PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Dewayne will be a good fit in our system?

bmarsh15
04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Do you think that Dewayne Robertson will be a good fit in our 4-3 system?
I think so, but please Discuss

Npba900
04-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes, I sure hope so. We need all the help we can get at DT. Veteran help is always a plus.....so long as he can contribute and have an impact stopping the run.

denbroncofan26
04-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I think he will be an immediate upgrade for our run D and fits extremely well in the 4-3. Im stoked about this move, maybe now champ and dre can keep their eyes on the wide receivers instead of peeking into the backfield!

Magnificent Seven
04-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Robertson, Ekuban, Moss, Crowder, McKinley, Dumervil, and Marcus Thomas would be bad-asses!

D1g1tal j1m
04-25-2008, 01:19 AM
If he stays healthy and his knees holds up (like it has so far) it is a great fit. He will free up Thomas to rush up the middle while Robertson clogs up the middle. Thomas' game is not to take up two interior linemen, his is to get up the middle and pressure the QB.

I expect a big year from Thomas if Robertson can hold up throughout it.

LoyalSoldier
04-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Hey anyone who is even remotely good at stopping the run will be good in our system right now. ;)

honz
04-25-2008, 01:35 AM
I think he will be an immediate upgrade for our run D and fits extremely well in the 4-3. Im stoked about this move, maybe now champ and dre can keep their eyes on the wide receivers instead of peeking into the backfield!
I like Dre, but even if he were to be peeking into the backfield, he ain't tackling no RB.

As for Dewayne fitting our system, I hope he will, but I have never really watched him play. I'm not sure why the Broncos would be willing to potentially give up a 2nd round pick if he wasn't a good fit, though.

Nature Boy
04-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Is Robertson a good fit? Yes, that's why we got him. It's been long awaited.
Now, we still need to draft another DT. We need the depth in that position. Robertson, Thomas, McKinley and rookie?

r8rh8r
04-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Is Robertson a good fit? Yes, that's why we got him. It's been long awaited.
Now, we still need to draft another DT. We need the depth in that position. Robertson, Thomas, McKinley and rookie?

I'm guessing a pair of rookies. Shanny will wisely temper his expectations with D-Rob. Lets hope he gives us at least two good years; if not, make sure we've got his replacements in the pipeline.

Letroy Guion and Nick Hayden would cost us a 4th and a 6th rounder. Both are complete projects with tons of upside.

gobroncsnv
04-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Any GOOD player will fit into our system, since we can't yet say that we have a system. We've been looking for the right scheme before we had NFL quality players, IMO. I can't really say I've seen much of the Jets recently, since they haven't been too much to look at. If Robertson's knees can hold up, maybe now we can FINALLY get started on having a system. If he is as advertised, Thomas' game improves, and the ends can do more damage as well.

MOtorboat
04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
I hope he's a good fit. I hope he's healthy. I hope he dominates the middle and allows the other three athletes on the field to make plays.

Ziggy
04-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I think so. He's athletic, quick, and strong. He will be able to hold his own at the point of attack, which is something we desperately needed. In our 4-3 scheme, don't be surprised to see him putting some good pressure on the QB at times too.

LRtagger
04-25-2008, 08:42 AM
The good news is we only gave up a conditional pick...so if Robertson isnt a good fit or his knees do give out this year, we wont be losing much and can still draft a DT next year.

We will undoubtedly still draft a DT this year no question...maybe even still with the #42 pick.

Mike
04-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Does Denver have a system? Going by last years play...:confused:

:noidea:

Ziggy
04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Does Denver have a system? Going by last years play...:confused:

:noidea:

Actually on D last year...didn't they have 2 or 3?:elefant:

Mike
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Actually on D last year...didn't they have 2 or 3?:elefant:

I guess they had 2 or 3 good plays maybe...but that's pushing it. :D

jrelway
04-25-2008, 09:01 AM
robertson will do us nice..i want to see him manhandle p.rivers over and over and over again.

atwater27
04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I said no. He will not be a good fit. Because you need something inbetween the bones in your knees for them to work and for you to play with power. I think we got damaged goods and I cannot get excited about Robertson, not when we could have gotten Haynesworth or the guy from the Packers. I just don't think he will make an impact being injured, and will likely end up on IR early.

CoachChaz
04-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I said no. He will not be a good fit. Because you need something inbetween the bones in your knees for them to work and for you to play with power. I think we got damaged goods and I cannot get excited about Robertson, not when we could have gotten Haynesworth or the guy from the Packers. I just don't think he will make an impact being injured, and will likely end up on IR early.

...and using his performance and reliabilty over the last 5 years as proof of this, I can see your point.

sarcasm

atwater27
04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
...and using his performance and reliabilty over the last 5 years as proof of this, I can see your point.

sarcasm

Yeah, the Jets are really going to miss him!
sarcasm

Timmy!
04-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Ummmm, wasn't he going to cost the Jets something like 11 mil toward the cap this year? Not to mention, the Jets play a 3-4, and Robertson is 4-3 DT.

*no sarcasm*

LoyalSoldier
04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
We only paid a conditional late round pick for this guy. That is not bad at all. I he doesn't pan out then we don't lose much, but if he does great then we will have our DT problem partially solved.

WARHORSE
04-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Do you think that Dewayne Robertson will be a good fit in our 4-3 system?
I think so, but please Discuss

Hes gonna be terrible.:salute:

shank
04-25-2008, 06:21 PM
this single move made us a MUCH better football team that we were 1 year ago.

i'm optimistic that we can really have a chance to do something if we come out of the draft with a couple of starters and some good contributors.

i'm looking for 4 starters (round 1 and 2, and a kicker, punter) out of this draft! god i hope we don't do anything stupid! *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, prays to a god he doesn't believe in (listening to against me! and that was the last line, kind of a coincidence...)*

very happy to have dewayne in o and b

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2008, 06:32 PM
In Shanahan's presser today, he clarified that Robertson would be a 3-technique here. I had evaluated him as a NT here to allow someone like Thomas and a (Draft Choice) to fill that 3-technique role. Very interesting.

shank
04-25-2008, 07:41 PM
In Shanahan's presser today, he clarified that Robertson would be a 3-technique here. I had evaluated him as a NT here to allow someone like Thomas and a (Draft Choice) to fill that 3-technique role. Very interesting.

i doubt they'd keep trying to make thomas into a NT, which hopefully means wer are targeting a NT (Rubin!) in the draft, or it could mean that when slowik's defense is called an attacking defense, it could be very true and we will be sending guys upfield most of the time...

Simple Jaded
04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
i doubt they'd keep trying to make thomas into a NT, which hopefully means wer are targeting a NT (Rubin!) in the draft, or it could mean that when slowik's defense is called an attacking defense, it could be very true and we will be sending guys upfield most of the time...

It would depend on the system that Slowik will (attempt to) run, and nobody knows what that might be (maybe not even Slowik), but I think (hope) you're right in that they would target a player like Rubin......

BANJOPICKER1
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
He is better than what we had,will fit in and has no MAJOR issues missing games...:defense:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!:D

gobroncsnv
04-26-2008, 10:08 AM
I think we got damaged goods and I cannot get excited about Robertson, not when we could have gotten Haynesworth or the guy from the Packers.

So much for this theory, since Fisher said NO WAY Haynesworth was gonna go ANYWHERE...