PDA

View Full Version : Denver could be forced to take Tebow at the 11th spot.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
In the wake of Ben Roethlisberger's suspension quarterbacks such as Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy are almost guaranteed to see their draft day stock rise. Even Jimmy Clausen's stock is stabalizing from this. Pittsburgh is considering trade offers for Roethlisberger, there have been discussions with the Rams, hoping to get Sam Bradford with the first overall pick in the draft. At this time it seems unlikely, and if Pittsburgh can not trade up into the top eight they might not have a chance at Notre Dame product Jimmy Clausen who is being tied to Seattle, San Francisco and Buffalo. Barring a trade, Pittsburgh could be interested in Tebow at the 18th overall pick, his moral standpoint could booster the soured image that now taints the Steeler's organization and one they are trying to clean up. San Francisco may even try and nab Tebow if they miss out on Clausen with one of their two first round picks, and many sources believe that Jacksonville will try and trade down to nab Tebow...what does it all mean?

Simply put, Denver if they are really sold on Tim Tebow as the future of their organization, McDaniels and Xanders may have to forgo a trade and simply take him with the 11th overall pick. Chances are high that all four quarterbacks will not even sniff the second round.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Lan.. now you are just dreaming for the sake of dreaming. I hope you ahven't bought your Tebow jersey yet, because I'm already sad for you after watching this crush you have grow and grow as we get closer. You are hoping so much that we get Tebow, that you are making scenarios up in your head....... we need to find CLay, so that someone can give you a hug.

CoachChaz
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Lan.. now you are just dreaming for the sake of dreaming. I hope you ahven't bought your Tebow jersey yet, because I'm already sad for you after watching this crush you have grow and grow as we get closer. You are hoping so much that we get Tebow, that you are making scenarios up in your head....... we need to find CLay, so that someone can give you a hug.

I think I'd rather have Tebow than have a hug from Clay

DenBronx
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
i'm very high on tebow but picking him in the first or even at 11 makes no sense. you only pick a qb in round 1 if he is ready to contribute now and tebow still needs work.

PASS. at least anywhere in the 1st. go mcclain or bryant with this pick and see who is there at pick 43 or 45. tebow will not go before colt mccoy...he just won't. people are seriously overating him.

Northman
04-21-2010, 02:10 PM
No.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Hahaha... nope not even close, it's a scenario that is quite possible. And I still have Denver taking Bryant at the 11th overall spot. The two players I want Denver to draft in round one are either Jared Odrick or Maurkice Pouncey. So you're way off Rav...

:lol:

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
These boards would absolutely EXPLODE if Tebow was picked at 11. If you thought McD was getting hammered now..... the national media would come crashing down as well as every fan from the AFC west would be jumping on the board to throw laughter. Bronco fans across the US would have to hide their faces in shame and embarrassment. Buy your stock in tomatoes if that happens, for they will come raining down..77,000 strong on opening game. It would be from that point forward known as... "Tomato Sunday." Disturbing images of kids running from the stadium.. soaked in red slime as they try to wipe the dripping goo from their faces.... players slipping on the field as their white pants are soaked in red, blood-like, stains. Its an image few can stomach

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Hahaha... nope not even close, it's a scenario that is quite possible. And I still have Denver taking Bryant at the 11th overall spot. The two players I want Denver to draft in round one are either Jared Odrick or Maurkice Pouncey. So you're way off Rav...

Yeah, Canes has been high on Odrick for a month now.

Mike
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
This would push me a little closer to Clay's camp.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
These boards would absolutely EXPLODE if Tebow was picked at 11. If you thought McD was getting hammered now..... the national media would come crashing down as well as every fan from the AFC west would be jumping on the board to throw laughter. Bronco fans across the US would have to hide their faces in shame and embarrassment. Buy your stock in tomatoes if that happens, for they will come raining down..77,000 strong on opening game. It would be from that point forward known as... "Tomato Sunday." Disturbing images of kids running from the stadium.. soaked in red slime as they try to wipe the dripping goo from their faces.... players slipping on the field as their white pants are soaked in red, blood-like, stains. Its an image few can stomach

Holy shit...that would be funny.

But I don't think you realize that over half the fandom would be sold after the initial shock, the fans want a 'Franchise Quarterback' and you could bet money that eventually he would be welcomed far more then you want to admit. A lot of people were just as down on the Elway trade, some of the headlines were hilarious...'What can wonderboy do for the Broncos that Kubiak can not' and yadda, yadda, yadda...

BroncoBJ
04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
:lol: If that happened the servers on this site would crash.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
a franchise QB in this league, means one that can pass the ball, and pass it WELL. That is something Tebow can NOT do. I don't think you realize just how much that pick would make people yank out their hair

BroncoBJ
04-21-2010, 02:22 PM

:lol: That is true. I'd probably be scared to show my face if thats who we picked at #11. I'd be getting phone calls off the wall. Which I get every time McDaniels trades someone anyways. :fight: Almost everyone I know laughs at me and my team and my coach. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if we drafted Tebow :lol:

Lancane
04-21-2010, 02:23 PM

Actually I've been high on Odrick since late February when I saw a load of game film on the kid. He would be a monster IMHO as a defensive end in the 3-4 defense...

But I don't base the drafts off what I want, who I want and what have you.

And by the way, I'll let you all in on a little secret, Oakland and Jacksonville are both heavily consedering McClain with their first picks.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM

Sometimes I've gotten the impression Cane's just been . . . high . . .

-----

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
a franchise QB in this league, means one that can pass the ball, and pass it WELL. That is something Tebow can NOT do. I don't think you realize just how much that pick would make people yank out their hair
It would be worth it, just seeing you go ballistic. :salute:

Northman
04-21-2010, 02:26 PM

If we take any QB in the first 2 rounds im going to put on my Rav costume and inflict a serious beatdown on McD.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:27 PM

yeah... that would happen alright. That alone would make me go bald and absolutely cringe everytime I watched our team..... shaking my head in sorry, disgust, and shame.

Wondering just how much Shanahan would be LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF :lol:

topscribe
04-21-2010, 02:28 PM

That could spell disaster. Ravage ballistic, me apoplectic.

I mean, we're often at each other's throats enough as it is . . . :shocked:

-----

Northman
04-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Actually I've been high on Odrick since late February when I saw a load of game film on the kid. He would be a monster IMHO as a defensive end in the 3-4 defense...

But I don't base the drafts off what I want, who I want and what have you.

And by the way, I'll let you all in on a little secret, Oakland and Jacksonville are both heavily consedering McClain with their first picks.

Please tell me Oakland isnt growing a brain all of a sudden?

Ziggy
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Screw it. Take Tebow at 11 and let all of the people walking the line go over to the dark side with Clay. It'll be that much sweeter when the Broncos win the division.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
If we take any QB in the first 2 rounds im going to put on my Rav costume and inflict a serious beatdown on McD.

I'm not opposed to taking a QB in the Second..... I don't have ANY confidence with a single QB we have on the roster. So at least that would give me hope. But Tebow at 11, would be considered the largest OVER REACH of the century.

I guess the good news is if that happened..... you guys would probably see the break you have been wanting.

Northman
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Screw it. Take Tebow at 11 and let all of the people walking the line go over to the dark side with Clay. It'll be that much sweeter when the Broncos win the division.

Not with Tebow unfortuantely.

Northman
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm not opposed to taking a QB in the Second..... I don't have ANY confidence with a single QB we have on the roster. So at least that would give me hope. But Tebow at 11, would be considered the largest OVER REACH of the century.

I guess the good news is if that happened..... you guys would probably see the break you have been wanting.

I wouldnt want any unless it was the later rounds. I want to worry about the other things first so that IF our current QB's fail there are no excuses as too why. Not to mention it would go a long way to helping our running game and our defense against the running game.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
:lol: That is true. I'd probably be scared to show my face if thats who we picked at #11. I'd be getting phone calls off the wall. Which I get every time McDaniels trades someone anyways. :fight: Almost everyone I know laughs at me and my team and my coach. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if we drafted Tebow :lol:

Yeah, just like most of us wanted to after trading a first round pick for a second rounder and taking Alphonso Smith instead of Ray Maualuga...

underrated29
04-21-2010, 02:36 PM
hahaha I would laugh myself to death...

Our big board I bet is more like

graham
pounce
bryant
tebow
benn
cody
spoon

Just watch and see. We will not sniff mclain or bryant either because they are gone or because we trade down for our top target.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Sometimes I've gotten the impression Cane's just been . . . high . . .

-----

Nope I never inhaled! - Hey, it worked for Clinton's ass! :laugh:

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Nope I never inhaled! - Hey, it worked for Clinton's ass! :laugh:

Clinton's ass never inhaled?

BroncoBJ
04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah, just like most of us wanted to after trading a first round pick for a second rounder and taking Alphonso Smith instead of Ray Maualuga...

Pretty much. I remember being all excited that we traded up and I really thought we were gonna get Maualuga. Then was like .. :confused:

Then when I found out we gave up a 1st straight up I was even more stunned. I'm just enjoying the ride. We'll see how it ends up in a few years. :elefant:

Northman
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Pretty much. I remember being all excited that we traded up and I really thought we were gonna get Maualuga. Then was like .. :confused:

Then when I found out we gave up a 1st straight up I was even more stunned. I'm just enjoying the ride. We'll see how it ends up in a few years. :elefant:

Ugh. Dont remind me.

claymore
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM

By the time we field a team good enough to win the division I will be well over McDaniels. :laugh:

Ziggy
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
By the time we field a team good enough to win the division I will be well over McDaniels. :laugh:

Walk toward the light Clay!

claymore
04-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Walk toward the light Clay!

Im a loyal guy. McD needs to prove something to me before I am loyal to him.

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
If we took Tim Tebow at #11, or anywhere before the third round, I will seriously question McDaniels, and expect to win a playoff game this year, or desperately want him out.

GEM
04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
You shut your dirty mouth Lancane!!!

:laugh:

T.K.O.
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM

that gives you about 10 months .....so get started !:D:beer:

Broncolingus
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
You shut your dirty mouth Lancane!!!

Got your back, sister...

cLiGZHrfs5w

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I hate to say it, but i could actually see this happening, and if not with DEN, then with another team in the high teens. I could also easily see a team move up to get Tebow after the #11th spot.
The crackdown on players is causing teams to reavaluate players from a personal standpoint.
And no, i dont think Tebow is worth the #11th spot. Jeez, thats high!

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll bite....

If we draft Tebow, who gets cut?

Denver isn't keeping 4 QB's on their roster. I would say Brady Quinn would be cut, because Orton isn't going to be replaced for this season, Tebow obviously wouldn't get cut, and I think McD kind of likes Brandstater and sees him as a possible intriguing future enigma.

Northman
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Brandstater will get cut.

CoachChaz
04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
If we draft Tebow, why the hell would we keep another "prospect" on the roster? Brandy is history if Tebow comes to town

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
I hate to say it, but i could actually see this happening, and if not with DEN, then with another team in the high teens. I could also easily see a team move up to get Tebow after the #11th spot.
The crackdown on players is causing teams to reavaluate players from a personal standpoint.
And no, i dont think Tebow is worth the #11th spot. Jeez, thats high!

I just saw a mock that has Tebow going in the lower end of the first round.

slim
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
I hope you're right, Lan.

It would be a great day in Broncos history!

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Brandstater will get cut.

He would be my first guess. I also think Quinn is possibility as well.

BroncoBJ
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I'll bite....

Denver isn't keeping 4 QB's on their roster. I would say Brady Quinn would be cut, because Orton isn't going to be replaced for this season, Tebow obviously wouldn't get cut, and I think McD kind of likes Brandstater and sees him as a possible intriguing future enigma.

Just like everyone else said. Brandy would probably get cut or maybe just go to the practice squad for now. But I doubt we would trade 2 6th rounders and Hillis for a guy we decide to cut.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I'll bite....

No way. Nothing is invested in Brandstater. He didn't have a chance to make it on the field. If McD was high on him at all, he would be the back-up QB this year and wouldn't either keep Orton, or trade for Quinn.

McD said he specifically traded with Chicago over other teams because of Orton. He said that he tried to get Quinn last year (meaning before Orton).... so he has 'stake' in both those QBs. Brandstater was a nothing pick and wouldn't get picked up from the practice squad (even if he did, no loss).

slim
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
No way. Nothing is invested in Brandstater. He didn't have a chance to make it on the field. If McD was high on him at all, he would be the back-up QB this year and wouldn't either keep Orton, or trade for Quinn.

McD said he specifically traded with Chicago over other teams because of Orton. He said that he tried to get Quinn last year (meaning before Orton).... so he has 'stake' in both those QBs. Brandstater was a nothing pick and wouldn't get picked up from the practice squad (even if he did, no loss).

They have no more invested in Quinn than they do in Brandy. Well, not much more.

Timmy!
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
If we take Tebow at 11 put me on suicide watch, and I'll be Clay's favorite poster.

slim
04-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Tebow or bust!

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
They have no more invested in Quinn than they do in Brandy. Well, not much more.

If Quinn were to become the starter then the pick that the Browns get next year wouldn't be 6th but 4th rounder IIRC.

Elevation inc
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM

whats sad is rey wasnt nearly as good as people think...i wouldnt call his rookie year a big success at all....

combine that with his recent drunken driving charge means he already is in the conduct policy limelight...awsome 1st year he had.....

smith sucked, but really its not like maualuga was a great pick....he looked like a nate webster clone last year for christs sake...

slim
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
If Quinn were to become the starter then the pick that the Browns get next year wouldn't be 6th but 4th rounder IIRC.

Well, I am making the assumption that he will be a back up next year.

If he is a starter, that would certainly change the equation.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 04:21 PM

You are talking picks. McD has said that he was trying to get Quinn last year... meaning he was the guy he wanted. McD specifically went out and traded for Quinn. This is a McD guy that he went AFTER to get... 2 seasons in a row. He's not just going to turn around and cut him.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
whats sad is rey wasnt nearly as good as people think...i wouldnt call his rookie year a big success at all....

combine that with his recent drunken driving charge means he already is in the conduct policy limelight...awsome 1st year he had.....

smith sucked, but really its not like maualuga was a great pick....he looked like a nate webster clone last year for christs sake...

We'll have to disagree on that. Rey would have been a much better pick for us, ... and I think you are exaggerating the severity of the drunken driving charge.

Elevation inc
04-21-2010, 04:26 PM
We'll have to disagree on that. Rey would have been a much better pick for us, ... and I think you are exaggerating the severity of the drunken driving charge.

for this team???? NO!!! MCD would trade him, then you all would complain its MCD fault:lol:.....he doesnt like character issues and drunken driving is plain and simple....

rey didnt fit us at all he would not have beat out Andra davis...he may have helped a little in rotation (as andra started failing)...during the 2-8 stretch, which phonz didnt.....but we would have wasted a pick on him just like taking orakpo over moreno....

neither player was a good fit here at all period!!!

slim
04-21-2010, 04:27 PM
You are talking picks. McD has said that he was trying to get Quinn last year... meaning he was the guy he wanted. McD specifically went out and traded for Quinn. This is a McD guy that he went AFTER to get... 2 seasons in a row. He's not just going to turn around and cut him.

Yeah, you are probably right.

But they are going to bring 4 QBs to camp (at least). It is not that unlikely that Quinn gets out played by the other 3...I mean, it is certainly possible.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
for this team???? NO!!! MCD would trade him, then you all would complain its MCD fault:lol:.....he doesnt like character issues and drunken driving is plain and simple....

rey didnt fit us at all he would not have beat out Andra davis...he may have helped a little in rotation (as andra started failing)...during the 2-8 stretch, which phonz didnt.....but we would have wasted a pick on him just like taking orakpo over moreno....

neither player was a good fit here at all period!!!

Yes for t his team. I'm going to try and not rant about you calling a person that has a DUI a 'character' issue, because I may just explode through the screen. I don't even drink, and I absolutely hate drinking and driving. But because someone has a DUI does NOT make them a bad person, and its RIDICULOUS to insinuate in the least that this somehow makes them the TINIEST bit of a "character issue."

But I'll save that for another day.

I'll just stand by the opinion that Rey was the right pick, and alfonzo was absolutely not.

Elevation inc
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes for t his team. I'm going to try and not rant about you calling a person that has a DUI a 'character' issue, because I may just explode through the screen. I don't even drink, and I absolutely hate drinking and driving. But because someone has a DUI does NOT make them a bad person, and its RIDICULOUS to insinuate in the least that this somehow makes them the TINIEST bit of a "character issue."

wow bud slow your roll....first of all i was making a crack about MCD trading him as a character risk if he was here,.....jesus...your wound tight:tsk::D....with regards to him and his DUI it was stupid and it cast a bad light period....it puts you in the bad conduct policy limelight...its a risk now period....smith didnt get a DUI.....just saying....though he did suck on the field:lol:

But I'll save that for another day.

I'll just stand by the opinion that Rey was the right pick, and alfonzo was absolutely not.

and i stand by the opinion its to early to judge smith, but he does have some stuff to prove this year for sure...so i wont go there, but rey was absolutely not a good pick for this team at all.....poor fit....we tried nate webster once already...dont see the need to go that route again....just saying:D

i would have taken ron brace, jairus byrd or darius butler far before even considering rey......he didnt belong in denver period...neither did orakpo.....who will fail in the 3-4 next year....

weazel
04-21-2010, 04:46 PM
stop the madness

Overtime
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
in the wake of ben roethlisberger's suspension quarterbacks such as tim tebow and colt mccoy are almost guaranteed to see their draft day stock rise. Even jimmy clausen's stock is stabalizing from this. Pittsburgh is considering trade offers for roethlisberger, there have been discussions with the rams, hoping to get sam bradford with the first overall pick in the draft. At this time it seems unlikely, and if pittsburgh can not trade up into the top eight they might not have a chance at notre dame product jimmy clausen who is being tied to seattle, san francisco and buffalo. Barring a trade, pittsburgh could be interested in tebow at the 18th overall pick, his moral standpoint could booster the soured image that now taints the steeler's organization and one they are trying to clean up. San francisco may even try and nab tebow if they miss out on clausen with one of their two first round picks, and many sources believe that jacksonville will try and trade down to nab tebow...what does it all mean?

Simply put, denver if they are really sold on tim tebow as the future of their organization, mcdaniels and xanders may have to forgo a trade and simply take him with the 11th overall pick. Chances are high that all four quarterbacks will not even sniff the second round.

tebow is not coming to denver as a qb or any other position so get that out of your head

Lancane
04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
tebow is not coming to denver as a qb or any other position so get that out of your head

Yes Mother...glad to know we have a mother like you and that only what you think is what shall be.

:rolleyes:

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM

Right now I wouldn't bet against it.

slim
04-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Tebow would be a great pick.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 05:16 PM
In the wake of Ben Roethlisberger's suspension quarterbacks such as Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy are almost guaranteed to see their draft day stock rise. Even Jimmy Clausen's stock is stabalizing from this. Pittsburgh is considering trade offers for Roethlisberger, there have been discussions with the Rams, hoping to get Sam Bradford with the first overall pick in the draft. At this time it seems unlikely, and if Pittsburgh can not trade up into the top eight they might not have a chance at Notre Dame product Jimmy Clausen who is being tied to Seattle, San Francisco and Buffalo. Barring a trade, Pittsburgh could be interested in Tebow at the 18th overall pick, his moral standpoint could booster the soured image that now taints the Steeler's organization and one they are trying to clean up. San Francisco may even try and nab Tebow if they miss out on Clausen with one of their two first round picks, and many sources believe that Jacksonville will try and trade down to nab Tebow...what does it all mean?

Simply put, Denver if they are really sold on Tim Tebow as the future of their organization, McDaniels and Xanders may have to forgo a trade and simply take him with the 11th overall pick. Chances are high that all four quarterbacks will not even sniff the second round.

Not going to happen. Right now, the question is whether Tebow will remain in
the first round at all. If Jacksonville beats Denver to McClain, I expect Denver
to take Derrick Morgan. Either McClain or Morgan will be a Denver Bronco a
few hours in about a day from now, IMO . . .

P.S. Assuming, of course, the Broncos don't move down.

-----

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Yes Mother...glad to know we have a mother like you and that only what you think is what shall be.

:rolleyes:

You're right, he's wrong so saith the TXBRONC. :D

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Tebow would be a great pick.

What round do you think he would be a great pick?

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree that if Tebow gets drafted, Brandy would get cut.

Next year, I think we can get a look at that Jake Locker, try to move up to draft him, and then we could cut Tebow.

Outstanding.

slim
04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
What round do you think he would be a great pick?

Any round.

He is tight with God. Think about it.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Any round.

Wrong. I've already asked Orton, and he barely knows him . . .

-----

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
LMAO

I cannot believe people are actually believeing that Tebow could possibly be drafted n the first round.

This is a joke.

Tebow will not even be drafted in the second round.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Wrong. I've already asked Orton, and he barely knows him . . .

-----

That was not even funny, if Orton was God...were all F'd! :lol:

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Any round.

I just got off the phone with God and he said Tim is great kid but is not worth the 11th overall pick in the draft. He said it would better if the Broncos trade down to about the 20th overall pick in the draft. :D

slim
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
LMAO

I cannot believe people are actually believeing that Tebow could possibly be drafted n the first round.

This is a joke.

I have seen some "experts" say is the 3rd best QB in the draft.

Now, I don't follow the draft close enough to have an opinion, but it would seem the 2nd round is not out of the question.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
That was not even funny, if Orton was God...were all F'd! :lol:

Well, if he were God, you would have a lot of repenting to do, after what all you've said about him . . . :nod:

-----

Lancane
04-21-2010, 05:31 PM
LMAO

This is a joke.

That's a matter of opinion...most people have him with a first to second round grade. I don't want to spend a first round pick on him, the point of this thread is that because of Ben 'Don't Scream' Roethlesberger being suspended, it could logically shift the top four at the position higher then original planned...that's all.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, if he were God, you would have a lot of repenting to do, after what all you've said about him . . . :nod:

-----

Not really, it would make me more understanding of why Lucifer rebelled against him...

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I have seen some "experts" say is the 3rd best QB in the draft.

Now, I don't follow the draft close enough to have an opinion, but it would seem the 2nd round is not out of the question.

Trent Dilfer, who's been the most accurate analysts on QB's dating back to Aaron Rodgers, says he's not even a 3rd round talent, and he's a minimum of 3+ years out of playing, and would only get a chance if a team spent time to critique him and only him every day in practice. And he's worked with all the QB's.

If Denver wastes a draft pick on some project who likely won't even pan out, and ignore an oppurtunity to fill a much needed, it will be a more embarassing draft pick than Alphonso "joke" Smith being traded for a 1st rounder.

If that's the case, this regime doesn't have a f'n clue what it's doing.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Not really, it would make me more understanding of why Lucifer rebelled against him...

Orton is the Christian who bears the cross of cinder blocks for feet and lacks pocket presences. :laugh:

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 05:36 PM
That's a matter of opinion...most people have him with a first to second round grade. I don't want to spend a first round pick on him, the point of this thread is that because of Ben 'Don't Scream' Roethlesberger being suspended, it could logically shift the top four at the position higher then original planned...that's all.

Who?

The same guy that said Jay Cutler wasn't a first round talent?

Tim Tebow wasn't even a good passer in college. Even his own teammates at Florida are already saying the guy replacing him is a much better talent than Tebow in terms of passing.

Teams thinking about investing a first or second round on him are clueless, because the Matt Jones experiment has already proven to not work.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM

Two of the teams who reportedly have begun talks for Roethlisberger are St.
Louis and Oakland. If either trade happened, that would seem to have a lot of
impact on the first round . . .

-----

slim
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Trent Dilfer, who's been the most accurate analysts on QB's dating back to Aaron Rodgers, says he's not even a 3rd round talent, and he's a minimum of 3+ years out of playing, and would only get a chance if a team spent time to critique him and only him every day in practice. And he's worked with all the QB's.

If Denver wastes a draft pick on some project who likely won't even pan out, and ignore an oppurtunity to fill a much needed, it will be a more embarassing draft pick than Alphonso "joke" Smith being traded for a 1st rounder.

If that's the case, this regime doesn't have a f'n clue what it's doing.

I don't want Denver to take a QB in the first or second round either (too many other needs).

But the Tebow situation is interesting to me. Not that I want Denver to pick him, but that the "expert" analysis on him seems to be all over the map. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

broncophan
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM

lol.......I don't think the broncos or any other nfl team are "sold" on Tebow as the future of their organization.

I know McD and other nfl coaches have said good things about Tebow.....but "the future of the organization" is a stretch.

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't want Denver to take a QB in the first or second round either (too many other needs).

But the Tebow situation is interesting to me. Not that I want Denver to pick him, but that the "expert" analysis on him seems to be all over the map. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

What's interesting about Tebow?

The fact that he "could" play multiple positions, even though he didn't in college?

What else?

He's a christian?

Denver made a play for Brady Quinn. I'm not saying Quinn's the answer, but think about this for a second. If Denver drafts a QB with a top 47 selection, over the year, they would have given up all the following to try and figure out the QB position:

A Pro Bowl QB
A 5th round selection (2009)
A 6th round selection (2009, the trade up for Brandstater...lulz)
A 6th round selection (2010, Brandstater)
Peyton Hillis
A 6th round draft pick (2011)
A conditional pick (2012)
A top 1st-2nd round pick (if that happens this year)

...and still not have a clue who their future QB is.

What a ******* joke.

And btw, we have holes on our team all over the ******* place.

Epic Fail.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM

The fact that he "could" play multiple positions, even though he didn't in college?

What else?

He's a christian?

Denver made a play for Brady Quinn. I'm not saying Quinn's the answer, but think about this for a second. If Denver drafts a QB with a top 47 selection, over the year, they would have given up all the following to try and figure out the QB position:

A Pro Bowl QB
Peyton Hillis

What a ******* joke.

Epic Fail.

Wouldn't you say that we've epically failed so far already?

I agree with you, the point I was bringing up is that because of Big Ben's dumbass he could have shifted the first and second rounds and so on...

Personally, if we really want to take a quarterback I would go with Jevon Snead...

But I am intrigued with Tebow, I admit that. But I do not want to draft him in the first round if we do want him.

Who the hell knows, we could end up drafting anyone at this point, I have em' taking Bryant.

slim
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM

What else?

He's a christian?

A Pro Bowl QB
Peyton Hillis

What a ******* joke.

Epic Fail.

Your reading comprehension is top notch.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 09:20 PM
For all those blasting me for me expressing my opinion on this...

Mayock just openly said on NFLN that he believes that three if not all four of the top quarterbacks in this year' draft will be gone before the second round.

Guess I was way off and am full of shit! :tsk:

;)

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
For all those blasting me for me expressing my opinion on this...

Mayock just openly said on NFLN that he believes that three if not all four of the top quarterbacks in this year' draft will be gone before the second round.

Guess I was way off and am full of shit! :tsk:

;)

Yeah, we already knew that... ;) Seriously though, I think Rapeslisberger may just end up in Jokeland. I think the Faiders are eyeing Clausen and if the Browns grab him at 7 or the Bills make a move for him, the Fade will pull the trigger on him at 8 which makes our pick that much better.

honz
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
There is no way we take Tebow at 11. No freaking way.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah, we already knew that... ;) Seriously though, I think Rapeslisberger may just end up in Jokeland. I think the Faiders are eyeing Clausen and if the Browns grab him at 7 or the Bills make a move for him, the Fade will pull the trigger on him at 8 which makes our pick that much better.

Smartass...huh?...lol.

I may be full of shit, but then so is Mayock and that makes me proud of myself...hahaha.

:D

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 09:42 PM
There is no way we take Tebow at 11. No freaking way.

I've been hearing more frequently that Tebow will go in the first round. If Tebow really is his guy then Lacane could be right McDaniels may not have a choice.

Last year McDaniels wanted to take Moreno where he took Ayers but he was sure Moreno would not have made it that far.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Smartass...huh?...lol.

I may be full of shit, but then so is Mayock and that makes me proud of myself...hahaha.

:D

Don't feel bad, I'm so full of it my eyes are brown, bro... Don't you ever read my posts? :D

topscribe
04-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I've been hearing more frequently that Tebow will go in the first round. If Tebow really is his guy then Lacane could be right McDaniels may not have a choice.

Last year McDaniels wanted to take Moreno where he took Ayers but he was sure Moreno would not have made it that far.

Last year, the Broncos had two 1st rounders, six picks apart. They had latitude.

This year, they have only one, and they have holes to fill. They need a player
who can step in and help immediately. Tebow will not be able to do that, and
even if he could he would not do it in a position the Broncos need the worst.
They are just not in the position to choose a developmental player.

-----

Lancane
04-21-2010, 09:50 PM

Yep...

If anyone has watched the NFLN this week about draftees and so on, they would infact realize that at times a coach or general manager will reach to secure the player they feel is the best player available to them, not the consensus' best player available. The same could be said if we take Pouncey or Weatherspoon and so on...

So, does McDaniels and Xanders feel that Tebow is their guy? Can they find a deal to move down that will keep them in range of taking their top guys? I don't see them as the frail types afraid to make a controversial decision...lol. If they have to reach and nab one of their top guys? Then so be it.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Last year, the Broncos had two 1st rounders, six picks apart. They had latitude.

This year, they have only one, and they have holes to fill. They need a player
who can step in and help immediately. Tebow will not be able to do that, and
even if he could he would not do it in a position the Broncos need the worst.
They are just not in the position to choose a developmental player.

-----

Yeah because tailback was the major need last year when we had the ability to nab a top shelf quarterback, or a defensive difference maker! Every draft specialist baulked at the pick of Ayers above the better defensive studs available...

;)

topscribe
04-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah because tailback was the major need last year when we had the ability to nab a top shelf quarterback, or a defensive difference maker!

;)

I was not happy with their choice at #12 last year. But this is this year. As McD
said, they now have had a whole year to put together their draft. He wants to
win now, and he knows it will take players who can do that . . . now. I'm sure
he knows better than us where the holes are. And they are not where Tebow
can help within the next two years . . .

-----

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Yep...

If anyone has watched the NFLN this week about draftees and so on, they would infact realize that at times a coach or general manager will reach to secure the player they feel is the best player available to them, not the consensus' best player available. The same could be said if we take Pouncey or Weatherspoon and so on...

So, does McDaniels and Xanders feel that Tebow is their guy? Can they find a deal to move down that will keep them in range of taking their top guys? I don't see them as the frail types afraid to make a controversial decision...lol. If they have to reach and nab one of their top guys? Then so be it.

Exactly, if McDaniels real thinks Tebow is right guy to lead this franchise for the next 15 years then by all means draft him. Now if he can trade back a few spots pick up a another pick or two that would be ideal imho.

Buff
04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I am on the Tebow bandwagon. I think a guy with his work ethic and experience is bound to succeed. Not crazy about the idea of taking him at #11, but I wouldn't go rape and pillage if it happened.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 09:59 PM
I was not happy with their choice at #12 last year. But this is this year. As McD
said, they now have had a whole year to put together their draft. He wants to
win now, and he knows it will take players who can do that . . . now. I'm sure
he knows better than us where the holes are. And they are not where Tebow
can help within the next two years . . .

-----

Let me ask you, are you a 100% sure that Tebow or a quarterback will not be our first pick in the draft? Would you be willing to bet your soul on it? Not asking for real, just hypothetically...

I don't think anybody is that sure at this time of how this will play out and I think the same could be said for Denver's brass. I would not be surprised if Clausen was the pick at this point. But Tebow the third best graded quarterback in the draft would be surprising?

topscribe
04-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Let me ask you, are you a 100% sure that Tebow or a quarterback will not be our first pick in the draft? Would you be willing to bet your soul on it? Not asking for real, just hypothetically...

I don't think anybody is that sure at this time of how this will play and I think the same could be said for the Denver brass. I would not be surprised if Clausen was the pick at this point.

Did I say I was 100% sure? Why are you trying to put that jacket on me? Do
you really think I am that kind of idiot?

I believe you and certain cronies are hoping the Broncos do this because of your
distaste for Orton. You seem to think the answer for the Broncos is to throw
another quarterback in there.

What I am doing is looking at where the Broncos are weak, which is what I
believe an intelligent FO would do. Those spots begin with C, OG, ILB in that
order, IMO. C and OG would be a reach at that spot because Pouncey and
Iupati are projected as late 1st values, and Bulaga will probably be gone.
Moreover, Tebow is projected for the late 1st to 2nd round.

Three players stand out at that position because they can walk through the
door at Dove Valley as starters in an area of need: Bryant, McClain, and
Morgan. All three are studs. McClain would fill the most needed hole, Morgan
the second, and Bryant the third, IMO.

So I believe the Broncos will pick McClain if he is available, Morgan if he is not,
or Bryant if both of the other two are taken.

By the 43rd pick, Tebow will probably be gone, probably to a team who does
not have so many holes, who can afford to culture a project. They will be the
lucky one to get Tebow. The Broncos will not, IMO.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018467157?Ex-Florida%20Quarterback%20Tebow%20Stock%20On%20Rise; %20Won%27t%20Be%20In%20NY%20For%20Draft

New York, NY, United States (AHN) - With just one day left before the 2010 NFL Entry Draft, former Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow is hoping that his recent strides could award him a better draft position come Thursday.

Tebow, arguably the most criticized prospect in this year’s draft, saw his draft stock surge at a staggering rate.

Previously predicted a third to fourth round pick, Tebow is now seen as a potential first-rounder after working out his overall game – more particularly his throwing mechanics – in the past months.

Tebow reportedly attended private workouts in Washington, Denver, Minnesota, New England, and Seattle, but the Jacksonville Jaguars showed more desire of taking Tebow’s services.

Several sources also reported the Buffalo Bills are also interested of using their 9th overall pick choice to take the former Gators star.

NFL followers believe the Cleveland Browns is another NFL team that could join the hunt for the soft-spoken All-American.

With all these speculations, one thing has become certain in the past few months-Tebow's work ethic is paying off.

Unlike other gifted prospects, Tebow’s gradual improvement was a product of hard work and commitment to the game.

"I think it's something that I'll relish," Tebow said on MyFox. "Because it's a lot of people that care about what I'm doing. That just helps with my platform, which is the number one thing for me."

His impressive stint at NFL Combine motivated him to further hone his game, leading up to the debut of his new throwing mechanics at the Gators Pro Day.

Tebow, has not accepted the NFL's offer to join their draft festivities on Thursday, but is reportedly in New York and could end up attending Thursday's draft night.

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Yep...

I have never ever understood why fans think getting someone that could be a "franchise" player at any position can be a reach.

If we take a 3rd or 4th round graded person in the first round then maybe it is a reach.

If we get Tebow or Pouncey at 11 and they are broncos starting in the near future and stay with the team for 12-15 years hen why is it a reach?

If we can move back a couple of spots and still get them fine, but they still become a franchise player. If they are taken at 11 or 15 the only thing different is the money we pay up front. So we give a guy that is suppose ed to be worth say 25 million and he is Supposedly only worth 22 mil What is that over 5 year contract, chicken feed.

Look I'm not advocating drafting anyone but LOS guys but if we have to pay for one then so be it IF he is not a bust it is a wise investment long term.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Did I say I was 100% sure? Why are you trying to put that jacket on me? Do
you really think I am that kind of idiot?

I believe you and certain cronies are hoping the Broncos do this because of your
distaste for Orton. You seem to think the answer for the Broncos is to throw
another quarterback in there.

What I am doing is looking at where the Broncos are weak, which is what I
believe an intelligent FO would do. Those spots begin with C, OG, ILB in that
order, IMO. C and OG would be a reach at that spot because Pouncey and
Iupati are projected as late 1st values, and Bulaga will probably be gone.
Moreover, Tebow is projected for the late 1st to 2nd round.

Three players stand out at that position because they can walk through the
door at Dove Valley as starters in an area of need: Bryant, McClain, and
Morgan. All three are studs. McClain would fill the most needed hole, Morgan
the second, and Bryant the third, IMO.

So I believe the Broncos will pick McClain if he is available, Morgan if he is not,
or Bryant if both of the other two are taken.

By the 43rd pick, Tebow will probably be gone, probably to a team who does
not have so many holes, who can afford to culture a project. They will be the
lucky one to get Tebow. The Broncos will not, IMO.

-----

That's a fair assessment...

And I agree for the most part, in my honest opinion wideout, guard, center and linebacker are more important. But I could see them taking Tebow if they truly felt he could be coached to be the 'franchise quarterback' of this team. He does fit the ideal criteria of what McDaniels would want for the most part in a quarterback or a player in general.

I personally still think the pick will be Bryant at the pick, but I could see them Tebow or Pouncey earlier then their expected if they felt they had to do so to secure them.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 10:25 PM
That's a fair assessment...

And I agree for the most part, in my honest opinion wideout, guard, center and linebacker are more important. But I could see them taking Tebow if they truly felt he could be coached to be the 'franchise quarterback' of this team. He does fit the ideal criteria of what McDaniels would want for the most part in a quarterback or a player in general.

I personally still think the pick will be Bryant at the pick, but I could see them reaching for Tebow or Pouncey if they felt they had to do so to secure them.

The problem is, for too many players drafted in the first round, "franchise" has
been spelled b-u-s-t. No position is a roll of the dice more than QB . . . although
WR has had its share. The Broncos cannot afford to play the odds to that
degree, i.e., select a player to develop over two years or so, so maybe,
maybe he will become a "franchise" player.

I could be wrong, but I just believe that those who hope the Broncos will
reeeeaaach for Tebow will be disappointed. And, frankly, I hope they will be,
if you get my drift . . .

-----

Lancane
04-21-2010, 10:32 PM
The problem is, for too many players drafted in the first round, "franchise" has
been spelled b-u-s-t. No position is a roll of the dice more than QB . . . although
WR has had its share. The Broncos cannot afford to play the odds to that
degree, i.e., select a player to develop over two years or so, so maybe,
maybe he will become a "franchise" player.

I could be wrong, but I just believe that those who hope the Broncos will
reeeeaaach for Tebow will be disappointed. And, frankly, I hope they will be,
if you get my drift . . .

-----

I'm actually surprised that your so vehemently against him. Because if their is one quarterback that I would compare him to coming out of college it would be Jake Plummer. Watch a highlight video of him and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As to the rest, we'll likely know sometime in the next twenty four or so hours! ;)

BroncosRockdaRockies
04-21-2010, 10:35 PM

I have a different perspective of the Steelers if they do decide to trade Rothlisufillintheblank situation.

If they decide to trade Ben I don't think they will go after a QB. I think Byron Leftwich will be the starter and Batch the backup or vise versa, but either way I think they will go after Dez Bryant or try to pick someone for their O-line to protect the new QB.

And they might even get a pick for next years draft which they might use to get a new QB then after evaluating one of the aforementioned QB's this year. Just a thought

topscribe
04-21-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm actually surprised that your so vehemently against him. Because if their is one quarterback that I would compare him to coming out of college it would be Jake Plummer. Watch a highlight video of him and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As to the rest, we'll likely know sometime in the next twenty four or so hours! ;)

I'm not against Tebow at all. I've seen his highlights. I like him. I mean, I really
like him. It is not a matter of "like." I am a Broncos fan, not a Tebow fan. I want
what McDaniels wants: to win. Now.

I just do not believe Tebow can help the Broncos to win immediately. The likes
of McClain, Morgan, or even Bryant, Pouncey, or Williams can. And any one of
them would be a star for years to come, too.

I wish the Broncos could afford to take a talent like Tebow and develop and
culture him. But they can't, IMO. They just have too many holes that need to
be filled, and filled now.

-----

broken12
04-21-2010, 10:41 PM
lmao! if this happens its because this organization is in shambles! seriously at 11

BoltWalt
04-21-2010, 10:45 PM
That surely would be a beautiful sight to behold.

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Tebow at 11 is the kind of move that would put even more pressure on McDaniels. It could very easily hasten his exit.

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm not against Tebow at all. I've seen his highlights. I like him. I mean, I really
like him. It is not a matter of "like." I am a Broncos fan, not a Tebow fan. I want
what McDaniels wants: to win. Now.

I just do not believe Tebow can help the Broncos to win immediately. The likes
of McClain, Morgan, or even Bryant, Pouncey, or Williams can. And any one of
them would be a star for years to come, too.

I wish the Broncos could afford to take a talent like Tebow and develop and
culture him. But they can't, IMO. They just have too many holes that need to
be filled, and filled now.

-----
I have always wanted more BEEF on the LOS , but the fact is WILLIaMS as NT will not affect the WIN loss column much at all this year.

Not sure that a rookie ILB would do much either. WR are rarely a starter or for the matter effective in year one.

Pouncey could be a great starter for a decade or more but for most he is a huge reach at 11.

So what does it boil down to a QB that might be a franchise QB for along time..

The only thing he supposedly has to fix is the throwing motion and from what everyone that has seen him since his pr day says he is well on the way to doing that.

Can he win some games this year maybe as a Slash type player that keeps the defense guessing.

he is great athlete and a better person and leader something we seem to have missed on for the past few years.IMHO

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Tebow at 11 is the kind of move that would put even more pressure on McDaniels. It could very easily hasten his exit.

On the contrary if Tebows number is called by us at any spot it will because Pat is on board with it. If that is the case then unless the entire season goes into the crapper it buys him even more time.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I have always wanted more BEEF on the LOS , but the fact is WILLIaMS as NT will not affect the WIN loss column much at all this year.

Not sure that a rookie ILB would do much either. WR are rarely a starter or for the matter effective in year one.

Pouncey could be a great starter for a decade or more but for most he is a huge reach at 11.

So what does it boil down to a QB that might be a franchise QB for along time..

The only thing he supposedly has to fix is the throwing motion and from what everyone that has seen him since his pr day says he is well on the way to doing that.

Can he win some games this year maybe as a Slash type player that keeps the defense guessing.

he is great athlete and a better person and leader something we seem to have missed on for the past few years.IMHO

Actually, I just threw Williams in, and I agree with you, especially with Jamal
Williams there and possibly Baker ready this year.

If you study the reports, however, McClain is regarded as so good and so
ready that he will start and make an impact his first year. Same with Bryant.
Same with Morgan. Pouncey is a reach, yes, but so is Tebow, and Pouncey
would have an immediate impact, as you know.

No, Tebow at 11 would be a horrible error, IMO. But then, if the Broncos do
trade back, this whole argument will become moot . . .

-----

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM
On the contrary if Tebows number is called by us at any spot it will because Pat is on board with it. If that is the case then unless the entire season goes into the crapper it buys him even more time.

I can see how drafting Tebow can lengthen or shorten McDaniels' time here.

However, drafting a Left handed QB after tying up money in Clady and owing him more very soon and tying up money in Cutler (initially) with the 11th pick and trading for Quinn wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Ultimately I think it has a higher probability of blowing up on McDaniels face if he drafted Tebow at 11 than not. Just a hunch. :shrugs:

It would be one thing if this team was a couple pieces away but they aren't. This team has too many holes. It needs a lot of line work on both sides of the ball. We need LB's. We need a WR. Tebow at 11 would be a waste of a pick.

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:39 PM
ready that he will start and make an impact his first year. -----

I just read a report and heard Sandy Clough reference the same thing: McClain has some serious question marks in coverage.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I just read a report and heard Sandy Clough reference the same thing: McClain has some serious question marks in coverage.

All players have weaknesses somewhere. There is not one of them who cannot
be classified as a human.

Coverage is teachable. Nonetheless, if you remember, Al Wilson was not the
best at coverage. What happened to the defense when he left?

McClain is widely regarded as an instant starter.

-----

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:46 PM
All players have weaknesses somewhere. There is not one of them who cannot
be classified as a human.

Coverage is teachable. And McClain is widely regarded as an instant starter.

-----

Agreed. I think long term his prospects are a bit scary especially considering the Crohn's. At what point would it not be manageable.

I would take McClain over Tebow any day! I just worry because he played at a school with playmakers all around him especially a big fat NT in front of him.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Agreed. I think long term his prospects are a bit scary especially considering the Crohn's. At what point would it not be manageable.

I would take McClain over Tebow any day! I just worry because he played at a school with playmakers all around him especially a big fat NT in front of him.

Well, he would have some around him here, too: D.J., Elvis, Jamal, and Ayers
(yes, this is his year, IMO). In fact, that bunch has me suddenly salivating . . .

-----

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Actually, I just threw Williams in, and I agree with you, especially with Jamal
Williams there and possibly Baker ready this year.

ready that he will start and make an impact his first year. Same with Bryant.
Same with Morgan. Pouncey is a reach, yes, but so is Tebow, and Pouncey
would have an immediate impact, as you know.

No, Tebow at 11 would be a horrible error, IMO. But then, if the Broncos do
trade back, this whole argument will become moot . . .

-----
guess we will have to agree to disagree while I do not really want Tebow he has as good a chance of affecting win loss as any of those players.

I really disagree with bryant being a replacement for marshall VERY few WR are worth a damn in their rookie year. All I can think of is cavlin, fitz and Moss in the past 11 years. an there were a shit pot full of them drafted in the 1st during that time frame.i

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
guess we will have to agree to disagree while I do not really want Tebow he has as good a chance of affecting win loss as any of those players.

I really disagree with bryant being a replacement for marshall VERY few WR are worth a damn in their rookie year. All I can think of is cavlin, fitz and Moss in the past 11 years. an there were a shit pot full of them drafted in the 1st during that time frame.i

I did not refer to Marshall when I mentioned Bryant. I only said Bryan would
step in and start right away, and he would make an impact on the team. A
huge percentage of the industry agrees with me on that.

But I don't know where you believe Tebow would play to affect the W-L
record of the team. Some say play him at H-back. I have news for them:
Tebow wants to be a quarterback, not an H-back. Tebow would not start.
The Broncos would be spending a #11 on a player who will not start, maybe
for a couple years. A team with so many holes simply cannot afford to waste
a #11 on a player who will not be starting. That happened this last year. How
did that work out?

McDaniels wants to win now. He said so. If he really wants to win now, he
will ignore the temptation to take Tebow and select a player who can help
him now.

-----

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Well, he would have some around him here, too: D.J., Elvis, Jamal, and Ayers
(yes, this is his year, IMO). In fact, that bunch has me suddenly salivating . . .

-----

I am much more skeptical on Jamal. He hasn't played an entire season in a while. I hope the guy can be a beast but I just don't see it.

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM

Well if it is about first round WR's and not WR's in general, Moss was a first rounder, Clayton was, Andre Johnson was, Dewayne Bowe was, Lee Evans caught almost 1000 yards worth of footballs as a rookie, Roy Williams was a #1 who caught almost a 1000 yards, Santonio Holmes was a number one with 49 receptions and 824 yards, Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson were first round picks.

Hakeem Nicks didn't due too bad
Percy Harvin had a decent season

Historically:

Jerry Rice
Paul Warfield

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM
I did not refer to Marshall when I mentioned Bryant. I only said Bryan would
step in and start right away, and he would make an impact on the team. A
huge percentage of the industry agrees with me on that.

But I don't know where you believe Tebow would play to affect the W-L
record of the team. Some say play him at H-back. I have news for them:
Tebow wants to be a quarterback, not an H-back. Tebow would not start.
The Broncos would be spending a #11 on a player who will not start, maybe
for a couple years. A team with so many holes simply cannot afford to waste
a #11 on a player who will not be starting. That happened this last year. How
did that work out?

McDaniels wants to win now. He said so. If he really wants to win now, he
will ignore the temptation to take Tebow and select a player who can help
him now.

-----

Sure every coach wants to win now, but Tebow if taken can do more for a team than WR as history points out. Most first year round 1 choices rarely get more that 50 passes in the year .

That is IF he can learn the spread offense that Josh plays. Looks Tebow can gve Josh time because we all know that Pat woud have to be on board if we took him. Tebow is an instant ticket and jersey seller. those are facts. as for him just benign H-back I see him as a Slash type QB that can run and pass and wreak havoc like Slash used to do, until he has the O down pat I think he will become the QB that has it all he is smart, very versatile player that is fast. all of that tells me that Josh would take him in a heart beat over the players you listed.

hey maybe I'm reading this all wrong but that is how I see it.

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Sure every coach wants to win now, but Tebow if taken can do more for a team than WR as history points out. Most first year round 1 choices rarely get more that 50 passes in the year .

That is IF he can learn the spread offense that Josh plays. Looks Tebow can gve Josh time because we all know that Pat woud have to be on board if we took him. Tebow is an instant ticket and jersey seller. those are facts. as for him just benign H-back I see him as a Slash type QB that can run and pass and wreak havoc like Slash used to do, until he has the O down pat I think he will become the QB that has it all he is smart, very versatile player that is fast. all of that tells me that Josh would take him in a heart beat over the players you listed.

So we will keep Orton, Tebow, and Quinn :confused:

Tebow will split time with orton? :confused:

"If you are using two QB's you don't have one"

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Well if it is about first round WR's and not WR's in general, Moss was a first rounder, Clayton was, Andre Johnson was, Dewayne Bowe was, Lee Evans caught almost 1000 yards worth of footballs as a rookie, Roy Williams was a #1 who caught almost a 1000 yards, Santonio Holmes was a number one with 49 receptions and 824 yards, Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson were first round picks.

Hakeem Nicks didn't due too bad
Percy Harvin had a decent season

Historically:

Jerry Rice
Paul Warfield

yep I just researched them all BUT the vast majority of the first round WR caught less than 40 passes their rookie year. some got up as far as 60 and very few above that. Yardage well that counts but it is moving the sticks that counts and scoring. Although I did not notice how many TD's were made. If yo really want to put all your marbles in a WR for your first pick OK by me but do not be disappointed if you see those 45 to 55 catch year as a rookie.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM

Maybe. We'll see, of course.

But the vast majority of mock drafts from the top have the Broncos taking
McClain, Morgan, or Bryant. It doesn't appear they have Denver being so
foolish as to reach that far for Tebow, either . . .

-----

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 12:18 AM
I am much more skeptical on Jamal. He hasn't played an entire season in a while. I hope the guy can be a beast but I just don't see it.

I think Jamal will be fine he will get lots of rest as a rotational player. If he has to play all the game all the year we are indeed in trouble.

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM
yep I just researched them all BUT the vast majority of the first round WR caught less than 40 passes their rookie year. some got up as far as 60 and very few above that. Yardage well that counts but it is moving the sticks that counts and scoring. Although I did not notice how many TD's were made. If yo really want to put all your marbles in a WR for your first pick OK by me but do not be disappointed if you see those 45 to 55 catch year as a rookie.

I don't! Especially not Bryant either. If we don't have a line that can block then a WR who can be a deep threat is useless. If we don't have a line that can block Tim Tebow will feel like David Carr circa 2005.

It starts with the linemen. I like the idea of trading back and getting the big fatties! Get a guy like Benn in the second.

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM
So we will keep Orton, Tebow, and Quinn :confused:

Tebow will split time with orton? :confused:

"If you are using two QB's you don't have one"

I said as a slash Qb until he learns the scheme and has his mechanics fixed. did you see anything in my posts that differed from that?

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
I said as a slash Qb until he learns the scheme and has his mechanics fixed. did you see anything in my posts that differed from that?

That only works for so long. Kordell looked great doing that until he went full time.

If we are going to pick a guy at 11 and pay him 11 money at some point you have to play him full time. Maybe not right away a la Cutler but at some point the guy has got to play. I think you are risking too much running him out for 5-10 plays a game.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't! Especially not Bryant either. If we don't have a line that can block then a WR who can be a deep threat is useless. If we don't have a line that can block Tim Tebow will feel like David Carr circa 2005.

It starts with the linemen. I like the idea of trading back and getting the big fatties! Get a guy like Benn in the second.

I would much rather have O-line or front seven than a WR, too.

My point is drafting a player who will start and make an impact this year . . .

-----

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 12:26 AM

I have always said that LOS wins or loses games. Control it and you win more times than not.

As for Tebow he is an extraordinary scrambler I am not worried about that.

We will or SHOULD address the OLINE in rounds 2 and 3 we have to get a OC this year before the season starts, HAVE TO. as for OLG Olsen may fit that bill , But I would like to see a 320 pounder or more taken on day two. There is a lot of depth on the OLINE this year as is there a lot at LB.

Look what ever happens is what happens I'm just looking into what I can of what has been said and done this past few days.

I see Tebow taken with a round one pick if he is still there when we pick. whiter I am right or wrong who cares.

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
I have always said that LOS wins or loses games. Control it and you win more times than not.

As for Tebow he is an extraordinary scrambler I am not worried about that.

We will or SHOULD address the OLINE in rounds 2 and 3 we have to get a OC this year before the season starts, HAVE TO. as for OLG Olsen may fit that bill , But I would like to see a 320 pounder or more taken on day two. There is a lot of depth on the OLINE this year as is there a lot at LB.

Look what ever happens is what happens I'm just looking into what I can of what has been said and done this past few days.

I see Tebow taken with a round one pick if he is still there when we pick. whiter I am right or wrong who cares.

Well, I hope you're wrong.

-----

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
I would much rather have O-line or front seven than a WR, too.

My point is drafting a player who will start and make an impact this year . . .

-----

I am ok if impact means an impact but not enough to affect W/L.

I would be much more interested in seeing McDaniels stick around in that instance i.e. picking fatties and building (going 4-12) than taking the sexy picks and going 7,8,9 wins.

getlynched47
04-22-2010, 01:06 AM
I fail to see how Ben Roethlisberger's suspension has anything to do with Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy's stock.

Teams that were thinking of McCoy or Tebow won't be altered by the suspension.

Steelers won't draft a QB in the first round, they're dead-set on Dennis Dixon if they trade Roethlisberger.

What's your point? :confused:

sneakers
04-22-2010, 01:54 AM
If they picked Tebow with the 11th pick....the broncos would be right up there with the raiders in draft retardery.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
I fail to see how Ben Roethlisberger's suspension has anything to do with Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy's stock.

Teams that were thinking of McCoy or Tebow won't be altered by the suspension.

Steelers won't draft a QB in the first round, they're dead-set on Dennis Dixon if they trade Roethlisberger.

What's your point? :confused:

From what I heard yesterday Roethlisberger's suspension is causing the stocks of Colt McCoy and Tebow to rise.

The Steelers wouldn't be the first team to swear up and down that they are sold lock, stock, and barrel on a player already on the roster and then turn around and draft a player at that position.

Nomad
04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I would laugh my ass off if the BRONCOS took Tebow at 11! It would be a entertaining meltdown then again no matter who is picked there will be some who will have meltdowns here!

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
I would laugh my ass off if the BRONCOS took Tebow at 11! It would be a entertaining meltdown then again no matter who is picked there will be some who will have meltdowns here!

True. Personally I don't get all out of sorts just because we didn't a guy that I would have liked to see us get.

Nomad
04-22-2010, 08:49 AM
True. Personally I don't all out of sorts just because we didn't a guy that I would have liked to see us get.

True! The draft is such a gamble that a player who excelled in college may be below average in the pros and vice versa or they could just roll right into the NFL and excell:whoknows:! I'd like Iupati but more than likely we won't draft him and whoever we do pick I'd welcome him to the BRONCOS and hope he is successful!

Like I said in the draft forum, I save my meltdowns for gameday and immediately after loses, then I'm over it about a couple hrs later and if I had some beers it is worse!:lol:

Lancane
04-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Just for your information we according to NFLN had a last minute workout with Colt McCoy. I would say the chances are getting rather high that we may take one or the other...

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 08:53 AM

Yeah, it would send shock waves through the entire sports nation.
The video of Tebow at his house with family completely suprised and jumping up and down yelling and screaming.....oh jeez.
However if anyone thinks that MCD would get fired or into some kind of trouble, your sadly mistaken.
Tebow would be a pick pre-approved by Bowlen.
MCD would be going no where. If anything, it would lengthen his stay even longer.
And i think Tebow will be a bronco. More than likely a trade back up into the 1st to get him. I thought Bradford would be a Bronco, but that was like 6 months ago, before he showed he was totally healthy. His stock has risen in the last 4 months to Peyton Manning-like status.
I do however think that MCD has always had a running list of QBs he wanted from this specific draft, and Tebow is 2nd on that list.
I also think that the Ben situation coupled with the overall crackdown on player in general recently by the commish, has alot of teams having no choice but to take or really look hard at specific players at highly important positions, like QB based more on their moral and ethical background than on just a pure physical standpoint.
The NFL seems to be changing or at least tweaking a bit.

Nomad
04-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Just for your information we according to NFLN had a last minute workout with Colt McCoy. I would say the chances are getting rather high that we may take one or the other...

Have there been any Longhorn QBs successful in the NFL?? Leading their teams to multiple playoffs, winning season, and SBs! I know there has never been a Longhorn QB to win a SB!!

Lancane
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Have there been any Longhorn QBs successful in the NFL?? Leading their teams to multiple playoffs, winning season, and SBs! I know there has never been a Longhorn QB to win a SB!!

That's a good point...but the more and more we learn, the more it seems that a quarterback is on our list of wants.

Vince Young and Chris Sims are the only active Longhorn Quarterbacks at the pro-level. It's actually funny but McCoy has three-times the awards that Young had and he's more successful and he will not even be drafted near where Young was?...go figure.

Elevation inc
04-22-2010, 09:06 AM
if we really want Mccoy cane i would wager the possibility of trading orton to a team like the rams, raiders, bills is greater than some realize....they are identical players except Mccoy is smaller...that would be very bold after endorsing orton but stranger things have happened with MCD in charge that even i will admit that....

only other possibility for the double workout in my mind is a smokescreen for arrelious benn and damian williams to drop....

god could u imagine this place if orton was traded on draft day...some of the same people that hate cutler, would be pissed we traded orton, while the people that dislike orton would be thrilled...the roles would completely flip....and chaos would ensue.......

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-22-2010, 09:13 AM
That's a good point...but the more and more we learn, the more it seems that a quarterback is on our list of wants.

Vince Young and Chris Sims are the only active Longhorn Quarterbacks at the pro-level. It's actually funny but McCoy has three-times the awards that Young had and he's more successful and he will not even be drafted near where Young was?...go figure.

That's incredibly simplistic to say the least.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 09:15 AM
if we really want Mccoy cane i would wager the possibility of trading orton to a team like the rams, raiders, bills is greater than some realize....they are identical players except Mccoy is smaller...that would be very bold after endorsing orton but stranger things have happened with MCD in charge that even i will admit that....

only other possibility for the double workout in my mind is a smokescreen for arrelious benn and damian williams to drop....

god could u imagine this place if orton was traded on draft day...some of the same people that hate cutler, would be pissed we traded orton, while the people that dislike orton would be thrilled...the roles would completely flip....and chaos would ensue.......

Only 1 or 2 would flip out.
99% of Bronco fans know Ortons a career back up.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM

Who the hell knows, I just find it funny that our last workouts are not lineman or receivers, but actually Tebow and then McCoy at the last minute...

I wonder if they were worried during OTA's or something? Maybe they did not have hope in any of the three current quarterbacks we have?

Of the two I would take Tebow, he reminds me of a lot of Jake Plummer, but as you mentioned...stranger things have happened. They may have had a last minute workout with McCoy - especially if they trade to the 22nd or 24th spot to hope that someone takes McCoy before Tebow, so Tim is available at that spot.

I wonder if they plan on trading either Orton or Quinn with a pick to a team or something to move up somewhere?

You're right though Elevation, if we traded Orton the boards would go nuts, absolutely delightfully nuts!

Elevation inc
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Only 1 or 2 would flip out.
99% of Bronco fans know Ortons a career back up.

well TKO and kyle orton solider would be 2 for sure.....:lol:

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Who the hell knows, I just find it funny that our last workouts are not lineman or receivers, but actually Tebow and then McCoy at the last minute...

I wonder if they were worried during OTA's or something? Maybe they did not have hope in any of the three current quarterbacks we have?

Of the two I would take Tebow, he reminds me of a lot of Jake Plummer, but as you mentioned...stranger things have happened. They may have had a last minute workout with McCoy - especially if they trade to the 22nd or 24th spot to hope that someone takes McCoy before Tebow, so Tim is available at that spot.

I wonder if they plan on trading either Orton or Quinn with a pick to a team or something to move up somewhere?

You're right though Elevation, if we traded Orton the boards would go nuts, absolutely delightfully nuts!

He reminds you of Plummer!?!?
I would think a weak armed, small, frail, skittish, cant-see-over-the-oline QB would remind you of Plummer......like McCoy.
Tebow reminds most of Steve Young, but heavier!
Lefty, strong armed, but not too accurate, can scramble and take hits, and is a field general, leader of the entire team.

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I would absolutely take McCoy over Tebow in a heartbeat........ to run an NFL offense that is relied upon for PASSING the ball. Tebow is not a good passer

Overtime
04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow we are not taking Tim Tebow

slim
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I hope we take Tebow just so I can watch overtime and bubbles both have a complete meltdown.

Ravage!!!
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM

So, its funny to you to see our football team make horrendous picks, just so you can see a bunch of angry posts on a message board?:confused:

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
I hope we take Tebow just so I can watch overtime and bubbles both have a complete meltdown.

This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
What I mean is Old Testament, Slim, real wrath of God type stuff.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Maybe. We'll see, of course.

But the vast majority of mock drafts from the top have the Broncos taking
McClain, Morgan, or Bryant. It doesn't appear they have Denver being so
foolish as to reach that far for Tebow, either . . .

-----
That may be.

Just for giggles how many if them take in account the last minute look see of Tebow on monday by BOTH. HC and GM and God only knows how many other staffers IN DEN. Then add the Big Ben FUBAR and the fallout from that.

A few weeks ago Tebow was a total after thought for me I saw him as a maybe mid round 2nd.

I would be surprised if he is not a mid round 1st now.

He is a superb athlete that is SQUEAKY clean about as far to the other side of the spectrum as you can get from Ben.

Just my WAG folks I could be way out there, but if it happens do not be surprised.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

slim
04-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Chris90210
04-22-2010, 10:39 AM
wow i would say no way in hell this would happen but to be honest with you McD is crazy

Northman
04-22-2010, 10:40 AM

Its true, that man has no dick. :laugh:

Nomad
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM

:pop2:

Lancane
04-22-2010, 10:45 AM
He reminds you of Plummer!?!?
I would think a weak armed, small, frail, skittish, cant-see-over-the-oline QB would remind you of Plummer......like McCoy.
Tebow reminds most of Steve Young, but heavier!
Lefty, strong armed, but not too accurate, can scramble and take hits, and is a field general, leader of the entire team.

He does remind me of Plummer, his athletic ability, the way he throws in the pocket and on the run are almost identical to Jake Plummer. But as you've pointed out, he's bigger and stronger, like Steve Young and has more physically incommon with him.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 10:45 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: