PDA

View Full Version : What's the best network for the NFL Draft?

Grover
04-19-2010, 05:20 PM
ESPN or NFL Network?

Poll coming if I can figure out how to do it.

I like Chris Berman (ESPN) but Rich Eisen isn't too shabby. Love Mayock (NFLN) can't stand Kiper (ESPN). Gruden is cool, Dukes is a poor excuse for an analyst.

Do you guys settle down with one over the other? Why?

MileHighCrew
04-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I like NFLN better but only TSN (ESPN) coverage is high def in Canada so I watch that

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 05:28 PM
ESPN has kipper enough said.

weazel
04-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I can't stand Kiper.

Pompadour stylin' rat face puke

UnderArmour
04-19-2010, 05:38 PM
I like ESPN's bottom bar staying up while they go to commercials, which is a big deal to me. NFL Network is better though, I'm just forced to watch ESPN.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 05:39 PM
I can't stand Kiper.

Pompadour stylin' rat face puke I like to see his ratings, just to see if I missed something, but beyond that NADA.

I think Mayock and NFL (except jamey dukes) has a great crew.

arapaho2
04-19-2010, 05:44 PM
davis and maylock ...what ever channel has them on

underrated29
04-19-2010, 05:44 PM
I flip back and forth between both. I hate KIper but I do like the other guys, esp the former coaches. They know a lot....

NLFN is where I start and flip over to ESpn to get other takes or INFO. I also like to see mcshay make Kiper mad because Kiper is an idiot...

But as stated above, i like the scrolling bar at the bottom when commercials go on....

PS- the Avs will be playing thursday night I believe, which means I can not watch the draft which is gonna suck. If we draft bad and the avs dont play up to what I expect I could have one HORRIBLE friday.

slim
04-19-2010, 05:49 PM
I get all of my draft analysis from Holy Diver.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
I will DVR the NFL network and go to ESPN to watch part of it to then be able to compare note on these players

WARHORSE
04-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Nobody is initially drawn to a personality like Kipers. Kiper is a knowitall.

But one thing you HAVE to admire about this guy......he doesnt just do his homework on the top 100 prospects and a few potential sleepers like Mayock does.

He does his homework on anyone that has a prospective career in the NFL.

In the span of time that it takes Mayock or McGay to tell you what they think Denver will do in the draft, Kiper can go over five to eight prospects.

No comparison. Kiper gets out more information in the shortest time span than any other draft analyst out there.

honz
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I slightly prefer ESPN, but love listening to Mayock's analysis. I watch ESPN live and record the NFL Network coverage so I can see what Mayock has to say about our picks.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-19-2010, 06:20 PM
NFL Network or nothing.

NittanyBuff24
04-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Kiper is the draft boys!! Hope to hell we dont have to see or listen 2 much of Primetime!

dogfish
04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
i'll probably switch back and forth, but i tned to prefer NFLN-- don't get it in high def, though. . .

i'm sure i'll also have the laptop out to complete the sensory overload. . . .

Az Snake
04-19-2010, 06:46 PM
This year the NFL is really squeezing prime time.

The 2010 Season Schedule will be announced on a special TV show 20 April. I think the NFL wants to beat out Jack Bauer. I'm looking forward to see the NFL soak the drama out of that night. Hope that there will be plenty of good commercials. :rolleyes:

Then, 2 days later on Thursday night, Round One (only) of the 2010 NFL Draft begins !!! Hooray !!!

We have to wait until Friday night for rounds 2 and 3 (only).

•NFL Draft Rd 1: April 22, 7:30pm EST
•Rd 2-3: April 23, 6:30pm EST
•Rd 4-7: April 24, 10:00am EST

One thing that always drives me up the wall in past drafts is the waiting part of the first few rounds. OK, so they got so and so, quit showing footage of him over and over, I'm sick of looking at him already, move on to the next pick, especially hurry up and get to DENVER's picks !!!

I think that this year will be the worst waiting time for our picks and the longest draft EVER !!!

Fine for you East Coasters, but how many of us will ditch work to make it home in time for the first pick ?

First time that I can recall the Draft Day TV tradition not being on a weekend.

All this hullabaloo; how many of this year's overall draft class will be starting in 3-5 yrs ?

Don't like Eisner, Boomer is Boomer (like an old wart that just grows on you; I even laugh along with him at his own jokes sometimes.) Gruden tells it like it is, Mel Kype is in constant denial.

I'm surfing the channels.

honz
04-19-2010, 06:56 PM
i'll probably switch back and forth, but i tned to prefer NFLN-- don't get it in high def, though. . .

i'm sure i'll also have the laptop out to complete the sensory overload. . . .

Stop sucking up to the admin. It is unbecoming.

Ravage!!!
04-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Is there anywhere to watch the draft, live, on the NET?

DenBronx
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
How could you not want to watch both networks? Someone did already mention about ESPN having the tool bar, which is a great feature. Mayock is rarely wrong though.

It's like gameday...switching back and forth between two differant games. You just want to see both. I know I like to hear what both have to say especially when the Broncos pick. I have seen one network praise a selection while the other might be pretty negitive about it. Mayock was shocked when we didn't draft LB Jon Beason and selected DE Jarvis Moss instead in 2007. He said "Good job Denver. Now go get your LB" and I remember him being extremely disapointed that we didn't pick him.

^^^
04-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Normally I would say NFLN but Eisen is starting to get annoying even though he's still nowhere close to Berman.

Additionally, Im probably going to break stuff if they draft Bryant and having Deion on NFLN going on about him is just going to double the frustration. Im not a big fan of Deion on NFLN, anyway.

So this year, I might actually watch something besides NFLN this year.

weazel
04-19-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm sure Justin.tv will have it...

HORSEPOWER 56
04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
You could always just watch with the sound off...

There aren't many of the talking heads out there that don't piss me off these days. I'll probably watch NFLN with the sound off and my music playing. I'll turn up the sound for the Broncos' picks.

camdisco24
04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I would watch it on NFLN but I'm afraid McD will drop an F-bomb when his "guy" gets picked before our #11 pick.

dogfish
04-19-2010, 10:58 PM
You could always just watch with the sound off...

There aren't many of the talking heads out there that don't piss me off these days. I'll probably watch NFLN with the sound off and my music playing. I'll turn up the sound for the Broncos' picks.

homeboy, you've already said you don't want dez and you don't want mcclain, so. . . i might suggest you just skip it entirely this year. . .

go to the beach or something. . . . :D

TXBRONC
04-20-2010, 10:25 AM
I like NFLN better but only TSN (ESPN) coverage is high def in Canada so I watch that

Man, you really need to see Kiper's helmet head in high def? That's just sad. :tsk: (kidding) :lol:

SOCALORADO.
04-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Man, you really need to see Kiper's helmet head in high def? That's just sad. :tsk: (kidding) :lol:

Kiper is the all time biggest hack, moron ever.
Cannot stand that idiot and last year while channel surfing
between NFL network and E!SPN, i was able to watch Kiper
basically getting clowned by everyone else all day. Man, that
guy is an idiot.
NFL Network is much better as a crew, and Mayock basically
nailed almost every pick last year. Should be good.

Grover
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
I would watch it on NFLN but I'm afraid McD will drop an F-bomb when his "guy" gets picked before our #11 pick.

Haven't you heard? McDaniels has a plan for every eventuality. Up, Down or Sideways, we're drafting some MF-ing players!

OrangeHoof
04-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Back in 2002, the draft started with the selection of David Carr for the brand new Houston Texans. Everyone oohed and aahed and told us why he was going to be great, etc. Only one analyst had real problems about him and broke down his flaws on tape. That guy was Ron Jaworski. I resented it at the time because I really wanted Carr to be an All-Pro but Jaws turned out to be exactly correct. Of course, Carr wasn't that bad until his offensive line got him all beat to hell but even when he's had chances with other teams since then, his skills have never translated into a winning job.

Az Snake
04-20-2010, 12:16 PM
SIRIUS Radio will be covering the draft on channel 124.

Thu., April 22

• Draft Show w/ Adam Schein, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan & Gil Brandt live from Radio City 7 pm – 11 pm ET
• Round 1 of NFL Draft kicks off 7:30 pm ET

Fri., April 23

• Draft Show w/ Adam Schein, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan & Gil Brandt 6 pm – 11 pm ET
• Rounds 2 & 3 of NFL Draft 6:30 pm ET

Sat., April 24
• Draft Show w/ Adam Schein, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan & Gil Brandt 10 am – 6 pm ET
• Rounds 4 – 7 of NFL Draft 10 am ET

If Rubber Ducky is on the road Thurs and Fri, he can tune in to SIRIUS.

More: http://www.sirius.com/nfl

HORSEPOWER 56
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
homeboy, you've already said you don't want dez and you don't want mcclain, so. . . i might suggest you just skip it entirely this year. . .

go to the beach or something. . . . :D

Actually, I'm really starting to warm up to the Dez Bryant idea. I just looked over our offensive roster and let me tell you, it's OFFENSIVE!

Right now, McClain is the only guy I feel is a "wasted" pick mostly because he'll play TED and he's about as overrated as Ryan Leaf. Seen him play, NOT IMPRESSED.

Doesn't matter though, McDaniels is taking Tebow at #11. :D

honz
04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
SIRIUS Radio will be covering the draft on channel 124.

Thu., April 22

• Draft Show w/ Adam Schein, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan & Gil Brandt live from Radio City 7 pm – 11 pm ET
• Round 1 of NFL Draft kicks off 7:30 pm ET

Fri., April 23

• Draft Show w/ Adam Schein, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan & Gil Brandt 6 pm – 11 pm ET
• Rounds 2 & 3 of NFL Draft 6:30 pm ET

Sat., April 24
• Draft Show w/ Adam Schein, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan & Gil Brandt 10 am – 6 pm ET
• Rounds 4 – 7 of NFL Draft 10 am ET

If Rubber Ducky is on the road Thurs and Fri, he can tune in to SIRIUS.

More: http://www.sirius.com/nfl

Sweet. I'm working Thursday and Friday and am not sure when I will get off. Listening on the radio will be better than nothing if it comes to that.

Buff
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Mayock > Kiper/McShay

Adam Schefter > Jason Lazy Eye LaCanfora

Rich Eisen = Chris Berman (push)

Therefore I will watch both.

slim
04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
I am going watch NFLN. Mel Kiper makes me want to punch myself in the nuts.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Is there anywhere to watch the draft, live, on the NET?

NFL.com

Lonestar
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Mayock > Kiper/McShay

Adam Schefter > Jason Lazy Eye LaCanfora

Rich Eisen = Chris Berman (push)

Therefore I will watch both.

Keep forgetting that Adam S was on ESPN the NFLN was DUMB for allowing him to get away.