PDA

View Full Version : Clady Visits the Broncos-- An Interview

Broncospsycho77
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
From MyFoxColorado http://community.myfoxcolorado.com/blogs/Denvr_Sports_Insider

A Fox 31 Sports Exclusive Interview

Two days after Fox 31 sports interviewed Chris Williams-the offensive tackle from Vanderbilt-we put Ryan Clady the offensive tackle out of Boise State underneath the lights.

Both young men are considered top prospects in this year’s draft, and both players have at one time or another been selected as the Broncos first round pick by various draft experts.

Now, if I am to go off quick first impressions, I definitely feel like Williams has the more affable personality. I mean any guy that can entertain himself by making silly facial expressions and by taking his two front teeth in and out during our interview, definitely gets the edge there.

But physique wise, if one is able to judge from how an interview subject looks via satellite sitting from the Fox Bureau in Los Angeles, then Clady gets the edge.

It’s not to say Clady doesn’t have an engaging persona, it just means he could require more probing off the jump. His instinct isn’t to filibuster in a long diatribe with you if he doesn’t know you-ala a Drew Rosenhaus type, or get deep instantaneously during an interview ala an Oprah Winfrey type. You definitely have to press.

Well if you dig into Clady’s past, you’ll discover this is a young talent who didn’t forecast his NFL future from birth; matter of fact not even as he left Eisenhower High School in Rialto, California as an average defensive tackle.

You see when Clady arrived in Idaho to play for Boise State, his initial desire was just to get a great education. However, the Broncos football staff-reportedly the only group that recruited Clady-saw much greater potential for their developing player to offer a return on his appreciation.

Although Clady redshirted in 2004, and started mostly at right tackle in 2005, he eventually made a very successful switch to left tackle the following year.

In 2006, Clady dominated the WAC, and helped the Broncos finish second in the nation in scoring [pay attention Jay Cutler], and second in the nation in rushing touchdowns [hollarback Travis Henry], en route to an historic victory over Oklahoma at the Fiesta Bowl.

Forward now to the present, and these days Clady is auditioning in front of major NFL, scouts, screening interview requests through his agent, and is being projected as one of the top offensive lineman picks in this year’s draft…

The question is: will he end up in Denver, and should they select him.

I took it upon myself to gather a little extra intel for you die-hard insiders, and Mike Shanahan as well.

Josina: You were already a Bronco in college, so what chance do you give yourself to becoming a Bronco in the NFL?

Ryan: I think that’s a good chance, and that would be exciting for me to be a Bronco for the majority of the rest of my career. That would be an easy transition for me.

Josina: So naturally my next question is, have you visited or had any conversations with the Denver Broncos to date?

Ryan: Yeah, I had a visit last Sunday in Denver, and I also had an interview at the Combine with the Broncos.

Josina: Where did you guys meet?

Ryan: We just went up to the facility and checked it out on Sunday. Then on Monday, I talked to the o-line coach; from there I flew out. On Sunday, I also had dinner with coach Shanahan.

Josina: Where did they take you for dinner?

Ryan: Del Frisco’s I believe.

Josina: Did you find Mike Shanahan intimidating?

Ryan: No, he seemed like a great guy. I didn’t see any reason that he would be intimidating. He was real down to earth, and I would love to play for him.

Josina: So what other teams have shown the most interest in you to date? I heard about the Bears and the Panthers already.

Ryan: Yes and also Baltimore I believe…and Kansas City as well.

Josina: Of those teams that you mentioned, which one seems the most enthusiastic to
sign you?

Ryan: I don’t know, possibly you guys, and also Baltimore and Kansas City. I mean, I don’t know what is going to happen.

Josina: Well as I mentioned we had Chris Williams on our air Sunday. He said he doesn't care what NFL scouts say, he feels like he's the best tackle in the draft. So do you beg to differ?

Ryan: Well I feel that obviously I’m the best tackle in the draft. I mean I really like haven’t sat down and looked at any tape of the other tackles. I’ve just seen like a couple highlights here and there, so we’ll just have to find out. My goal is just to play and also to at the end of the day people look back at this draft and say I was the best tackle. So that’s what my goal is right now.

Josina: Keeping on the same theme of comparing you to Chris Williams, should the fact that Williams scored a reported 32 on the wonderlic test, and you a 13, mean anything to an NFL team interested in you?

Ryan: No! I really was a little frustrated because I just came off my injury [and] we did the 225 [bench press] like right before that. So I was kind of a little frustrated at that time; but I think I am bright enough to play and to learn a system very fast. So I don’t think it should mean anything.

Josina: Well some of the chatter on the internet said your test results were from just not studying. Do you feel like you didn’t have enough time to prepare?

Ryan: Yeah a little bit. It’s not something we really focused on when I was training; it was more the 40 and stuff like that. But I think with some studying it definitely would have helped out.

Josina: Well Vince Young reportedly didn’t score so high either, and I think he’s doing okay so far. Anyways, so how do you compare yourself to other o-line prospects like Williams, Jeff Otah, Branden Albert, and Jake Long?

Ryan: I don’t know. I just play physical. From what I have been hearing I have great feet from the scouts and stuff like that. A couple teams I visited said they think I’m the best tackle in the draft –so that’s good to hear. I think just that blue collar mentality that we had over at Boise State is what I am ready to bring to the NFL.

Josina: Well no doubt Chris Williams' edge is the experience and the rapport he already has with Jay Cutler. But I noticed the same year Boise State moved you from right to left tackle the offense finished 2nd in the nation in scoring, and 2nd in the nation in rushing touchdowns. The question is will your protection skills translate at the pro level?

Ryan: Yes definitely! We played some great talent up there at Boise State and I think I am ready for the NFL.

Josina: But they say the knock on you, with Boise’s system, is that it wasn't a pro-style, and that your competition wasn't high enough. Do you think that makes you less adaptable, and what do you have to say to those critics who say that?

Ryan: I think I can adapt to any system. People think we pass all the time, but we actually do run the ball as well. We had like a zone type of system similar to the Broncos, and I think that the WAC has excellent talent. I mean it’s not the best of all the conferences, but I think [it] has excellent talent; and I am ready to transfer that over to the NFL

Stargazer
04-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Awesome! He's not coming here!!!

BOSSHOGG30
04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
I so hope the Chiefs draft him with that 5th overall pick. Leave Chris Williams and Branden Alberts for us to take.

Watchthemiddle
04-23-2008, 07:30 PM
This means nothing.....to me....

:coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for posting it. :)

SmilinAssasSin27
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
blah...

Buff
04-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I so hope the Chiefs draft him with that 5th overall pick. Leave Chris Williams and Branden Alberts for us to take.

That could backfire easily if New England or Baltimore takes a tackle and someone decides they need to move up and grab one before they're gone... I'm hoping the Chiefs take Matt Ryan or the best DE available, and Baltimore & NE go in another direction. If the Chiefs take Clady or Albert at #5, that'll start the run on tackles earlier than we want it to...

But I guess if you're hoping for Jonathan Stewart, everything would be going perfectly :D

underrated29
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I really think we will draft someone we talked to this year, why not right. We have the potential to get one of several great players so lets get the best look we can.

I really dont want clady, and i am really worried we are going to take him. I dont think shanny is doing tons of smoke/mirror, but he did say that he thinks harris is better than clady---ehh just seems like maybe that was said to imply that we wont take him and would look for another player...

I hope he isnt #1 on our board as a RT...

I would love albert, stewart or williams. as yoiu know, but this has me worried a little.

TXBRONC
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
That could backfire easily if New England or Baltimore takes a tackle and someone decides they need to move up and grab one before they're gone... I'm hoping the Chiefs take Matt Ryan or the best DE available, and Baltimore & NE go in another direction. If the Chiefs take Clady or Albert at #5, that'll start the run on tackles earlier than we want it to...

But I guess if you're hoping for Jonathan Stewart, everything would be going perfectly :D

Anything is possible but New England needs to do something about their aging linebacking core. If they pass on Rivers that would be a mistake in my opinion.

honz
04-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Anything is possible but New England needs to do something about their aging linebacking core. If they pass on Rivers that would be a mistake in my opinion.
Yep, they have got to go either LB or CB IMO. Their defense is definitely getting old.

omac
04-23-2008, 09:44 PM

Clady would probably be a serious reach, considering they still have a mid 1st rounder, and an early 2nd rounder if they wanted to pick up an offensive lineman. I think they'll go DT then DE to compensate for losing Allen, and maybe hope that Baker is still around.

tubby
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't mind Clady at all.

r8rh8r
04-23-2008, 10:13 PM
If NO's trades with St. Louis and takes Dorsey, Cincinnati is all that stands in our way in the Sedrick Ellis sweepstakes. Given all their needs, it wouldn't be shocking to see them grab Harvey, Rivers, McKelvin, or even Thomas ahead of him.

DenBronx
04-23-2008, 11:06 PM

clady > williams or alberts

nuff said. :coffee:

DenBronx
04-23-2008, 11:09 PM

im thinking the chiefs will pick matt ryan or dorsey. as for stewart....he will be there. who would reach for him with a top 10 pick? the dude just had toe surgery....i think 12 is reaching. he could easily fall in this years draft. thats why i think if we trade down we could land him and still pick up a decent tackle in round 2 or 3.

Stargazer
04-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Ryan Harris is a complete loser on this board.

I will say it now. Don't be shock if Denver drafts a position that is not OL with the #12 pick.

DenBronx
04-24-2008, 02:23 AM

I will say it now. Don't be shock if Denver drafts a position that is not OL with the #12 pick.

i think shanahan even shocks himself sometimes on draft day. :laugh:

topscribe
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Yes, I don't know . . . I may be all wet, not knowing what I'm talking about.
(That seems to happen often. :tsk: ) But, after viewing scouting reports,
highlights, interviews, etc. Clady seems a bust just waiting to happen. Not
that I necessarily have documentation to back that up . . . just a feeling, for
some reason.

-----

topscribe
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM

If you are calling Harris a loser, I don't know how you can say that. From all
the time he has played OT, I can't say whether he's a superstar, a bust, or
anywhere in between.

I don't know how anybody can. :noidea:

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I think it's amazing that BOSS has been able to change the minds of people here on the message board, regardless of the fact that most teams have Clady as one of their highest rated lineman and a sure fire top fifteen selection.

topscribe
04-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I think it's amazing that BOSS has been able to change the minds of people here on the message board, regardless of the fact that most teams have Clady as one of their highest rated lineman and a sure fire top fifteen selection.

Frankly, I haven't followed Boss's arguments (too much time moderating), but . . .

As I recall, most teams also thought a lot of Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandrich, et al. . . .

-----

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 02:03 PM

I did my job;):D

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Frankly, I haven't followed Boss's arguments (too much time moderating), but . . .

As I recall, most teams also thought a lot of Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandrich, et al. . . .

-----

Their scenarios relate to Clady how? Watching him play, it's easily to see why he's ranked as such a highly touted prospect. Yep, I have concerns about his intelligence, but the kid knows how to play football. There is a reason why Clady is a top fifteen selection. To say that in such a strong tackle class only shows how good he actually is. He has everything you can't teach; and needs to improve on a few things to become elite. He is a great prospect, and by all accounts should be a fantastic pro.

He needs to work on his strength, technique and discipline. Almost all lineman do.

During his last two seasons with the Broncos, Clady registered 224 knockdowns, including 32 touchdown-resulting blocks and 13 downfield blocks, compiling an 84.0% grade for blocking consistency...Penalized 10 times during his last 26 games.

Impressive, even if it's the WAC.

If Clady fell to #12, that'd be a blessing.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 02:10 PM
I did my job;):D

It'll suck on Saturday if we do indeed draft him because coming to these boards will be no easy feat, despite the fact if it was any other team who was looking for an OT -- their fans would be thrilled. Stewart, Williams, Clady -- whoever it is, I'm going to make the best of it. Fans being disappointed in the drafting of Ryan Clady, well -- I won't really go there.

underrated29
04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
It'll suck on Saturday if we do indeed draft him because coming to these boards will be no easy feat, despite the fact if it was any other team who was looking for an OT -- their fans would be thrilled. Stewart, Williams, Clady -- whoever it is, I'm going to make the best of it. Fans being disappointed in the drafting of Ryan Clady, well -- I won't really go there.

i WOULD BE UPSET WITH clady if albert or williams were still on the board. I dont like clady, and not from boss either.

I think clady has way to much lean in his play. I have not seen tons of film on him so it could be just the few shot that i have seen. But when you get caught leaning you are screwed!

It seems that he is rated so high just because of his potential, and not overall performance. If it was performance than maybe he is more mid first rd.

Who knows he could hit his potential and be a pace type player, but he makes me nervous. I wont hate him if we draft him, i will then defend him as any other bronco, but hes not my choice.

LRtagger
04-24-2008, 02:31 PM
I was expecting something more along the lines of

"Ryan Clady want play football for NFL broncos, not more with college Broncos"

"Ryan Clady want block for Jay Cutler"

"Ohhhh a butterfly"

Fan in Exile
04-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm all in favor of getting better at RT we've got to bring someone in to take over from Pears, I don't know if I see Clady doing that for us. Really I have to say that's my number one goal right now. No more Pears at RT. I might be more concerned about Harris but I haven't really seen him play.

underrated29
04-24-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm all in favor of getting better at RT we've got to bring someone in to take over from Pears, I don't know if I see Clady doing that for us. Really I have to say that's my number one goal right now. No more Pears at RT. I might be more concerned about Harris but I haven't really seen him play.

I completely agree. I was thinking about this, and i know its really really far fetched but maybe something like

stewart at 12- big surprise:rolleyes:, but when we trade for robertson we give them both 5ths, and swap 2nds or something, putting us in line for possibly gosder cheriluis if he somehow makes it to rd 2. Or if need be throw in a player- fox- for example to move up to like atl for him...

I still got 2 days left to dream!

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 03:06 PM
I will projectile vomit till I can do nothing but dry heave and piss out blood if we draft Ryan Clady

Skinny
04-24-2008, 03:07 PM
I would'nt be upset with Clady at all. He would fit here like a glove. I would however be upset if Harris or Kuper could'nt beat out Pears at RT. That would be pretty freakin sad IMO. If Pears holds them off, more power to him.

underrated29
04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I completely agree. I was thinking about this, and i know its really really far fetched but maybe something like

stewart at 12- big surprise:rolleyes:, but when we trade for robertson we give them both 5ths, and swap 2nds or something, putting us in line for possibly gosder cheriluis if he somehow makes it to rd 2. Or if need be throw in a player- fox- for example to move up to like atl for him...

I still got 2 days left to dream!

There goes that idea!

topscribe
04-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Their scenarios relate to Clady how?

You didn't get the point? Seriously? :confused:

Yes, the "experts" are usually right on such a prospect, but they aren't
infallible . . . I feel ridiculous having to explain this.

There is a reason why Clady is a top fifteen selection.It's amazing how much I have seen this type of comment here. Yup, there
is a reason Ryan Leaf was considered #1 overall. There is a reason Tom
Brady wasn't drafted until the 6th round. There is a reason everyone stuck
their noses up at Terrell Davis until the 6th round. There is a reason Rod
Smith wasn't even drafted. There is a reason Karl Mecklenburg wasn't
selected until the 12th round, which means he wouldn't even be an
afterthought it a system such as today's. There's a reason why Charles
Rodgers and Johhny "Lam" Jones were thought to be top ten picks.

There is a reason there have been enough busts by all the teams in the
league to even form a list of "top 50 busts," as exists right now (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3325687). They were
"busts" because someone high up in football thought a lot of them at one
time. (I'm sure those selections were not made by self-proclaimed gurus on
football message boards.)

There is also a reason I qualified my comment, saying I had just a feeling,
and that it may very well be wrong. There is a reason that I am feeling just
a little bit irritated by your taking up an argument with me once again, even
though I heavily qualified my comment.

The world is just full of reasons, isn't it? :coffee:

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 05:31 PM
There is also a reason I qualified my comment, saying I had just a feeling, and that it may very well be wrong. There is a reason that I am feeling just a little bit irritated by your taking up an argument with me once again, even though I heavily qualified my comment.

-----

You qualified your comment after the fact; and I was just asking you how the scenario related because I really didn't catch the point. Asking for clarification isn't a bad thing. I'll place more emphasis on the people that have watched Clady play extensively rather than a few people who just have a "hunch" that he'd be a bunch.

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Clady's college statistics, his combine performance, and his film all support that he's a top 10 talent in this year's draft. I think he could slip (a) because his experience base is in a zone blocking system so he'll have a lot to learn on most NFL rosters and (b) because he's weird.

Honestly, was there ever a player who seemed more tailor-made for the Denver Broncos than this guy? He played for the "Broncos" in college, he's almost as weird as Nalen, he's been in the ZBS his whole college career, and he's got freakish athleticism. There is just an air of destiny between this guy and Denver.

I was very turned off by Clady's Wonderlic Score and the guy just gives me the creeps for some reason in interviews, but the more I research this guy, the better I feel about drafting him. He's the only offensive lineman at #12 that won't make me throw my remote at the TV. At least if he doesn't pan out as a tackle, he can be our team mascot.:elefant:

fcspikeit
04-24-2008, 05:52 PM

TSN has him ranked as the #1 OT coming out this year..

fcspikeit
04-24-2008, 06:08 PM
You didn't get the point? Seriously? :confused:

Yes, the "experts" are usually right on such a prospect, but they aren't
infallible . . . I feel ridiculous having to explain this.

It's amazing how much I have seen this type of comment here. Yup, there
is a reason Ryan Leaf was considered #1 overall. There is a reason Tom
Brady wasn't drafted until the 6th round. There is a reason everyone stuck
their noses up at Terrell Davis until the 6th round. There is a reason Rod
Smith wasn't even drafted. There is a reason Karl Mecklenburg wasn't
selected until the 12th round, which means he wouldn't even be an
afterthought it a system such as today's. There's a reason why Charles
Rodgers and Johhny "Lam" Jones were thought to be top ten picks.

There is a reason there have been enough busts by all the teams in the
league to even form a list of "top 50 busts," as exists right now (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3325687). They were
"busts" because someone high up in football thought a lot of them at one
time. (I'm sure those selections were not made by self-proclaimed gurus on
football message boards.)

There is also a reason I qualified my comment, saying I had just a feeling,
and that it may very well be wrong. There is a reason that I am feeling just
a little bit irritated by your taking up an argument with me once again, even
though I heavily qualified my comment.

-----

Does somehow this mean we're not supposed to draft Clady?

I get that its not an exact science, the "experts" have been proven wrong with their top prospects.. But Why Clady? Why not Dorsey, Ellis, Long, Ryan or even Albert? Albert has just came on in the last week or so, players who climb a lot in the last few days leading up to the draft scare me. How can they climb so much when their not even playing? Sounds like draft hype to me.. Hell, at one time the G position was seen as weak with very little talent, now some are saying Albert is so good he can play Tackle, What gives?

I don't love Clady but I wont be upset if we pick him at 12. He could bust or he could be a great starter for 15 years, right now all we and the "experts" have are our opinions, Although I will say, the "experts" have more tools from witch to make an educated guess then we do.

Lonestar
04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
His wonder lick and playing n the WAC have me turned off.

Dumb as a rock, will take for ever to learn mikeys playbook..

Never played against quality Defenses and is a junior.. came out early..

Do not care what the "experts" have to say. hope someone before us gets the guy IMO will be another day one bust for us . certainly not worth our #1 IMO..

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Clady's college statistics, his combine performance, and his film all support that he's a top 10 talent in this year's draft. I think he could slip (a) because his experience base is in a zone blocking system so he'll have a lot to learn on most NFL rosters and (b) because he's weird.

Honestly, was there ever a player who seemed more tailor-made for the Denver Broncos than this guy? He played for the "Broncos" in college, he's almost as weird as Nalen, he's been in the ZBS his whole college career, and he's got freakish athleticism. There is just an air of destiny between this guy and Denver.

I was very turned off by Clady's Wonderlic Score and the guy just gives me the creeps for some reason in interviews, but the more I research this guy, the better I feel about drafting him. He's the only offensive lineman at #12 that won't make me throw my remote at the TV. At least if he doesn't pan out as a tackle, he can be our team mascot.:elefant:

His college statistics weren't that great. He dominated versus weak teams and struggled versus better teams. He gave up 8 sacks last year.... Top 10 picks don't give up that many sacks. He also had multiple games where he struggled with penalties. Top 10 picks don't get that many stupid penalties. His wonderlic score was horrible......it wasn't good at all if you compare him to all the other offensive linemen.

Everyone looks at him and sees a big guy, but he struggles versus the bull rush, lacks lower body strength, and he plays up on his heels too much. He is going to get pushed back too often. He isn't know to be a hard worker and doesn't put up great numbers in the weight room. He has too many mental lapses and can get frustrated too easily. He bites too often on double moves and is too slow to recover. He opens his hips too much and allows opposing defenders too slip under him.

Everyone thinks this guy is a LT in the NFL.. but I don't see it at all. He is a lot better off playing RT in the NFL.

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
His college statistics weren't that great. He dominated versus weak teams and struggled versus better teams. He gave up 8 sacks last year.... Top 10 picks don't give up sacks. He also had multiple games where he struggled with penalties. Top 10 picks don't get that many stupid penalties. His wonderlic score was horrible......it wasn't good at all if you compare him to all the other offensive linemen.

Everyone looks at him and sees a big guy, but he struggles versus the bull rush, lacks lower body strength, and he plays up on his heels too much. He is going to get pushed back too often. He isn't know to be a hard worker and doesn't put up great numbers in the weight room. He has too many mental lapses and can get frustrated too easily. He bites too often on double moves and is too slow to recover. He opens his hips too much and allows opposing defenders too slip under him.

Everyone thinks this guy is a LT in the NFL.. but I don't see it at all. He is a lot better off playing RT in the NFL.

Boss, I don't agree with you on this one. Clady had one game last year that he got flagged 4 times. He was penalized 6 times all year (5 false starts, 1 holding). He also allowed 3.5 sacks not 8. You have bad data.

He also produced 122 knockdowns and 21 touchdown-producing blocks. His blocking efficiency rating in college was 85.7%.

fcspikeit
04-24-2008, 06:19 PM
His college statistics weren't that great. He dominated versus weak teams and struggled versus better teams. He gave up 8 sacks last year.... Top 10 picks don't give up that many sacks. He also had multiple games where he struggled with penalties. Top 10 picks don't get that many stupid penalties. His wonderlic score was horrible......it wasn't good at all if you compare him to all the other offensive linemen.

How are all the guys studying the coaches tape not seeing this?

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Boss, I don't agree with you on this one. Clady had one game last year that he got flagged 4 times. He was penalized 6 times all year (5 false starts, 1 holding). He also allowed 3.5 sacks not 8. You have bad data.

He also produced 122 knockdowns and 21 touchdown-producing blocks. His blocking efficiency rating in college was 85.7%.

He gave up 3.5 sacks in one game last year

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
He gave up 3.5 sacks in one game last year

No, he gave up 3.5 sacks for 23 yards all season. I think our source is the same, you're just not reading it correctly.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Just curious how many games (outside of BOSS) the people dissing Clady actually saw?

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 06:27 PM
No, he gave up 3.5 sacks for 23 yards all season. I think our source is the same, you're just not reading it correctly.

Your right... my bad

Clady gave up his sacks to C.J. Wilson, Jon Fonoti, Tyler Clutts, and the half to Greyson Gunheim.

Great DE talent... I can see why he is a top 10 pick now.

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 06:34 PM
a 13 for an OL prospect is alarming

I'm pretty sure that Clady will face better DE's than C.J. Wilson, Jon Fonoti, Tyler Clutts, and Greyson Gunheim in the NFL. I know Jared Allen is gone, but still..........

You want this guy playing LT, the most important position on our line protecting our franchise QB?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
So, it was really only 3.5 sacks all year long instead of in one game? Makes a lot more sense. Well, there went that argument against Clady. :laugh:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Never played against quality Defenses and is a junior.. came out early..

Has more starts than Otah, Williams and the same as Albert. In reality, does it matter what "defenses" he played, how about the one on one match-ups and how often he beat the competition?

Do not care what the "experts" have to say. hope someone before us gets the guy IMO will be another day one bust for us . certainly not worth our #1 IMO..

Why don't their opinions matter? The lowest I've seen Clady go is #18 in some mocks to the Texans. If he fell that far, that'd be grand larceny. There's a reason why almost everyone thinks he's a great offensive tackle.

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 06:50 PM
So, it was really only 3.5 sacks all year long instead of in one game? Makes a lot more sense. Well, there went that argument against Clady. :laugh:

3.5 sacks isn't great when you play in a weak conference and only play 13 games.

Weber State
Washington, Greyson Gunheim got a 1/2 sack in this game on Clady plus he had 4 penalties in this game
Wyoming
Southern Miss
New Mexico State
Nevada
Louisiana Tech
Fresno State, Tyler Clutts got a sack in this game on Clady
San Jose State
Utah State
Idaho
Hawaii, Jon Fonoti got a sack in this game on Clady
East Carolina, C.J. Wilson got a sack in this game on Clady

So basically he did good versus the crappy teams

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 06:52 PM
So basically he did good versus the crappy teams

By those standards, you shouldn't like any small school players in this draft. Gotcha.

topscribe
04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Does somehow this mean we're not supposed to draft Clady?

I get that its not an exact science, the "experts" have been proven wrong with their top prospects.. But Why Clady? Why not Dorsey, Ellis, Long, Ryan or even Albert? Albert has just came on in the last week or so, players who climb a lot in the last few days leading up to the draft scare me. How can they climb so much when their not even playing? Sounds like draft hype to me.. Hell, at one time the G position was seen as weak with very little talent, now some are saying Albert is so good he can play Tackle, What gives?

I don't love Clady but I wont be upset if we pick him at 12. He could bust or he could be a great starter for 15 years, right now all we and the "experts" have are our opinions, Although I will say, the "experts" have more tools from witch to make an educated guess then we do.

I'm sorry I said anything. I only said I had a feeling about it and admitted
very, very, very clearly that I didn't really know what I was talking about.
I didn't intend for it to result in controversy.

Next time, I just won't say anything at all.

-----

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Teams Clady did good against in 07:

I-AA Weber State 5-6
Wyoming 5-7
Southern Miss 7-6
New Mexico State 4-9
Nevada 6-7
Louisiana Tech 5-7
San Jose State 5-7
Utah State 2-10
Idaho 1-11

Lonestar
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM

I-AA Weber State 5-6
Wyoming 5-7
Southern Miss 7-6
New Mexico State 4-9
Nevada 6-7
Louisiana Tech 5-7
San Jose State 5-7
Utah State 2-10
Idaho 1-11

wonder where the OAK raiders fall on this scale?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 06:59 PM

I-AA Weber State 5-6
Wyoming 5-7
Southern Miss 7-6
New Mexico State 4-9
Nevada 6-7
Louisiana Tech 5-7
San Jose State 5-7
Utah State 2-10
Idaho 1-11

So, what about the talent levels of the lower ranked college players you're touting in your signature? Do we hold that against them as well?

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
By those standards, you shouldn't like any small school players in this draft. Gotcha.

Yeah, exactly what I said. :tsk:

I'm saying that he isn't a top 10 pick and that he is highly over-rated and I prove he struggled with good teams and dominated versus really weak teams. Look at the games... he is not as good as everyone leads him on to be. I would never pick a guy like him in the top 10...ever... 2nd round then you are talking... but top 10? you are investing a lot in a guy who is basically unproven and scored horrible on the woderlic when you can get a guy like Chris Williams who not only gave up less sacks in a way tougher conference but shows he is just as athletic and way smarter. Just doesn't make since to call Clady a top 10 talent. Everyone wants to pretend the games against good teams means nothing.

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 07:04 PM
So, what about the talent levels of the lower ranked college players you're touting in your signature? Do we hold that against them as well?

Am I saying draft any of these guys with the #12 overall pick? NO! Stop being ignorant. All I'm stating is my opinion on Clady and I don't think it is that hard to comprehend. He is a huge risk! HUGE.......... that is all i'm saying... horrible gamble for a team that needs help on the O-line. You are much better off taking Chris Williams, Branden Alberts, and Jeff Otah.

If we already had a great OT...you can afford to take the gamble... by all means go for Clady and see what you can get... but no way I go after him when we only have two true tackles on our current roster.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm saying that he isn't a top 10 pick and that he is highly over-rated

Almost every NFL team, scout and draft expert disagrees with you.

and I prove he struggled with good teams and dominated versus really weak teams.

You also lied about how many sacks he gave up over the course of the year. I'd sure hope when you watch offensive lineman play, you're looking at the talent they're playing opposite against (say a defensive end or a defensive tackle) instead of the team as a whole. So what if Clady played against weaker teams? There were some pretty good college ball players he faced opposite of him and won most all the time.

Look at the games... he is not as good as everyone leads him on to be.

Oh really? That's why he's ranked as a consensus top fifteen selection in this draft, and depending on the source is viewed as the best pure left tackle in the draft? Interesting. It seems like out of the 100 people polled in the room who think Clady is a good prospect, you're the only one -- or one of the few who is saying "He's not a good prospect."

I would never pick a guy like him in the top 10...ever... 2nd round then you are talking... but top 10?

Denver's not picking in the top ten. Moot point.

you are investing a lot in a guy who is basically unproven and scored horrible on the woderlic when you can get a guy like Chris Williams who not only gave up less sacks in a way tougher conference but shows he is just as athletic and way smarter.

Clady has more experience that Williams does, despite being a redshirted junior. More games started, better workout numbers. Now, that's not taking anything against Williams (Who Big Guy and I were talking about well over half a year ago before anyone ever brought him up here; and are only hanging on his jock because he played with Jay, and actually haven't watched him play.) -- I'm just saying.

Just doesn't make since to call Clady a top 10 talent. Everyone wants to pretend the games against good teams means nothing.

How doesn't it make sense? You've came up with a ridiculous vendetta against a player by (A) Knocking the competition level he played at, without actually looking at the people who were playing across from him and (B) Lying about the defensive end success rate against him and his sacks allowed.

By that flawed logic, no mid-conference or small school player should ever have a shot at being a top pick in the NFL; regardless of how talented they are. I bet you just hated Joe Staley last year.

I just find it ironic. You always talk up small school players, yet down this one because you have different preferences.

Lonestar
04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, exactly what I said. :tsk:

I'm saying that he isn't a top 10 pick and that he is highly over-rated and I prove he struggled with good teams and dominated versus really weak teams. Look at the games... he is not as good as everyone leads him on to be. I would never pick a guy like him in the top 10...ever... 2nd round then you are talking... but top 10? you are investing a lot in a guy who is basically unproven and scored horrible on the woderlic when you can get a guy like Chris Williams who not only gave up less sacks in a way tougher conference but shows he is just as athletic and way smarter. Just doesn't make since to call Clady a top 10 talent. Everyone wants to pretend the games against good teams means nothing.

Am I saying draft any of these guys with the #12 overall pick? NO! Stop being ignorant. All I'm stating is my opinion on Clady and I don't think it is that hard to comprehend. He is a huge risk! HUGE.......... that is all i'm saying... horrible gamble for a team that needs help on the O-line. You are much better off taking Chris Williams, Branden Alberts, and Jeff Otah.

If we already had a great OT...you can afford to take the gamble... by all means go for Clady and see what you can get... but no way I go after him when we only have two true tackles on our current roster.

BUT, BUT, BUT Boss he has potential.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Uh, why is he a risk? Level of competition and a Wonderlic score? Have to give better analysis than that.

Let me be the first to say that Ryan Clady has more experience at tackle and has started more games than anyone else up there that you mentioned. Albert and Clady played the same amount of games (starts) -- but it's obvious who played more at left tackle.

If we had a great offensive tackle, we wouldn't be looking to pick one up. Clady is no more of a risk at #12 than Christopher Williams, Jeff Otah or Brandon Albert are. The draft is full of risks and gambles, to say that Clady is more of a risk based on playing in the WAC and his Wonderlic score has to be about one of the most short sighted reasons for docking a players grade that I've ever read in my time following the draft.

I just feel sorry for those who've bought into the "Clady isn't worth #12" diatribe when he most certainly is.

Now, those are the opinions of people who actually get to meet Clady, see him in person, personally work him out and actually order hours of footage of game film from the respective university in which he played. Unless you have those sort of credentials, and are able to get those means of access (taping games on ESPN doesn't constitute as film study) -- I don't see the holistic approach here. The coaches have it. The GM's have it. The professional scouting teams have it. None of us here do. That's why I'm going to believe them. When everyone's saying that Ryan Clady is a lock for the top fifteen selections, there's a reason for it.

He transitions well to the NFL; regardless of how he scored on his Wonderlic or where he played his college ball. It's the same reason that other small school players like Rodgers-Cromartie and McKelvin are rated so highly as well. They impressed on tape when the games mattered and have fantastic physical abilities which bode well for them in the NFL. Regardless of where they played, these kids are going very high in the draft -- and for good reasons.

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 07:14 PM

I-AA Weber State 5-6
Wyoming 5-7
Southern Miss 7-6
New Mexico State 4-9
Nevada 6-7
Louisiana Tech 5-7
San Jose State 5-7
Utah State 2-10
Idaho 1-11

I would find this alarming if his physical ability wasn't corroborated by his combine numbers. He's built for the NFL and he's got enviable athleticism. 24 reps on the bench press is solid for a guy who displayed the agility that Clady did. 26.8 reps was average at the event. No one has the agility that Clady possesses in this year's draft (at tackle) and no one is as Denver-ready as Clady.

I still have Mendenhall at the top of draft sheet. All I'm saying is that Clady should be right below Jake Long as far as LT"s in this year's draft. We could do a lot worse at 12.

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Almost every NFL team, scout and draft expert disagrees with you..

So what...... I'm not afraid to form my own opinions and post them. I don't need someone to tell me what I've seen with my own eyes. I also don't buy into hype.

You also lied about how many sacks he gave up over the course of the year. I'd sure hope when you watch offensive lineman play, you're looking at the talent they're playing opposite against (say a defensive end or a defensive tackle) instead of the team as a whole. So what if Clady played against weaker teams? There were some pretty good college ball players he faced opposite of him and won most all the time.

I miss read something and I appologize for my mistake... you can flip back a few pages and see for yourself. I could of sworn I read that Clady game up 3.5 sacks in one game. I also found a post that someone else posted saying that he gave up 8 sacks, but it was a career total not a season total. As for the people lined up across from him... seriously how many of those guys do you consider NFL talent? Please fill free to post a list and we will see how many get drafted.

Oh really? That's why he's ranked as a consensus top fifteen selection in this draft, and depending on the source is viewed as the best pure left tackle in the draft? Interesting. It seems like out of the 100 people polled in the room who think Clady is a good prospect, you're the only one -- or one of the few who is saying "He's not a good prospect.".

Again, I form my own opinion, I don't by into hype.

Denver's not picking in the top ten. Moot point.

JMO... Clady isn't worth Denver's time

Clady has more experience that Williams does, despite being a redshirted junior. More games started, better workout numbers. Now, that's not taking anything against Williams (Who Big Guy and I were talking about well over half a year ago before anyone ever brought him up here; and are only hanging on his jock because he played with Jay, and actually haven't watched him play.) -- I'm just saying.

At LT? doubt it....... Clady started at RT how many years did he play LT? Also, I would be bound to say that Williams has more quality game experience to what Clady has faced. Clady is lucky if he plays 4 quality opponents a year.

How doesn't it make sense? You've came up with a ridiculous vendetta against a player by (A) Knocking the competition level he played at, without actually looking at the people who were playing across from him and (B) Lying about the defensive end success rate against him and his sacks allowed.

By that flawed logic, no mid-conference or small school player should ever have a shot at being a top pick in the NFL; regardless of how talented they are. I bet you just hated Joe Staley last year.

I just find it ironic. You always talk up small school players, yet down this one because you have different preferences.

I love how you would like to call me out as a liar. I also like how you put words in my mouth. If a guy can actually dominate the opponents he faces and he plays for a small school, by all means he has earned the right to be drafted high, but I've failed to see where Clady has done anything to be justified a elite LT besides what everyone thinks is raw potential and hopes they can mold him into what his size and quickness projects that he can become.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Speaking about athleticism, he had more reps at the combine than Otah, Albert and Williams. Heck, even his short shuttle was better and was 0.03 behind Albert for tops amongst the players we're discussing.

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
I would find this alarming if his physical ability wasn't corroborated by his combine numbers. He's built for the NFL and he's got enviable athleticism. 24 reps on the bench press is solid for a guy who displayed the agility that Clady did. 26.8 reps was average at the event. No one has the agility that Clady possesses in this year's draft (at tackle) and no one is as Denver-ready as Clady.

I still have Mendenhall at the top of draft sheet. All I'm saying is that Clady should be right below Jake Long as far as LT"s in this year's draft. We could do a lot worse at 12.

You can't just go by combine numbers........ If you do that Kuper would blow Clady out of the water.

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Speaking about athleticism, he had more reps at the combine than Otah, Albert and Williams. Heck, even his short shuttle was better and was 0.03 behind Albert for tops amongst the players we're discussing.

So by this theory we should only draft guys who do good at the combine...well in Clady case... Pro days/Combine

BOSSHOGG30
04-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Dream you really wanted RB Chris Henry last year didn't you.......combine warrior

struggled at times in college , but the potential.... oh my to much to pass up.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
So what...... I'm not afraid to form my own opinions and post them. I don't need someone to tell me what I've seen with my own eyes. I also don't buy into hype.

There's a difference between watching actual film and watching highlight reels and games on ESPN, JFYI.

I miss read something and I appologize for my mistake... you can flip back a few pages and see for yourself. I could of sworn I read that Clady game up 3.5 sacks in one game. I also found a post that someone else posted saying that he gave up 8 sacks, but it was a career total not a season total. As for the people lined up across from him... seriously how many of those guys do you consider NFL talent? Please fill free to post a list and we will see how many get drafted.

The problem is you've been passing it off as truth for months now. On the players he played against, not all of them are eligible for the draft, and I'm not going to go through the dozens upon dozens of players he's faced his career, find out where they were drafted, if they were drafted, how they did in the NFL, etc. just to suit your needs. That's a project you can take up if you're more than willing -- my point was showing the short-sightedness upon your analysis of talent level in respect to Clady's competition.

Again, I form my own opinion, I don't by into hype.

It's not hype when he's a consensus top fifteen selection.

JMO... Clady isn't worth Denver's time

Obviously the Broncos disagree with you, considering they used one of their few visits to sit down with him, work him out and treat him to dinner.

At LT? doubt it....... Clady started at RT how many years did he play LT? Also, I would be bound to say that Williams has more quality game experience to what Clady has faced. Clady is lucky if he plays 4 quality opponents a year.

Games started is games started, regardless of where you played. I hope you're aware that Williams played guard before he switched to tackle his final two years. I hope you're also aware that Clady has three years of experience at tackle, two at left. He has more experience at the tackle position (left) than any of the players that you mentioned. [Fact.]

I love how you would like to call me out as a liar. I also like how you put words in my mouth. If a guy can actually dominate the opponents he faces and he plays for a small school, by all means he has earned the right to be drafted high, but I've failed to see where Clady has done anything to be justified a elite LT besides what everyone thinks is raw potential and hopes they can mold him into what his size and quickness projects that he can become.

I said you lied about the sacks he gave up. Let's not play semantics here.

Clady had what, 37 starts at tackle in his collegiate career and gave up 8 sacks? What's that, a little less or more than four a season in the NFL? Sounds good to me. Now, that's entirely short-sighted for a reason, but I'd like to think that giving up a couple of sacks a year isn't that big of a deal when evaluating a player. Nobody is perfect.

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
You can't just go by combine numbers........ If you do that Kuper would blow Clady out of the water.

This was a rebuttal to your assertion that he "didn't play anyone." I'm not going on combine numbers alone. His college statistics are spectacular and he looks great on film. I'm not arguing that he had a tougher schedule than Williams, but Williams is an inferior athlete. Smarter and more polished he may be, but he's not a better fit for our system and he's not as athletic as Clady. The rest I leave up to Shanahan. If it were me, I'd think about Clady at 12, Williams wouldn't even be on my radar unless I traded down.

You can't criticize the only suspect piece of information you have on Clady and then be dismissive of his combine numbers. Isn't that a bit self serving? If you are trying to tell me that Clady isn't a rare athletic specimen, you need to watch more tape. If you are trying to tell me that you think he's dumb and that he's weird, I tend to agree with you.

Williams played Guard when Cutler was at Vanderbilt, not tackle. So he never "protected Cutler's blind side" as many have asserted. He's not a 12th pick, period.

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Dream:

Williams played 9 games at Guard in 2006.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:30 PM
So by this theory we should only draft guys who do good at the combine...well in Clady case... Pro days/Combine

Nope, that's not what I said at all. I was just saying that Clady did better than the three other players you stated were better alternatives than him at #12 overall as far as workout numbers go. As far as their play goes, I'm going to be completely honest and say I don't (A) Have official tape on any four of those players to compare them head to head [nobody here does] and (B) Won't pretend that I actually do, and sit down and watched every single play they did this season. I wish I had the methods and resources to make an honest, holistic approach to the draft -- but I don't.

Dream you really wanted RB Chris Henry last year didn't you.......combine warrior

struggled at times in college , but the potential.... oh my to much to pass up.

You must have me confused for someone else, because I spoke adamantly and vehemently against Chris Henry last year. There was only one player I hated more than Chris Henry last year and that was Adam Carriker, otherwise known as Adam Erroriker on other forums.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Dream:

Williams played 9 games at Guard in 2006.

I wasn't sure to the extent, but that's why I brought up that Clady had more tackle experience than the alternatives that were mentioned. This statistic just further reinforces that belief. Thanks man!

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Chris Henry's a stud. What's not to like about him? I'd trade a 2nd round pick for that guy right now.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Chris Henry's a stud. What's not to like about him? I'd trade a 2nd round pick for that guy right now.

Are you serious, man?

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Wait I'm wrong on that Williams stat. He started 21 games at left tackle which means he played 10 games at LT in 2006. Sorry I misspoke. Damn Boss, its contagious!

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Are you serious, man?

We're talking about the RB from Arizona? The Chris Henry that's all over the news didn't come out of last year's draft.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-24-2008, 07:35 PM
We're talking about the RB from Arizona? The Chris Henry that's all over the news didn't come out of last year's draft.

Yeah dude, that guy! Mike Bell's former teammate.

r8rh8r
04-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah dude, that guy! Mike Bell's former teammate.

He's sick. He'll be the featured back in Tennessee by the end of this year. Awesome, awesome back. I saw him play a lot last year. That guy is exactly what Denver needs. Prototypical size, mean streake, second gear, gym rat, he's a complete package.

fcspikeit
04-25-2008, 06:36 PM

Considering the Broncos QB, only giving up 3.5 sacks is great. He held on to the ball way to long.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Ryan Clady was born to lead [block], not to read.

Buff
04-25-2008, 07:58 PM
I will projectile vomit till I can do nothing but dry heave and piss out blood if we draft Ryan Clady

Yeah, franchise tackles suck. 1st round Running Backs are great investments.

Scarface
04-26-2008, 05:08 PM
We did the right thing. We're taking care of Cutler. Now take Ray Rice in Rd2 if Dan Connor is off the board.

tubby
04-26-2008, 05:16 PM
He's sick. He'll be the featured back in Tennessee by the end of this year. Awesome, awesome back. I saw him play a lot last year. That guy is exactly what Denver needs. Prototypical size, mean streake, second gear, gym rat, he's a complete package.

Makes ya wonder why they took Chris Johnson huh?

:heh:

I had to. :beer:

Lonestar
04-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Have been watching and not posting.

here is my give on our first

Foster come to mind? This clown is a 2-3 year project.. If I heard correctly he played basketball and DLINE till college.. another DAFT by mikey IMO..

You just do not waste #1's on projects, that is unless your truly are rebuilding and do not expect him to start for 2 years..

Williams or Albert should have been the pick IMO..

Requiem / The Dagda
04-26-2008, 07:15 PM
He's not a project JR, get it through your head. Seriously. Stop hating on Shanahan at any turn.

How many times did you see Clady or Royal play? Probably less than five times combined.

Bronco9798
04-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Have been watching and not posting.

here is my give on our first

Foster come to mind? This clown is a 2-3 year project.. If I heard correctly he played basketball and DLINE till college.. another DAFT by mikey IMO..

You just do not waste #1's on projects, that is unless your truly are rebuilding and do not expect him to start for 2 years..

Williams or Albert should have been the pick IMO..

Clady was a great pick. It really didn't matter which OT you picked here, they all have that learning curve from college to the NFL. Clady was the right pick here in my opinion. I like the pick. He's a natural left tackle and can succeed in our system. He needs some technique work and once he gets it down, he will do well. I thought it was a great pick. I was hoping for Clady the last two months. We move Harris to the right side and Clady will get plenty of opportunities this year.

Bronco9798
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Great news from Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan - first round choice OT Ryan Clady has already locked up the left tackle position. It’s his to lose.

“He’ll start at left offensive tackle the day he comes in,” Mike Shanahan said Saturday. “Pretty simple, wasn’t it?”

“The thing that impresses you is his feet. I haven’t been around a tackle that has that type of feet. . . . He’s got excellent, excellent feet. You don’t find that very often.”

Atypical for the Denver Broncos offense - usually, drafted offensive linemen sit the bench a year to learn the nuances of the zone blocking system. I’ve said many times though that if the Broncos take Clady, he could break the mold because of his experience in a zone blocking system, and his terrific footwork.

What does this mean for incumbent linemen Chris Kuper, Ryan Harris, and Erik Pears?

“We are going to have some competition with guys like Ryan Harris, who can play either way. Ryan might be on the other side competing with Erik and Kuper.”

Shanahan said that Clady was the Broncos second rated tackle behind Jake Long, and that he expected the Boise State product to be selected between 5 and 8.

“It’s hard to get people in the later rounds and expect them to come in and play. Every once in a while you get lucky . . . but to get a guy like this, who we had as the top tackle after Long, we felt pretty lucky he was there.”

Lonestar
04-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Great news from Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan - first round choice OT Ryan Clady has already locked up the left tackle position. It’s his to lose.

“He’ll start at left offensive tackle the day he comes in,” Mike Shanahan said Saturday. “Pretty simple, wasn’t it?”

“The thing that impresses you is his feet. I haven’t been around a tackle that has that type of feet. . . . He’s got excellent, excellent feet. You don’t find that very often.”

Atypical for the Denver Broncos offense - usually, drafted offensive linemen sit the bench a year to learn the nuances of the zone blocking system. I’ve said many times though that if the Broncos take Clady, he could break the mold because of his experience in a zone blocking system, and his terrific footwork.

What does this mean for incumbent linemen Chris Kuper, Ryan Harris, and Erik Pears?

“We are going to have some competition with guys like Ryan Harris, who can play either way. Ryan might be on the other side competing with Erik and Kuper.”

Shanahan said that Clady was the Broncos second rated tackle behind Jake Long, and that he expected the Boise State product to be selected between 5 and 8.

“It’s hard to get people in the later rounds and expect them to come in and play. Every once in a while you get lucky . . . but to get a guy like this, who we had as the top tackle after Long, we felt pretty lucky he was there.”

Said the same crap about foster on DAFT day..

Lets hope he got it right this time..

the only reason he was there was that Dorsey fell to KC what a cluster **** that is going to be..

topscribe
04-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Said the same crap about foster on DAFT day..

Lets hope he got it right this time..

the only reason he was there was that Dorsey fell to KC what a cluster **** that is going to be..

I can remember what was said about Steve Tensi's terrific arm when he came
to the Broncos. Well, you are old enough to know what happened to Steve
Tensi.

Then came Elway. Same old story. Great arm.

Same old story . . . :coffee:

-----

Lonestar
04-27-2008, 12:51 AM
I can remember what was said about Steve Tensi's terrific arm when he came
to the Broncos. Well, you are old enough to know what happened to Steve
Tensi.

Then came Elway. Same old story. Great arm.

Same old story . . . :coffee:

-----

tensi used to flinch when they hiked the ball to him.. Cause he knew what was coming and then of course he was unable to get away from the rush cause he was "slow afoot". In the stands I flinched when he snapped the ball cause he was getting creamed more often than not..

BTW it was not mikey saying the same old "great feet" bullshit, then.