PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels benches pivotal starters for next season's finale

NameUsedBefore
04-16-2010, 10:42 AM
April 16, 2010.

Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels announced yesterday that he will be benching pivotal players for next season's finale. A move that has been raising eyebrows, McDaniels argued that the move will inspire certain starters to improve themselves.

"If you don't want to play in the season finale, I suggest catching over a hundred balls. Or being a critical pass-catcher playing at a position where your peers have stones for hands. Something that makes you distinct, something that will be missed game day."

Champ Bailey was asked about his prospects for being benched at the season finale. He responded, "Pretty good, I'd say. I just gotta get on McD's good side for most of the season and then at the very end, while I'm being most productive, use a loss to spearhead my dissatisfaction with the direction of the team." An unnamed second year player said he was going to, "Break out. I'mma have a huge year. And at the very end I'm gonna demand more money. Coach McDaniels would be hardpressed to not bench me."

An interesting turn of events, to say the least. In other news, Coach McDaniels has also announced that another marquee player will be traded after the season is over. "It's too early to say who," McDaniels said. "Once the season is over we'll analyze which player is most crucial to the team and then immediately start shopping him around. We're looking to create something between the implosion of the fanbase and cutting the jugular of this franchise's future."

The developments echo former Denver coach Mike Shanahan's handling of defensive coordinators. A now notorious process, coach Shanahan had defensive coordinators sign both their contracts and their resignation letters on the same day.

frauschieze
04-16-2010, 01:59 PM
LMMFAO! Well played. You write that yourself, NUB?