PDA

View Full Version : Source: Orton signs first-round tender

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12169/source-orton-signs-first-round-tender

Denver quarterback Kyle Orton signed his restricted free-agent tender, according to a league source.

Orton was given a first-round tender. By signing his tender, Orton is now under contract, and it removes all concern that the quarterback could hold out from minicamps and training camp.

Orton signed an injury waiver to participate in the Bronco's offseason workout program, indicating there would not be any issues between him and the team. Orton said he needed to take part in the workouts because of his leadership position.

weazel
04-16-2010, 03:32 PM
go neck beard!

T.K.O.
04-16-2010, 03:50 PM
way to go K.O.
this allows the team to absolutely know they have their 3 qb's lined up for next year (don't have to worry about hold outs for camp)
whether or not they are planning on adding a qb through the draft, they at least know the starter will be up to speed with the team and ready to go.
its just another classy move by orton showing why is considered by the coaching staff and team to be a true proffessional !:salute:
tear it up in 2010 kyle....i will absolutely laugh my a off if we make the playoffs after the offseason beating mcD and orton are taking from some fans !

claymore
04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
This is a shocking development.

SOCALORADO.
04-16-2010, 04:28 PM
This is a shocking development.

He signed it so they can trade him now for a 6th. :welcome:

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 04:51 PM
wasn't the deadline about here?

Lancane
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Orton signed, we can trade him to St. Louis or Oakland for a third round pick and use a second on Tebow! Woohoo...

It's sucks to be a dreamer, but hell it's better then watching the ship sink.

topscribe
04-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Orton signed, we can trade him to St. Louis or Oakland for a third round pick and use a second on Tebow! Woohoo...

Okay, that's enough, Cane.

One Claymore at a time . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 05:47 PM

Dude.. seriously.... you are killing me with this Tebow dream. Its physically hurting me

Lancane
04-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Dude.. seriously.... you are killing me with this Tebow dream. Its physically hurting me

I mentioned that Denver would look at Tebow long before he came for a visit, and then atop it all, McDaniels somewhat loving comments had to make some wonder...lol.

;)

Lancane
04-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Okay, that's enough, Cane.

One Claymore at a time . . .

-----

Damn you, leave me to my delusions! :laugh:

T.K.O.
04-17-2010, 01:14 AM

your a pretty bright guy ?
so do you really think tebow could toss 21 td's and 12 (some of which were garbage time chucks)int's and 3800 yds in a new system.
not sayin' we are set at qb.....but there are a few qb's in the league that would kill for orton's #s last year

Ziggy
04-17-2010, 01:21 AM
your a pretty bright guy ?
so do you really think tebow could toss 21 td's and 12 (some of which were garbage time chucks)int's and 3800 yds in a new system.not sayin' we are set at qb.....but there are a few qb's in the league that would kill for orton's #s last year

I'm not an Orton basher by any means, but at the same point in thier careers I'd say that Tebow will be a better NFL quarterback. Not many agree with me, but we'll see what happens.

T.K.O.
04-17-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm not an Orton basher by any means, but at the same point in thier careers I'd say that Tebow will be a better NFL quarterback. Not many agree with me, but we'll see what happens.

well... you have the whole "total speculation and i might be wrong" thing goin' for you :beer:

Davii
04-17-2010, 01:29 AM
well... you have the whole "total speculation and i might be wrong" thing goin' for you :beer:

In the end, don't we all?

DenBronx
04-17-2010, 01:31 AM

why? he's only the best college player in history. why not burn a 2nd rounder on him? it's not like he would start week 1. he would be a project but might pay off for someone.

T.K.O.
04-17-2010, 01:51 AM
In the end, don't we all?

well, then i guess i can say we will draft a wr thats better than marshall if we get him above the 4th rnd?
speculation is just that....and it amounts to ...
its no different than me saying that mcD is a genius for getting 2 second round picks for a 4th(marshall)
wait i,m buzzed and am not making sense.....
but why should we trade orton for an unproven guy ?
i thought that was what i was responding to?

Davii
04-17-2010, 02:31 AM
well, then i guess i can say we will draft a wr thats better than marshall if we get him above the 4th rnd?
speculation is just that....and it amounts to ...
its no different than me saying that mcD is a genius for getting 2 second round picks for a 4th(marshall)
wait i,m buzzed and am not making sense.....
but why should we trade orton for an unproven guy ?
i thought that was what i was responding to?

I dont think we should. But then again, total speculation and I could be wrong.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-17-2010, 01:01 PM
tebow...you kidding me?

NittanyBuff24
04-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Tebow shebow, we got the great Neck Beard!!!

Lancane
04-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Tebow shebow, we got the great Neck Beard!!!

His greatness must be hidden somewhere...because it's nowhere to be seen. :laugh:

Lancane
04-17-2010, 03:01 PM
tebow...you kidding me?

I would take Tebow over Orton in a heartbeat, of course I would take most quarterbacks over Orton, give JeMarcus Russell.

TXBRONC
04-17-2010, 03:04 PM
His greatness must be hidden somewhere...because it's nowhere to be seen. :laugh:

Put a fifth of JD in his hands and he becomes 10 feet tall and bulletproof. ;)

Lancane
04-17-2010, 03:08 PM

Maybe it would help his accuracy on the long ball as well. We should try it, for no other reason then seeing him stumbling drunk on the sidelines...lol.

T.K.O.
04-17-2010, 03:08 PM

a ten foot tall quarterback..........that would rule:cool:

Lancane
04-17-2010, 03:09 PM
a ten foot tall quarterback..........that would rule:cool:

People would start calling him Orton the Jolly White Giant! :lol:

T.K.O.
04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I would take Tebow over Orton in a heartbeat, of course I would take most quarterbacks over Orton, give JeMarcus Russell.

what's wrong with russell ?
man we could tear up the division if we had a guy like that...........
tell me this don't strike fear in the hearts of defenders everywhere

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/images/fighter/178_l.jpg

Lancane
04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
what's wrong with russell ?
man we could tear up the division if we had a guy like that...........
tell me this don't strike fear in the hearts of defenders everywhere

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/images/fighter/178_l.jpg

:eek:

That is F'n scary... We should talk Pittsburgh into trading Big Ben to Oakland so we can trade a pick for Russell, we need a good nose tackle!