PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to work out in DEN again on MONDAY

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 01:00 AM
this just in DRAFT
Source: Tebow to visit Broncos on Monday
Posted: April 18th, 2010 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Denver Broncos, Josh McDaniels, Tim Tebow

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will work out personally for Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders on Monday, a team source tells NFL.com.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/18/source-tebow-to-visit-broncos-monday/

Italianmobstr7
04-19-2010, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't be upset if we spent a 2nd on himalthough he wouldn't be my first choice.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 01:12 AM
I wouldn't be upset if we spent a 2nd on himalthough he wouldn't be my first choice.

Hey if he has his mechanics fixed he is everything you could hope for in a QB other than he is a lefty. Which means that Clady is not longer blocking his blind side, we may need to get another stud OT for his blind side, Not sure I want our QB being protected by Harris or Polumbus. .

I also could get excited about him.

ikillz0mbies
04-19-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm pretty iffy on Tebow. I've said in the past that I hope the Broncos don't draft him. I really don't know what need he fills other than the intangibles. He doesn't fill a positional need. If the Broncos draft him, fine. But don't trade the 2 2nd rounders to draft him or anything. Got to address the Center position and defense before Tebow gets his name called.

SonoftheSouth
04-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Hey if he has his mechanics fixed he is everything you could hope for in a QB other than he is a lefty. Which means that Clady is not longer blocking his blind side, we may need to get another stud OT for his blind side, Not sure I want our QB being protected by Harris or Polumbus. .

I also could get excited about him.

Yeah. Maybe we can draft Bruce Campbell (6`7" 310 lbs. Maryland) or Brian Bulaga 6`6" 312 lbs. Iowa) in the first, and then take the GatorAde Kid with our second second (i.e. #45 overall). I mean he IS from the SOUTHeastern Conference!

dogfish
04-19-2010, 03:14 AM
I'm pretty iffy on Tebow. I've said in the past that I hope the Broncos don't draft him. I really don't know what need he fills other than the intangibles. He doesn't fill a positional need. If the Broncos draft him, fine. But don't trade the 2 2nd rounders to draft him or anything. Got to address the Center position and defense before Tebow gets his name called.

ignoring other, more pressing needs and burning value to trade back into the first for tebow is possibly my biggest draft day fear-- particularly because i can see it being a fairly plausible scenario. . .

:fear:

broncophan
04-19-2010, 06:45 AM
I would be OK if we got him.....as ,ong as we take care of our other needs......Like a good center.....and Offensive line....

SoCalImport
04-19-2010, 06:52 AM
I have to imagine the second look at Tebow coinsides with the Marshall trade a little too well. I'm kinda hoping someone takes a flyer on him before we get around to drafting in the second.

Nomad
04-19-2010, 07:03 AM
Tebow won't be a BRONCO. He'll be a Jaguar with the 24th pick after they trade back with the Eagles!!

claymore
04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I predict we draft Tebow. It will be McDaniels anchor baby.

cuzz4169
04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Tebow will go late in round one....after we trade back...I love this...we dont need him right now...but he will sure help on short yardage and in the redzone his first year. The guy wins games. He has the stats he will continue to get better because he has the drive. A lot of players have drive and work ethic and flop but they dont have the skill. Dont tell me Tebow has no skills. The guy holds or did hold every high school passing record in the state of Florida. I think John Brantley broke some of them now. And we all know what he did in college.

Nomad
04-19-2010, 07:47 AM
I predict we draft Tebow. It will be McDaniels anchor baby.

Just think of all the 'jumpshot' touchdowns he'll throw!!:D

He and McD will do alot of huggin!!

Traveler
04-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Please say no to Tebow....unless we can get him in the 4th or lower.

CoachChaz
04-19-2010, 08:03 AM
If we trade around and end up with 4 picks in the top 60, then I'd be okay with taking him and letting him learn for 2 years. As it stands now, there are just too many needs to fill before taking a project for the future. Just not a luxury we have.

Chris90210
04-19-2010, 08:04 AM
please no

broncofaninfla
04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Broncos showing interest in Tim Tebow (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/19/broncos-showing-interest-in-tim-tebow/)

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 19, 2010 8:22 AM ET
The Denver Broncos are either interested in drafting Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5096) this week or they're going to great lengths to create the appearance that they're interested in drafting Tim Tebow this week.

NFL.com is reporting that that Tebow will work out for the Broncos today (http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/18/source-tebow-to-visit-broncos-monday/), and that head coach Josh McDaniels and General Manager Brian Xanders will personally take part in the workout. Peter King of SI.com had previously reported that Tebow was meeting with the Broncos (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/14/tebow-visiting-broncos-today/) last week, but that meeting may have been pushed back to today.

Draft week is a busy week, so for the head coach and general manager both to spend time with Tebow is a fairly strong indication that the Broncos have interest. McDaniels has made public comments in which he sounded enamored with Tebow, including stating that there's "no question" he'll be a successful quarterback once a small "dip" in his delivery is corrected.

"There are so many things you can say about the kid (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14910174)," McDaniels said, per the Denver Post.

Italianmobstr7
04-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Good Olineman can be had later in the draft, not just the first 2 rounds. That's why I wouldn't mind Tebow in the 2nd. Plus, no one is mentioning Seth Olsen as a possible LG replacement. He'll be in his 2nd year and has great size. The drafting of him last year should have been a hint to all of us that we were going bigger on the oline. I think well get a C in the draft but I'm not so sure it will be until the 3rd round or later.

CoachChaz
04-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Good Olineman can be had later in the draft, not just the first 2 rounds. That's why I wouldn't mind Tebow in the 2nd. Plus, no one is mentioning Seth Olsen as a possible LG replacement. He'll be in his 2nd year and has great size. The drafting of him last year should have been a hint to all of us that we were going bigger on the oline. I think well get a C in the draft but I'm not so sure it will be until the 3rd round or later.

Add me to the bandwagon that stands for those that dont think it's imperative to draft a C early. I'd love to see us trade back with the #11, but not to justify taking Pouncey. The way I see it, we could trade back to the mid-twenties and still see guys like Bryant and Waetherspoon on the board. Cant beat a situation where you get a guy you like AND add another pick later on. If we have two 2nds and tow 3rds...there are A LOT of options on players and trades to move around and get OUR guys.

Dean
04-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Add me to the bandwagon that stands for those that dont think it's imperative to draft a C early. I'd love to see us trade back with the #11, but not to justify taking Pouncey. The way I see it, we could trade back to the mid-twenties and still see guys like Bryant and Waetherspoon on the board. Cant beat a situation where you get a guy you like AND add another pick later on. If we have two 2nds and tow 3rds...there are A LOT of options on players and trades to move around and get OUR guys.

For the most part I agree with you. However, this year is a little different than normal. The center we draft will most likely be expected to start this year. If that is the case it becomes a premium to pick a player that is presently at that caliber.

CoachChaz
04-19-2010, 10:27 AM
For the most part I agree with you. However, this year is a little different than normal. The center we draft will most likely be expected to start this year. If that is the case it becomes a premium to pick a player that is presently at that caliber.

Problem is...I think Pouncey is more "better than the rest" than he is "first round talent".

Hi value is up because he's better than Tennant, Walton, etc...but that doesnt make him a great player by any means. I still wont be shocked to see us try to get him early.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 10:36 AM
When I saw this last night it really rang a bell. I was up late last night and just woke up so have not had a chance to read what people have said. Here is my take.

After sleeping on it there is NO way Tebow gets past JAX with there first pick. IT IS GOSPEL.

If we are srious about him we are going to have to take him with 11.

If this is a smoke screen and are trying to get someone to bite on forcing someone to make a trade so they get in front of JAX it is brilliant.

Either way Josh gets what he covets more draft choices or HIS franchise QB.

Face it folks he will boost ticket sales and give him an additional year or two contract year.

Y'all know that Pat will HAVE TO sign off on this before it happens and thus imply JOSH extra time in being playoff worthy.

If they really like this guy he is #11 there is no doubt in my mind.

If he does not impress even more than before in this second visit then it will force a better deal on draft day.

Either way the more I think about this the better I like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

topscribe
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Too much might be being made of this. Witness this:

Visits finished but workouts continue

By Mike Klis (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/mike-klis/)

The last day for draft prospects to visit NFL teams at team facilities was
Thursday. However, teams can continue to work out and visit with prospects
pretty much through Wednesday. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and general
manager Brian Xanders met with multiple prospects over the weekend.
NFL.com reported McDaniels and Xanders will workout Florida quarterback Tim
Tebow again today. Tebow visited Broncos headquarters last Thursday.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/04/19/visits-finished-but-workouts-continue/

-----

SOCALORADO.
04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Problem is...I think Pouncey is more "better than the rest" than he is "first round talent".

Hi value is up because he's better than Tennant, Walton, etc...but that doesnt make him a great player by any means. I still wont be shocked to see us try to get him early.

Agreed. This whole Pouncey hype is a bit much. Really the legit need of a center, has everyone a little overboard on positional needs.
Quality O-Linemen can be found in the mid-late rounds of any draft.

arapaho2
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I would be OK if we got him.....as ,ong as we take care of our other needs......Like a good center.....and Offensive line....

well lets see our pressing needs are now

a franchise qb
a impact wr
a center
a pass catching TE
a future NT
a RG
a real FB
a dawkins replacement

i guess this is as good as time as any to pick a limited qb with one of our first 3 picks:coffee:

topscribe
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM

a franchise qb
a impact wr
a center
a pass catching TE
a future NT
a RG
a real FB
a dawkins replacement

i guess this is as good as time as any to pick a limited qb with one of our first 3 picks:coffee:

Wow, Rap . . It's a good thing you're optimistic.

I'd hate to see you if you weren't . . . :coffee:

-----

CrazyHorse
04-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm feeling Tim Tebow in the 3rd, if he's there of course.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 01:37 PM

a franchise qb
a impact wr
a center
a pass catching TE
a future NT
a RG
a real FB
a dawkins replacement

NOt saying you are to far off here but let me rearrange your wish list a bit. To what we really need

a center
a future NT
a RG I think you meant OLG
a franchise qb
a dawkins replacement
a blocking 1st pass catching 2nd TE to replace graham when he is gone.
a impact wr
a real FB is totally necessary except for deep in the RZ and then a larger TE/LB can be used here .. GEE whiz we already have the LB don't we.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm feeling Tim Tebow in the 3rd, if he's there of course.

Tebow will not get past Jax he is hero round there and would be a BOX office boon to them.

If we do not get him in the first we will not get him.

topscribe
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Tebow will not get past Jax he is hero round there and would be a BOX office boon to them.

If we do not get him in the first we will not get him.

Then I hope we don't get him.

QBs are way down this list in order of needs, IMO . . .

-----

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Then I hope we don't get him.

QBs are way down this list in order of needs, IMO . . .

----- HEy he could actual relpace TS in the pass catching mode, as an H back.

topscribe
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
HEy he could actual relpace TS in the pass catching mode, as an H back.

Would he do it? I don't know, but I'd bet he wants to be a QB.

Anyway, I couldn't see drafting someone in the 1st round to be an H-back . . .
-----

BroncoWave
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM

-----

He's explicitly said that he wants to be a QB in the NFL.

Lancane
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM

-----

I think I figured this out, we traded for Quinn and we'll draft Tebow because we are going to forgo the spread offense and are going with the Wildhorse as our new offensive scheme.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 03:22 PM

-----
Sure he would play any where to have a chance to become the QB down the road. He wants to play and I think after a year with a good NFL QB coach he will be a Player.

Josh like versatile, smart, fast, strong players. Tebow is that rolled up into one guy

topscribe
04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
I think I figured this out, we traded for Quinn and we'll draft Tebow because we are going to forgo the spread offense and are going with the Wildhorse as our new offensive scheme.

:faint:

-----

topscribe
04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Sure he would play any where to have a chance to become the QB down the road. He wants to play and I think after a year with a good NFL QB coach he will be a Player.

Josh like versatile, smart, fast, strong players. Tebow is that rolled up into one guy

You been messing around with fantasy football, JR?

-----

Lancane
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
:faint:

-----

Makes sense, the Wildhorse can be successful with athletic but not generally pro-talented quarterbacks and receivers, it's a run first offense that like the spread is a dink and dunk offense...it would not surprise me to see us use it more this season.

:eek:

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 05:49 PM
You been messing around with fantasy football, JR?

-----
Years ago

but frankly unless he is a starter at QB he would be worthless in FF IMHO.

arapaho2
04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow, Rap . . It's a good thing you're optimistic.

I'd hate to see you if you weren't . . . :coffee:

-----

i just call em as i see em gramps

however...i am optimistic mcd will screw this draft up

honz
04-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Tebow at 11 or bust.

dogfish
04-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Tebow at 11 or bust.

draft tebow at 11 so he can bust?

how is that a good plan??

Medford Bronco
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
draft tebow at 11 so he can bust?

how is that a good plan??

I would not draft Tebow with our 4th round pick.

I have no faith in him being more than a special teams player or 3rd or 4th WR

Very overhpyed for a guy that does not look like an NFL talent to most of us.

arapaho2
04-19-2010, 06:25 PM
I would not draft Tebow with our 4th round pick.

I have no faith in him being more than a special teams player or 3rd or 4th WR

Very overhpyed for a guy that does not look like an NFL talent to most of us.

but to josh he looks like gold...so :noidea:

Crush05
04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
So tell me.... what is the word on the Tebow workout from today???:confused:

Lancane
04-19-2010, 06:38 PM
So tell me.... what is the word on the Tebow workout from today???:confused:

The word is that Josh could no longer hold back his feelings, he smacked his wife, kissed his kids goodbye, filed for a divorce and flew to Massachusetts who allows gay marriage and married Tim Tebow. Not like he could get married without allowing Belichick to walk him down the aisle.

:laugh:

However, Tebow was pissed once the drugs wore off, and is now contemplating on becoming a priest instead of entering the NFL. It's turned into a pretty big mess. Goodell is talking about McDaniels and Roethlisberger going to a secluded therapy retreat in Vermont for Sexaholics.

:elefant:

Crush05
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
The word is that Josh could no longer hold back his feelings, he smacked his wife, kissed his kids goodbye, filed for a divorce and flew to Massachusetts who allows gay marriage and married Tim Tebow. Not like he could get married without allowing Belichick to walk him down the aisle.

However, Tebow was pissed once the drugs wore off, and is now contemplating on becoming a priest instead of entering the NFL. It's turned into a pretty big mess. Goodell is talking about McDaniels and Roethlisberger going to a secluded therapy retreat in Vermont for Sexaholics.

:elefant:

ROFL you need your head checked!!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-19-2010, 06:45 PM
I never ever thought there'd be a chance we'd draft him, now it looks more than likely. Please don't draft tebow!!

Lancane
04-19-2010, 06:45 PM
ROFL you need your head checked!!

So very true...

But even then all they would tell me is that I'm nuts, shit out of luck and will be a curse on human society till the day I pass on.

So F' it, like I need to waste money for a diagnosis that I could clearly give myself...

:lol:

mopatt24
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
We're gonna be doing some moving around on day 1. Pretty much forget number 11, I dont think we're picking there. We'll come up on another 2nd or 3rd rounder by trading back and take either Dez or Bay Bay Thomas, who ever is available. Now, I do think we'll end up trading back into the first, but I don't think it will be for Tim Tebow. I believe McD will be racing against NE to Tim Tebow in the second.

Just my opinion

Broncolingus
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Does Denver have like pick #78,234 in this years draft?

If so, then I say what the Hades, and go for it with Tebow!

LRtagger
04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe I would be OK with it if we hadn't traded for Brady this offseason. But really, are we going to carry 4 QBs on the active roster all season?

This draft has tremendous talent. I would be pretty upset if we wasted a 2nd round pick on a project player who may not even transition to the NFL as a QB. We could get a good lineman and a good WR with our two seconds.

The only way I would be OK with Tebow is if we trade back from 11 and pick up a third second round pick...and even then, I could probably think of 10 other players I would rather take than Tebow.

dogfish
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
This draft has tremendous talent. I would be pretty upset if we wasted a 2nd round pick on a project player who may not even transition to the NFL as a QB.

how about if we throw in one of next year's picks to trade back into the first for him?

:heh:

LRtagger
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
how about if we throw in one of next year's picks to trade back into the first for him?

:heh:

That will make me take off my orange shades. :cool:

TXBRONC
04-19-2010, 09:00 PM

Not at quarterback. If he's looking to use him in other ways besides quarterback, then McDaniels doesn't really think he's a quarterback.

Northman
04-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Not at quarterback. If he's looking to use him in other ways besides quarterback, then McDaniels doesn't really think he's a quarterback.

But Tebow does. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8179f067&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tebow's status has become the top pre-draft story. He was scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Monday, and he already has met with the Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns.

honz
04-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Tebow > Shannon Sharpe > Scheffler

TXBRONC
04-19-2010, 09:17 PM
But Tebow does. :lol:

Smartass. :D

nevcraw
04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8179f067&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tebow's status has become the top pre-draft story. He was scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Monday, and he already has met with the Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns.

I hope he is collecting those airline miles for his troubles..

HORSEPOWER 56
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Tebow will be our pick at #11 unless the Jags take him first at #10. I'm calling my shot...

Ravage!!!
04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
If we get him... I'm not sure if I'll laugh or cry.. first. Because I know I'll end up doing both.

Lancane
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
If we get him... I'm not sure if I'll laugh or cry.. first. Because I know I'll end up doing both.

I really don't mind... Just F'n trade Orton if you do it Josh, for the sake of the sport!

TXBRONC
04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
I really don't mind... Just F'n trade Orton if you do it Josh, for the sake of the sport!

Is it possible that this is a ruse?