PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Mike Bell?

omac
04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
He went from a rookie who challenged Tatum Bell, to the #2 when we got Henry, to the #3 when Selvin beat him out, to the fullback backup.

How'd a guy that started with some promise just disappear?

Any news on his situation? Before last season, I thought he was at least worthy of a decent trade.

r8rh8r
04-22-2008, 07:32 PM
He went from a rookie who challenged Tatum Bell, to the #2 when we got Henry, to the #3 when Selvin beat him out, to the fullback backup.

Any news on his situation? Before last season, I thought he was at least worthy of a decent trade.

In January there was some speculation that he'll be dealt on draft day. He's got a minimum deal for 2 more years and he's beefed up to 225. We could potentially recover one of those picks we give up to get D-Rob.

lex
04-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Who cares? He's a roster filler.

omac
04-22-2008, 07:49 PM
In January there was some speculation that he'll be dealt on draft day. He's got a minimum deal for 2 more years and he's beefed up to 225. We could potentially recover one of those picks we give up to get D-Rob.

Cool, hopefully there's some interest.

omac
04-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Who cares? He's a roster filler.

I care, because we could've gotten some value for him if we traded him when his stock was higher, after his rookie season. Last season only brought his stock down.

Buff
04-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll also be interested to see what happens with Mike... He definitely showed some promise 2 seasons ago, then fell out of favor with Shanahan... I guess the bigger question is why did he fall out of favor and can he overcome that or is he forever relegated to Shanny's doghouse?

Davii
04-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll also be interested to see what happens with Mike... He definitely showed some promise 2 seasons ago, then fell out of favor with Shanahan... I guess the bigger question is why did he fall out of favor and can he overcome that or is he forever relegated to Shanny's doghouse?

Just as a big a question in my mind...

What other options do we have at FB?

HolyDiver
04-22-2008, 08:00 PM

Henry, Young and Hall are all better backs.................I think alot of fans...........especially on this site, under estimate the talent of these three backs.................Even Andre Hall is good enough to be our feature back and do very well................Mike Bell is still a pretty good back in the BRONCOS system..............But I don't see how he even makes the team. Unless we keep 6 Runningbacks, I say he'll be waived...............It would be nice to try and trade him for a 7th round pick...............He still has potential.

rcsodak
04-22-2008, 08:00 PM

It's called....

...f u m b l i t i s ....... :cool:

rcsodak
04-22-2008, 08:02 PM

There's a stud I heard about...out of Arkansas, methinks.....

...anybody heard of him? A razor fan told me a little about him. Sounds interesting.

EDIT: haha....Hillis. At least Shanny reads my posts.... lol

HolyDiver
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM

We do have a Fullback on the roster that weighs 255................I think his name is Stephen Jackson.............24 years old or so............Plus Sapp and the guy we signed last year, Paul Smith.

rcsodak
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Henry, Young and Hall are all better backs.................I think alot of fans...........especially on this site, under estimate the talent of these three backs.................Even Andre Hall is good enough to be our feature back and do very well................Mike Bell is still a pretty good back in the BRONCOS system..............But I don't see how he even makes the team. Unless we keep 6 Runningbacks, I say he'll be waived...............It would be nice to try and trade him for a 7th round pick...............He still has potential.

I doubt anybody's going to give up a pick when they can clearly see he's on the bottom of the totem pole, and will be a likely waiver wire pickup come summer. He was an UDA, and Shanny got out of him what he had to give. There's a reason nobody else wanted him....

HolyDiver
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I doubt anybody's going to give up a pick when they can clearly see he's on the bottom of the totem pole, and will be a likely waiver wire pickup come summer. He was an UDA, and Shanny got out of him what he had to give. There's a reason nobody else wanted him....

Pretty much...............But the Texans or Atlanta could use him....They use the same system as we do.

omac
04-22-2008, 08:11 PM

Yep, that's the big question. Mike seemed to be pretty high on him before that ... the team's best cut-back runner, he said. Funny how things change.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-22-2008, 08:15 PM
fodder. we'll cut him and get nothing

rcsodak
04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Yep, that's the big question. Mike seemed to be pretty high on him before that ... the team's best cut-back runner, he said. Funny how things change.

That was PRE selvin, though, wasn't it??? :confused:

broncosfanscott
04-22-2008, 08:27 PM

With the way RBs change in Denver lately I am not surprised, yet I am. If we do get rid of him this weekend hopefully we can get some good picks in return. I mean he has the potential to help a team out even if he isn't the main RB.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2008, 08:29 PM
......Mike Bell is headed for the Pro Bowl:

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player/6505

Head coach Mike Shanahan adds, "I think Mike can be a Pro Bowl fullback. I really do. He can be a special player there."<------Yeah! That's the ticket!......

broncosfanscott
04-22-2008, 08:41 PM
......Mike Bell is headed for the Pro Bowl:

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player/6505

Head coach Mike Shanahan adds, "I think Mike can be a Pro Bowl fullback. I really do. He can be a special player there."<------Yeah! That's the ticket!......

If he can pick that up well, then that will definatly help our running game.

hamrob
04-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Picture Sam Adams running the 40, looking back over his shoulder at Bell. The kid is slow...likes to jump up in the air when there's contact and loses the rock too often! That's Mike Bell.

DenBronx
04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
just deal mike bell already....even if its for a 7th. get him off of our roster and off the books. we already have enough backs and seems like were trying to target one again this year in the draft.

jrelway
04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
latest news on mike bell is that he sucks. he damned himself by taking TD's number 30. he can go shimmy himself to another team. he cant even cut it as a fullback.

broncosfanscott
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
latest news on mike bell is that he sucks. he damned himself by taking TD's number 30. he can go shimmy himself to another team. he cant even cut it as a fullback.

Yeah, he jinxed himself and only got 3 yds. No Denver RB will live up to #30 but TD.

tubby
04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
The shimmy is ghey.

Skinny
04-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Last year GB had a tough stretch during final cuts where all their RBs were getting injured. They were interested in trading for Bell but decided on Ryan Grant instead. You never know, another common scenerio like that one may present itself. Hang onto him as long as possible.

Stargazer
04-23-2008, 03:51 AM
Mike Bell likes to fumble at the wrong time. His only chance to make this squad is to block.

Stargazer
04-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Last year GB had a tough stretch during final cuts where all their RBs were getting injured. They were interested in trading for Bell but decided on Ryan Grant instead.

Good move by GB to pick Grant over Bell.

omac
04-23-2008, 06:03 AM
That was PRE selvin, though, wasn't it??? :confused:

Yeah. No arguments there, Selvin and Hall do look better.

TXBRONC
04-23-2008, 07:15 AM
If he can pick that up well, then that will definatly help our running game.

He'll need put on about 25 lbs.

LRtagger
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
See Chicago Bears game 2007.

Scarface
04-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Everyone likes to tear the guy down but he came in as an undrafted rookie and did a very good job in the red zone and in short yardage.

Lonestar
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Everyone likes to tear the guy down but he came in as an undrafted rookie and did a very good job in the red zone and in short yardage.

never figured that one out the guy was the last one to be able to score in the red zone.. And he is on the bench.. Way to go mikey, way to use your assets..

r8rh8r
04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Mike Bell has filled out to 225lbs and may even come in at 230lbs this summer. I wouldn't discount the possibility of him replacing Cecil Sapp at FB next year. This is in many ways similar to what we did with Mike Anderson, although Mike Bell is no Mike Anderson.

Still, Bell is arguably the best short-yardage back we have after possibly Andre Hall. I wouldn't count him out.