PDA

View Full Version : Per MoveTheSticks on Twitter: Broncos likely to trade back

Italianmobstr7
04-21-2010, 10:52 PM
MoveTheSticks aka Daniel Jeremiah is a reliable source. A former NFL scout and still goes on shows such as ESPNNews, First Take and others. Here's some of his tweets tonight.

MoveTheSticks: I've been told that Philly is likely to move up to Denver's spot tomorrow... lots of stuff floating out there right now
about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

MoveTheSticks: I would be shocked if the Broncos ending up selecting at 11... I've had 4-5 different sources say they are bailing out of there

http://twitter.com/movethesticks

Everything else I've seen rumored about this has us trading 11 and our 6th rounder and moving back to 24 and getting the Eagles 24th and 37th picks.

I would absolutely LOVE this move. We'd have picks at 24, 37, 43, and 45. Tons of ammo if we wanted to move into the 1st or move up in front of someone to grab a guy we covet, or try and get 4 impact players. Lots of flexibility here. Really hope this goes down.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 10:56 PM
MoveTheSticks aka Daniel Jeremiah is a reliable source. A former NFL scout and still goes on shows such as ESPNNews, First Take and others. Here's some of his tweets tonight.

MoveTheSticks: I've been told that Philly is likely to move up to Denver's spot tomorrow... lots of stuff floating out there right now

MoveTheSticks: I would be shocked if the Broncos ending up selecting at 11... I've had 4-5 different sources say they are bailing out of there

Everything else I've seen rumored about this has us trading 11 and our 6th rounder and moving back to 24 and getting the Eagles 24th and 37th picks.

I would absolutely LOVE this move. We'd have picks at 24, 37, 43, and 45. Tons of ammo if we wanted to move into the 1st or move up in front of someone to grab a guy we covet, or try and get 4 impact players. Lots of flexibility here. Really hope this goes down.

It's possible...I wouldn't mind it at all... We could still end up with one of our top players: Weatherspoon, Odrick, Pouncey, Tebow or possibly Bryant at that spot. Plus we would be in great condition during the second round. Do it...do it McDaniels...

dogfish
04-21-2010, 11:06 PM
yea, i'd be all over that. . .

if we do it, i'm betting pouncey is the target. . .

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-21-2010, 11:07 PM
This would be great.

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Id be all for it. This team has too many holes and the D continues to get older. Stockpile picks and let the new youth movement begin.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 11:10 PM
This would be great.

That is without saying...a late first and three seconds?

Not including we have the 80th, 114th and the 137th which is a high fifth almost a fourth round pick itself.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-21-2010, 11:15 PM
When you've got that many picks you can move up, down, get proven veterans or even move sideways. You can do whatever the **** you want!

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Whatever happens happens, Josh has been to busy today to take my calls.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

arapaho2
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
i heard josh is trading up between 4-6 so he can take tebow

naah but to me the only way i trade down is if dez is gone .....im not happy having to pick a wr when we had a great one..but i have zero faith anybody on the roster can match his production..and so dez is the only pick out there thats fairly assured to be able to match marshall.

pick dez if there..trade down if not is my guess what wil happen

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 11:35 PM
i heard josh is trading up between 4-6 so he can take tebow

naah but to me the only way i trade down is if dez is gone .....im not happy having to pick a wr when we had a great one..but i have zero faith anybody on the roster can match his production..and so dez is the only pick out there thats fairly assured to be able to match marshall.

pick dez if there..trade down if not is my guess what wil happen Not sure what dream world your living in BUT WR rookies are rarely a world beater in year one.

Almost NO first pick has went on to do much of anything year one. Calvin and Fitz after that you will be hard pressed to find one that did much at all as a rookie.

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Not sure what dream world your living in BUT WR rookies are rarely a world beater in year one.

Almost NO first pick has went on to do much of anything year one. Calvin and Fitz after that you will be hard pressed to find one that did much at all as a rookie.

Randy Moss :coffee:

Fraction Jackson

MArques Colston

Michael Clayton

Anquan Boldin

Andre Johnson had a decent rookie season as did Eddie Royal.

Not to rain on the parade :cool:

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Randy Moss :coffee: OK you just brought the total to 3 in the last 11 years or so. and BTW Moss was 21st pick in 1998. Even then he only had 69 catches that year on a pretty good team IIRC.
Certainly would not have replaced BM and his 100 catch years.

Next!

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
OK you just brought the total to 3 in the last 11 years or so. and BTW Moss was 21st pick in 1998. Even then he only had 69 catches that year on a pretty good team IIRC.

Next!

Funny thing is you mentioned Calvin (47 receptions) and Fitz (58 receptions) yet knock Moss for 69 receptions :confused:

I added a few more WR's (7) because I knew this would be your argument. I am sure I could add more by going to the Keyshawn's of the world.

I could add Greg Jennings, Dewayne Bowe, and more. I just think it is easier to realize the idea that rookie WR's cannot be counted on is a bit more of a fallacy anymore. The NFL is officially a passing league.

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM

Fraction Jackson

MArques Colston

Michael Clayton

Anquan Boldin

which one of these were number one picks?

that is what we are talking about right?

sneakers
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Pick Pouncey!!!

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
which one of these were number one picks?

that is what we are talking about right?

Well if it is about first round WR's and not WR's in general, Moss was a first rounder, Clayton was, Andre Johnson was, Dewayne Bowe was, Lee Evans caught almost 1000 yards worth of footballs as a rookie, Roy Williams was a #1 who caught almost a 1000 yards, Santonio Holmes was a number one with 49 receptions and 824 yards, Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson were first round picks.

Hakeem Nicks didn't due too bad
Percy Harvin had a decent season

Historically:

Jerry Rice
Paul Warfield

Italianmobstr7
04-22-2010, 01:07 AM

Fraction Jackson

MArques Colston

Michael Clayton

Anquan Boldin

Eddie Royal

DeSean Jackson

Percy Harvin

Mike Sims-Walker

Jeremy Maclin

Michael Crabtree had a good year considering he missed a few weeks

Hakeem Nicks was solid for the Giants

Kenny Britt was good for the Titans

Anthony Gonzalez was solid in his rookie year as well.

I'm not saying that any of these guys are phenomenal, but they've all been decent contributors to their team. I'd put Dez up against most if not ALL of them in terms of talent. He's definitely the #1 guy on the board that I want. I don't think we'll get him, but that's who I'd like to see in a Broncos uniform next year.

Ziggy
04-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Moving back to Philly's spot is a high risk high reward move. Pouncey, Spoon, Iupati, Bryant, McClain, Williams, Tebow, and Odrick could all be off the board. The question is, do the Broncos have another player or 2 with a first round grade that might be there. If not, we gain a 2nd round pick, but lose a first round prospect.

A guy like Golden Tate or Rodger Saffold could be there at Philly's spot, and would both fill a need. I guess the deciding factor will be just how deep McD sees this first round. It would be nice to add the Skins 2nd rounder though.

getlynched47
04-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Winner! I'd be stoked.

We would probably miss out on Jared Odrick though :sad:

I get the feeling Pouncey may be gone also. I don't see him slipping past the Steelers and Falcons.

I hope the target wouldn't be Tim freakin Tebow :shocked:

Mr D
04-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Moving back would be ideal - especially if you can acquire another top 2nd round pick. High risk? The whole draft is a risk...picking a player at 11 is riskier than picking a player at 24th...you're paying a substantial amount of more money.

Let's move back... we need to build our gutter.

Before you can make it rain, you gotta build a gutter.

WARHORSE
04-22-2010, 03:34 AM
If we trade down to Philly, then we can get five good players in the top three rounds, with the top four coming with first round grades.

This would be a great move imo.

A first, three seconds, a third, a fourth, a fifth and a sixth.

Thats eight good players we can hopefully bring in to help us out.

At 24, I think we target Iupati, Pouncey, Golden Tate, Dan Williams, Bryant, or a rush LBer.

Nomad
04-22-2010, 06:58 AM
The day is finally here after today no more speculation/guesstimating, just whining, crying, cheering, stunned, content, by McDaniels draft pick!

Iupati (my first rd pick) won't make it to 24 and I agree with Ziggy's post at 24 may be a bit risky plus I believe Jacksonville trades down with them!

Dirk
04-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I can't wait to see how this all unfolds!

The extra picks is a great way to go. Draft for need all over the place and see which players "stick".

broncofaninfla
04-22-2010, 07:22 AM
I'd like it if it happens, lord knows we have a bunch of holes to fill now that we traded talent away. Just seems there are more teams rumored to be trading back than teams rumored to be moving up. It's hard to believe anything I hear or read this time of year.

Dirk
04-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I'd like it if it happens, lord knows we have a bunch of holes to fill now that we traded talent away. Just seems there are more teams rumored to be trading back than teams rumored to be moving up. It's hard to believe anything I hear or read this time of year.

That's what makes it so much fun! :D

Traveler
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I still think Pouncey is off the board with Pittsburgh. We need a center in a bad way. Not sold on any of the others after Pouncey.

Hoping Pouncey does last if we move back in a trade.

Elevation inc
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
yea, i'd be all over that. . .

if we do it, i'm betting pouncey is the target. . .

fudge, hopefully pitt takes him at 18 then.....:lol:

but dont worry if we pick him at 24 i wont explode, if we do it at 11????? oh jesus look out MCD......

man at pick 24 i would say Weatherspoon....

follow that up with arrelious benn, golden tate or damian williams for pick 37, then throw in a OLB like Koa misi and a DE like Houston to finish rd 2, and add tennat or walton in rd 3...take armanti edwards in rd 4.....wow thats downright beautiuful to me......

only downside is we would probally end up trading next years first again for another second this year to select TEbow or Mccoy......:lol:

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I cant see how Pittsburgh could pass on Kyle Wilson or Joe Haden. Most likely one of them will be there at 18 and they need CB help big time. Pouncey should be available at 18...not that he deserves to go that high.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I cant see how Pittsburgh could pass on Kyle Wilson or Joe Haden. Most likely one of them will be there at 18 and they need CB help big time. Pouncey should be available at 18...not that he deserves to go that high.

Plus good O-linemen can be drafted in the mid to later rounds of any draft.

Elevation inc
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Plus good O-linemen can be drafted in the mid to later rounds of any draft.

only real exception is maybe that elite LT teams need....but G/C oh yeah...in fact Tom nalen rd 7......;)

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
only real exception is maybe that elite LT teams need....but G/C oh yeah...in fact Tom nalen rd 7......;)

Yes. ive stated as much here before. Kinda goes without saying.
And DENs needs are not at LT.
But yeah, really good G/Cs can be found all over the mid and late rounds

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Not sure what dream world your living in BUT WR rookies are rarely a world beater in year one.

not sure what corner your hiding in..but we just lost one of the premier wrs in the game...your a total nut job if you remotely believe gaffeny can maintain marshalls production

you mention calvin and fitz...theres also andre j...66 rec..976 yards...or how about r moss's 69 rec 1313 yrd 17 tds as a rookie
.....and that wasnt hard to find

the part your missing is...dez has the skill level of all four of those guys..he is not a developmental player..he will start and make a rookie impact

so we shouldnt take a wr with the same impact , playmaking ability of a moss, or andre or larry...cause lessor wrs take a couple years to pan out?:shocked:

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
OK you just brought the total to 3 in the last 11 years or so. and BTW Moss was 21st pick in 1998. Even then he only had 69 catches that year on a pretty good team IIRC.

Next!

dude!!! moss had 1313 yards and 17 tds....do you even watch football?

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Winner! I'd be stoked.

We would probably miss out on Jared Odrick though :sad:

I get the feeling Pouncey may be gone also. I don't see him slipping past the Steelers and Falcons.

I hope the target wouldn't be Tim freakin Tebow :shocked:

Rest assured my friend it is Tim freakin Tebow. :D

slim
04-22-2010, 11:22 AM

Tebow!!!

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 11:24 AM

You shall be known hence forth as, Tim Freakin Tebow.
I like it.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g189/eahennin/tebowcreation.jpg

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
You shall be known hence forth as, Tim Freakin Tebow.
I like it.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g189/eahennin/tebowcreation.jpg

:rofl:

underrated29
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM

REmember they said people are going to fall this year because the draft is soooo deep. Players you thought would be gone are still there.... If we end up with those picks I see it liek this:

Tebow
cody
benn
OG/DE best available. But you can mark those first 3 down in stone fo sho.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
REmember they said people are going to fall this year because the draft is soooo deep. Players you thought would be gone are still there.... If we end up with those picks I see it liek this:

Tebow
cody
benn
OG/DE best available. But you can mark those first 3 down in stone fo sho.

Do mean our first four picks or do you mean the choices will have with the 11th overall pick?

dogfish
04-22-2010, 11:52 AM
The day is finally here after today no more speculation/guesstimating, just whining, crying, cheering, stunned, content, by McDaniels draft pick!

Iupati (my first rd pick) won't make it to 24 and I agree with Ziggy's post at 24 may be a bit risky plus I believe Jacksonville trades down with them!

fudge, hopefully pitt takes him at 18 then.....:lol:

but dont worry if we pick him at 24 i wont explode, if we do it at 11????? oh jesus look out MCD......

man at pick 24 i would say Weatherspoon....

follow that up with arrelious benn, golden tate or damian williams for pick 37, then throw in a OLB like Koa misi and a DE like Houston to finish rd 2, and add tennat or walton in rd 3...take armanti edwards in rd 4.....wow thats downright beautiuful to me......

only downside is we would probally end up trading next years first again for another second this year to select TEbow or Mccoy......:lol:

enh. . . #24's not out of line for pouncey-- still probably a little high for a center, but hardly disastrous for a guy with blue chip ability and championship experience. . . it's not as easy to find late round studs now that we're not running the ZBS-- socal bringin' up nails is fine, but the league's best center right now, nick mangold, was a first round pick. . . pouncey has the size and temperament to project as that type of player once they clean up his technique, which shouldn't be that tough for a good O-line coach. . .

actually, the thought of pouncey, tate, misi and houston makes me drool a little. . . . grab a RB like hardesty, or another lineman like petrus or john jerry, and call me a happy broncos fan. . . .

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
enh. . . #24's not out of line for pouncey-- still probably a little high for a center, but hardly disastrous for a guy with blue chip ability and championship experience. . . it's not as easy to find late round studs now that we're not running the ZBS-- socal bringin' up nails is fine, but the league's best center right now, nick mangold, was a first round pick. . . pouncey has the size and temperament to project as that type of player once they clean up his technique, which shouldn't be that tough for a good O-line coach. . .

actually, the thought of pouncey, tate, misi and houston makes me drool a little. . . . grab a RB like hardesty, or another lineman like petrus or john jerry, and call me a happy broncos fan. . . .

I could live with that, but i dont think Pouncey is in the mix. I think it Tim Freakin Tebow @ 24, you know, to make a splash and all, and then they go after a C a little later. I could easily see DThomas at #37 too.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
If we do make this trade or one similar, I'm going -

Rnd 1. Tim Tebow - QB - Florida
Rnd 2. Sean Weatherspoon - LB - Missouri (Could happen)
Rnd 2. Vladimir Ducasse - OL - Umass
Rnd 2. Mardy Gilyard - WR - Cincinnati
Rnd 3. Matt Tennant - OC - Boston College
Rnd 4. Aaron Hernandez - TE - Florida
Rnd 5. Marcus Easley - WR - Connecticut

That would be a kickass draft in my opinion...

dogfish
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I could live with that, but i dont think Pouncey is in the mix. I think it Tim Freakin Tebow @ 24, you know, to make a splash and all, and then they go after a C a little later. I could easily see DThomas at #37 too.

i certainly won't be shocked if we take tebow, but i just wonder if mcD hasn't been talking about him a little bit TOO much, ya know?

i know he's not secretive about his targets like shenanigans with his dumbass cloak and dagger crap, but it seems a little strange to go out of your way to just broadcast how much you love a guy you're hoping to take. . . and center is our most immediate need. . .

we'll see. . . should be interesting, and possibly crazy. . .

i still think there's a solid chance we pick twice tonight. . .

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
i certainly won't be shocked if we take tebow, but i just wonder if mcD hasn't been talking about him a little bit TOO much, ya know?

i know he's not secretive about his targets like shenanigans with his dumbass cloak and dagger crap, but it seems a little strange to go out of your way to just broadcast how much you love a guy you're hoping to take. . . and center is our most immediate need. . .

I don't remember if it was this thread or another but I asked if it is possible that all this talk about Tebow is a ruse. If trade back into the first round like you're suggesting I think it then becomes a real possibility that we take Tim Freakin Tebow with one of those first rounders.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't remember if it was this thread or another but I asked if it is possible that all this talk about Tebow is a ruse. If trade back into the first round like you're suggesting I think it then becomes a real possibility that we take Tim Freakin Tebow with one of those first rounders.

Good point...

If that was so, I could see Denver drafting Bryant, and I'm being serious...trading our highest second along with maybe our second next year to secure Tebow...

I would be toasting to McDaniels claiming I was wrong and that he's a genius if he pulled that off...lol. :lol:

underrated29
04-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Do mean our first four picks or do you mean the choices will have with the 11th overall pick?

our first 3 selections.\

i agree dog about over talking up a player. Just like he fooled us all with mclain and bryant...We do like them a lot, but we never intend on taking them unless they fall to us in the 20s....

However, I still think its tebow because we brought him in 2x for a workout. And if my little theory is correct, about us brining in the guys we want to draft- closest to the draft, then tebow would be the guy we trade back up for.....Still think we LOVE cody though. who knows.

We will probably pick 2x tonight like you said.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Good point...

If that was so, I could see Denver drafting Bryant, and I'm being serious...trading our highest second along with maybe our second next year to secure Tebow...

I would be toasting to McDaniels claiming I was wrong and that he's a genius if he pulled that off...lol. :lol:

So Bryant with the first pick and Tebow with second?

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM

Yeah, i guess it could be.
However, i think to make MCDs offense run a lot more efficiently he needs, yes , some O-line help. We all know this.
However, i also think he needs his "Welker/Edelmann".
Tebow could come in, and immediately play slot WR/TE/H-back/QB/you name it, and create all kinds of problems for opposing teams, all the while learning the playbook while Qwinn, yes Qwinn is the full time QB.
i think Orton is traded to a needy QB team for a 5th by day 2.
Tebow is very durable, and he wouldnt be used for a billion plays, and if the game was called right, teams would really have trouble with the other WRs throughout the game.
I just think MCD has all kinds of options for Tim Freakin Tebow.

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
not sure what corner your hiding in..but we just lost one of the premier wrs in the game...your a total nut job if you remotely believe gaffeny can maintain marshalls production

you mention calvin and fitz...theres also andre j...66 rec..976 yards...or how about r moss's 69 rec 1313 yrd 17 tds as a rookie
.....and that wasnt hard to find

the part your missing is...dez has the skill level of all four of those guys..he is not a developmental player..he will start and make a rookie impact

so we shouldnt take a wr with the same impact , playmaking ability of a moss, or andre or larry...cause lessor wrs take a couple years to pan out?:shocked:

For the four or five guys you mentioned there are 5 times that that were thought to have those mad skills and flopped in the NFL.

I for one if I was in charge would never ever waste a#1 pick on a WR regardless of his skill set.

DEN has been burned at least two time in recent history. Not to mention DET, the poster child of picking bad ones but then DEN was not far behind either.

Year spot name number of catches
2003 17 Bryant Johnson WR Penn State 37 catches
1999 8 David Boston WR Ohio State 40
2005 27 Roddy White WR Alabama-Birmingham 29 catches
2004 29 Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State 7 catches
2005 22 Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma 44 catches
2000 10 Travis Taylor WR Florida 28 catches
2004 13 Lee Evans WR Wisconsin 48 catches
1996 24 Eric Moulds WR Mississippi State 20 catches
1997 27 Rae Carruth WR Colorado 44 catches in jail for murder
2001 8 David Terrell WR Michigan 34 catches
1993 7 Curtis Conway WR USC 19 catches
2000 4 Peter Warrick WR Florida State 51
2005 3 Braylon Edwards WR Michigan 32 catches
1994 29 Derrick Alexander WR Michigan 48
1991 12 Alvin Harper WR Tennessee 20
1988 11 Michael Irvin WR Miami (Fla.) 32
2002 19 Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii 35
1998 30 Marcus Nash WR Tennessee 4 total catches fr his career.
2007 2 Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech 48
2005 10 Mike Williams WR USC 28
2004 7 Roy Williams WR Texas 54
2003 2 Charles Rogers WR Michigan State 22
2002 20 Javon Walker WR Florida State 23
1988 7 Sterling Sharpe WR South Carolina 55
2007 32 Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State 37
2001 30 Reggie Wayne WR Miami (Fla.) 27
1996 19 Marvin Harrison WR Syracuse 64

