PDA

View Full Version : Vomit inducing pick...Surprising, but OK...

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2008, 07:30 PM
OK, the jockeying for position is over. The workouts are complete. The BS has played itself into the "real" rankings of the 2008 draft prospects. Most of us have expressed who we do want, but not all have discussed who would make us vomit or who would make us say "interesting, I can deal with that." Basically guys we haven't really discussed, but could be an acceptable surprise. With that, who are your candidates?

My vomit inducers are:
DeSean Jackson
Ryan Clady
Keith Rivers

Jackson has obvious return skills, but has shown to be nothing short of an a-hole. Clady is soft and I don't think he is better than Harris. Rivers is small and we have OLBs covered...plus I'm not convinced his numbers weren't a result of his supporting cast.

My acceptable surprises include:
Derrick Harvey
Devin Thomas
Phillip Merling

Thomas could be that #2 WR we need to go along with Marshall. Also necessary insurance in case Marshall is hurt more than we all hope.

Harvey and Merling, to me, add crazy flexibility to our DLine. Now we would have to either get Robertson or draft a DT as well, but Crowder and Harvey/Merling can play DE on 1st and 2nd downs and move inside to rush the passer with Elvis and Moss on passing downs. Call it a copycat philosophy, but the Giants gave QBs fits this year w/ a piss poor secondary and an overall average set of LBs.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2008, 07:38 PM
I've seen Clady play quite a bit, but have never paid Harris (Speaking of "Soft") any attention, so I'll save the bold statements other than to say that if Harris is as good as Clady looked, he wouldn't have lasted til the 3rd round......

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Clady was good v WAC competition. He was abused when his team went out of conference last year.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Clady was good v WAC competition. He was abused when his team went out of conference last year.

Looks like all the mid conference players and D-II, even D-III hopefuls need to pack up their bags and leave then I guess. :rolleyes:

BOSSHOGG30
04-23-2008, 08:00 PM
If we stay at 12, My vomit inducers are:
Clady
Balmers
any WR
any TE
any QB
any K
any P

LRtagger
04-23-2008, 08:09 PM
If we stay at 12, My vomit inducers are:
Clady
Balmers
any WR
any TE
any QB
any K
any P

What about LB and Safety?

BOSSHOGG30
04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
What about LB and Safety?

I wouldn't vomit.......It would be a need and I could get over it. I think that pretty much all the safties and linebackers that the Broncos could possible jump on at 12 are good enough to contribute to the team.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2008, 08:12 PM

Who abused him? Not saying it's not true, I'm just thinking that maybe you're exaggerating a bit......

tubby
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
My wiener would barf if we took Todd Blythe. :D

underrated29
04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
clady
desean
phillips
any DE
any qb

Requiem / The Dagda
04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
In all honesty for me I don't think there would be a vomit inducing pick. There used to be a time in my life (say last year when I cried when we traded up for Jarvis) that I cared about who we select; but as long as it's a good player at a position we could use help at that has solid value at the selection, I'll be pretty okay.

Even if it was Kentwan Balmer. I'd be a little mad, but I'd understand.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the selection though.

I'm not going to say, "Our draft blew." because I didn't get the prospect I wanted.

I see a lot of that going on here. No matter what, I hope people are objective and open-minded in their respective analysis after the draft.

TXBRONC
04-23-2008, 10:16 PM
OK, the jockeying for position is over. The workouts are complete. The BS has played itself into the "real" rankings of the 2008 draft prospects. Most of us have expressed who we do want, but not all have discussed who would make us vomit or who would make us say "interesting, I can deal with that." Basically guys we haven't really discussed, but could be an acceptable surprise. With that, who are your candidates?

My vomit inducers are:
DeSean Jackson
Ryan Clady
Keith Rivers

Jackson has obvious return skills, but has shown to be nothing short of an a-hole. Clady is soft and I don't think he is better than Harris. Rivers is small and we have OLBs covered...plus I'm not convinced his numbers weren't a result of his supporting cast.

My acceptable surprises include:
Derrick Harvey
Devin Thomas
Phillip Merling

Thomas could be that #2 WR we need to go along with Marshall. Also necessary insurance in case Marshall is hurt more than we all hope.

Harvey and Merling, to me, add crazy flexibility to our DLine. Now we would have to either get Robertson or draft a DT as well, but Crowder and Harvey/Merling can play DE on 1st and 2nd downs and move inside to rush the passer with Elvis and Moss on passing downs. Call it a copycat philosophy, but the Giants gave QBs fits this year w/ a piss poor secondary and an overall average set of LBs.

None of them would induce vomit from me but I will say that I would have serious reservation about drafting Jackson. I could handle drafting Rivers or Clady.

Scarface
04-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Clady wouldn't make me mad. He's not my top choice but he's a mauler.

mclark
04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Vomit? Matt Ryan.

Rivers? I'd love to have him. But we really don't need him.

Clady? I'd take him. No problem with my stomach.

A cornerback or a wide-receiver would make me shake my head.

DeShean Jackson? Nausea certainly -- not because I hate him. I just don't see him as being very useful to us at the moment.

Malcolm Kelly? After all the injury talk? I think I'd be furious.

Who would make me sing? Sedric Ellis, Dorsey, Branden Alberts, Jonathan Stewart.

Content with: Chris Williams, Clady, even Mendenhall. Also content with a trade back that gets us a defensive tackle or another first day pick.

I'm really not expecting much nausea on Saturday. But the key to the quality of our draft will be who we take on day two.

Skinny
04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Aqib Talib