PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Looking to Move Up

WARHORSE
04-20-2010, 07:19 PM
http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/...82485/21092865

Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert publicly announced that his team had held conversations with the St. Louis Rams about obtaining the No. 1 overall pick.

It will be interesting to see if the Denver Broncos are as forthcoming with their internal conversations.

I am told that some of the reason that Denver has been asking for picks rather than veteran players in return for Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler is that the club is considering making a significant proposal to the Rams for the first overall pick.

The Broncos feature Kyle Orton as their starting quarterback and recently acquired Brady Quinn, but head coach Josh McDaniels is thought to be very high on Sam Bradford and could see Orton as a stopgap starter until Bradford is ready to take over.

The Broncos own four picks within the draft's top 80 selections, including the 11th overall. Josh McDaniiels has shown a willingness to trade future picks in the past. He traded Denver's 2010 first round pick to Seattle last year for the right to move up in the second round and select Wake Forest cornerback Alphonso Smith.

WARHORSE
04-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Hmmm.......What would a "significant" package look like?

Kyle Orton......Our first this year.....our two seconds this year......our first next year.

?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
That would be a ballsy move.

T.K.O.
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
man that would shake things up.....i wonder what we would have to give up ?
our #11 and both 2nds or #11 and next years 1st i would assume.
i dont see him being worth that when we could easily get another solid qb prospect with a high 2nd

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
You got that right, love or hate the move you would have to respect the balls it takes to make that move

getlynched47
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
That would be a ballsy move.

It would be retarded.

The kind of contract the #1 overall pick requires is ridiculous. He would easily be the highest paid player BY FAR on our entire roster AS A ROOKIE!

Hell no, if McDaniels trades a lot of our picks for the #1 overall pick, I'm going to kick his ass.

The #1 overall pick is a curse. It really is. I hope this is just a smokescreen.

We have way too many holes to fill than to trade a significant amount of our picks for Sam freakin Bradford. We don't have an interior offensive line other than Chris Kuper right now. If Seth Olsen fails at Left Guard, who do we fall back on? Not Hochstein because he is coming off a torn ACL.

Don't do it. My goodness don't do it McDaniels. I've been patient with a lot of your bullshit moves, but trading for the #1 overall pick would be the tipping point for me.

broncobryce
04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Naw. Josh has a hard on for Tebow

topscribe
04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Well, that news item didn't last long.

It apparently has already been taken down . . .

-----

Bosco
04-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Well, that news item didn't last long.

It apparently has already been taken down . . .

-----

It didn't make any sense. You don't go get Quinn is Orton is just going to hold the fort for Bradford.

Timmy!
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Ruhtarded.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 07:54 PM
It didn't make any sense. You don't go get Quinn is Orton is just going to hold the fort for Bradford.

True that. two development projects and Orton. I think they've got enough to work with already.

Medford Bronco
04-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Naw. Josh has a hard on for Tebow

Well then he needs a cold shower then to forget that:lol:

SBboundBRONCOS
04-20-2010, 07:57 PM
this is one of the most retarded "news" reports ive ever seen, nothing said by anyone would indicate that we want to move up

there is not a single fact presented in this thing

Lancane
04-20-2010, 08:00 PM
True that. two development projects and Orton. I think they've got enough to work with already.

Most would consider Orton a project as well...

Brandstater, Quinn and possibly a quarterback in the draft... Tells me that Orton is a stop gap and they don't plan on resigning him after the season. So they're looking toward the future.

It would be too costly to get Bradford, it's not even realistic. Tebow is far more likely, unless it's all smoke and mirrors for Clausen?

HORSEPOWER 56
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Why would we move up when we can just take Tebow at #11? :D

dogfish
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM

i could demonstrate, but i don't want to get banned. . . . :heh:

seriously. . . the thought that we could be stockpiling picks in an effort to put together a trade for bradford has crossed my mind, although i dismissed it as fairly unlikely. . .

i wouldn't call it shocking if it happened, though-- QB is the most important position in pro sports, and we don't appear to have a quality long-term answer at the position. . . and bradford projects as the type of QB who could be an absolute stud in McD's offense. . . the rams are reportedly more than willing to trade out of that spot for significantly less value than what the trade chart calls for, and i think the cost would be bearable in that sense-- it's the contract that's such a huge risk. . . then again, there may not be a salary cap going forward, which would change the equation considerably. . .

i don't see it happening, but i can't deny that i'd LOVE to see bradford in orange and blue-- the possibility of using the additional picks to make a move for him was the most positive aspect of the cutler trade for me. . . i can't remember the last QB prospect i liked as well-- you'd probably have to go at least back to carson palmer. . .

why not? maybe if you're still looking at quinn as that blue chip prospect who you pencil in as the future, but he stopped being that guy a few years ago-- now he's a busted former blue chipper that his former team had to give away because no one wanted him. . .

if you picked up alex smith, would it be a reason not to take bradford?

quinn's still young and may have a chance to flourish under different coaching, but i don't in any way view his presence as a reason to pass on a chance to add talent at the sport's premiere position. . . it didn't cost us much of anything to get him, it's not like we're out much if we decide to go a different direction. . . just because mcD saw a chance to get a guy he wanted on the cheap before the draft doesn't mean he has to base his drafting around that acquisition. . . maybe he got quinn as insurance against missing the guy he really wants in the draft-- or maybe he thinks he can develop quinn into our long-term veteran backup QB. . . maybe he was hoping for a chance at bradford all along, and wanted a guy with more experience than brandstater to be the third because of concern about bradford's durability. . . maybe he thinks he can develop quinn and possibly get a big return on our small investment due to the value of QBs. . .

not saying any of this actually happened, but i can see any number of feasible scenarios where picking up a former top prospect for peanuts wouldn't necessarily preclude making another move later on. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
04-20-2010, 08:37 PM

seriously. . . the thought that we could be stockpiling picks in an effort to put together a trade for bradford has crossed my mind, although i dismissed it as fairly unlikely. . .

i wouldn't call it shocking if it happened, though-- QB is the most important position in pro sports, and we don't appear to have a quality long-term answer at the position. . . and bradford projects as the type of QB who could be an absolute stud in McD's offense. . . the rams are reportedly more than willing to trade out of that spot for significantly less value than what the trade chart calls for, and i think the cost would be bearable in that sense-- it's the contract that's such a huge risk. . . then again, there may not be a salary cap going forward, which would change the equation considerably. . .

i don't see it happening, but i can't deny that i'd LOVE to see bradford in orange and blue-- the possibility of using the additional picks to make a move for him was the most positive aspect of the cutler trade for me. . . i can't remember the last QB prospect i liked as well-- you'd probably have to go at least back to carson palmer. . .

why not? maybe if you're still looking at quinn as that blue chip prospect who you pencil in as the future, but he stopped being that guy a few years ago-- now he's a busted former blue chipper that his former team had to give away because no one wanted him. . .

quinn's still young and may have a chance to flourish under different coaching, but i don't in any way view his presence as a reason to pass on a chance to add talent at the sport's premiere position. . . it didn't cost us much of anything to get him, it's not like we're out much if we decide to go a different direction. . . just because mcD saw a chance to get a guy he wanted on the cheap before the draft doesn't mean he has to base his drafting around that acquisition. . . maybe he got quinn as insurance against missing the guy he really wants in the draft-- or maybe he thinks he can develop quinn into our long-term veteran backup QB. . . maybe he was hoping for a chance at bradford all along, and wanted a guy with more experience than brandstater to be the third because of concern about bradford's durability. . . maybe he thinks he can develop quinn and possibly get a big return on our small investment due to the value of QBs. . .

not saying any of this actually happened, but i can see any number of feasible scenarios where picking up a former top prospect for peanuts wouldn't necessarily preclude making another move later on. . .

ya know, I doubt we'd trade up to one for Bradford, but if he starts to slide like down to the 3rd pick range (in other words if the Rams don't take him - Detroit and Tampa don't need him.), I could see McDaniels trading up to 3 with Tampa Bay to get him. Especially because most likely Suh and McCoy would already be off the board.

WARHORSE
04-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Man, wouldnt that be a FUNK if Bradford slid down to the Skins pick at 4, and Denver traded up to get their QB of the future from Shanny????

heh heh. Id pay money to see that one.

I honestly believe the Browns have a deal in place already to move up and select Bradford.

If not the Browns..........SOMEONE.

The reasoning? The Rams dont have a deal with their prospective player done.

If they really wanted Bradford, I would think there would be contracts being talked about at an intense level at this point.

Only reason to hold off? Just in case someone else comes with a better deal on draft day of course...........

I will say this................IF McD is truly enamored with Bradford, its easy to see why. The accuracy he has is Bradylike.

Can he be a big time player? Dont know. But one thing he has..........great arm and accuracy.

In McDs system, thats a must............

Ravage!!!
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure Shanahan would take Bradford now that he has McNabb. He might...but I still think the LT is the way he would go. Doubt we'd ever find out.

nevcraw
04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Is this thread homoerotic or what?

package, ballsy, balls, hard on, cold shower, rutarded..

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm playing the BOVINE EXCREMENT card.

It is totally out of character for the NE model.

Lancane
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM

You're probably dead on...

When you think that both Denver and New England have Tebow on their respective draft boards, moving up for Bradford seems a bit exotic for the plan.

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 09:45 PM
You're probably dead on...

When you think that both Denver and New England have Tebow on their respective draft boards, moving up for Bradford seems a bit exotic for the plan.
If anything it will be TEBOW in the first and then solidify the OLINE in the second and looking at NT in the third.

I could see them moving back somewhat to before MIN in the first and snagging Tebow there and using the extra choice for filling holes.

What ever happens happens out of MY control .and the calls I've made to Josh have went unanswered.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DenBronx
04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
do you guys really think someone is going to take tebow in the first over mccoy?

shank
04-20-2010, 10:49 PM
http://thingsifoundatthethriftstore.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/do-not-want-dog.jpg

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 10:52 PM
do you guys really think someone is going to take tebow in the first over mccoy?

Yep I think his stock has risen to just behind classen if not in front of him.

If there was no interest Josh and Xman would not have had him in on monday when they should have been finalizing the draft board.

Look to Tebow wearing orange and blue in 2010

dogfish
04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Look to Tebow wearing orange and blue in 2010

do you HAVE to keep saying that?

SHANAHAN! SHANAHAN! SHANAHAN!!

Ziggy
04-20-2010, 11:09 PM

I understand what you're saying JR, but the entire 2009 Broncos draft was out of character for the NE model.

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
I understand what you're saying JR, but the entire 2009 Broncos draft was out of character for the NE model. YEp but that was because of the time crunch they were under. they had limited choice on the board to get what they wanted.

After not having a scouting staff that was looking for Josh players the year before and having to hire a coaching staff that then had to guide the scouts to what they were looking for the board shrunk in size.

Had he had a full season for the scouts to grade "JOSH" players not MIke players then I think with perhaps the exception of Moreno he would have been very reserved in his choices.

I'll bet outside of tebow the first two days will be LOS players. only. and that would fall back into the NE model he is used to.

time will tell.

^^^
04-20-2010, 11:23 PM

Does anyone remember this from a couple of months ago?

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14350771

Broncos might draft quarterback, Bowlen says
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/07/2010 01:00:00 AM MST
Updated: 02/08/2010 02:43:06 PM MST

Pat Bowlen watches the Broncos' victory over the Raiders last season in Oakland. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — In his first interview since the Broncos faded from a 6-0 start to an 8-8 finish, Pat Bowlen, the team's owner since 1984, addressed his club's hot-button issues with The Denver Post on Super Bowl eve Saturday.

Bowlen said he would like star receiver Brandon Marshall to remain with the Broncos, but wouldn't block a trade if rookie coach Josh McDaniels feels it would benefit the team. Bowlen revealed the plan is for Kyle Orton to remain the Broncos' quarterback, but the team hopes to select another quarterback in the upcoming draft.

Bowlen said he wasn't troubled by McDaniels' decision to bench Marshall and Tony Scheffler in the season's final game, saying it was necessary for a young coach to

Fans, sign up now for Broncos Premium, our website offering don't-miss news, analysis and features only available to registered users. It's free!

View Denver Broncos photos.
Find analysis, notes and buzz on the All Things Broncos blog.
Ask Mike Klis about the team or NFL in the Broncos Mailbag.
Post photos of your team spirit.
assert his authority.

"If I learned anything, (it) is these kinds of things are learning experiences, especially for a brand new, 33-year-old coach, who obviously has all the pedigree but has never before had the job," Bowlen said. "And now he's faced with the job. And so I think from my standpoint, he did a very good job handling that."

For the first time in his 26-year reign as Broncos owner, Bowlen has gone through four consecutive seasons without a playoff experience.

"Thanks for reminding me," Bowlen said.

In those four seasons, Bowlen often has had a Marshall issue cross his desk. Marshall has been the team's most talented and productive player the past four years. But he also has forced Bowlen to make sure head trainer Steve "Greek" Antonopulos never runs out of aspirin.

"I think Brandon is going through a maturing process," Bowlen said. "Personally, I saw change in his personality and approach to things (this past season). He didn't have the same sort of attitude and anxiety that he's had. I personally would like to see him stay. And there's still a good possibility that could happen."

However, Bowlen understands there are extenuating circumstances to guarantee Marshall's return — most notably the uncertainty of the league's labor situation. Bowlen respected the gag order commissioner Roger Goodell placed on owners at their meeting earlier Saturday, but the Broncos may not be in position to offer multiyear contracts to any of their restricted free agents — a group that includes Marshall, Orton, Scheffler, Elvis Dumervil and Chris Kuper. That's the case so long as there remains a threat of a work stoppage in 2011.

Would Marshall return on a one-year deal?

"I'd like to see Brandon stay," Bowlen said. "Now, if the head coach sits down and says no, I want to trade him, or I've got a deal that's going to be beneficial to the club, I don't think I'm going to override him.

"I think Brandon going through this whole process last year, I think it matured him a little bit, if not a lot. And I think he's, at least I hope he is, wondering if it's the right thing for him to move to another team. I think that's a question mark in his mind. He hasn't told me that, but I have a sense of that."

As for who will throw to Marshall next season, or throw to receivers other than Marshall, Bowlen said Orton is his man.

"I want Kyle back," Bowlen said. "Orton is a good quarterback. I'd also like to think we might have the opportunity to draft a young quarterback, not necessarily to come in and play right away, but if you have the opportunity to draft somebody, that would be a plus for us."

He wasn't specific, but the assumption is the Broncos would not wait until the later rounds if they chose to draft a quarterback.

Aware McDaniels has received his share of criticism through his first year for making such bold moves as trading away quarterback Jay Cutler, benching Marshall and Scheffler for the season's final game, and allowing defensive coordinator Mike Nolan to leave for a similar job with Miami, Bowlen endorsed his coach's style while adding any mistakes that were made will be corrected with experience.

"I wasn't particularly upset or in angst about the way he handled it," Bowlen said. "He wants to establish his own discipline and his own personality as far as the way he wants to run his club. And I think, as time goes, that will mellow out a little bit. But I think he was trying to make a point or let people know that he wasn't going to be a pushover. And I think a lot of that comes from his age. The fact is he's young, he has to assert that kind of authority. And I agree with him, because he has to gain the respect of the players.

"I'm certainly not disappointed. We would have liked to have won a couple more games and made it to the playoffs, but we didn't. We were 8-8 essentially for the fourth year in a row, but he's got his stamp on the team. I think at this point going forward, players and staff are going to know what to expect."

Near the end of the interview, Bowlen was told about rumors he was out of touch with what was going on with his franchise. Told that didn't seem to be the case, he said: "Are you sure? Something must be wrong. No, I'm very comfortable with what I have regarding our team. You might come back to me nine months from now and ask, 'Are you still comfortable?' But I'm not uncomfortable with what I see as far as the Broncos are concerned."

Itll be interesting if Denver does something as radical as move up for Bradford, who played for Bowlen's alma mater, in that youve been hearing about how Pat stays out of the way.

So, we're to believe that Pat stays out of the way and/or isnt at fault for any of the front office screw ups but then when the front office sells the farm for Bradford, theres no linkage to Pat having gone to school in Oklahoma? Something smells.

dogfish
04-21-2010, 12:22 AM

Itll be interesting if Denver does something as radical as move up for Bradford, who played for Bowlen's alma mater, in that youve been hearing about how Pat stays out of the way.

So, we're to believe that Pat stays out of the way and/or isnt at fault for any of the front office screw ups but then when the front office sells the farm for Bradford, theres no linkage to Pat having gone to school in Oklahoma? Something smells.

i do remember that. . .

although, if we do move up for bradford-- very much a long shot, IMO-- i wouldn't necessarily say that i see that much connection. . . for one thing, we've never shown any notable preference for sooners, and bowlen's owned the team a long time now-- and more importantly, bradford is already the consensus top quarterback and likely number one overall pick based on his own merit. . .

it IS kinda weird to hear him making football comments after all these years, but i suppose it shouldn't be a shock-- i'm sure it was easier to stay in the shadows when his head coach had the credibility of two super bowl rings. . .

^^^
04-21-2010, 12:52 AM
i do remember that. . .

although, if we do move up for bradford-- very much a long shot, IMO-- i wouldn't necessarily say that i see that much connection. . . for one thing, we've never shown any notable preference for sooners, and bowlen's owned the team a long time now-- and more importantly, bradford is already the consensus top quarterback and likely number one overall pick based on his own merit. . .

it IS kinda weird to hear him making football comments after all these years, but i suppose it shouldn't be a shock-- i'm sure it was easier to stay in the shadows when his head coach had the credibility of two super bowl rings. . .

Wasnt the Lelie pick something that Bowlen was pushing?

The other thing is that, who is to say Mr. "This one's for John" isnt a QB guy? Why is #30 not retired? Elway was the QB for the majority of the time Mr "This one's for John" has owned the team. Since the time Elway retired, there really hasnt been much coming out of OU in the way of QBs.

Admittedly, this is speculative and you might be right but it just seems Bowlen conveniently picks and chooses when to be involved. Take last year for example. Bowlen commented that trading this years #14 pick wasnt to save money implying that such a financial restriction didnt exist. But when it came to Moreno's contract, Pat spoke in such a way that indicated he was more heavily involved.

Shazam!
04-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Lancane,

You have repeatedly suggested in numerous threads that you and those 'around the Leage' believe Orton is just a 'stopgap measure'.

He never was anything more than a stopgap measure, and everyone knows this and knew it from the start. He was simply the best QB McDaniels could get that had significant experience for Cutler that could fit the system. He never was the longterm answer at QB for the future of the Broncos.

However, I dont care who the **** the Broncos get if they trade for a Top 5 pick or the No. 1, Im gonna be super-dooper-frigging-mega-ultra pissed at McDaniels if he trades up. There is no need for it.

Lancane
04-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Lancane,

You have repeatedly suggested in numerous threads that you and those 'around the Leage' believe Orton is just a 'stopgap measure'.

He never was anything more than a stopgap measure, and everyone knows this and knew it from the start. He was simply the best QB McDaniels could get that had significant experience for Cutler that could fit the system. He never was the longterm answer at QB for the future of the Broncos.

However, I dont care who the **** the Broncos get if they trade for a Top 5 pick or the No. 1, Im gonna be super-dooper-frigging-mega-ultra pissed at McDaniels if he trades up. There is no need for it.

Whoa, back up your damn horses Shazam...when did I say that I thought trading up was a smart move? It's gutsy, I would say that much about it if they did...but I'm against moving up at all. So I don't get where you think I'm for doing such...I am with you on this, I would be pissed.

As to mentioning Orton being a stop-gap measure, I've mentioned it...but the 'Orton Supporters' don't buy it, actually they've gone out of their way to try and argue against it. I think Denver is more likely to take Tebow or McCoy compared to Bradford, or even Clausen. But for some reason I think Tebow is their guy...

Right now I believe they will trade down and not far, I also would not be surprised if they trade next years first round pick to New Orleans along with a second round or third round pick this year to get Tebow.

dogfish
04-21-2010, 01:59 AM
But for some reason I think Tebow is their guy...

of course he's their guy. . . i hate the idea, what better proof could there be?

:doh:

Dirk
04-21-2010, 05:42 AM
Oh I love the drama of the offseason!!

I hope that they don't move up to get Bradford. Not because he isn't a quality prospect, but because of the $$ that goes along with it.

Would I be pissed if they got some decent trade to do it? Not at all. Bradford will be good in the league. Damn good IMO. Maybe not in St. Louis. That team hasn't been the same since Vermeil left.

But you know....the whole Tebow in town could be a smokescreen so they can get Bradford or Clausen. Make someone else bite for Tebow that wants him.

I wouldn't mind at all if Tebow was drafted by the Broncos. I think he is worth a shot at a low 1st or high 2nd.

Traveler
04-21-2010, 07:21 AM
I'll be glad when we finally know who our picks will be. Tired of all the speculation.

We can move on to how good/bad the selections are.

broncofaninfla
04-21-2010, 07:46 AM
This time of year it's hard to believe ANY thing you read or hear related to the draft. ALL coaches/GM's will mix lies in with the truth. It's a poker game and nobody is going to show thier hand. Misinformation is leaked strategically as is real information, all with the intent of making other teams panic and move. I've liked what Mcd has said leading up to the draft this year but I can't say I believe it all. Not a shot at Mcd, they all do it. I'm guessing if a source did tell this cat Denver is looking to move, it is about as reliable Josina Anderson twitter reports............

Shazam!
04-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Whoa, back up your damn horses Shazam...when did I say that I thought trading up was a smart move? It's gutsy, I would say that much about it if they did...but I'm against moving up at all. So I don't get where you think I'm for doing such...I am with you on this, I would be pissed.

As to mentioning Orton being a stop-gap measure, I've mentioned it...but the 'Orton Supporters' don't buy it, actually they've gone out of their way to try and argue against it. I think Denver is more likely to take Tebow or McCoy compared to Bradford, or even Clausen. But for some reason I think Tebow is their guy...

Right now I believe they will trade down and not far, I also would not be surprised if they trade next years first round pick to New Orleans along with a second round or third round pick this year to get Tebow.

Lancane I was referring only to Orton in reference to you. Not the Draft.

Northman
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
It would be retarded.

The kind of contract the #1 overall pick requires is ridiculous. He would easily be the highest paid player BY FAR on our entire roster AS A ROOKIE!

Hell no, if McDaniels trades a lot of our picks for the #1 overall pick, I'm going to kick his ass.

The #1 overall pick is a curse. It really is. I hope this is just a smokescreen.

We have way too many holes to fill than to trade a significant amount of our picks for Sam freakin Bradford. We don't have an interior offensive line other than Chris Kuper right now. If Seth Olsen fails at Left Guard, who do we fall back on? Not Hochstein because he is coming off a torn ACL.

Don't do it. My goodness don't do it McDaniels. I've been patient with a lot of your bullshit moves, but trading for the #1 overall pick would be the tipping point for me.

No shit. I would totally be off the McD bandwagon at that point.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Absolutely. McDaniels made a terrific move in how he got Quinn. If Quinn becomes the starter we give up a 4th pick next season if remember correctly. (NB: I'm not holding my breath that Quinn will be able to turn it around.) If he flops here like he did in Cleveland I think we give up a 6th rounder next season that's still not a big deal in my opinion. Because of what he gave up to get Quinn I don't see how that precludes him from drafting a quarterback he sees being the future of the franchise.

Northman
04-21-2010, 09:21 AM

He made those statements before we picked up Quinn. I seriously doubt we move up for Bradford or anyone. I would of hoped that McD learned from last year.

WARHORSE
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Bradford is built for McDs offense. To the T.

Plays out of the shotgun most of the time but can play under center as well.

Has that pinpoint accuracy and ability to move in the pocket, out of the pocket.

Strong arm with deep accuracy as well.

We need a franchise QB..................but I dont think this will happen.

Love to see it happen at the fourth pick though.

Tempus Fugit
04-21-2010, 11:34 AM
If the Broncos think Bradford's the real deal, and they can move up to get him without being held for ransom, they'd be stupid not to do it.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
If the Broncos think Bradford's the real deal, and they can move up to get him without being held for ransom, they'd be stupid not to do it.

It will take king's ransom to get Bradford unless he slips out of the top five.

^^^
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM

I think, if you add up every pick we have, it only nets us the 3rd overall pick.

topscribe
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I think, if you add up every pick we have, it only nets us the 3rd overall pick.

May I call you ^ for short?

-----

dogfish
04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
May I call you ^ for short?

-----

looks like you won't need to call him anything. . . banned already?

must be a dupe account or something?

JDL
04-21-2010, 08:02 PM

Kyle Orton......Our first this year.....our two seconds this year......our first next year.

?

1st, 2nd, 4th AND Elvis Dumervil - Minimum

Harris or Bailey are the other two more expendable/valuable players we have.

Bailey is going into the last year of his deal and Harris has more value than as just a RT as he can potentially play LT. I doubt either would be considered, but would not be shocked if Dumervil was included, if as reported earlier this year, he is looking for Demarcus Ware type money... Pats philosophy has never been to overpay the guys (good seeds or bad) that have come in asking for outrageous money. IF he did that, it wouldn't shock me to see the team move him.

TXBRONC
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
looks like you won't need to call him anything. . . banned already?

must be a dupe account or something?

It was Lex.

EMB6903
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Broncos looking to move up?

says who, a sports writer?

BroncoBJ
04-21-2010, 09:03 PM
It was Lex.

:lol: How many accounts has Lex had?

But I just heard a slight rumor that the Eagles might want to move up to #11 for their 24th and 37th :elefant:

So many rumors. My heads gonna explode. :fight: