PDA

View Full Version : Emmitt Smith Mock Draft...hilarious

^^^
04-19-2010, 11:12 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010emmitt.php

Northman
04-19-2010, 11:35 PM
I can see he was trying to be funny in there but then when he got to us and the pick after im thinking is guy on crack?

D1g1tal j1m
04-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Walter's Football hates McD. All his comments about the Broncos Mock picks have a backhand complement to them.

Carl
04-20-2010, 12:37 AM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010emmitt.php

Im sorry Sir or Madam but in the off chance i want to reference you to my friends, family, coworkers, classmates, church attendees or fellow broncosforums member, what should i call you? You dont seem to have a name. And even if I wanted to type your "screen name," i dont know how to make those symbols on my computer. I dont even know if this is a problem. Should I criticize you or commend you? I donk know. Just do me a favor and point me in the right direction.... Or get an actual name. IDK...

BroncoWave
04-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Im sorry Sir or Madam but in the off chance i want to reference you to my friends, family, coworkers, classmates, church attendees or fellow broncosforums member, what should i call you? You dont seem to have a name. And even if I wanted to type your "screen name," i dont know how to make those symbols on my computer. I dont even know if this is a problem. Should I criticize you or commend you? I donk know. Just do me a favor and point me in the right direction.... Or get an actual name. IDK...

Shift 6 makes that symbol.

^^^
04-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Shift 6 makes that symbol.

Yes...in Romulan it means ζζζ.

Italianmobstr7
04-20-2010, 02:00 AM
The first couple were funny, then it just got stupid.

RedFalcon
04-20-2010, 02:15 AM
the most hilarious mock draft I have ever read!

broncophan
04-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Hard to imagine that Emmit passed high school.....let alone attending college.......

Dirk
04-20-2010, 05:34 AM
Wow....and someone took the time to write all that out. I couldn't get past more than 2 of them.

Rick
04-20-2010, 08:44 AM
That has to be the dumbest thing I have read in my life.

I am not talking about the picks, they were dumb but I know he was not serious, but the way he wrote it all just was not funny, it was just stupid.

I am still not certain if some of his writing was because of horrid grammer or if the entire thing was a joke and he does atleast know some actual English.

It just read like something my 8 year old would write, which I think was his intention but it just came across as stupid.

BroncoWave
04-20-2010, 10:12 AM

I am not talking about the picks, they were dumb but I know he was not serious, but the way he wrote it all just was not funny, it was just stupid.

I am still not certain if some of his writing was because of horrid grammer or if the entire thing was a joke and he does atleast know some actual English.

It just read like something my 8 year old would write, which I think was his intention but it just came across as stupid.

Have you ever heard Emmitt Smith speak? If so, you would understand why i was written with such grammar. Remember it was a satire piece.

Buff
04-20-2010, 10:45 AM

Therein lies the joke: Emmitt has all the intelligence of an 8 year old.

Ravage!!!
04-20-2010, 10:52 AM
That was just hard to read. Not only is his english abysmal, but his spelling was embarrassingly bad.

I've read 4th grade material that was written better than this.

BroncoWave
04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
It really amazes me how some people completely fail to understand satire.

Buff
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM

It never fails. Post a link to the onion and 50% of the responses try to poke holes in the obviously made up story.

Rick
04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't think anyone thinks he was serious, most of us realize it was to be a joke.

It is just to some of us it was just horrid to read and not even remotely funny.

Buff
04-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't think anyone thinks he was serious, most of us realize it was to be a joke.

It is just to some of us it was just horrid to read and not even remotely funny.

That's fine, but I think there actually were a couple people who didn't understand that it was a joke.

Italianmobstr7
04-20-2010, 11:31 AM

This... The article was not actually written by Emmitt Smith guys... It was written by a guy pretending to write as Emmitt Smith. Making fun of him for his terrible grammar when he was on ESPN. It's not a real mock draft, and I seriously doubt he really talks/writes like that. It was a SATIRE piece.

Rick
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
OK that makes a bit more sense.

I figured it was Emmit trying to be funny and make a joke mock and it was just...not. The writing was very distracting from the actual joke.

Makes a bit more sense that it was someone else making fun of Emmit implying that is how he speaks.

Still not very funny but at least makes sense.

At any rate, this is what a 2010 NFL Mock Draft would look like if Emmitt Smith created one.

Guess I should have read that part.

Buff
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
OK that makes a bit more sense.

I figured it was Emmit trying to be funny and make a joke mock and it was just...not. The writing was very distracting from the actual joke.

Makes a bit more sense that it was someone else making fun of Emmit implying that is how he speaks.

:doh: