PDA

View Full Version : What will be our Draft Day Result On Day One?

WARHORSE
04-17-2010, 07:43 PM
IF......

....We pick at 11?

.....We move up?

.....We move down?

If we pick at 11, and Spiller is there, I believe he will be the pick.
Second I believe Dez Bryant.
Third I think Dan Williams.
Fourth Sergio Kindle.
Fifth Derrick Morgan.
(these arent the people I would pick, these are the players I think are in order for Denver)

If we move up, it would only be for Bradford, Suh or McCoy, and it would be to Washington for our second at 43.

If we move down, I believe it will be with San Fran or the Giants.

Lonestar
04-17-2010, 07:53 PM
spiller is a smaller one dimensional RB we do not need a Sproles type player that can't run between the tackles with authority.

I hope we go bold and take a Marquee LOS player at what ever the choice is . I frankly do not give scrap about "value"

Since we need a center or OLG and the best of either is available then IMHO we should take him.

I do not see how that is wrong.

If we reach for a second rate/tier guy there then yes it is a reach.

You can nail down a OLINE guy or guys for the next decade or more by spending the pick on them in rounds one and two, maybe 3.

Then the VALUE s there IMO.

now if we can trade back and get another 2 or 3 and still get our guy then I'm OK with that also.

But spiller means nothing unless we have a LOS presence that we do not have today.

Ziggy
04-17-2010, 08:30 PM
If we move down, I would guess Spoon, Pouncey, or Odrick. If we move up, I would say Berry. If we stay put, my guess would be McClain, Williams, or Bryant in that order.

Lancane
04-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Who is worth moving up? And the value to do so? I just don't see that happening.

If it wasn't for Bryant I would be all for trading down, I like McClain and would not mind him in the orange and blue. Bryant is a need, anyone that understands Orton and the offense in whole should understand that. I really hope we don't trade down, but if we do... I think we take Odrick or Pouncey, maybe Weatherspoon if those graded above him are gone. There is a chance we could trade with Seattle and still get Bryant at the 14th spot.

Right now I'm too sold on the BPA that fits a need and that would be Bryant. We'll find out in a little over four days.

jlarsiii
04-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Who is worth moving up? And the value to do so? I just don't see that happening.

If it wasn't for Bryant I would be all for trading down, I like McClain and would not mind him in the orange and blue. Bryant is a need, anyone that understands Orton and the offense in whole should understand that. I really hope we don't trade down, but if we do... I think we take Odrick or Pouncey, maybe Weatherspoon if those graded above him are gone. There is a chance we could trade with Seattle and still get Bryant at the 14th spot.

Right now I'm too sold on the BPA that fits a need and that would be Bryant. We'll find out in a little over four days.

I agree. I don't see us moving up in the 1st. I could see us trading back if the stars align. If we do trade back, depending on what the compensation is, I could see this team start wheeling and dealing a lot for the rest of the draft.

As long as we take a productive starter with our top pick I will be happy. Not too concerned with who that will be specifically.

broncobryce
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
If we trade back I think it will be with Philly. Possibly for Spiller.

Italianmobstr7
04-18-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't think we'll take Spiller even if he's available. I'd say the most likely players we draft are McClain, Dez Bryant, Dan Williams, Sean Witherspoon in that order.

xzn
04-18-2010, 02:44 AM
I said Mc Clain was the pick weeks ago, I'll stick by it.

But I'd rather trade back and get Pouncey AND Spikes.

OR trade back and take Spoon and Vlad.

I don't see a trade up at all so I won't guess.

EMB6903
04-18-2010, 10:19 AM
spiller is a smaller one dimensional RB we do not need a Sproles type player that can't run between the tackles with authority.

I hope we go bold and take a Marquee LOS player at what ever the choice is . I frankly do not give scrap about "value"

Since we need a center or OLG and the best of either is available then IMHO we should take him.

You can nail down a OLINE guy or guys for the next decade or more by spending the pick on them in rounds one and two, maybe 3.

now if we can trade back and get another 2 or 3 and still get our guy then I'm OK with that also.

But spiller means nothing unless we have a LOS presence that we do not have today.

1 demensional RB?

Spiller is one of the most versatile players in this entire draft. Have you watched him play before?

atwater27
04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
No way do we touch spiller with other needs.
Besides, I'd rather have Matthews. Or Blount later in the draft.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Stay put: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

Trade back: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

We're not trading up.

My answer to the day 1 question overall is...we'll have improved the Oline.

T.K.O.
04-18-2010, 12:09 PM
2 things.....
1) no way do we take spiller at #11....bowlen and mcD could never justify paying 2 young rb's that much and burning 2 high 1sts on such without addressing other needs.
2) we will not trade up,giving up valuable picks (obtained through the loss of key players)would look absolutely silly when you are trying to rebuild a team at the los and add much needed depth to the defense.

the only move that makes sense is to trade back 4-10 spots and add another high 2nd or even 2 3rd's.

i just hope whoever we draft has guts,skill and an unquenchable appetite for winning !:salute:

OrangeHoof
04-18-2010, 12:58 PM
It's not even "Day One" anymore. It's "Night One" and then "Night Two" and then "Day Three". Thanks, Goodell, for taking one of the best weekends of the off-season and turning it into a weeknight mini-series.

Nomad
04-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Just curious, what's the big deal when the draft is whether a weekend or weeknight??? Hell, I think they should move the draft up by 3 weeks!!

BTW, answer your question WAR, I believe he moves down grabs a lineman and another 2nd rd pick!!

broncobryce
04-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Just curious, what's the big deal when the draft is whether a weekend or weeknight??? Hell, I think they should move the draft up by 3 weeks!!

BTW, answer your question WAR, I believe he moves down grabs a lineman and another 2nd rd pick!!

I believe you're right, IF the guy he wants is not there. The question is who is the guy he wants?:confused:

Nomad
04-18-2010, 01:41 PM
I believe you're right, IF the guy he wants is not there. The question is who is the guy he wants?:confused:

That's the fun part, you get to :ponder: and guesstimate for the next 4 days!!:D

I would say if he can go back to around17 or 18, it would be Iupati because he won't get past the Steelers and if a pick in the 20s then Pouncey and if those two are gone, I don't know!!

WARHORSE
04-18-2010, 01:47 PM

I understand.

Not saying I'd pick him there.

But we had him in, and that means we have interest. I thought Josh tried to be a little TOO non chalant when mentioning Spillers name during his recent press conference. But more than that, you gotta ask yourself, WHY are we even LOOKING at Spiller? What is it that has us interested?

And seeing that, I believe we have a versatile, but very big offensive playmaker.

What did we just lose? Our playmaker.

Spiller is a Westbrook type, but even better on some levels. We addressed much of the D in the offseason, but the offense lacks punch.

He scored touchdowns last year rushing, receiving, passing, kick returning and punt returning.

He is a threat to go all the way every time he touches the ball.

He separates from defenders with ease in the passing game. He pass blocks.

His concern is his ability to take the pounding.

These are the reasons I think Josh wants him. He will use the two back system again.

This time, he has a homerun threat that very few teams in the league have.

Get SPiller to the second level, and you are going to get a chunk of real estate.

Not to mention he brings our return game to another level.

Spiller is very appealing to Josh imo.

The defensive line is deep.......and we can get good players in other positions later. Like guard, center and LBer.

The only other guy is Dez, and two things I wonder about. Do the concerns we have bring him lower than Spiller? Cause he would play more downs IF he cracks the starting spot. Spiller will come in right away, and everyone in the league knows RB is one position you can get return on right away.

If he makes it past Seattle at 6, I think he comes here.

I believe if we pick at 11, it will be one of those two players.

Lonestar
04-18-2010, 02:20 PM
It's not even "Day One" anymore. It's "Night One" and then "Night Two" and then "Day Three". Thanks, Goodell, for taking one of the best weekends of the off-season and turning it into a weeknight mini-series.

YES I say praise to the one that allows us to breath between choices, LET the Forums howl with the picks and pander for their favorite players to be next.

A great time for one and all. Goodell I :salute::salute::salute: you you will light up my life for those 3 days and then unfortunately make the next week or two a living hell when we have to listen to all the non friends of Josh Club.

Bwcause he and Xman did not take someones favorite player.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lonestar
04-18-2010, 02:27 PM
WE have lots of play makers on the SQUAD, IF the QB can have more time to make decisions, If the RB can see more than a crack of daylight, IF the LOS is not pushed back into the pocket, IF the OLINE can PBS inside the 5 or make a block to get a third and short.

Spiller is nothing more than a change of pace guy which we do not have the luxury of wasting a spot on this year. There are always tons of talent at RB.

Lets address needs that we have first.

T.K.O.
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM
YES I say praise to the one that allows us to breath between choices, LET the Forums howl with the picks and pander for their favorite players to be next.

A great time for one and all. Goodell I :salute::salute::salute: you you will light up my life for those 3 days and then unfortunately make the next week or two a living hell when we have to listen to all the non friends of Josh Club.

Bwcause he and Xman did not take someones favorite player.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

week or 2 ? try "season or 2":lol:
the only downside i see about the new timetable is that i work on friday and sat nights (with no nfln available) so i hope they broadcast it on nfl.com.
otherwise i only get the written blurbs as it happens.
that and we wont see a team panic and trade us their 2nd for sheffler;)

HORSEPOWER 56
04-18-2010, 02:54 PM
At #11 we need to draft BPA, period. We have 2 second round picks and a third that can be used to draft need players of value. Honestly, is it really worth 33 draft spots to take a guy like Pouncey early when the next Center prospect really isn't that far behind and is projected in the second round?

Drafting solely on "need" and even worse on want is the Al Davis way to do business. Drafting Pouncey or Iupati at #11 is poor value. There really isn't a huge difference between either of them and the guy ranked right behind them other than the fact that Kiper, McShay, and Mayock all have them as their #1 at their postion. Even those guys wouldn't dream of drafting an interior O-lineman that high.

The bottom line is, it just depends who's still there. I take Dan Williams first if he's still there, unless the Broncos are sure they've got a future starter in Baker. Second option if Spiller is there, I take him over McClain and Bryant based on talent. If Eric Berry is there, he's the pick, etc.

If it's a toss up between Bryant and McClain, I draft Bryant. From everything I've seen from McClain he's no better than Andre Davis, period. He's not super athletic, not very fast, doesn't have great instincts, and isn't a "playmaker" at the ILB position. He's solid, but not spectacular. personally, I just can't justify spending the #11 overall pick on a TED LB that's going to come off the field on 3rd downs. Just doesn't make any sense to me. The TED spot can be filled by any big body who is a decent tackler (Haggan for instance). McClain isn't athletic or fast enough to come in and dethrone DJ at the JACK position so that leaves him at the LEAST important LB spot in the 3-4.

Knowing all of this, I still say our best option is to trade down unless a "top 5 talent" drops to #11 like a Berry, one of the top 3 tackles, Suh/McCoy, or Bradford.

Have we learned nothing of draft value from last years' second round debacle in which we drafted a TE that nobody else had ranked before the second day (4th round at best)? Everyone here has a guy they think is the best fit at #11 be it Pouncey, Bryant, McClain, Williams, etc. There are several good arguments for all of them, but #11 is where you just go with BPA as far as I'm concerned. Reaching for players in the top half of the 1st round is really what gets you into trouble because those guys get HUGE contracts. All of those teams that tend to reach in the top half of the draft are the ones that continue to draft there - Oakland, KC, Cleveland, Detroit, etc. All of them have had recent issues with draft value and had some big time reaches that just didn't pan out for them. We need to do better.

Lonestar
04-18-2010, 04:20 PM
week or 2 ? try "season or 2":lol:
the only downside i see about the new timetable is that i work on friday and sat nights (with no nfln available) so i hope they broadcast it on nfl.com.
otherwise i only get the written blurbs as it happens.
that and we wont see a team panic and trade us their 2nd for sheffler;)

As I understand it it will be on ESPN also. at least the second two days.

Lonestar
04-18-2010, 04:34 PM
At #11 we need to draft BPA, period. We have 2 second round picks and a third that can be used to draft need players of value. Honestly, is it really worth 33 draft spots to take a guy like Pouncey early when the next Center prospect really isn't that far behind and is projected in the second round?

Drafting solely on "need" and even worse on want is the Al Davis way to do business. Drafting Pouncey or Iupati at #11 is poor value. There really isn't a huge difference between either of them and the guy ranked right behind them other than the fact that Kiper, McShay, and Mayock all have them as their #1 at their postion. Even those guys wouldn't dream of drafting an interior O-lineman that high.

The bottom line is, it just depends who's still there. I take Dan Williams first if he's still there, unless the Broncos are sure they've got a future starter in Baker. Second option if Spiller is there, I take him over McClain and Bryant based on talent. If Eric Berry is there, he's the pick, etc.

If it's a toss up between Bryant and McClain, I draft Bryant. From everything I've seen from McClain he's no better than Andre Davis, period. He's not super athletic, not very fast, doesn't have great instincts, and isn't a "playmaker" at the ILB position. He's solid, but not spectacular. personally, I just can't justify spending the #11 overall pick on a TED LB that's going to come off the field on 3rd downs. Just doesn't make any sense to me. The TED spot can be filled by any big body who is a decent tackler (Haggan for instance). McClain isn't athletic or fast enough to come in and dethrone DJ at the JACK position so that leaves him at the LEAST important LB spot in the 3-4.

Knowing all of this, I still say our best option is to trade down unless a "top 5 talent" drops to #11 like a Berry, one of the top 3 tackles, Suh/McCoy, or Bradford.

Have we learned nothing of draft value from last years' second round debacle in which we drafted a TE that nobody else had ranked before the second day (4th round at best)? Everyone here has a guy they think is the best fit at #11 be it Pouncey, Bryant, McClain, Williams, etc. There are several good arguments for all of them, but #11 is where you just go with BPA as far as I'm concerned. Reaching for players in the top half of the 1st round is really what gets you into trouble because those guys get HUGE contracts. All of those teams that tend to reach in the top half of the draft are the ones that continue to draft there - Oakland, KC, Cleveland, Detroit, etc. All of them have had recent issues with draft value and had some big time reaches that just didn't pan out for them. We need to do better.

We do not need a WR, Nor RB so why go there.

Do we need LB not as much as we do a OC, DE, NT or ORG.

Iupati at 11 is not a bad pick IMO But It ink they should look at moving back a few spots.

Value is perceived if you are not in need a of a player why draft him because he is BPA. That makes no sense at all.

You take the BPA at those positions of need. No need for us to go after a RB, OT (unless he can also play OG or center), LB, TE, QB unless they can all step in and start this coming year.

We need to draft a starter with round one and look at #2's as hoping they can step in and start by years end. Other wise they are wasted picks IMHO.. Down the road when we have fewer NEEDS then by all means BPA all the time and put some pressure on the starters I love competition regardless of who the player is.

Yes, the Raiders do it well some times. but then they also have a BPA mind set that is much different, than everyone else's, SPEED foremost.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
We do not need a WR, Nor RB so why go there.

Do we need LB not as much as we do a OC, DE, NT or ORG.

Iupati at 11 is not a bad pick IMO But It ink they should look at moving back a few spots.

Value is perceived if you are not in need a of a player why draft him because he is BPA. That makes no sense at all.

You take the BPA at those positions of need. No need for us to go after a RB, OT (unless he can also play OG or center), LB, TE, QB unless they can all step in and start this coming year.

We need to draft a starter with round one and look at #2's as hoping they can step in and start by years end. Other wise they are wasted picks IMHO.. Down the road when we have fewer NEEDS then by all means BPA all the time and put some pressure on the starters I love competition regardless of who the player is.

Yes, the Raiders do it well some times. but then they also have a BPA mind set that is much different, than everyone else's, SPEED foremost.

You draft BPA because it's not about drafting for THIS YEAR!

YOU think we don't need a WR or RB. YOU think that by drafting Pouncey and/or Iupati all of our problems will magically be solved. Even if we did get one or both, there's still absolutely ZERO guarantee that either will pan out at the pro level, just like any other rookie. George Foster was a first round pick, so was everybody's love child Brandon Albert, and how about that Gallery dude. All were reaches, all have failed miserably to this point. Pouncey and Iupati are in the same boat. Pouncey is an underclassman, Iupati played in a weak-assed conference his whole career. They are anything but "locks" at their respective position. No rookie really is.

I understand that the battle is typically won in the trenches, but you just can't build a great O-line, neglect the skill positions, and expect everything else to be peaches and cream.

The biggest example of that was KC of the last decade. For about 5 years they had the BEST O-line (way better than ours is now or even was during the SB years), a very good QB in Trent Green (better than Orton will ever be), the best TE in the game in Tony Gonzales, and two dynamic RBs who were fantastic (Holmes and Johnson who are way better than the guys we currently have). Oh, they also had several #3 or worse WRs starting (Morton, Quittison, Hall, Parker). Why couldn't this prolific offense win a Championship? Well, their defense wasn't great, but a big reason was their passing game SUCKED! Their receivers couldn't get open and couldn't score. Even with all day to throw and a dominant rushing attack, the Chiefs didn't have the offensive firepower in the playoffs to get over the hump especially if you loaded the box to stop Holmes or Johnson. The Chiefs refused to invest in their WR corps until it was too late and it cost them because, outside of TG, they couldn't lean on their passing game if their running game faltered or they got behind (which happens to everyone from time to time).

Currently, we are way worse off than they were. Let me ask you something, who do you think is hurt the most by the loss of Marshall? Yep, Kyle Orton. Do you think he would've had that career year without Brandon? Be honest. Do you think not having Marshall will make Orton better this year? He wasn't very good down the stretch last year (12 INTs in 10 games) and that was with Marshall. If you liked what you saw in game 16 vs KC from our offense, I feel sorry for you, but that's pretty much what we have to work with this year. Gaffney is NOT a starting caliber WR no matter what you and top seem to think. Royal disappeared last year for whatever reason (I don't think Kyle can find him). Stokely and Lloyd have always been nothing better than (and best used as) #3/#4 WRs because they can't handle the starting job. Last but not least is Kenny McKinley who was decent in college, but isn't the fastest guy, not big, has average hands, and will easily be whipped by most starting CBs in the league. Still feeling confident in our WRs?

Orton will only be successful if we surround him with talent. Given what he has right now, we'll be lucky to be 6-10 next season, and that's ONLY if the defense improves from the end of last year - even with the guys we brought in, the defense is still a huge ? considering its age, injury history, and a brand new DC who's never done the job at the pro level before.

Sure, we can get a couple more fat guys for the LOS, but it's not necessarily going to make the offense better if there are less weapons for Orton. Who on our offense scares you right now? I have to ask. Just about every team in the league has someone that the other team has to gameplan for. We have who? Name a playmaker on our offense? I'm anxiously awaiting your reply!

We've got to have some balance. Elway wasn't successful until he had a running game but TD wouldn't have been nearly as successful without the threat of that passing game to Smith, Eddie Mac, and Sharpe. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. A good passing game and rushing game go hand in hand. Right now, we lack the passing threat. Without it, nobody will respect our running game and no matter who the O-line is, they can't block 8-9 guys in the box effectively. If we take the field with our current roster at WR, I truly believe our offense will be worse, not better, than it was last year, no matter who is on the LOS.

Lonestar
04-18-2010, 08:45 PM
You draft BPA because it's not about drafting for THIS YEAR!

YOU think we don't need a WR or RB. YOU think that by drafting Pouncey and/or Iupati all of our problems will magically be solved. Even if we did get one or both, there's still absolutely ZERO guarantee that either will pan out at the pro level, just like any other rookie. George Foster was a first round pick, so was everybody's love child Brandon Albert, and how about that Gallery dude. All were reaches, all have failed miserably to this point. Pouncey and Iupati are in the same boat. Pouncey is an underclassman, Iupati played in a weak-assed conference his whole career. They are anything but "locks" at their respective position. No rookie really is.

I understand that the battle is typically won in the trenches, but you just can't build a great O-line, neglect the skill positions, and expect everything else to be peaches and cream.

The biggest example of that was KC of the last decade. For about 5 years they had the BEST O-line (way better than ours is now or even was during the SB years), a very good QB in Trent Green (better than Orton will ever be), the best TE in the game in Tony Gonzales, and two dynamic RBs who were fantastic (Holmes and Johnson who are way better than the guys we currently have). Oh, they also had several #3 or worse WRs starting (Morton, Quittison, Hall, Parker). Why couldn't this prolific offense win a Championship? Well, their defense wasn't great, but a big reason was their passing game SUCKED! Their receivers couldn't get open and couldn't score. Even with all day to throw and a dominant rushing attack, the Chiefs didn't have the offensive firepower in the playoffs to get over the hump especially if you loaded the box to stop Holmes or Johnson. The Chiefs refused to invest in their WR corps until it was too late and it cost them because, outside of TG, they couldn't lean on their passing game if their running game faltered or they got behind (which happens to everyone from time to time).

Currently, we are way worse off than they were. Let me ask you something, who do you think is hurt the most by the loss of Marshall? Yep, Kyle Orton. Do you think he would've had that career year without Brandon? Be honest. Do you think not having Marshall will make Orton better this year? He wasn't very good down the stretch last year (12 INTs in 10 games) and that was with Marshall. If you liked what you saw in game 16 vs KC from our offense, I feel sorry for you, but that's pretty much what we have to work with this year. Gaffney is NOT a starting caliber WR no matter what you and top seem to think. Royal disappeared last year for whatever reason (I don't think Kyle can find him). Stokely and Lloyd have always been nothing better than (and best used as) #3/#4 WRs because they can't handle the starting job. Last but not least is Kenny McKinley who was decent in college, but isn't the fastest guy, not big, has average hands, and will easily be whipped by most starting CBs in the league. Still feeling confident in our WRs?

Orton will only be successful if we surround him with talent. Given what he has right now, we'll be lucky to be 6-10 next season, and that's ONLY if the defense improves from the end of last year - even with the guys we brought in, the defense is still a huge ? considering its age, injury history, and a brand new DC who's never done the job at the pro level before.

Sure, we can get a couple more fat guys for the LOS, but it's not necessarily going to make the offense better if there are less weapons for Orton. Who on our offense scares you right now? I have to ask. Just about every team in the league has someone that the other team has to gameplan for. We have who? Name a playmaker on our offense? I'm anxiously awaiting your reply!

We've got to have some balance. Elway wasn't successful until he had a running game but TD wouldn't have been nearly as successful without the threat of that passing game to Smith, Eddie Mac, and Sharpe. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. A good passing game and rushing game go hand in hand. Right now, we lack the passing threat. Without it, nobody will respect our running game and no matter who the O-line is, they can't block 8-9 guys in the box effectively. If we take the field with our current roster at WR, I truly believe our offense will be worse, not better, than it was last year, no matter who is on the LOS.
one point at a time.

YES I know that not all draftees are going to pan out. BUT if the the top two OLINE guys do they are instant starters on the OLINE where a WR may take 3 years to "get it"

BUT more top OLINE guys are playing today than top WR or for that matter RB's. and for the most part they are making they are the team better than a specialist is.

there is a much bigger chance of drafting a DUD WR or RB than there is in taking the top rated player on the oline. for example

how many of these WR made a huge impact last year for their team.

2009 - WR
Rd Sel # Player Position School Team
1 7 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland Oakland Raiders
1 10 Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech San Francisco 49ers
1 19 Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri Philadelphia Eagles
1 22 Percy Harvin WR Florida Minnesota Vikings
1 29 Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina New York Giants
1 30 Kenny Britt WR Rutgers Tennessee Titans
2 36 Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State Cleveland Browns

ONE maclin but then he went to a contending team that had all the pieces in place.

even he was not a game breaker.

none in 2008 drafted in the first round here is 2007

2007 - WR
Rd Sel # Player Position School Team
1 2 Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech Detroit Lions
1 9 Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State Miami Dolphins
1 23 Dwayne Bowe WR Louisiana State Kansas City Chiefs
1 27 Robert Meachem WR Tennessee New Orleans Saints
1 30 Craig Davis WR Louisiana State San Diego Chargers
1 32 Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State Indianapolis Colts

calvin had 67 catches first year, he was their only OFFENSE

Your thought on KC are lawed because they had lousy coaching and IIRC they won at least one AFCW title during that time frame.

I do not see the doom and gloom some of you do in losing BM, I do see the issue of our QB not having the time to survey the field and wR being able to make moves if their DL is in the back field before that can happen.

Just like years ago mike trying to fix the pass defense by trading for champ every one thought it was an instant fix but until we were able to put pressure on the QB with blitzes

Look I know to some that BM and cutler were Gods but in reality they were just players that can and will be replaced.

I'm not looking for FAT guys on the OLINEI'm looking for lean mean smart and fast guys that are bigger than most DE's in the NFL everyone we have been looking at and talking about are in the 305 to 335 range with little extra fat on them. they are all stronger than what we have had before.

I know your thinking I want to go with DAL cowgirls style OLiNe that comes in at 340 plus but thetas not what the coach is looking for.

If you remember correctly he set standards for fitness last year that Champ a superb athlete did not meet. do you think that he would allow a fat sloppy guy on the field at Mile High?

As for balance yes we need that but for a passing attack to work you need the ability to pass protect, run the ball and keep the D off balance.

We have WR we have TE we have RB we DO NOT have a OLINE to make them work.

I'm not looking for nothing but LOS players in the draft but I am looking for the top guys there. Pouncy, or dalton and Iupati or Ducasse. If it takes nothing but day one and two picks for them then pick whatever else we need on day three. I'm looking for 3 great men an OG, center and a NT for the future this is a great year for all three. there are many choices we can get on day three that fill our other needs.

WARHORSE
04-18-2010, 09:00 PM
There is validity to both sides of this. It comes down to what Josh McD is going to do.

Does he know we can trade back and take interior Oline? I do believe so.

He said their draft board comes down to what JOSH and X see as fits for our team. It doesnt go by what the rest of the NFL thinks of all the players.

Thats why I believe Spiller is high on this list.

AND, I can be, and probably am, far away from what they actually have as far as player rankings for draft prospects according to the way the Broncos want to play ball.

Dan Williams is a versatile, desirable player at 11 in the eyes of the Broncos..........I think.

Would I draft Spiller? Not at 11. But Im not going to be upset if he is though.

My hopes would be to trade back a few slots......twice.

That way I can monitor the players left according to my draft board.

Honestly, for WARHORSE, I want to draft in the trenches. I want Oline and Dline.

But we addressed Dline alot with FAgency. I dont know that Josh is going to bring in 3 starters on Dline just to have one sit while a top tier rookie comes in and takes the spot.

I also dont know if he wants to bring in the rookie to sit. At least not the one taken at 11.

But who knows? All this will play itself out come draft day, and hopefully Josh can give us insight as to what our strategy going in was.

But once again....for WARHORSE......get rid of the FLASH.....bring in the SMASH.

I believe Iupati is high on Denvers list too. Versatile player. Most think he can play tackle. If he can, that makes him a VERY valuable guard. Im sure he could snap too if needed.

I want to win the battle up front.

I believe that will make the rest of the players better across the board.

OrangeHoof
04-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Maybe we should ask if McDaniels has the luxury to suck this year and still keep his job. If the answer is "yes", we can draft a player who needs development. If the answer is "no", then he would be wise to draft a player who will provide instant impact instead of, say LBs who were DEs in college or fourth CBs.

I think at #11, you should take someone you can plug in from Day One. I mean, hell, you're going to be paying him to do just that.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 12:38 AM
There is validity to both sides of this. It comes down to what Josh McD is going to do.

Does he know we can trade back and take interior Oline? I do believe so.

He said their draft board comes down to what JOSH and X see as fits for our team. It doesnt go by what the rest of the NFL thinks of all the players.

Thats why I believe Spiller is high on this list.

AND, I can be, and probably am, far away from what they actually have as far as player rankings for draft prospects according to the way the Broncos want to play ball.

Dan Williams is a versatile, desirable player at 11 in the eyes of the Broncos..........I think.

Would I draft Spiller? Not at 11. But Im not going to be upset if he is though.

My hopes would be to trade back a few slots......twice.

That way I can monitor the players left according to my draft board.

Honestly, for WARHORSE, I want to draft in the trenches. I want Oline and Dline.

But we addressed Dline alot with FAgency. I dont know that Josh is going to bring in 3 starters on Dline just to have one sit while a top tier rookie comes in and takes the spot.

I also dont know if he wants to bring in the rookie to sit. At least not the one taken at 11.

But who knows? All this will play itself out come draft day, and hopefully Josh can give us insight as to what our strategy going in was.

But once again....for WARHORSE......get rid of the FLASH.....bring in the SMASH.

I believe Iupati is high on Denvers list too. Versatile player. Most think he can play tackle. If he can, that makes him a VERY valuable guard. Im sure he could snap too if needed.

I want to win the battle up front.

I believe that will make the rest of the players better across the board.

I think that Josh knows those folks he brought in at DLINE are not long term and iF he can bring someone in that pushes to start it will not hurt the rotation one bit.

I saw modest praise of those players behind our NEW starters without those from last year be adequate only. We all know that they were not long term starters but most likely quality backups that can come in a spell the starters.

But they are not long term guys either. Perhaps Thomas will make the transition to DE and perhaps Baker can fill the void at NT but beyond those two we have really no long term potential starters. As for oline it is a weak strong point we have three quality starters IF harris comes back. I would not have an issue with picking up an OT to push him or be his back up in case of injury again.

98 McBean, Ryan DL 6' 5" 297 25 3rd Oklahoma State FA- '08
93 Green, Jarvis DL 6' 3" 285 31 9th Louisiana State UFA (NE)-'10
91 Fields, Ronald DL 6' 2" 314 28 6th Mississippi State UFA(SF)- '09
Bannan, Justin DL 6' 3" 310 30 9th Colorado UFA (Balt)-'10
79 Thomas, Marcus DL 6' 3" 316 24 4th Florida D4- '07
97 Smith, Le Kevin DL 6' 3" 308 27 5th Nebraska T (NEP)-'09
Williams, Jamal DL 6' 3" 348 34 13th Ok State UFA (SD)-'10
75 Baker, Chris DL 6' 2" 329 22 2nd Hampton CFA- '09

But we suck at OLG and Center in fact we have no bona fide center,

62 Fry, Dustin C 6' 3" 326 2nd Clemson FA-'10

perhaps Olsen but I'm not wanting, to trust that spot to a 4th rounder from last year.

Here are the OG on the roster.
60 McChesney, Matt G 6' 4" 333 27 3rd Colorado FA-'09
73 Kuper, Chris G 6' 4" 303 27 5th N Dakota D5- '06
70 Olsen, Seth G 6' 5" 308 24 2nd Iowa D4b- '09

as for OT

78 Clady, Ryan T 6' 6" 325 23 3rd Boise St D1- '08
76 Polumbus, Tyler T 6' 8" 300 24 3rd Colorado CFA- '08
Batiste, D'AnthonyT 6' 4" 314 27 5th La-Lafayette FA-'09

folks the cupboard is mighty bare here with almost no Backup on the shelf.

The more I see it we will take LOS players Dan WIlliams being one of them and at least one OC and OG All by the third round with TEbow slipping in the second Round. after that I'd guess skill positions.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Maybe we should ask if McDaniels has the luxury to suck this year and still keep his job. If the answer is "yes", we can draft a player who needs development. If the answer is "no", then he would be wise to draft a player who will provide instant impact instead of, say LBs who were DEs in college or fourth CBs.

I think at #11, you should take someone you can plug in from Day One. I mean, hell, you're going to be paying him to do just that.

Josh is not worried about his job this year Unless they go belly up in games two or three he has at least one more year after this one to prove his theories.

PAt hired the guy for his ideas and what he brought to the table. A plan to go to the NE model. HE is not going to bail on him after two season. Especially if he sees better players than we had before, that are playing TEAM ball.

Shazam!
04-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Denver could draft the most talented players available and McDaniels will be crucified for it by all the experts here with their connections in the NFL.

WARHORSE
04-19-2010, 12:52 AM
I think that Josh knows those folks he brought in at DLINE are not long term and iF he can bring someone in that pushes to start it will not hurt the rotation one bit.

I saw modest praise of those players behind our NEW starters without those from last year be adequate only. We all know that they were not long term starters but most likely quality backups that can come in a spell the starters.

But they are not long term guys either. Perhaps Thomas will make the transition to DE and perhaps Baker can fill the void at NT but beyond those two we have really no long term potential starters. As for oline it is a weak strong point we have three quality starters IF harris comes back. I would not have an issue with picking up an OT to push him or be his back up in case of injury again.

98 McBean, Ryan DL 6' 5" 297 25 3rd Oklahoma State FA- '08
93 Green, Jarvis DL 6' 3" 285 31 9th Louisiana State UFA (NE)-'10
91 Fields, Ronald DL 6' 2" 314 28 6th Mississippi State UFA(SF)- '09
Bannan, Justin DL 6' 3" 310 30 9th Colorado UFA (Balt)-'10
79 Thomas, Marcus DL 6' 3" 316 24 4th Florida D4- '07
97 Smith, Le Kevin DL 6' 3" 308 27 5th Nebraska T (NEP)-'09
Williams, Jamal DL 6' 3" 348 34 13th Ok State UFA (SD)-'10
75 Baker, Chris DL 6' 2" 329 22 2nd Hampton CFA- '09

But we suck at OLG and Center in fact we have no bona fide center,

62 Fry, Dustin C 6' 3" 326 2nd Clemson FA-'10

perhaps Olsen but I'm not wanting, to trust that spot to a 4th rounder from last year.

Here are the OG on the roster.
60 McChesney, Matt G 6' 4" 333 27 3rd Colorado FA-'09
73 Kuper, Chris G 6' 4" 303 27 5th N Dakota D5- '06
70 Olsen, Seth G 6' 5" 308 24 2nd Iowa D4b- '09

as for OT

78 Clady, Ryan T 6' 6" 325 23 3rd Boise St D1- '08
76 Polumbus, Tyler T 6' 8" 300 24 3rd Colorado CFA- '08
Batiste, D'AnthonyT 6' 4" 314 27 5th La-Lafayette FA-'09

folks the cupboard is mighty bare here with almost no Backup on the shelf.

The more I see it we will take LOS players Dan WIlliams being one of them and at least one OC and OG All by the third round with TEbow slipping in the second Round. after that I'd guess skill positions.

Well, we also have 6 guys that play at OLB/DE as well depending on the situation. Moving Haggans to inside LBer, lets say five. That puts 13 players playing along the Dline at different situations and times.

You could very well be right about adding another Dlineman at 11.

But I would say if youre going to base it on numbers of players at specific positions, then guard and center are going to be the play.

BUT.......I dont see us drafting NEED before the best player available at the top of the draft.

If we move down.....all bets are off. We go Oline.

Taking in NEED right now, I believe Iupati would be the player. Hes versatile...can play tackle...(most believe)....and will dominate at guard. Can he play center? Probably.

Iupati is one player I want the most on theoffensive side of the ball.

Morgan is who I like on the defensive side first.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Well, we also have 6 guys that play at OLB/DE as well depending on the situation. Moving Haggans to inside LBer, lets say five. That puts 13 players playing along the Dline at different situations and times.

You could very well be right about adding another Dlineman at 11.

But I would say if youre going to base it on numbers of players at specific positions, then guard and center are going to be the play.

BUT.......I dont see us drafting NEED before the best player available at the top of the draft.

If we move down.....all bets are off. We go Oline.

Taking in NEED right now, I believe Iupati would be the player. Hes versatile...can play tackle...(most believe)....and will dominate at guard. Can he play center? Probably.

Iupati is one player I want the most on theoffensive side of the ball.

Morgan is who I like on the defensive side first. I do not know morgan from adam.

I think that dan williams will be at 11 if he is still on the board. Josh said some really nice things about him and at 11 he has that value everyone else has sphincter issues with.

BTW Tebow may be in play also which means our Blind side guy is Harris so this may all be moot.

WARHORSE
04-19-2010, 01:45 AM
I do not know morgan from adam.

I think that dan williams will be at 11 if he is still on the board. Josh said some really nice things about him and at 11 he has that value everyone else has sphincter issues with.

BTW Tebow may be in play also which means our Blind side guy is Harris so this may all be moot.

Morgan is not adam.

No way we draft Tebow at 11.

Williams may be the pick I agree.

Lonestar
04-19-2010, 10:18 AM
The more I see this play out is Tebow at 11 or we are trying to sucker someone to trade before the draft so they can snag him before JAX gets him right after we pick.

Tebow. Is not getting past JAX he could be the savior of that franchise the only reason they would not move out of town.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

CrazyHorse
04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
I have a feeling we end up with Dez Bryant.

Lancane
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
What will happen is that McDaniels will meet up with Belichick and get him into a drunkin' stupor, then the next day the Broncos will trade the 11th overall pick for all three of New England's second round picks.

Just kidding... I hope...

HORSEPOWER 56
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Denver could draft the most talented players available and McDaniels will be crucified for it by all the experts here with their connections in the NFL.

Well, MY NFL connections can beat up YOUR NFL connections...

:boxing:

^^^
04-20-2010, 12:25 AM
I understand.

Not saying I'd pick him there.

But we had him in, and that means we have interest. I thought Josh tried to be a little TOO non chalant when mentioning Spillers name during his recent press conference. But more than that, you gotta ask yourself, WHY are we even LOOKING at Spiller? What is it that has us interested?

And seeing that, I believe we have a versatile, but very big offensive playmaker.

What did we just lose? Our playmaker.

Spiller is a Westbrook type, but even better on some levels. We addressed much of the D in the offseason, but the offense lacks punch.

He scored touchdowns last year rushing, receiving, passing, kick returning and punt returning.

He is a threat to go all the way every time he touches the ball.

He separates from defenders with ease in the passing game. He pass blocks.

His concern is his ability to take the pounding.

These are the reasons I think Josh wants him. He will use the two back system again.

This time, he has a homerun threat that very few teams in the league have.

Get SPiller to the second level, and you are going to get a chunk of real estate.

Not to mention he brings our return game to another level.

Spiller is very appealing to Josh imo.

The defensive line is deep.......and we can get good players in other positions later. Like guard, center and LBer.

The only other guy is Dez, and two things I wonder about. Do the concerns we have bring him lower than Spiller? Cause he would play more downs IF he cracks the starting spot. Spiller will come in right away, and everyone in the league knows RB is one position you can get return on right away.

If he makes it past Seattle at 6, I think he comes here.

I believe if we pick at 11, it will be one of those two players.

Id love this. I hope youre right. I hope they either draft Spiller or Pouncey...or better yet, Spiller and Pouncey.

The offense needs some explosiveness that doesnt involve Orton showing off his arm.

sneakers
04-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Pick Pouncey!!!!!!!!!!

Dean
04-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Id love this. I hope youre right. I hope they either draft Spiller or Pouncey...or better yet, Spiller and Pouncey.

The offense needs some explosiveness that doesnt involve Orton showing off his arm.

Yeah, right! One long bomb after the next.:rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
04-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah, right! One long bomb after the next.:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: