PDA

View Full Version : Remember this.....

Flatinum
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Can watch this over and over and over.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yScioc_dmXg

Slick
04-25-2008, 10:03 AM
It's a thing of beauty.

r8rh8r
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM
That old Broncos Chiefs rivalry was so amazing. Every damn game at Arrowhead was John Elway against the universe in the 4th quarter. Montana had some great games against us as well. I miss those games...

Remember Elvis GRRRRRRRRRBac!?!

Ziggy
04-25-2008, 10:51 AM
That hit put Atwater on the map with football fans outside of Denver. It was a Monday night game, back when most of the country watched Monday Night Football. He was also mic'd up for that game.

DenBronx
04-25-2008, 12:01 PM
it sounds like a video game (nfl blitz) or a hollywood sound effect. that is in the top 5 of you got jacked up.

Retired_Member_001
04-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh well.

We can watch John Lynch limp around attempting to hit guys.

Ziggy
04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh well.

We can watch John Lynch limp around attempting to hit guys.

Lynch still packs a punch, and even with his age and injury history, he's the best safety we have right now.

Flatinum
04-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Lynch still packs a punch, and even with his age and injury history, he's the best safety we have right now.

Thus the need to draft a safety(s) this weekend.

Ziggy
04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Thus the need to draft a safety(s) this weekend.

Agreed, but I just hope it's not with the 12th pick.

Retired_Member_001
04-25-2008, 01:57 PM

That is NOT a good thing.

Sure he can still hit kind of. However, I think his age will catch up to him this year. He has been going strong and it WILL one day catch up to him. Also he couldn't cover Jake Plummer at WR.

Ziggy
04-25-2008, 02:05 PM
That is NOT a good thing.

Sure he can still hit kind of. However, I think his age will catch up to him this year. He has been going strong and it WILL one day catch up to him. Also he couldn't cover Jake Plummer at WR.

He could never cover wide receiver's well. He's always been a LB lined up at safety. You're right though, this may be the year that it all catches up to him. I'm hoping the Broncos adress the S position somewhere between the 2nd and 7th rounds.

Nature Boy
04-25-2008, 03:45 PM
That's always cool to watch.

DenBronx
04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
ok here's a question...

who was the harder hitter in their prime?

john lynch or steve atwater?

Nature Boy
04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
For Denver? Atwaters. Lynch did most his hitting in Tampa.

Lynch's best hits I can remember are the one on Dallas Clark that was all clean but he got fined for and that hit on Ladanian Tomlinson where it was helmet to face mask, clean and LT's face mask went flying completely off. That LT hit was pretty sick.

Slick
04-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Steve Atwater caused many WR's to develop a serious case of the alligator arms. One of Dan Reeves' best draft picks. I think if HOF voting were done by his peers, he's in...maybe first ballot. I haven't followed voting enough to know if he's getting close to being a finalist or not.

Ziggy
04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Atwater, hands down.

BroncoJoe
04-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Atwater, hands down.

What Ziggy said.

Npba900
04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
How I miss the NFL of the 70's, 80's and early 90's. That era the game was really played with intensity, professionalism, and we had historic rilvaries (sp). Defensive players hit and wrapped up and corner backs were allowed to play and didn't have that BS no contact rule after 5 yards.

Now we have way too many teams in the NFL which dilutes the talent base and has shorten the draft to just 7 rounds.

Hobe
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Steve Atwater was and still is a man!

Nature Boy
04-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Now we have way too many teams in the NFL which dilutes the talent base and has shorten the draft to just 7 rounds.

Not really. With the population growth and the ever sky rocketing popularity of the NFL, I think the NFL can handle another 2 more teams if they wanted. LA was due for a team 10 years ago. The talent pool in no way have been diluted. The overall game play of the average NFL player have rose. Prep football is starting earlier and getting more mainstream in all class levels. In fact, I think football is taking away talent from other sports such as boxing. That is the reason why Russians dominate heavy weight boxing.

Nature Boy
04-26-2008, 05:18 AM
Not really. With the population growth and the ever sky rocketing popularity of the NFL, I think the NFL can handle another 2 more teams if they wanted. LA was due for a team 10 years ago. The talent pool in no way have been diluted. The overall game play of the average NFL player have rose. Prep football is starting earlier and getting more mainstream in all class levels. In fact, I think football is taking away talent from other sports such as boxing. That is the reason why Russians dominate heavy weight boxing.

And I havn't gotten into how much money the owners are making due to the popularity of the NFL.

jrelway
04-26-2008, 12:04 PM
i love the part where simon fletcher goes, "i should've known."