PDA

View Full Version : What dope smoking bust will Mike draft this time???

sanluis
04-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I wonder what loser Denver will try to draft this time?? Looks like you guys are becoming quite renowned for your resent draft failures. :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8068754/Five-year-draft-rankings:-Teams-25-32

31. Denver Broncos
Current roster: 12 of 37 (8 starters). The drafts between 2003 and 2005 were especially dismal, with only three of 26 players still on the team.

Best pick: The Broncos remain hopeful that Jay Cutler (2006/first) is the answer at quarterback that Denver has sought since John Elway's 1999 retirement.

Biggest mistake: Among many, the worst was selecting Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett (2005/third). Clarett went unclaimed after being waived during the preseason and is now currently serving prison time on multiple convictions.

Front office: While the buck has always stopped with head coach Mike Shanahan, that became more apparent than ever in February when Ted Sundquist left his post as the team's general manager. The Broncos haven't named a replacement.

Comment: Like many of the others who have tried to handle dual coach/GM roles, Shanahan's brilliance with Xs and Os hasn't translated to college talent assessment. This must be corrected, as team owner Pat Bowlen no longer seems willing to fund Shanahan's free-agent spending sprees.

:lol:

BigDaddyBronco
04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
What is the over/under on the number of Chargers getting busted for performance enhancing drugs being higher than Bronco 1st round draft busts?

Rex
04-25-2008, 12:57 PM
What are the odds that this douche bag will make another ignorant trolling post in the next 2 minutes?

sanluis
04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
What is the over/under on the number of Chargers getting busted for performance enhancing drugs being higher than Bronco 1st round draft busts?

I don't know. You better check with Vegas !! :D

sanluis
04-25-2008, 01:04 PM
What are the odds that this douche bag will make another ignorant trolling post in the next 2 minutes?

Trolling post???!! I thought the attached article was and excellent read and pertain to the up coming draft. Now if you are going to be a baby about it and call me names maybe you should get your diaper changed squirt and stay in the general discussion threads! :D

http://uk.gizmodo.com/baby,crying,tantrum.jpg

underrated29
04-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi san,

Like said above about as good as the chargers loosing yet another player to the needles of steroids. Only thing is, ours dont get suspended.

Rex
04-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Trolling post???!! I thought the attached article was and excellent read and pertain to the up coming draft. Now if you are going to be a baby about it and call me names maybe you should get your diaper changed squirt and stay in the general discussion threads! :D

Chill out Chuggerfan. I am just still in actual physical and mental shock that Chargers fans have the nuts to talk smack to anyone.

sanluis
04-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi san,

Like said above about as good as the chargers loosing yet another player to the needles of steroids. Only thing is, ours dont get suspended.

Well then it looks like a sure bet!!! :D:lol::shocked:

Still those bad drafts really help explain the recent decline that Denver is going through IMO.

sanluis
04-25-2008, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=sanluis;216965]Trolling post???!! I thought the attached article was and excellent read and pertain to the up coming draft. Now if you are going to be a baby about it and call me names maybe you should get your diaper changed squirt and stay in the general discussion threads! :D

Chill out Chuggerfan. I am just still in actual physical and mental shock that Chargers fans have the nuts to talk smack to anyone.

LMAO!! That's cool!! :beer: It's not easy but I do what I can. :D

underrated29
04-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Yes they do, and its the exact reason why.

The even better news is that after this draft you will see how quickly we can turn things around. And when either Jay has all day to pick you chumps apart, or our tank of a runningback is making chargers heads go lights out you will once again remember that its our throne we let you sit on, but your two moments of glory are over.

BigDaddyBronco
04-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Funny how good drafting doesn't equal Super Bowl wins or even visits in the Chargers case. Maybe if they keep doing well in the draft they'll be able to beat one of the elite teams in the AFC.

MOtorboat
04-25-2008, 01:31 PM

Don't get your panties in a bunch, you made the thread in the Smack Forum.

sanluis
04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Don't get your panties in a bunch, you made the thread in the Smack Forum.

My Point exactly!!! :coffee:

BeefStew25
04-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Has LT jumped the shark yet?

MHCBill
04-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Chargers won the Super Bowl when?

sanluis
04-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Chargers won the Super Bowl when?

Wow that's a new one. :rolleyes:

You got anything else?? :D

sanluis
04-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Funny how good drafting doesn't equal Super Bowl wins or even visits in the Chargers case. Maybe if they keep doing well in the draft they'll be able to beat one of the elite teams in the AFC.

You mean like the Colts? :lol: Or maybe New England?:confused:

Without talent you have no chance to do anything! :lol:

GEM
04-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Well then it looks like a sure bet!!! :D:lol::shocked:

Still those bad drafts really help explain the recent decline that Denver is going through IMO.

It also explains how the Chargers got the team they got...when you pick in the top 10 year after year for decades on end...at some point you have to have a team that contends. Sucks for SD fans it took 40 years to do it.

:D

MOtorboat
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
It also explains how the Chargers got the team they got...when you pick in the top 10 year after year for decades on end...at some point you have to have a team that contends. Sucks for SD fans it took 40 years to do it.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

sanluis
04-25-2008, 03:24 PM

You know Gem...
It will make it all the sweeter when the Super Bowl Championship does happen. :D Look at you guys. Four blow out losses in the super bowl and the first decades of Denver history were pure misery. Then you win two in a row like10 years ago. I bet it will fell just like that! :D

You guys may never make it back if Denver keeps drafting the way they have the last few years! What is wrong with Dove valley???:confused:

sanluis
04-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

My squirrel can see the scoreboard last year!

:shocked:
64-6

claymore
04-25-2008, 03:33 PM
My squirrel can see the scoreboard last year!

:shocked:
64-6How is that AFC West Ring? They are shiny arent they. :rofl:

sanluis
04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
How is that AFC West Ring? They are shiny arent they. :rofl:

How was watching your team get beat 64-6?:confused: Sucked I bet! :D:lol:

GEM
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
You know Gem...
It will make it all the sweeter when the Super Bowl Championship does happen. :D Look at you guys. Four blow out losses in the super bowl and the first decades of Denver history were pure misery. Then you win two in a row like10 years ago. I bet it will fell just like that! :D

You guys may never make it back if Denver keeps drafting the way they have the last few years! What is wrong with Dove valley???:confused:

Getting to the Super Bowl is pure misery? :confused: Honey....you would die to even have the chance to get blown out in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately your team can't even get there. :D

And the Chargers may not even make it there. What is wrong with San Diego?? All this excitement and you all can't even make it to the Super Bowl...I wouldn't be riding that horse too high until you can at least make it there. Don't hang your hat on a playoff when if the very next game you still get knocked out of the big one.

sanluis
04-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Getting to the Super Bowl is pure misery? :confused: Honey....you would die to even have the chance to get blown out in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately your team can't even get there. :D

And the Chargers may not even make it there. What is wrong with San Diego?? All this excitement and you all can't even make it to the Super Bowl...I wouldn't be riding that horse too high until you can at least make it there. Don't hang your hat on a playoff when if the very next game you still get knocked out of the big one.

First ..we've been to the Super Bowl and we were killed by the 9ers.
Second my Love, we won two play off games last year.
Third beautiful Gem, I was pointing out the similarities to Denver's decade old Championships and the current Chargers. You might not get that ring the first few times to the playoffs but when you do, it will have to be very sweet! :D

GEM
04-25-2008, 04:05 PM
First ..we've been to the Super Bowl and we were killed by the 9ers.
Second my Love, we won two play off games last year.
Third beautiful Gem, I was pointing out the similarities to Denver's decade old Championships and the current Chargers. You might not get that ring the first few times to the playoffs but when you do, it will have to be very sweet! :D

Here's the difference.....you lost before even getting to the SB. We lost IN the SB. That is a huge difference. So don't compare the histories...because there really is no comparison. Get to the big dance before doing the dance. The high horses ya'll are sitting on are made of straw...nothing to hang your hat on....get where I'm going with this?

For a Chargers fan who bases everything they talk about on 4 games in a 40 year span, it's not that impressive. Yay! You decimated us for 2 seasons after sharing the same division for what 40+ years....woooohoooo! ;)

You're banking on future wins that just may not ever come to be.

Day1BroncoFan
04-25-2008, 04:14 PM
You'll play worse this year than last year, just like you played worse last year that the year before.

How does it feel to have blown the best chance you ever had to make it to the superbowl the year before last? I bet it sucks huh.

You won't win a playoff game this year. :coffee:

sanluis
04-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Here's the difference.....you lost before even getting to the SB. We lost IN the SB. That is a huge difference. So don't compare the histories...because there really is no comparison. Get to the big dance before doing the dance. The high horses ya'll are sitting on are made of straw...nothing to hang your hat on....get where I'm going with this?

For a Chargers fan who bases everything they talk about on 4 games in a 40 year span, it's not that impressive. Yay! You decimated us for 2 seasons after sharing the same division for what 40+ years....woooohoooo! ;)

You're banking on future wins that just may not ever come to be.

Too true. I see and understand the difference GEM. But I sure would rather be were the Chargers are now than re-building like Denver. And how did Denver sink to this point? The bad FA and draft choices of the last few years. You guys are stuck in reverse. You have too many holes to fill with one draft and Shanahan can't seem to figure it out.

Keep the polish ready you are going to need IT!

sanluis
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
You'll play worse this year than last year, just like you played worse last year that the year before.

How does it feel to have blown the best chance you ever had to make it to the superbowl the year before last? I bet it sucks huh.

You won't win a playoff game this year. :coffee:

I think your crystal ball is broken or you may have started drinking early again! :lol:

GEM
04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Too true. I see and understand the difference GEM. But I sure would rather be were the Chargers are now than re-building like Denver. And how did Denver sink to this point? The bad FA and draft choices of the last few years. You guys are stuck in reverse. You have too many holes to fill with one draft and Shanahan can't seem to figure it out.

Keep the polish ready you are going to need IT!

And the Chargers are stuck in the playoff loss to New England...Two years and counting. I wonder how it feels to lose to the Patriots in the playoffs...we really wouldn't know. We were the first team in 11 playoff games to beat them. :D

I'm sure we will need it, beings we'll be polishing a new Lombardi before you even catch a scent of one. ;)

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I guarantee we take at least three out of our nine players who either have huge character concerns or smoke the ganja. Bank it.

sanluis
04-25-2008, 04:44 PM
And the Chargers are stuck in the playoff loss to New England...Two years and counting. I wonder how it feels to lose to the Patriots in the playoffs...we really wouldn't know. We were the first team in 11 playoff games to beat them. :D

I'm sure we will need it, beings we'll be polishing a new Lombardi before you even catch a scent of one. ;)

You start drinking early as well!!! :lol:

Well I guess it is five O clock somewhere!

New England is a great team GEM. Most teams had a little trouble with them last year. And try to remember your ponies are but a shadow of their 2005 selves! :lol:

sanluis
04-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I guarantee we take at least three out of our nine players who either have huge character concerns or smoke the ganja. Bank it.

LOL!! Your take is refreshing! :lol:

Nature Boy
04-25-2008, 04:50 PM

http://uk.gizmodo.com/baby,crying,tantrum.jpg

I agree with San Luis, his post was appropriate and the article was a good read. The buck stopped with Mike Shanny but Ted Sundquist was the scapegoat. Let's see how we draft this year.

Day1BroncoFan
04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I think your crystal ball is broken or you may have started drinking early again! :lol:

My crystal ball is in the same closet you keep yours in and I don't drink alcohol. I do have a :elefant: that can predict the future. :D

He's says the chargirlers will not have any playoffs this year.

sanluis
04-25-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree with San Luis, his post was appropriate and the article was a good read. The buck stopped with Mike Shanny but Ted Sundquist was the scapegoat. Let's see how we draft this year.

That's cool. There should be some good players available at Denver's pick. I wonder if Denver trades down. There has been a lot of talk about the Chargers trading down to replenish some of their picks used to get Weddell and Chambers. I am not sure this will happen if the right player is available.

Benetto
04-25-2008, 05:02 PM
What kind of No balls having, Bandwagon jumping troll will post this time???

sanluis
04-25-2008, 05:04 PM
My crystal ball is in the same closet you keep yours in and I don't drink alcohol. I do have a :elefant: that can predict the future. :D

He's says the chargirlers will not have any playoffs this year.

Pink dancing elephants are known to be wrong once in a while! Now there memories are a dead lock! :lol:

GEM
04-25-2008, 05:16 PM
You start drinking early as well!!! :lol:

Well I guess it is five O clock somewhere!

New England is a great team GEM. Most teams had a little trouble with them last year. And try to remember your ponies are but a shadow of their 2005 selves! :lol:

And the year before that? Seems the Patriots are the thorn in your side and I don't see that changing. Until your team gets to the big dance, you'll still be viewed as the little engine that wishes they could. ;) A couple good seasons with playoff losses still means you ended the season as we did. Sitting on the couch on Super Bowl Sunday.

Big grins off of beating the Broncos the last couple of seasons if that's enough to make you happy, congrats. If I were you I would be looking at the bigger picture. A couple of seasons of beating the Broncos does not equal a Lombardi.

BroncoJoe
04-25-2008, 05:56 PM
GEM, if I wasn't married....

GEM
04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
GEM, if I wasn't married....

Thank you Joe!

If you weren't married, one of the "freaks" in here would be moving in on your wife. :eek:

BroncoJoe
04-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Thank you Joe!

If you weren't married, one of the "freaks" in here would be moving in on your wife. :eek:

More than one, I'm afraid. What can I say? I got VERY lucky.

GEM
04-25-2008, 06:10 PM
More than one, I'm afraid. What can I say? I got VERY lucky.

Yes you did! She's beautiful and she's lucky that her hubby would have I love my wife in his sig and under his name, that is very sweet! I've always thought highly of you for that!

Broncospsycho77
04-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, it's pretty well known that the Broncos are historically awful at drafting... but we haven't had the opportunity of a 12 spot in a long time (where we don't have to trade anything to get to the slot), so we have to make the best of it this year. Lucky for us, though, it's hard to take a bad pick with our needs and this year's class.

Now for the troll part for sanluis: I can't hear you over the steroids pumping...

slim
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Talking smack with a charger fan is like having sex with yourself.

Broncospsycho77
04-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Talking smack with a charger fan is like having sex with yourself.

... He started it...

Nature Boy
04-26-2008, 03:53 AM
You guys are hilarious. 1st time visiting this part of the board.

WTE
04-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I wonder what loser Denver will try to draft this time?? Looks like you guys are becoming quite renowned for your resent draft failures. :D

Excellent point San Luis. I'm hearing rumors Denver may trade their first round pick to the Bucs for tight end Jarramy Stevens.

That seems like an ideal fit!

GEM
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Excellent point San Luis. I'm hearing rumors Denver may trade their first round pick to the Bucs for tight end Jarramy Stevens.

That seems like an ideal fit!

And I'm hearing the videotaper is getting immunity for his story. :coffee:

frauschieze
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Hmmm.....no dope smokers in this draft. Nothing but high character guys. Guess this thread backfired on itself. :D

sanluis
04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I have to say I am very disappointed. Nothing interesting this time at all!!

A left tackle taken out of the WAC??!! :confused:

That is a very competitive conference? What kind of pass rush he face? :D

Just kidding. He looks like he should be a good pick. ( dam it!! )

Day1BroncoFan
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
As long as they don't smoke the plant it should work out. :coffee:

Hoshdude7
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Looks like every guy we got is a good character quality guy. I think Shannahan read this, so thank you for helping our team WTE.