PDA

View Full Version : Trading down with the patriots!!

SonoftheSouth
04-22-2010, 06:43 AM
The Pats have the 22'nd pick in the first and then also have two second rounders- #44 and # 47 overall. What if we traded our first round pick at # 11 for their first round pick at # 22 PLUS their second round pick at # 44? According to the draft value chart that would be about equal compensation.

The big advantage for the Broncos would be VIRTUAL CONTROL OF THE UPPER THIRD OF ROUND TWO, WITH PICKS #43 our own, #44 from the Pats, AND #45 from the Dolphins as part of the Marshall trade. So what do you guys think?? I believe Bill might be induced by the chance at McClain, Spiller, Bryant, et al, and the Broncos could likely get a good OL at #22, then really have fun spinning the wheels and gathering up the talent with three consecutive picks 43, 44, and 45 in the second! Heck we might even be able to get Demaryous Thomas, Javid Best and/or Jacoby Ford, and maybe even Mr. Tebow too!! i kind of like it. Just a thought!

Zweems56
04-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Or eagles for 24 and 37

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 07:26 AM
The big advantage for the Broncos would be VIRTUAL CONTROL OF THE UPPER THIRD OF ROUND TWO, WITH PICKS #43 our own, #44 from the Pats, AND #45 from the Dolphins as part of the Marshall trade.

This is probably one of reasons that the Patriots wouldn't trade with us, besides that the Patriots are more into hording picks than trading them away.

milehigh
04-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Josh got his fetish for 2nd round picks from Belichick. I think the Patriots and Broncos will trade down not up. Eagles could be interested in 11 though.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 08:29 AM
This is probably one of reasons that the Patriots wouldn't trade with us, besides that the Patriots are more into hording picks than trading them away.

Yeah, its just rare to see Bilicheat move up. However, NE has a glaring hole right now at WR, and LB for that matter.
Moss' production dropped off dramatically after the Welker injury, and no one knows what his status is. As much as i liked Edelmann as a player, i dont think Belicheat wants to rely on just him. NE needs a WR and Dez Bryant could allow Brady to have a new weapon to finish off his career with .
So, theres an outside chance that this could happen if belicheat had a trading partner he could work with....like a former assistant.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-22-2010, 08:32 AM
I don't see bellichick moving up any time for any reason, ever.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Don't count out Green Bay or Cincinnati, there has been word that both are interested in moving up, the Packers have been more open about it though, like the Eagles.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 09:55 AM
some people just need to quit starting threads all together :rolleyes:

GEM
04-22-2010, 09:59 AM

Beings this is his first thread posted, I don't know why you choose to post this. If you don't want to read it, nobodies forcing you. Quit being rude just for the sake of being rude.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Beings this is his first thread posted, I don't know why you choose to post this. If you don't want to read it, nobodies forcing you. Quit being rude just for the sake of being rude.

actually I posted it because it lacks complete common sense.

GEM
04-22-2010, 10:04 AM

To you, perhaps it lacks that, but there is a such thing as having some manners. If you don't want to read his posts, don't. There's no reason to be rude just for the sake of being rude. If you want to tear his post apart for why it makes no sense for the Broncos to do what he's posted, have at it, save the rude bullshit for somewhere else.

BroncoWave
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Overtime, have you forgotten about this post?

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=900482&postcount=104

I had a blow up last month, and got upset over some stupid stuff. I really figured I was banned for good, but I logged in and didnt get any messages, and I'm very fortunate that I'm not.

So i'm apologizing to everyone for being a jackass (GEM, don't edit my post for name calling on myself please :D).

No excuses for that at all, I take full responsibility.

I have been under quite a bit of stress, but that's not an excuse to be a jerkoff to people, but at least you all have an explanation, and I just didn't handle the situation properly.

Sorry if I offended anyone, sorry if I was rude, and sorry for my behavior.

that was really unacceptable of me and I'm pretty ashamed. :tsk:

I will do my best to be a more upstanding member, and follow the rules, and if I don't feel I can do that...i'll just logout and cool off until I can.

MileHighCrew
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
To you, perhaps it lacks that, but there is a such thing as having some manners. If you don't want to read his posts, don't. There's no reason to be rude just for the sake of being rude. If you want to tear his post apart for why it makes no sense for the Broncos to do what he's posted, have at it, save the rude bullshit for somewhere else.

How very Canadian of you :salute:

GEM
04-22-2010, 10:24 AM
How very Canadian of you :salute:

Aye? :lol:

MileHighCrew
04-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Its EH!!!! LOL

slim
04-22-2010, 10:50 AM
I thougt it was Cheers!

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 11:05 AM

I don't think it does.

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Josh got his fetish for 2nd round picks from Belichick. I think the Patriots and Broncos will trade down not up. Eagles could be interested in 11 though.

It is great way to pick upLOTS of eventual if not immediate starters. Twofers so to speak.

They always have a boatload of picks each year even though they are perennial winners that chose late in the first round.

I hope that Josh is as successful doing it as Bill has been.

Noce to have the top GUY at a position, but I rather have two the #2 or 3 guys at their positions every year forever.

If you can increase by a factor of two each year getting top hundred guys .

Even if you blow a pick or two from time to time it is not like blowing ONE big one that has 3 or 4 times as much guaranteed money.

You basically get two players for the price of one. Then you can cherry pick after their rookie contracts are over who you keep and who you trade or allow to walk if their demands are on the moon.

Look at Seymor they traded his ass for number ONE pick because they had talent behind him. They basically got 5 or 6 years out of him and then got the same round pick as they used to get him up front.

Smart business wise.

GIve me a bunch of 2s and 3s each year anyway over early to mid ones.

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 11:32 AM

Pot calling kettle.

IIRC you have started a lot of threads and had lots of posts in the past that many others may have thought the same of you.

Words to live by.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

underrated29
04-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Dont worry man. I have had this in my sig for a while now.... I think the PATS are IN LOVE with DEZ and want him to replace MOSS......It makes perfect sense to me........also probably why it will not happen. My prediction thread has a track record for wrong.

dogfish
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM

give him a vacation so we don't have to listen to his overtrolling all weekend. . . :salute:

as for the thread. . . pansies trade down, not up. . . . i do think we'll probably trade down, but not with new england. . .

Yeah, its just rare to see Bilicheat move up. However, NE has a glaring hole right now at WR, and LB for that matter.
Moss' production dropped off dramatically after the Welker injury, and no one knows what his status is. As much as i liked Edelmann as a player, i dont think Belicheat wants to rely on just him. NE needs a WR and Dez Bryant could allow Brady to have a new weapon to finish off his career with .
So, theres an outside chance that this could happen if belicheat had a trading partner he could work with....like a former assistant.

you never say never, but they can get guys they'll probably be plenty happy with where they are now. . . they might have a shot at graham or odrick at #22, and should have their pick between golden tate and jerry hughes. . . demaryius thomas might be gone at #44, but they should have a shot at decker there, or maybe arrelious benn. . . they might use one of those additional 2nds on koa misi, ricky sapp, lamarr houston, tyson alualu, linval joseph, etc. . .

i just don't see them moving up. . .

Nomad
04-22-2010, 11:46 AM
SonoftheSouth's avi didn't last long!:lol:

slim
04-22-2010, 11:46 AM
SonoftheSouth's avi didn't last long!:lol:

I call BS.

dogfish
04-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I call BS.

you should call clay instead-- he says he's lonely. . .

slim
04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
you should call clay instead-- he says he's lonely. . .

I doubt he is lonely.

He always has his socks to keep him company :listen:

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
If you're a player or two away from contending, you trade up...if you need to fill multiple holes, you trade back.

Draft law

dogfish
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
If you're a player or two away from contending, you trade up...if you need to fill multiple holes, you trade back.

Draft law

or, if you're draft masters like the colts (and sometimes new england), you trade back and still get a bigtime impact player, like bob sanders or jerrod mayo. . . we need to do some of that this year. . .

MNPatsFan
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
The Pats have the 22'nd pick in the first and then also have two second rounders- #44 and # 47 overall. What if we traded our first round pick at # 11 for their first round pick at # 22 PLUS their second round pick at # 44? According to the draft value chart that would be about equal compensation.

So what do you guys think?? I believe Bill might be induced by the chance at McClain, Spiller, Bryant, et al, and the Broncos could likely get a good OL at #22, then really have fun spinning the wheels and gathering up the talent with three consecutive picks 43, 44, and 45 in the second! Heck we might even be able to get Demaryous Thomas, Javid Best and/or Jacoby Ford, and maybe even Mr. Tebow too!! i kind of like it. Just a thought!Of course you and all other Broncos fans would like that trade, but the Pats and every Pats fan would hate the trade.;) :lol:

Pats have more glaring needs than inside LB that they can address by staying at 22 and picking players to address those needs without reaching for those players. Thus, I don't see the Pats trading up for McClain. I believe the Pats like Mathews more than they like Spiller so don't see them trading up for Spiller either. Everything I am hearing indicates that the Pats probably will be able to draft Bryant, if they want, at 22 without needing to move up, but I don't believe the Pats will select Bryant unless all the other players the Pats really covet are gone. If that is the case, I believe the Pats definitely trade down.:salute:

Lancane
04-22-2010, 12:17 PM

Like most of your posts...:coffee: