PDA

View Full Version : Peter King expects Broncos to pick a QB by round 2

broncobryce
04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
2. Josh McDaniels, coach, Denver.

He's traded Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler in his first 15 months on the job. He and GM Brian Xanders have the 11th, 43rd and 45th picks to start the replenishment, and I expect them to at least take a quarterback by pick 45 to compete with Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. It's all well and good for McDaniels to have his own program and to be making decisions to get a bunch of his own guys in there. But if this year ends without a quarterback of the future in place in Denver, and the Broncos hired McDaniels thinking at the very least he'd run a great passing game, well, the fans (and the owner) are going to be pretty disappointed.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/20/mailbag/index.html#ixzz0lh3AGdI7
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

broncobryce
04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
King has McD as second in people under most pressure in the draft.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 08:31 PM
He already has Brandstater to compete with quinn and orton.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 08:32 PM
King has McD as second in people under most pressure in the draft.

It's highly possible, we don't know...but we do know he's traded a franchise quarterback and receiver and at this time has little offensive talent to show for his radical approach. We have no clue where Bowlen stands at this time either, and I don't care about his open statements toward the media backing McDaniels...not when you count that over the course of three years he's been more untruthful then in years past.

Northman
04-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Yea, i dont think he needs to take a QB when Quinn still has an opportunity to show what he has.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 08:37 PM

The consensus around the league is that Orton is and remains nothing more then a stop gap at the position and he will not be re-signed after season's end. If they feel another is needed to go head to head with Quinn and Brandstater for the long-term role, I mean anything is plausible.

T.K.O.
04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
...but we do know he's traded a franchise quarterback .

we do ?....speak for yourself,i dont think .500 qb's are typically labeled "franchise" especially ones who lead the league in int's:rolleyes:

Northman
04-20-2010, 08:39 PM
we do ?....speak for yourself,i dont think .500 qb's are typically labeled "franchise" especially ones who lead the league in int's:rolleyes:

Well, he did make the pro bowl. And he did lead his team to a 7-9 record this year......wait..... :lol:

Lancane
04-20-2010, 08:40 PM

Get over your spoutful psuedo-mancrush syndrome. Most professionals tied to the league consider him a franchise quarterback...

:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
04-20-2010, 08:43 PM

Okay, so everyone except all the disgruntled Orton fans think he's a franchise QB.

Favre led the league in Ints a couple times (and leads overall), Elway did too. Doesn't mean they weren't "franchise QBs" it just meant they had to throw the ball to be competitive because their supporting casts weren't very good.

I know this board has really soured on Cutler, but it doesn't change the fact that pretty much every "notable" source outside of our organization believes him to be a "franchise" QB.

T.K.O.
04-20-2010, 08:44 PM
The consensus around the league is that Orton is and remains nothing more then a stop gap at the position and he will not be re-signed after season's end. If they feel another is needed to go head to head with Quinn and Brandstater for the long-term role, I mean anything is plausible.

wild....just wild.
i think more depends on what coaches and owners think than your phantom "concensus around the league" or "they".
and obviously how orton performs this coming season will have tremendous bearing on any future contract from the broncos or any other team.
to say any of what you said would be nothing more than wild speculation at best.
orton threw for 21 td's and 12 int's and over 3800 yds in his 1st year with the team and yet you continue to act like he stunk up the league and tarnished the game of football for decades to come.
get over it CUTLER is a bear....deal with it,he won't be coming back.

Northman
04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, there are some notable coaches, etc who believe Jay to be a franchise QB. However, they also state that he holds a possibility to also be the next Jeff George because of his attitude. Looking at the list of very good to elite QB's or franchise QB's none have had the same pouting or whining problem that has plagued Jay so far.

Nomad
Quinn is/was labeled a 'franchise QB'! It's an overrated word that analysts label players before they have proven themselves!

HORSEPOWER 56

Yeah, we know - you seem to keep bringing him up. These weren't just Lancane's words. All week the guys on NFL Network have called Cutler a "franchise QB" and Marshall a "franchise WR" when talking about the Broncos. Don't get your panties in a bunch... Cutler isn't coming back to beat up "Mr Nice Guy" Orton and steal his lunch money and starting job. You can relax.

Ravage!!!
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM

Brandstater isn't even in the discussion at competing for the starting job

Northman
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
wild....just wild.
i think more depends on what coaches and owners think than your phantom "concensus around the league" or "they".
and obviously how orton performs this coming season will have tremendous bearing on any future contract from the broncos or any other team.
to say any of what you said would be nothing more than wild speculation at best.
orton threw for 21 td's and 12 int's and over 3800 yds in his 1st year with the team and yet you continue to act like he stunk up the league and tarnished the game of football for decades to come.

They cant let go. Rather than waiting to see how the team developes over the next year or so they would much rather cry and whine about players who didnt want to be here anyway.

T.K.O.
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, we know - you seem to keep bringing him up. These weren't just Lancane's words. All week the guys on NFL Network have called Cutler a "franchise QB" and Marshall a "franchise WR" when talking about the Broncos. Don't get your panties in a bunch... Cutler isn't coming back to beat up "Mr Nice Guy" Orton and steal his lunch money and starting job. You can relax.

concensus around the league....not concensus of network mouthpieces,which are we talking about ?

Ravage!!!
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
They cant let go. Rather than waiting to see how the team developes over the next year or so they would much rather cry and whine about players who didnt want to be here anyway.

Yeah.. thats it, North.. thanks for speaking for us and telling us what we would RATHER do.

I'm sick of the McD fan squad that gets all pissy when EVERYONE talks about McD trading away his best player. If it didn't bother you girls so much, your thong wouldn't squeeze up into your ass cheeks everytime its mentioned. Instead, you want to throw out every childish name you can think of at and about Cutler, and then try to bring anyone that doesn't like his departure "whiners." Ironic considering how many times you have "whined" about him and/or marshall.

Next time you want to label and 'cry' about what we would RATHER do... look in the mirror and see that most of you 'defenders' are the ones that are usually using the infantile attitude.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
wild....just wild.

Phantom consensus...really? I guess the fact they traded for B. Quinn and have had workouts with at least two quarterbacks in this year's draft, one of which the same coach (McDaniels) in which opinion is of import has ravingly gushed about, and as you mentioned an owner (Bowlen) who flat out said he wants to draft a quarterback, and it means absolutely shit, and all of that was because they're sold on Orton. What about the fact they traded a player and two picks for a former first round pick?

A consensus is a majority opinion built from a platform of a solidarity agreement usually among peers. If you asked almost any sportswriter right now if Orton is believed to be the long-term quarterback of the Denver Broncos, they would tell you that it isn't very likely...get over it, besides his 'Fan Club' not many feel he's the future of this team!

Northman
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah.. thats it, North.. thanks for speaking for us and telling us what we would RATHER do.

I'm sick of the McD fan squad that gets all pissy when EVERYONE talks about McD trading away his best player. If it didn't bother you girls so much, your thong wouldn't squeeze up into your ass cheeks everytime its mentioned. Instead, you want to throw out every childish name you can think of at and about Cutler, and then try to bring anyone that doesn't like his departure "whiners." Ironic considering how many times you have "whined" about him and/or marshall.

Next time you want to label and 'cry' about what we would RATHER do... look in the mirror and see that most of you 'defenders' are the ones that are usually using the infantile attitude.

Whiner. ;)

Lancane
04-20-2010, 09:06 PM

North, come on man...I don't give a F' about Cutler, he isn't coming back. I thought you and I discussed this earlier. And no one's bitching give the G'damn Orton-addicts who want to 'nub his jimmy'! I stated that it was a consensus which by the way has no (c) in it, that Orton was not viewed or considered as the long-term solution to the position. That is pretty much agreed upon. So what if he feels a quarterback such as Tebow is the future of the franchise.

This was never about Cutler, I said anything if F'n possible...and before we start being called haters, maybe Orton's Army need to back the F' up and get off it...someone gave their 'opinion'.

Northman
04-20-2010, 09:20 PM
North, come on man...I don't give a F' about Cutler, he isn't coming back. I thought you and I discussed this earlier. And no one's bitching give the G'damn Orton-addicts who want to 'nub his jimmy'! I stated that it was a consensus which by the way has no (c) in it, that Orton was not viewed or considered as the long-term solution to the position. That is pretty much agreed upon. So what if he feels a quarterback such as Tebow is the future of the franchise.

This was never about Cutler, I said anything if F'n possible...and before we start being called haters, maybe Orton's Army need to back the F' up and get off it...someone gave their 'opinion'.

Orton's Army. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome. Thats the Rav i like.

Ravage!!!
04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Orton's Army. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome. Thats the Rav i like.

Thats just cause Lan is copying my style :(

Lancane
04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Thats just cause Lan is copying my style :(

Sorry to have stolen your line Rav...

:lol:

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Get over your spoutful psuedo-mancrush syndrome. Most professionals tied to the league consider him a franchise quarterback...

:coffee: as did they think that jeff george was, ryan Leaf was, and the list goes on. and on and on.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 09:38 PM
as did they think that jeff george was, ryan Leaf was, and the list goes on. and on and on.

No, actually Cutler was considered a franchise-esque quarterback since being in the league, especially from what people saw once he was a starter in the NFL. Jeff George and Ryan Leaf were never considered as much, they were given the 'bust' label after a season or two. Cutler's numbers are far above and better then either of those two spastic losers.

jhildebrand
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
So just how much money will the Broncos tie up at the QB position between Orton, Quinn, and the player drafted by the second round? :confused:

Furthermore, if the Broncos actually do draft a QB that high, who is the odd man out?

Tempus Fugit
04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Phantom consensus...really? I guess the fact they traded for B. Quinn and have had workouts with at least two quarterbacks in this year's draft, one of which the same coach (McDaniels) in which opinion is of import has ravingly gushed about, and as you mentioned an owner (Bowlen) who flat out said he wants to draft a quarterback, and it means absolutely shit, and all of that was because they're sold on Orton. What about the fact they traded a player and two picks for a former first round pick?

A consensus is a majority opinion built from a platform of a solidarity agreement usually among peers. If you asked almost any sportswriter right now if Orton is believed to be the long-term quarterback of the Denver Broncos, they would tell you that it isn't very likely...get over it, besides his 'Fan Club' not many feel he's the future of this team!

1.) The Patriots brought Tebow in for a long day, including dinner with Belichick.

2.) Could you link to the evidence of your "consensus", please? I'd love to read that.

3.) They got Quinn for a steal. Your characterization is very misleading.

I'm not saying that King is wrong. I'm simply noting that your arguments are not persuasive at all.

And, yet again, Cutler has not shown himself to be a franchise QB.

Ravage!!!
04-20-2010, 09:42 PM
So just how much money will the Broncos tie up at the QB position between Orton, Quinn, and the player drafted by the second round? :confused:

Furthermore, if the Broncos actually do draft a QB that high, who is the odd man out?

Brandstater.....

broncobryce

Odd man out would be Brandstater.

broncobryce

Only because he's not in my av.:lol:

jhildebrand
04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Brandstater.....

Only because he's not in my av.:lol:

Agreed. Gotta believe the bigger $ stays.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 09:49 PM
1.) The Patriots brought Tebow in for a long day, including dinner with Belichick.

2.) Could you link to the evidence of your "consensus", please? I'd love to read that.

3.) They got Quinn for a steal. Your characterization is very misleading.

What in the sam-hell does Tebow meeting with the Patriots and having dinner with Belichick have to do with this discussion? Not a damn thing, it's widely believed we are sincerely interested in Tim. Get over it...

Why don't you read a sport's page or almost any expert draft board, the fact is that all believe we will take a quarterback to eventually replace Orton who is not considered the future of this franchise. Read the article above, damn are you that inept you need shit handed to you?

Yes, they did get Quinn for a steal, but we don't have a clue if he was traded for to in fact be the future or to be a long-term backup. Do you? Or are you thundering gas leaks from your cheaks and agreeing that they are the answers to all? If McDaniels and company are so sold on Orton and on Quinn why in the hell are we still looking at quarterback draft prospects? Such as Tebow, Pike and McCoy? I guess McDaniels and the crew just like wasting their damn time.

jhildebrand
04-20-2010, 09:53 PM
the article above, damn are you that inept you need shit handed to you?

Yes, they did get Quinn for a steal, but we don't have a clue if he was traded for to in fact be the future or to be a long-term backup

I, for one, am not holding my breath. The guy played in this "system" for Weiss at ND. He played in this "system" for Mangina at Cleveland and couldn't use that to his advantage and beat out DA.

Now because he is in Bronco blue and predominantly orange he is going to be the next traded QB to tear it up a la Favre or Young? :confused: I just don't buy that. I wont hold my breath.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 09:55 PM

And that's not surprising, if we factor in what McDaniels has said about not really being prepared for last year's draft. I don't expect a coach to publicly declare a drafted player he's picked was the wrong move in just one season. However, having a viable back-up in Quinn, a temporary starter in Orton...the team could draft a quarterback who if good enough would supplant and take the position of the other said quarterback.

Brandstater could be placed on the practice squad and return a year later to compete.

dogfish
04-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Don't get your panties in a bunch... Cutler isn't coming back to beat up "Mr Nice Guy" Orton and steal his lunch money and starting job. You can relax.

now that's funny, i don't care who you are. . . :lol:

who cares? no salary cap this year. . . .

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 10:01 PM
No, actually Cutler was considered a franchise-esque quarterback since being in the league, especially from what people saw once he was a starter in the NFL. Jeff George and Ryan Leaf were never considered as much, they were given the 'bust' label after a season or two. Cutler's numbers are far above and better then either of those two spastic losers.
Jeff George was not considered bust until after he killed his 3rd or 4th coach. One does not last for 10+ years without being a QB each time the coach thought he could reign him in.
here is a video about him being the #7 biggest trades kind f shocked to realize Chris Hinton whom we gave to BAL before they were INDY went to ATL in the trade for the franchise QB JG.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80211ac3/Top-Ten-Draft-Trades-Jeff-George

season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2004 Chicago Bears 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
2002 Seattle Seahawks 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
2001 Washington Redskins 2 2 23 42 54.8 168 4.0 0 3 6 38 34.6 4 0 0.0 0 2 1
2000 Washington Redskins 6 5 113 194 58.2 1,389 7.2 7 6 12 94 79.6 7 24 3.4 0 3 1
1999 Minnesota Vikings 12 10 191 329 58.1 2,816 8.6 23 12 28 228 94.2 16 41 2.6 0 8 5
1998 Oakland Raiders 8 7 93 169 55.0 1,186 7.0 4 5 22 162 72.7 8 2 0.3 0 7 3
1997 Oakland Raiders 16 16 290 521 55.7 3,917 7.5 29 9 58 430 91.2 17 44 2.6 0 7 4
1996 Atlanta Falcons 3 3 56 99 56.6 698 7.1 3 3 11 84 76.1 5 10 2.0 0 3 0
1995 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 336 557 60.3 4,143 7.4 24 11 43 270 89.5 27 17 0.6 0 6 2
1994 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 322 524 61.5 3,734 7.1 23 18 32 206 83.3 30 66 2.2 0 12 4
1993 Indianapolis Colts 13 11 234 407 57.5 2,526 6.2 8 6 26 190 76.3 13 39 3.0 0 4 2
1992 Indianapolis Colts 10 10 167 306 54.6 1,963 6.4 7 15 27 188 61.5 14 26 1.9 1 6 3
1991 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 292 485 60.2 2,910 6.0 10 12 56 481 73.8 16 36 2.3 0 8 0
1990 Indianapolis Colts 13 -- 181 334 54.2 2,152 6.4 16 13 37 320 73.8 11 2 0.2 1 -- --

http://www.nfl.com/players/jeffgeorge/profile?id=GEO276861

PLUS here is a video for Jeff

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80211ac3/Top-Ten-Draft-Trades-Jeff-George

Leaf went to a couple of teams also.

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
2001 Dallas Cowboys 4 3 45 88 51.1 494 5.6 1 3 12 82 57.7 4 -7 -1.8 0 4 2
2000 San Diego Chargers 11 9 161 322 50.0 1,883 5.8 11 18 31 155 56.2 28 54 1.9 0 12 6
1999 San Diego Chargers 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
1998 San Diego Chargers 10 9 111 245 45.3 1,289 5.3 2 15 22 140 39.0 27 80 3.0 0 8 4
TOTAL 317 655 48.4 3,666 5.6 14 36 65 377 50.0 59 127 2.2 0 24 12

Regardless they were considered Franchise QB's

Lancane
04-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Regardless they were considered Franchise QB's

That's a matter of opinion, especially when George did not have a quality season within his first five, Cutler in only his second which was infact his first true season as a fulltime starter was named to the Pro-Bowl, which was a national election so the majority of the league's fans believed much the same as many of the Sport's Writers.

;)

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
That's a matter of opinion, especially when George did not have a quality season within his first five, Cutler in only his second which was infact his first true season as a fulltime starter was named to the Pro-Bowl, which was a national election so the majority of the league's fans believed much the same as many of the Sport's Writers.

;)
One pro bowl doth not make a Franchise QB.

I realize that the Popularity contest that it is but there are many players in that year that deserved it more. ONE GLARING miss was rivers in SAN. HAd the balloting taken place AFTER the season he would have taken the spot from jay in heart beat.

Sorry good try, but no banana.

Tempus Fugit
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
What in the sam-hell does Tebow meeting with the Patriots and having dinner with Belichick have to do with this discussion? Not a damn thing, it's widely believed we are sincerely interested in Tim. Get over it...

Ummm....

have had workouts with at least two quarterbacks in this year's draft, one of which the same coach (McDaniels) in which opinion is of import has ravingly gushed about

The Patriots have brought in QBs even though they've got Tom Brady. The point is pretty simple, really.

Why don't you read a sport's page or almost any expert draft board, the fact is that all believe we will take a quarterback to eventually replace Orton who is not considered the future of this franchise. Read the article above, damn are you that inept you need shit handed to you?

In other words, you've got nothing to back up your assertion.

Yes, they did get Quinn for a steal, but we don't have a clue if he was traded for to in fact be the future or to be a long-term backup. Do you? Or are you thundering gas leaks from your cheaks and agreeing that they are the answers to all? If McDaniels and company are so sold on Orton and on Quinn why in the hell are we still looking at quarterback draft prospects? Such as Tebow, Pike and McCoy? I guess McDaniels and the crew just like wasting their damn time.

Why they traded for him is irrelevant in the context of my response to you. You used the trade as some sign, when the trade was a steal of a deal as opposed to the Broncos giving up a high price to bring in a player.

As I noted, King may be right but your arguments are completely unpersuasive.

Northman
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM

;)

I thought he had earned his pro bowl appearance but it was also kind of deceiving. Shanahan knew how bad the defense was and used Jay to pass his way to whatever victories he could. But, Top has made the arguement that Rivers also deserved it which is pretty accurate considering what he did down the stretch to get his team into the playoffs. But i had no problem with Jay getting the nod for what he accomplished that season stat wise.

getlynched47
04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Obviously, Peter Griffin.........errrrr........King is making a prediction that the Broncos will draft Tim Tebow in the 1st/2nd round. That's what he's implying.

Screw Peter King.

I will be so pissed if we draft Tim Tebow in the 1st/2nd round.

What you guys fail to realize is that if we draft Tebow, we kick off one of our quarterbacks from the roster:

Kyle Orton: He's our starting QB and I fully expect him to be here for 2010

Brady Quinn: We just traded for him, so he'll be here in 2010

Tom Brandstater: He knows the system just as well as Orton and has some good physical tools. The Broncos are, reportedly, very very high on Brandstater

So who do we get rid of for a highly-decorated college quarterback that doesn't have the skillset to contribute at the NFL level yet?

Our starter (Orton)? The guy we just traded Hillis and draft picks for (Quinn)? Or the promising 2nd year player who has been drawing rave reviews (Brandstater)?

It's comical that some people believe that Tebow can translate into a tightend/ fullback at the next level. You don't take a college QB who you plan on converting to a different position in the 1st/2nd round.

It's just the hype created by ESPN. They're always on Tebow's jocks and then people see his highlight reel and go....."oooooooooo" and "aaaaaahhhhhhhh", and then say "Let's grab Tebow in the 1st!"

Projects aren't generally drafted in the 1st round. I wouldn't even want a project in the 2nd round. We need a player that can come in and immediately contribute. We have so many holes that it's just PLAIN STUPID to go and draft Tebow when we can be using that pick to get a wide receiver or interior offensive lineman.

Sure Tebow has the intangibles, there's no denying that. But his skillset leaves a lot to be desired.

If hard work and humbleness were all it took, Peyton Hillis and Jarvis Moss would be super stars by now.

Especially Jarvis Moss. Poor guy works his tail off, reading the training camp blogs he stayed on the field after practice for an extended period of time to work with Martindale and Nunley in 2009. That hasn't made him great. He's even been humble, but that hasn't made him great.

People need to get off of Tebow's jock. Just because he's a very likable person doesn't mean he'll be a great NFL player :rolleyes:

Just say no to Tebow.

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Obviously, Peter Griffin.........errrrr........King is making a prediction that the Broncos will draft Tim Tebow in the 1st/2nd round. That's what he's implying.

Screw Peter King.

What you guys fail to realize is that if we draft Tebow, we kick off one of our quarterbacks from the roster:

Tom Brandstater: He knows the system just as well as Orton and has some good physical tools. The Broncos are, reportedly, very very high on Brandstater

So who do we get rid of for a highly-decorated college quarterback that doesn't have the skillset to contribute at the NFL level yet?

Our starter (Orton)? The guy we just traded Hillis and draft picks for (Quinn)? Or the promising 2nd year player who has been drawing rave reviews (Brandstater)?

It's comical that some people believe that Tebow can translate into a tightend/ fullback at the next level. You don't take a college QB who you plan on converting to a different position in the 1st/2nd round.

It's just the hype created by ESPN. They're always on Tebow's jocks and then people see his highlight reel and go....."oooooooooo" and "aaaaaahhhhhhhh", and then say "Let's grab Tebow in the 1st!"

Projects aren't generally drafted in the 1st round. I wouldn't even want a project in the 2nd round. We need a player that can come in and immediately contribute. We have so many holes that it's just PLAIN STUPID to go and draft Tebow when we can be using that pick to get a wide receiver or interior offensive lineman.

Sure Tebow has the intangibles, there's no denying that. But his skillset leaves a lot to be desired.

If hard work and humbleness were all it took, Peyton Hillis and Jarvis Moss would be super stars by now.

Especially Jarvis Moss. Poor guy works his tail off, reading the training camp blogs he stayed on the field after practice for an extended period of time to work with Martindale and Nunley in 2009. That hasn't made him great. He's even been humble, but that hasn't made him great.

People need to get off of Tebow's jock. Just because he's a very likable person doesn't mean he'll be a great NFL player :rolleyes:

Just say no to Tebow.

Tebow will be a Bronco next year unless MIN steps up and takes him before us, maybe even JAX as he would be an instant ticket seller in Florida.

Italianmobstr7
04-20-2010, 10:26 PM

I agree. I think the fans are higher on Brandstater than McD is. Wouldn't surprise me to see us take Tebow, even if it means a trade back into the first round using next years 1st. I wouldn't be too happy with that, but wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Tebow will be a Bronco next year unless MIN steps up and takes him before us, maybe even JAX as he would be an instant ticket seller in Florida.

One of my friends who works for the Chronicle in San Francisco believes that Denver will trade the 11th to San Francisco for the 17th and the 79th picks and that with the 17th that Denver will take Tebow.

I've actually seen a mock draft with us taking him at the 11th overall spot...

Who knows?

Lancane
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
One pro bowl doth not make a Franchise QB.

I realize that the Popularity contest that it is but there are many players in that year that deserved it more. ONE GLARING miss was rivers in SAN. HAd the balloting taken place AFTER the season he would have taken the spot from jay in heart beat.

Sorry good try, but no banana.

Even if that is so, he would have still been selected in my honest opinion. Fact is that most argue against Cutler now because he's no longer a member of the team and because it's caused a lot of hate towards McDaniels or Orton, I remember that most of those bashing him were arguing for him against Rivers when San Diego fans were sounding off that it was a travesty...including Top.

broncobryce
04-20-2010, 10:36 PM
If Tebow lasts until round 2. I wouldn't put past denver to trade up in the second round to get him with the first pick in the second round.

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
One of my friends who works for the Chronicle in San Francisco believes that Denver will trade the 11th to San Francisco for the 17th and the 79th picks and that with the 17th that Denver will take Tebow.

I've actually seen a mock draft with us taking him at the 11th overall spot...

Who knows?

Hey that works for me. that would give us 5 picks inside the 81st pick IIRC.

I'll take an extra choice on day two in a heart beat.

I think we will have TEBOW on the team in some capacity next year.

If his mechanics are foxed and that may take a year or two to become a habit then he is a Great prospect, a gifted athlete, that is beyond smart, could play at several poisitions. That is the quintessential Josh player.

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Even if that is so, he would have still been selected in my honest opinion. Fact is that most argue against Cutler now because he's no longer a member of the team and because it's caused a lot of hate towards McDaniels or Orton, I remember that most of those bashing him were arguing for him against Rivers when San Diego fans were sounding off that it was a travesty...including Top.

NO the ballot was done earlier in the year and Rivers was on a HUGE roll during the end of season.

if you look back at the stats Rivers had him hands down except in total yards.

2008 Denver Broncos 16 16 384 616 62.3 4,526 7.3 25 18 11 69 86.0 57 200 3.5 2 5 2

2008 San Diego 16 16 312 478 65.3 4,009 8.4 34 11 25 151 105.5 31 84 2.7 0 8 4

Any one that was objective at the time was wondering why jay went and rivers did not.

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Yes we have 3 QBs...and I ask you fans this which one do you want as our future?

Ziggy
04-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes we have 3 QBs...and I ask you fans this which one do you want as our future?

Sam Bradford, but I'd have no problem with Tebow.

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Bradford is not going to happen.

turftoad
04-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Wouldn't a QB in the 1st or 2nd be sexy? What about the beef. I would laugh my ass off if we took Tebow in the 1st or 2nd. I don't even think McD is that stupid. He knows he needs to win now. Tebow is not a win now guy.

Besides that, he's got Orton and Quinn, a couple of McD's guys. :shocked:

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Wouldn't a QB in the 1st or 2nd be sexy? What about the beef. I would laugh my ass off if we took Tebow in the 1st or 2nd. I don't even think McD is that stupid. He knows he needs to win now. Tebow is not a win now guy.

Like clay said Tebow would be his anchor baby and allow him a couple more years slack while he gets him into shape.

I'm not for it I'd rather have nothing but beef on day one and two but I could see this happen.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Like clay said Tebow would be his anchor baby and allow him a couple more years slack while he gets him into shape.

I'm not for it I'd rather have nothing but beef on day one and two but I could see this happen.

K. Orton (Signed RFA tender which is a 1 year contract), B. Quinn (2 years remaining on contract), T. Brandstater (3 years remaining on contract)...

Let's take it a step further, all besides the 'Die-Hard' Orton fanatics have realized that Orton is nothing more then a stop-gap in Denver. Bowlen all but demanded that we draft a quarterback in this draft, it's obvious to those of us who keep up on the draft that even after the trade for Brady Quinn that the Broncos were still interested in quarterback prospects in the draft. We have had private workouts with two (as I mentioned), Tebow being one that got gushing reviews from McDaniels himself, the other was Tony Pike from Cincinnati. I've also heard and my sources are fairly reliable that McDaniels' little brother went to both Colt McCoy's and Jimmy Clausen's Pro-Days. Why would they still be interested in quarterbacks, especially some of the highly touted ones if they felt that the future leader of the team was currently on the roster?

The displeasure of the fans is not going without notice, a sentiment addressed during the interview with NFLN's Lombardi; seems that Josh is aware that fan approval is dropping and that many don't buy into his overall plans. That also tells me that the front office is likely well aware that Orton is not widely accepted as the quarterback, I'm sure McDaniels wants to get the fandom behind him because an owner will take notice of such as well. And what I'm getting at is that I'm quite sure that McDaniels and Xanders know that drafting a high profile quarterback will re-earn them some of the lost respect from the moves that they have made.

And as we can see from the contract years remaining on those already with the team, drafting another is quite feesable.

dogfish
04-21-2010, 12:42 AM

Tebow's big-- he counts as a LOS player.

Sincerely,

JRWiz

#1dolphinfan
04-21-2010, 01:31 AM
I think you guys should wait and pick up Skelton later in the draft he is a very good QB

#1dolphinfan
04-21-2010, 01:34 AM

Tim Tebow is a very smart guy and a very good competitor and if his dilivery shortens up like he has been working on he could be a very good NFL QB

sneakers
04-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Eh, we'll probably take a QB in the first round.....I wouldn't put it passed him.

Nomad
04-21-2010, 07:20 AM
I thought he had earned his pro bowl appearance but it was also kind of deceiving. Shanahan knew how bad the defense was and used Jay to pass his way to whatever victories he could. But, Top has made the arguement that Rivers also deserved it which is pretty accurate considering what he did down the stretch to get his team into the playoffs. But i had no problem with Jay getting the nod for what he accomplished that season stat wise.

And this is why the Pro Bowl selection should be done after the season!! It's a watered down game that, as shown this year, even the players elected don't even want to play in it!! Only good thing that the Pro Bowl use to have was the skills competition, I don't know if they have that anymore!!

CoachChaz
04-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Assuming we made the deal with SF that Cane mentioned, we'd have 5 picks in the top 80. If that's the case, why would it be so disappointing to take a potential starting QB with one of those picks? Yes we need to improve now and NO, Tebow wont play right away, but in all reality....if we went all "beef" with those 5 picks and added them to the FA and current roster...how many of them would really start right away? So what difference does it make if we add a QB that wont start for 2 years or a DL or OL that wont start for 1-2 years?

Unless Orton or Quinn step up and become a Top10 QB, we'll need to look for a future starter anyway...and NO...his name is NOT Brandstater.

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Assuming we made the deal with SF that Cane mentioned, we'd have 5 picks in the top 80. If that's the case, why would it be so disappointing to take a potential starting QB with one of those picks? Yes we need to improve now and NO, Tebow wont play right away, but in all reality....if we went all "beef" with those 5 picks and added them to the FA and current roster...how many of them would really start right away? So what difference does it make if we add a QB that wont start for 2 years or a DL or OL that wont start for 1-2 years?

Unless Orton or Quinn step up and become a Top10 QB, we'll need to look for a future starter anyway...and NO...his name is NOT Brandstater.

What deal? I dont want to reread through all the drivel about orton vs Intler.
I think Tebow is the guy. And i think they will use any and all ammo including a player to get back into the 1st ahead of MIN to get him. I dont think ARI or SF will go after him, but they might be a trade partner.

Dirk
04-21-2010, 07:41 AM

I completely agree with you here. I do expect Orton to have a better year this year if he stays healthy. He had a great year last year all things considered along with his finger and ankle.

But is he the long term answer? Who knows? If McD opens the playbook this year and lets Orton throw more deep balls, we will know. But that is contingent on the O-Line being able to give him that time to let the deep routes open up and being able to open running lanes. Both were an issue last year.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 10:07 AM
I completely agree with you here. I do expect Orton to have a better year this year if he stays healthy. He had a great year last year all things considered along with his finger and ankle.

But is he the long term answer? Who knows? If McD opens the playbook this year and lets Orton throw more deep balls, we will know. But that is contingent on the O-Line being able to give him that time to let the deep routes open up and being able to open running lanes. Both were an issue last year.

I would say Orton had a solid year but not anywhere near close to great. It was career year for him but statistically he was still middle of pack in most areas.

I would expect that Orton would know more of the playbook this year than he did last year. Even so I seriously doubt that the vast majority of the passing game was only designed to go short to intermediate routes. I would expect in a spread offense with that many receivers running routes that you wouldn't have at least one guy going deep more times than not. In my opinion he's most comfortable throwing short and intermediate routes because plays not to make mistakes.

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 10:09 AM
I would say Orton had a solid year but not anywhere near close to great. It was career year for him but statistically he was still middle of pack in most areas.

I would expect that Orton would know more of the playbook this year than he did last year. Even so I seriously doubt that the vast majority of the passing game was only designed to go short to intermediate routes. I would expect in a spread offense with that many receivers running routes that you wouldn't have at least one guy going deep more times than not. In my opinion he's most comfortable throwing short and intermediate routes because plays not to make mistakes.

Actually, its the wet noodle arm. :coffee:

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Actually, its the wet noodle arm. :coffee:

I think you enjoy poking people with sticks. :boink: :laugh:

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I think you enjoy poking people with sticks. :boink: :laugh:

Tebow will start week 1. :laugh::D :laugh:

MileHighCrew
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Good we play Jacksonville in week 1.

Nomad
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM

For Jacksonville!!

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Good we play Jacksonville in week 1.

Cmon, man you beat me to it! I was going to lead TXBRONC right into the punchline!

MileHighCrew
04-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Cmon, man you beat me to it! I was going to lead TXBRONC right into the punchline!

great minds think alike?

jlarsiii
04-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Tim Tebow is a very smart guy and a very good competitor and if his dilivery shortens up like he has been working on he could be a very good NFL QB

I have two words for that. . .Alex Smith. There is a great example of a quarterback that excelled in Urban Meyer's system that has not done jack squat in the pros, and he didn't have an issue with his delivery coming into the draft if I remember correctly.

Why does everyone assume Tebow will be good in the NFL when there is absolutely no proof that this will be the case? There are several examples of college QBs who have won heisman trophies that have done nada in the NFL. Personally Tebow reminds me of Michael Vick except he is nowhere near as fast with issues delivering the football downfield in the passing game. How has Vick turned out so far? Exactly. . .

I get that people believe now that we will draft him. I don't get why people assume he will ever be any good. He is just another gimmick player in the pros until he proves otherwise.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 10:30 AM
great minds think alike?

Where does that leave you two? :heh:

MileHighCrew
04-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Where does that leave you two? :heh:

well we have the alike part down

T.K.O.
04-21-2010, 10:35 AM

i did'nt "bring him up"
i was responding to the notion that mcD traded away a "franchise" qb......i dont think cane was talking about simms :laugh:

MileHighCrew
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Come on no bashing on Cutler and Orton when we have Tebow to bash for the next day and a half or God forbid the next 10 years.

Elevation inc
04-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Okay, so everyone except all the disgruntled Orton fans think he's a franchise QB.

Favre led the league in Ints a couple times (and leads overall), Elway did too. Doesn't mean they weren't "franchise QBs" it just meant they had to throw the ball to be competitive because their supporting casts weren't very good.

I know this board has really soured on Cutler, but it doesn't change the fact that pretty much every "notable" source outside of our organization believes him to be a "franchise" QB.

some of us havent soured on cutler the player, we have soured on cutler the person...and it becomes irritating when people start to wish he was still here,when he aint coming back...time to move on.....his attitude sucked since the day shanny left regardless of MCD...when shanny and bates left cutler wanted out...period....guy has talent, but he just aint a very likeable person anymore....its actually quite easy to dislike him the way he spouted off the last 4 years, you all dont like MCD for his ego...well some of us think cutler has a pretty big one to....

CoachChaz
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM
As far as the franchise label goes, I think those of us that arent ready to give it to him are the ones that see a guy with ALL the tools to earn that label...but also a guy that cant seem to put them all together for more than a game or two.

The last time Cutler lead his team to a winning season, he was a senior in high school

Ravage!!!
04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
some of us havent soured on cutler the player, we have soured on cutler the person...and it becomes irritating when people start to wish he was still here,when he aint coming back...time to move on.....his attitude sucked since the day shanny left regardless of MCD...when shanny and bates left cutler wanted out...period....guy has talent, but he just aint a very likeable person anymore....its actually quite easy to dislike him the way he spouted off the last 4 years, you all dont like MCD for his ego...well some of us think cutler has a pretty big one to....

Sorry Inc...I like you... but this is CRAP!

When interviewed at the Pro-bowl, Cutler expressed excitment about meeting and working with Josh, and on that interview stated "can't wait to work with, and establish that trust."

Its complete and total BS conjecture and made up reasoning to make the JR assumption that the firings of Shanahan had ANYTHING to do with this. McD is JUST as much to fault, and I read this kind of junk all the time, which brings out the 'defense.'

I would much rather have a young 24yr old QB with an ego, than the supposed "mature" coach who's ego gets in the way. Difference is, one ego just rubs the fans the wrong way while the other, rids the team of talent.

SOCALORADO.
04-21-2010, 11:43 AM

When interviewed at the Pro-bowl, Cutler expressed excitment about meeting and working with Josh, and on that interview stated "can't wait to work with, and establish that trust."

Its complete and total BS conjecture and made up reasoning to make the JR assumption that the firings of Shanahan had ANYTHING to do with this. McD is JUST as much to fault, and I read this kind of junk all the time, which brings out the 'defense.'

I would much rather have a young 24yr old QB with an ego, than the supposed "mature" coach who's ego gets in the way. Difference is, one ego just rubs the fans the wrong way while the other, rids the team of talent.

Intler is a Jeff George clone.
F*** him.
And yes, MCD can be an arrogant jerk. Doesnt matter though.
Its done. The trade has been made, and its over. Hes gone, man. hes gone, and theres nothing you can do about it. Just let it go, just let it go.
Move on.
Cmon, man lets talk about the Denver Broncos POST Intler/Shanahan.
Forget about those guys and move on.

Elevation inc
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM

as did josh....but then cutler didnt like he wasn't being pedestaled...bro cutler the player did some good things but you are blind if you think the only reason he aint here is because of MCD......

dogfish
04-21-2010, 07:46 PM
do you guys actually enjoy talking about cutler, or is it just irresistable?

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM

That's completely understandable. I'm totally cool with you not liking Cutler for whatever reason. I always thought the guy was kinda a douchebag as a person, too. BUT, all the guys that don't like Cutler or who are glad he's gone CONSISTENTLY bring him up at every opportunity as soon as anyone says anything about Orton. It's like they're long lost, separated at birth, siamese twins that cannot be talked about individually.

Anytime anyone says anything about Orton in a negative light, within a post or two, Cutler's name and his INTs are thrown in there for comparison. EVERY TIME. It just seems that all the Cutler antagonists are the ones that keep bringing him up then bitch about him being brought up all the time.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
do you guys actually enjoy talking about cutler, or is it just irresistable?

Irresistable.

Seriously though, like it or not, Cutler put his stamp on this franchise and has divided the fanbase unlike any QB in a LONG time. For the first time since Elway, NOBODY - not the fans, not the players, not the coaches, and not the media doubted Cutler's physical gifts at the position. That in itself was special for the fans. It immediately gave him credibility and was someone all the fans believed we could "win with".

Cutler will be the topic of conversation until this team replaces him. Until we find that true QB gunslinger with the laser/rocket arm and steely-eyed poise, we won't be truly happy.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Irresistable.

Seriously though, like it or not, Cutler put his stamp on this franchise and has divided the fanbase unlike any QB in a LONG time. For the first time since Elway, NOBODY - not the fans, not the players, not the coaches, and not the media doubted Cutler's physical gifts at the position. That in itself was special for the fans. It immediately gave him credibility and was someone all the fans believed we could "win with".

Cutler will be the topic of conversation until this team replaces him. Until we find that true QB gunslinger with the laser/rocket arm and steely-eyed poise, we won't be truly happy.

This goes back further than Cutler. It goes all the way back to Plummer.

hamrob
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
I like the Quinn pickup. I think we need to see what he can do in McDaniels offense. Orton is servicable and Brandstrater is someone to groom.

As for Cutler, I'm a huge fan. I like his atheletic ability and his swagger. I think he's going to be just fine in Chicago over the long term. I think most folks who see Jay Cutler play, believe he has franchise QB qualities. He's not there yet.

Really though, whether he's a stud or not...who cares at this point. McDaniels needs to field a winner (period). If he doesn't get us in the playoffs this year, Bowlin is going to have a very tight leash on him. The time for him is now or never.

In terms of him drafting a QB or a WR in the first round...he's going to be criticized big time if he does that. All the so-called experts are going to say...he got rid of Cutler and Marshall and drafted less talented players...what an idiot.

He's made his play...he needs to stick to it. Build the lines (beef them up), create a tough as nails defense....and then, being an offensive minded coach...then concentrate on offense.

dogfish
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Until we find that true QB gunslinger with the laser/rocket arm and steely-eyed poise, we won't be truly happy.

enh, don't know about that-- a lot of people around here really seem to love the noodle-armed game manager type QBs. . .

it still kinda astounds me that "not making mistakes" has become the premium quality desired by fans who used to watch elway, but i suppose watching brian griese and jake plummer can have that effect. . . .

Lancane
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
This goes back further than Cutler. It goes all the way back to Plummer.

Actually that's untrue and true at the same time...Cutler had the support of the majority of the fanbase, the most since Elway. But since the whole Cutler debacle, the division arose to it's highest since the day's of Plummer.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
enh, don't know about that-- a lot of people around here really seem to love the noodle-armed game manager type QBs. . .

it still kinda astounds me that "not making mistakes" has become the premium quality desired by fans who used to watch elway, but i suppose watching brian griese and jake plummer can have that effect. . . .

And those same said safe quarterbacks have won less championships then the eradic playmakers who take risks!

bkmj22
04-21-2010, 08:54 PM

Quick thought... was i the only person wanting plummer back last year? lol. and also there is no such thing as a "noodle-armed" qb in the nfl. no doubt guys have bigger arms than others (cutler>orton) but, really it just comes down to work ethic and decision making.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-21-2010, 08:56 PM

Honestly, they only like him because he's wearing the Orange and Blue. They're the same group of folks that loved Morton, then Elway, then Griese, then Plummer, then Cutler, now Orton just because he's the QB of the team they love and they'll do anything to believe he's the chosen one until the next guy comes along.

I have a lot of respect for those folks that can see past the individual and just be happy about being a Bronco fan and what we have. I'm a spoiled, whiny, demanding, perfectionist that wants my team to return to a Superbowl contender as rapidly as possible. I refuse to tolerate mediocrity or "wait and see" because "wait and see" makes you the Chargers. Does anyone think that they are getting closer to a Championship? I think their window is closing because they've been that "wait and see what Marty does, or wait and see what Norv does, or wait and see what AJ does this offseason" team for a decade.

Maybe it's just because I don't want to believe that we're just not a good team and I like to think that we're only a good QB away from being a good team again. I remember when we had a QB that kept us competitive no matter who else we had. Look what Ryan did in Atlanta. Brees in New Orleans. Flacco in Baltimore. Hell, even Sanchez who didn't play particularly well, restored hope and excitement to the Jets. That's what I'm hoping for.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Quick thought... was i the only person wanting plummer back last year? lol. and also there is no such thing as a "noodle-armed" qb in the nfl. no doubt guys have bigger arms than others (cutler>orton) but, really it just comes down to work ethic and decision making.

Actually in the history of the NFL, the majority of Hall of Famers and Super Bowl winning quarterbacks were fairly strong armed playmakers and were more accurate then their counterparts.

bkmj22
04-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Actually in the history of the NFL, the majority of Hall of Famers and Super Bowl winning quarterbacks were fairly strong armed playmakers and were more accurate then their counterparts.
But a QB with an "NFL" caliber arm will still get the job done on sundays, with good decisions and work ethic. good example: Jamarcus Russel

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-21-2010, 11:11 PM
I'll admit it Horsepower, I never would have gave a shit about Orton it he weren't a bronco, I mean he's just a chubby guy who takes care of the football and is accurate. But you're right, and I'll support the next guy and forget orton's name when he's not on the team. I don't care about any of these fools until they play for denver.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 12:23 AM

i just wish he'd get a chance. kid's got a good arm, and great awareness, and deep ball capability. not gonna know what we have till we give him a shot.

Tned
04-22-2010, 11:28 AM

That is something many simply will never agree with, regardless of what he did in Denver or may do in Chicago or elsewhere.

Interesting thing just happened, logged into Twitter to check on some pre-draft stuff and see Frank Schwab having a conversation and someone is making the oft-repeated statement about Cutler killing the team with red zone interceptions (repeated many, many times on BF as well).

He poses the question of "how many RZ INTs did Cutler have and a few ppl through out numbers, 10, 12, etc. Schwab replies with 4. In 37 starts, Cutler threw 4 INTs, and had 38 RZ TDs to his 4 RZ INTs.

I have watched every single game for a couple decades, and even I had been convinced by those that re-write history that Cutler killed the team with RZ INTs, because that's the way the history has been re-written.

Like Cutler or not, what we are left with is the fact we need to find a long term QB solution to replace him, and blowing a first round pick on Alphonso Smith makes that more difficult to do.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
That is something many simply will never agree with, regardless of what he did in Denver or may do in Chicago or elsewhere.

Interesting thing just happened, logged into Twitter to check on some pre-draft stuff and see Frank Schwab having a conversation and someone is making the oft-repeated statement about Cutler killing the team with red zone interceptions (repeated many, many times on BF as well).

He poses the question of "how many RZ INTs did Cutler have and a few ppl through out numbers, 10, 12, etc. Schwab replies with 4. In 37 starts, Cutler through 4 INTs, and had 38 RZ TDs to his 4 RZ INTs.

I have watched every single game for a couple decades, and even I had been convinced by those that re-write history that Cutler killed the team with RZ INTs, because that's the way the history has been re-written.

Like Cutler or not, what we are left with is the fact we need to find a long term QB solution to replace him, and blowing a first round pick on Alphonso Smith makes that more difficult to do.

So the hell much for the bs that he kills the team by turning the ball over the red zone.

Overtime
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM

Screw Peter King.

Just say no to Tebow.

i like this reasoning getlynched. Tebow is way overrated, and I think he'll be nothing more than a spitting image of Todd Blackledge.

Brandstater has that "it", don't ask me how I know, i just know. my fear is that McDumb****itis will can him, and he'll go to some other team and start tearing it up. We need to find out what he can really do before that happens, but I gotta bad feeling that's not gonna happen and it's gonna be such a shame too.

hopefully Bowlen will get tired of this shit after this season and go get us a real head coach, cause Boy Wonder obviously isn't ready to play in the big leagues' just yet.

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Eagles looking to move way up?
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 12:41 PM ET
Last week we passed along a report from Peter King of SI.com that the Philadelphia Eagles could be looking to move up as high as the 12th overall pick to draft a safety. But a new report says the Eagles could be moving up even higher than that.

Derrin Horton of NFL Network, who's stationed at the Eagles' headquarters this week, reported that there have been discussions of the Eagles moving up as high as the fifth overall pick, which is owned by the Kansas City Chiefs, or 10th overall, with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Horton confirmed King's report that the Eagles covet safeties Eric Berry of Tennessee and Earl Thomas of Texas, But he also said that if the Eagles move way up, they'd do so to go after a defensive end, either Georgia Tech's Derrick Morgan or South Florida's Jason Pierre-Paul.

On draft day, there are a lot more reports of trades than there are actual trades, so it's entirely possible that the Eagles will stay put. But there's plenty of buzz that they want to move up.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/eagles-looking-to-move-way-up/

CoachChaz
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
i like this reasoning getlynched. Tebow is way overrated, and I think he'll be nothing more than a spitting image of Todd Blackledge.

Brandstater has that "it", don't ask me how I know, i just know. my fear is that McDumb****itis will can him, and he'll go to some other team and start tearing it up. We need to find out what he can really do before that happens, but I gotta bad feeling that's not gonna happen and it's gonna be such a shame too.

hopefully Bowlen will get tired of this shit after this season and go get us a real head coach, cause Boy Wonder obviously isn't ready to play in the big leagues' just yet.

SO Brandstater will be better than Tebow? Wow

dogfish
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
He poses the question of "how many RZ INTs did Cutler have and a few ppl through out numbers, 10, 12, etc. Schwab replies with 4. In 37 starts, Cutler through 4 INTs, and had 38 RZ TDs to his 4 RZ INTs.

LMFAO

best stat ever. . .

don't worry, though-- it won't be any more effective at changing the myth of cutler's overwhelming number of red zone picks than trying to drain the ocean with a thimble. . . :lol:

people will just pretend they didn't see it, and go about their business. . . or tell you "he didn't want to be here," as though that must also prove that he was terrible when he was here. . .

enh. . . **** it. . . he ISN'T here, and it's honestly about the last possible subject i wnt to talk about on draft day. . .

who ya want, T?

dogfish
04-22-2010, 12:06 PM
SO Brandstater will be better than Tebow? Wow

DURRRR!!

:welcome:

who the hell ISN'T brandstater better than?

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 12:07 PM
LMFAO

best stat ever. . .

don't worry, though-- it won't be any more effective at changing the myth of cutler's overwhelming number of red zone picks than trying to drain the ocean with a thimble. . . :lol:

people will just pretend they didn't see it, and go about their business. . . or tell you "he didn't want to be here," as though that must also prove that he was terrible when he was here. . .

enh. . . **** it. . . he ISN'T here, and it's honestly about the last possible subject i wnt to talk about on draft day. . .

who ya want, T?

Good man. LETS. MOVE. THE. F***. ON.

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
DURRRR!!

:welcome:

who the hell ISN'T brandstater better than?

Orton. :behindsofa:

Just kidding.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Orton. :behindsofa:

Just kidding.

H'Orton hears a who? I did not know he could play the quarterback position...we should let him try out. Couldn't be any worse then Orton...:lol:

Tned
04-22-2010, 12:43 PM

who ya want, T?

Well, since I don't follow the NCAA much pre-draft coverage, and haven't been able to get on here much lately, I'm pretty clueless.

I think we need a long-term answer at QB, but don't know enough about the QB's to know if this is the time to try and get one.

We need help at WR, but I half hope we don't draft one early, just because of the fighting it will cause based on his comparisons to Marshall and constantly resulting in the revisiting of getting rid of Marshall (I know a dumb reason, but I am sick of the constant bickering).

We likely need LB help (inside if Ayers is ready to be full time starter).

Still not clear where we are in terms of NT and ends, so that might warrant an early pick.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
well, since i don't follow the ncaa much pre-draft coverage, and haven't been able to get on here much lately, i'm pretty clueless.

I think we need a long-term answer at qb, but don't know enough about the qb's to know if this is the time to try and get one.

We need help at wr, but i half hope we don't draft one early, just because of the fighting it will cause based on his comparisons to marshall and constantly resulting in the revisiting of getting rid of marshall (i know a dumb reason, but i am sick of the constant bickering).

we likely need lb help (inside if ayers is ready to be full time starter).

Still not clear where we are in terms of nt and ends, so that might warrant an early pick.

amen

dogfish
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, since I don't follow the NCAA much pre-draft coverage, and haven't been able to get on here much lately, I'm pretty clueless.

you're not supposed to admit that type of stuff in public-- now your fearless leader image is all shot to hell. . . . :lol:

you still stuck across the pond?

Tned
04-22-2010, 03:09 PM
you're not supposed to admit that type of stuff in public-- now your fearless leader image is all shot to hell. . . . :lol:

you still stuck across the pond?

Shit, everone knows I am more of a computer geek than draft guru ;)

No, got out yesterday -- barely. The Amsterdam airport was like nothing I have ever seen. We were in line (8 people wide by 6-800 yards or longer) for an hour and a half, and it would have been another hour and a half JUST to get to the terminal where the ticket counters were and get in the ticket counter lines. Luckily, at that point, they came through and let people with Gold and Platinum elite (frequent flyer) statuses leave the line, because there were seperate lines in the main terminal for us. We were then in line for almost an hour and a half at the ticket counter, and made our flight by five minutes. If they hadn't pulled us ahead, we would have missed it by several hours. ----- Total nightmare.

Oops, I guess that was a little off topic :lol:

SOCALORADO.
04-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Shit, everone knows I am more of a computer geek than draft guru ;)

No, got out yesterday -- barely. The Amsterdam airport was like nothing I have ever seen. We were in line (8 people wide by 6-800 yards or longer) for an hour and a half, and it would have been another hour and a half JUST to get to the terminal where the ticket counters were and get in the ticket counter lines. Luckily, at that point, they came through and let people with Gold and Platinum elite (frequent flyer) statuses leave the line, because there were seperate lines in the main terminal for us. We were then in line for almost an hour and a half at the ticket counter, and made our flight by five minutes. If they hadn't pulled us ahead, we would have missed it by several hours. ----- Total nightmare.

Oops, I guess that was a little off topic :lol:

Amsterdam. Thats what you get for smokin weed.

Tned
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Amsterdam. Thats what you get for smokin weed.

The place sucks (nasty, dirty, etc) when you are a non-smoker. Would have preferred to stay in Berlin, but couldn't risk trying to make it through to Euro airports with the Volcano cloud.

I had to get home in time for the draft. :)

TXBRONC
04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
The place sucks (nasty, dirty, etc) when you are a non-smoker. Would have preferred to stay in Berlin, but couldn't risk trying to make it through to Euro airports with the Volcano cloud.

I had to get home in time for the draft. :)

A man with priorities.

arapaho2
04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
NO the ballot was done earlier in the year and Rivers was on a HUGE roll during the end of season.

if you look back at the stats Rivers had him hands down except in total yards.

2008 Denver Broncos 16 16 384 616 62.3 4,526 7.3 25 18 11 69 86.0 57 200 3.5 2 5 2

2008 San Diego 16 16 312 478 65.3 4,009 8.4 34 11 25 151 105.5 31 84 2.7 0 8 4

Any one that was objective at the time was wondering why jay went and rivers did not.

its no differant then in 06 when rivers made the probowl based off early games but underpreformed in the latter ones, when brady out shined him ..thats the way it is jr..instead of sniveling about it write to goodell and ask for the voting to not be over until the end of the season

and seriously the nod should have been cutler and rivers not cutler and favre...farve is the one that didnt deserve the probowl