This is just going A through I in the teams.
OK I think that is enough of a sample to show that even HOF players start out extremely slow for the most part and most of the rest are 25 to 33% of the totals that BM has had the past three years.

SO show me how he dez would be an impact player in his first year. the odds of that happening are slim and NONE.

If you want to go in and cherry pick a few players that proves you point fine BUT I will not hold my breath waiting for him to save our franchise like a couple of you seem to hope he will.

WR are some of the worst first game changers as rookies.

Believe what you want after looking at the facts.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
So Bryant with the first pick and Tebow with second?

Yeah, I just don't see some of those teams passing on Bryant, even with other needs they have at that point.

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
For the four or five guys you mentioned there are 5 times that that were thought to have those mad skills and flopped in the NFL.

I for one if I was in charge would never ever waste a#1 pick on a WR regardless of his skill set.

DEN has been burned at least two time in recent history. Not to mention DET, the poster child of picking bad ones but then DEN was not far behind either.

Year spot name number of catches
2003 17 Bryant Johnson WR Penn State 37 catches
1999 8 David Boston WR Ohio State 40
2005 27 Roddy White WR Alabama-Birmingham 29 catches
2004 29 Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State 7 catches
2005 22 Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma 44 catches
2000 10 Travis Taylor WR Florida 28 catches
2004 13 Lee Evans WR Wisconsin 48 catches
1996 24 Eric Moulds WR Mississippi State 20 catches
1997 27 Rae Carruth WR Colorado 44 catches in jail for murder
2001 8 David Terrell WR Michigan 34 catches
1993 7 Curtis Conway WR USC 19 catches
2000 4 Peter Warrick WR Florida State 51
2005 3 Braylon Edwards WR Michigan 32 catches
1994 29 Derrick Alexander WR Michigan 48
1991 12 Alvin Harper WR Tennessee 20
1988 11 Michael Irvin WR Miami (Fla.) 32
2002 19 Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii 35
1998 30 Marcus Nash WR Tennessee 4 total catches fr his career.
2007 2 Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech 48
2005 10 Mike Williams WR USC 28
2004 7 Roy Williams WR Texas 54
2003 2 Charles Rogers WR Michigan State 22
2002 20 Javon Walker WR Florida State 23
1988 7 Sterling Sharpe WR South Carolina 55
2007 32 Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State 37
2001 30 Reggie Wayne WR Miami (Fla.) 27
1996 19 Marvin Harrison WR Syracuse 64

This is just going A through I in the teams.
OK I think that is enough of a sample to show that even HOF players start out extremely slow for the most part and most of the rest are 25 to 33% of the totals that BM has had the past three years.

SO show me how he dez would be an impact player in his first year. the odds of that happening are slim and NONE.

If you want to go in and cherry pick a few players that proves you point fine BUT I will not hold my breath waiting for him to save our franchise like a couple of you seem to hope he will.

WR are some of the worst first game changers as rookies.

Believe what you want after looking at the facts.

and if you wanna watch our team go severely backwards in wr talent and probably offensive production..it was already horrendous with marshall..then so be it

i never said dez was a 100% certain...i said of all the wrs he has the biggest chance of matching marshalls production...i am certain with him on the fioeld he would out preform gaffeny by a big margin

titan
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
evansilva
11:39am, Apr 22 from Seesmic
ESPN's Ed Werder, on site in Dove Valley, seemed to have no hard info (shock), but sorta hinted he doesn't think DEN will get Ro McClain.

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
and if you wanna watch our team go severely backwards in wr talent and probably offensive production..it was already horrendous with marshall..then so be it

i never said dez was a 100% certain...i said of all the wrs he has the biggest chance of matching marshalls production...i am certain with him on the fioeld he would out preform gaffeny by a big margin
I now see that you have a real man crush in DEZ good for you.

BUT as my post factually showed the likely hood of DEZ replacing BM production in year one is remote as hell.

As for going without other Drafted WR there are many more that could come in and give us 30 -50 catches i during the year and BALANCE out the catches with our existing WR's

I do not think that you have to have an elite WR to win football games, and frankly s we have seen over the past few years BM has not won us any Play off games NOR has his production gotten us near an PLAY OFF Game.

Believe what you wish having a balance attack will win more games than relying on IF the super stud will show up for the game or not.

I'll take dominating the LOS on both sides 15 times more than I will believe that super DEZ is going to save our souls.

jlarsiii
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
However, i think to make MCDs offense run a lot more efficiently he needs, yes , some O-line help. We all know this.
Tebow could come in, and immediately play slot WR/TE/H-back/QB/you name it, and create all kinds of problems for opposing teams, all the while learning the playbook while Qwinn, yes Qwinn is the full time QB.
Tebow is very durable, and he wouldnt be used for a billion plays, and if the game was called right, teams would really have trouble with the other WRs throughout the game.

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see where you get the confidence that Tebow can come into the NFL and excel at a number of positions he basically has never played.

Other members are arguing about whether a 1st round WR can come in and be productive or not, and that is with a player who has been playing that position at least in college if not further back. Yet somehow a QB will come in and be able to play multiple positions in an offense, while learning the offense at the same time, while learning how to play a bunch of new and unfamiliar positions, and will then be able to create problems by doing so?

I don't think so. . . .
That is pure fantasy. . .

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM

If McDaniels indeed drafts Tebow I wouldn't be in favor of him being used at multiple positions especially if he's drafted in the first round. If he's early you're drafting him to be hopefully become your franchise quarterback. Lets not have he messing around with other positions he's never played before, I would rather having Tim Freakin Tebow learning to be an NFL level quarterback. Maybe he worked into the wild ass formation (credit to Dogfish for the term) but for the most part I want working on becoming a franchise quarterback.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 02:15 PM

BUT as my post factually showed the likely hood of DEZ replacing BM production in year one is remote as hell.

As for going without other Drafted WR there are many more that could come in and give us 30 -50 catches i during the year and BALANCE out the catches with our existing WR's

I do not think that you have to have an elite WR to win football games, and frankly s we have seen over the past few years BM has not won us any Play off games NOR has his production gotten us near an PLAY OFF Game.

Believe what you wish having a balance attack will win more games than relying on IF the super stud will show up for the game or not.

I'll take dominating the LOS on both sides 15 times more than I will believe that super DEZ is going to save our souls.

I really like Dez Bryant myself, but their are two others in this draft I'm fairly high on, Mardy Gilyard and Marcus Easley, I think those two could be truly dominant receivers at the pro-level. I'm not that high on too many in this receiver class...I think there are more busts waiting to happen in this draft then people want to admit.

IMHO Gilyard in Denver could actually be just as productive as Bryant. Easley reminds me of Marshall in almost every aspect, except he's very raw.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
If McDaniels indeed drafts Tebow I wouldn't be in favor of him being used at multiple positions especially if he's drafted in the first round. If he's early you're drafting him to be hopefully become your franchise quarterback. Lets not have he messing around with other positions he's never played before, I would rather having Tim Freakin Tebow learning to be an NFL level quarterback. Maybe he worked into the wild ass formation (credit to Dogfish for the term) but for the most part I want working on becoming a franchise quarterback.

If we take Tebow he will sit and learn, he may come in on Wildhorse plays, but his main job would be to sit and learn, to adjust to the pace of the pro level and gradually move into that leader role and to be the future of the franchise.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Call me a pessimist, but I don't see where you get the confidence that Tebow can come into the NFL and excel at a number of positions he basically has never played.

Other members are arguing about whether a 1st round WR can come in and be productive or not, and that is with a player who has been playing that position at least in college if not further back. Yet somehow a QB will come in and be able to play multiple positions in an offense, while learning the offense at the same time, while learning how to play a bunch of new and unfamiliar positions, and will then be able to create problems by doing so?

I don't think so. . . .
That is pure fantasy. . .

There are some people ad nauseam that we're following the New England model and how players are required to know more than one position. I've never seen or heard of the New England model using the quarterback for any other position.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 02:43 PM

I am just doing my best to prepare you all for the Tim Freakin Tebow spectacular!

underrated29
04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
I am just doing my best to prepare you all for the Tim Freakin Tebow spectacular!

We are not taking him. Total smoke screen, sorta...we would take him if he was there later in 2........I got to hand it to MFmcd and Xanders. They are really smart and really know what they are doing.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 02:52 PM

If we draft Tim Freakin Tebow I'm not going come unglued. If you really do think that he would be used at multiple positions I just can't say I agree with that. If McDaniels indeed drafts him I think he'll having be immersed learning to play quarterback rather than all those other positions. I can see him possibly being used in the wild ass formation but his primary job will be to learn how to play quarterback.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 03:04 PM
If we draft Tim Freakin Tebow I'm not going come unglued. If you really do think that he would be used at multiple positions I just can't say I agree with that. If McDaniels indeed drafts him I think he'll having be immersed learning to play quarterback rather than all those other positions. I can see him possibly being used in the wild ass formation but his primary job will be to learn how to play quarterback.

Its hours before the draft, i am more or less throwing every scenario out there to,
1. Watch all the other posters freak out.
2. If i hit on one, i can claim i was right all along!
You know, the usual cheesedick, forum trolling.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Its hours before the draft, i am more or less throwing every scenario out there to,
1. Watch all the other posters freak out.
2. If i hit on one, i can claim i was right all along!
You know, the usual cheesedick, forum trolling.

Oh realize part your of game is to yank chains and I have no problem with that because I think you're doing in good fun. Not that it matters.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
I just caught a some of NFLN and Mayock says he thinks Tebow will go late in the first round. He also thinks that he could develop into a starting quarterback but he'll need to sit and learn for a year maybe two.

Don't let your head get over inflated Cane. :tsk: :D

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
I just caught a some of NFLN and Mayock says he thinks Tebow will go late in the first round. He also thinks that he could develop into a starting quarterback but he'll need to sit and learn for a year maybe two.

The man gets a paycheck by repeating the same stuff other talking heads and scouts are saying.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 04:04 PM
The man gets a paycheck by repeating the same stuff other talking heads and scouts are saying.

I haven't heard a lot other talking heads say the same stuff. I happend to trust Mayock's opinion more than others.

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 04:18 PM

wrong i have a man crush on the broncos team...my team....and when your offense is pretty pathetic with a top 3 wr ...hows it gonna look without one?

i dont want dez..i feel we need dez

tell me oh wise one...and i say that loosely.....how close to the playoffs would orton have gotten us without marshall?

Lancane
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM

My head is just fine my toiletbowl spewing friend...:D

:lol:

Lancane
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
I haven't heard a lot other talking heads say the same stuff. I happend to trust Mayock's opinion more than others.

I said it before Mayock, but Mayock also thinks he will be a first round pick like myself whilst others disagree...like Douche McShay and Hairhelmet Kiper.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
My head is just fine my toiletbowl spewing friend...:D

Peasant. :tsk: :lol:

Lancane
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Peasant. :tsk: :lol:

Yes?....

Your Point?...

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes?....

Your Point?...

Just wanted to point out the obvious. :D

Lancane
04-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Just wanted to point out the obvious. :D

Why thank you TX...I'm a peasant and proud of it!

:salute:

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 06:56 PM
wrong i have a man crush on the broncos team...my team....and when your offense is pretty pathetic with a top 3 wr ...hows it gonna look without one?

i dont want dez..i feel we need dez

tell me oh wise one...and i say that loosely.....how close to the playoffs would orton have gotten us without marshall?

cosidering we had no defense the last fewgames I'd guess nocloser no farther.

Rememebr it is a TEAM game.

BM was an eas target for KO to look for We just may have had a better TEAM without him.

WR are not the reason TEAMS win superbowl games IMO. they help but they are not th biggest reasonthey get there.

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM
We are raking in the picks! McD is killing it! Two 3rd rounders from philly! I LOVE it.