PDA

View Full Version : Better off without Marshall?

rationalfan
04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Just read this on Nationalfootballpost.com, not sure if it's been posted already. If so, merge this mofo.

"Word in Denver is that there were cheers in the locker room when word of the trade came down last week. The Broncos even chose to have team captain Daniel Graham make an official statement about Marshall’s departure rather than the owner, coach or general manager. That was as telling as any announcement of a trade I’ve seen."

Full article here: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-Marshalls-big-deal-a-big-risk-for-Dolphins.html

Of course, the question is was the team excited to cure a cancer from its locker room or just for the constant trade speculation/disruption to end?

Northman
04-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Probably both.

*edit*- Whether or not we are better off without him will remain to be seen. You cant deny he was a major part of our success on offense last year. However, if indeed the lockerroom (which what does that really mean this time of year?) was in celebration it probably means that the team was tired of the distraction that Brandon was causing overall. But again, does that mean players? Coaches? Janitors? What exactly? or all?

Broncolingus
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
...**** McD!!!

...he ****** sucks!!!

Denver was destined for the Super Bowl until McD came in without any consent from anyone on the planet and took everything over!!!

*******!!!

...wait...what are we talking about?

rationalfan
04-19-2010, 08:25 PM
...**** McD!!!

...he ****** sucks!!!

Denver was destined for the Super Bowl until McD came in without any concent from anyone on the planet and took everything over!!!

*******!!!

i caught the sarcasm. but still, this was also in a lombardi column on the nationalfootballpost.

"After spending time with Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels yesterday, I’m further convinced he’ll produce an eventual Super Bowl winner for the city of Denver. As I wrote the other day, this decision to trade Marshall was an organizational decision because the Broncos were never going to spend the money needed to keep Marshall, given all his off-the-field problems.

Miami paid dearly — both in the contract for Marshall (most NFL executives think the Dolphins significantly overpaid — $13.25 million per for two additional years is QB money, which is going to make it tough for the Chargers to re-sign Vincent Jackson) and two No. 2s. McDaniels played this one perfectly, getting value for Marshall. Now he must cash in with his selections."

i hope he's right.

Nomad
04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
...**** McD!!!

...he ****** sucks!!!

Denver was destined for the Super Bowl until McD came in without any concent from anyone on the planet and took everything over!!!

*******!!!

Where did you get the avatar?? Is that from a movie?

Northman
04-19-2010, 08:29 PM

Freddy Got Fingered. Yes, i asked about it as well. :lol:

Broncolingus
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM

'F' McD!

Yeah, it's from 'Freddy Got Fingered...'

...or if you're a member on this site right now...:

'Marshall, (s)Chef, and Everyone Else Got Fingered by McD'

'F' McD!

LordTrychon
04-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Probably both.

*edit*- Whether or not we are better off without him will remain to be seen. You cant deny he was a major part of our success on offense last year. However, if indeed the lockerroom (which what does that really mean this time of year?) was in celebration it probably means that the team was tired of the distraction that Brandon was causing overall. But again, does that mean players? Coaches? Janitors? What exactly? or all?

If the walls could talk, North... the word is that there's speculation that they would in fact be cheering right now.

Because they hate being so quiet.

TXBRONC
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
If McDaniels can replace Marshall production with better results then sure the team is better off without him. If not then...

nevcraw
04-19-2010, 09:36 PM
If McDaniels can replace Marshall production with better results then sure the team is better off without him. If not then...

yup...

Broncolingus
04-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah...

McD's only purpose in life is to destroy the Denver Bronco's and I'm so clueless how so many people around here can't see it!

Wake up and smell the coffee, folks!!!

dogfish
04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Just read this on Nationalfootballpost.com, not sure if it's been posted already. If so, merge this mofo.

"Word in Denver is that there were cheers in the locker room when word of the trade came down last week. The Broncos even chose to have team captain Daniel Graham make an official statement about Marshall’s departure rather than the owner, coach or general manager. That was as telling as any announcement of a trade I’ve seen."

Full article here: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-Marshalls-big-deal-a-big-risk-for-Dolphins.html

Of course, the question is was the team excited to cure a cancer from its locker room or just for the constant trade speculation/disruption to end?

probably thrilled to get confirmation of how easy it is to force your way out of denver and get a huge deal somewhere else. . . .

kidding, people. . . damn!

Broncolingus
04-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know how you could be kidding, Dog...

...this McD is wrecking the whole Denver Bronco's!

...and it's NOT funny!!!

TXBRONC
04-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah...

McD's only purpose in life is to destroy the Denver Bronco's and I'm so clueless how so many people around here can't see it!

Why the hell do you think no one is arguing with you? We already know that geeky little pile of bastage is purposefully destroying the Broncos. :D

nevcraw
04-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah...

Dude - are your trying to encite a negative reponse?
These are the type posts that propagate arguments and your throwing them on every thread.. what's your point?

Let people not agree.. it's healthy..

^^^
04-19-2010, 09:54 PM
It could be better but not if they go and start throwing money at WRs in the form of high draft picks. What they should do is use this as a starting point to build up other areas like having an formiddable offensive line and running game.

The passing game is too dependent on the QB anyway. It will be interesting to see if Fitzgeralds productivity drops off after losing Warner.

Broncolingus
04-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Dude - are your trying to encite a negative reponse?
These are the type posts that propegate arguments and your throwing them on every thread.. what's your point?

Let people not agree.. it's healthy..

Certainly not trying to 'encite' anything...

I'm finally just sick of all these people sticking up for McD simply because he's the 'Head Coach' and all...

Clearly McD is the 'cancer' that needs to be purged - not Marshall, (s)Chef, etc. - and his only modus operandi is to bring death and destruction to the Denver Broncos...

:bawling:

HORSEPOWER 56
04-19-2010, 09:56 PM

I'm finally just sick of all these people sticking up for McD simply because he's the 'Head Coach' and all...

Clearly McD is the 'cancer' that needs to be purged - not Marshall, (s)Chef, etc. - and his only modus operandi is to bring death and destruction to the Denver Broncos...

Clearly.

nevcraw
04-19-2010, 10:20 PM

incite.. thanks for the heads up on the typo.