PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Lets trade Jabar Gaffney, and Kyle Orton for Jason Campbell. If the Redskins balk we can throw in Josh McDaniels to learn some offene froim Kyle Shanahan!

Go Broncos!!!!!!

:salute:

HORSEPOWER 56
04-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Lets trade Jabar Gaffney, and Kyle Orton for Jason Campbell. If the Redskins balk we can throw in Josh McDaniels to learn some offene froim Kyle Shanahan!

Go Broncos!!!!!!

BADASS!!! Love it! Make it happen, Clay!

Lancane
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM

Go Broncos!!!!!!

Hell no...we need to trade Orton to Oakland, and no one in their right mind would trade for Jabar Gaffney, he's about as unwanted as T.O. at this time.

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Hell no...we need to trade Orton to Oakland, and no one in their right mind would trade for Jabar Gaffney, he's about as unwanted as T.O. at this time.

Oakland already has better QB's than we do. No way TO is less valuable than Gaffknee.

Lancane
04-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Oakland already has better QB's than we do. No way TO is less valuable than Gaffknee.

Really? Still looks like he is begging for a team to sign his butt, at least Gaffney has a job, even if he's not so good at it.

Why not trade Orton and Gaffney to Oakland, sign Owens and draft Bryant?

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Really? Still looks like he is begging for a team to sign his butt, at least Gaffney has a job, even if he's not so good at it.

Why not trade Orton and Gaffney to Oakland, sign Owens and draft Bryant?

As long as McDaniels is a deal sweetner Im sold. Martindale can be the intern HC until next year. He couldnt do any worse.

Timmy!
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I love lamp.

dogfish
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
this thread sucks. . . . :heh:

TXBRONC
04-14-2010, 10:44 PM
this thread sucks. . . . :heh:

Always with negative vibes, that's just sad dude. :tsk: :lol:

dogfish
04-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Always with negative vibes, that's just sad dude. :tsk: :lol:

i know. . . he's been like this ever since we traded cutler. . . .

Broncolingus
04-15-2010, 02:09 AM

Go Broncos!!!!!!

dude...seriously...

...quit trying to type and watch "You've Got Male" at the same time...

...it never works out.

:D

Bosco
04-15-2010, 02:38 AM

Go Broncos!!!!!!

Shouldn't it be Kyle learning offense from Josh?

broncofaninfla
04-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Shouldn't it be Kyle learning offense from Josh?

Mcd teaching Kyle about offense- First and 10- Moreno up the middle 2 yard gain, second and 8- Moreno loses 3 yards, third down and 11 - bubble screen to Gaffeny, complete for no gain. Punt......... Then you go to the sidelines bitch the oline out because everything is always thier fault, put even more pressure on the defense then wonder whythey wear down as the season progresses..............

claymore
04-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Mcd teaching Kyle about offense- First and 10- Moreno up the middle 2 yard gain, second and 8- Moreno loses 3 yards, third down and 11 - bubble screen to Gaffeny, complete for no gain. Punt......... Then you go to the sidelines bitch the oline out because everything is always thier fault, put even more pressure on the defense then wonder whythey wear down as the season progresses..............

Kyle has actually been in some different systems unlike McD. He has learned from Gruden, Kubiak, and Shanahan.

Id take him as an Offensive coordinator way before I took McD.

Kyle's texans had the #4 offense in the league last year. He knows what he's doing.

Mike
04-15-2010, 08:05 AM
I hate the offseason.

rationalfan
04-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Kyle has actually been in some different systems unlike McD. He has learned from Gruden, Kubiak, and Shanahan.

Id take him as an Offensive coordinator way before I took McD.

Kyle's texans had the #4 offense in the league last year. He knows what he's doing.

yes, because kubiak had nothing to do with houston's offensive scheme or prowess. or schaub, for that matter.

Bosco
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Kyle has actually been in some different systems unlike McD. He has learned from Gruden, Kubiak, and Shanahan. All of them run the West Coast Offense, and Kubiak's version comes directly from Mike Shanahan. Josh brought more innovation to the NFL with his Earhart-Perkins-meets-the-West-Coast-Offense hybrid than any of them save for maybe Mike in his prime.

Id take him as an Offensive coordinator way before I took McD. Of course you would. He's Mike's son and he's not McD.

Kyle's texans had the #4 offense in the league last year. He knows what he's doing. So when Kyle runs the #4 offense in the league it's a great accomplishment on his part. When Josh McDaniels runs the greatest offense in NFL history en route to a Super Bowl berth (Kyle's offenses never even made the playoffs) all the credit belongs to the quarterback, receivers, head coach and basically everyone else but him?

The only thing consistent about you, is your inconsistency.

#1dolphinfan
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Campbell is a very good QB but i dont know how well he would do with your current WRs

CrazyHorse
04-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Claymore you're ******' brilliant man! You should replace Xanders.

dogfish
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Claymore you're ******' brilliant man! You should replace Xanders.

i don't think clay would work all that well with mcdaniels. . .

then again, if you believe clay, JMFMCD doesn't work well with anybody. . . . :laugh:

broncofaninfla
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
All of them run the West Coast Offense, and Kubiak's version comes directly from Mike Shanahan. Josh brought more innovation to the NFL with his Earhart-Perkins-meets-the-West-Coast-Offense hybrid than any of them save for maybe Mike in his prime.

Of course you would. He's Mike's son and he's not McD.

So when Kyle runs the #4 offense in the league it's a great accomplishment on his part. When Josh McDaniels runs the greatest offense in NFL history en route to a Super Bowl berth (Kyle's offenses never even made the playoffs) all the credit belongs to the quarterback, receivers, head coach and basically everyone else but him?

The only thing consistent about you, is your inconsistency.

What color is the sky in your world?

Thnikkaman
04-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Go Broncos!!!!!!

I'd like to trade Claymore for a disgruntled bears fan.

Wait, I have my own site now, screw Clay.

MNPatsFan
04-16-2010, 12:54 PM
What color is the sky in your world?Hmmm guess the same thing could be asked of you given that you seem enamored with the OC of a team that was ranked 4th in the NFL one year, but not the OC of a team that was ranked 1st in the NFL and set numerous NFL offensive records in a different year.;)

:lol:

CoachChaz
04-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Hmmm guess the same thing could be asked of you given that you seem enamored with the OC of a team that was ranked 4th in the NFL one year, but not the OC of a team that was ranked 1st in the NFL and set numerous NFL offensive records in a different year.;)

That doesnt count because he ahd more talent to work with and just picked up where others ledt off...or whatever today's explanation is. I'm having a hard time keeping up

Broncolingus
04-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Go Broncos!!!!!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/nolimitizi/88da2ec5.jpg

broncofaninfla
04-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Hmmm guess the same thing could be asked of you given that you seem enamored with the OC of a team that was ranked 4th in the NFL one year, but not the OC of a team that was ranked 1st in the NFL and set numerous NFL offensive records in a different year.;)

Did you even watch Denvers offense at all last year? Nothing short of pathetic. I don't give a rats ass about New Englands accomplishments, Mcd is the head coach here with all teh power and is calling the plays on offense and so far he hasn't shown me shit.

MNPatsFan
04-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Did you even watch Denvers offense at all last year? Nothing short of pathetic. I don't give a rats ass about New Englands accomplishments, Mcd is the head coach here with all teh power and is calling the plays on offense and so far he hasn't shown me shit.Not really. The only game of Denver's I watched any significant portion of was the game against the Patriots.

However, without directly comparing the teams, my impression and belief is that the Texans were more talented at most of the offensive and defensive positions. Only position I can think of that the Broncos are more talented is CB.
Schaub > Orton
Andre Johnson > Brandon Marshall
Kevin Walter > can't remember who the Broncs other WR was
I believe Texans RB > Broncos RB
Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, and DeMeco Ryans > their Broncos counterparts.

Can't remember any other players.

Remember McDaniels is changing the style of football the Broncos play and will need some time to get talented players who fit his style and schemes. If he still hasn't significantly improved the Broncos offense and defense after the next season or two, then I will agree with you.:salute:

Bosco
04-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Not really. The only game of Denver's I watched any significant portion of was the game against the Patriots.

However, without directly comparing the teams, my impression and belief is that the Texans were more talented at most of the offensive and defensive positions. Only position I can think of that the Broncos are more talented is CB.
Schaub > Orton
Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, and DeMeco Ryans > their Broncos counterparts.

Remember McDaniels is changing the style of football the Broncos play and will need some time to get talented players who fit his style and schemes. If he still hasn't significantly improved the Broncos offense and defense after the next season or two, then I will agree with you.:salute:

Excellent post.

Buff
04-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Not really. The only game of Denver's I watched any significant portion of was the game against the Patriots.

Schaub > Orton

Kevin Walter is not a more talented wideout than Eddie Royal. I'd argue Gaffney is equally talented if not better as well.

RB is a tossup too. But I agree with the overall gist of your post.

weazel
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
we need that dude from Philly to puke all over this thread

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM

Schaub > Orton

You forgot one...

play calling for Houston > play calling for Denver

MNPatsFan
04-19-2010, 09:23 AM
You forgot one...

play calling for Houston > play calling for DenverThat maybe be, but it is very easy and almost a given that the play calling for a more talented team will look better than the play calling for a less talented team. If I am not mistaken, last year was the Texans' FIRST winning season.

In previous seasons when they weren't as talented and/or as successful, the Texans' play calling looked and/or was BAD and there were calls for Gary Kubiak and Kyle Shanahan to be fired.;)

Therefore, you and your fellow Broncos fans just need to exhibit some patience and allow the present regime to accumulate the players and talent they need for their system. If after the next two seasons, the Broncos have not made significant improvement, then I will agree with you regarding the current regime.:salute:

claymore
04-19-2010, 09:31 AM
That maybe be, but it is very easy and almost a given that the play calling for a more talented team will look better than the play calling for a less talented team. If I am not mistaken, last year was the Texans' FIRST winning season.

In previous seasons when they weren't as talented and/or as successful, the Texans' play calling looked and/or was BAD and there were calls for Gary Kubiak and Kyle Shanahan to be fired.;)

Therefore, you and your fellow Broncos fans just need to exhibit some patience and allow the present regime to accumulate the players and talent they need for their system. If after the next two seasons, the Broncos have not made significant improvement, then I will agree with you regarding the current regime.:salute:

The team fielded this year will be completley different from the one inherited last year. Very few Shanahan starters will remain.

No more excuses. Proof is in the pudding... Our win total should go up. And we should expect to see improvement offensively and defensively.

MNPatsFan
04-19-2010, 09:49 AM
The team fielded this year will be completley different from the one inherited last year. Very few Shanahan starters will remain.

No more excuses. Proof is in the pudding... Our win total should go up. And we should expect to see improvement offensively and defensively.Yes, I would expect to see your win total go up and to see improvement on both sides of the ball. The only caveat that I would add is "unless a key member of the team suffers a season ending injury early in the year." I don't know the Broncos well enough to say who that key member would be, but could be their first round pick (depending on who it is), their starting running back (whoever that is) or their starting QB depending on who the backups are.

claymore
04-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, I would expect to see your win total go up and to see improvement on both sides of the ball. The only caveat that I would add is "unless a key member of the team suffers a season ending injury early in the year." I don't know the Broncos well enough to say who that key member would be, but could be their first round pick (depending on who it is), their starting running back (whoever that is) or their starting QB depending on who the backups are.

I would say Orton. As incredibly sad as it is to say, he is probably the best skill player we have.

Sweet Geebus Im in a nightmare.

CoachChaz
04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
I would say Orton. As incredibly sad as it is to say, he is probably the best skill player we have.

See...I'm crazy and would go with Moreno. But I know it's incsane that a rookie RB made mistakes and didn't get 1500 yards behind a weak interior line...so what the hell do I know.

claymore
04-19-2010, 09:58 AM
See...I'm crazy and would go with Moreno. But I know it's incsane that a rookie RB made mistakes and didn't get 1500 yards behind a weak interior line...so what the hell do I know.

I love Moreno, but I think we go as far as Orton takes us. I have zero faith in Quinn till I see him in the preseason / TC, and alot less faith in Brandstatertaercluaseessenson.

CoachChaz
04-19-2010, 10:01 AM
I love Moreno, but I think we go as far as Orton takes us. I have zero faith in Quinn till I see him in the preseason / TC, and alot less faith in Brandstatertaercluaseessenson.

Completely valid and I agree 100%.

elsid13
04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
yes, because kubiak had nothing to do with houston's offensive scheme or prowess. or schaub, for that matter.

Kubiak actually turned the offense over to Kyle Shanahan. Kyle is going to be very good HC one day. He going to be hot name very soon.

claymore
04-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Kubiak actually turned the offense over to Kyle Shanahan. Kyle is going to be very good HC one day. He going to be hot name very soon.

I love this quote on his wiki page.

"I studied every potential Xs and Os play and issue possible. I spent my whole life working on that. My goal was that any question a player could have about anything on the field, I'd be able to answer it."

elsid13
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I love this quote on his wiki page.

"I studied every potential Xs and Os play and issue possible. I spent my whole life working on that. My goal was that any question a player could have about anything on the field, I'd be able to answer it."

This is very good story about Kyle from the WASHPOST

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/27/AR2010032702288.html

I thought his part was extremely funny

Though Kyle's singular goal was playing football and earning playing time on a team stacked with more talented players, it was clear he had a different approach. Simms recalls teammates playing Madden NFL on Xbox for hours

Kyle "would try to coach the game, like for-real coaching," Simms said. "We'd just try to be good at the game. But Kyle would be like, 'Oh, against this offense, you've got to go with this certain defense.' We would laugh. 'This is a video game, not real life.' That's probably why he got his butt whooped a lot."

jhildebrand
04-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Is it too late to get the rights to Joe Theisman? :confused:

claymore
10-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Its almost over buddy, its almost over... :hug:

Dreadnought
10-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Its almost over buddy, its almost over... :hug:

It is over. The thread is pretty funny in retrospect, ain't it?

BroncoNut
10-19-2011, 09:11 AM

Go Broncos!!!!!!

I thought Jabar was playing for the skins

BroncoNut
10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
It is over. The thread is pretty funny in retrospect, ain't it?

sorry, thought it was a new thread and that Clay was confused or late or something.

claymore
10-19-2011, 09:13 AM
I thought Jabar was playing for the skins

If so, its a complete coincidence. Id still have rather had Campbell than Orton.

BroncoNut
10-19-2011, 09:16 AM
If so, its a complete coincidence. Id still have rather had Campbell than Orton.

me too. I wish we still had cutler sometimes.

claymore
10-19-2011, 09:19 AM
me too. I wish we still had cutler sometimes.

Im just happy McD is gone. I dont like that guy at all. Cutler being gone is a small price to pay. McD was the "Anti Bronco".

TXBRONC
10-19-2011, 09:26 AM

I think Campbell is just a more mobile version of Orton. He also has similar throwing motion to Tebow.