PDA

View Full Version : Marshall on Denver days: "Josh and I got along great"

broncofaninfla
04-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Marshall on Denver days: "Josh and I got along great"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 15, 2010 4:41 PM ET
Nothing with Brandon Marshall seems to come easy.

The Dolphins don't hold introductory press conferences for players, so Marshall held court with reporters at a local hotel Thursday. He threw a press conference for himself.

Marshall handled himself well, and couldn't contain his enthusiasm. The most predictable answer was questions about his off-field problems: "The past is the past," Marshall said.

Marshall surprisingly said he could have co-existed with Josh McDaniels in Denver and played another year there, pointing to how rocky last year started.

"Josh and I got along great," Marshall said. Some other notes from the afternoon:

On his jersey number: "15, that's [Bess'] number. It's his locker room. The only number I'm worried about is number of wins." Marshall said he'll take whatever number's available.

On Revis Island: "I"m not sure where that is. Revis is a friend of mine. Where is Revis Island? Hopefully I visit there soon."

On what Bill Parcells told him: "Basically, let's win some games. The message here is team first."

On his reputation: "This may shock you guys, but I'm no prima donna." (He does block.)

On his maturity: "In the past, there's a lot I didn't focus on. This offseason, I will. I plan for this year to be my best year so far."

Northman
04-15-2010, 05:24 PM
On his maturity: "In the past, there's a lot I didn't focus on. This offseason, I will. I plan for this year to be my best year so far."

3 years too late unfortuantely for us.

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 05:27 PM
As much as I hate this trade, the best year ever quote just bites my ass

weazel
04-15-2010, 05:28 PM
well, good for him if he does.

... but after reading all this Marshall stuff, I feel like beating my wife.

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 05:29 PM
well, good for him if he does.

... but after reading all this Marshall stuff, I feel like beating my wife.

Nope but after watching the masters I didn't go cheat on my wife either

Nomad
04-15-2010, 05:32 PM
You pay me $24 million guaranteed, I could come up with bs/pr answers too!! At least he hasn't thrown BRONCO fans under the bus yet!!

broncophan
04-15-2010, 05:41 PM
What do you expect him to say???

I plan on beating some girl???
I plan on goofing off in practice??
I will put myself before the team??

This guy is so full of ****.....he stinks bad.......

broncobryce
04-15-2010, 05:46 PM
"The message here is team first." READ: Now that I'm the highest paid WR, I'm all about the team.......Unless I don't get my catches.

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
What do you expect him to say???

I plan on beating some girl???
I plan on goofing off in practice??
I will put myself before the team??

This guy is so full of ****.....he stinks bad.......

Maybe: I made some mistake and I know it. I can't change the past but I want to thanks the Broncos and the fans. I am going to try to improve both on and off the field and give it my best.

I could have lived with this BS and it took me what 2 seconds

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 06:00 PM
3 years too late unfortuantely for us.

didnt have to be...unfortuantly

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 06:01 PM
You pay me $24 million guaranteed, I could come up with bs/pr answers too!! At least he hasn't thrown BRONCO fans under the bus yet!!

unlike his mentor of 2009...mcd......oh wait that was players so i guess its cool

broncophan
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Maybe: I made some mistake and I know it. I can't change the past but I want to thanks the Broncos and the fans. I am going to try to improve both on and off the field and give it my best.

I could have lived with this BS and it took me what 2 seconds

lol........seems easy ......doesn't it??

He has just screwed up way too many times.......talk, esp. from Marshall is cheap.....and, once again, his actions over time....will speak much louder than anything he could ever say.....imo...

broncobryce
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Pat didn't want to pay him, Brandon didn't want to play here. That's it.

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
lol........seems easy ......doesn't it??

He has just screwed up way too many times.......talk, esp. from Marshall is cheap.....and, once again, his actions over time....will speak much louder than anything he could ever say.....imo...

I am a big Marshall fan, I really am. I just wished he would have thanked the Broncos and the fans. Even if he thanked Shanny and gave McD a big F.U.

broncophan
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
I am a big Marshall fan, I really am. I just wished he would have thanked the Broncos and the fans. Even if he thanked Shanny and gave McD a big F.U.

I agree.......I really enjoyed watching him play.......hard to find anyone better at what he would do after catching the ball........just a shame he has all the baggage along with the talent........just not worth it......the broncos, as a franchise, don't need his baggage....and glad they sent him out the door...

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree.......I really enjoyed watching him play.......hard to find anyone better at what he would do after catching the ball........just a shame he has all the baggage along with the talent........just not worth it......the broncos, as a franchise, don't need his baggage....and glad they sent him out the door...

I can respect that, I disagree with it but I respect it. Rey Lewis killed someone and the Ravens held onto him. Look at Kobe Bryant and they both brought their teams championships.
Now not for one second do I condone their actions or are they the type of person I want to cheer for, however talent comes with a huge amount of baggage sometimes.
I will cheer for Tiger Woods the golfer, I love Brandon the football player, he didn`t kill, he didn`t rape. Was he a good guy, no was he a role model for my kids NO. Could he have helped the Broncos win a Super Bowl in the future, I don`t know

Northman
04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
didnt have to be...unfortuantly

Yea, personal accountability could of got him paid a long time ago had he cleaned up his act.

Northman
04-15-2010, 06:32 PM
I can respect that, I disagree with it but I respect it. Rey Lewis killed someone and the Ravens held onto him. Look at Kobe Bryant and they both brought their teams championships.
Now not for one second do I condone their actions or are they the type of person I want to cheer for, however talent comes with a huge amount of baggage sometimes.
I will cheer for Tiger Woods the golfer, I love Brandon the football player, he didn`t kill, he didn`t rape. Was he a good guy, no was he a role model for my kids NO. Could he have helped the Broncos win a Super Bowl in the future, I don`t know

Rare cases unfortuantely. Peyton Manning has a ring, Brees has a ring, Brady has a ring and so on. Players like Lewis and Bryant are rare when it comes to the kind of trouble they find themselves in. So there are far more cases of players who can stay in line and win championships compared to the malcontents you have pointed out.

broncophan
04-15-2010, 06:36 PM

Very good points........There are alot of "thugs" who are professional athletes..the nba is full of them, .....I am just glad, for the most part, the broncos have not them on their team over the years.....one reason I have always considered the Bronco organization, one of the best.......it is alot more than what you see on the field.....at least to me.......

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Rare cases unfortuantely. Peyton Manning has a ring, Brees has a ring, Brady has a ring and so on. Players like Lewis and Bryant are rare when it comes to the kind of trouble they find themselves in. So there are far more cases of players who can stay in line and win championships compared to the malcontents you have pointed out.

That is because most people in society don`t find that kind of trouble. But this is the same owner that allowed the Borncos to sign Travis Henry and Draft Clarrett. I am not excusing his actions, but you can`t label Marshall and ignore others.

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Very good points........There are alot of "thugs" who are professional athletes..the nba is full of them, .....I am just glad, for the most part, the broncos have not them on their team over the years.....one reason I have always considered the Bronco organization, one of the best.......it is alot more than what you see on the field.....at least to me.......

I love this team like they are part of my family, ask my wife it is true. I don`t think the Broncos have had thug players over the years but I would say that of most teams. Even Cincinnatti most of the players were not I just think too much can be made of past actions by Marshall and not enough credit for his actions on the field

T.K.O.
04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
That is because most people in society don`t find that kind of trouble. But this is the same owner that allowed the Borncos to sign Travis Henry and Draft Clarrett. I am not excusing his actions, but you can`t label Marshall and ignore others.

well the guy who signed them is out the door as well

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
well the guy who signed them is out the door as well

Yup that is the guy, the one with 2 rings

Bosco
04-15-2010, 10:30 PM
But I thought Josh was Hitler Jr and couldn't get along with anyone?

Tempus Fugit
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM

Well, you know Marshall's a liar. ;)

Oh, yeah.... that's McDaniels' fault too.

topscribe
04-15-2010, 10:43 PM

Well, I mentioned in another thread several players who had played either for or
with McDaniels, who came here last year, and who each gave specifically
McDaniels as a reason they came. I was, however, reminded that none of them
was a starter.

I'm still trying to figure that one out . . . :confused:

-----

Ravage!!!
04-15-2010, 10:50 PM

You mean like they have him?

nevcraw
04-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, I mentioned in another thread several players who had played either for or
with McDaniels, who came here last year, and who each gave specifically
McDaniels as a reason they came. I was, however, reminded that none of them
was a starter.

I'm still trying to figure that one out . . . :confused:

-----

of course they are going to mention the guy who brough them in.. pretty silly to use this in any form of argument..
this just in.. water is wet.

Bosco
04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
of course they are going to mention the guy who brough them in.. pretty silly to use this in any form of argument..

And it would stand to reason that if McD was such an ass, they wouldn't come here, right?

topscribe
04-15-2010, 10:57 PM

You really think so? So you would go back to work for someone you couldn't get along with?

I really admire you, but you certainly are different from the normal cut . . .

See, the fact is, they all had experience with McDaniels, and they allllll came back . . .

-----

WARHORSE
04-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Well, my hope is that Marshall becomes a responsible adult, puts his past behind him, and stays a true husband to his wife.

I also hope he remains a good citizen, and makes the HOF.

I dont mind him succeeding in life on and off the field.

And when he comes to town, I hope we shut him down plain and simple.

Hes no longer a Bronco, and my focus will now be on the players we bring in.