PDA

View Full Version : Should Denver go for Roethlisberger?

rationalfan
04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Schefter is reporting the Steelers are willing to part with Ben for a top ten pick.

So, would you be cool with Denver giving up the 11th pick and, like, a 7th rounder for Big Ben?

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Nope! Why move a womanizer in Brandon Marshall for an (alleged) RAPIST in Big Ben.

I would take JaWalrus Russell before Big Ben at this point.

Ziggy
04-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Ben is going to get suspended here soon. He'll then be one incident away from a long suspension. Just say no.

Tempus Fugit
04-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Bad fit in the system...

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Schefter is reporting the Steelers are willing to part with Ben for a top ten pick.

So, would you be cool with Denver giving up the 11th pick and, like, a 7th rounder for Big Ben?

No I would not.

Besides that I think it would take more than just 11th plus a 7th round pick to get him. I could see it easily taking our 1st and both 2nds or our 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd.

Lancane

Hell No.

TXBRONC
Bad fit in the system...

I don't think so.

CoachChaz
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Someone will overpay for him...just dont want it to be us. What's his record when he throws more than 20 passes in a game?

No thanks!

DenBronx
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
he's trash. don't want him.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Hell No.

I wish you were more emphatic in your posts. :tsk:

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
He doesnt fit the spread. He could learn it, but at this point in his career, not the best fit.
However, even if he does get suspended, it will likely be appealed and reduced, so i figure he will end up not playing in 3 games this season. OK. not the end of the world.
If i was the owner of the Rams, i would be looking HARD at this trade. 1st pick for Ben straight up. Nothing else. Bens contract i think 3 more years to go on, he wont make more than 8 mil in a given season i think, and hes a 2 time SB champ.
And STL keep all there other picks. Desperate times call for desperate measures!?!? Hmm..
I wouldnt want him in DEN though..

MasterShake
04-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Let's just line up a statue with a potato gun behind center. Same thing.

broncofaninfla
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
He's way better than anybody we currently have but with the 6 game suspension I'd only be willing to give up a mid round pick this year with a conditional next year.

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Ben was on TWO superblows wining teams.

If it was not for a good oline, and damned fine defense and a pretty good running game getting there he would be pretty average.

I have no desire for ben in DEN.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Let's just line up a statue with a potato gun behind center. Same thing.

We already have that in Orton. :bolt:

CoachChaz
04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
He doesnt fit the spread. He could learn it, but at this point in his career, not the best fit.
However, even if he does get suspended, it will likely be appealed and reduced, so i figure he will end up not playing in 3 games this season. OK. not the end of the world.
If i was the owner of the Rams, i would be looking HARD at this trade. 1st pick for Ben straight up. Nothing else. Bens contract i think 3 more years to go on, he wont make more than 8 mil in a given season i think, and hes a 2 time SB champ.
And STL keep all there other picks. Desperate times call for desperate measures!?!? Hmm..
I wouldnt want him in DEN though..

Just heard 6 games

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Someone will overpay for him...just dont want it to be us. What's his record when he throws more than 20 passes in a game?

52-29

Hell no.

underrated29
I like Ben and do not care about his Big pimpin ways. (atleast on the field)

But I do not like him here for our system. Good QB, but mechanics need refinement but more importantly he holds the ball to long. Our quick strike offense does not utilize his skills properly imo....

I would not do it. I think ben would be better than orton but not by much.

No to BEN.

Quinn, Orton, Tebow-- we will be fine with these guys. (if not tebow, then I like Skelton a LOT!) but nothing more than a 2 at QB.

Lancane
I wish you were more emphatic in your posts. :tsk:

Let's see we trade a supposed woman beater to only go out and get a possible rapist?...yeah, that's a step in the right direction!

If it was something less serious, like he got drunk and accidently ran over a dog...then I would be okay with it. But he did not even sound sorry when he spoke to the media, nor did he look sullen for being accused, if your innocent and accused of crap you are usually upset, especially when fans and others including teammates seem to believe it!

;)

SOCALORADO.
Just heard 6 games

When Marshall was suspended, how many was it originally, and how many did he actually sit?
I honestly cant remember.

TXBRONC
Just heard 6 games

I thought it was 4 to 6 games?

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2010, 12:28 PM
He was suspended for 6 games, 4 games with good behavior.

I think it's funny that they plan on replacing him with Byron Leftwich. Where's Charlie Batch when you need him?

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Let's see we trade a supposed woman beater to only go out and get a possible rapist?...yeah, that's a step in the right direction!

If it was something less serious, like he got drunk and accidently ran over a dog...then I would be okay with it. But he did not even sound sorry when he spoke to the media, nor did he look sullen for being accused, if your innocent and accused of crap you are usually upset, especially when fans and others including teammates seem to believe it!

;)

Really! Where did you see that his teammates are thinking he might be guilty? It's not that I don't believe you I just wasn't aware that any of his teammates have spoke out.

underrated29
lol Off topic....but I seriously Crack up everytime I see the list of people viewing a thread and there is the rocky mountians in there....

^^^
____

hilarious.

Dirk
He was suspended for 6 games, 4 games with good behavior.

I think it's funny that they plan on replacing him with Byron Leftwich. Where's Charlie Batch when you need him?

They have Chalie already. He is still there.

Dirk
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
No way does Ben fit the style of offense McD is putting on the field.

I agree about maybe St. Louis. Even Shanny should look at him. He could run his WCO.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Look for Oakland to trade the 8th overall pick to Pittsburgh for Ben Roethlisberger and the 18th overall pick.

Pittsburgh drafts Jimmy Clausen with the 8th overall pick...just a guess.

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM

;) If it was a first time issue with this clown I could almost give him pass not on the seriousness of the charge but it being an anomaly.

But he has had a bunch of things he has done wrong in a relatively short career. The motor cycle crash the first sex charge and now this .. NOPE goes to lack of character for me.

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Look for Oakland to trade the 8th overall pick to Pittsburgh for Ben Roethlisberger and the 18th overall pick.

Pittsburgh drafts Jimmy Clausen with the 8th overall pick...just a guess.

If they did this, PIT would be getting robbed. No way. Its a straight up deal for Ben i think. Pick for player.
8th pick for Ben. Thats it.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Really! Where did you see that his teammates are thinking he might be guilty? It's not that I don't believe you I just wasn't aware that any of his teammates have spoke out.

NFLN and ESPN have both been reporting that even a number of teammates are upset with him, if not more then the fans in Pittsburgh. He's been arrogant for sometime and was losing the lockerroom before the 'incident', now some are disgusted with him. No one specific player has said anything openly, but the media is reporting it as such.

Tempus Fugit
04-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't think so.

In terms of play specifics, what is it that Roethlisberger does that you think fits the offensive system?

Reads
Timing
Discipline

Which of the above, for example, are Roethlisberger strengths?

T.K.O.
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
:mad:

NO !

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
No way does Ben fit the style of offense McD is putting on the field.

I agree about maybe St. Louis. Even Shanny should look at him. He could run his WCO.

Why would Shanahan do that when just got McNabb? Besides that Roethlisberger is so radio active I don't think any team will go near him.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
If they did this, PIT would be getting robbed. No way. Its a straight up deal for Ben i think. Pick for player.
8th pick for Ben. Thats it.

I don't think they can afford to be picky, the fandom is split about him. The team is split about him, all indications are that even when he's done with his suspension that Pittsburgh fans will not want him back, what of the team?

The value difference is that trade is a low first round pick for Big Ben, so they are not getting robbed. So I don't see Pittsburgh as being robbed, they get first round value and can move to get a shot at Clausen.

Oakland gets it's future quarterback of their franchise, a proven winner. Something they needed and still have a pick in the draft to get a lineman.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
NFLN and ESPN have both been reporting that even a number of teammates are upset with him, if not more then the fans in Pittsburgh. He's been arrogant for sometime and was losing the lockerroom before the 'incident', now some are disgusted with him. No one specific player has said anything openly, but the media is reporting it as such.

Hey thanks for filling me in. :beer:

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't think they can afford to be picky, the fandom is split about him. The team is split about him, all indications are that even when he's done with his suspension that Pittsburgh fans will not want him back, what of the team?

The value difference is that trade is a low first round pick for Big Ben, so they are not getting robbed. So I don't see Pittsburgh as being robbed, they get first round value and can move to get a shot at Clausen.

Oakland it's the future quarterback of their franchise, a proven winner. Something they needed and still have a pick in the draft to get a lineman.

Look, Kobe Bryant did a similiar thing, and he WASNT traded. He had to go throught a freakin trial!!!, and the fans all over hated him. A season later NO ONE cared and they barely remembered.

Ben is a 2 time champ. He wins games, and hes a bitch to bring down in the pocket. Hes a leader for his team, and he knows how to run an offense.
He wins games, and hes done it in the Clutch many times. Dont forget all the games this guys won in the 4th. Like.....the freakin SB!!!!
You cant get around this in trade talks, and PIT knows it. He has huge value, and by seasons end, no matter where he is, the majority of folks all over, wil have mostly forgetten his off the field issues, and will have moved on.
I dont agree with it,but thats how it is.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Look, Kobe Bryant did a similiar thing, and he WASNT traded. He had to go throught a freakin trial!!!, and the fans all over hated him. A season later NO ONE cared and they barely remembered.

Ben is a 2 time champ. He wins games, and hes a bitch to bring down in the pocket. Hes a leader for his team, and he knows how to run an offense.
He wins games, and hes done it in the Clutch many times. Dont forget all the games this guys won in the 4th. Like.....the freakin SB!!!!
You cant get around this in trade talks, and PIT knows it. He has huge value, and by seasons end, no matter where he is, the majority of folks all over, wil have mostly forgetten his off the field issues, and will have moved on.

It's being reported that Pittsburgh has been in discussions with teams to trade him...seems that they want to get rid of him. Pittsburgh is going through a moral cleansing that is why Holmes was traded and Roethlisberger is very likely to be traded...if they can find any takers.

^^^
04-21-2010, 12:56 PM

Who is to say that people in Pittsburgh are the same as the people in LA?

^^^
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
It's being reported that Pittsburgh has been in discussions with teams to trade him...seems that they want to get rid of him. Pittsburgh is going through a moral cleansing that is why Holmes was traded and Roethlisberger is very likely to be traded...if they can find any takers.

OK, lets brainstorm possible destinations:

Oakland
Arizona-- Whisenhunt
Carolina -- iffy
Tennessee-- Probably not but ?
Houston-- Probably not but ?
Seattle -- Probably not but ?

I dont see Denver doing it after trading Marshall.

Basically, I think Oakland and Arizona make the most sense.

Northman
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Too risky. No

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
He is one BIMBO from a potential prison sentence, not even mentioning a Perm ban from the league.

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Who is to say that people in Pittsburgh are the same as the people in LA?

Or Chicago. Or anywhere. They all forget at about the same pace.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 01:12 PM

There's only two teams that I could see possibly take that kind of risk? The Raiders and the Cowboys.

^^^
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
There's only two teams that I could see possibly take that kind of risk? The Raiders and the Cowboys.

Why not the Cardinals? Warner just retired and Ken Whisenhunt is the coach there.

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Why not the Cardinals? Warner just retired and Ken Whisenhunt is the coach there.

Wisenhunt had a "strained" relationship with Ben in PIT

BroncoWave
04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
No, we want them to trade up into the top 10 and draft Clausen, sending more talent down our way at 11. (This assumes Clausen wouldn't have gone top 10 otherwise)

Nomad
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Davis is on the phone with Rooney as we speak!!

weazel
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Jacksonville...

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Jacksonville...

Georgia is just a stones throw away, and we all know how Ben loves Georgia.

Spiritguy
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM

I bet they are! If someone was foolish enough to give them a top 10 pick for him they would pee their pants and be giggling like little girls. :D

^^^
04-21-2010, 01:40 PM
I bet they are! If someone was foolish enough to give them a top 10 pick for him they would pee their pants and be giggling like little girls. :D

You can say that again.

T.K.O.
04-21-2010, 01:46 PM
You can say that again.

is that you big ben ?:laugh:

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 01:46 PM
How is it that people think every GOOD QB doesn't fit "McD's system?" What kind of QB does this magical system require?? How is it possible that Roth doesn't fit this 'system?' That just makes absolutely no sense...none. What kind of "system" does Ben require? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this kind of thinking...or... if its just something people say because they don't want him?

This team would be ten times better at QB with Roth on the team than we are now. Thats for certain.

Would be interesting to see him go to Cleveland.... or Miami.....Tennesee.....Arizona would absolutely LOVE him. Carolina or Jacksonville. Philly?(:lol:)

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 01:49 PM

Really? You think that teams love the idea of giving up a 2 time Super Bowl champion QB taht is just now entering his 7th season? Because I'm pretty sure, that the Pittsburgh Steelers would rather have the QB than the 'prayer' of finding that talent again.... especially when you know you have to go and try and replace that talent sometime. It only took them 30+ years to find it the last time they lost a Super Bowl champion QB.

Northman
04-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Really? You think that teams love the idea of giving up a 2 time Super Bowl champion QB taht is just now entering his 7th season? Because I'm pretty sure, that the Pittsburgh Steelers would rather have the QB than the 'prayer' of finding that talent again.... especially when you know you have to go and try and replace that talent sometime. It only took them 30+ years to find it the last time they lost a Super Bowl champion QB.

I agree with you but i also think the Rooney's are getting fed up by the bad decisions that Ben and Santonia have made in recent years. I really dont think they will trade him when all is said and done but i guess it just depends on how pissed Rooney gets and how much he wants to put up with. 4-6 games already sets them back in a division where Cincy and Bmore are right at the doorstep. Tough decision either way.

^^^
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
How is it that people think every GOOD QB doesn't fit "McD's system?" What kind of QB does this magical system require?? How is it possible that Roth doesn't fit this 'system?' That just makes absolutely no sense...none. What kind of "system" does Ben require? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this kind of thinking...or... if its just something people say because they don't want him?

This team would be ten times better at QB with Roth on the team than we are now. Thats for certain.

Would be interesting to see him go to Cleveland.... or Miami.....Tennesee.....Arizona would absolutely LOVE him. Carolina or Jacksonville. Philly?(:lol:)

I think in this case its because a lot of Ben's value comes from improvising by breaking tackles to buy more time. I think the assumption is that the NE system is more paint by numbers...its more progression driven.

Tempus Fugit
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM

Roethlisberger's biggest strength is his ability to improvise when things break down. It's not reading defenses, staying within the system, hitting receivers at the point of the break, etc...

Some QBs are made for some systems. It doesn't mean they suck, or that nobody else can play the Broncos system. Favre would not be a great fit for the system either, and he's an all-time great.

Spiritguy
04-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Rav, I doubt they love the idea at all. My point is that Ben has shown a pattern of shall we say innappropriate behavior that has the team owners embarrassed and ticked.

Do they want to go through the hassel of finding another QB? NO Do they want to continue the relationship with the likelyhood of more "problems". NO.

Would they be giddy if someone bought they're "problem child" for a top 10 pick so they were out from under their embarassment? Hell yes.

If I were a HC I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. WHY would anyone that isn't totally desperate (see big al in CA) want to take on the PR headache?

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
I agree with you but i also think the Rooney's are getting fed up by the bad decisions that Ben and Santonia have made in recent years. I really dont think they will trade him when all is said and done but i guess it just depends on how pissed Rooney gets and how much he wants to put up with. 4-6 games already sets them back in a division where Cincy and Bmore are right at the doorstep. Tough decision either way.

Agreed. At the end of the day I don't think Ben is will still be a Steeler come next season unless someone comes up with a boat load of picks. But right now I don't think most teams would consider taking him on because he's just way to radio active right now.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:01 PM

I agree. Like you, I don't know if they really get rid of him. Thats just a move that will really hurt your franchise, and in the end... thats tough to do.

Either way... I guess what I'm saying is.... even if they do trade him away, I don't think they will be "jumping up and down and giggling like a girl" for the trade. They still lose in that trade. But you are right, the Roonies may actually go through with it. I mean, they have 2 trophies from him and figure that its easier to trade away AFTER these trophies than before.

Seattle would be another interesting choice. They have 2 picks in the first round, and they could trade the dude they got from SD and get apick back?

Northman
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
I agree. Like you, I don't know if they really get rid of him. Thats just a move that will really hurt your franchise, and in the end... thats tough to do.

Either way... I guess what I'm saying is.... even if they do trade him away, I don't think they will be "jumping up and down and giggling like a girl" for the trade. They still lose in that trade. But you are right, the Roonies may actually go through with it. I mean, they have 2 trophies from him and figure that its easier to trade away AFTER these trophies than before.

Seattle would be another interesting choice. They have 2 picks in the first round, and they could trade the dude they got from SD and get apick back?

That i agree with. They wont be happy about it as the guy has brought them 2 more rings since he's been there.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Rav, I doubt they love the idea at all. My point is that Ben has shown a pattern of shall we say innappropriate behavior that has the team owners embarrassed and ticked.

Do they want to go through the hassel of finding another QB? NO Do they want to continue the relationship with the likelyhood of more "problems". NO.

Would they be giddy if someone bought they're "problem child" for a top 10 pick so they were out from under their embarassment? Hell yes.

If I were a HC I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. WHY would anyone that isn't totally desperate (see big al in CA) want to take on the PR headache?

Like someone pointed out... teams have done it lots of times. Whether its Baseball, or basketball...teams have stuck with players that have gone through worse. The PR is rough at first, but by next year its faded and replaced by the drama of another player somewhere else.

I would take the chance if I were a GM. You don't win in this league without a top QB, and Ben is a top QB. LIke breaking up with a girlfriend. Time heals all wounds. Winning makes it heal that much faster.

Spiritguy
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I hear ya rav, Probably just wishful thinking on my part that the "system" would gain some morals and NOT find it acceptable to have the "problem children" in the system just because they are good at the game whether it be football, baseball etc...

Spiritguy
04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't want to be the HC or GM making that deal if he got busted for a similar situation again. Especially if it included jail time.

Mike
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I would be disappointed with the team if they brought him in. I would still cheer for the Broncos, but never would cheer for him.

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Georgia is just a stones throw away, and we all know how Ben loves Georgia. or sally, mary, jane, suzie, and the list goes on.......

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Rooney is real old school and wants his team to be free of ass clowns.

ben is after this event at least a three time loser.

The older owners want image and will make it happen, in spite of a LOSS of talent. Just as we saw from Pat last year in trading jay.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2010, 05:50 PM
My Bronco fandom would be used in the past tense if we trade for the rapist.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Do those who argued with me still believe that the Santonio trade was simply to take some attention away from Pitt when they don't do a thing to Ben?

Overtime
04-21-2010, 06:04 PM
yes I say we go after him.

he's

1.) BETTER than orton will ever be.
2.) big, strong, built (John Elway type guy)
3.) has 2 SUPER BOWL RINGS
4.) Proven leader on the field
5.) Has confidence and poise under pressure
6.) Has a hell of an arm
7.) Did I mention he has 2 super bowl rings
8.) pretty damn good playoff record

minor risk with character issue stuff, like no one in the NFL ever screwed up before right?

McDaniels is an idiot if he doesn't make a move for Roethlisberger.

slim
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM

he's

6.) Has a hell of an arm

minor risk with character issue stuff, like no one in the NFL ever screwed up before right?

:laugh:

broncophan
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
I would be disappointed with the team if they brought him in. I would still cheer for the Broncos, but never would cheer for him.

Yep........I said the same thing about Vick......when teams were looking at him.....
we just got rid of one character issue......we don't need another.....I don't care how he does on the field....

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd offer Pittsburgh our 2nd rounder for next year for Roethlisberger. We've got Orton and Quinn to cover for the 4-6 games of suspension. Value is down for everyone right now (even McNabb went for a second). If Pittsburgh says no, no harm - no foul.

Roethlisberger is an elite talent at the QB position. He still has the potential to be great if he gets his shit together, now. Nobody should give up a first for him right now, but if the Steelers really want him traded, they'll have to take what the market can bear. It just might be an opportunity to get a steal on a no kidding "franchise" QB.

Of course, I really don't give a damn what he does off the field. I don't think you need to be a boy scout to be an athlete. Ben can turn his career around and I don't think a second round pick NEXT YEAR would be too much of a gamble if he screws up again.

I know I'll get flamed for even considering this, but we really don't have anything to lose.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 06:33 PM

he's

6.) Has a hell of an arm

The reason why the suspension is so stiff is because they felt he was guilty enough to be worthy of such. I personally feel rape is far worse then killing dogs and running a dog fighting ring...and I still wouldn't want Vick's ass here. There are just some things that are not really mistakes and are down right F'n criminal and unforgiveable.

broncophan
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
The reason why the suspension is so stiff is because they felt he was guilty enough to be worthy of such. I personally feel rape is far worse then killing dogs and running a dog fighting ring...and I still wouldn't want Vick's ass here. There are just some things that are not really mistakes and are down right F'n criminal and unforgiveable.

the fact that he has to go for a "comprehensive behavioral exam" should be a total embarrassment for him.....as if he is not already embarassed.
I could not imagine my boss or company president telling me I had to go for a behavioral exam....

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 06:43 PM

We can't convict him of rape. Even GEM pointed this out in another thread. To say he's a 'rapist' is criminal in its own right. I see this a lot on the boards, people wanting to make judgments passed by the info passed along by the press. What I DO know, is that the press LOVES to make the truth to make things more interesting. I have seen, first hand, knowing the true facts and listening to the 'news' make up facts, stretch truths, and flat out lie to make the story interesting for the listeners/readers. They don't care, as long as they make their story. THey don't care if it ruins a life, or family of those people, or the lingering effect it has. Their retractions are buried, and they don't care.

So I'm pretty sensitive to people convicting a person based on not knowing what really happened. ITs pretty easy to do, and as it is today... especially with high-profile people... you are NOT innocent until proven guilty. You are guilty from the moment you are accused, and you have to PROVE your innocence. Even when there isn't even enough evidence to take you to court and have you judged before your peers, people claim you guilty..... simply because of the media.

We've seen students point fingers at teachers, proclaiming sexual assault purely because they didn't like the teacher. THat guy loses his life. Has to move. Can nver work in schools again purely because a person 'points a finger.'

I'm not saying Roth is innocent. I'm certainly not saying he neeeds to watch his judgment...... but I absolutely will not, for a moment, infer that he is a rapist purely based on the very very small amount of evidence. THats one of the worst things you can claim about a person without knowing the truth.

THat being said..... I personally would hire Ben. He fills the largest role on any team in the NFL, and makes you contenders.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 06:49 PM
We can't convict him of rape. Even GEM pointed this out in another thread. To say he's a 'rapist' is criminal in its own right. I see this a lot on the boards, people wanting to make judgments passed by the info passed along by the press. What I DO know, is that the press LOVES to make the truth to make things more interesting. I have seen, first hand, knowing the true facts and listening to the 'news' make up facts, stretch truths, and flat out lie to make the story interesting for the listeners/readers. They don't care, as long as they make their story. THey don't care if it ruins a life, or family of those people, or the lingering effect it has. Their retractions are buried, and they don't care.

So I'm pretty sensitive to people convicting a person based on not knowing what really happened. ITs pretty easy to do, and as it is today... especially with high-profile people... you are NOT innocent until proven guilty. You are guilty from the moment you are accused, and you have to PROVE your innocence. Even when there isn't even enough evidence to take you to court and have you judged before your peers, people claim you guilty..... simply because of the media.

We've seen students point fingers at teachers, proclaiming sexual assault purely because they didn't like the teacher. THat guy loses his life. Has to move. Can nver work in schools again purely because a person 'points a finger.'

I'm not saying Roth is innocent. I'm certainly not saying he neeeds to watch his judgment...... but I absolutely will not, for a moment, infer that he is a rapist purely based on the very very small amount of evidence. THats one of the worst things you can claim about a person without knowing the truth.

THat being said..... I personally would hire Ben. He fills the largest role on any team in the NFL, and makes you contenders.

Domestic issues and violence are not uncommon, there could be so many truths, half-truths and lies from either side of the spectrum. Being accused of rape not once but twice? There's a problem there, no matter if convicted or not...

If this was year's past and he'd proven that he was doing the right things now and keeping his nose clean, then I would be possibly more open to it.

But come on...rape? It's worse then murder in my honest opinion.

BroncoJoe
04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
No.

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Domestic issues and violence are not uncommon, there could be so many truths, half-truths and lies from either side of the spectrum. Being accused of rape not once but twice? There's a problem there, no matter if convicted or not...

If this was year's past and he'd proven that he was doing the right things now and keeping his nose clean, then I would be possibly more open to it.

Absolutely it is. But again, twice you are convicting him with your words without a SINGLE charge. Law enforcement doesn't take rape lightly either, yet neither had enough to even charge? If you read the story of the first one, that chic's story was obviously set up to set him up.

Again... you aren't going to convince me to convict him like you have, based on media hype. I know better. GEM isn't one to take rape lightly, but even she admits that the story from the girl is pretty sketchy. Rape is a very serious thing to accuse someone of..... especially when you are going purely on speculation and the "well, she said and its not the first time" line of thinking. THats pretty thin evidence to accuse someone of a crime that you consider worse than murder.

Its easy to do. I see it on these boards all the time. The moment a person is accused or charged, they are guilty.... period. Shows me that most have a lack of experience. Feeling (as I once did) that if you are charged, you must be guilty or they wouldn't charge you. I've learned now, that is the furthest from the truth.

Its like the bozo's that want to continue to call Ray Lewis a murderer....its absurd. You guys must think these football players are masterminds of crime. They continue to pull off these large criminal acts, without previous intentions... and yet are able to do them without even the slightest amount of evidence or enough for even the prosecutors to charge.

But hey. If you want to convict him, thats your right. Thats what the media world has com to. Guilty until proven innocent.

Overtime
04-21-2010, 07:07 PM

unless the man was put on trial and convicted, people need to get off his back. he's innocent "until proven guilty" in a court of law by a jury of his peers.

the D.A. felt there wasn't sufficient evidence to bring charges, therefore he remains innocent until otherwise proven.

i hate how people seem to forget we have a judicial system in this country and that a person has a right to the due process of law until they are found guilty.

personally I think he's put himself in some bad situations and some of these women are trying to pull shady shit just because he's a high profile athlete and is famous and has a ton of money.

i find it real funny that none of these women's stories are holding enough water to bring about any charges.

only reason Goodell suspended him is for his conduct of putting himself in the situations repeatedly. Sucks to be famous, but you can't just put yourself out there and make yourself vulnerable, and I believe Goodell is doing it to get Ben to think about where he's going, where he's been, and what he's doing so he doesn't end up getting taken advantage of by some of these damn gold digging women.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 07:11 PM
unless the man was put on trial and convicted, people need to get off his back. he's innocent "until proven guilty" in a court of law by a jury of his peers.

the D.A. felt there wasn't sufficient evidence to bring charges, therefore he remains innocent until otherwise proven.

i hate how people seem to forget we have a judicial system in this country and that a person has a right to the due process of law until they are found guilty.

personally I think he's put himself in some bad situations and some of these women are trying to pull shady shit just because he's a high profile athlete and is famous and has a ton of money.

i find it real funny that none of these women's stories are holding enough water to bring about any charges.

only reason Goodell suspended him is for his conduct of putting himself in the situations repeatedly. Sucks to be famous, but you can't just put yourself out there and make yourself vulnerable, and I believe Goodell is doing it to get Ben to think about where he's going, where he's been, and what he's doing so he doesn't end up getting taken advantage of by some of these damn gold digging women.

That's innocent till enough evidence is gathered... If it was just once, okay...twice?

Overtime
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
That's innocent till enough evidence is gathered... If it was just once, okay...twice?

think about it dude, put yourself in Ben's shoes. you're a big strong guy, you're famous, filthy rich, you're tall and you're handsome, and you play QB for an NFL team.

immediate target.

what probably and most likely REALLY happened? Ben hits on girl, girl flirts back, they hook up, morning comes Ben says later, girl says can I have your number, Ben says nah, you were a one night thing, girl cries, Ben leaves, girl calls cops claiming she was raped by high profile QB, wants to press charges. However, girl's story doesn't hold more water than a thimble, DA says no charges.

think about it. If Ben was a rapist, there would be more than just 2 with claims. the others would be coming out of the woodwork, because the smell of money would lure them out, and the lawyers would be out for blood. a rapist doesn't just rape 1 or 2, he keeps doing it, thinking he's invincible, and no one will catch him. Before a year ago, we never heard anything like this, so you want me to assume that Roethlisberger just woke up said aw ****, i won 2 super bowls, made a pro bowl or two, nothing else to accomplish, so i'm gonna go rape a couple women for shits and grins??? get the **** out of here with your water logged logic.

i think poor Mr. Roethlisberger is nothing more than a victim of circumstance, and bad luck. Women are scandalous nowadays, and I've seen parents teach their 14 and 15 and 16 year old daughters, about to get all they can out of a guy (money, drugs, sex, material things, place to live, car to drive) so a guy will take care of them. I have friends who teach their daughters this shit and it makes me sick to my stomach, and the single easiest way to **** a guys life up short of him being charged with murder is to accuse him of rape.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Absolutely it is. But again, twice you are convicting him with your words without a SINGLE charge. Law enforcement doesn't take rape lightly either, yet neither had enough to even charge? If you read the story of the first one, that chic's story was obviously set up to set him up.

Again... you aren't going to convince me to convict him like you have, based on media hype. I know better. GEM isn't one to take rape lightly, but even she admits that the story from the girl is pretty sketchy. Rape is a very serious thing to accuse someone of..... especially when you are going purely on speculation and the "well, she said and its not the first time" line of thinking. THats pretty thin evidence to accuse someone of a crime that you consider worse than murder.

Its easy to do. I see it on these boards all the time. The moment a person is accused or charged, they are guilty.... period. Shows me that most have a lack of experience. Feeling (as I once did) that if you are charged, you must be guilty or they wouldn't charge you. I've learned now, that is the furthest from the truth.

Its like the bozo's that want to continue to call Ray Lewis a murderer....its absurd. You guys must think these football players are masterminds of crime. They continue to pull off these large criminal acts, without previous intentions... and yet are able to do them without even the slightest amount of evidence or enough for even the prosecutors to charge.

But hey. If you want to convict him, thats your right. Thats what the media world has com to. Guilty until proven innocent.

The media didn't hold a presser to announce all of the sorted details of the case. The police dept did. And that's not common at all. They did it because they didn't think they had enough to get a conviction, but they know the truth. And the truth, IMHO is that Ben is a rapist. If they weren't sure, they'd never have put on the show they did. They felt Ben deserved to get some sort of punishment and this was the best they could do given the fact that the victim chose to avoid the circus that was the case.

People wanna say Ben is the victim of women who are trying to get paid. That's all bullshit. Last I checked he is the ONLY major athelete getting accused of this stuff and he's had multiple accusations. And not just the 2 that are all over the news. There are more. Plenty more that were paid to get swept away. Trust me.

Then again, I work w/ sex offenders in prison every day and feel that I know what I'm talking about. I know how the legal system works and I know that creeps like he just can't help themselves. It's their nature. It's Ben's nature. To a point, I can understand if Pitt wanted to show loyalty to him and try to help him change his life around. It's a completely different thing to go after a guy w/ these kinds of issues. I can't root for a team that would do that.

Overtime
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
The media didn't hold a presser to announce all of the sorted details of the case. The police dept did. And that's not common at all. They did it because they didn't think they had enough to get a conviction, but they know the truth. And the truth, IMHO is that Ben is a rapist. If they weren't sure, they'd never have put on the show they did. They felt Ben deserved to get some sort of punishment and this was the best they could do given the fact that the victim chose to avoid the circus that was the case.

"It doesn't matter what you know, it matters what you can PROVE in a court of law" - Clyde Shelton (Law Abiding Citizen).

People wanna say Ben is the victim of women who are trying to get paid. That's all bullshit. Last I checked he is the ONLY major athelete getting accused of this stuff and he's had multiple accusations. And not just the 2 that are all over the news. There are more. Plenty more that were paid to get swept away. Trust me.

Then again, I work w/ sex offenders in prison every day and feel that I know what I'm talking about. I know how the legal system works and I know that creeps like he just can't help themselves. It's their nature. It's Ben's nature. To a point, I can understand if Pitt wanted to show loyalty to him and try to help him change his life around. It's a completely different thing to go after a guy w/ these kinds of issues. I can't root for a team that would do that.dude unless you were there when these women were raped, you don't know jack shit. you're judging a man before you've ever seen or examined a SINGLE SHRED of evidence, and it apalls me that you're a prison guard at a correctional facility. you should be fired from that job, because it's painfully clear you're not the kind of person that needs to be a prison guard. i bet at least 15% of the prisoners in for rape in the prison you work in, are innocent of the rape charges that were brought against them, and that they were convicted of, but you probably think they're all the same. people like you make me sick. I hope God judges you more leniently than you've judged people you don't even know on your judgement day. :tsk:

and the Denver Broncos don't need fans like you anyways. go root for the Raiders or something.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
"It doesn't matter what you know, it matters what you can PROVE in a court of law" - Clyde Shelton (Law Abiding Citizen).

dude unless you were there when these women were raped, you don't know jack shit. you're judging a man before you've ever seen or examined a SINGLE SHRED of evidence, and it apalls me that you're a prison guard at a correctional facility. you should be fired from that job, because it's painfully clear you're not the kind of person that needs to be a prison guard. i bet at least 15% of the prisoners in for rape in the prison you work in, are innocent of the rape charges that were brought against them, and that they were convicted of, but you probably think they're all the same. people like you make me sick. I hope God judges you more leniently than you've judged people you don't even know on your judgement day. :tsk:

First off, who said I was a prison guard?

Secondly, I am actually a counselor who facilitates SO groups and I DO NOT have that opinion. But feel free to make jjudgements on me and then bash me for doing the same.

I judge the man off of the evidence that they announced in a press conference. i don't need to feel her torn panties. The police said what happened. Ben hasn't disputed any of what they said by the way.

Personally, I feel sorry for you. I gather from your assessment that you view women as money grubbing liars. What about all of the GUILTY folks who get off because they threaten their victims, have $$ for great attorneys or simply have victims who don't want to relive their trauma in front of an audience? You neglect to mention them. So get off of your soapbox telling me how terrible of a person that I am and actually open your mind up. Not everything is balck and white. Not enough evidence so the victim is actually the perp? really? I think you should be the one to take a long look in the mirror.

And I know, having actual morals makes me a horrific fan. Cuz I say I'm gonna stop rooting for Denver when every little thing goes wrong. That's what I'm about.

Overtime
04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
First off, who said I was a prison guard?

Secondly, I am actually a counselor who facilitates SO groups and I DO NOT have that opinion. But feel free to make jjudgements on me and then bash me for doing the same.

I judge the man off of the evidence that they announced in a press conference. i don't need to feel her torn panties. The police said what happened. Ben hasn't disputed any of what they said by the way.

Personally, I feel sorry for you. I gather from your assessment that you view women as money grubbing liars. What about all of the GUILTY folks who get off because they threaten their victims, have $$ for great attorneys or simply have victims who don't want to relive their trauma in front of an audience? You neglect to mention them. So get off of your soapbox telling me how terrible of a person that I am and actually open your mind up. Not everything is balck and white. Not enough evidence so the victim is actually the perp? really? I think you should be the one to take a long look in the mirror.

And I know, having actual morals makes me a horrific fan. Cuz I say I'm gonna stop rooting for Denver when every little thing goes wrong. That's what I'm about.

well you said you worked in a prison with sex offenders, so figured you was a guard because i didnt know of any other jobs that were in a prison working with sex offenders.

but how many times have we seen gung ho D.A.'s go ambulance chasing after a case, and then it turns out they don't have sufficient evidence, or none at all.

how about all the men and women in prison who were in prison for lengthy periods of time for crimes they didn't commit?

you don't know Roethlisberger, you've never met the man, so you're speaking on hatred and emotion and not logic and common sense, but it's painfully obvious you have none to begin with, because you're just like the media...they're all GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY.

slim
04-21-2010, 07:45 PM
well you said you worked in a prison with sex offenders, so figured you was a guard because i didnt know of any other jobs that were in a prison working with sex offenders.

but how many times have we seen gung ho D.A.'s go ambulance chasing after a case, and then it turns out they don't have sufficient evidence, or none at all.

how about all the men and women in prison who were in prison for lengthy periods of time for crimes they didn't commit?

you don't know Roethlisberger, you've never met the man, so you're speaking on hatred and emotion and not logic and common sense, but it's painfully obvious you have none to begin with, because you're just like the media...they're all GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY.

Hypocrisy is awesome.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Like we need a rapist to stand in the pocket for fifteen seconds pump faking.

Nomad
04-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Damn too bad Marshall left, we could have a suspected rapist/sexual assaulter throwing to a women beater and they could both go get drunk afterwards and go after women....what could have been!:ponder:

Yeah pro athletes are always the victim of gold diggers:rolleyes:! I'm sure they believe in their our minds they are gods gift to women due to their status and they can do whatever with a women whether it be forceful flirting (ie unwanted touching, language etc) or being aggressive sexually! I've seen it when some of my teammates in high schools being at parties and they didn't have cash just status being on a team just think of what these celebrity atheletes think of themselves!!

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 08:39 PM

Still Cane that doesn't mean he's guilty. The first alleged victim went right to filing a civil suit instead of pursing it criminally. I think that begs the question why? And as GEM pointed out in different thread in this other case the alleged victim and her friends followed him to three different bars. The only thing I can accuse him of for sure is being a dumb ass not once but twice. That being said I think his punishment by the League is appropriate.

Nomad
04-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Still Cane that doesn't mean he's guilty. The first alleged victim went right to filing a civil suit instead of pursing it criminally. I think that begs the question why? And as GEM pointed out in different thread in this other case the alleged victim and her friends followed him to three different bars. The only thing I can accuse him of for sure is being a dumb ass not once but twice. That being said I think his punishment by the League is appropriate.

And reports out of Georgia are the investigation was botched!!

Lancane
04-21-2010, 08:51 PM

He's a dumbass using his last lifeline...there is a risk, the NFL looked over the police report and investigation notes. Originally they were talking a two to three game suspension, they went from that to a six game suspension that could become longer or shorter? Okay, this tells me the NFL thinks he's guilty and found enough to believe that. The NFL has enough attorneys to start two private firms, you know they went through it all carefully. Not only does a team get him and not get to use him for six games, but I'll guaran'damn'tee you that if he has another off-field problem they may not just suspend him for a year if not longer. Too much of a risk, too many coincidences to feel comfortable in my honest opinion.

Davii
04-21-2010, 09:00 PM
No. Not at all. Not a chance. I would not want to see Ben in Denver at all. If by chance they were to bring him here to me, it would instantly invalidate the "character" issues other people have been jettisoned for. You don't get much bigger character issues than what Ben has been accused of.

Regardless of whether or not he was charged with a crime there can be no question that his conduct was not what it should have been, and the man has some serious character flaws and issues.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 09:07 PM

I understand, but a person is still innocent until proven guilty.

As I said in my first post I still would not want him here.

Northman
04-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Yea, im not in favor of him being here either but its silly for people to sit here and try to proclaim his innocence or guilt. Like Jones, Henry, etc Ben is facing suspension for putting himself in circumstances that bring a dark cloud over the NFL franchise as a whole.

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 09:18 PM

Another report is beginning to surface that there is a 3rd girl! This girl was after the Harrah's girl in Reno and before the girl in GA. The early report is this girl is from a well to do Vegas family and is a goody goody. The family immediately hired a PI and he has been working on the case nearly 6 months. This story could get much more interesting!

As for Ben in Denver, NO WAY!

bkmj22
04-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Another report is beginning to surface that there is a 3rd girl! This girl was after the Harrah's girl in Reno and before the girl in GA. The early report is this girl is from a well to do Vegas family and is a goody goody. The family immediately hired a PI and he has been working on the case nearly 6 months. This story could get much more interesting!

Ha! like an NFL player would party in Vegas, and get in trouble... oh wait.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Yea, im not in favor of him being here either but its silly for people to sit here and try to proclaim his innocence or guilt. Like Jones, Henry, etc Ben is facing suspension for putting himself in circumstances that bring a dark cloud over the NFL franchise as a whole.

That's why I wouldn't want him in Denver.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 09:28 PM

Of course he's guilty...look at that mug, Orton's a fugly-mother and get's more play...Big Ben couldn't even pay for a little honey...getting a drunk chick is the best he could do!

:shocked:

Hahaha...

honz
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Orton > Brady > Quinn > Rothlissburger

Lancane
04-21-2010, 09:33 PM

Clausen > Tebow > McCoy > Skelton > Snead > Quinn > Brandstater > Orton > JaMarcus Russell > Big Ben...

:laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2010, 09:33 PM

At taking sacks? Yep, I agree whole-heartedly. ;)

Overtime
04-21-2010, 09:46 PM

well let's see the link to this so called report that is beginning to surface then.

Lonestar
04-21-2010, 09:59 PM

Then again, I work w/ sex offenders in prison every day and feel that I know what I'm talking about. I know how the legal system works and I know that creeps like he just can't help themselves. It's their nature. It's Ben's nature. To a point, I can understand if Pitt wanted to show loyalty to him and try to help him change his life around. It's a completely different thing to go after a guy w/ these kinds of issues. I can't root for a team that would do that.

Great post you know from whence they came.

You see it every day sex offenders are just that in many cases big strong strapping guys that should not have to do it.

But something is wrong in this kids DNA or head who knows perhaps the consuling will fix it, but I would not hold my breath.

I have seen what rape can do to a person and to a family close up. Had a neighbor that had two sisters raped and beaten by a kid.

The guy got off on a insane plea, still did several years in a state run facility "getting" right. But he came out again and wound up dead after friends got to him before the police arrived on the scene.

Did Ben do it who knows but TWO allegations that he was charged with and released is two to many. God only knows how many before it started to get public.

That on top of the Broken shoulder collar bone while riding a motor cycle when he was a rookie tells me he did not learn impulse control.

SOrry I hope he never plays again and others learn from his stupidity.

As for Goodell IIRC it is 6 games with the possibility of a reduction and additional weeks, if he does not get through the mental tests OK.

Sounds like a HUGE risk to me someone that I would not touch even if he had John Elways talent.

Astrass
04-21-2010, 10:10 PM
As with Mike vick, if the Broncos went after Ben I'd probably consider rooting for another team.... both are douche bags. i'd not want to be associated with a team that condones their actions and chooses to pay them to not only have the privilege for playing for the Broncos but representing us, our FO and our fans.

Playing in the NFL is almost like winning the lotto....most of us would do anything to have had the chance to even play one down. I think these players now a days need a lil ass kicking to remember this.

jhildebrand
04-21-2010, 11:10 PM
well let's see the link to this so called report that is beginning to surface then.

Looney had a report on FOX on JT the Brick's show. Do your own homework and go find it :coffee: I personally don't care enough to do it for you!

[EDIT: This was so hard it took all of 5 seconds to find.]

A drunk Roethlisberger -- who has twice been accused of sexually assaulting women in two other incidents but has never been charged by police -- allegedly refused to let a woman leave his house after she drove him home from a party, according to a police report.

The Pittsburgh Steelers QB then allegedly whipped his pants down and told her "she could do whatever she wants," according to the police report, which doesn't say when the incident occurred.

A week later, Roethlisberger invited the woman -- who is in her early 20s and works at a golf course near his off-season home -- to a party at his house.

At the soiree, he invited her to his room, then stuck his hand up her skirt and became angry when she pushed him away, according to the police report.

She "went home and told her father, but her father chose not to pursue the issue," according to the police.

When cops contacted her, the woman refused to be interviewed because she didn't want to get dragged into a high-profile case, according to the records of the sex-assault investigation obtained by the Web site The Smoking Gun.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/17/georgia-police-learn-of-second-roethlisberger-assault-claim/

link to the same article. There is more. The father is now rumored to be re-considering charges (not sure how as his daughter is an adult).

dogfish
04-21-2010, 11:55 PM

don't know if this is the same story or not. . .

Boston attorney says he investigated another Roethlisberger incident
Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 11:13 AM ET
So with the possibility of a Georgia prosecution official gone and only a civil lawsuit in Nevada remaining, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can exhale and focus only on playing football and not barhopping, right?

Maybe not.

Boston lawyer Harry Manion told WEEI's Dennis & Callahan Show on Tuesday that Manion was involved in an investigation regarding another Big Ben incident.

Said Manion: "[T]here is a history here this is just super troubling."

Manion specifically referred to an incident from 2009, also in Nevada. "Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine and a close friend to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story," Manion said.

Manion believes that, if Roethlisberger ever is going to change his ways, the near miss in Georgia will be the impetus.

"Unless he's totally brain dead -- and we don't know -- he would be scared," Manion said. "Because he has really walked a perilous line here. There's a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience. And you know, there's only so far that he said/she said will get you. There's only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid. And there's only so far that, 'Gee, we're celebrities, we have a target on our back,' will get you. When you see this much smoke, month after month and continuously . . . . It's the scene that he's gotten himself caught up with, and the belief that he can walk, and so far, so good. But it's hurting him. He's hurt. He has been damaged. And the next one, the wrath of God's going to come down on him, if there is a next one."

It's compelling stuff, and we agree with Manion's take. That said, the guy has a set of large brass ones to talk about allegations that never were pursued in criminal or civil court. A certain degree of immunity applies to statement made in conjunction with official legal proceedings. Manion has placed himself at risk for a defamation claim, especially by suggesting that there are incidents beyond the Vegas case that he personally handled.

Then again, the primary injury in a defamation case occurs to the reputation of the plaintiff. Like Pacman Jones threatening to sue ESPN in early 2009 after the network released more information about an alleged Atlanta strip club shooting from 2007, Jones would be able to prove no damage to the manner in which any potential untruths harmed his reputation because his reputation already was horrendous.

Ben faces the same challenge. Suing Manion or anyone else who claims that he has a more extensive history of Milledgeville-style encounters would expose Roethlisberger's entire sexual history and his broader reputation to scrutiny. As Roger Clemens has learned the hard way, nothing good comes from that approach -- especially if hanging in the closet next to the devil-face T-shirt is a collection of skeletons.

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=football&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.profootballtalk.com%2Frumormil l.htm

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM
don't know if this is the same story or not. . .

Boston attorney says he investigated another Roethlisberger incident
Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 11:13 AM ET
So with the possibility of a Georgia prosecution official gone and only a civil lawsuit in Nevada remaining, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can exhale and focus only on playing football and not barhopping, right?

Maybe not.

Boston lawyer Harry Manion told WEEI's Dennis & Callahan Show on Tuesday that Manion was involved in an investigation regarding another Big Ben incident.

Said Manion: "[T]here is a history here this is just super troubling."

Manion specifically referred to an incident from 2009, also in Nevada. "Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine and a close friend to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story," Manion said.

Manion believes that, if Roethlisberger ever is going to change his ways, the near miss in Georgia will be the impetus.

"Unless he's totally brain dead -- and we don't know -- he would be scared," Manion said. "Because he has really walked a perilous line here. There's a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience. And you know, there's only so far that he said/she said will get you. There's only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid. And there's only so far that, 'Gee, we're celebrities, we have a target on our back,' will get you. When you see this much smoke, month after month and continuously . . . . It's the scene that he's gotten himself caught up with, and the belief that he can walk, and so far, so good. But it's hurting him. He's hurt. He has been damaged. And the next one, the wrath of God's going to come down on him, if there is a next one."

It's compelling stuff, and we agree with Manion's take. That said, the guy has a set of large brass ones to talk about allegations that never were pursued in criminal or civil court. A certain degree of immunity applies to statement made in conjunction with official legal proceedings. Manion has placed himself at risk for a defamation claim, especially by suggesting that there are incidents beyond the Vegas case that he personally handled.

Then again, the primary injury in a defamation case occurs to the reputation of the plaintiff. Like Pacman Jones threatening to sue ESPN in early 2009 after the network released more information about an alleged Atlanta strip club shooting from 2007, Jones would be able to prove no damage to the manner in which any potential untruths harmed his reputation because his reputation already was horrendous.

Ben faces the same challenge. Suing Manion or anyone else who claims that he has a more extensive history of Milledgeville-style encounters would expose Roethlisberger's entire sexual history and his broader reputation to scrutiny. As Roger Clemens has learned the hard way, nothing good comes from that approach -- especially if hanging in the closet next to the devil-face T-shirt is a collection of skeletons.

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=football&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.profootballtalk.com%2Frumormil l.htm

It looks like they are the same.

I think more may come to light soon. Big Ben may be holding his breath as we speak.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Looney had a report on FOX on JT the Brick's show. Do your own homework and go find it :coffee: I personally don't care enough to do it for you!

[EDIT: This was so hard it took all of 5 seconds to find.]

A drunk Roethlisberger -- who has twice been accused of sexually assaulting women in two other incidents but has never been charged by police -- allegedly refused to let a woman leave his house after she drove him home from a party, according to a police report.

The Pittsburgh Steelers QB then allegedly whipped his pants down and told her "she could do whatever she wants," according to the police report, which doesn't say when the incident occurred.

A week later, Roethlisberger invited the woman -- who is in her early 20s and works at a golf course near his off-season home -- to a party at his house.

At the soiree, he invited her to his room, then stuck his hand up her skirt and became angry when she pushed him away, according to the police report.

She "went home and told her father, but her father chose not to pursue the issue," according to the police.

When cops contacted her, the woman refused to be interviewed because she didn't want to get dragged into a high-profile case, according to the records of the sex-assault investigation obtained by the Web site The Smoking Gun.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/17/georgia-police-learn-of-second-roethlisberger-assault-claim/

link to the same article. There is more. The father is now rumored to be re-considering charges (not sure how as his daughter is an adult).

r u kidding me? are these women just stupid bimbos or something? if he tried to get you to have sex with him the first time and you didn't want to, then WHY IN THE **** would you go BACK OVER TO HIS HOUSE AGAIN????? are you ******* kidding me???

if someone did that shit to me, i would not be going back over to their house! people either have no common sense, or they're just really ******* god damn stupid!!!

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
r u kidding me? are these women just stupid bimbos or something? if he tried to get you to have sex with him the first time and you didn't want to, then WHY IN THE **** would you go BACK OVER TO HIS HOUSE AGAIN????? are you ******* kidding me???

if someone did that shit to me, i would not be going back over to their house! people either have no common sense, or they're just really ******* god damn stupid!!!

A Kanye song about Gold Digger's comes to mind.

However, I will try to find the podcast from Looney. This girl seems to be different. Not a party girl. Not drinking. From all appearances the father is in control and has taken his time with this.

Look at all the girls that came out on Tiger! Whose to say more don't come out? Ben will be forced to sue or deal with it.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 12:19 AM
A Kanye song about Gold Digger's comes to mind.

However, I will try to find the podcast from Looney. This girl seems to be different. Not a party girl. Not drinking. From all appearances the father is in control and has taken his time with this.

i dont care if she's a party girl or not. she went back to his house AFTER an initial advance was made, and put herself in the position for it to happen again, which apparently it did. that's just stupid. these women need to have some personal accountability and responsibility for themselves. Roethlisbergers defense attorney will eat this shit alive in court.

the father has no say so if she's 18 or older. she's an adult, a big girl, she needs to handle her own shit, not run to daddy to make it better.

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:22 AM
i dont care if she's a party girl or not. she went back to his house AFTER an initial advance was made, and put herself in the position for it to happen again, which apparently it did. that's just stupid. these women need to have some personal accountability and responsibility for themselves. Roethlisbergers defense attorney will eat this shit alive in court.

the father has no say so if she's 18 or older. she's an adult, a big girl, she needs to handle her own shit, not run to daddy to make it better.

So it's the victims fault? :confused:

At what point does Rapistberger just keep his hands to himself and this ish doesn't happen? :confused:

Overtime
04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
So it's the victims fault? :confused:

At what point does Rapistberger just keep his hands to himself and this ish doesn't happen? :confused:

the first time was his fault, the second time i'm inclined to say it's hers because she put her dumbass back in that position so she obviously wanted it. :coffee: and if she didn't want it the second time, then why did she go over there, knowing full well what happened the last time she went there? :confused:

if I walk down a street through the ghetto, and i get my ass beat, i don't walk down that same street a week later expecting a different result, i find another ******* route!!

jhildebrand
04-22-2010, 12:31 AM
the first time was his fault, the second time i'm inclined to say it's hers because she put her dumbass back in that position so she obviously wanted it. :coffee:

So do you have sexual contact with everyone you invite over for a second time? :confused:

Saying she wanted it is a bit of a leap. We don't know under what circumstances she was brought back.

Also, why is it she is at fault? She told him no once. Shouldn't he know she isn't interested?

and if she didn't want it the second time, then why did she go over there, knowing full well what happened the last time she went there? :confused:

We don't know the circumstances.

if I walk down a street through the ghetto, and i get my ass beat, i don't walk down that same street a week later expecting a different result, i find another ******* route!!

I didn't know sexual assault and walking down the street were so similar. :lol:

Lonestar
04-22-2010, 12:34 AM
the first time was his fault, the second time i'm inclined to say it's hers because she put her dumbass back in that position so she obviously wanted it. :coffee: and if she didn't want it the second time, then why did she go over there, knowing full well what happened the last time she went there? :confused:

same goes for ben if he does not want the same result in rape charges then he should keep his pants zipped.

fool me once shame on you,

fool me twice shame on me..

Wonder what it should be for fool me 3 times or more?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2010, 11:31 AM

I'm not saying that innocent people don't get convicted. It does happen...but it is very rare. But it is also very hard to convict someone. In the instance of Big Ben, there have been rumors (and I get that they are just rumors) that he has been doing things like this for years. I have a friend whose sister swears that Big ben cussed her out because she wouldn't let him buy her a drink at a bar. She accepted a cola, just not alochol and he went off on her. He was basically mad that he couldn't get her drunk. And there are plenty more of stories just like this. Maybe just stories, but when there is smoke...

Now let's get back to the evidence. Like I said, it's very hard to convict. Especially when the club erases the video that could cooberate the victim's story that she was forced into a dark room only to see Ben waiting w/ his junk out. She then fled that room into the bathroom where he followed her in. This is the testimony of her, her friends and multiple witnesses...just no tape to prove it. Maybe a simple mistake of the bar to not save it, maybe not. The point is that an important piece of evidence was destroyed.

Secondly, Ben is able to get the bar to bleach the entire bathroom. I wonder if he got that idea from the 2 cops who were with him. Once of which has been suspended and has been informed he will cut all ties w/ Ben BTW.

FACT that Ben provided alcohol to her when she is under 21 y/o. Even Goodell referenced that in his letter to Ben. Not disputed.

I also think that teh fact the victim went immediately to the hospital says a lot. Didn't wait til 3 days later.

See dude, you assume I'm this mindless sheep who is controoled by what the media tells me. fact is, that is very wrong. I have been in the justice field for over a decade and am very good at what I do. I have a great deal of empathy for both victims as well as the inmates that I do work with. My #1 goal is not to watch em burn while smilimng. My goal is to do my best to make sure these dudes get the tools to be successful and not victimize anyone else...ever. If a rapist gets out after doing his time, gets his shit straight and doesn't re-offend, more power to him.

Lastly, please be aware that I have never been that dude who claims to know everything about everything and always has inside sources. I just happen to be in tune to the local buzz because I see it daily. I happen to live just North of Pittsburgh and have been hearing about this dude for 5 years now. MANY Steeler fans don't like him, because he is a douche.

But we'll likely have to agree to disagree as I see that I have no logic or common sense, should be fired from my job and that you don't like to be called a hippocrate...which it seems to me that you are.