PDA

View Full Version : Kiper's mock - Rnds 1-4 Denver Broncos

nevcraw
04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=5080622&addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

Denver Broncos
Top needs: C/G, ILB, WR, RB, TE, P
First round (11): S Earl Thomas
Second round (43, 45): S. Major Wright or S Nate Allen, WR Brandon LaFell
Third round (80): TE Aaron Hernandez
Fourth round (114): G Shawn Lauvao
Summary: Now that Denver has moved Brandon Marshall, the need for a player like Dez Bryant is bigger. That said, I have to predict based on the current order is, and I have a suspicion the Broncos would have to trade up for Bryant. Given the current order, safety isn't the top need for the Broncos, but Brian Dawkins can't play forever, and Thomas might have the best football instincts of any player in the draft. He simply blankets the football field with his combination of speed and anticipation. After that, the Broncos find a pair of big targets in LaFell and Hernandez. The tight end out of Florida has great run-after-catch skills but is more in the Shannon Sharpe mold. He's not going to do much in the blocking game. Lauvao makes sense in the fourth. Guards just don't go that high. (Ed's Note: Mel didn't want to re-shuffle all four rounds based on the Marshall trade, so we have his prediction of Allen or Wright in Round 2 if the team does in fact land Bryant in Round 1.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

broncobryce
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
I hope Dez Bryant is not gone! The f'n Jags better not snatch him up.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I hope Dez Bryant is not gone! The f'n Jags better not snatch him up.

I read an article that someone posted over on mania that said that the Jags and Browns have taken him off of their boards because of his character concerns. So no, I doubt the Jags take him. Tebow will be their pick. It's just too good for them to pass up - hometown high school/college ball hero in the middle of Gator country? Too good to be true. If the Jags draft Tebow, they'll probably sell out all of their games and they'll make an ass ton of cash selling his Jersey.

I'm not kidding.

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Even though Hernandez is one of my favorite prospects Im shaking my head as to why Denver would draft him having Graham, Quinn, and Scheffler still on the roster.

Lancane
04-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Kiper (the illegitimate son of Frankie Avalon) is about as knowledgeable as Bucky 'The Crackhead' Brooks when it comes to Denver, our needs and the draft.

You'd be better to base draft picks off fortune cookies.

Lancane
04-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Even though Hernandez is one of my favorite prospects Im shaking my head as to why Denver would draft him having Graham, Quinn, and Scheffler still on the roster.

Because we're getting ready to trade Scheffler and we have no other receiving tight ends.

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Hopefully Bryant is gone. We have other needs. I want a good line on both sides of the ball intact when we get a new HC in 2 years.

getlynched47
04-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Kiper's an effin queer.

Here's a much better one:

1- WR Dez Bryant

2- DL Tyson Alualu

2- C Matt Tennant

3- ILB Brandon Spikes

4- RB Ben Tate

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I like Major Wright so much, but there's no need to draft a safety in the first 3 rounds after we invested two draft picks at safety last season.

nevcraw
04-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Kiper (the illegitimate son of Frankie Avalon) is about as knowledgeable as Bucky 'The Crackhead' Brooks when it comes to Denver, our needs and the draft.

You'd be better to base draft picks off fortune cookies.

feel free to stick to the forum sword fight if not up to your standards.. :lol:

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
People think Bruton is going to become anything else in this league aside from a special teams ace?

Mcbath is straight but Denver needs a safety to pair up with him for the next decade.

Im fine with drafting Berry, or Thomas at 11 or draft Chad Jones/Major Wright later in the first 3 rounds but Im one of the very few who does think Safety is a legit need.

topscribe
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I never figured Kiper for a blithering idiot . . .

Until now . . .

-----

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Because we're getting ready to trade Scheffler and we have no other receiving tight ends.

You think Quinn was drafted in the 2nd round just because he was a great blocking TE

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:05 PM

Because he is better than all 3. He has the ability that Sharpe had to pose a serious threat in the secondary.

claymore
04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
You think Quinn was drafted in the 2nd round just because he was a great blocking TE

I dont think anyone really understands why Quinn was drafted.

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Kiper's an effin queer.

1- WR Dez Bryant

2- DL Tyson Alualu

2- C Matt Tennant

3- ILB Brandon Spikes

4- RB Ben Tate

I like Major Wright so much, but there's no need to draft a safety in the first 3 rounds after we invested two draft picks at safety last season.

I could live with that.

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Because he is better than all 3. He has the ability that Sharpe had to pose a serious threat in the secondary.

I think you are overlooking Graham's talent as an overall tight end saying a college h-back is already better then him.

nevcraw
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM

I'm sure it was the super great hands he displayed in all of 5 of his college career catches.

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
I think you are overlooking Graham's talent as an overall tight end saying a college h-back is already better then him.

Not really. Graham is good but not great. I think Hernandez has the ability to be a true downfield threat that Sharpe was. Sheffler had some of that ability but obviously injuries has plagued him as well as his want and desire not to be here. Even when the messiah Cutler was here he never really utilized Graham all that much and instead focused on Sheffler who is a better receiving TE than Graham. But Graham is better at blocking than Sheff and Quinn is mainly just a blocking TE.

claymore
04-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm sure it was the super great hands he displayed in all of 5 of his college career catches.

They're on youtube. Effin sweet catches. I watched them all.

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:12 PM

Hey now... It was 12!

Nomad
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Hopefully Bryant is gone. We have other needs. I want a good line on both sides of the ball intact when we get a new HC in 2 years.

:lol: I can see you doing your nighttime prayers with your kids with them repeating, "And dear Almighty God please make Josh McDaniels get lost and never find his way back to Denver!!":D

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Not really. Graham is good but not great. I think Hernandez has the ability to be a true downfield threat that Sharpe was. Sheffler had some of that ability but obviously injuries has plagued him as well as his want and desire not to be here. Even when the messiah Cutler was here he never really utilized Graham all that much and instead focused on Sheffler who is a better receiving TE than Graham. But Graham is better at blocking than Sheff and Quinn is mainly just a blocking TE.

Hernandez is a beast after the catch and has the ball skills to go up and get it I just have concerns on how well he can get off the line with his hands on the ground. Majority of the time at college he was taking snaps in motion not being bumped, he wont have that privelidge in the NFL. Not to mention his inline blocking ability which is below average. Youre right about his play making ability though, there isnt a TE in this class that comes close to the recieving skills Hernandez has If we took a chance on him i wouldnt be upset just more confused as to what Mcdaniels is doing.

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Hernandez is a beast after the catch and has the ball skills to go up and get it I just have concerns on how well he can get off the line with his hands on the ground. Majority of the time at college he was taking snaps in motion not being bumped, he wont have that privelidge in the NFL. Not to mention his inline blocking ability which is below average. Youre right about his play making ability though, there isnt a TE in this class that comes close to the recieving skills Hernandez has If we took a chance on him i wouldnt be upset just more confused as to what Mcdaniels is doing.

All true but i think between Graham, Him, and Quinn they should be able to find packages that suit all of them. Hern would probably be at his best when trying to spread the field or find mismatches in the secondary. Graham and Quinn would probably be best suited for running plays and goalline situations.

DenBronx
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Kiper's an effin queer.

1- WR Dez Bryant

2- DL Tyson Alualu

2- C Matt Tennant

3- ILB Brandon Spikes

4- RB Ben Tate

i'd be happy with that.

we could also trade back up into the late first if someone fell. we have 4 second rounders in two years so my suspisions are that we will be ready to pull the trigger if a guy like mcclain, mays or a good dt falls.

dogfish
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
that would be a truly awful draft. . . :lol:

topscribe
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
that would be a truly awful draft. . . :lol:

:nod:

-----

gobroncsnv
04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Amazing to me how so many want to build a team backwards... go upfront and inside out FIRST... get a line that can block long enough for ANY receiver to get open, and get a Dline/front 7 that prevents allowing enough time for even the BEST of the opponent's receivers to get open.