PDA

View Full Version : Dear Broncos Front Office..

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Please don't draft Tim Tebow.

Sincerely, the broncos fans.

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
wrong I want Tim Tebow so speak for yourself not Broncos fans!!

MileHighCrew
I here by second this message

BroncoWave
:lol: Yes because I'm sure every Broncos fan agrees with you.

Personally, I would love for us to get Tebow in round 2 if he's still there.

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
If they are taking requests I would love a new franchise QB (not Tebow) to cheer for and I have a few other ideas as well.

broncophan
04-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Please don't draft Tim Tebow.

Sincerely, the broncos fans.

I am sure if they don't draft Tebow...it will be because you asked them not to.....

slim
04-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Tebow or bust!

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 06:19 PM
So whats to lose if we take him in the 2nd round? If hes a stud great, we look like champs. If not, so what we have wasted first round picks in the past why not a 2nd rounder!? This guy can help our short yardage problem right away. But doesnt matter because someone is gonna take him in the first. (I hope we trade back) No one I repeat No one has been as good as he was in college for 4 years and be a bust in the pros that just doesnt happen!

BroncoWave
04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
So whats to lose if we take him in the 2nd round? If hes a stud great, we look like champs. If not, so what we have wasted first round picks in the past why not a 2nd rounder!? This guy can help our short yardage problem right away. But doesnt matter because someone is gonna take him in the first. (I hope we trade back) No one I repeat No one has been as good as he was in college for 4 years and be a bust in the pros that just doesnt happen!

Oh there is no way that last part is true. Now I do think Tebow will be a good QB, but I guarantee there have been guys who have had 3 greats years in college (Tebow didn't play enough his first year for it to be considered a great season for him personally) and were busts in the NFL.

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Just for an example here is a list of greatest college football players ever minus Tim Tebow...who is in the top 5 ever. how many of these guys flopped in the NFL?

http://www.americasbestonline.com/cfootball100.htm

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Ahh shot I found one hahaha well its debatable Ron Dayne. But still there are a lot of names on the list that didnt bust...Tebow has that (extra factor) that wont let him be a bust.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, he's gonna forget 10 years of bad muscle memory in a few months and be the next john elway. Keep thinking that.

BroncoWave
04-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, he's gonna forget 10 years of bad muscle memory in a few months and be the next john elway. Keep thinking that.

If he were going to be starting this year you would have a point, but he isn't going to.

If given a few years to develop, his delivery could easily be fixed over that span. In what fantasy world of yours does he only have a few months to achieve this?

Also, who said he would be John Elway, and why would he even need to be near that good to be justified as a round 2 pick?

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
I really hope someone does use a 1st on Tebow, just not Denver.

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM

A lot of players do it...im a college baseball coach I see it happen all the time.

Tell you what I just watched that video with Josh on NFL.com and they asked him about this years draft and what hes looking for. What he says describes Tebow perfectly.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
If he were going to be starting this year you would have a point, but he isn't going to.

If given a few years to develop, his delivery could easily be fixed over that span. In what fantasy world of yours does he only have a few months to achieve this?

Also, who said he would be John Elway, and why would he even need to be near that good to be justified as a round 2 pick?

Fair enough, but in a draft class with sooo many great talents, do you REALLY think a second rounder (remember the day break) should be used on a guy who right now is nowhere close to an nfl qb so he can develop? Many good developmental qbs will be there in the second round.

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Fair enough, but in a draft class with sooo many great talents, do you REALLY think a second rounder (remember the day break) should be used on a guy who right now is nowhere close to an nfl qb so he can develop? Many good developmental qbs will be there in the second round.

So you think Tebow cant help us at all in year one? I do just like he did in Florida his Freshman year. Third and one....Third and goal...we have struggled forever with those situations. Spread it out Tim up the Middle for 5, 10, 15 whatever. He will be more than just a QB hes an offensive weapon.

Bosco
04-20-2010, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't mind Tebow. His personality and desire to succeed are very rare and McD could easily coach up his fundamentals.

That said, it's pretty unlikely. The combination of Tebow's stock rising and us having Quinn on the roster pretty much kills the chance of Tebow ending up here.

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 06:44 PM
So you think Tebow cant help us at all in year one? I do just like he did in Florida his Freshman year. Third and one....Third and goal...we have struggled forever with those situations. Spread it out Tim up the Middle for 5, 10, 15 whatever. He will be more than just a QB hes an offensive weapon.

Didn't we draft a runningback in the 1st last year for 3 & 1 or 3 & goal?

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Didn't we draft a runningback in the 1st last year for 3 & 1 or 3 & goal?

Yea how he do?

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 06:53 PM
So spend one of the picks that could be used to fix the line and the problem on Tebow? Sound logic

BroncoWave
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
So spend one of the picks that could be used to fix the line and the problem on Tebow? Sound logic

McD has already said that he's going to draft the best player on his board at each pick, so if Tebow is the best player on his board at 43, that's who we're getting. Drafting just to fill a need when there might not be a player worthy of being picked that high at that spot is a perfect recipe for a bad draft pick.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Yea how he do?

He did excellent. He broke many tackles and jumped OVER the line of scrimmage multiple times. He also broke alot of tackles. Unfortunately he was constantly met by defensive tackles in the backfield as nobody would block for him. Are you really trying to insinuate tebow could run better on 3rd and short than knowshon moreno? Because that's just fuggin ridiculous if so.

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 06:59 PM
With that logic I hope Clausen, Tebow, and Colt McCoy are the top players in his draft for the first 3 picks. Just because they say that doesn't mean common sense doesn't play a part in the process

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 07:03 PM
He did excellent. He broke many tackles and jumped OVER the line of scrimmage multiple times. He also broke alot of tackles. Unfortunately he was constantly met by defensive tackles in the backfield as nobody would block for him. Are you really trying to insinuate tebow could run better on 3rd and short than knowshon moreno? Because that's just fuggin ridiculous if so.

Yes I am and its not even close so I think your ridiculous...The guy is one of the greatest short yardage backs in history of college football.

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
"McD has already said that he's going to draft the best player on his board at each pick, "

and what is the coach going to say. We took the less talented guy but you know we didn't need the talent. No they are going to say what they want you to hear and take the best player they need for the team

dogfish
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Yes I am and its not even close so I think your ridiculous...The guy is one of the greatest short yardage backs in history of college football.

who would have been stuffed like a turkey on almost all of the short yardage tries we failed on last year. . . unless you think he can run over defensive linemen in the A gap. . . .

:rofl:

the guy that blocked for tebow would be a better fix for our short yardage woes than tebow himself. . . .

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-20-2010, 07:20 PM
who would have been stuffed like a turkey on almost all of the short yardage tries we failed on last year. . . unless you think he can run over defensive linemen in the A gap. . . .

the guy that blocked for tebow would be a better fix for our short yardage woes than tebow himself. . . .

Yep...I think that's all that needs to be said.

/thread

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Then you dont get short yardage running....how many guy does LT run over or how about Marcus Allen? Nevermind I sometimes forget who I'm talking with.

MileHighCrew
04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Then you dont get short yardage running....how many guy does LT run over or how about roger craig? Nevermind I sometimes forget who I'm talking with.

So you are suggesting we use a high pick on a situational RB or a wild cat QB?:confused:

dogfish
04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Then you dont get short yardage running....how many guy does LT run over or how about Marcus Allen? Nevermind I sometimes forget who I'm talking with.

oh, that third-rate sarcasm-- it buuuuurns!

:lol:

when you have no good response, always try to distract their attention by slipping a weak insult in there, huh?

cuzz4169
04-20-2010, 07:42 PM
So you are suggesting we use a high pick on a situational RB or a wild cat QB?:confused:

No I'm saying his rookie year he would help as that type of player. Converting on third downs wins games scoring on third and short instead of kicking field goals wins games. 10TDs from Tebow and Moreno would be huge..The different things we could do with those two is scary.

All I'm saying is I think he has to be an option to be looked at is all...the number one question in football minds is will he help our team? I think he does right away and as a QB down the road. He will be a comparable player or even better than Mcnabb.

Subtract his throwing motion in college just look at the plays this kid made. Then put in the mix all the other stuff he brings with him. The kid has the drive to compete against anything and anyone hes a winner and he did this against all the top competition from high school to college.

Sorry Im on his band wagon I think hes gonna be a stud..I'm not a pro scout our a Gm but I like to think I know a little about football.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Dear Broncos Front Office,

Why start listening to what the fans want, now? Carry On! Go get ya boy Tebow! :D

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Just to be clear, I DO like tebow, but closer to the 5th-7th round not second!

drewloc
04-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Just to be clear, I DO like tebow, but closer to the 5th-7th round not second!

I wouldn't mind Tebow, just not in the first, if we use a second on him fine. One guy I DO NOT want though is Claussen. That guy is going to be a bust, mark my words.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't mind Tebow, just not in the first, if we use a second on him fine. One guy I DO NOT want though is Claussen. That guy is going to be a bust, mark my words.

Clausen played with a running game nobody respected and a weak defense. He got hit over and over and was always throwing against a defense that was waiting for the throw not the run unlike bradford. He also played in a pro style offense and is just as accurate as bradford. he's the best quarterback in the draft he won't be there at our 11 pick and we're most likely trading back anyway.

cuzz4169
04-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Clausen played with a running game nobody respected and a weak defense. He got hit over and over and was always throwing against a defense that was waiting for the throw not the run unlike bradford. He also played in a pro style offense and is just as accurate as bradford. he's the best quarterback in the draft he won't be there at our 11 pick and we're most likely trading back anyway.

No wonder why we are bumping heads because I think Clausen is the worst of the top 4 QBs. His accuracy is horrible, just like ah I forgot his name on espn said he threw a lot of jump balls. I think hes a bust and you will see him drop in the draft. Plus I know for a fact hes a douch!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-21-2010, 11:21 PM
No wonder why we are bumping heads because I think Clausen is the worst of the top 4 QBs. His accuracy is horrible, just like ah I forgot his name on espn said he threw a lot of jump balls. I think hes a bust and you will see him drop in the draft. Plus I know for a fact hes a douch!

Yeah I think you were the one who first told me about him being a douche waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before any of the draft gurus said a word about it. So yeah we can agree to disagree on this one and both hope our team wins some games!!!

Overtime
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
tebow will = Todd Blackledge.

do not want!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
For those who are so dead set against not wanting the Broncos to draft Tebow, what is the reason(s)?

Lancane
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
For those who are so dead set against not wanting the Broncos to draft Tebow, what is the reason(s)?

Anal frustration from constepation due to overdoses of anti-psychotic prescription drug use.

Best guess I could come up with... :laugh:

Tebow reminds me of Plummer as far as his playing style and Steve Young as far as athletic traits...all in all someone that could be a hell of a quarterback.

dogfish
04-22-2010, 12:45 PM

because i don't want to spend a high draft pick on a quarterback who's going to have to be taught how to throw the ball! any more than i want a receiver who doesn't have good hands or a linebacker that a questionable tackler. . .

if florida doesn't win two national championships, i think he's a 3rd or 4th round pick. . . i think people have ridiculously overhyped him because of his demonstrative christianity. . . he's made out to be this guy who just works harder than anyone else, and i think it's a bunch of dogshit, pardon my french-- there are tons of good kids and hard workers in this draft who have just as many quality intangibles as tim tebow, but they don't get the same media attention. . .

CJ spiller, as just one example-- he graduated in three and a half years despite playing football as well as track, and he claims warrick dunn as his role model. . . but because he isn't a gigantic show-off, putting scripture on his eye black and preaching every time there's a camera around, he doesn't get the same nauseating amount of media recognition. . .

i think tebow's a three year project, and i hate drafting project players in the first round or two. . .

dogfish
04-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Tebow reminds me of Plummer as far as his playing style

see, there ya go-- i couldn't possibly come up with a better reason for not wanting the guy!

thanks, cane. . .

topscribe
04-22-2010, 12:47 PM
because i don't want to spend a high draft pick on a quarterback who's going to have to be taught how to throw the ball! any more than i want a receiver who doesn't have good hands or a linebacker that a questionable tackler. . .

if florida doesn't win two national championships, i think he's a 3rd or 4th round pick. . . i think people have ridiculously overhyped him because of his demonstrative christianity. . . he's made out to be this guy who just works harder than anyone else, and i think it's a bunch of dogshit, pardon my french-- there are tons of good kids and hard workers in this draft who have just as many quality intangibles as tim tebow, but they don't get the same media attention. . .

CJ spiller, as just one example-- he graduated in three and a half years despite playing football as well as track, and he claims warrick dunn as his role model. . . but because he isn't a gigantic show-off, putting scripture on his eye black and preaching every time there's a camera around, he doesn't get the same nauseating amount of media recognition. . .

i think tebow's a three year project, and i hate drafting project players in the first round or two. . .

QFT - You said in one post what I've been trying to convey the last two days . . .

-----

Lancane
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM
see, there ya go-- i couldn't possibly come up with a better reason for not wanting the guy!

thanks, cane. . .

Plummer was not as strong, as smart nor as accurate...even though I hated Jake personally, I thought he had the tangibles to be better then he was. And I think Tebow with the right offense and coach will be a dangerous quarterback in the NFL.

Tempus Fugit
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM

1.) Quarterbacks are usually project players, no matter when they are picked. People have been ignoring that when talking about Tebow.

2.) Tebow is a large part of the reason that the Gators won those titles. It's like saying "If the Patriots hadn't won 3 Super Bowls, people wouldn't think as highly of Brady".

3.) Tebow gets bagged on because of his Christianity as much as they hype him for it.

I wouldn't use a #1 on the guy, but if a head coach (for any team) thinks he can fix that throwing motion, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

slim
04-22-2010, 12:55 PM

That's not entirely fair, dog.

He had one of the greatest college careers in recent memory...that is why is why he gets a lot of hype. I am not saying that his college success will translate to the pros, but I think it is silly to just brush him off as a circus act and discount him as a football player.

Lancane
04-22-2010, 01:04 PM

He had one of the greatest college careers in recent memory...that is why is why he gets a lot of hype. I am not saying that his college success will translate to the pros, but I think it is silly to just brush him off as a circus act and discount him as a football player.

He's a football player, not a prima donna quarterback... He's a tough nosed make it happen footballer. He doesn't care if he has to run, throw it seventy yards or whatever...he does what it takes to win and leads that way as well. He's not a mistake free, play it safe option...you stick it in his hands and he will do whatever he can to get the job done.

LTC Pain
04-22-2010, 01:06 PM

I suppose I have a question even before you ask this one Carol. With the acquistion of Quinn and clear needs at Center, ILB and WR, why would the Broncos want or need to take a QB in this draft?

jlarsiii
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM

And to what can we attribute his "great" college career to? Was that all because of Tebow or in spite of him?

I remember when Leinart came out for the draft and he was talked up to be this great future pro-QB because of his "great" college career. Years later it appears that his "great" college career was inflated due to the fact that he was on a ridiculously talented college team. He has not done anything in the pros to date.

I use that as a tale of caution. I am not sold on Tebow at all until he can prove me wrong, and I sure hope that he has to prove it somewhere else other than the Broncos.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
1.) Quarterbacks are usually project players, no matter when they are picked. People have been ignoring that when talking about Tebow.

2.) Tebow is a large part of the reason that the Gators won those titles. It's like saying "If the Patriots hadn't won 3 Super Bowls, people wouldn't think as highly of Brady".

3.) Tebow gets bagged on because of his Christianity as much as they hype him for it.

I wouldn't use a #1 on the guy, but if a head coach (for any team) thinks he can fix that throwing motion, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

I wondered if Christianity was why some do not want him. If so, has anyone listened to Brian Dawkins speak??? Many times when he speaks, he includes his STRONG faith in what he is saying.

slim
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
And to what can we attribute his "great" college career to? Was that all because of Tebow or in spite of him?

I remember when Leinart came out for the draft and he was talked up to be this great future pro-QB because of his "great" college career. Years later it appears that his "great" college career was inflated due to the fact that he was on a ridiculously talented college team. He has not done anything in the pros to date.

I use that as a tale of caution. I am not sold on Tebow at all until he can prove me wrong, and I sure hope that he has to prove it somewhere else other than the Broncos.

Right, he contributed nothing to the team and was a crappy college player.

Thanks for setting me straight.

dogfish
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM

that's kind of my point-- QBs have enough of a transition to make just learning to read defenses, absorbing a pro playbook, etc etc. . . i think people are minimalizing the difficulty of changing a QB's delivery. . . he's been throwing that way since high school and probably earlier, and in NO way do i buy that a month or two of practice snaps in shorts has changed the way he's going to throw when he has defensive linemen bearing down on him. . .

he's going to have more than enough to think about, and IMO trying to "remember" to throw it in a way you aren't accustomed to is going to be a major impediment when he needs to be making split-second decisions. . .

add in the fact that he's always looked like a push passer whose arm is average at best by NFL standards, he has little experience reading defenses from under center, and i just don't like the oddsthat he's going to work out at the next level. . . JMO, but i'll happily let someone else take the chance. . . in the range where he's likely to come off the board, i just think there are a number of players who are safer picks and can help us just as much. . .

i'm not trying to marginalize what he did in college, but i just don't expect his game to translate. . . there are tons of guys who've had great college careers who have sunks like stones in the pros-- chris leak won a national championship with the same coach and the same system, even some of the same surrounding talent. . .

i've never said tebow can't succeed at the pro level. . . i just don't like his odds, and i don't want us to draft him as high as we'd likely need to. . . again, JMO. . .

dogfish
04-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I wondered if Christianity was why some do not want him. If so, has anyone listened to Brian Dawkins speak??? Many times when he speaks, he includes his STRONG faith in what he is saying.

i have no more problems with him being christian than i did with hamzah abdullah being a muslim, or elvis dumervil being a voodoo priest (kidding). . .

i just don't think it makes him a better prospect than anyone else. . .