drive, instead of just playing for the money speaks volumes to his character.

ps. So its ok to bring plummer into cutler discussions but not cutler into present day discussions?

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Im not going to argue your personal opinion. I hate Plummer because he was a bad person, which has been documented by multiple news sources. I think he was a shit QB which has been statistically documented by the NFL and other sports sites.

Unless you present some proof that Cutler is a bad guy, or a worse QB than Plummer, Im done arguing.
Whoa, clay..... I think its only fair and proper for you to cite some backup to your mentioning of "multiple news sources"and sports sites.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
nailed this one:salute::salute:

had it not been for referee ED we would have lost that ONE HUGE..

Forget trying to reason with haters as so many rode jays jock for years they can't see the forest for the trees.

Jake won a hell of a lot of games for us, just could not overcome having a LB next to him when he made his drop back to survey the field for a pass.

mikey got our asses kicked in that AFFC game by having a LOUSY LOS play in the game but then what do you except from FA and late round DAFT choices, on the LOS.
Pit brought their Windex and cleaned shanny's mirrors.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Yep....he's squeezed in there with phyllis rivers

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Only with a few. ANy player that no longer wears the uniform will get crapped on. Watch how they talk about Marshall, as well.

Cutler is still MUCH MUCH better than any QB we have on the roster.
Better record? ORTON
Better home record? ORTON
Better RZ Int ratio? ORTON

Arm strength is overrated. Kyle boller threw 70yds from his knees....how's he doing ?
Add up 3 strong armed QBs' records and I'll take 3 avg 'Orton-like' arms. I have a feeling the results might surprise.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 11:28 AM
in the 37 starts he had in Denver, he had 4 RZ INTs and 38 TDs. Yet all the fans that want to talk trash want to try and say he has a RZ int problem. 38-to-4.. I'll take ANY day from ANY one.
I think you might be falling for some word play, rav. I have a feeling they're only counting the LOS inside the 20 , and not when he's at , say, the 25yd line and getting picked inside the RZ. I just think the number is higher than 4......and even 6. Sure felt like it.
Reading into your last couple sentences, then, you must LOVE Orton. ; )

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
No I don't...but I guess some people do.
BZZZZZZZZZ! Don't believe you.

(and it was kinda rhetorical)
*wink*

claymore
09-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Whoa, clay..... I think its only fair and proper for you to cite some backup to your mentioning of "multiple news sources"and sports sites.

Its been mentioned and argued ad nauseum. Plummer was convicted of physical and sexual assualt against a woman, he had a road rage thing, flipped off Bronco fans, left his fiance at the alter, and quit on the Denver Broncos.

If you like guys like him and quitterson, or Daryl Gardner, thats up to you.

Im not posting links again. You can google it.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Its been mentioned and argued ad nauseum. Plummer was convicted of physical and sexual assualt against a woman, he had a road rage thing, flipped off Bronco fans, left his fiance at the alter, and quit on the Denver Broncos.

So in other words, facts be damned. Gotcha. :coffee:

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2010, 11:55 AM

C'mon Clay, you're telling me you've never done this?

On March 23, 1997 Plummer became the subject of controversy when he was accused of fondling three women at a Tempe, Arizona night club called Club Rio. The women stated to police that Plummer reached under their skirts and down their pants while dancing with them and consuming alcohol. When one of the women confronted him, he allegedly kicked her in the leg. Plummer was formally charged on May 28, 1997 with felony sexual abuse. He later struck a plea bargain and received two years probation. He was also fined $1,020 and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I think you might be falling for some word play, rav. I have a feeling they're only counting the LOS inside the 20 , and not when he's at , say, the 25yd line and getting picked inside the RZ. I just think the number is higher than 4......and even 6. Sure felt like it.

Uhmm, thats not word play, the LoS is what determines the RZ. Those are also the TDs he threw from inside the RZ.. where the LoS was in the RZ. The TDs thrown from outside the 20 yrd line weren't included in that stat, either. The Redzone is from where the LoS is. Otherwise a guy on the 40 could throw a ball inside the 20 and you would want to call that a RZ int?? Talk about doing your best to manipulate the stats.

But I'm pretty sure I feel much more confident with the real numbers as opposed to your revised "feeling." But thats just me.

**edit** I will correct myself, however. It was 4 INTs to 37 TD passes in 37 starts, not 38. So its only a 37-4 TD-INT RZ ratio. My bad.

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Uhmm, thats not word play, the LoS is what determines the RZ. Those are also the TDs he threw from inside the RZ.. where the LoS was in the RZ. The TDs thrown from outside the 20 yrd line weren't included in that stat, either. The Redzone is from where the LoS is. Otherwise a guy on the 40 could throw a ball inside the 20 and you would want to call that a RZ int?? Talk about doing your best to manipulate the stats.But I'm pretty sure I feel much more confident with the real numbers as opposed to your revised "feeling." But thats just me.
ok,so here you go again with your turning the conversation into me! And I'M the attacker? Hypocritical much? I was making a simple point with my question. I BELIEVE HE HAS THROWN MORE THAN 4 INT'S INSIDE THE 20YD LINE! Its a squandered scoring chance, momentum killer, game changer.ESPECIALLY inside the RZ, be it thrown from there or outside it. And if thats not called a RZ Int, it SHOULD BE.
/rant

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
How many did Cutlet throw withing the 40 yard line on the other side of the field killing drives and giving almost instant points to the opposition?

rcsodak
09-09-2010, 12:59 PM
How many did Cutlet throw withing the 40 yard line on the other side of the field killing drives and giving almost instant points to the opposition?
*blows the dust off the abacus......*

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2010, 01:21 PM
*blows the dust off the abacus......*

I went looking for old drive charts from the 07 and 08 season, but I got bored.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2010, 05:42 PM
ok,so here you go again with your turning the conversation into me! And I'M the attacker? Hypocritical much? I was making a simple point with my question. I BELIEVE HE HAS THROWN MORE THAN 4 INT'S INSIDE THE 20YD LINE! Its a squandered scoring chance, momentum killer, game changer.ESPECIALLY inside the RZ, be it thrown from there or outside it. And if thats not called a RZ Int, it SHOULD BE.
/rant

You can believe all you want, but you would be wrong. But then, facts be damned, right? :lol:

Also note that I'm not attacking you, I'm simply replying to your suggestion that I'm falling for "word play"... even though it didn't make sense to the conversation.

But you can't simply change something to fit your perspective. So everything is considered the 'red zone' because it fits your point of view?? Come on.

If you want to complain about his INTs in the RZ, then you have to stick with the facts about what is referred to as the RZ. You can't change it simply because the facts blow up in your face with the complaint.

Northman
09-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I just want to know if Jay threw a left handed INT for a TD. Life would not be complete unless he did that.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I just want to know if Jay threw a left handed INT for a TD. Life would not be complete unless he did that.

Who's TD, offense or defense?

atwater27
09-09-2010, 06:17 PM
So in other words, facts be damned. Gotcha. :coffee:

Yeah. What you said. Cept the opposite.:coffee:

claymore
09-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah. What you said. Cept the opposite.:coffee:

Truth hurts. All the folks that hated Marshall or whoever ignored the facts with Jake the sanke road rage Plummer.