PDA

View Full Version : Possible Draft pick for Denver

roomemp
04-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Did anybody catch the NFL Network say that the Broncos just worked out Colt McCoy?

I have this strong feeling that McDaniels might be hyping up Tebow just to create a distraction. His real interest is in Colt McCoy.

Problem is I have no source. Its just something I heard on Path to the Draft.

broncofaninfla
04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Did anybody catch the NFL Network say that the Broncos just worked out Colt McCoy?

I have this strong feeling that McDaniels might be hyping up Tebow just to create a distraction. His real interest is in Colt McCoy.

I saw that last night on ESPN. Also said we worked out Tebow twice.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 07:39 AM

Path to the Draft is a credible source, there is probably at least one other person who watched last night and can verify what you said.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-22-2010, 08:42 AM
I saw that, I have it recorded actually. I'm so glad that after tomorrow I'll never have to watch another episode of it again. Back to NFL Total access for me!

Lancane
04-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I mentioned yesterday that Ben McDaniels went to his Pro-Day workout, we know we have an interest in Tebow as well. Wouldn't be that surprising if we did have a last minute workout with another of the top four quarterbacks in this draft.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 09:16 AM
I mentioned yesterday that Ben McDaniels went to his Pro-Day workout, we know we have an interest in Tebow as well. Wouldn't be that surprising if we did have a last minute workout with another of the top four quarterbacks in this draft.

Can teams still meet with prospects?!?!?
I thought Tuesdays workout/meeting with Tebow was the last day??

LRtagger
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
OR he could have a legitimate interest in both players and may take whichever one is available with our 2nd or 3rd pick. It's not always a mind game.

LRtagger
04-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Can teams still meet with prospects?!?!?
I thought Tuesdays workout/meeting with Tebow was the last day??

We brought Tebow in on Monday. Josh flew to Texas on Tuesday to workout McCoy.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM

And we know that Ben McDaniels went to McCoy's Pro-Day, so this is not the first time we've shown an interest in him.

But I'm wondering if it's a smokescreen, if we trade down to 22 or 24 and someone wants one of the two, they may be inclined to take the more pro-favored McCoy and could drop Tebow in our laps.

Either way, it's interesting nonetheless that we are showing a strong interest in two of the top four in the draft.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 09:34 AM

Ah!

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 09:52 AM
McCoy has WCO written all over him. I'd prefer Tebow over McCoy

Overtime
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM
hopefully common sense will prevail and we'll either take Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller.

if it's Spiller, then we can stick No-Show Morono as a 3rd down back where he belongs. :coffee:

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Common sense tells us NOT to take Spiller or Bryant at 11........

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
McCoy has WCO written all over him. I'd prefer Tebow over McCoy

Not me.... I'd take McCoy in a heartbeat over Tebow. This is a passing league.

MileHighCrew
04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
hopefully common sense will prevail and we'll either take Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller.

if it's Spiller, then we can stick No-Show Morono as a 3rd down back where he belongs. :coffee:

a runningback inthe first round for the second year in a row. What are we the Clippers (power forward, power forward can't have too many of them) of the NFL?

Northman
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
A lot of people thought McD was interested in McCoy a while ago. But i dont want him either. He's too brittle.

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Not me.... I'd take McCoy in a heartbeat over Tebow. This is a passing league.

Exactly why I'd prefer Tebow. 3 years from now, he'll be the better of the two. McCoy plays in the Texas passing game that is WCO all day. Short timing routes. His accuracy numbers are inflated from throwing 5 yard outs all day long. Dont be fooled.