PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, Philidelphia the city of brotherly love and vomit

Northman
04-16-2010, 03:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

Man accused of vomiting on girl at game

ESPN.com news services

PHILADELPHIA -- A New Jersey man is facing charges after police say he intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl and her father in the stands during a Philadelphia Phillies (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=phi) game.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0416/mlb_a_clemmens_65.jpg
Clemmens
Twenty-one-year-old Matthew Clemmens, of Cherry Hill, N.J., was arraigned Friday on charges stemming from his behavior at Wednesday night's Phillies-Nationals game.
Police say Clemmens made himself vomit on an off-duty police captain and one of his daughters after Clemmens' companion was kicked out of Citizens Bank Park for unruly behavior, which included cursing, spitting and spilling beer by Clemmens and a friend.
According to an account in the Philadelphia Daily News, Clemmens and his friend were asked by the 15-year-old daughter of Easton police Capt. Michael Vangelo to stop cursing and spitting. A short while later, Vangelo said, it started again.
"One guy started spitting ... first it landed on the back of my daughter's chair. Then it landed on her hooded sweatshirt," Vangelo said, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
After Vangelo reported the incident to stadium officials, Clemmens' friend was led out of the stadium. At that point, Vangelo said Clemmens said he would be sick and "put two fingers down his throat."
He then "leaned forward and started vomiting on us," Vangelo said, according to the Daily News.
Philadelphia police say Clemmens also punched Vangelo and vomited on an arresting officer.
"It reminds you of the type of behavior you used to hear about at the 700 level in Veterans Stadium," Philadelphia police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore said, according to the Daily News.
Vangelo told the Daily News he didn't hit Clemmens because "I kept thinking, 'If I get arrested, my kids will be alone here.' "
Clemmens is being held on $36,000 bail on three complaints containing 15 counts of the different offenses, including aggravated assault, and harassment.
"I was just a dad with my kids enjoying a game," Vangelo said, according to the Daily News. "I never experienced anything like that before."
Information from The Associated Press is included in this report.

weazel
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
digusting... but why is this hockey talk, North. LOL

Northman
04-16-2010, 04:03 PM
digusting... but why is this hockey talk, North. LOL

Shit, you know what your right. I was thinking this was at a hockey game because the playoffs are going on and i dont pay attention to baseball. :lol:

Good catch Weaz. Could a mod move this to the MLB forum please.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Unbelievable.... I wonder if Philly residents understand why they have such a horrendous reputation?

OrangeHoof
04-16-2010, 07:13 PM
"It reminds you of the type of behavior you used to hear about at the 700 level in Veterans Stadium," Philadelphia police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore said, according to the Daily News.

So this is not exactly out of character for Philly fans, eh?

I went to one game at the Vet - sat up in the upper deck and had a generally nice time although I can't say the area felt entirely safe.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
So this is not exactly out of character for Philly fans, eh?

I went to one game at the Vet - sat up in the upper deck and had a generally nice time although I can't say the area felt entirely safe.

If I remember correctly, I think a couple of years ago, it was so bad at the Eagles' games, that the cops set up shop right at the stadium - i.e. arrested, booked, and then hauled whoever off to jail.

EMB6903
04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
doesnt the Eagles stadium have there own holding cell?

Broncolingus
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
What a...

http://www.thisshirtrocks.com/productphotos/shocker_close_display.jpg

OrangeHoof
04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Veteran's Stadium had a holding cell and a presiding judge at Eagles games just to streamline the process of adjudicating all the drunk and disorderlies. I don't know if the new ballparks have that although I hope they do. I hope it was right there in the blueprints.

A tour of Philadelphia should not be considered complete unless you've seen the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the drunk tank at the Eagles' stadium. LOL Oh, and eat an authentic cheesesteak. I think that's the full tour.

BroncoBJ
04-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Heres a video of a guy talking about the incidents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08jdm4123LY&playnext_from=TL&videos=qe9R9n0r7TM&feature=sub

But typical Philly trash.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-16-2010, 11:01 PM
They even have courthouses embedded in philly stadiums and even that deters noone. Philly feels different than anywhere else in the world...evil

EMB6903
04-17-2010, 01:29 AM
that left eye looks F'ED UP... he probably got what he deserved after that cowardly act.

BroncoJoe
04-17-2010, 09:55 AM
His punishment?

Put him in a locked room with the Dad for 45 minutes.