PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Live Draft Day Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WARHORSE
04-26-2008, 11:45 AM
May as well post it so we all can come in and comment our cheers or boos.

You must have a beer in yer hand to enter.

Ground rules:

1. No shouting 'I love yous bro' across the room with yer beer up.

2. No complimenting AFC West rival picks.

3. No beer naps or closed eyes approval nodding.

4. Broncos gear only for apparel.

5. No Cheevies or Dolt fans allowed other than our local hounds.:D

6. No Ratturd fans PERIOD.

7. No toasting until the draft is over for the day.

8. No chunk spewing indoors........GO OUTSIDE!

9. No Shanny bashing, unless he picks a no name.

10. Have fun, make sure you have a designated driver.
:beer:

Davii
04-26-2008, 11:46 AM

Ground rules:

2. No complimenting AFC West rival picks.

3. No beer naps or closed eyes approval nodding.

5. No Cheevies or Dolt fans allowed other than our local hounds.:D

6. No Ratturd fans PERIOD.

7. No toasting until the draft is over for the day.

8. No chunk spewing indoors........GO OUTSIDE!

9. No Shanny bashing, unless he picks a no name.

10. Have fun, make sure you have a designated driver.
:beer:

What about Red Bull? Is that allowed?

I'm on duty as of 6 pm EST until 1130 CT tomorrow, so no beer until we're home in New Orleans.

WARHORSE
04-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Oh, and NO KEG HUGGING!!!!!

(HolyD):tsk:;)

And no more than one salute per at least 10 minutes.

(BEEF!):salute:

honz
04-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Uh oh, I don't have a beer in hand...I better go grab one!:beer:

C'mon Shanny! Don't let us down!

Bronco4ever
04-26-2008, 11:57 AM
2 more stinking hours. It's killing me.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 11:57 AM

Now that's just cold :tsk:

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:03 PM
:salute:

OB
04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
2 more stinking hours. It's killing me.

did u get your friend out of jail?

and can we do a collective BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when the patsies get to pick - what 7th :mad: - that aint right - i hate them so much!!!!!!!

WARHORSE
04-26-2008, 12:17 PM
What about Red Bull? Is that allowed?

I'm on duty as of 6 pm EST until 1130 CT tomorrow, so no beer until we're home in New Orleans.

Done.

Anything for one of our heroes.:salute:

WARHORSE
04-26-2008, 12:19 PM

We got 'salute monitor' cameras on you Tned............dont get started on the wrong foot.

lol............:salute:

WARHORSE
04-26-2008, 12:19 PM
did u get your friend out of jail?

and can we do a collective BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when the patsies get to pick - what 7th :mad: - that aint right - i hate them so much!!!!!!!

Those dolts will trade down with some hapless team and get four number ones over the next two years somehow............:tsk:

WARHORSE
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
BTW, if Dorsey falls to the Cheevies at 5, I KNOW they are going one direction: Oline.

Sooooo...............I think we should trade up and get Dorsey.

Number one player in the draft, a beast for years to come.

We would have to. I just cant see us havin to face him twice a year.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 12:24 PM
BTW, if Dorsey falls to the Cheevies at 5, I KNOW they are going one direction: Oline.

Sooooo...............I think we should trade up and get Dorsey.

Number one player in the draft, a beast for years to come.

We would have to. I just cant see us havin to face him twice a year.

Two months ago, King Carl said Dorsey was No. 1 on the board...

But, he'll screw it up...and draft Clady or Albert...

(Please note that I say that the Chiefs drafting Clady at No. 5 is a mistake, whereas the Broncos drafting Clady at No. 12 is good...this is because of who else is on the board...:D)

turftoad
04-26-2008, 12:28 PM
To bad Green Habit isn't here. It was always his job to post every Broncos pick with annalysis of each. He's done it for like the last 5 years.

GH, where the hell are you when we need you.

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
We got 'salute monitor' cameras on you Tned............dont get started on the wrong foot.

lol............:salute:

Roger!

:salute: ;)

yardog
04-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Were is BOSS?

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Those dolts will trade down with some hapless team and get four number ones over the next two years somehow............:tsk:

I was watching the ESPNnews coverage of the AFC West that I taped from earlier and they were talking about SD taking a RB with their one first day pick. I know there logic was that they don't have many holes, but it hardly seems like you would take a RB when you have LT and only one pick in the first 4 or 5 rounds.

Talking about Clady now on NFL Network.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Were is BOSS?

...at the Draft.

claymore
04-26-2008, 12:34 PM

Ground rules:

Thanks for the reminder, I washed my Cutler jersey earlier and forgot to "Fluff dry".......... I would have worn it wet if need be though. :D

I Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

turftoad
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Were is BOSS?

Boss is at the draft.

claymore
04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Were is BOSS?

I think he may be at the draft...............

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
On Clady, they said he was a great physical talent, but made his share of mental mistakes. They said it was likely related to not starting enough and entering college as a defensive player that was switched to offense.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I washed my Cutler jersey earlier and forgot to "Fluff dry".......... I would have worn it wet if need be though. :D

I Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:tsk:

Broncospsycho77
04-26-2008, 12:38 PM
So which thread is going to be the official draft thread?

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
I take it there is another? I hadn't looked. It's been 10 minutes :salute:

turftoad
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
On Clady, they said he was a great physical talent, but made his share of mental mistakes. They said it was likely related to not starting enough and entering college as a defensive player that was switched to offense.

I hope this means we pass on Clady.

Shanny hates mental mistakes. They put you in Shanny's dog house.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Clay...lay off the booze...you're not even going to make it to the second pick.

claymore
04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Clay...lay off the booze...you're not even going to make it to the second pick.Im on a natural high, I just mowed my congo bush lawn in record time! :D

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Man, I hope someone trades up in front of Oakland and takes McFadden. I don't want him in Oak.

BroncoAV06
04-26-2008, 12:44 PM
What a day draft and playoff games, oh my.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Man, I hope someone trades up in front of Oakland and takes McFadden. I don't want him in Oak.

My boss/friend is one of the people coming over to my place, he's a huge Arkansas fan (from there)...he's been pissed off all week about McFadden probably going to the Raiders, because he's a Chiefs fan too.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 12:46 PM
What a day draft and playoff games, oh my.

On NBC :marchmellow:

My friends aren't hockey fans, though, so we'll see how this goes...

jrelway
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
cheers fellas to a good draft. i got this weird feeling shanahans up to no good. may bust out some crazy draft day trades.

claymore
04-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Man, I hope someone trades up in front of Oakland and takes McFadden. I don't want him in Oak.Yeah, this might be my very last day of liking McFadden.

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:51 PM

Broncospsycho77
04-26-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm gonna have to go from wishing him the best to trash talking about his fumble-itis... hopefully he holds out of a contract...

Tned
04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
So, if Baltimore does trade up to 2, which Scheffter is talking about, to grab Matt Ryan, who does Atlanta then pick and what if any domino effect does that have?

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 12:57 PM
So, if Baltimore does trade up to 2, which Scheffter is talking about, to grab Matt Ryan, who does Atlanta then pick and what if any domino effect does that have?

Atlanta takes Glenn Dorsey...but Michael Smith is reporting that St. Louis is taking Chris Long...

claymore
Dolphins | Team acquires Fasano and Ayodele
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:23:39 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have acquired Dallas Cowboys TE Anthony Fasano and LB Akin Ayodele. Draft picks were involved in the trade, but exact details were still being gathered.

Cowboys | Team sends Fasano and Ayodele to Miami
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:22:50 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys have traded Dallas Cowboys TE Anthony Fasano and LB Akin Ayodele to the Miami Dolphins. Draft picks were involved in the trade, but exact details were still being gathered.

Dallas trying to move up?????? Under the newer chart they can get into 4-5th pick with there 2 firsts.

yardog
I think Atlanta takes Dorsey with or without that trade.

Broncospsycho77
04-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Atlanta takes Glenn Dorsey...but Michael Smith is reporting that St. Louis is taking Chris Long...

I heard that taking Long was almost official; they were still looking at trade offers if an enticing one came up.

LawDog
04-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Im on a natural high, I just mowed my congo bush lawn in record time! :D

Not to be lewd, but how does she feel about your "hurry up offense"?

...and since this is draft day, are we only allowed to drink draft beer? I need a ruling on this one.

Broncospsycho77
04-26-2008, 01:00 PM

...and since this is draft day, are we only allowed to drink draft beer? I need a ruling on this one.

:heh:

Tned
04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Ok, going to watch BSG that we taped last night. Will dig the laptop out after a bit and get back on.

Lets go, Mets go....

Ooops, wrong message board. :laugh:

BroncoAV06
04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I thought the Rams were going to take C. Long, they want to move now? Could miss on both then, Dorsey/Long.

claymore
04-26-2008, 01:02 PM

...and since this is draft day, are we only allowed to drink draft beer? I need a ruling on this one.Im drinking Gin and Tonic out of a beer bottle. :cool:

turftoad
04-26-2008, 01:02 PM

Today........... you can drink whatever you want.

Second............. Clays wife is always complaining about his "Hurry up offense". :D

claymore
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Today........... you can drink whatever you want.

Second............. Clays wife is always complaining about his "Hurry up offense". :D
Actually, she is just glad to get it over with now a days!:D

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Im drinking Gin and Tonic out of a beer bottle. :cool:

WTF?

honz
04-26-2008, 01:05 PM
No worries, McFadden won't be as good as people think he is going to be. Go ahead and take him Al!:salute:

OB
04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Is it me or maybe i missed it but they arent talking about the broncos much :sad:

Broncospsycho77
04-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Is it me or maybe i missed it but they arent talking about the broncos much :sad:

They aren't talking about them because they honestly don't know who they're going to pick. Love the drama.

yardog
04-26-2008, 01:10 PM
They never do.

tubby
04-26-2008, 01:14 PM
:defense:

Ziggy
04-26-2008, 01:16 PM
:defense:

Here's to a good draft guys. The way it looks like Dorsey may fall, I'd love to see Shanny climb the ladder for him.

BroncoAV06
04-26-2008, 01:16 PM
And stuff is going on at the top, when it is are time we will hear.

OB
04-26-2008, 01:17 PM
damn - i gotta go to the zoo - cyall l8r

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skinny
04-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I've seen enough of McFadden in the SEC. I don't want to see him at all in the AFC West. He may bust (i doubt it), but he'll look like a HOFer against us till we get our defense squared away.

claymore

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tsk:

Broncospsycho77

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The zoo can wait...

tubby
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
Apr 24, 9:36 pm EDT

The $16 million, $17 million or $18 million (depending on the contract) question that nobody could answer truthfully Thursday at the annual NFL draft luncheon: Which one of you top prospects wants to be a Raider?

Sadly for the once-proud Oakland Raiders, the answer is none of the five yet-to-be signed players in attendance (newly minted Dolphins offensive tackle Jake Long is the exception) at the Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers really wants to join the franchise.

Or as one agent put: “Sure, somebody is going to want to go fourth overall because of the money, but they’re not going to like the prospects once they get there.”

There is no greater indictment of a team than the stricken look that comes upon a player’s face when he realizes he must go to the Raiders, the NFL’s wasteland. Sure, plenty of players, such as safety Gibril Wilson, cornerback DeAngelo Hall, defensive tackle Tommy Kelly and running back Justin Fargas, lined up to take the money. That’s why when the Raiders pick at No. 4 overall on Saturday, some player will manage a smile for the cameras. And if he smiles, he should get an Oscar with his Raiders jersey.

Draftees are probably thinking through scenarios where they can avoid becoming Raiders. Take running back Darren McFadden, who has drawn a lot of interest from the Raiders and the New York Jets, who pick No. 6 overall. The thinking in that camp is if LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey goes No. 2 overall to St. Louis, Atlanta at No. 3 might trade with the Jets at No. 6, giving New York a clear path to him.

Over where Ohio State defensive tackle Vernon Gholston was sitting, his camp was hoping that either he or Virginia defensive end Chris Long would go No. 2 to the Rams. Then Dorsey would go No. 3, McFadden No. 4 and Gholston would end up at No. 5 (to Kansas City) or at No. 6 to the Jets.

Even Long, the son of Hall of Fame Raiders defensive lineman Howie Long, really has no desire to follow in his father’s footsteps. Part of that is the automatic pressure that goes with being a Raider Legacy (boy, is that an odd term these days), but much of it is because even his father knows that the Raiders just aren’t run well anymore.

Or as one person close to Chris Long said mockingly in recent days: “There’s no way you can tell what the Raiders are going to do because not even (owner) Al (Davis) knows what he’s doing.”

Ouch.

About the only player unconcerned with the fate of being No. 4 is Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan. He was asked to give a mock draft for the top six picks. When he got to No. 4 he said with comfort, “You know they’re not taking me,” an obvious reference to the fact that Oakland took quarterback JaMarcus Russell at No. 1 overall last year.

Ryan has the most uncertain Saturday of the lot. There’s talk that he could end up with Atlanta, Kansas City or Baltimore at No. 8. When asked how he’d feel if he took an Aaron Rodgers- or Brady Quinn-type fall in the draft, Ryan took the moment in stride, giving a very professional response.

“Five years ago, if you told me I’ll be a first-round pick, I’d take it and be happy. If you told me a year ago I’ll be a first-round pick, I’ll take it. Anywhere in the first round would be great,” he said. “Hopefully, I’m not sitting too long, but I’ll be excited with whoever takes me. It’s going to be exciting, no question.”

Whoever goes No. 4 to Oakland, it’s hard to believe they’ll feel the same way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-draftraiders042408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LMAO!!

honz
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The zoo? For serious?:confused:

Stargazer
04-26-2008, 01:27 PM
About f'n time! The draft is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:elefant::elefant::elefant:

Bronco4ever
04-26-2008, 01:41 PM
20 more minutes. I'm gonna pass out from excitement before it starts.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 01:41 PM
20 more minutes. I'm gonna pass out from excitement before it starts.

Nope, that's just the hangover :wave:

mclark
04-26-2008, 01:43 PM
By picking up Robertson, we added the kind of flexibility we needed. We can probably draft Stewart now if we want to go that direction.

Bronco4ever
04-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Nope, that's just the hangover :wave:

Could be. I felt pretty sober by the time I went to bed though. I blew a .074.

Ziggy
04-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Bronco jersey on- check!
Cold beer- check!
Wishlist made- check!

Let's get this draft started!

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Could be. I felt pretty sober by the time I went to bed though. I blew a .074.

That normally would not give me a hang over...

Bronco4ever
04-26-2008, 01:46 PM
That normally would not give me a hang over...

Yeah me either. I hardly felt buzzed at the time. Is it bad that I wish I had a fresh 6 pack in front of me right now for the draft?

mclark
04-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Sleeper pick:

Thaddeus Coleman, OT, Mississippi Valley State

14. Thaddeus Coleman, Mississippi Valley State, 6-7, 308, Tackle

Coleman came into his senior year underappreciated, but could be one of the sleeper picks of the 2008 NFL draft. His stock has risen significantly since his pro day and he could be one of the top non-combine invitees to be selected. Though still extremely unpolished as a player, Coleman has the size, particularly his height and long arms, to be an appealing pick. Turned in a strong week at the Texas vs. The Nation all-star game, showing skill as both as a run and pass blocker. Should thrive with NFL coaching. Didn't have a position coach in college, but was still the dominant offensive lineman in the SWAC. His father, Michael Coleman, played with the Washington Redskins and the New Orleans Saints. Very personable and should be a great addition to any NFL locker room. Is definitely a project, but has the ability to play the important left tackle position in the NFL and could prove to be a great investment in the middle-to-late rounds.

frauschieze
04-26-2008, 01:50 PM
:cheers:

T-10 minutes

Hoshdude7
04-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Fixed.

Hoshdude7
04-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Fixed

Nick
04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
4 mins ! And here!!!!! :beer:

Slick
04-26-2008, 01:58 PM
I thought the draft started at 12 EST. I boogied home from diving only to find out no one's made a pick yet.

turftoad
04-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Bronco jersey on- check!
Cold beer- check!
Wishlist made- check!

Let's get this draft started!

Broncosforums- check

claymore
04-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Here we go boys and girls. We deserve a great draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skinny
I thought the draft started at 12 EST. I boogied home from diving only to find out no one's made a pick yet.lol, sorry to hear that dude. I could'nt imagine ...

Nick
Broncosforums- check

Check and double check... Man I thought it would never come!

Davii
04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Looking forward to seeing what the Rams do.

honz
04-26-2008, 02:01 PM
4 mins ! And here!!!!! :beer:
...and then another hour until we actually get to the Broncos selection!:mad:

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Looking forward to seeing what the Rams do.

They will be dumb not to go with the "other" long.

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:04 PM
as you know the first round belongs to the miami dolphins, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol

Do you think the small shirt will fit?

mclark
I agree with McShay: Ghoulston is a pass rusher but not much else. HIs low number of non-sack tackles indicates to me that his value will be as a pass-rusher only -- which is alot. I'd go with Long ahead of Ghoulston.

Slick
lol, sorry to hear that dude. I could'nt imagine ...

I passed up 2 customers for a 1:00PM dive to come home. It was funny. I'm underwater wondering "Who's on the clock?" :lol:

Hoshdude7
04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
OMG! The dolphins picked Jake Long! What a surprise!

claymore
04-26-2008, 02:06 PM
I passed up 2 customers for a 1:00PM dive to come home. It was funny. I'm underwater wondering "Who's on the clock?" :lol:
At least you didnt have to mow the lawn. :D

yardog
At least we didn't have to wait ten min for them to say it.

Nick
I agree with McShay: Ghoulston is a pass rusher but not much else. HIs low number of non-sack tackles indicates to me that his value will be as a pass-rusher only -- which is alot. I'd go with Long ahead of Ghoulston.

OLB in a 3-4, starting to think Jets might consider if he falls. Think he will flourish in that position... playmaker

yardog
04-26-2008, 02:07 PM

I was looking for things to do so time would pass quicker.

Hoshdude7
04-26-2008, 02:08 PM

Ya think that's tough! I just had to dig 800 SQ FT worth of footers!

CoachChaz
Carriker is capable of moving to DE...I think Dorsey would be a smart pick for the Rams. On the other habd...Little isn't getting younger, so...they should benefit either way.

RunYouOver
In terms of timing, it's like we are picking 11th.
4 minutes or so for the Rams to pick...

Should be taking Chris Long

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I was looking for things to do so time would pass quicker.

Me too, I was running all over the place with my kids, getting them changed, changing their butts, my wife thought I was on drugs :laugh:

Slick
04-26-2008, 02:11 PM

No shit. I shouldn't be complaining. They're actually showing the draft on EPSN2 deportes. I'm a happy gringo.

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
NOOOOOO That means dorsey is going to be in our division

Stargazer
04-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Michael Vick no more.

Hobe
04-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I hope Ryan can scramble and is good to his dog. ;)

shank
04-26-2008, 02:21 PM
come on raiders! pick gholston!!!!

claymore
04-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Hopefully Al davis is the one making the call and he screws up and drafts Phelix Jones on accident.

CoachChaz
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
NOOOOOO That means dorsey is going to be in our division

...and McFadden

honz
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Will the Raiders take McFadden? I think so.

broncohead
04-26-2008, 02:23 PM
McFadden or Gholsten will be a Raider. Al Davis can't help himself when he sees that athletism. Probably McFadden IMO.

claymore
The Broncos are growing more interested in Oregon running back Jonathan Stewart with their first-round pick, an NFL source said just before the first round began.

The source said Denver and the Carolina Panthers are among the few teams who favor Stewart, who is coming off toe surgery, over Illinois running back Rashard Mendenhall.

The Panthers, with the No. 13 pick, may take Stewart if the Broncos pass on him a pick earlier, the source said.

Stewart, 5-feet-10 and 235 pounds, rushed for 1,469 yards and 10 touchdowns last fall as a junior for the Ducks.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9066555

Hoshdude7
Plz take Gholston.

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Al Davis normaly goes quick com on D. Jackson Cal :salute:

:laugh:

Do not get dorsey!

Skinny
04-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I love the new ten minute time rule.

Nomad
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Al Davis normaly goes quick com on D. Jackson Cal :salute:

Do not get dorsey!

I know! That'll mean two former LSU players on the Raiders:tsk:!

Nick
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9066555

I would not mind stewart what so ever... He is a very tuff runner. My boy at my work is a duck and I have been telling him all season long he is a stud. 20-25 carrie back, mark my words.

claymore
Here we go. Booo raiders!

BroncoWave
04-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Great, now our division has LT, LJ, and D-Mac. I hope we shore up that run defense.

claymore
04-26-2008, 02:27 PM
fudge

DenverBronkHoes
04-26-2008, 02:28 PM
raiders are going to get good again

honz
I really hope I'm right about McFadden being somewhat bust-tastic...

Hobe
We need a run stuffer!

CoachChaz
04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Great, now our division has LT, LJ, and D-Mac. I hope we shore up that run defense.

So what...we have Travis Henry.

lol

BroncoWave
04-26-2008, 02:30 PM
I really hope I'm right about McFadden being somewhat bust-tastic...

Don't hold your breath. McFadden is the truth.

honz
04-26-2008, 02:30 PM
We need a run stuffer!
Sam Adams?

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:31 PM

The Falcons screwed us McFadden and dorsey on div rivals :mad:

yardog
04-26-2008, 02:31 PM
:tsk:Not funny coach not funny at all.
Sorry Tubby.

BANJOPICKER1
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Negatives: Has very good field vision, but needs to show more patience waiting for his blocks to develop (will out-run his protection, at times)...Strong open-field runner, but needs to develop better ball security and protect the ball closer to his body, as fumble issues posed a big problem in 2007 (15 fumbles, five turnovers, see Chattanooga, Troy, Florida International and Louisiana State games)...Has good inside running skills, but must improve his lower-body strength...Will sometimes get upright in his stance, allowing defenders to clog the rush lanes (see 2007 Chattanooga, Auburn, Mississippi State and Louisiana State games)...Protects the ball well in traffic, but most of his turnovers come on improper ball distribution in the open...Also has a high amount of fumbles fielding the kickoff, as he tends to run before securing the ball...Was hurt in an off-field fight in July, 2006, undergoing surgery to repair a left toe fracture...Has natural hands as a receiver, but needs to improve extending for the pass away from his frame...Sometimes drifts in his routes and needs to show better cutting ability on his breaks.

CoachChaz
We need a run stuffer!

I thought that's why we traded for Robertson...my bad

Thnikkaman

Don't tell me you honestly believe that.

Davii
Damn! The Saints are offering the Chiefs the damn moon for this pick!

RunYouOver
04-26-2008, 02:33 PM
3 minutes or so till the Chiefs pick...I hope they don't trade down.

BroncoWave
Sam Adams?

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/1203/20071203_102441_Sadmas120307_200.jpg

honz
Looks like it's Dorsey to the Chiefs...ut oh!

denbroncofan26
Haha another dumb player prone to making mistakes off the field going to the raiders. In my opinion McFADden is just a FAD of the draft and won't be a great player. He will be decent and by no means a slouch but certainly no adrian peterson or LT or LJ

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Chiefs will not have a DE, look for them to get lawrence in 2nd because they just got dorsey here

Hobe
04-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Sam Adams?

Sam was very good at one time. Unfortunately ol’ Sam was over the hill, or perhaps under the hill by the time he got to Denver.

BroncoWave
04-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Don't tell me you honestly believe that.

I watched him in college and he is one of the best players I have ever seen in college football. There are also several former SEC coaches who say he is the best RB from the SEC since Bo Jackson, and that includes Emmit Smith. You're blind if you think he is going to be a bust.

Buff
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Great news that KC goes defense... I hate that Dorsey and McFadden are in the AFC West... But our chances of scoring Clady look good.

denbroncofan26
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
wow, what a great pick by the chiefs, i wish we could have him

broncohead
04-26-2008, 02:37 PM
No To Clady!!

Nick
Great news that KC goes defense... I hate that Dorsey and McFadden are in the AFC West... But our chances of scoring Clady look good.

Albert might be dropping now!

turftoad
Two of our Div. foes just got stronger. Crap !

Thnikkaman
I watched him in college and he is one of the best players I have ever seen in college football. There are also several former SEC coaches who say he is the best RB from the SEC since Bo Jackson, and that includes Emmit Smith. You're blind if you think he is going to be a bust.

Sorry, there is so much uncertenty with the draft. It surely is entertaining, but unless you have a crystal ball that tells you what McFadden is going to do in the next 5 years, I wouldn't be saying thingls like "McFadden is the Truth".

Hoshdude7
So who wants to go trolling onto the other teams forums after the draft so we can tell them how bad their picks were?

RunYouOver
04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Now comes the pick that usually draws the largest reaction....the Jets 1st rounder

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm so excited for our pick.

I'm worried it's going to be a receiver, but hopefully it's an OT or RB.

Stargazer
04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
So who wants to go trolling onto the other teams forums after the draft so we can tell them how bad their picks were?

Kinda hard when one is Dorsey and the other is McFadden.

BroncoWave
Sorry, there is so much uncertenty with the draft. It surely is entertaining, but unless you have a crystal ball that tells you what McFadden is going to do in the next 5 years, I wouldn't be saying thingls like "McFadden is the Truth".

The guy who coached Herschel Walker at UGA and the guy that coached Bo Jackson at Auburn have both said that D-Mac is in a league with both of them. And I understand that everyone now feels obligated to bash him since he's a Raider now but if he had gone to Denver, yall would already be polishing his bust for Canton.

Hobe
Two of our Div. foes just got stronger. Crap !

Maybe!?! In his declining years ol' Greasy Al has made Pluses into minuses.

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Jets fans are crazy.

nevcraw
04-26-2008, 02:42 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/1203/20071203_102441_Sadmas120307_200.jpg

your Heath Ledger avitar is pretty classless man.. Is that your version of humor?

nj10
Hopefully Robertson steps up and becomes McFadden's kryptonite in the middle of our D-Line.

Nomad
Jets fans are crazy.

And funny! I enjoy watching the Jets fans on draft day!

Hoshdude7
I wish Boss would go smack Al Davis.

BANJOPICKER1
Negatives: Has a thick frame and while not sloppy, he does lack solid muscle tone, but does compensate with outstanding initial quickness and lower body strength...While he explodes off the snap, he has just marginal speed to make plays in long pursuit (best when shooting the inside gaps rather than try to make plays on the outside)...Has a strong lower body, but he needs to improve his base (gets narrow in his stance), as blockers have had success getting underneath his pads to lock on and wash him out of the play (see 2007 Tulane, Kentucky and Tennessee, and 2006 Tulane and Mississippi State games)...Must do a better job of planting his foot and anchoring vs. double teams (has good hand placement, but needs to counter better at times)...Best when taking angles or shooting gaps (gets too caught up in the battle when taking on isolated blockers at the point of attack)...Lack of ideal size might limit him to one-gap schemes...Generates good penetration, but for some reason, he fails to seal the deal on the quarterback (has only seven pressures in 51 games)...Does not display an array of pass rush moves, but shows good burst on the bull rush...Good complimentary type, but by declining postseason all-star invites it leaves one to wonder if he can dominate at the next level or is a player who was covered up by the LSU gang-tackling scheme (Tiger defensive linemen in the past have not lived up to their college billing in the NFL).

BroncoWave
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
your Heath Ledger avitar is pretty classless man.. Is that your version of humor?

Yep. :elefant:

broncohead
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't think that McFadden will be a bust but I don't think that he will be as good as he is hyped up to be.

omac
04-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Wow, KC got lucky there! I think they made the better choice than the Raiders. Dorsey could've really helped Oaklands swiss cheese run defense. McFadden also doesn't look as tough when running inside. Oakland should've chosen Dorsey.

nj10
YES! Stewart still on the board!!!

RunYouOver
Jets knew the Patriots wanted him, took him.

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 02:45 PM
We are getting closer to our pick. I wait anxiously.

Vernon Gholston will be a good player for the Jets.

Bronco4ever
LOL at Jets fans. They make the draft fun.

Thnikkaman
The guy who coached Herschel Walker at UGA and the guy that coached Bo Jackson at Auburn have both said that D-Mac is in a league with both of them. And I understand that everyone now feels obligated to bash him since he's a Raider now but if he had gone to Denver, yall would already be polishing his bust for Canton.

Nope, not at all. I agree that he has good upside, but lets see what he is doing in September.

Retired_Member_001
I don't think that McFadden will be a bust but I don't think that he will be as good as he is hyped up to be.

He will be a bit better than Reggie Bust but not much better.

atwater27
04-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Trade up for Ellis!

claymore
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
We are getting closer to our pick. I wait anxiously.

Vernon Gholston will be a good player for the Jets.
He is nothing without D. Robertson IMO. :coffee:

:D

nj10
Stewart At # 12! Please!!!

broncohead
He will be a bit better than Reggie Bust but not much better.

I agree. Bush is explosive just like McFadden but I think that McFadden will be a better runner but not much. Bush can do a little of everything.

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Jets knew the Patriots wanted him, took him.

Would have been ideal for either team at OLB

nevcraw
04-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Need the Pats and Ravens to pass on Albert.

yardog
04-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Here is our chance for Ellis.

Nick
04-26-2008, 02:50 PM
He is nothing without D. Robertson IMO. :coffee:

:D

D. Robertson was not an ideal NT, they drafted him when where at a 4-3. They picked up a solid NT AND think he will play OLB

CoachChaz
McFadden can cactch the ball too, but what he lacks is escapability. He has great straight line speed, but wiggle? That he lacks

nj10
It seems unfair...traded into this pick or not...It should also be taken away from the Pats. They took away #31 and let them keep #7. Wow. I'm sure they're heartbroken.

Nick
McFadden can cactch the ball too, but what he lacks is escapability. He has great straight line speed, but wiggle? That he lacks

McFadden is going to be crushed by DJ! :elefant:

broncohead
04-26-2008, 02:51 PM

I would still trade up for him even though we have Robertson.

Nick
Saints (From NE) ellis DT USC

Retired_Member_001

Why?

Marcus Thomas is a good prospect and Dewayne Robertson can be good if he remains healthy.

Why give up picks when we need more.

atwater27
Wonder what the Pats got...

nevcraw
Ellis to Saints?

RunYouOver
04-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I think Pats will take a corner now...

nj10
OK...Pats traded out. Now what did they get for it?

atwater27
Why?

Marcus Thomas is a good prospect and Dewayne Robertson can be good if he remains healthy.

Why give up picks when we need more.

Ellis has this weird substance called cartilage in his knees.

Retired_Member_001
Saints should take Mendenhall or Stewart.

Jokes.

nj10
04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Ellis gone!

atwater27
Poop on a stick...

Bronco4ever
Ellis is gone-dee. Balls!

honz
Bye, bye Sedrick...

Retired_Member_001
Well we definitely aren't going DT in the 1st then.

atwater27
oops.

BANJOPICKER1
Sadness!:rolleyes:

Hobe
04-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Saints should take Mendenhall or Stewart.

Jokes.

Glad they didn't!:beer:

nevcraw
Least it wasn't to another AFC west team..

claymore
Jags trade up..................

nevcraw
Jacksonville..DE?

nj10
04-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Jax traded up...Good. They won't go RB!

Nick
Jags are trading UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
What?

What is the cost...

holllllllllllllllly smokes!

Retired_Member_001
Hey lex.

You said it would be hard to trade down. Two teams have traded down already.

Bronco4ever
You can see Denver on the screen now. My heart is pounding.

Nick
McKelvin?

Or

Another one of three CB busts? j/k

Wow they might have thought ellis was going to be there and gbot their deal done to early hahaha

honz
04-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Jags trade up..................
Interesting...Ravens going for QB late in the first is what the experts are saying. I wonder what Jacksonville wants?

Davii
04-26-2008, 02:56 PM

Nah. I'm not a Patriots fan. Thanks for the offer though.

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 02:57 PM
You can see Denver on the screen now. My heart is pounding.

Whenever I see our logo, my heart fills with passion.

For the sake of a proud winning franchise, please don't go Desean Jackson Shanny.

Hoshdude7
Nah. I'm not a Patriots fan. Thanks for the offer though.

Just so ya know my post was a joke. :elefant:

Just like all of my other posts...

CoachChaz
Notice they have Dallas listed in NE's spot

BroncoWave
Interesting...Ravens going for QB late in the first is what the experts are saying. I wonder what Jacksonville wants?

Derrick Harvey from UF probably.

CoachChaz

Derrick Harvey

claymore
04-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I bet the pats take Stewart. :mad:

Bronco4ever
Whenever I see our logo, my heart fills with passion.

For the sake of a proud winning franchise, please don't go Desean Jackson Shanny.

Amen to that.

Hoshdude7

I will beat my Mom if that happens.

Bronco4ever
04-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Notice they have Dallas listed in NE's spot

I saw that too. They fixed it right away.

MOtorboat
Hey lex.

You said it would be hard to trade down. Two teams have traded down already.

It depends on who people want Wook...I've said it all along that I think it will be hard to trade No. 12...

Retired_Member_001

If so, I'd hate the Pats more than the Chargers.

I think it would be stupid if they went offense in the draft, they need defensive players.

nevcraw
1. Jags - DE?
2. Cinci - ?
3. Pats - MCcorner or rivers?
4. Broncos - Albert or RB

honz
Frickin Patriots will still get their CB and they get a 3rd round pick to boot...I hate them.

BroncoWave

I hope they do. Then Shanny won't be able to make that mistake.

Nick
DE Harvey sounds very very plausible

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
It depends on who people want Wook...I've said it all along that I think it will be hard to trade No. 12...

I' m just saying. The guy keeps ridiculing people who say "Let's trade down". He says it's very hard for teams to trade down. I'm just saying two have already been taken.

MOtorboat
04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
DE Harvey sounds very very plausible

It's gotta be...what's taking so long?

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I hope the Bengals take Desean Jackson. Then Shanahan can't take him.

nj10
OK. fine with me

Retired_Member_001
Jags trying to make Peytato head's life even harder.

honz
04-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Shanahan's not that stupid, is he?:eek:

Nick
Looks for Cincy to get their top corner.. Is it Jenkins or McKelvin?

shank
uh oh, this is looking like clady

claymore
Well Ryan and Harvey arent top ten IMO, so more talent for us.............

nevcraw
1. Jags - DE
2. Cinci - ?
3. Pats - MCcorner or rivers?

CoachChaz
04-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Bengals should take Rivers, NE takes Cromartie, BUF takes WR

Retired_Member_001
Shanahan's not that stupid, is he?:eek:

The man took Willie Middlebrooks and George Foster in the first round.

He is THAT stupid.

nj10

If they were smart they'd go WR and give CJ what he wants. But it looks like they're going LB.

Nick
Keith Rivers to Cincy... Come on pats do not take Albert!

claymore

He is THAT stupid.
Thats in the past you SOB. :D

honz
04-26-2008, 03:04 PM

He is THAT stupid.
You win.:salute:

broncohead
04-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Clady = Foster

nj10
04-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Their picking Rivers...Now hurry the hell up and pick him.

atwater27
04-26-2008, 03:06 PM

He is THAT stupid.

Pipe down with the Shanahating.

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Thats in the past you SOB. :D

So what?

Untill we get a couple more good drafts from Shanny we can't say he is not stupid.

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 03:07 PM
They will go Keith Rivers.

LRtagger
Clady is falling right to us...this sucks

I hope we select Albert if we go Oline

topscribe
So what?

Untill we get a couple more good drafts from Shanny we can't say he is not stupid.

Wook, he could have ten more good drafts, and I believe you'd still think he's stupid. :coffee:

-----

Retired_Member_001
04-26-2008, 03:08 PM
We are getting close to our pick.

It's exciting.

I told you the Bungholes would take Keith Rivers.

Nick
Wow, Jags swaped ones, and Baltimore just got both 3rds and fourth in a very deep draft. Ravens have been GREAT at a lot of drafts.

This could help them boost them over the hump.

nevcraw
3. Pats - ?????????? Corner or Albert

Retired_Member_001
Wook, he could have ten more good drafts, and I believe you'd still think he's stupid. :coffee:

-----

If he has ten more good drafts, drafts that make us Super Bowl Champions, I will call him a legend.

Stargazer
Denver can easily trad down a few spots with the way the draft is going if they want an OT/RB in the 1st.

nj10
04-26-2008, 03:09 PM
We are getting close to our pick.

It's exciting.

I told you the Bungholes would take Keith Rivers.

Yeah...and I said it 3 posts before you did...and Nick 3 posts before me.

Nature Boy
04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
With the 12th pick the Denver Broncos draft Jerod Mayo of Tennessee.

or

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

broncohead
04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Denver can easily trad down a few spots with the way the draft is going if they want an OT/RB in the 1st.

I wouldn't go past 15. Hopefully we could grab a 3rd or 2nd rd. pick

claymore
04-26-2008, 03:11 PM

or

I would cry.

SmilinAssasSin27
I hope it's Mayo or Phillips.

BroncoWave

or

No, and HELL no!

Retired_Member_001

or

If that were to happen, I would throw up violently over my new laptop.

RunYouOver
04-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I want to trade down with Detroit...we'd probably get a 4th and still get one of the 3 O-Lineman

TimBuff10
Well if they don't dig up another pothead from the Gators, it is looking like either Mendenhall, Clady, or Albert.

Hobe
Mayot has his shit together.