PDA

View Full Version : Mcdaniels is not what the broncos needed....

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
First he comes in and shows hes the "boss" by getting rid of a pro bowl franchise quarterback.....smart and now hes gone and got rid of the defensive coordinator that took the broncos sad defence of '06 and turned it into the defence to beat in '09 and now gets rid of the only REAL weapon broncos had on offence in brandon marshal .....who does this guy think he is....i dont like him P.S. Brady Quinn will not get better he was a draft bust....thats all hell ever be

JOSH MCDANIELS :mad:

roomemp
04-14-2010, 07:26 PM
First he comes in and shows hes the "boss" by getting rid of a pro bowl franchise quarterback.....smart and now hes gone and got rid of the defensive coordinator that took the broncos sad defence of '06 and turned it into the defence to beat in '09 and now gets rid of the only REAL weapon broncos had on offence in brandon marshal .....who does this guy think he is....i dont like him P.S. Brady Quinn will not get better he was a draft bust....thats all hell ever be

Welcome to the site :welcome:

Question.......Are you a Raiders fan?

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Josh Mcdaniels f'n rocks!

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Great first thread and welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

BroncoWave

here is a site that might interest you...

forums.denverbroncos.com

milehigh
I don't understand how Jay Cutler and franchise quarterback get thrown around in the same sentence so loosely. What exactly has he done in his career to deserve that label?

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't understand how Jay Cutler and franchise quarterback get thrown around in the same sentence so loosely. What exactly has he done in his career to deserve that label?

Set the single season passing record for the Broncos in his 3rd year!

roomemp
04-14-2010, 07:31 PM

Well......He throws a bunch of INT's :D

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 07:33 PM

impressive...

Plummer did that in his 2nd season.

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
impressive...

Plummer did that in his 2nd season.

I thought that was Plummer's 10th Season. I could be wrong though.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Did Claymore make another account?

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Did Claymore make another account?

No that would be illegal. I have morals and loyalties unlike smooth talkin Headcoaches from Canton Ohio. :whistle:

weazel
04-14-2010, 07:38 PM

http://kingslayer.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/sanlu-photoshops-snotty-crying-baby-500x374.jpg

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought that was Plummer's 10th Season. I could be wrong though.

really? Plummer didnt break Denvers franchise record in his 2nd year in the league while playing for Arizona? crap...

Plummer's 2nd year in Denver (8th year overall, not 10th) he broke franchise records in passing.

we both knew what I meant.

milehigh
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM

The Broncos finished second in the NFL in yards that season but in the middle of the pack in scoring, also didn't benefit from Cutler's 18 interceptions, Marshall's 18 drops and an astonishing seven tailbacks on injured reserve.

Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school claymore, but I know you already knew that.

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
really? Plummer didnt break Denvers franchise record in his 2nd year in the league?

I think your messing with me, or your High. Regardless... no he didnt.

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
The Broncos finished second in the NFL in yards that season but in the middle of the pack in scoring, also didn't benefit from Cutler's 18 interceptions, Marshall's 18 drops and an astonishing seven tailbacks on injured reserve.

Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school claymore, but I know you already knew that.

Team Sport. If He threw darts or played golf for a living his winning percentage would be alot more imortant to me.

weazel
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I hear Mcdaniels kicks bunny rabbits when he goes home at night too!

milehigh
04-14-2010, 07:44 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

T.K.O.
04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
am i in the "TWIGHWHINE ZONE" ? and yes i just coined that phrase !!!!!

milehigh
04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Team Sport. If He threw darts or played golf for a living his winning percentage would be alot more imortant to me.

Right I get it, I have read enough posts to know Cutler is a touchy subject for you. I won't go there, you are right it is never his fault.

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Right I get it, I have read enough posts to know Cutler is a touchy subject for you. I won't go there, you are right it is never his fault.

I dont think ive ever said that.

BTW, here is a pic of McD waorshipping Hitler. The man is pure evil.
http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/McDaniels_Fire-that-Guy.jpg

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 08:14 PM
cutler threw for 4000 yards in '09 and went to the pro bowl......what can we say about kyle orton(im not raggin on KO or anything hes a decent qb) and whats up with geting rid of mike nolan our def. was great last year even though it dropped near the end

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
i dont think mcdaniels is fit to be a head coach right now.....hes a prety good play caller but and a poor decison maker....

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:16 PM

Hey look, Clay has a Claymate now. :lol:

Lancane
04-14-2010, 08:20 PM

No that's his wife in the fur coat Bowlen purchased for her...Marshall and McDaniels had a lot more in common then we knew.

;)

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Miami first punking us for Mike Nolan now BMarsh?

I hate to say it but Parcells is toying with this organization

Lancane
04-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I dont think ive ever said that.

BTW, here is a pic of McD waorshipping Hitler. The man is pure evil.
http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/McDaniels_Fire-that-Guy.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/salute.jpg

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:22 PM

Are you saying that Bowlen has become Snyder now? :lol:

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 08:23 PM
does anyone get the feeling that mcdaniels is trying to make the broncos the next patriots......i mean trying to get cassel and all the former pats on our team now:questionmark:

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
does anyone get the feeling that mcdaniels is trying to make the broncos the next patriots......i mean trying to get cassel and all the former pats on our team now:questionmark:

I think you are on to something....

Lancane

Of course, he's making us the Patriots of the 80's, you remember them, they were a lot like Cleveland...couldn't win for shit.

Northman
McDaniels is from the Patriots? When did that happen?

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
cleveland......omg we have brady quinn i bet thats enough to make our team worse

Lancane
04-14-2010, 08:26 PM
McDaniels is from the Patriots? When did that happen?

It was a secret, Bowlen thought he heard McDaniels say that he was from Indianapolis. They say it doesn't hurt to fib a little on your resume.

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
this is kinda off topic but his is my thread who cares what does everyone think the broncos should do with 11th overall

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
It was a secret, Bowlen thought he heard McDaniels say that he was from Indianapolis. They say it doesn't hurt to fib a little on your resume.

Well goddamn. If he is from the Cheateroits than we should of won a SB already. Dammit to hell.

Bosco
04-14-2010, 08:39 PM
First he comes in and shows hes the "boss" by getting rid of a pro bowl franchise quarterback... Yeah, I mean it was really Josh's fault that Jay got all butthurt over trade offers that he ended up declining, acted like a little bitch, tried to drag the whole organization through a PR war and ignored the owner until he finally demanded that Josh trade him.

..smart and now hes gone and got rid of the defensive coordinator that took the broncos sad defence of '06 and turned it into the defence to beat in '09 That's the same defense that ran Josh McDaniels scheme that he brought from New England and not what Nolan had previously run.

and now gets rid of the only REAL weapon broncos had on offence in brandon marshal What was the alternative? Give him a bunch of guaranteed money when he's a misstep away from an 8 game (at least) suspension? No thanks. Some other team can put up with that bullshit.

.....who does this guy think he is.... My guess would be head coach of the Denver Broncos, purging the locker room of the cancers Mike Shanahan left behind.

i dont like him I don't think he cares.

P.S. Brady Quinn will not get better he was a draft bust....thats all hell ever be Josh McDaniels is a QB guru and seems to think that Quinn has the potential to be legitimate starter in this league. I'll take his word for it.

Lancane
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Josh McDaniels is a QB guru and seems to think that Quinn has the potential to be legitimate starter in this league. I'll take his word for it.

Is this a Saturday Night Live skit? McDaniels is a quarterback guru? I think not, he has worked with Tom Brady who was developed under Weis not McDaniels, Cassell has yet to prove that he was more then a one year wonder and that it was more then the system and the same could be said for Orton.

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:48 PM
this is kinda off topic but his is my thread who cares what does everyone think the broncos should do with 11th overall

Who knows really...It obviously depends on the outcome of the first 10 picks. Lets just hope Clausen falls out of the top 10 because then Denver is sitting pretty on the clock with a ton of teams trying to trade up to draft him.

Bosco
04-14-2010, 08:52 PM
McDaniels is a quarterback guru? I think not That's fine. Tom Brady, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Bill Belichick and a host of NFL personnel disagree with you.

he has worked with Tom Brady who was developed under Weis not McDaniels Discussed this before. Brady's performance increased substantially after McD was made the QB coach.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Probably has nothing to do with Brady getting more mature into the NFL

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Is this a Saturday Night Live skit? McDaniels is a quarterback guru? I think not, he has worked with Tom Brady who was developed under Weis not McDaniels, Cassell has yet to prove that he was more then a one year wonder and that it was more then the system and the same could be said for Orton.

lol.... I guess you could say that, heres a question I have for you.

Was Shanahan a "QB GURU"?

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 08:59 PM

I dont' think Shanahan ever had the label "QB Guru".... although the success he had with Plummer could make the case.

Walking into Brady, after he's already won 3 SUper Bowls with someone ELSE... doesn't exactly make you a QB Guru.

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 09:00 PM
with shanahan at least we got winning seasons.....whats the broncos predicted record next year.....6-10? i dont think thats winning

Lancane
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM

Hmmm... Many would say that he was, I tend to believe that he knew how to critique above average quarterbacks to make them better. And that he was a fair evaluating quarterback talent compared to many other position...but a guru? Not sure.

Many would call Mike Holmgren a guru, but in truth that was because he got lucky trading for Farve and like Shanahan their combined work with Steve Young in San Francisco.

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 09:03 PM
with shanahan at least we got winning seasons.....whats the broncos predicted record next year.....6-10? i dont think thats winning

What was the Broncos prediction for last year playing the AFC North and NFC east? Certainly not 8-8

Lancane
04-14-2010, 09:04 PM
What was the Broncos prediction for last year playing the AFC North and NFC east? Certainly not 8-8

Thank Nolan for that... I mean...

;)

Bosco
04-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Probably has nothing to do with Brady getting more mature into the NFL Yeah, probably all coincidence. :tsk:

I dont' think Shanahan ever had the label "QB Guru".... although the success he had with Plummer could make the case. He did. Steve Young, Elway, Griese, Plummer.

Walking into Brady, after he's already won 3 SUper Bowls with someone ELSE... doesn't exactly make you a QB Guru. Wrong again. He won his 3rd Super Bowl trophy in 2004 when McD was his QB coach.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, probably all coincidence. :tsk:

He did. Steve Young, Elway, Griese, Plummer.

Wrong again. He won his 3rd Super Bowl trophy in 2004 when McD was his QB coach.

I was talking the OC.. so i'm not wrong :lol:

Seems he REALLY added a ton after Brady already won 2 with another QB coach then, huh? wow.

Again.. I'll say it again. Hard to give a guy the "QB Guru" when they are coaching a HoF caliber guy. Shanahan could be labeled a QB Guru since Elway never went to, nor won, a Super Bowl without Shanahan. Nor did Steve Young.

But McD can't say the same thing. He took over as the "QB Coach" to a guy that already won multible Super Bowls, and then was the OC to a team/QB that already won three. T he only thing he did, was be the first OC to lose the Super Bowl with Brady as QB.

Wrong .. wrong.. wrong... :lol: You are cute Bosco.. you think you are so superior.. its adorable.

Shanahan was never given the "QB Guru" label.... he was known as the mastermind of offense. FOr some reason Holmgren was... not sur why...... and so far McD hasn't done anything that would be consider "guru-ish"... but 'm sure he is to you.... you can't seem to get your head out of his ass far enough to see anything other than his puckered brown hole.

Broncolingus
04-14-2010, 09:09 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/Lord_Xalen/ufail.jpg

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Hmmm... Many would say that he was, I tend to believe that he knew how to critique above average quarterbacks to make them better. And that he was a fair evaluating quarterback talent compared to many other position...but a guru? Not sure.

Many would call Mike Holmgren a guru, but in truth that was because he got lucky trading for Farve and like Shanahan their combined work with Steve Young in San Francisco.

Im not saying Shanahan wasnt a QB Guru because trust me I think hes a genius when it comes to that position but based off what you had said about Mcdaniels then Shanahan isnt a "QB guru either". Shanahan didnt establish Elways career just like Mcdaniels didnt establish Bradys but they certainly made those players a lot better.

I'd argue that Mcdaniels had as much to do with Orton's and Cassel's success as Shanahan had on Plummer and Cutler.

also... Holmgren worked with Favre, Hasselbeck, and Young.

Thats a pretty good resume if you ask me.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Im not saying Shanahan wasnt a QB Guru because trust me I think hes a genius when it comes to that position but based off what you had said about Mcdaniels then Shanahan isnt a "QB guru either". Shanahan didnt establish Elways career just like Mcdaniels didnt establish Bradys but they certainly made those players a lot better.

I'd argue that Mcdaniels had as much to do with Orton's and Cassel's success as Shanahan had on Plummer and Cutler.

also... Holmgren worked with Favre, Hasselbeck, and Young.

Thats a pretty good resume if you ask me.

Shanahan didn't 'establish' Elway's career... are you sure? Elway didn't go to a Super Bowl unless Shanahan was either the OC or the HC.

But I agree with you. Its hard to go and coach a guy (or work with) a QB that is already considered to be great and then be considered a 'guru' when you have success with that player. The player will always rise to the top, no matter what.

Lancane
04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
He did. Steve Young, Elway, Griese, Plummer.

Steve Young was developed in part by him and in part by Mike Holmgren. John Elway was developed more by Jim Fassel then by Mike Shanahan, who was the Wide Receiver Coach and then Offensive Coordinator after Fassel left. Elway was showing signs of greatness from the get go though too. Griese was a one year wonder, he never proved to be much more then a journeyman and as for Plummer, he did get better...but he helped critique him, Plummer had pretty much developed to his full potential before he came to Denver.

red98
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM

To be fair, both Shanny and McKid deserve the title of QB guru. McKid's last 3 QBs all had record years. (A proven vet, an untested backup, a journey man type).

Shanny got 2 QBs who couldn't get it done otherwise SB championships, as well as getting pro bowl preformances from all his starting QBs.

Bosco
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
I was talking the OC.. so i'm not wrong :lol: So the year that McD worked exclusively with the QB's and was also the start of Brady's upward trend in QB ratings and capped with another Super Bowl victory is irrelevant because he wasn't the OC.

Um, ok.

Seems he REALLY added a ton after Brady already won 2 with another QB coach then, huh? wow. See the rising QB ratings starting in 2004, the Super Bowl victory, the record setting 2007 season and the 2008 season with a guy who hadn't started a game since high school? All happened on McD's watch.

Again.. I'll say it again. Hard to give a guy the "QB Guru" when they are coaching a HoF caliber guy. That's basically a brain dead argument, but whatever.

Shanahan could be labeled a QB Guru since Elway never went to, nor won, a Super Bowl without Shanahan. Nor did Steve Young. Wrong again genius. Remember that Super Bowl we lost to the 49ers in? Mike Shanahan was in Oakland then

You see these sites here? Everytime you go to click "submit" I want you to go to these sites and check your facts. This is like the 10th time you've failed to get the most basic facts right and I'm getting sick of correcting you. If you can't do that, then maybe it's time you stopped trying to discuss football with the big boys.

www.NFL.com
www.pro-football-reference.com
www.wikipedia.org

Edit: Shanahan was with the team during that Superbowl. I forgot that we re-hired him during the season.

Wrong .. wrong.. wrong... :lol: You are cute Bosco.. you think you are so superior.. its adorable. I can get basic facts right, which yes, makes me superior to you.

It's ok, you can learn though.

Shanahan was never given the "QB Guru" label Put "mike shanahan QB guru" into Google and see how many results you get. Needless to say, there are quite a few people out there who use that label on him.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
To be fair, both Shanny and McKid deserve the title of QB guru. McKid's last 3 QBs all had record years. (A proven vet, an untested backup, a journey man type).

Shanny got 2 QBs who couldn't get it done otherwise SB championships, as well as getting pro bowl preformances from all his starting QBs.

all true, and good points.

I think that 'QB guru" is just so ambiguous. I have a hard time labeling anyone with this 'title' simply because it doesn't really have any kind of real definition.

Overtime
04-14-2010, 09:31 PM

5 in the same game to be exact....:coffee:

Bosco
04-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Steve Young was developed in part by him and in part by Mike Holmgren. John Elway was developed more by Jim Fassel then by Mike Shanahan, who was the Wide Receiver Coach and then Offensive Coordinator after Fassel left. Shanahan had been WR coach, OC and QB coach in two seperate stints before Fassel arrived.

Griese was a one year wonder Well to be fair, he blew up his shoulder during that one year and was never the same again.

Overtime
04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Shanahan had been WR coach, OC and QB coach in two seperate stints before Fassel arrived.

Well to be fair, he blew up his shoulder during that one year and was never the same again.

yeah, DWI's will ruin a career....

shanahanfan24
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
mcdaniels may be a "QB guru" but i still dont think hes fit to run a team yet

Bosco
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
yeah, DWI's will ruin a career....

Give me that Sonic Blue Cobra of yours and I'll never drink again. :D

I can't think of a more perfect car. Terminators are badass as it is. Make it Sonic Blue and it's sex on wheels. I'm still pissed that Ford dropped that color.

red98
04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
all true, and good points.

I think that 'QB guru" is just so ambiguous. I have a hard time labeling anyone with this 'title' simply because it doesn't really have any kind of real definition.

I understand. What we are really trying to judge is Head Coach. QB guru status doesn't mean squat in that comparison (see Jim Fassel)

Lancane
04-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Shanahan had been WR coach, OC and QB coach in two seperate stints before Fassel arrived.

Well to be fair, he blew up his shoulder during that one year and was never the same again.

First off Bosco, you're wrong...Mike Shanahan was with San Francisco as the offensive coordinator from 92' - 94', they won the Super Bowl right before he signed with Denver. As to the Oakland stint, that was the 88'-89' season, he was re-hired by Denver in 89' as the quarterback coach, Elway was in his sixth season and pretty much considered one of the best in the game at that point, he remained until 91', when he was hired by San Francisco. He was the receivers coach and offensive coordinator from 84' to 87', actually the first time Shanahan ever coached quarterbacks even though he was one in college was in 1989, he never coached a quarterback before then...a lot of people believe that it was working with Elway during that time and his own experiences which made him such a good quarterback coach.

Bosco
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
First off Bosco, you're wrong...Mike Shanahan was with San Francisco as the offensive coordinator from 92' - 94', they won the Super Bowl right before he signed with Denver. As to the Oakland stint, that was the 88'-89' season, he was re-hired by Denver in 89' as the quarterback coach, Elway was in his sixth season and pretty much considered one of the best in the game at that point, he remained until 91', when he was hired by San Francisco. He was the receivers coach and offensive coordinator from 84' to 87', actually the first time Shanahan ever coached quarterbacks even though he was one in college was in 1989, he never coached a quarterback before then...a lot of people believe that it was working with Elway during that time and his own experiences which made him such a good quarterback coach.

So what part are you disagreeing with me about. Shanny was WR coach in 84, OC from 85-87, and came back as the QB coach in 89. Three different positions in two different stints, just like I said.

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM

Shanahan coached the quarterbacks in 85-87 when he replaced Howhower as offensive coordinator.

Lancane
04-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Shanahan coached the quarterbacks in 85-87 when he replaced Howhower as offensive coordinator.

His official job title from 85' till the end of the 87' season was Offensive Coordinator.

Timmy!
04-14-2010, 10:12 PM
:jumpsoffbridge:

EMB6903
04-14-2010, 10:13 PM
His official job title from 85' till the end of the 87' season was Offensive Coordinator.

so that doesnt mean he was the quarterbacks coach?

Dont get too confident in wikipedia my man.

Dzone
04-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Give all the credit for Elways success to Dan Reeves!!!!!!!

Lancane
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
so that doesnt mean he was the quarterbacks coach?

Dont get too confident in wikipedia my man.

I don't need nor do I use Wikipedia, because anyone can change it...talk about a crappy source of information.

He wasn't the quarterback coach, granted he did help with Elway even John said as much, but if you remember Elway said he wouldn't have been anywhere without Jim (Fassel) who he pointed to as having a significant part in his development. We need to remember that John was thrown to the wolves, he learned on the field or hands on you might say. Shanahan and Elway bonded while he was the offensive coordinator, but they grew real tight when he became the positional coach in 89'. That does not mean I don't feel he didn't do well by Elway, but I still would not call him a quarterback guru...but an excellent coach when it comes to that position in general.

NightTrainLayne
04-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Doesn't anyone else get tired of having the same arguments over and over and over and over again?

red98
04-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Give all the credit for Elways success to Dan Reeves!!!!!!!

:eek: All the credit for Elway's success belongs to Elway!!

rationalfan
04-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Doesn't anyone else get tired of having the same arguments over and over and over and over again?

very much so.

also, i can't decide if shanahanfan24 is a troll or some guy posting ironic cliched comments just to stir up the regular pot of crazies.

Dzone
04-14-2010, 11:10 PM
^lol

weazel
04-14-2010, 11:24 PM
i dont think mcdaniels is fit to be a head coach right now.....hes a prety good play caller but and a poor decison maker....

yes, he is a great play caller!

1st down = dive left
2nd down = bubble screen
3rd down = dive left
4th down = punt

repeat

horsemeat
04-15-2010, 01:25 AM
really? Plummer didnt break Denvers franchise record in his 2nd year in the league while playing for Arizona? crap...

Plummer's 2nd year in Denver (8th year overall, not 10th) he broke franchise records in passing.

we both knew what I meant.

:tape: please, thank you!

ursamajor
04-15-2010, 07:04 AM

And touchdowns.

He also challenges and beats 5x All-Pro Monster Linebackers 1-on-1 for the endzone-and wins. He also trucks safeties.

ursamajor
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM

Well, he did mold Josh's idol

ursamajor
04-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I mean it was really Josh's fault that Jay got all butthurt...

No it was all Cutler's fault...and Marshall's...and Hillis'...and Nolan's...and soon to be Scheffler's.

gregbroncs
04-15-2010, 03:36 PM
cutler threw for 4000 yards in '09 and went to the pro bowl......what can we say about kyle orton(im not raggin on KO or anything hes a decent qb) and whats up with geting rid of mike nolan our def. was great last year even though it dropped near the endThat he didn't throw tons of red zone interceptions for starter's.

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Probably has nothing to do with Brady getting more mature into the NFL

or moss an welker...or knowing what the other teams signals meant

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 04:27 PM

1st down = dive left
2nd down = bubble screen
3rd down = dive left
4th down = punt

repeat

that i agree with...he kept defenses guessing all season...i mean running the shotgun about 70 % of snaps really confused the defenses of our intent:coffee:

topscribe
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
And touchdowns.

He also challenges and beats 5x All-Pro Monster Linebackers 1-on-1 for the endzone-and wins. He also trucks safeties.

Maybe he should be a fullback. :D

-----

Thnikkaman
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM

You are so deft at seeing the future, can you tell me what next weeks winning lotto numbers will be?

topscribe
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
cutler threw for 4000 yards in '09 and went to the pro bowl......what can we say about kyle orton(im not raggin on KO or anything hes a decent qb) and whats up with geting rid of mike nolan our def. was great last year even though it dropped near the end

Cutler went to the Pro Bowl in '08.

And he did not belong there. Rivers did.

-----

Northman
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM

-----

Thats not correct at all. Rivers played better down the stretch but Jay had a great year considering working with a lot less than Rivers did.

weazel
04-15-2010, 04:37 PM

-----

uh oh, now you're going to get it!!! I'm ducking for cover :behindsofa:

topscribe
04-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Thats not correct at all. Rivers played better down the stretch but Jay had a great year considering working with a lot less than Rivers did.

You're kidding, of course. Working with less?

Marshall
Royal
Stokley
Scheffler
Graham

Clady
Hamilton
Wiegmann
Kuper
Harris

Rivers was without one one thing, however, that Cutler did have:

Time off during postseason . . .

-----

Northman
04-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Marshall
Royal
Stokley
Scheffler
Graham

Clady
Hamilton
Wiegmann
Kuper
Harris

-----

Rivers had a somewhat better defense to work with. He had a stable running game which Jay did not. The Chargers had a better ST's in place than we did at that time and above all else far more experience and chemistry with the team. I swear you guys are just about as annoying as the idiots who slam McDaniels all day long. WTF.

topscribe
04-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Rivers had a somewhat better defense to work with. He had a stable running game which Jay did not. The Chargers had a better ST's in place than we did at that time and above all else far more experience and chemistry with the team. I swear you guys are just about as annoying as the idiots who slam McDaniels all day long. WTF.

Hmm . . . sounds like some of the same stuff about Orton that is labeled "excuses" . . .

Irritated much, North? ;)

-----

Northman
04-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Hmm . . . sounds like some of the stuff about Orton that is labeled "excuses" . . .

Irritated much, North? ;)

-----

Such as?

topscribe
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Such as?

Such as . . . what? :confused:

-----

Medford Bronco
04-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I am willing to give him 2010. If we suck or choke again,
then I will be livid in Dec/Jan.

I hope he does better this year than the last 8 games of last seasons
debacle.

Northman
04-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Such as . . . what? :confused:

-----

You implied that Orton fell under the same circumstances that Jay did in 08' and im trying to figure out which ones you think applied to him.

topscribe
04-15-2010, 04:58 PM
You implied that Orton fell under the same circumstances that Jay did in 08' and im trying to figure out which ones you think applied to him.

Oh, that . . .

Well, stuff like "better ST's in place than we did at that time and above all else far
more experience and chemistry with the team" . . . you know. Maybe not in those
exact words, but in the general gist of what have been referred to by Orton-
bashers as "excuses."

-----

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 05:00 PM

-----

wrong cutler belonged there...favre didnt

Timmy!
04-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I am willing to give him 2010. .

This. I'm basically sitting back and watching. Some moves I agree with, some I don't. I understand it takes more than 1 season to change schemes and get players you want. I also understand that a rookie HC will make mistakes, and personally think McD should check his ego a bit, but I do want my HC to have an ego. Probably why I liked Shanny. I can also understand why much of the fan base is so alienated. I would have hate to see this place if the Broncos actually had a losing record last year :eek:

I'm not freaking out over the Marshall thing, we all saw it coming, and I wouldn't have given him the $$$ that the fins dished out. McD has been given all the rope in the world to either hang himself or rustle a big steer named "playoffs" we haven't seen in 5 years (something people seem to be forgetting). I'll sit back, and expect an improved team, decisions, and results because no matter how much I bitch, moan, complain, cheer, defend, accuse, or think I as a fan could do a better job, I can't change things. I can voice my opinion, but in the end it's just that, an opinion. I'm smart enough to realize what I think means jack crap compared to the people who spend their lives on the sidelines.

So, I'm on board. Sink or swim coach, I'll cheer either way.

Nomad
04-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I am willing to give him 2010. If we suck or choke again,
then I will be livid in Dec/Jan.

I hope he does better this year than the last 8 games of last seasons
debacle.

It seems to be the mo of the BRONCOS to choke down the stretch the last 3-4 yrs!! McD will surely earn a little respect if he gets this team playing solid down the stretch and a sniff at the postseason!! We'll see!!

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 05:04 PM

Marshall
Royal
Stokley
Scheffler
Graham

Clady
Hamilton
Wiegmann
Kuper
Harris

Rivers was without one one thing, however, that Cutler did have:

Time off during postseason . . .

-----

wait now ..i thought this year the common thought is...royal is a one year wonder...scheffler a horrible TE..the oline is a bunch of pansys who cant pass block or run block

so your saying they were all supreme talent...for cutler...but all suck for orton...ok got it...dont understand it...but i'll chaulk it up to senility
:D

but im sure you'll recall rivers in 08 had something that resembled a defense in the last 8 games...cutler didnt

Elevation inc
04-15-2010, 05:05 PM
your absolutely right 100%....MCD isnt WHAT they need......

WHAT THEY NEED IS ELEVATION INC....THE ITALIAN STALLION

UHHHHH GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/THREAD

topscribe
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
wait now ..i thought this year the common thought is...royal is a one year wonder...scheffler a horrible TE..the oline is a bunch of pansys who cant pass block or run block

so your saying they were all supreme talent...for cutler...but all suck for orton...ok got it...dont understand it...but i'll chaulk it up to senility
:D

Umm . . . are you attributing all that to me?

Because I don''t remember saying all that . . . :confused:

-----

Nomad
04-15-2010, 05:12 PM

/THREAD

Rocky's gonna be pissed you stole his name!!:D

topscribe
04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Rocky's gonna be pissed you stole his name!!:D

Ah now, look what you did.

I just saw Elevation scurrying out the back door . . .

-----

Elevation inc
04-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Ah now, look what you did.

I just saw Elevation scurrying out the back door . . .

-----

What??? Hell no...come get some rocky...i got my own eye of the tiger....:lol:

Lancane
04-15-2010, 05:39 PM

/THREAD

And this is what happens when someone stays home spanking his monkey far too much...

:lol:

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 05:40 PM
And this is what happens when someone stays home spanking his monkey far too much...

:lol:

i thought that was hairy palms?

Lancane
04-15-2010, 05:41 PM
i thought that was hairy palms?

In Elevations case it's remembering famous lines from the Rocky films and thinking that he's the saviour of the Broncos...

:laugh:

James Bond
04-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Strange. Everywhere you go to get news about the Broncos, there are two camps pasting each other over McD. Really nonproductive and boring.

FTR, I think McDaniels did about as well as he could with the team he had last year. Some parts broke down after Game 6, and I think the Oline had much to do with that. This Offseason, I see him making big changes that were warranted by the lessons of last year, and I am speaking of ON THE FIELD.

I also believe that Cutler had to go, and so did Marshall, Hamilton, Wiegmann and Sheffler. The Dline was greatly improved.

I look forward to a new OG, C and WR through the draft. I also believe that Doom will be re-signed and we will see Kupe get a long term deal.

Just thought I'd counterbalance what I believe to be a nutty OP.

arapaho2
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Strange. Everywhere you go to get news about the Broncos, there are two camps pasting each other over McD. Really nonproductive and boring.

FTR, I think McDaniels did about as well as he could with the team he had last year. Some parts broke down after Game 6, and I think the Oline had much to do with that. This Offseason, I see him making big changes that were warranted by the lessons of last year, and I am speaking of ON THE FIELD.

I also believe that Cutler had to go, and so did Marshall, Hamilton, Wiegmann and Sheffler. The Dline was greatly improved.

I look forward to a new OG, C and WR through the draft. I also believe that Doom will be re-signed and we will see Kupe get a long term deal.

wrong that same offensive team was a great deal better the year before

that oline that troubled mcd so much was considered the #1-2 offensive lines in 08

your right something broke down after game six...thats when the ravens laughed at how predictable our offense was and it was almost like they knew what we was calling...the defensive game plan against us was born

and the wonder boy did nothing to correct it

by big changes based off the lessons learned last year....do you mean we wont be running 10+ bubble screens a game any more?

Bosco
04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
wrong that same offensive team was a great deal better the year before Our offense dropped 4 spots from 2008 to 2009. 16th to 20th. I wouldn't call that a great decline even without taking factors into consideration.

that oline that troubled mcd so much was considered the #1-2 offensive lines in 08 We regressed at 3 of the 5 offensive line spots. One due to the system change (Hamilton) one due to age (Wiegmann) and another due to injury (Harris).

your right something broke down after game six...thats when the ravens laughed at how predictable our offense was and it was almost like they knew what we was calling...the defensive game plan against us was born The Ravens exposed us, but not for a predictable gameplan. They figured out that Hamilton and Wiegmann were huge weaknesses and once them and the Steelers exposed that, other teams had the book on us.

and the wonder boy did nothing to correct it Actually he did the only thing he could do, which is bench Hamilton is favor of Hochstein. That helped, but it still left us less than desirable in the middle and that late in the season you can't smoke and mirror your way around a poor line like you can in the first six weeks.

topscribe
04-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Welcome to the board! :welcome:

-----

NameUsedBefore
04-15-2010, 08:53 PM

Shouldn't you be out killing SPECTRE agents with dental floss or something?

sakic_avs
04-15-2010, 09:07 PM

Excellent points. I totally agree with your opinions. You make perfect sens in my opinion.

Lancane
04-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Is McDaniels what Denver needs?

Hmmm... What he did when he got here wasn't what the Broncos needed, does that make sense? He was the wrong coach at the time we hired him, the core of the offense was solid and it was the defense that had the most issues. Garrett, Spagnuolo, Dennison or Morris would have been the better choices.

Now that we have no offensive weapons, a quarterback that while solid at times is not all that great, overall have little offensive promise and a defense that should be better then it was last season...he might be the right coach now, because of the destitution of the team. I don't mind his 'Team Philosophy' or his approach to the game in general. But right now I have little to no faith because of the idiotic choices and his stubberness. I truly feel he's going to fail here and it will be a stepping stool for his career path in the future.

To be honest I think he's going to have a bad year, unless he has a real good draft and can cover the offensive gaps he's created and wins, and in winning shows promise that the team is headed in the right direction, if not I have a feeling that McDaniels will be let go days after the season ends.

Bosco
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Is McDaniels what Denver needs?

Hmmm... What he did when he got here wasn't what the Broncos needed, does that make sense? He was the wrong coach at the time we hired him, the core of the offense was solid and it was the defense that had the most issues. Garrett, Spagnuolo, Dennison or Morris would have been the better choices. I love it. You say that 16th ranked offense was "solid" yet you have two offensive coordinators on your list, one of which was nothing more than a glorified positional coach under Shanahan.

I also find it funny that for someone who rags on McD's experience, 3 of your 4 choices actually had less experience as coordinators at the pro level than McD, including Raheem Morris, who spent all of a month as the DC in Tampa before getting promoted to head coach.

Now that we have no offensive weapons We still have Moreno, Buckhalter, Graham, Scheffler (for the moment at least) Royal, Gaffney, Lloyd (if he puts it together) and an offensive line that should be in great shape pending the outcome of the center situation.

To be honest I think he's going to have a bad year, unless he has a real good draft and can cover the offensive gaps he's created and wins, and in winning shows promise that the team is headed in the right direction, if not I have a feeling that McDaniels will be let go days after the season ends. Unless we absolutely crash and burn next season (and I'm talking 3-13/4-12 type suck here), Josh will be back .

Lancane
04-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I love it. You say that 16th ranked offense was "solid" yet you have two offensive coordinators on your list, one of which was nothing more than a glorified positional coach under Shanahan.

I also find it funny that for someone who rags on McD's experience, 3 of your 4 choices actually had less experience as coordinators at the pro level than McD, including Raheem Morris, who spent all of a month as the DC in Tampa before getting promoted to head coach.

We still have Moreno, Buckhalter, Graham, Scheffler (for the moment at least) Royal, Gaffney, Lloyd (if he puts it together) and an offensive line that should be in great shape pending the outcome of the center situation.

Unless we absolutely crash and burn next season (and I'm talking 3-13/4-12 type suck here), Josh will be back .

First of, this is about the fourth or fifth time that you have stated something that is completely false; Denver had the second best overall offense in 08', it was our offensive scoring that hurt us. Which by the way along with the passing offense had gotten worse under McDaniels.

McDaniels had what a year more experience then Garrett, Dennison was equal in time at the position in Denver, Morris...granted, I have to admit you have a point there. And Spagnuolo had more experience as a coordinator then any of the above mentioned candidates.

Moreno and Buckhalter as a tandem couldn't even surpass Denver's run game the year before, the same run game that had not one back considered starter caliber. Gaffney, Lloyd and Royal, of the three we can surmise that Royal is the most talented yet he couldn't beat out Gaffney who is considered a bust for his draft position, he has literally been a dissapointment and is no more then a third wide, he is not a very solid number two. Royal had a slump, he may do better or he may not...even Ashley Lelie had a fluke year! Lloyd is a bigger joke then Gaffney, so that is promising and you consider them to be offensive weapons? As for Graham, he is a better blocking tight end then a pass catcher but he does well in the passing game, and almost everyone agrees that Scheffler is gone. I don't see anything promising about our offense give hopefully Moreno can have a breakout year, Clady is returning and Royal we hope is not another Lloyd or Gaffney!

As to your comment about McDaniels, I really don't care what you believe...but I do feel his butt is in the hot seat, he has much to prove and if I'm wrong it will be only by one season...but Bowlen only gave Phillips two years, and Shanahan went far in his second season. Bowlen wants to win, I don't believe he will get more time...we will just have to disagree on that.

Bosco
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
First of, this is about the fourth or fifth time that you have stated something that is completely false; Denver had the second best overall offense in 08', it was our offensive scoring that hurt us. Which by the way along with the passing offense had gotten worse under McDaniels. Here in the real world we rank our offenses by how many points they score, that being their goal and all. Denver was 16th in scoring in 2008. Indisputable fact.

McDaniels had what a year more experience then Garrett, Dennison was equal in time at the position in Denver, Morris...granted, I have to admit you have a point there. And Spagnuolo had more experience as a coordinator then any of the above mentioned candidates. Josh actually had a year on Garrett as QB coach and 2 years on him as the OC. He also had 1 more year of coordinator experience than Spags.

Moreno and Buckhalter as a tandem couldn't even surpass Denver's run game the year before, the same run game that had not one back considered starter caliber. See: Offensive line troubles (2009)

Gaffney, Lloyd and Royal, of the three we can surmise that Royal is the most talented He is.

yet he couldn't beat out Gaffney Not true. Gaffney plays a much different role in the offense. He took some snaps from Royal simply based on the fact that he knew the offense, but that is beyond Royal's control and otherwise they do not compete for snaps.

who is considered a bust for his draft position You show me someone who calls Gaffney a bust and I'll show you someone who should just quit talking football.

he has literally been a dissapointment Wait...is he a disappointment or a bust?

and is no more then a third wide, he is not a very solid number two. He's a passable #2, and a very good #3. Most would argue that he's an upper echelon #3 and I would agree.

Royal had a slump, he may do better or he may not Off course he had a slump. A 2nd year receiver playing in his 2nd offensive system being shuffled between two positions one of which he was a poor fit for...yeah, that's a recipe for a slump.

...even Ashley Lelie had a fluke year! Ashley gave us some pretty decent production considering we used him almost exclusively as a deep threat with a quarterback who had poor accuracy on his deep ball.

Lloyd is a bigger joke then Gaffney, so that is promising and you consider them to be offensive weapons? Lloyd is a very talented receiver. To date, his biggest problem has been dedication to the sport. If the talk last year of him really getting his head in the game is true, yeah he could be a legitimate threat for us.

As for Graham, he is a better blocking tight end then a pass catcher but he does well in the passing game Graham actually entered the league as a pass catching tight end, but in New England he just happened to develop into an elite blocking tight end as well. He's not the type to stretch the field deep but he's a bulldozer who can catch the ball in the short and medium range before racking up YAC.

and almost everyone agrees that Scheffler is gone. As do I, but at the moment he's still here and a part of this team.

As to your comment about McDaniels, I really don't care what you believe...but I do feel his butt is in the hot seat, he has much to prove and if I'm wrong it will be only by one season...but Bowlen only gave Phillips two years, and Shanahan went far in his second season. Bowlen wants to win, I don't believe he will get more time...we will just have to disagree on that. I could say the same about you, but the fact remains that Bowlen is a very patient owner, has completely bought into Josh's style and will no doubt take into consideration the bullshit Cutler and Marshall added to this last calendar year.

You can believe me or not, but I'm telling you that barring a downright horrible year, Josh will be back in 2011.

James Bond
04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
wrong that same offensive team was a great deal better the year before

that oline that troubled mcd so much was considered the #1-2 offensive lines in 08

your right something broke down after game six...thats when the ravens laughed at how predictable our offense was and it was almost like they knew what we was calling...the defensive game plan against us was born

and the wonder boy did nothing to correct it

by big changes based off the lessons learned last year....do you mean we wont be running 10+ bubble screens a game any more?

"Wonder boy"? Do you have a juvenile-level fixation with uncouth epithets? With your level of maturity, I have a hard time listening to anything you say.....

topscribe
04-16-2010, 12:11 AM
"Wonder boy"? Do you have a juvenile-level fixation with uncouth epithets? With your level of maturity, I have a hard time listening to anything you say.....

Who, Rap?

Nah, he's not immature. Decieved, maybe. Misguided. Kind of odd.

But not immature. :D

-----

DenBronx
04-16-2010, 12:32 AM

1st down = dive left
2nd down = bubble screen
3rd down = dive left
4th down = punt

repeat

what's the point of keeping play makers if your play calling is wack. no wonder McNazi shipped out every single play maker....he doesn't need them because any scrub can catch a 2 yard bubble screen.

i'm sure our offense is going to strike fear in defenses for years to come. yayyyyyyy i think i might join the kyle orton army bandwagon now......NOT.

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2010, 12:52 AM

We can only HOPE to be that good. At least we're moving in the right direction IMO. Patriots have a group of players who PUT THE TEAM FIRST.

Since 2000:
Patriots Division Championships: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (7)
Patriots Playoff Appearances: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (7)
Patriots Super Bowl Appearances: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007 (4)
Patriots Super Bowl Wins: 2001, 2003, 2004 (3)

Broncos Division Championships: 2005 (1)
Broncos Playoff Apperances: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005 (4)
Broncos Super Bowl Appearances: None (0)
Broncos Super Bowl Wins: None (0)

I don't necessarily LIKE the Patriots, but you've got to respect what they've done over the past decade. They've been consistently one of the best teams in the league. Even the 1 year they missed the playoffs (2008) they finished 11-5 on the season. Denver should and does aspire to be that as well. McDaniels learned from the guy who has turned the Patriots into a great team. He's doing what he knows to do. If you put yourself above the team, then you won't be here long as we're all finding out. I was upset as anybody over the Marshall trade. Probably MORE upset than most people. Marshall has been my favorite player since we drafted him. But he showed that he didn't want to be in Denver, and Denver didn't want him because of the way he conducted himself. People need to stop bitching about the team. Either support the Broncos or don't. But stop complaining about everything that we do. Literally we could win the Super Bowl this year (not saying we're going to), and people would STILL bitch and cry because we didn't do it the way they wanted us to. It's seriously ridiculous.

Clay, I get you're pissed about losing Cutler and Marshall. I know you don't like McD. How about we give him more than 1 year to try and get us where he's trying to before bashing EVERY move that he makes man... He's the head coach of YOUR favorite football team so give the guy a break. Players come and go all the time in the NFL. It's time to move on, look forward to the draft and hope that maybe McD knows a little more about football and the things going on in the Denver organization than we do. With all the picks we've aquired we've got a good shot at adding some real impact players and developing some new stars. A championship team isn't built overnight. I believe we're moving in the right direction with team first players. As long as McDaniels is MY teams head coach, I'll support him. Does it mean I'm thrilled with everything he does? Absolutely not, but you get mad, you voice your opinion and then you move on. Don't keep beating the dead horse. I can't remember the last post you made that didn't involve how pissed you were about us getting rid of somebody or hating McDaniels. Talk about how you're excited about who we might draft or something. We're all Broncos fans, but if all we're doing is bashing the team it's not productive in any way. It's just the same thing over and over, and it's getting tiresome.

Shazam!
04-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Since 2000:

I don't necessarily LIKE the Patriots, but you've got to respect what they've done over the past decade. They've been consistently one of the best teams in the league. Even the 1 year they missed the playoffs (2008) they finished 11-5 on the season. Denver should and does aspire to be that as well. McDaniels learned from the guy who has turned the Patriots into a great team. He's doing what he knows to do. If you put yourself above the team, then you won't be here long as we're all finding out. I was upset as anybody over the Marshall trade. Probably MORE upset than most people. Marshall has been my favorite player since we drafted him. But he showed that he didn't want to be in Denver, and Denver didn't want him because of the way he conducted himself. People need to stop bitching about the team. Either support the Broncos or don't. But stop complaining about everything that we do. Literally we could win the Super Bowl this year (not saying we're going to), and people would STILL bitch and cry because we didn't do it the way they wanted us to. It's seriously ridiculous.

Clay, I get you're pissed about losing Cutler and Marshall. I know you don't like McD. How about we give him more than 1 year to try and get us where he's trying to before bashing EVERY move that he makes man... He's the head coach of YOUR favorite football team so give the guy a break. Players come and go all the time in the NFL. It's time to move on, look forward to the draft and hope that maybe McD knows a little more about football and the things going on in the Denver organization than we do. With all the picks we've aquired we've got a good shot at adding some real impact players and developing some new stars. A championship team isn't built overnight. I believe we're moving in the right direction with team first players. As long as McDaniels is MY teams head coach, I'll support him. Does it mean I'm thrilled with everything he does? Absolutely not, but you get mad, you voice your opinion and then you move on. Don't keep beating the dead horse. I can't remember the last post you made that didn't involve how pissed you were about us getting rid of somebody or hating McDaniels. Talk about how you're excited about who we might draft or something. We're all Broncos fans, but if all we're doing is bashing the team it's not productive in any way. It's just the same thing over and over, and it's getting tiresome.

:beer:

weazel
04-16-2010, 10:03 AM

2 posts in and you have arapaho nailed already

CoachChaz
04-16-2010, 10:09 AM
We can only HOPE to be that good. At least we're moving in the right direction IMO. Patriots have a group of players who PUT THE TEAM FIRST.

Since 2000:

I guessed you missed the memo where this is NOT AN OPTION.

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2010, 10:34 AM
what's the point of keeping play makers if your play calling is wack. no wonder McNazi shipped out every single play maker....he doesn't need them because any scrub can catch a 2 yard bubble screen.

i'm sure our offense is going to strike fear in defenses for years to come. yayyyyyyy i think i might join the kyle orton army bandwagon now......NOT.

I think you need to change your "adopted Broncos" players. You can keep Scheffler until he's gone but the rest of those players are no longer BRONCOS. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the changes but holding onto the past isn't going to bring the back. Time to find some new favorite players.

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Maybe we should ask Tned to either add a new forum called urinate and moan or rename BT to Bronco Whine.

I have only been on a bit the past few days, but IMHO and mine alone this has gone to new extemes.

Glad I have been busy elsewhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

CoachChaz
04-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Maybe we should ask Tned to either add a new forum called urinate and moan or rename BT to Bronco Whine.

I have only been on a bit the past few days, but IMHO and mine alone this has gone to new extemes.

Glad I have been busy elsewhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

I understand what you are saying, but I always try to find the entertainment value in it all.

claymore
04-16-2010, 11:21 AM

Half of its in jest. I cant think of another human being I like less then McDaniels, but it has reached a point where I really dont care what he does.

Im just waiting for him to be fired.

Northman
04-16-2010, 11:30 AM
To be fair, Clay and Dread have made it clear they just dont like the guy so i cant fault them for their opinions on it. Sometimes a celeb or athlete just rubs you the wrong way just like Marshall does for me. But i at least appreciate that they are being honest about it and not trying to sugar coat it with false truths etc.

Nomad
04-16-2010, 11:36 AM
To be fair, Clay and Dread have made it clear they just dont like the guy so i cant fault them for their opinions on it. Sometimes a celeb or athlete just rubs you the wrong way just like Marshall does for me. But i at least appreciate that they are being honest about it and not trying to sugar coat it with false truths etc.

I don't and couldn't stand Cutler but I hear he's supposedly a really good QB!! haven't seen it yet:coffee: And as far as Marshall, I liked him but it was a trust factor whether he could straighten up or not! I want McDaniels to succeed and I don't like or dislike him. I can't stand the side of the fence Obama's on but I would really love to see him succeed for our country's sake.

Northman
04-16-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't and couldn't stand Cutler but I hear he's supposedly a really good QB!! haven't seen it yet:coffee: And as far as Marshall, I liked him but it was a trust factor whether he could straighten up or not! I want McDaniels to succeed and I don't like or dislike him. I can't stand the side of the fence Obama's on but I would really love to see him succeed for our country's sake.

Im sure everyone has some players that played for us that they just couldnt stand. To this day i still hate Shanahan for picking up Dale Carter because he was the biggest POS human being if there ever was one.

topscribe
04-16-2010, 11:38 AM

Yes, but they need a little grief now and then.

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. :D

-----

claymore
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Ive never liked Champ Bailey either. I faked getting excited when he intercpets passes.

T.K.O.
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Half of its in jest. I cant think of another human being I like less then McDaniels, but it has reached a point where I really dont care what he does.

in other news....... broncos coach josh mcdaniels reacts after discovering he is claymore's
"most hated man alive"

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Northman
04-16-2010, 11:51 AM
I still laugh that media got all worked up over his cussing. The guy is trying to fire up the team and is showing more passion than i saw from Shanny the last 6 or so years before his dismissal.

Nomad
04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
in other news....... broncos coach josh mcdaniels reacts after discovering he is claymore's
"most hated man alive"

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkzALAmawfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

We could get clay really drunk and have McDaniels tattoed on his chest:D

Northman
04-16-2010, 12:02 PM

That would be awesome. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

claymore
04-16-2010, 12:03 PM

I would light myself on fire and throw myself off a cliff.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I still laugh that media got all worked up over his cussing. The guy is trying to fire up the team and is showing more passion than i saw from Shanny the last 6 or so years before his dismissal.

yeah.. even I foudn that to be stupid. But Shanahan just wasn't that type of guy, I don't take that away from Shanahan....for I don't think you see Parcells jumpng up and down, and you certainly don't see an ounce of emotion from Bellicheck.

But the media griping about McD's cussing, was just really dumb.

topscribe
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Ive never liked Champ Bailey either. I faked getting excited when he intercpets passes.

Mmm-hmm . . . that's not all you fake.

The goat is onto you, bub . . .

-----

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Actually I have to say I was not pleased when he was hired I really wanted a D guy Spags was my #1 choice.

But when you listen to what he wanted to do with an objective mind then it is clear where he is going with the TEAM.

I did not like hiring the new LS until I heard from the Punters that not only does he not miss a snap he actually asked them where they wanted the snap to go and they all said he puts it there and only there. Not left or right , high or low, of it but dead center almost every time.

Then it made sense, while our old guy was a damned fine LS thats was also in on many of the downfield tackles, Lonnie was better.

As for changing blocking schemes While the ZBS was great between the 20's we sucked in the red zone or short yardage situations and have for almost a decade. Combine the light in the shorts OLINE guys and light RB's we rarely had a chance except if someone screwed up and tackle.

mikes abhorrence to spending day one picks on LOS players is what doomed his fate IMO. You can get away with lighter RB's IF you have a hole for them to run into. But you can't get away with both.

Him trying to rebuild the LOS makes way to much sense and I do not understand why no one else but me gets it.

claymore
04-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Actually I have to say I was not pleased when he was hired I really wanted a D guy Spags was my #1 choice.

But when you listen to what he wanted to do with an objective mind then it is clear where he is going with the TEAM.

I did not like hiring the new LS until I heard from the Punters that not only does he not miss a snap he actually asked them where they wanted the snap to go and they all said he puts it there and only there. Not left or right , high or low, of it but dead center almost every time.

Then it made sense, while our old guy was a damned fine LS thats was also in on many of the downfield tackles, Lonnie was better.

As for changing blocking schemes While the ZBS was great between the 20's we sucked in the red zone or short yardage situations and have for almost a decade. Combine the light in the shorts OLINE guys and light RB's we rarely had a chance except if someone screwed up and tackle.

mikes abhorrence to spending day one picks on LOS players is what doomed his fate IMO. You can get away with lighter RB's IF you have a hole for them to run into. But you can't get away with both.

Him trying to rebuild the LOS makes way to much sense and I do not understand why no one else but me gets it.

It makes sense. But he has yet to do it. In fact he has made it worse. Thats the issue.

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 12:12 PM

If you were a real man it could be on your genitalia.:D

Down Periscope is one of my favorite movies.

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 12:15 PM
It makes sense. But he has yet to do it. In fact he has made it worse. Thats the issue.

you can only move so fast building a team,

HE could have blown up the OLINE last year, but I'm pretty convince that having the rave reviews of the year before and Dennison he wanted to see for sure what they could do before scrapping the middle of the OLINE.

SAme for the DLINE he got the players that nolan wanted.

Not sure what else you could ask him to do?

How has he made it worse?

claymore
04-16-2010, 12:18 PM
you can only move so fast building a team,

HE could have blown up the OLINE last year, but I'm pretty convince that having the rave reviews of the year before and Dennison he wanted to see for sure what they could do before scrapping the middle of the OLINE.

SAme for the DLINE he got the players that nolan wanted.

Not sure what else you could ask him to do?

How has he made it worse?

I wouldnt know where to start when asking him to do stuff differentley. But its over.

No excuses this year. Its all on him. Hopefully the CFL OL coach knows what he's doing.

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2010, 01:44 PM

How did he make our O and D lines worse?

Clady, Hochstein, (open at the moment), Kuper, Harris

Clearly Hamilton SUCKED last year. Weigmann also got pushed back and around a bunch last year. Hochstein didn't do much better so I wouldn't be surprised to see him be replaced either.

D line is DEFINITELY better.

Bannan, Williams, Green: Still have Ronald Fields (who played very good for us), Chris Baker, Ryan McBean, LeKevin Smith

Our OLB/DE are pretty stout too.
Dumervil, Ayers, Haggan, Baraka Atkins, Darrell Reid, Jarvis Moss

Obviously there's still room for improvement but he picked up some good help in FA this year and we haven't even had the draft yet. Losing Brandon Marshall in no way affected our O and D lines man. I don't know which team you think you're following but neither of our lines have gotten worse. We don't know what's going to happen w/ LG or C yet and our Dline has been improved vastly.

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Im sure everyone has some players that played for us that they just couldnt stand. To this day i still hate Shanahan for picking up Dale Carter because he was the biggest POS human being if there ever was one.

Eddie Kennison.

Northman
04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
yeah.. even I foudn that to be stupid. But Shanahan just wasn't that type of guy, I don't take that away from Shanahan....for I don't think you see Parcells jumpng up and down, and you certainly don't see an ounce of emotion from Bellicheck.

But the media griping about McD's cussing, was just really dumb.

Although Shanny was never THAT emotional he was much more energetic and showed more concern back in the day. I think he lost his drive and thus i think he found it and its why he is back in coaching. I never saw him get upset or elated towards the end of his time which was different than when we were winning Super Bowls.

Lancane
04-16-2010, 01:50 PM

Actually I can't stop laughing everytime I hear it... I really don't give a damn that he cursed...

I think people would be surprised at the amount of coaches that do, I never had a coach who didn't, even our little league coach did...lol

Northman
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Actually I can't stop laughing everytime I hear it... I really don't give a damn that he cursed...

I think people would be surprised at the amount of coaches that do, I never had a coach who didn't, even our little league coach did...lol

No shit. Had they been doing a lot of recording back when Dikta was coaching they would of have a laundry list of cursing and what not. Dikta looked like his head was going to explode at any moment. :lol:

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2010, 01:54 PM

Could be quite a while bud:

April 11, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-big_expectations_in_denver_html-2010411

Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is upbeat about the future, expressing confidence that young coach Josh McDaniels is going to deliver a consistent winner.

McDaniels is Bowlen’s third coach, and there’s a high standard for him to reach following Dan Reeves, who went to three Super Bowls, and Mike Shanahan, who earned two Super Bowl rings with the Broncos.

“We have a year under our belt here and he’s really grown a lot,’’ Bowlen told Albert Breer of the Boston Globe. “He had all the right tools. Obviously, being in New England, he was well-schooled. I’m there every day, so I see him. I think he’s going to be a great coach.

“When you come in and you’re thrust from assistant coach to head coach, that’s a big adjustment, especially for someone his age. The real question mark in a lot of people’s minds, even in the organization, was, ‘Can this young guy handle the job?’ I think he showed us he can do that.’’

McDaniels, 33, hasn’t been shy about making tough decisions, even controversial ones like jettisoning quarterback Jay Cutler(notes).

“I was trying to do what I felt was best for the team, and really focusing on doing what I was familiar with, what I knew,’’ McDaniels said. “This year, I feel like I’ve learned stuff from last year that I didn’t know, and that we’ve got plenty to feel good about. That said, there are things we can be better and more effective with.’’

Bowlen said he’s committed long-term to McDaniels.

“I’m not going to hire him and two or three years out let him go,’’ Bowlen said. “If he wasn’t a high-caliber guy and a great coach, or didn’t have the opportunity to be a great coach, that’d be different. He has, in my mind, a great future with the Broncos and is going to be here for a long time.’’

Traveler
04-16-2010, 01:57 PM

You are not alone my friend. It seems like it took Shanny drafting Clady to understand how much better the offense would be when you have blue chip talent along the OL.

Seems he forgot the stud LT that Zimmerman was. He seemed intent to continually try to make chicken salad with chicken shit!

Lancane
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
No shit. Had they been doing a lot of recording back when Dikta was coaching they would of have a laundry list of cursing and what not. Dikta looked like his head was going to explode at any moment. :lol:

That's no lie, Tom Landry I heard was quite foulmouthed himself...

Funniest thing ever was when I heard Coach Saban say "My Ass, what the shit are you doing?" We were like what did he say...lol.

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
How did he make our O and D lines worse?

Clady, Hochstein, (open at the moment), Kuper, Harris

Clearly Hamilton SUCKED last year. Weigmann also got pushed back and around a bunch last year. Hochstein didn't do much better so I wouldn't be surprised to see him be replaced either.

D line is DEFINITELY better.

Bannan, Williams, Green: Still have Ronald Fields (who played very good for us), Chris Baker, Ryan McBean, LeKevin Smith

Our OLB/DE are pretty stout too.
Dumervil, Ayers, Haggan, Baraka Atkins, Darrell Reid, Jarvis Moss

Obviously there's still room for improvement but he picked up some good help in FA this year and we haven't even had the draft yet. Losing Brandon Marshall in no way affected our O and D lines man. I don't know which team you think you're following but neither of our lines have gotten worse. We don't know what's going to happen w/ LG or C yet and our Dline has been improved vastly.

Hell Hamilton has been the weak link for a LONG time there was hardly a season that he was able to keep form being pushed into the QB pocket.

While lots of folks are high on Harris I see him as a liability, good while he is on the field but not great. NEed to use him as a back up IMO.

Kuper has the makings of an outstanding ORG just needs a few more pounds 7+ of muscle and an TAD more MEAN and NAsty in his jock strap and he is worth paying a lot more money, next year.

We need an OLG and center in the draft and will be concerned if we do not use at least the seconds on them if not #11 on Iupati and then one of the 2's on a great top center.

If we can do this we are set on the OLINE for a decade.

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 02:02 PM

April 11, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-big_expectations_in_denver_html-2010411

Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is upbeat about the future, expressing confidence that young coach Josh McDaniels is going to deliver a consistent winner.

McDaniels is Bowlen’s third coach, and there’s a high standard for him to reach following Dan Reeves, who went to three Super Bowls, and Mike Shanahan, who earned two Super Bowl rings with the Broncos.

“We have a year under our belt here and he’s really grown a lot,’’ Bowlen told Albert Breer of the Boston Globe. “He had all the right tools. Obviously, being in New England, he was well-schooled. I’m there every day, so I see him. I think he’s going to be a great coach.

“When you come in and you’re thrust from assistant coach to head coach, that’s a big adjustment, especially for someone his age. The real question mark in a lot of people’s minds, even in the organization, was, ‘Can this young guy handle the job?’ I think he showed us he can do that.’’

McDaniels, 33, hasn’t been shy about making tough decisions, even controversial ones like jettisoning quarterback Jay Cutler(notes).

“I was trying to do what I felt was best for the team, and really focusing on doing what I was familiar with, what I knew,’’ McDaniels said. “This year, I feel like I’ve learned stuff from last year that I didn’t know, and that we’ve got plenty to feel good about. That said, there are things we can be better and more effective with.’’

“I’m not going to hire him and two or three years out let him go,’’ Bowlen said. “If he wasn’t a high-caliber guy and a great coach, or didn’t have the opportunity to be a great coach, that’d be different. He has, in my mind, a great future with the Broncos and is going to be here for a long time.’’

Actually it is Pats Fourth coach. reeves, numbnuts, mike and Josh

Tempus Fugit
04-16-2010, 02:03 PM

Personal animosity is not a valid justification for crappy analysis.

Lancane
04-16-2010, 02:06 PM

Jr., Reeves became the coach in 1981, Pat Bowlen purchased the Broncos in 1984. Just so you know...

Northman
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Personal animosity is not a valid justification for crappy analysis.

Doesnt have to be, they just flat out dont like the guy which is just valid honesty. They all have reasons why they do or dont like McDaniels. It doesnt make you the brainchild with all the answers either. Its all just opinions and some base it off one thing or another.

topscribe
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Jr., Reeves became the coach in 1981, Pat Bowlen purchased the Broncos in 1984. Just so you know...

JR was there. ;)

You have to keep in mind that the old feller forgets . . . :D

-----

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
You are not alone my friend. It seems like it took Shanny drafting Clady to understand how much better the offense would be when you have blue chip talent along the OL.

Seems he forgot the stud LT that Zimmerman was. He seemed intent to continually try to make chicken salad with chicken shit!

I think he dabbled when he stuck his toe in the water with Foster, and that bust soured him for a few years more, had Lepsis not went down and then been a druggie we would have passed on Clady also.

mike thought he was a wizard at drafting lite in the ass OLINE guys that frankly NO one else would keep on the roster. He was successful until he changed the passing scheme when dingier came to town to accommodate jay as a pocket passer. our running game was ok to great deepening on the year and as long as we were a top O, (atlas between the 20's) everyone was happy.

BUT every year he would say the same thing at the EOY presser and before the draft we have to improve in the RED zone.

But to do that you have to be able to move the pile inside the 5 and in short yardage situation something we just could not do consistently.

With some bigger guys on the OLINE that is more likely to happen, plus it allows the QB a bit more time to survey the field instead of going to the #1 option each time. It also allows other receivers time to get open. this is a win win in all areas IF we beef the LOS.

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM

But unless someone else was writing the checks he worked for Pat I read it this way not as "HIRED"

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Doesnt have to be, they just flat out dont like the guy which is just valid honesty. They all have reasons why they do or dont like McDaniels. It doesnt make you the brainchild with all the answers either. Its all just opinions and some base it off one thing or another.

There is a fine line between liking and hating.

some act like Josh has done nothing right for the franchise,

thinking he will make us into a DET, OAK or CLE.

Where there is just no justification in that.

He has identified issues and has taken steps to fix them.

PErhaps he could have added BEEF to the LOS last year but I suspect he allowed his coaches to dissuade him from doing so and allowed them to sink or swim.

I bet everyone here believes that the LOS sucked last year while it was better than 08 on the Dline it still sucked at the EOY.

well folks he took steps to fix that

Only so many UFA out there and and his model is and has been DRAFT the future.

If he has not taken steps to fix the OLG and Center issue in the draft then I may be a bit more critical in the future.

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I forgot to mention Seth Olsen earlier. He could potentially be our new LG or C as well. He's definitely got the size, and he was good in college. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I believe McDaniels has us headed in the right direction and apparently Bowlen does too.

Northman
04-16-2010, 02:45 PM
There is a fine line between liking and hating.

some act like Josh has done nothing right for the franchise,

thinking he will make us into a DET, OAK or CLE.

Where there is just no justification in that.

How do you know? Do you have a crystal ball? You dont know any better than the other guy.

He has identified issues and has taken steps to fix them.

I can say that for any coach who has failed in the NFL too. You think Mangini, Crennel, etc wasnt trying to do that too? lol

Fact is, for some of those who have no hope there are those who think the man can do no wrong and try to use justification by slamming the prior coach and discrediting his tenure in Denver. Yes, that was a jab at you because i think you are out of your mind to discredit Shanahan the way you have the past several months to try and give basis to what McDaniels is doing. Im still of the wait and see approach and although i agree with some moves he has made i question quite a few others and try to remain objective without swaying to one extreme of the other. Yes, McD has only been here one year and will have at least this year or next to prove his worth i believe but right now there's nothing that screams "championship" to me and in the end thats all i want. If i as a fan wanted to live with just winning and playing .500 ball we might as well stuck with Shanahan as he was essentially rebuilding before he left. But dont try to lecture me just because i understand what some of the other members are feeling Jr. None of us know where this is going and some have varied points of view which they are ENTITLED too feel. Does it get annoying reading posts about how pathetic we are or how wonderful McD is every 5 seconds? Yes. But i rather have fellow fans who are honest and passionate than people who just dont care.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 02:58 PM

April 11, 2010

Bowlen also stated that Cutler was the face of our Franchise and Marshall would be here.

Honestly.. this is something you WANT your owner to say. I wouldn't want him to say anything different about a HC that was for sure going to be here the next season, and he shouldn't say anything else. But that doesn't make it a fact.

topscribe
04-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Bowlen also stated that Cutler was the face of our Franchise and Marshall would be here.

Honestly.. this is something you WANT your owner to say. I wouldn't want him to say anything different about a HC that was for sure going to be here the next season, and he shouldn't say anything else. But that doesn't make it a fact.

On the other hand, Bowlen would not have hired him if he did not believe it, would he?
So, while that doesn't automatically make it a fact, neither should we automatically
discount it as an untruth . . .

-----

Thnikkaman
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM

That year with numbnuts was horrible.

Ziggy
04-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Bowlen is a patient owner. People will point at Wade Phillips being fired after 2 years. Phillips was a coach only, and a bad one. Bowlen also knew that he had Shanny waiting in the wings. I believe that Bowlen hired McD, and will commit at least 3 years to him before he even thinks about firing him.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 05:03 PM
On the other hand, Bowlen would not have hired him if he did not believe it, would he?
So, while that doesn't automatically make it a fact, neither should we automatically

-----

this is just going to go in circles... I don't know why you are qualifying this.. but ok.

Just as Bowlen wasn't lying about Cutler and Marshall, didn't change the facts of the outcome.... they are gone.

So,no, I'm not saying its not truth. However, just because he says (McD) going to be here 'a while' just means thats what he's saying. Not that he doesn't mean it when he says it, but it desn't mean by 3/4 the way through the season, or offseason next year, that doesn't change. Just that those words are not, in any way, iron clad. They are just words that are not in any way, a guarantee that they remain fact... whatsoever. Just because they aren't lies, doesn't mean they are promises.

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 05:12 PM
How do you know? Do you have a crystal ball? You dont know any better than the other guy.

I can say that for any coach who has failed in the NFL too. You think Mangini, Crennel, etc wasnt trying to do that too? lol

Fact is, for some of those who have no hope there are those who think the man can do no wrong and try to use justification by slamming the prior coach and discrediting his tenure in Denver. Yes, that was a jab at you because i think you are out of your mind to discredit Shanahan the way you have the past several months to try and give basis to what McDaniels is doing. Im still of the wait and see approach and although i agree with some moves he has made i question quite a few others and try to remain objective without swaying to one extreme of the other. Yes, McD has only been here one year and will have at least this year or next to prove his worth i believe but right now there's nothing that screams "championship" to me and in the end thats all i want. If i as a fan wanted to live with just winning and playing .500 ball we might as well stuck with Shanahan as he was essentially rebuilding before he left. But dont try to lecture me just because i understand what some of the other members are feeling Jr. None of us know where this is going and some have varied points of view which they are ENTITLED too feel. Does it get annoying reading posts about how pathetic we are or how wonderful McD is every 5 seconds? Yes. But i rather have fellow fans who are honest and passionate than people who just dont care.

Sorry you feel like I think it should only be positive post or that you think mike was on the right track. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.:salute:

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 05:13 PM
That year with numbnuts was horrible.

Believe it was TWO years but only felt like 8. :laugh::laugh:

Lonestar
04-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Bowlen is a patient owner. People will point at Wade Phillips being fired after 2 years. Phillips was a coach only, and a bad one. Bowlen also knew that he had Shanny waiting in the wings. I believe that Bowlen hired McD, and will commit at least 3 years to him before he even thinks about firing him.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Knowing you had an option in mike and the only reason he did not take the job was because he wanted total control.

That was easily fixed by giving up control and mike was back.

I believe that Pat would not have hired him if he did not believe he KNEW what he wanted to do.

SUre he wanted jay and BM and other players, I'd guess if they had been the TEAM first guys he wants he would have taken them under his wing and made them special.

But they had OTHER priorities than being a TEAM mate.

I'm happy that they found new homes and may find peace there.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2010, 05:28 PM
:lol: yeah.. thats it. They weren't TEAM oriented! :lol: Unbelievable. :coffee:

Lancane
04-16-2010, 05:40 PM

-----

Tell that to Wade Phillips...

Gimpygod
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM

Partial truth, first he benches them for no reason then kicks them and then finally cuts them because they dont thank him for being kicked:beer: